Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Home Sextuplets - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

If you find that a poster's posts routinely annoy you, you should place them on ignore.  Hover over their user name. A pop-up will appear on which you can select ignore.

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, readheaded said:

It looks like all the kids and maybe Courtney have the flu in the next episode.  Every public health agency in the country should be using that footage to promote flu shots.  

Why the hell didn't the kids have flu shots?  It's not total protection (I had a flu shot in October and got the flu in March), but it's some level of protection at least.  My baby Grand-Daughter (who lives with me) at least didn't get the flu because she had her shot.

On a completely separate topic...Why can't anyone on TLC pronounce especially correctly?  Everyone from the Busbys to the Waldrops pronounce it "Expecially".

Edited by Honey
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Honey said:

Why the hell didn't the kids have flu shots?  It's not total protection (I had a flu shot in October and got the flu in March), but it's some level of protection at least.  My baby Grand-Daughter (who lives with me) at least didn't get the flu because she had her shot.

I'm not sure if they did or not (I didn't mean to imply that they hadn't, just that either way, it sucks when 6 kids and parents all get the flu at the same time, which is a good advertisement for getting the shot).  I hope they did just so that it probably wasn't as bad for them.

I've got 2 kids with Crohn's who are on an immunosuppressant drug, so we all get the shot.  

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I'm not sure if they did or not (I didn't mean to imply that they hadn't, just that either way, it sucks when 6 kids and parents all get the flu at the same time, which is a good advertisement for getting the shot).  I hope they did just so that it probably wasn't as bad for them.

I've got 2 kids with Crohn's who are on an immunosuppressant drug, so we all get the shot.  

If all of them had the shot and ALL of them got the flu anyway, that would be incredible odds, but then again......sextuplets.   Lol

• Love 3
12 hours ago, readheaded said:

It looks like all the kids and maybe Courtney have the flu in the next episode.  Every public health agency in the country should be using that footage to promote flu shots.  

I had to laugh in the preview when Courtney falls to the floor in the docs office, and Eric says "are you all right?"  I would think that's a big no, since healthy people don't pass out cold and fall on the floor.  Lol

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Honey said:

If all of them had the shot and ALL of them got the flu anyway, that would be incredible odds, but then again......sextuplets.   Lol

Agreed that would be very unlikely!  But, like you said, so are sextuplets!  

3 minutes ago, Honey said:

I had to laugh in the preview when Courtney falls to the floor in the docs office, and Eric says "are you all right?"  I would think that's a big no, since healthy people don't pass out cold and fall on the floor.  Lol

She's a bit of a drama queen...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Agreed that would be very unlikely!  But, like you said, so are sextuplets!  

Seriously she is.  And I should have corrected myself since healthy people do pass out sometimes, but since all of them had the flu, I think it was a given that she was not okay. 

• Love 2

Newbie here and this show is the train wreck I can't stop watching.  I live in the town where the babies were born and remember reading about them online and on TV news.  I have to laugh every time Courtney says she wants things to be normal or perfect (or perfectly normal).  I want to grab her by the shoulders and say, "Honey, the normal ship sailed without you after your first child was born."

After she passed out in Dr. Israel's office, allusion was made regarding possible pregnancy and I literally shook my head.  I kept thinking she'd had to have a hysterectomy after the babies were born but I can't find anything online to corroborate that.  If she didn't, I cannot believe she didn't have her tubes tied or he had a vasectomy.  As much as she begs for life to be normal with nine kids, why would she risk another pregnancy?  If it were me, I'd tell my husband he would be in a celibate marriage until he had a vasectomy and a 0 sperm count.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, BamaGramma said:

Newbie here and this show is the train wreck I can't stop watching.  I live in the town where the babies were born and remember reading about them online and on TV news.  I have to laugh every time Courtney says she wants things to be normal or perfect (or perfectly normal).  I want to grab her by the shoulders and say, "Honey, the normal ship sailed without you after your first child was born."

