Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Home Sextuplets - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

If you find that a poster's posts routinely annoy you, you should place them on ignore.  Hover over their user name. A pop-up will appear on which you can select ignore.

• Start Topic

I always think about how wild and undisciplined the "babies' are. When I saw that scene where they were all eating though, I couldn't believe how calm and quiet they all were. And not a finger in sight, but forks in every hand and no messes that I could see. Really good for kids that age.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I always think about how wild and undisciplined the "babies' are. When I saw that scene where they were all eating though, I couldn't believe how calm and quiet they all were. And not a finger in sight, but forks in every hand and no messes that I could see. Really good for kids that age.

They made up for it with that scene from the couch, when all of them were jumping all over the place.  I was waiting for one of them to miss the couch and crack their head on the floor.

• Love 3
On 10/21/2020 at 3:55 PM, 65mickey said:

Being in the situation that they are in I would imagine that private adult time is the last thing on their minds. At least it would be for me.  

Exactly they've got 9 kids...they don't need anymore "private adult" time.  😂

*joking*

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2020 at 1:30 PM, TwirlyGirly said:
On 8/18/2020 at 4:19 PM, justdoit10 said:

She was a first grade teacher!

WHAT??? Are you sure? She has the worst grammar! Always says “he don’t” or “she don’t”, plus other gaffes I can’t remember right now but it registered with me when I heard them. I sure wouldn’t want her teaching my kids. I’m shocked.

• Love 4
On 10/5/2020 at 3:21 PM, Twopper said:

I have never heard of the tradition of feed the reindeer oats. I grew up in a city... But I guess if Santa is eating cookies and milk, the animals need their feed too.

We always left out carrots for the reindeer next to the milk and cookies.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GrammyPammy said:

We always left out carrots for the reindeer next to the milk and cookies.

We always left out carrots too. Those reindeer work hard, and they deserve a snack.

• Love 2
On 10/25/2020 at 10:38 PM, GrammyPammy said:

WHAT??? Are you sure? She has the worst grammar! Always says “he don’t” or “she don’t”, plus other gaffes I can’t remember right now but it registered with me when I heard them. I sure wouldn’t want her teaching my kids. I’m shocked.

In the pilot she said she taught for 13 years in the Albertsville city school district.  SMH.

• Useful 1

RE: courtney's grammer - 

We had a similar discussion about a cast-mate on another show.

It is possible that Courtney has a verbiage at school/professional environment and uses another at home or when she is in more comfortable surroundings.

Kinda like those acquaintances that cuss frequently or use alot of street verbiage/slang.. They translate their word choice to the audience that is in front of them.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, sATL said:

It is possible that Courtney has a verbiage at school/professional environment and uses another at home or when she is in more comfortable surroundings.

Kinda like those acquaintances that cuss frequently or use alot of street verbiage/slang.. They translate their word choice to the audience that is in front of them.

This is me. I have a *colorful* and generally casual vocabulary, but I don’t roll it out when I’m standing in front of college and university CFOs trying to sell them business automation software. 😉

• Love 6
14 hours ago, sATL said:

Yes, it’s definitely a thing! I’ve talked about that on here before. We have no idea how Courtney spoke to her students. We all have a formal and informal way of speaking. One time my mom called me at work and thought she had the wrong number because she did not recognize my professional voice when I answered the phone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The youngest 6 children go for a speech check up.  Oh why bother to wear your mask? Just put it on to enter the building and then proceed to pull it down below your mouth everytime you speak.  And for Courtney that's pretty much the entire time she is in the room with the speech therapist. And she was rubing her nose at one point. I have a feeling these morons are anti-maskers and just put them on for filming. Why not throw in a three ring circus petting zoo with a bunch of people? They deserve some fun and masks not necessary in the middle of a pandemic. 

• Love 4

what is the new name of the product they used for walls in the new house? 

I thought it was  " paneling " - very common in the 70s , where the lines were vertical and normally dark in color, unless one painted it. I guess it is making a comeback ..

I like it on a room or two, but looks like they used it in every room.

RE: the completed "new" house - 

what is that material on the walls?  I thought it was paneling but I am used to seeing that in brown and with vertical lines. They used it in just about every room of the house..

Good to hear they still offer construction loans..

From the eyes of a 2yr old - must have been more than odd and sad to see your home (the mobile home) being towed off down the street..

Edited by sATL
2 hours ago, sATL said:

what is that material on the walls?  I thought it was paneling but I am used to seeing that in brown and with vertical lines. They used it in just about every room of the house..

I wasn't paying that much attention, and I erased the episode, but I do think it was a lot of white paneling.  They are going for a rustic look which makes sense for a house in the country.  It would look odd in a Colonial house in a historic neighborhood, but I think it is fairly common for a farmhouse --or house located on a farm--in the south.  I did notice a white "barn door" which I think was the door to a closet.

