Type keyword(s) to search

Abby Huntsman: The New Kid

Silver Raven
  • Start Topic

I have to say, unlike Meghan, Abby at least went to school to study her chosen field/did internships that were in TV news/journalism. I don't believe for a moment that her career wasn't propelled at least in SOME part by her last name, but it does at least seem like she cared to work for the career she wanted, as opposed to Meghan, who seemed to wake up one morning saying, "I think I'll be a political analyst today", Elle Woods style (and that's actually an insult to Elle--she worked DAMN hard to be a lawyer, damn it!). 

That said, she is Captain Obvious on a lot of things, and when she gets REALLY mad, like she did a few months ago at Sunny about Russian policy or whatever it was? She is so scary that it seems like her jaw will become unhinged and start swallowing people whole. Monday was another example of that, and in that case Meghan wasn't there, which makes me wonder if she's going to try to become Diet RBM if she winds up leaving for good.

My say something nice: She's gorgeous as hell (her face reminds me of Alyssa Milano's), and I saw her kids book at Target and thought it was very sweet (speaking of legacy admissions...yeah, that book would probably not exist otherwise, just saying). 

Edited by UYI
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Abby probably stayed quiet during the legacy convo because her alma mater UPenn has a building and a program named after her grandfather. She's wiser than some of her cohosts.

Her Daddy is a UPenn grad too.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, UYI said:

I have to say, unlike Meghan, Abby at least went to school to study her chosen field/did internships that were in TV news/journalism. I don't believe for a moment that her career wasn't propelled at least in SOME part by her last name, but it does at least seem like she cared to work for the career she wanted, as opposed to Meghan, who seemed to wake up one morning saying, "I think I'll be a political analyst today", Elle Woods style (and that's actually an insult to Elle--she worked DAMN hard to be a lawyer, damn it!). 

That said, she is Captain Obvious on a lot of things, and when she gets REALLY mad, like she did a few months ago at Sunny about Russian policy or whatever it was? She is so scary that it seems like her jaw will become unhinged and start swallowing people whole. Monday was another example of that, and in that case Meghan wasn't there, which makes me wonder if she's going to try to become Diet RBM if she winds up leaving for good.

My say something nice: She's gorgeous as hell (her face reminds me of Alyssa Milano's), and I saw her kids book at Target and thought it was very sweet (speaking of legacy admissions...yeah, that book would probably not exist otherwise, just saying). 

Abby is gorgeous. I wonder if she has Mediterranean in her. Abby seems happy to be there, unlike, Megan who comes out angry every day.

• Love 8
On 3/14/2019 at 7:27 PM, Apprentice79 said:

unlike, Megan who comes out angry every day.

Speaking of that, did anyone ever notice that when the camera pans to Meghan for her take on a topic, her brows are so furrowed, you could plant corn.  I notice this especially on the first topic of the show.

I was wondering if Abby would grow on me, but if she left tomorrow I wouldn't miss her.  As others have said, she adds nothing to the conversation.  She's pleasant enough (most of the time) and a nice contrast to Meghan, personality-wise, but I wouldn't cry if she found other employment (and took her bestie with her).

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 21
On 3/13/2019 at 7:29 PM, falltime said:

Prior to joining MSNBC, Huntsman was a host/producer for HuffPost Live, the Huffington Post's streaming network. She had also been a frequent guest on CNN.

Everything you wrote on Page 1, Falltime, was interesting/enlightening.  If accurate, it makes me wonder if marriage and pregnancies have sucked out too many of her brain cells.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Everything you wrote on Page 1, Falltime, was interesting/enlightening.  If accurate, it makes me wonder if marriage and pregnancies have sucked out too many of her brain cells.

No, it is her lips.

• LOL 9
12 hours ago, bannana said:

I don't like Abby's shiny hair, I don't like her scary big red lips, and I don't like pretty much anything she says, cause she is, well, not very bright.

But I like her little dance when she walks out. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 4/2/2019 at 7:50 PM, suomi said:

It's been bugging me forever, who Ahby reminds me of - I figured it out. 

Don't do Sara dirty like that! 😉

(I'm a HUGE Sara fan, I love her music so much.)

Seriously, though, Alyssa Milano is the first person who Abby reminded me of. It's not a perfect comparison, but their eyes and lips are similar to me. 