After she passed out in Dr. Israel's office, allusion was made regarding possible pregnancy and I literally shook my head.  I kept thinking she'd had to have a hysterectomy after the babies were born but I can't find anything online to corroborate that.  If she didn't, I cannot believe she didn't have her tubes tied or he had a vasectomy.  As much as she begs for life to be normal with nine kids, why would she risk another pregnancy?  If it were me, I'd tell my husband he would be in a celibate marriage until he had a vasectomy and a 0 sperm count.

The doctor who delivered her tups said that he would only do a hysterectomy if it was medically necessary after the delivery.  I don't think it was done since it was never mentioned.  Although it might explain why she is so weepy, if she was thrown into premature menopause, maybe she needs some hormone replacement.

In the previews for the next episode, Eric is trying to think of a Valentine's Day present for Courtney,  I can't think of a better gift than a vasectomy.  I wonder if Hallmark has a card for that?  Surely they must.  🙂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Honey said:

Now that we are both seniors citizens, my husband and I use this expression from time to time, and it generally means "are you dying? or if you aren't dying, do you want me to call 911?"  I haven't seen the episode so I wasn't sure if her collapse was due to the flu or finding out that the hole in one of the babies hearts hadn't closed on its own.   I was at a wine tasting event last night so I dvr'd the show.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Honey said:

In the previews for the next episode, Eric is trying to think of a Valentine's Day present for Courtney,  I can't think of a better gift than a vasectomy.  I wonder if Hallmark has a card for that?  Surely they must.  🙂

If not, they need to design one.  It could have two V's along with hearts and surgical scissors.  🤣

Another thing that puzzled me was the babies getting into cabinets.  Childproof cabinet locks, people!  Or do they have them and once a cabinet door is opened, the six all make a beeline and breech the security?

Anyone else wonder why Courtney hasn't lost an earlobe yet with all those long, dangling earrings she wears?  I didn't wear anything but gold studs until my sons were well on up in age.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, BamaGramma said:

"Honey, the normal ship sailed without you after your first child was born."

How did their lives become abnormal after Saylor was born? I don't understand that.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, BamaGramma said:

When she alluded to the possibility that she might be pregnant, it caused me to lose any respect that I had for her or her husband.  That they would not select a VERY reliable form of birth control like tubal or vasectomy, in light of their situation, is mind boggling.  They already are in way over their heads with too many children that they alone cannot care for and to leave the door open for more? It's so disrespectful to their existing children, their family members who work to help them and themselves.  It's just sick to use that as an attempt for entertainment. Something's not right with these people. 

If they had gotten flu shots, they should have announced it. The children are six months old, aren't they?  It's possible to get the flu, even with the shot, but, not common.  It did happen to me year before last, but, only once in over 20 years of getting flu shots.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If they had gotten flu shots, they should have announced it. The children are six months old, aren't they?  It's possible to get the flu, even with the shot, but, not common.  It did happen to me year before last, but, only once in over 20 years of getting flu shots.  

I agree they should have said if they got flu shots.  I just looked on their Facebook page, and they posted all the family DID get a flu shot and still got the flu.  It happens, and in such close quarters I think it was probably inevitable.  She did say the babies share sippy cups etc.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/29/2019 at 4:49 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

The mom's perpetual pasted-on nervous hostage smile is odd. I can't imagine raising 9 kids with a man you met in middle school and the first and only person you've ever dated.

Babies are cute. Puppies are cute. Brothers are cute and good older siblings. I love the little girl who always smiles and the one baby who wouldn't stop kissing mom.

That said, I thought Rawlings was a terrible enough name, let alone for a girl, but nicknaming her "Raw Raw"? Truly atrocious. What is she, a chew toy? A Flintstones character?

THIS. Every time they call that poor, sweet little ba-bay, "Raw-Raw," I want to stick cocktail forks in my eyeballs. 

Courtney seems like a nice person, her terrible taste in children's names aside, but she makes me nervous. She's obsessive in a NICER way than Kate Gosselin or Danielle Busby, but she IS as tightly wound as they are (must be a multiples thing). The obsession with photos, for instance. LET THE KIDS HAVE THEIR SMASH CAKE, FOR FUCK'S SAKE, INSTEAD OF OBSESSING OVER THE PERFECT PHOTO. And let your parents keep one baby overnight once in awhile instead of acting like it's a fucking catastrophe. 