I wish I had paid a little more attention to the children's bedrooms with all the bunks.  I was wondering if they were built in or if they looked built in because they were also white.

I was also shocked that they had picked out a white wing chair.   And, as I said before, they really should get a sleeper sofa if they are going to  sleep in the living area.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I wasn't paying that much attention, and I erased the episode, but I do think it was a lot of white paneling.  They are going for a rustic look which makes sense for a house in the country.  It would look odd in a Colonial house in a historic neighborhood, but I think it is fairly common for a farmhouse --or house located on a farm--in the south.  I did notice a white "barn door" which I think was the door to a closet.

I wish I had paid a little more attention to the children's bedrooms with all the bunks.  I was wondering if they were built in or if they looked built in because they were also white.

I was also shocked that they had picked out a white wing chair.   And, as I said before, they really should get a sleeper sofa if they are going to  sleep in the living area.

on the left is the baby  boy  room... the right is the big boys room.. they went fast so this is the best snippet I could get.

Sleeper sofa probably doesn't come in white..😁

image.thumb.png.d94f2db01147bcb38f58cc75eed24f65.png

Edited by sATL
2 hours ago, sATL said:

RE: the completed "new" house - 

Good to hear they still offer construction loans..

From the eyes of a 2yr old - must have been more than odd and sad to see your home (the mobile home) being towed off down the street..

She has done her whole house in white shiplap.....she's mentioned before she loves that style 😉 actually it would be considered a farmhouse style.

Edited by Whyyouneedaname
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, sATL said:

Rawlings sounded so sad saying “My house!”

On 10/17/2020 at 9:21 AM, sATL said:

Are those fries (see my earlier post) locally to AL? I'm still thinking about them - hoping they can cross the state line to the east...

I've been out of pocket for a while and just saw this.  I tried to compare the photo of Popsie and whichever kid it was to online photos of restaurants in Albertville and Guntersville to see if I could figure out where it was.  I had no success.  😞  But I've always called those steak fries.  I don't think they are unique to Alabama.

• Useful 1

I’m confused about the bunk beds for the boys. First of all, there are three bunk beds for the big boys, and three bunk beds for the littles, meaning for six boys they have twelve beds.  But second, after saying how dangerous it would be for one of them to fall out of the crib, why give the littles top bunks?  Those boys are monkeys and will be falling off and splitting their heads open. 

• Love 1

My issue with boy bunk beds is that , while a space/square foot savings, kids grow out of them - horizontally and vertically, and possibly in body mass.

Eric is pretty tall. It stands to reason, the boys will be tall too and the bed will become too short. The bedframe didn't look like twin xl mattresses. Looks like Saylor has put on some height during this season. Unknown when Eric gained his manly build - but if one or more of the boys also gain, the top bunk may just be too much to hold them safely.  They already call one of the littles "biscuit" - well he just might keep following that weight curve on the growth chart...

Kids to get tired of climbing up all of the time, every single time. Yes - in some college dorms you can loft the bed, again to make the best use of space, but it does get old.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

I need to rewind and review when I have a chance . I don't remember the bathrooms - mainly the one for the 6 boys.  Did they build for everyone getting ready close to the same time - like two sinks and possibly two showers ?

I know that might sound like a luxury to have 2 showers in a single bathroom, but as long as one is building out, might as well build to make daily life easier  and quicker. Adding an additional shower stall couldn't have been that much more $$ in the grand scheme of things.

Or instead of that traditional 1/2 bath (toilet & single sink) design on the main floor, stick a shower stall there.

Edited by sATL
On 6/5/2019 at 2:24 PM, Julia67 said:

I would like to know how all these moms of many multiples (Outdaughtered, Sweet Home Sextuplets) are so skinny and thin afterward??  I had four separate single births and, while I'm tall and thin, I certainly didn't look like either of these women, who've had so many babies.  It boggles the mind!

The reason why Danielle(the mom from OutDaughtered) and Courtney(Sweet Home Sextuplets) are "so skinny and thin" after they have had their babies is that Danielle exercised and worked out as I'm sure Courtney did as well. It takes time and effort to naturally lose weight after babies but I think what they don't reveal(which is annoying to me personally) is that they may have had surgery. I mean, how else are you supposed to believe that they look so skinny and thin? It's obvious that they chased and took care of babies and whatever but come on. There's no way you were so skinny and thin right after you had those babies. You were pudgy and fat so, you exercised as soon as you could? It seems unbelievable to me and I definitely wouldn't believe it outright, no matter what they say in their blogs or even on TV. They lie like rugs when they say "I worked out and exercised a ton" or "ate healthy and didn't put on a lot of weight". It's mainly BS. You had a tummy tuck and don't want to admit it because you want us(the viewers) to believe everything that comes out of your mouth. 

