Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Home Sextuplets - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

If you find that a poster's posts routinely annoy you, you should place them on ignore.  Hover over their user name. A pop-up will appear on which you can select ignore.

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 hours ago, sATL said:

I need to re-wind and watch this discussion.  I lost my mind on following/recalling the show when Eric stated he wanted all of the toddlers potty trained b/c they are putting in hardwood and didn't want to chance that there would be pee in between the cracks of wood. I never heard of such nasty..

The $$ discussion is what I've been waiting for. Just how much is all of the remodel costing? I mean they are acting like there is NO money which is why the 2-3 year wait on another phase for a master bedroom/bath. Are they trying to do all of this w/o getting a mortgage/ construction loan?  That is commendable - to be monthly house note free  for 30 yrs- but when you have 9 kids...

Pee and poop in the cracks?  Agree it was totally ridiculous and something I never heard anyone say.  I don't understand waiting for a master bedroom and bathroom.  Where do they exactly plan on sleeping?  With 9 kids, parents also need a place to retreat to for their own well being and to be a better parent.  I don't know if the remodel phases are just a story line for drama..  Did anyone catch what Saylor said about their house when they went to the hotel?  He commented how their house is  always messy.  For him to say it, it must bother him.  Kids do notice these things whether you know it or not.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 3
On 7/15/2020 at 3:33 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I like this family but I find Courtney's obsession with including the babies in everything annoying.

She has insisted on dragging the babies everywhere since the beginning even to the big boys sporting activities where the babies were too small to appreciate it and they would have been better off at home with the grandparents for an hour or two.

I think Courtney loves all the attention she gets when she rolls in with her 6 babies and basically takes over the event with babies screaming and her running in every direction as the crowd looks on in disbelief.... Meanwhile it deprives the big boys of some actual time with her watching them instead of the babies.

I could barely stand to watch the birthday party with Courtney shouting "Layke, Layke, LAYKE!,  LAYKE?!?!?!!" (eyes bugging out of her head) while her dad tried to tell her that he was fine...... Good grief.. Meanwhile the big boys are left to themselves as she obsessed over the babies once again, there was a ton of friends and family helping her watch the babies but true to form Courtney managed to be a drama queen once again as if she's the only one who's capable of watching them.

The entire conversation about them doing the master bedroom and bath at the end of the show was so fake... She's standing there with raccoon eyes going on and on about staying in the doublewide when it was obviously the plan from the beginning... Ugh I hate all the manufactured nonsense..... They'll do the master suite and she'll run around screaming about Rawlings!...Or Blu!... Or heaven forbid.. LAYYYYYKE!.... 😲

I like her but she'd drive me nuts if I had to be around her.  🙄

What gets to me is when she is always saying the babies , the babies , the babies in that voice of hers. Ugh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/19/2020 at 12:14 PM, justdoit10 said:

What gets to me is when she is always saying the babies , the babies , the babies...

Me too.  They are two in the latest shows (two and a half in real time) and they are not babies any longer.  But I'd rather hear her call them babies than "God's Divine Six" or some such.

• Love 3

I honestly don't see the logic in trying to potty train all six of the sextuplets simultaneously. Kids mature at different rates. They also learn from one another, and like to copycat. I would assess their potty training readiness and pick the two I thought would catch on the fastest.

While I was potty training them, I'd be talking it up with the other four; "Your sisters (brothers/brother and sister) are so big now they're ready to use the big kids potty! You'll be ready to use the big kids potty next!" And then I might throw in mention of some privilege only kids who use the big kids potty get to have.  

I honestly think the total time to get all six potty trained would be less than or equal to the amount of time it's gonna take to try and potty train all six simultaneously, and with a lot less stress.

Also...the birthday parties....

I managed to grow up only having birthday parties with my immediate family members (and my brother and sister were 15 and 11 years older than me, respectively). I only had ONE birthday party with friends; my 11th birthday...and IIRC I invited 5 or 6 classmates and we had the party in my backyard.