And stop trying to prove that you're Supermom. You have nine kids under 10 (is that how old Saylor is)? And the twins are feral. GET SOME HELP.  

Regarding flu shots, I work at a major University and they offer up free flu shots to all faculty, staff and students every October. We're always told that the shot is for upper respiratory flu, but it doesn't help with what most people refer to as "stomach flu," (vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration) which really isn't the flu at all.  

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 8

I remember her saying last year towards the end of the season when she was losing her "helper" "if I can just get them to holding their bottle I think I can do it" Eric knew she was delusional as he called it lol, rightly so. Girlfriend get you some helpers and admit your perfect world is chaos x 9.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was not worried at all about the babies with the flu, except a bit for Layke and his breathing/heart issues/possibly being immunocompromized. I don't have kids and even I know that babies and young children have higher fevers because of their underdeveloped immune systems; their bodies can't regulate temperature as well as older kids and adults. Plus, fever is a good thing; their immune systems are fighting the virus. 101-103 is not uncommon. 104-105+ is when you should worry. 

I knew Courtney was being overdramatic. 

As a note, the flu vaccine is about 30% effective. You can easily contract a strain that the vaccine doesn't cover.

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, readheaded said:

I'm not sure what she should have done that would have been less dramatic, she didn't really have any other options.  I've had the same thing happen to me a few times (orthostasis like the doctor said).  The only thing you can do is lie down.  (She didn't collapse cold, though it looked that way in the previews.)

Edited by Evangeline
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

And let your parents keep one baby overnight once in awhile instead of acting like it's a fucking catastrophe. 

OMG yes!  I couldn't believe how nuts she was about letting one baby have an overnight out.  It was HER PARENTS for heaven's sake, not some random couple who'd been hitchhiking on Highway 431.  I never lived close to parents when I had small children (still don't actually).  With my first one, I was about 4500 miles from home, in the middle of Europe, with a baby who arrived 6 weeks early and spent a week in the NICU.  With the second I was 400 miles from parents with a baby who went to 38 weeks but decided to breathe a little too early and spent a week in the NICU with aspiration pneumonia.  What I would have given for a parent to take a child for a night and let me sleep.  Courtney appears to me to equate letting the babies spend the night away from her as a sign she's a bad mother.  Au contraire, my dear.  It's a sign of a mother who is tending to a little self-care.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

And let your parents keep one baby overnight once in awhile instead of acting like it's a fucking catastrophe. 

40 minutes ago, BamaGramma said:

OMG yes!  I couldn't believe how nuts she was about letting one baby have an overnight out.... Courtney appears to me to equate letting the babies spend the night away from her as a sign she's a bad mother.  Au contraire, my dear.  It's a sign of a mother who is tending to a little self-care.

Her reaction to one baby staying with her parents for a night kind of took me by surprise, as well. Not only does it seem like she'd be desperate for any kind of break she can get, even if relatively small, but I'd also have thought she'd be grateful for each baby to get some one on one attention.  However, she seems traumatized, really, as did Adam on Outdaughtered, for a bit - which I think accounts for her strong reluctance to being away from even one baby overnight. I'm not sure Danielle has ever fully internalized the risks of having so many babies nor the ensuing responsibility, and Eric seems to just be super stoic and keeps his feelings close to the vest.  Courtney and Adam, however, appead to have gotten the gravity of the situation, and I can understand not being able to just shake that off. 

I think that's separate from Courtney's desire that everything be perfect, however. Not sure what is driving that - maybe just her personality?  In any case, she's so afraid that so many things are going to ruin their perfect moments that I'm afraid she's missing out on all the perfectly imperfect moments.

• Love 12
(edited)

Boy does she want to build that new house from the ground up. Even trying to get the contractor and the boys on her side. Surprised she didn't ask the pediatric cardiologist about it!!!

dealing with someone who has to have so much of life be "perfect" must be freaking torture.