• Love 2

I like Abby...she's that sweet girl frolm a sheltered family out on her own for the first time.

I lliked that the SNL skit had her looking to Whoopi fo4 approval..and her need of reassurance.  Whoopi seems almost motherly to Abby more so than to Meghan.

In fact, I get a sense the other women like her..I dont.sense the unease with her that I see with Meghan

• Love 9

WOWSA Alexis! You've been busy!

Sigh - I normally think I am a pretty good judge of character. But Abby has flown under my radar. I've ignored her.

I officially cannot stand her. 

Edited by maggiemae
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Abby must be due soon she publicly announced the pregnancy in January. Aren't twins born earlier than one child pregnancies?

So I watched the video where she announce she was pregnant and she mentioned that her husband fainted.

Wait a minute, do the have a light under the table? No wonder their hands always look purplish. Look at Abby's hand @  0:50

• Love 2
(edited)

My father was in the Coast Guard (guarding Long Beach CA) in WWII...and my nephew was in the Navy for 12 years in the 80s.  My sisters and I wrote to several boy friends* (not boyfriends) who were in the service in the Vietnam Era.  Does that make MY family a "military family" like Abby's?  She has two brothers in the Navy.

We wrote chatty letters about what was going on--because it was fun for us.  We learned later it meant A LOT to those guys.  We should have written more!

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 8
(edited)

My grandfather was in the RAF in WWI, and father and several uncles were in the Navy and the Marines in WWII and my friends & I at university wrote letters to soldiers in Vietnam too. We lost touch due to vagaries of the mail and the end of the conflict, but recently I checked and the ones I wrote to all made it home from Vietnam. But I never considered myself part of a military family. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

This looks interesting...perhaps some "read between the lines." "Kaye Kaye" always looked/looks beautiful...perfectly groomed and in the latest expensive fashions. Appearance was important, so her seven children always looked perfect and beautiful too...but what's behind the three days of "burnt toast," etc.?

And I assume this is with paid helpers.

A little overwhelmed?

• Love 7
On 5/13/2019 at 8:45 AM, HaaCHOO said:

This looks interesting...perhaps some "read between the lines." "Kaye Kaye" always looked/looks beautiful...perfectly groomed and in the latest expensive fashions. Appearance was important, so her seven children always looked perfect and beautiful too...but what's behind the three days of "burnt toast," etc.?

And I assume this is with paid helpers.

A little overwhelmed?

It's the predecessor to the Instagram mom.  Make sure your kids are clean and pretty and wearing matching outfits, to show the world how perfect you are. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

It's the predecessor to the Instagram mom.  Make sure your kids are clean and pretty and wearing matching outfits, to show the world how perfect you are. 

Reminds me of the Turpin family and their 13 kids with the girls in identical dresses and the boys in identical boys' clothes.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, deirdra said:
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Reminds me of the Turpin family and their 13 kids with the girls in identical dresses and the boys in identical boys' clothes.

YIKES!!!    And we've learned only a teensy bit of what went on behind THEIR depraved/closed doors!!!

• Love 1
On 5/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I was watching reruns of That Girl...i swear abby could.play that lead character in real life..and probably already does.

Except that Marlo Thomas refused to have her character get married and certainly wouldn't have been gaga about having 3 kids in 18 months.

• Love 4

I don’t watch this show regularly but do sometimes catch a clip somewhere. It appears that Abby cannot get a complete sentence out before she’s interrupted. I can’t remember the last time I heard her speak while the others listened and then commented. Has she just become a non-entity on the show?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Has she just become a non-entity on the show?

Yeah, she hasn't made a peep for a couple weeks now.  Wait, what?  What do you mean she's gone?  Really?  😉

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

certainly wouldn't have been gaga about having 3 kids in 18 months.

In this case I think Abby is doing the "bloom where you are planted."  I don't think she expected to have even a second kid this quickly.  Hopefully, she'll see the Joy of Motherhood and decide to stay home for ten years and enjoy it.

• Love 5
On 5/19/2019 at 1:43 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I was watching reruns of That Girl...i swear abby could.play that lead character in real life..and probably already does.

maybe someone should edit clips of Abby set to the theme song. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Please review the political rules for Primetimer - discussion of politicians, political entities and parties is only allowed if it's mentioned on the show itself - social media posts by hosts and participants are not Show Content, so they are not allowed to be discussed or posted here if they mention these political entities.