Beginning around the age of 12, to celebrate my birthday, my parents took me out to my favorite restaurant, Manero's Steak House in Greenwich, CT, and I was allowed to invite a friend to join us. 

The point being, my birthdays were celebrated but they weren't productions. I never felt deprived nor have I ever felt the need to see a therapist as an adult to "work out my feelings" because my parents didn't spend hundreds or thousands of dollars taking me, my brother and sister, extended relatives, friends, etc., to a commercial venue with activities and/or entertainment to celebrate my birthday.

And I still felt loved! And celebrated!

(In retrospect, I'll bet some of the money they didn't spend on big, expensive parties allowed them to buy me better birthday gifts. So there's that, too!)

• Love 7
(edited)

On her instagram she posted pictures of her new kitchen.  It is stark white with a huge island and open shelving (they will be piled with junk).  The kitchen table is a white picnic table and the walls are all white shiplap.  Does she know she has 9 kids, 6 that are 2 yr olds?  Apparently they have been in the trailer for 7 months and are almost done.  They are finishing the master bedroom and bathroom.  The kitchen and dining room may be pretty but it certainly isn't realistic for her brood.

Edited by justdoit10

I have trouble with bringing that many babies into a home, because, it's simply not possible to give all the kids the individual times and attention they need.  Plus, it creates a rather chaotic home and I could see that not being a peaceful experience growing up.  AND, it puts a lot of pressure on family members to help you.  I don't see that as very fair to other people.  They love you and want to help and you can't afford to pay them....so they are free employees.  So, everyone is robbed of something. 

It's selfish. And in the case of doing it for reality TV, greedy.

• Love 4
(edited)

A white kitchen, and dining room with 9 kids!     That's going to be nothing but hand prints, and food stains.   I hope her other design choices are better for everyday living, but I'm betting they won't be.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

And several pictures of the children posing on the dining table. So how do you make toddlers understand they aren't allowed to sit on the table, when you sometimes park their butts there yourself? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Quof said:

And several pictures of the children posing on the dining table. So how do you make toddlers understand they aren't allowed to sit on the table, when you sometimes park their butts there yourself? 

I saw that but meanwhile they are always scolding one of them for climbing on tables.

• Love 1

I think this is what Eric was worried about when he said "poop in the cracks" of the wood floor...

This is mud but the babies have no privacy... bare ass on the internet for everyone to see.  😕

rsz_screenshot_1299.jpg

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I think this is what Eric was worried about when he said "poop in the cracks" of the wood floor...

This is mud but the babies have no privacy... bare ass on the internet for everyone to see.  😕

rsz_screenshot_1299.jpg

And they remodel  a kitchen, dining room and living completely white.  How does that make sense with all these kids?  I don't understand parents posting these kind of pictures for the public.  Keep them in the family.

• Love 4

Yes, pictures with any nudity should be off the internet, and publicity.    There are sickos that hunt for these, and download them for their own uses.    I didn't even realize it, until a friend's grandkids pictures were being viewed, and downloaded, but only the ones with out clothes.   They stopped posting them, and blocked anyone that downloaded that they didn't know from access.  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, pictures with any nudity should be off the internet, and publicity.    There are sickos that hunt for these, and download them for their own uses.    I didn't even realize it, until a friend's grandkids pictures were being viewed, and downloaded, but only the ones with out clothes.   They stopped posting them, and blocked anyone that downloaded that they didn't know from access.  

Yep, pictures like these could end up in a sicko forum that the parents aren't even aware of.  And once it is on the internet, goodluck  getting it off.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

whats up with her armpit/boob area?.... it looks strange.

is it the result of filtering?

The dark part is Saylor's shirt and then it is the skin hanging from the back of her arm.  I think she was leaning on Saylor's shoulder  so it pushed the skin forward.