Edited by seasons
New build vs remodel
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

When she alluded to the possibility that she might be pregnant, it caused me to lose any respect that I had for her or her husband.  That they would not select a VERY reliable form of birth control like tubal or vasectomy, in light of their situation, is mind boggling.  They already are in way over their heads with too many children that they alone cannot care for and to leave the door open for more? It's so disrespectful to their existing children, their family members who work to help them and themselves.  It's just sick to use that as an attempt for entertainment. Something's not right with these people. 

And, even if the sextuplets couldn't get the flu vaccine, the older boys and parents could have.  

4 hours ago, Evangeline said:

I'm not sure what she should have done that would have been less dramatic, she didn't really have any other options.  I've had the same thing happen to me a few times (orthostasis like the doctor said).  The only thing you can do is lie down.  (She didn't collapse cold, though it looked that way in the previews.)

I wasn't basing my observation on that situation alone.

• Love 1
On 6/18/2019 at 7:34 PM, Honey said:

On a completely separate topic...Why can't anyone on TLC pronounce especially correctly?  Everyone from the Busbys to the Waldrops pronounce it "Expecially".

The flu shot doesn’t prevent every strain.  The boy’s school was even shut down.

My grandbaby got the shot AND the flu.  It’s still important to get it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Evangeline said:

I agree.  She had thrown up just a few minutes prior.  

I am sure she was kidding about being pregnant and that she probably had her tubes tied when the sextuplets were born via c-section.

I just love Eric.  He is so kind and thoughtful.

2 hours ago, readheaded said:

And, even if the sextuplets couldn't get the flu vaccine, the older boys and parents could have.  

They stated on their FB page, that they did get the flu shot.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I was not worried at all about the babies with the flu, except a bit for Layke and his breathing/heart issues/possibly being immunocompromized. I don't have kids and even I know that babies and young children have higher fevers because of their underdeveloped immune systems; their bodies can't regulate temperature as well as older kids and adults. Plus, fever is a good thing; their immune systems are fighting the virus. 101-103 is not uncommon. 104-105+ is when you should worry. 

As a note, the flu vaccine is about 30% effective. You can easily contract a strain that the vaccine doesn't cover.

Like the poster above, in 20 years of having the shot I only contracted the flu once, and it was this year.  103 fever, chills, then sweats when the fever went down, then chills again when it went back up.  Body aches so bad that even your hair hurts.  I had to be practically carried when I had to use the bathroom.  All that and my boss was like "We really need you, if you can make it in"  Areyoufuckingkiddingme?  Then 2 weeks after that, I got slammed with pneumonia.  I lost 15 pounds that I am still trying to gain back.  Before all that I hadn't had so much as a cold in 10 years.  It was a horrible March/April. 

I'm glad they all came through it okay.  It's a good thing that Courtney didn't get it.  There's no way she could have cared for all those kids.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Evangeline said:

The body is quite a remarkable thing.  Fainting is the body's way of getting blood to the brain quickly.  Lying down would have the same effect, but if you aren't sensible enough to lie down, your body does it for you.  🙂

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I agree.  She had thrown up just a few minutes prior.  

I am sure she was kidding about being pregnant and that she probably had her tubes tied when the sextuplets were born via c-section.

I just love Eric.  He is so kind and thoughtful.

They stated on their FB page, that they did get the flu shot.

I’m glad to hear that they’d had the vaccine.  Hopefully that helped it not be as bad as it could have been.  

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Honey said:

The body is quite a remarkable thing.  Fainting is the body's way of getting blood to the brain quickly.  Lying down would have the same effect, but if you aren't sensible enough to lie down, your body does it for you.  🙂

I've never actually understood what fainting was! But that makes total sense.  I lose my vision (everything becomes black), but I remain conscious, so sitting/lying down has always been a choice (albeit a necessary one).  This has happened to me at a couple of professional networking events (stress is a trigger, along with dehydration, which makes sense in Courtney's case too), so in those instances I had to quickly find my way to a bathroom before I lost my vision completely (on a related note, this is why more women die from choking than men - men choke in public; women go to the bathroom and choke in private).  Courtney's choice to lie down in front of a doctor seemed way more logical to me than my instinct to go potentially lose consciousness in a locked bathroom stall haha. Courtney also looked literally green in that scene, so I know she wasn't faking or exaggerating! 

