Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

She looks nothing like Jana to me. Jana is much prettier. Abbie's features are "too big" for her face or something, I don't know what it is but she's quirky looking. They look happy together though. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tasya said:

She looks nothing like Jana to me. Jana is much prettier. Abbie's features are "too big" for her face or something, I don't know what it is but she's quirky looking. They look happy together though. 

Abbie's features remind me of my husband's ex-fiancee, I realized today. I'm trying not to hold that against her.

• LOL 11
(edited)
20 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think she's very pretty, and I don't see the resemblance to Jana at all.

I hope that they have a happy marriage and have no kids at all.

I think Abbie's really cute while still looking like a normal person. Something kind of girl next door about her.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
13 hours ago, Zella said:

I think Abbie's really cute while still looking like a normal person. Something kind of girl next door about her.

I agree, she's cute in a girl-next-door, approachable way.  I also don't think she looks much like Jana who is also cute, IMO.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I don’t think either one of them are attractive. And I’m cringing at the hands around the stomach picture unless they just like that pose. 

Well they didn’t get to do the “school dance” pose, so they need to catch up. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Wait--Duggar Academy doesn't have a prom? 

Well, they only have "graduation" when somebody suddenly realizes, "Oh, crap, sometime in the past few years two or three kids have stopped even pretending to study third-grade math and fifth-grade reading!

"We'd better pretend they've just 'graduated' from our high-school-diploma-providing 'academy' so we can uphold our image with everybody gullible enough to still buy it!" 

So, you know, prom schmom. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

I wonder if she’s been suffering from hyperemesis and that’s why she looks like she actually lost weight and has missed family events.

that is possible. I went to school with a woman who missed a whole year of our program she was so sick. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190801-120013_Instagram.jpg

Wonder if she'll birth the baby on a plane.

It’s pretty amazing to think about how much JD loves being a pilot- yet his parents denied him that job choice for years.  Right up until Josh’s scandal, and then JD got to have the job he wanted.  

I wish they had waited a few more months before they chose to start a family. However they are at least older than the rest. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

27. She and Jessa are the same age.

Technically Jessa is still 26 until early November. Abbie turned 27 in April. 

John and Abbie were married the first week in November last year. They will be married ten  nine months in the next few days. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 3
20 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Technically Jessa is still 26 until early November. Abbie turned 27 in April. 

John and Abbie were married the first week in November last year. They will be married ten months in the next few days. 

Slight correction: 9 months married in early August. So, it took 6-ish months to get pregnant? Not bad for a Duggar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Slight correction: 9 months married in early August. So, it took 6-ish months to get pregnant? Not bad for a Duggar.

Thanks for the correction. I've been sick and not sleeping well so sorry I didn't realise it was only 9 months. 

5 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

I wonder if she’s been suffering from hyperemesis and that’s why she looks like she actually lost weight and has missed family events.

I can't find it, but they did a video for TLC. According to the video, Abbie was feeling really sick, went to see a doctor and found out she was pregnant. 

Also a poster on FJ claims to know the family and says Abbie is due in January. 

• Useful 12

I only figured it out since I was trying to figure out a conception timeline. And I subtracted 8 from 11 and realized it was 9 months. 

I hope I didn't sound condescending. It wasn't meant that way. 😊

• Love 5
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

I only figured it out since I was trying to figure out a conception timeline. And I subtracted 8 from 11 and realized it was 9 months. 

I hope I didn't sound condescending. It wasn't meant that way. 😊

No, you were very kind. I just felt dumb. 

• Love 1

And I just went to FJ to read the insider's comments. She said she's been sitting on this since Grandma Mary's funeral which was 6/17. She suspects Abbie is about halfway through her pregnancy. So, it took a lot less time to get knocked up than I initially suspected.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I can't find it, but they did a video for TLC. According to the video, Abbie was feeling really sick, went to see a doctor and found out she was pregnant. 

Duh. She wasn’t doing multiple pee sticks per day?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4