• Useful 1
On 7/19/2020 at 12:05 PM, justdoit10 said:

Pee and poop in the cracks?  Agree it was totally ridiculous and something I never heard anyone say.  I don't understand waiting for a master bedroom and bathroom.  Where do they exactly plan on sleeping?  With 9 kids, parents also need a place to retreat to for their own well being and to be a better parent.  I don't know if the remodel phases are just a story line for drama..  Did anyone catch what Saylor said about their house when they went to the hotel?  He commented how their house is  always messy.  For him to say it, it must bother him.  Kids do notice these things whether you know it or not.

We had builder-grade hardwood floors in our house when my boys were small and it's a real thing when they miss for pee to get into the wood around the toilet.  This was 20 years ago, so wood floors may have come a long way since then in terms of finish durability. Also, we never had an issue with poop, so I don't know what that's about.  The other thing is that Eric's deluding himself if he thinks the boys, especially, aren't going to "miss" for a long time after they're potty trained.  Just their sheer number of boys, even if they're trying to be careful, using that toilet calls for a really easy to clean floor.  I mean no disrespect to boys, it can just take some time for them to learn.  

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

We had builder-grade hardwood floors in our house when my boys were small and it's a real thing when they miss for pee to get into the wood around the toilet.  This was 20 years ago, so wood floors may have come a long way since then in terms of finish durability. Also, we never had an issue with poop, so I don't know what that's about.  The other thing is that Eric's deluding himself if he thinks the boys, especially, aren't going to "miss" for a long time after they're potty trained.  Just their sheer number of boys, even if they're trying to be careful, using that toilet calls for a really easy to clean floor.  I mean no disrespect to boys, it can just take some time for them to learn.  

Did they install wood floors in their bathrooms?

I thought they had ceramic in the bathrooms and the wood floors Eric was fretting about were the kitchen, livingroom etc?

On 7/19/2020 at 12:14 PM, justdoit10 said:

What gets to me is when she is always saying the babies , the babies , the babies in that voice of hers. Ugh.

A loooong time ago I worked a call center job for a securities firm.  The woman I sat next to was from Texas.  Lord help me if I had to hear, in a thick Texas accent, one more time:  "Yeah, I work evenings but this was I can be home with my babies."  Who were 3 and 5.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

A loooong time ago I worked a call center job for a securities firm.  The woman I sat next to was from Texas.  Lord help me if I had to hear, in a thick Texas accent, one more time:  "Yeah, I work evenings but this was I can be home with my babies."  Who were 3 and 5.

I was born and raised in CT, but moved to N.Texas for work and lived there for 22 years. 

I made many friends there; quite a few were native Texans. What bothered me the most was people using the (non word) "fixin'," as in "I'm fixin' to make dinner" and I had to bite my tongue not to ask "Why? Is it broken?"

How in the world did "fixin'" become  synonymous with "going"?

I told my close friends if they ever heard me use the word "fixin'" they had my permission to shoot me on the spot. 

I'm still here so draw your own conclusions. 😉

Now I'm back in Yankee Land living in Rhode Island and I don't miss hearing "fixin'" (or "y'all") in the least.

Not that New Englanders don't have regional accents; we do! But I can't think of any words we've made up or misuse (correct me if I'm wrong!). 

The other thing I found unusual was how each family seemed to have their own names for grandparents. Growing up, it was always Grandma <first name> and Grandpa <first name> - not just in my family, but among all my aunts/uncles/cousins and my friends. So the whole discussion/decision over what each grandparent should be called just seemed unnecessarily complicated to me.

Now I can't remember what the grandparents on Sweet Home Sextuplets are called, the Outdaughtered grandparents, or The Little Couple grandparents (they used to live in TX).

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I was born and raised in CT, but moved to N.Texas for work and lived there for 22 years. 

I made many friends there; quite a few were native Texans. What bothered me the most was people using the (non word) "fixin'," as in "I'm fixin' to make dinner" and I had to bite my tongue not to ask "Why? Is it broken?"

How in the world did "fixin'" become  synonymous with "going"?

I told my close friends if they ever heard me use the word "fixin'" they had my permission to shoot me on the spot. 

I'm still here so draw your own conclusions. 😉

Now I'm back in Yankee Land living in Rhode Island and I don't miss hearing "fixin'" (or "y'all") in the least.