Edited by Evangeline
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I can’t help it if it’s crazy I really enjoy this show! I like the positive vibe and just, I don’t know, it’s just easy for me to watch. I also like the people. The family actually seems to love and like each other and that’s refreshing. 

I understand Courtney struggling to let a baby spend the night away. While it may seem silly I get it. I struggled with infertility for 10 years and once I had my kiddos it was a long while before I was interested in having them sleep over at my parents. I also totally understand Courtney’s penchant for crying. I’m a crier - happy or sad. I’m also a social crier so if I watch a championship game I cry with the winners and the losers. I cry along with Courtney too. It’s just how I’m made so I don’t begrudge an exhausted, obviously openly emotionally mama of nine that. 

I still find the names eye-roll worthy but in the scheme of things that’s not too bad. The older boys seem to have good hearts and that is just a joy to see after having worked with a varying lot of kids and knowing kindness or generosity is not always encouraged by some parents. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ramble said:

also totally understand Courtney’s penchant for crying. I’m a crier - happy or sad. I’m also a social crier so if I watch a championship game I cry with the winners and the losers. I cry along with Courtney too. It’s just how I’m made so I don’t begrudge an exhausted, obviously openly emotionally mama of nine that. 

HAHA!  Stealing this - love it!  (And me, too) (-:

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, ShortyMac said:

I think Courtney's "over reaction" was the fact that a young lady, I think maybe 21 or 22" in her area died from the flu last year. She had been a nursing student and was in the hospital if I remember correctly around 6 months or more. Not even sure she knew the girl personally but it was on all the local news stations. I'm sure she was worried anyway but with people, young & old, dying it makes things much more personal. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 6:53 PM, seasons said:

Boy does she want to build that new house from the ground up. Even trying to get the contractor and the boys on her side. Surprised she didn't ask the pediatric cardiologist about it!!!

dealing with someone who has to have so much of life be "perfect" must be freaking torture.

I don't get why they can't build a new addition to their house, that is accessed from the rest of the current house,  from the ground up. The house looks shaped like a ranch with many parts/sections to it anyway.

with the exception of the connecting wall, hall, etc b/w the new and the old, most of the construction will take place out of the way and they can continue to live there during the build out.

And why don't they have a current bathtub to hold two 1yr olds? Even a standard tub can hold two babies now...Hell, it might hold 3.. However they bathed the twins when they were the age of the babies - do the same in/out/rotation procedure now-- times 3.

Edited by sATL

Any thoughts about the builder they interviewed ? 

Courtney  - " How will we live here if the roof is off?"

Builder - " Well, you will only get wet when it rains..."

he did go on to say they will put up plastic sheeting.. but still... #NotFunny

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, sATL said:

Any thoughts about the builder they interviewed ? 

Courtney  - " How will we live here if the roof is off?"

Builder - " Well, you will only get wet when it rains..."

he did go on to say they will put up plastic sheeting.. but still... #NotFunny

I think they knew him personally & he was playing off Courtney's worried personality, he was just teasing her. 

Edited by Whyyouneedaname
  • Love 5
(edited)

Babies!  Tons of crying babies!  Whew, this was not a pleasant viewing experience.  I’m sure my next-door neighbors think I run a daycare center, considering all of the TLC shows I watch that feature multiple constantly wailing babies.  This show is kind of meh for me, but I do like the stoic dad and the grandpa.  He has a very dry, southern sense of humor that resonates with me.  I like how he interacts with the children.  As for Courtney . . . chill, mama.  She makes me nervous just listening to her fretting constantly.  

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, BamaGramma said:

I still wonder how on earth you have a snake in a closed plastic tub in an upstairs room?  

I always though snakes couldn't climb, but I just googled "Can snakes climb," and apparently some snakes can, mostly if the wall has something to grab a hold of.  So that would explain how it got to the second floor.  It doesn't explain how it got in the plastic tub, though.  It would have to crawl up the smooth side of the tub.  Unless it fell in there from a higher level. 

Or maybe production just put it in there for a good story line. 😜

(edited)

Snakes are great climbers.    They climb trees, and other objects easily.    They also have been known to crawl through heating ducts, and move through all kinds of smaller spaces.    