• Love 2

I absolutely LOVE this show, they blow the Busby show away, except of course for uncle drew? Is that his name? This show is so Real, so honest & not at all PRACTICED or created drama as the out daughter show is now, I just can’t with outdaughtered. They seem to be all about the money & being on tv it’s lost it’s cuteness & reality. With this show, it’s just Real life what it’s like trying to raise 9 children, no airs, no for tv drama, no fiction. I absolutely adore, the whole family, grand parents friends & all. 

• Love 4
On 10/27/2020 at 10:32 PM, Jeddah said:

Yes, it’s definitely a thing! I’ve talked about that on here before. We have no idea how Courtney spoke to her students. We all have a formal and informal way of speaking. One time my mom called me at work and thought she had the wrong number because she did not recognize my professional voice when I answered the phone.

I had colleagues laughing when I switched into client-facing voice on a call.  As in, first client's name shows up and suddenly my voice os softer and lighter with a non-distinct, newscaster accent.  Many people use different grammar, language and enunciation in different situations.  I was explaining this to a class of 11-13 boys one time, using the example of how you speak with your friends is not how you speak to your grandmother.  One young man tried to act all tough, saying he talks that way to her.  His friend cut in with, "If you do that, we wouldn't see you again!  She'd have you in church all day every day.  Your grandmother doesn't play!" 

We had bunkbeds when I was young as a way to fit four kids into a very small row home.  If you have a mess o' kids and money enough to build, think about more space.  Fortunately we moved to a place where we could have extra long twin beds before my brothers hit 6'4" and 6'8".  Bunkbeds are a temporary solution.  

I do not get the desire to have s much white in a house with small children.  Kids are messy.  No shade. It's just how they are.  Little hands learning to hold things without dropping them.  Little minds learning how to take care of things.  White gets dirty fast. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Many people use different grammar, language and enunciation in different situations

I may change my vocabulary depending on the setting (I try not to swear at work 😀) and will throw in an occasional "ain't" for effect when it is clear that I am joking (such as "you ain't woman enough to take my man") but I have never eschewed the rules of grammar.  

• Love 2
On 11/1/2020 at 8:42 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I do not get the desire to have s much white in a house with small children.  Kids are messy.  No shade. It's just how they are.  Little hands learning to hold things without dropping them.  Little minds learning how to take care of things.  White gets dirty fast.

I don't think practicality or common sense are big traits of Courtney's  This is a woman with 9 children, the majority of them boys, and a husband who looks like he has a healthy appetite and she can't/doesn't cook!  Her routines and ways of doing some things sometimes makes me want to scream in frustration.  I often wonder how she ever managed to guide and teach a classroom of children. 

I did a double take when they were getting ready to move out of the doublewide - the sofa in the living room was filthy. I don't know how any adult could sit on it. Yuck!  It's what you'd expect with that many young children spilling things, but I never saw a quilt or anything draped over it to try to keep it clean.  IDK, maybe they planned all along to toss it when they moved out, but what have they taught the little kids about how to treat furniture, etc. for when they move back into their house with all w.h.i.t.e. walls!?!?!?  Yikes.

• Love 6

I just saw Courtney's IG page and while most of the house is done, they are just finishing adding the master bedroom suite but they have been living in the rest of it.  She has alot of pics of the kids and they are now over 3 but all of them are still in diapers.  Not sure what they are waiting for there.  Where I live pre school won't take them if they are not potty trained.  

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, justdoit10 said:

I just saw Courtney's IG page and while most of the house is done, they are just finishing adding the master bedroom suite but they have been living in the rest of it.  She has alot of pics of the kids and they are now over 3 but all of them are still in diapers.  Not sure what they are waiting for there.  Where I live pre school won't take them if they are not potty trained.  

I thought Eric had a "preference" that all of the kids to be toliet trained before moving into the new house due to the hardwoods. 

Being shutdown for a couple of months, or even once things semi-opened up, would have been a good time to attempt training. Unless getting toliet paper was an issue. Courtney might have turned into teacher mode though with the homeschooling...  I think the twins are close or in the grade she taught..

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I thought Eric had a "preference" that all of the kids to be toliet trained before moving into the new house due to the hardwoods. 

Being shutdown for a couple of months, or even once things semi-opened up, would have been a good time to attempt training. Unless getting toliet paper was an issue. Courtney might have turned into teacher mode though with the homeschooling...  I think the twins are close or in the grade she taught..