Not that New Englanders don't have regional accents; we do! But I can't think of any words we've made up or misuse (correct me if I'm wrong!). 

The other thing I found unusual was how each family seemed to have their own names for grandparents. Growing up, it was always Grandma <first name> and Grandpa <first name> - not just in my family, but among all my aunts/uncles/cousins and my friends. So the whole discussion/decision over what each grandparent should be called just seemed unnecessarily complicated to me.

Now I can't remember what the grandparents on Sweet Home Sextuplets are called, the Outdaughtered grandparents, or The Little Couple grandparents (they used to live in TX).

I bet a dollar one of grandpas will be Papa, which to me is a dad.  Just Grandpa Ed or Gramma Rose is enough, thanks!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I bet a dollar one of grandpas will be Papa, which to me is a dad.  Just Grandpa Ed or Gramma Rose is enough, thanks!

Exactly!

I read a letter to an advice columnist a few months back (I can't recall now whether it was Ask Amy or Carolyn Hax) in which two families had practically come to blows over what a grandchild - who hadn't been born yet! - would call the grandmothers.

IIRC, both grandmothers wanted to be called the same thing (think "Nana," "Meemaw," etc.) and the two families had reached an impasse and weren't on speaking terms...

I don't recall whether there was/is a Southern tradition for what to call aunts/uncles. My mother was one of 10 children, so I had a bunch of aunts and uncles. We always just called them Aunt <first name> and Uncle <first name> to distinguish them from unrelated adults, which we called Ms. (or Mrs., Miss) <last name> or Mr. <last name>.

I'm showing my age here; no calling adults by their first names when I was growing up.

Have we ever seen any aunts/uncles on Sweet Home Sextuplets, and if so, do you remember how they were addressed by the kids?

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Exactly!

I read a letter to an advice columnist a few months back (I can't recall now whether it was Ask Amy or Carolyn Hax) in which two families had practically come to blows over what a grandchild - who hadn't been born yet! - would call the grandmothers.

IIRC, both grandmothers wanted to be called the same thing (think "Nana," "Meemaw," etc.) and the two families had reached an impasse and weren't on speaking terms...

I don't recall whether there was/is a Southern tradition for what to call aunts/uncles. My mother was one of 10 children, so I had a bunch of aunts and uncles. We always just called them Aunt <first name> and Uncle <first name> to distinguish them from unrelated adults, which we called Ms. (or Mrs., Miss) <last name> or Mr. <last name>.

I'm showing my age here; no calling adults by their first names when I was growing up.

Have we ever seen any aunts/uncles on Sweet Home Sextuplets, and if so, do you remember how they were addressed by the kids?

I am not a regualar viewer of the show, I did see one snippet where I thought the mom of the herd was an only child?

Good grief - coming to blows over being Meemah #1 or Meemah #2.  

I, too, only called grownups by their last names.  When I was a young adult, neighbors would say "Call me Jim now!"  and I was like, "Okay......Mr. Smith!"  Could not do it!

Someone upthread suggested (and I agree) that the mom brings the six pack to all these events for attention.  Like six LITTLE kids are going to sit in their stroller and be quiet.  I bet those boys are like, "Geez Mom and Dad, can you come to ONE game ALONE?"  I have a hunch the other people in the stands are like "Oh God here they come again.......MOVE!"  Look, I am a sped teacher and a parent but if they showed up near me I would move.  I have raised my kids, thanks, and you went to the fertility well with three kids already.  Figure this shit out on your own.  I came to watch my kid, not listen to your six pack screeching!"  Aren't I compassionate??

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

In my day it was Big Mama, Big Daddy, Memaw and Pawpaw. More formal families used Grandmuthah and Grandfathah (no pronunciation of the "r".) And we said "Aint" for "Aunt," as in Aint Betty.

I had a great gramma who was, how can I say this, fond of pie and she was called "Big Gramma" - at her request!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am not a regualar viewer of the show, I did see one snippet where I thought the mom of the herd was an only child?