It's not like they live in town either.   They live in the country, and snakes, plus everything else are all over. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
(edited)

I would not only have to be sedated, had I opened a tote and found that, but I would instantly be putting the house up for sale. "Sorry, honey. Fuck the land. If snakes are getting into closed totes, I'm not living here."

While I find Courtney to be a nice person, her constant freak outs and worries are making my eyes roll so far back into my head, I can read my shirt labels.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I always though snakes couldn't climb, but I just googled "Can snakes climb," and apparently some snakes can, mostly if the wall has something to grab a hold of.  So that would explain how it got to the second floor.  It doesn't explain how it got in the plastic tub, though.  It would have to crawl up the smooth side of the tub.  Unless it fell in there from a higher level. 

Or maybe production just put it in there for a good story line. 😜

6 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I just figured it got in there when the tote was opened, the boys threw the toys in not noticing. I personally have never had a snake in my house but I can see how that happened.  

Yes, snakes can climb.   I learned that early on from my dad who warned me to expect snakes in trees or swimming through flood waters after heavy rains.  There are always snake warnings after hurricanes, because their habitats are often damaged.  It was also enforced by Kaa (voiced by Sterling Holloway) in Disney's "Jungle Book."

I am also of the opinion that they unknowingly brought the snake inside in the bin.   My theory is that snake was in brumation (this was in Feb, I think) and was either disturbed by the boys playing or was brought out of brumation because of a warm day (this is the south so there can be warm days in Feb).  Snake discovered the warm plastic bin and climbed in.  Boys tossed their stuff in and shut the lid.  Snakes can go 4-6 months without eating so snake probably went to sleep and was reasonably content until Courtney shrieked at it.  Snake then wished it had hands and ears so it could cover its ears with its hands and shut out her frightful freak-out.  That poor frightened snake is probably happily enjoying life miles away from the Waldrops' house and lands.   In addition to screaming, Courtney should have slammed the lid back on the bin immediately.  

If Eric is going to do pictures, it would be a lot easier for him to do girls together and boys together so he only has to get 3 babies posed properly or even pair them off by twos.  I guess someone had to go to Party City to buy the wings and halos.  It was a cute idea for a Valentine week photo shoot.

I liked Courtney's excitement at the Valentine dinner when one of the babies seemed to like lemons.  That was so funny to me.   I have only seen about 75 minutes of "Outdaughtered" but I was impressed when they went somewhere and managed to have one adult per baby.  I think Courtney and Eric could use that approach especially at a restaurant.    I guess because I am older and don't really like crowds, we do our Valentine dinner the weekend before or after.

Those older boys are going to enjoy watching the remodel. 

I have a new expression for when I am hungry  --"I am starving my head off"---thanks to one of the boys.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Yes, snakes can climb.   I learned that early on from my dad who warned me to expect snakes in trees or swimming through flood waters after heavy rains.  There are always snake warnings after hurricanes, because their habitats are often damaged.  It was also enforced by Kaa (voiced by Sterling Holloway) in Disney's "Jungle Book."

I am also of the opinion that they unknowingly brought the snake inside in the bin.   My theory is that snake was in brumation (this was in Feb, I think) and was either disturbed by the boys playing or was brought out of brumation because of a warm day (this is the south so there can be warm days in Feb).  Snake discovered the warm plastic bin and climbed in.  Boys tossed their stuff in and shut the lid.  Snakes can go 4-6 months without eating so snake probably went to sleep and was reasonably content until Courtney shrieked at it.  Snake then wished it had hands and ears so it could cover its ears with its hands and shut out her frightful freak-out.  That poor frightened snake is probably happily enjoying life miles away from the Waldrops' house and lands.   In addition to screaming, Courtney should have slammed the lid back on the bin immediately.  

If Eric is going to do pictures, it would be a lot easier for him to do girls together and boys together so he only has to get 3 babies posed properly or even pair them off by twos.  I guess someone had to go to Party City to buy the wings and halos.  It was a cute idea for a Valentine week photo shoot.

