Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Wasn't that the plot to Die Hard 3? Bruce Willis running around NY with Samuel L Jackson, solving riddles/puzzles???

Hawaii 5-0 just did the plot from Jason Statham's Killer Elite focusing one the target SAS SEALs instead of the mercenary killer elites.

Well, they've finally jumped the shark. The infinitely powerful, all knowing, all seeing, ultimate bad guy has kidnapped the entire NCIS crew and has Pride dancing on a string. Apparently, the new Moriarty has snipers every few hundred feet, eyes everywhere, and an army of minions prepared to die at his whim. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

• Love 2

A bit ago I noticed the red light on my DVR wasn't on to indicate that it was recording this episode and the holiday episode Hollywood Game Night that's airing at the same time. I didn't do anything to the DVR to cancel tonight's recordings but when I went to look each show said it wasn't being recorded by user request. I did turn it onto this episode for a moment and saw Pride walking with a blonde woman in the cemetery who he handcuffed to a fence outside a little house/storage shed thing. I almost thought it was a rerun then I remembered that the episode I was thinking of with cemetery scenes was from last season.

From the description @Guairdean gave it sounds like this episode is pretty laughable. I'll probably catch it online in the next few days. It's sad what this show had devolved into which I somewhat attribute to the BTS environment Brad Kern and his enablers let go on for way to long.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:27 PM, Guairdean said:

Well, they've finally jumped the shark. The infinitely powerful, all knowing, all seeing, ultimate bad guy has kidnapped the entire NCIS crew and has Pride dancing on a string. Apparently, the new Moriarty has snipers every few hundred feet, eyes everywhere, and an army of minions prepared to die at his whim. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Did we even get a glimpse of the new Moriarty? I got somewhat confused there right at the end and MrTrey didn't do any better. Why was Amelia shooting at Pride? It wasn't his fault. 

I come to this board and rely on posters here to straighten things out for me:)

As to shark jumping, I think this show has been swimming with the shark for some time now.

Cassius was a crappy father but he died to save his son so I guess that redeems him quite a bit. Jimmy's gonna be pissed. Now that blonde h of d got to take Cassius maybe she'll be satisfied and will leave Pride alone now.

Despite all the ridiculousness of the plot, I did enjoy the episode and all the action.

Edited by Trey

I came here looking for answers on what went on at the end. I'm still confused. Was the asset somehow running things? It seemed too far fetched to me. Did we just not find out who the bad guy was?

That's what I was wondering.  Who was giving Pride the instructions?  It wasn't the guy holding the gun on Amelia's family, but there wasn't anyone in the 'control room' when Pride and his dad went in.  Did Amelia plan the whole thing (including being willing to sacrifice her brother-in-law) just to escape and kill Pride?  Or is there a baddie that was controlling everything from off-site and he'll surface again later (season finale to shoot/stab/blow up Pride)?

• Love 3
15 hours ago, DrScottie said:

I thought he said Rita, his girlfriend and Scott Bakula's wife IR

Thanks! He was in a hurry and with the "accent", it was hard to hear exactly what he said. Of course, even if I had heard "Rita", then I would have still been here asking "Who's Rita?"!

• Love 1

I was so hoping that they would cut to scenes of the bad guys making WTF faces every time they showed Pride talking to the blonde figment of his imagination, but I guess the entire conversations were going on inside his head? On the other hand, assassin lady heard him mumbling to himself that one time so it seemed totally inconsistent if he was speaking out loud or not. I just thought they could have had the funniest episode ever if they could have shown the bad guys scrambling around trying to make heads or tails of Pride’s half of those loony conversations.

• Love 2
On 12/12/2018 at 8:56 PM, DrScottie said:

I thought he said Rita, his girlfriend and Scott Bakula's wife IRL.

I didn’t know Rita was his wife IRL. I sincerely hope they have more chemistry in real life than they do on this show. 

The angel of death has annoyed me since her first appearance.  I don’t need woo-woo in my NCIS show.  Got plenty of paranormal shows to watch and books to read. 

• Love 2

Finally got around to watching this one.  Ugh.

First of all, I wish they would get rid of that "Angel of Death" or whatever she is supposed to be.  If I wanted to see this sort of paranormal stuff, I'd tune into some of the various ghost shows permeating cable TV at the present time.  Please let this episode be her last appearance.  <fingers crossed>

And yeah, I'm tired of seeing Pride get his butt kicked all the time.  Just as the last couple of seasons I am tired of seeing Pride not following proper procedure and constantly being investigated all the time too.  Can't we just have a regular NCIS show where they try to solve regular-type cases most of the time?

I am also confused about the ending.  Who the heck was in charge of all that mayhem?  Was it Evil Russian Assassin Lady?  Or Angel of Death Lady?  Or was this all just a dream? (I hope, I hope, I HOPE!)

Easily one of my least favorite episodes of this show.

• Love 3

I also finally got around to watching this.  The scene the show posted on Facebook, of Cassius dying, actually was the FINAL SCENE.  Probably the ONLY scene worth watching, as watching Pride running in circles was anti climactic. And so now, Cassius is FINALLY gone, having redeemed himself to some degree.

And Amelia and Angel of Death are HOPEFULLY gone for good

So, was Amelia the baddie all along? Or was it the MIA Thompson?

• Love 1