Good grief - coming to blows over being Meemah #1 or Meemah #2.  

I, too, only called grownups by their last names.  When I was a young adult, neighbors would say "Call me Jim now!"  and I was like, "Okay......Mr. Smith!"  Could not do it!

Someone upthread suggested (and I agree) that the mom brings the six pack to all these events for attention.  Like six LITTLE kids are going to sit in their stroller and be quiet.  I bet those boys are like, "Geez Mom and Dad, can you come to ONE game ALONE?"  I have a hunch the other people in the stands are like "Oh God here they come again.......MOVE!"  Look, I am a sped teacher and a parent but if they showed up near me I would move.  I have raised my kids, thanks, and you went to the fertility well with three kids already.  Figure this shit out on your own.  I came to watch my kid, not listen to your six pack screeching!"  Aren't I compassionate??

I agree with you.  It isn't a matter of compassion, IMO.  I was a lot more compassionate when infertility treatments were newer and less precise, but now that the risks are better known and there have been a ton of families with large-order multiples, I find the whole notion that Eric and Courtney and the Busbys are just so shocked at the work and money it takes to raise 47 kids either really disingenuous or incredibly stupid.  In Eric and Courtney's case, it's even worse to me because they already had 3 kids.  

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I agree with you.  It isn't a matter of compassion, IMO.  I was a lot more compassionate when infertility treatments were newer and less precise, but now that the risks are better known and there have been a ton of families with large-order multiples, I find the whole notion that Eric and Courtney and the Busbys are just so shocked at the work and money it takes to raise 47 kids either really disingenuous or incredibly stupid.  In Eric and Courtney's case, it's even worse to me because they already had 3 kids.  

Thank you.  And they had three healthy kids - two over my legal limit, lol.  "Wow - who would have thought 5 kids in diapers would cost so much?"  I had SO VERY MANY PEOPLE ask me (after my two sons were born) "So....ya gonna try for a girl?"  Yeah....no.  I found it rude and dismissive to my sons.  I never wanted a daughter, lol.  

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Thank you.  And they had three healthy kids - two over my legal limit, lol.  "Wow - who would have thought 5 kids in diapers would cost so much?"  I had SO VERY MANY PEOPLE ask me (after my two sons were born) "So....ya gonna try for a girl?"  Yeah....no.  I found it rude and dismissive to my sons.  I never wanted a daughter, lol.  

Ugh, I had the opposite. 2 girls and always asked if I was trying for a boy. We got a boy. But I’d always come back with “actually, I’m hopping for 4 girls”. Honestly, I’d have been happy either way, but fuck them for dismissing my girls. I don’t understand this mentality, we can never win either way. 

I haven’t been watching this since the first season. Did it come back on? Is the kitchen/Reno stuff on there or their social media?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Ugh, I had the opposite. 2 girls and always asked if I was trying for a boy. We got a boy. But I’d always come back with “actually, I’m hopping for 4 girls”. Honestly, I’d have been happy either way, but fuck them for dismissing my girls. I don’t understand this mentality, we can never win either way. 

I haven’t been watching this since the first season. Did it come back on? Is the kitchen/Reno stuff on there or their social media?

Dismissive is right.  Another reason I can't take gender reveal videos that are circulating on FB.  Seems all the men are crushed they are having a girl and the ladies are sad it is a boy.   Go f**k yourselves, you are having a hopefully healthy baby.

Not sure if it came back on, I was not a regualar viewer.  Kate Gosselin ruined multiples shows for me, lol!!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

The kitchen reveal is just on social media, not on the show yet.  And she did a totally white kitchen and dining room with white shiplap walls everywhere.  Brilliant with 9 kids.  Next season they showed a preview that they are still in the trailer and a tornado is coming.  Of course.  Then they do corona, so they are quarantined in the trailer.  I guess they did live in the trailer for 7 months to do the whole house.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 1
On 8/2/2020 at 10:52 AM, TwirlyGirly said:

Exactly!