You are right.  You would think the restrictions  and being at home would have given her time for a plan to train them.  Get them on a schedule that they go every hour or something instead of 6 3 yr olds still not trained at any level.   If for no other reason than all that diaper changing still.

• Love 1
On 3/28/2021 at 8:15 PM, justdoit10 said:

You are right.  You would think the restrictions  and being at home would have given her time for a plan to train them.  Get them on a schedule that they go every hour or something instead of 6 3 yr olds still not trained at any level.   If for no other reason than all that diaper changing still.  They seem to be like 2 yr olds in development in many ways.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:44 PM, TRUSAG said:

I absolutely LOVE this show, they blow the Busby show away, except of course for uncle drew? Is that his name? This show is so Real, so honest & not at all PRACTICED or created drama as the out daughter show is now, I just can’t with outdaughtered. They seem to be all about the money & being on tv it’s lost it’s cuteness & reality. With this show, it’s just Real life what it’s like trying to raise 9 children, no airs, no for tv drama, no fiction. I absolutely adore, the whole family, grand parents friends & all. 

Anyone who does a show like this is looking for a paycheck.  You  might like them more but at the end of the day the motive is the same and they want paid.  The kids become the meal ticket and it isn't even their choice.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 7
On 3/28/2021 at 6:35 PM, justdoit10 said:

I know Kate Gosselin isn’t someone to turn to for good mothering techniques, but I think her decision to first get the girls potty trained, and then the boys, was a smart decision. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, SilverLake0315 said:

Eric and Courtney did a Q&A and one of the things they talked about was they've decided not to do another season of the show 😕

Good for them! Finally, parents who are putting their children's welfare first instead of the almighty dollar. I wish them the best! 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Good for them! Finally, parents who are putting their children's welfare first instead of the almighty dollar. I wish them the best! 

I guess they have all of the money they need. And have done their time in the embrassment tv-reality world. They made that money taking the hard road - 9 people in a two bedroom trailer, and no master bedroom for years. They need grownup couple alone time. Hell, I would be glad to sit on the toilet in the master bath  in peace as opposed to rushing in the hall/family bathroom, and/or moving out clothes/laundry baskets just to take a shower.

They probably have cleared all of the medical bills, the new bigger house is built, and the  littles are older now so Courtney can go back to work, at least some of the time. The oldest is probably in middle school now, so being on TV isn't helping growth-life challenges that come from being a teen. Eric while he was cordial, I never got the feeling he was over enthusiastic about being filmed. He just wanted to do his landscaping business ( which probably boomed during the pandemic), raise cattle  ( the price of beef has gone up) and coach rec sports.

The Auburn 529 college fund is probably coming along well-stock market has been decent.

Since they didn't take out a construction loan (which I didn't understand why) , any leftover bills from that must be small enough to handle, or SM gigs are covering . Wonder if Grandpa kept his side gig at the store.

The Waldrops opting out might explain why the Busbys are out of control. Wonder if there has been another fresh set of multiple pandemic babies born?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, SilverLake0315 said:

Eric and Courtney did a Q&A and one of the things they talked about was they've decided not to do another season of the show 😕

I was just coming to post that.  I'll really miss the show, but it's commendable that they put their children first.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Yep..Auburn Alumni is on the ready..

https://www.alumni.auburn.edu/waldrop

Back to the show ending decision, living in a smaller town only has so many places to film, that would be of TV rating interest. And  it also means getting other people involved who really are used to privacy and peace.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

One of the few times on reality TV where the parents stopped filming.    I commend them for that.  I hope they paid everything off, and have a healthy emergency fund, and live their best life.  

It almost sounded mutual with TLC and I never thought Eric liked it but he went along with Courtney.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

One of the few times on reality TV where the parents stopped filming.    I commend them for that.  I hope they paid everything off, and have a healthy emergency fund, and live their best life.  

I don't recall their names, but the young family of septs that lost a baby at about six months to a heart defect also stopped filming -- presumably for that reason...

Courtney and her father (and their accents) were pretty entertaining, but this is definitely best for ALL the kids and probably their marriage, as well, since TLC can be hard on those!

(edited)
25 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I don't recall their names, but the young family of septs that lost a baby at about six months to a heart defect also stopped filming -- presumably for that reason...

Courtney and her father (and their accents) were pretty entertaining, but this is definitely best for ALL the kids and probably their marriage, as well, since TLC can be hard on those!

Hodges Half Dozen.  Plus the dad was going to medical school. the show would have gotten in the way of bigger and better things.

"The proud father and former medical student admitted that he and Liz were hesitant at first to let TLC film their chaotic home life, "but we ultimately didn’t want to close a door on something that may be a blessing for us and others," he explained in a chat with Texas A&M Today."

https://www.distractify.com/p/hodges-half-dozen-now

Edited by sATL