I liked Courtney's excitement at the Valentine dinner when one of the babies seemed to like lemons.  That was so funny to me.   I have only seen about 75 minutes of "Outdaughtered" but I was impressed when they went somewhere and managed to have one adult per baby.  I think Courtney and Eric could use that approach especially at a restaurant.    I guess because I am older and don't really like crowds, we do our Valentine dinner the weekend before or after.

Those older boys are going to enjoy watching the remodel. 

I have a new expression for when I am hungry  --"I am starving my head off"---thanks to one of the boys.  

Exactly, I'm from the south & my son killed a copperhead sunning on his cement drive on Christmas Eve year before last. I think the average is around 50 but we have many days that are high 60 & low 70's. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

The grand father was there with the snake thing, and everything was under control. Why did Courtney have to call her husband and demand that he come home immediately? Was he at work?

That was the impression I got - Eric was at work.  I totally get the freak out though.  I remember seeing a snake slither under the garage door before it closed completely when I was leaving.  Upon my return I parked in the drive and went in with the kids via the front door.  When my husband came home I met him at the front door with a baseball bat and said, "Kill it!"  He never found a snake (I'd left the garage door up a few inches) but every time I opened the den door to the garage, I looked around first. <shudder>

• Love 1
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

The grand father was there with the snake thing, and everything was under control. Why did Courtney have to call her husband and demand that he come home immediately? Was he at work?

I know she over reacts to a lot of stuff but her dad had already misidentified it as a highly poisonous snake, I'm sure he didn't want the responsibility of getting rid of it & risking being bitten. I think in this instance she made the right choice. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I hate that people kill wildlife, merely for existing. 

I go back and forth on this family. Courtney can work a person's last nerve, but my heart really went out to her. She's cooped up in a house with 6 babies nearly all day every day and she's so desperate to get out that she's ignoring reality to try to accomplish it. I don't know anyone who wouldn't be climbing the walls to try to obtain some level of "normalcy," no matter how ill-conceived. What she has to figure out is that "normal" can and should be redefined, and to cut herself some slack.

I was on her side with selling their property. I think Eric was being too selfish on that score. His dreams and reality need a little redefining as well. Everything changes when you decide to carry a sextuplet pregnancy to term. Now they've added livestock care to their daily responsibilities when there already weren't enough hours in the day. Waxing poetic about how tired your wife is one minute and then adding something that will take away a significant amount of time you had to pitch in with parenting doesn't fly for me. Sure, the older 3 can help. But that doesn't help the parent still trapped with babies. 

Edited by Squirrely
  • Love 4
(edited)

The reason she called her husband to dispatch the snake is some people don't kill things.      I'm guessing the grand father isn't someone who dispatches snakes, or is terrified of them too.    Fortunately, in the South people are usually nice, and if I stood out front hysterical, someone would find out what's wrong, and help me.   

If they have beef cattle, it's not that much work, and can be very profitable.  On the size of herd they would have, probably they buy calves, and raise them for beef.     They just need to chain the gates shut at any possible access that the kids could get to.     Cows may be good lawnmowers, but they can't be around the little kids.     I'm not sure they could get enough money out of their current place to get another house in town, that is big enough for the family.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The reason she called her husband to dispatch the snake is some people don't kill things.      I'm guessing the grand father isn't someone who dispatches snakes, or is terrified of them too.    Fortunately, in the South people are usually nice, and if I stood out front hysterical, someone would find out what's wrong, and help me.   

If they have beef cattle, it's not that much work, and can be very profitable.  They just need to chain the gates shut at any possible access that the kids could get to.     Cows may be good lawnmowers, but they can't be around the little kids.     I'm not sure they could get enough money out of their current place to get another house in town, that is big enough for the family.  

hmmm. the pioneer woman make it sound like raising cattle to as a living is hard work. I think they are 4th generation cattle farmers. they are up at 4 am saddling horses, rounding the cattle up to the feed area,  then its the feed, then separating the calves, giving shots or other medicine,  weighing them for sale, loading them for sale, fixing all kinds of barns/fences, creating bales of hay, preparing the grass area (they rotate which spot the cattle eats from), general grounds keeping work, ...

{and that list is from what I've seen - it's no telling what I missed or what was not filmed...}

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3