Same here.  I addressed adults the same as you were taught.  Matter in fact when I got my first job my Mom's good friend worked at the same place.  She told me I could call her by her first name and I couldn't do it.  It was too weird to me knowing I addressed her as Mrs and her last name ever since I was a kid.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Yeah...no life jackets, a tragedy waiting to happen. I don't have kids, but, I could not fathom taking such a risk.

I know right, it's not like when i was a kid and life jackets were huge, heavy and hard to move around in BUT my parents still insisted that everyone including themselves wear life jackets whenever we were out on the water.

Nowadays life jackets are small, light weight and zip on like a little vest, there's absolutely no excuse to go boating without life jackets!

one rogue wave, gust of wind or even a good YANK on their line while fishing and a kid balancing on the edge of the boat could easily fall overboard, hit their head and go under.

• Love 6
On 8/4/2020 at 7:51 PM, Dustbunny said:

10 PICS

Deep sea fishing and no life jackets on the kids.

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. 👎

Wow.  Irresponsible doesn't begin to explain this.  I have been deep sea fishing and the water and weather can be very unpredictable, not to mention if they get a big fish on the line.  Shame on them.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 2

The Busbys are filming again, and did the same thing, a boat trip to the Gulf, and no life jackets on anyone.   I can't even imagine having a tragedy happen, and losing a child because you wanted better filming opportunities for sponsors, or for a TV show.   I don't know what Alabama law is about life jackets, but other states like Texas require life jackets on all kids unless the boat is anchored.   

The Sextuplet parents should get a clue, but I don't think they will.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Busbys are filming again, and did the same thing, a boat trip to the Gulf, and no life jackets on anyone.   I can't even imagine having a tragedy happen, and losing a child because you wanted better filming opportunities for sponsors, or for a TV show.   I don't know what Alabama law is about life jackets, but other states like Texas require life jackets on all kids unless the boat is anchored.   

The Sextuplet parents should get a clue, but I don't think they will.  

I'm sure it'll be fine because they're "God's divine nine!" 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't know what Alabama law is about life jackets, but other states like Texas require life jackets on all kids unless the boat is anchored.   

Alabama law requires passengers under 8 years of age to wear a Coast Guard-approved, life jacket while on board any boat (unless they are in an enclosed cabin).

In Texas, up to age 13.

Wales and Bridge turned 8 in January, so...they'd rather be sorry than safe, I guess...

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Rewording
  • Useful 5

Alabama law says all kids under 8 must wear a life jacket while on a boat.  All others must have a life jacket available to them.  They were in Florida, though, and Florida law says kids under 6 must wear one and all others must have one available to them.  There's nothing in the law about actually wearing the life jacket.  Sad, sad, sad.

• Useful 1
On 7/20/2019 at 4:47 AM, Jeddah said:

Having a Southern accent doesn’t mean Courtney is flaky. A Southern accent doesn’t mean someone is stupid, but I get the feeling some people on this board think it does. Bless their hearts.

Courtney 'makes' herself sound flaky. She often says things that don't add up, looks to Eric and giggles stating "I don't know 'bout these things". She may be bright, but she happily plays the part of someone who doesn't have a clue. Typical behaviour and saying like, "Cows haven't had their first litter..." or when she's putting together the toy car, etc. She's lovely, but she also is comfortable playing the 'stunned Southern woman'. You don't have to answer for poor decisions when you play 'simple'.

On 8/6/2020 at 3:18 PM, readheaded said:

I'm sure it'll be fine because they're "God's divine nine!" 

I am sorry and I am sure some other miserable poster (like me ;) has pointed this out, BUT God had nothing to do with the Waldrops having 9 children, but Science and $$ had EVERYTHING to do with those lovely children being here today.

• Love 7
On 6/16/2020 at 12:28 PM, Liamsmom617 said:

At this point in my life, I don’t find babies cute or amusing. They just fucking annoy me. So I’m certainly not watching it for them. Agreed, the kids’ names are ridiculous, but...whatever. I definitely agree with the previous poster that  it’s not fair to enlist all your friends and relatives to help take care of your litter of children. Sorry but 9 is just too damn many. That said, the kids are here now and they’re clearly loved and well-cared for. 

I have to agree with you. Now that the children are older, I do not enjoy watching and I have quit recording. Mostly because I see the toddlers displaying poor behaviour which Courtney has inadvertently encouraged. When I heard she was an only child, it made sense that she doesn't know how to lovingly discipline kids. Carrying Rawlings everywhere is not fair and encourages Rawlings stubborn behaviour. The kid knows how to act out so Courtney will pick her up. I also agree with others who feel the oldest boy needs a room of his own. He did not ask for all these siblings, yet he's being punished by being forced to room with 2 brothers who always appear out of control. Lastly, I don't know why Courtney got upset with someone criticizes her babies on harnesses. Out in public, safety is a priority and those who make snide remarks don't have experience, so ignore them. Courtney needs to learn how teachers can control 24 same-aged children, because there's no way they'd put up with some of these willful behaviours. I guarantee Wales and Bridges (God, horrible names) do not behave like that in a classroom.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I have to agree with you. Now that the children are older, I do not enjoy watching and I have quit recording. Mostly because I see the toddlers displaying poor behaviour which Courtney has inadvertently encouraged. When I heard she was an only child, it made sense that she doesn't know how to lovingly discipline kids. Carrying Rawlings everywhere is not fair and encourages Rawlings stubborn behaviour. The kid knows how to act out so Courtney will pick her up. I also agree with others who feel the oldest boy needs a room of his own. He did not ask for all these siblings, yet he's being punished by being forced to room with 2 brothers who always appear out of control. Lastly, I don't know why Courtney got upset with someone criticizes her babies on harnesses. Out in public, safety is a priority and those who make snide remarks don't have experience, so ignore them. Courtney needs to learn how teachers can control 24 same-aged children, because there's no way they'd put up with some of these willful behaviours. I guarantee Wales and Bridges (God, horrible names) do not behave like that in a classroom.

She used to be a teacher so you think she would have some experience with it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I’m an only child and don’t think that’s Courtney’s issue with discipline.  I think she doesn’t want to encourage the babies’ independence lest they no longer need her as the center of their world. 

• Love 7

They're back....

image.png.e3606a8fdc27390cb2682dea3e32daad.png

I have never heard of the tradition of feed the reindeer oats. I grew up in a city... But I guess if Santa is eating cookies and milk, the animals need their feed too.

Now living in a neighborhood with an HOA- surely want to make sure oats don't kill the grass-which is in its dormant state.

With a family of 11- I would think there would be a better use for oats...getting a flashback to "Good Times", circa 1975, when one of the women family members cooking a pot of oatmeal for breakfast.

So if there's no chimney or fireplace, for Santa he has a "magic key" to trip the lock to open any door..OMG..😂😂😂

Rivers coming out of the bedroom on Christmas morning😂. She had that WTH look on her face and her hair made it worse. She must not be a morning person.

Edited by sATL
8 hours ago, sATL said:

They're back....

image.png.e3606a8fdc27390cb2682dea3e32daad.png

I have never heard of the tradition of feed the reindeer oats. I grew up in a city... But I guess if Santa is eating cookies and milk, the animals need their feed too.

Now living in a neighborhood with an HOA- surely want to make sure oats don't kill the grass-which is in its dormant state.

With a family of 11- I would think there would be a better use for oats...getting a flashback to "Good Times", circa 1975, when one of the women family members cooking a pot of oatmeal for breakfast.

So if there's no chimney or fireplace, for Santa he has a "magic key" to trip the lock to open any door..OMG..😂😂😂

Rivers coming out of the bedroom on Christmas morning😂. She had that WTH look on her face and her hair made it worse. She must not be a morning person.

I'm in MD and we did "reindeer" food made of oats and pretty cookie sugar (some people use glitter).  I didn't see how much they used on the show, but we sprinkled just a handful in the grass outside, so there was no danger of killing grass.

• Useful 1