Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/3/2018

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

I don't like the new one.  She's quiet most of the time and when she does talk, she seems way too uptight.  

I'm not watching right now but I looked on twitter and I'm seeing this same opinion. I'll look on this board and other social media forums to see if it's worth watching. So far it sounds like it isn't.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 5

I only tuned in to see if Meghan was there. She's not.  Joy looks like she doesn't want to be there. Sunny got an overdose of hair extensions.

No desire at all to watch this season with this Abby person who said she is basically "Meghan's sister". UGH.

Then they showed a clip of Meghan talking about her father saying about how character matters or something like that. I'm not going to bash Meghan today but we have seen more times than not about her own character. Will leave it at that.

This season isn't for me.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 14

She hasn't added much. She was getting along fine with the ladies until she started in on Kaepernick et al being disrespectful and Whoopi was having none of it. 

I have to admit to tearing up at the Meghan/John clips. 

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

I think I will give her a chance to fit in. She is probably dealing with some first day jitters.  So far, she is not as annoying as Meghan. However, I worry about the 2 of them together. 

I didn’t mind this episode.  No screeching over each other.  Actually, I think four works better than five.  Yes, we will see how new girl & MM interact.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, longobongo said:

When talking about the Nike "controversy" Abby said ...."inalienating your brand..." I guess I'm tired of people on national TV gigs misusing the language and making up words. It just shows people are hired more for their looks, or connections than for their brains.  Since I'm on my soapbox---I'm sick of people saying "I'm from a military family so...."  NOT ALL people in the military think alike!  Sorry for the rant. I missed the Sotomayor interview due to the Chicago mayor's announcement not to run for reelection so I'm not a happy camper!

The Sotomayor interview wasn’t that interesting.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

If she is anything like Meghan Abby will not change her opinion about football players kneeling.  No matter  how many times the reason has been said some people just refuse to believe it.

You are probably right. I just wanted to see her response. It would be nice to see the real message explained when Abby or Meghan try to rewrite the narrative. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

This issue has been going on for years, why does it take Whoopi or Sunny to explain it to this ignoramus?  Couldn't she have picked up her phone and read other opinions about this subject?

To have one right-wing pundette hired because of her political familial connections is bad enough, but two!?

Absolutely. I'm sure she's willfully ignorant about the message but the real message should be told over and over. Just like when Meghan and now Abby  bring the military into it, anytime the protest is brought up.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There’s a difference between not understanding, and not agreeing. Some seem to use the words interchangeably.

Or they say they "don't believe in it".    Don't believe in what?  Protesting in general?   Protesting police violence against unarmed black men?  Because that is what the kneeling is about.  But to people like Meghan they have completely distorted the message and they will never stop pushing that narrative.

• Love 18

The first half was Breaking News (McCain's replacement) but I caught a bit of the 'take a knee' discussion.  I don't like Abby so far.  Her contribution to this issue was the party line regurgitated.  Yawn.  It is so easy to understand this is about blacks being killed by law enforcement.  Why is that so difficult?  

Whoopie's hair looks much better and Sunny's worse; she is too old for the ingenue look.  Joy's hair was downright bad, I wonder what is up with that. 

Go Nike! 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, nokat said:

When the new host said both that she's besties with Meghan, and her father is in tight with Putin, I wanted to hate her.

I loved Whoopi's blouse, and I like her hair pulled back.

What?!  I missed the first half.  She said that?  What did she mean? 

To the military, the flag and anthem are representative of them. As such they don’t like it when some people don’t stand for the anthem. Karpernick and others have every right to protest by kneeling for the anthem just like Abby and others have every right to be offended by their actions. That’s what America is all about.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Wings said:

What?!  I missed the first half.  She said that?  What did she mean?

She said her dad is a diplomat in Moscow. I added my own biases when I wrote "tight with Putin."

Edited by nokat
  • Love 6

I meant to start the thread for this week but got distracted by Tropical Storm/Hurricane Gordon forming in the Gulf. 

Haven't watched today's episode and not sure I want to. Even if I don't end up watching for awhile I don't mind being the weekly thread starter.

• Love 10

It will be interesting to see how Meghan behaves with Abby there.  Abby has two brothers in white naval uniforms and two adopted little sisters, and doesn't need to read blue cards to get her point across.  I wonder if Sunny was acting more assertive and less coy and cutesy than usual because Abby was so confident and mature.  I didn't hear Abby say that her father was tight with Putin, just that he was US Ambassador to Russia and that he was not always on the same page as Trump.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I meant to start the thread for this week but got distracted by Tropical Storm/Hurricane Gordon forming in the Gulf. 

Haven't watched today's episode and not sure I want to. Even if I don't end up watching for awhile I don't mind being the weekly thread starter.

Off topic, but stay safe!

9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

It will be interesting to see how Meghan behaves with Abby there.  Abby has two brothers in white naval uniforms and two adopted little sisters, and doesn't need to read blue cards to get her point across.  I wonder if Sunny was acting more assertive and less coy and cutesy than usual because Abby was so confident and mature.  I didn't hear Abby say that her father was tight with Putin, just that he was US Ambassador to Russia.

Abby is well spoken so far. I'm not through the entire episode. I clarified my comment about her Dad and Russia. I don't think having brothers in the military qualifies you to talk about it.

• Love 4

I haven’t watched in a long time, saw it today. Two sentences I could have done without, “I’m in the hot seat.”, and , “You are the hot seat.”. Otherwise it wasn’t too bad. I think 4 is a good number, but what do I know.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I predict Abby won't last long.  She doesn't have that spark or whatever.  Joy looked angry at the beginning, I think she is NOT happy.  They all put Abby down with the Kaepernick  discussion, rightly so.

I think we are in very troubled times right now, worse than anything I have seen in my 60+ years.  I believe that Joy, Whoopi and Sunny know it too.  They've gotten past just laughing at trump now - they are worried.  They don't want to hear trump apologists anymore.  This isn't like when Bush was president, or any other Republican, where we could talk, discuss, but knew that our President loved the country, in spite of whatever decisions they made that we didn't agree with.  No more.

Whoopi looked better than I have ever seen her.  I agree that Sunny's hair is too long.  Joy looked depressed.

There is the curse, may you live in interesting times. I think that is happening.60+ years so you've seen a lot.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

It will be interesting to see how Meghan behaves with Abby there.  Abby has two brothers in white naval uniforms and two adopted little sisters, 

It does seem like they have a lot of the same experiences - which isn't the point of the View. I am interested in what their views on Colin would be if they had adopted African-American brothers (instead of Asian sisters). 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, longobongo said:

NOT ALL people in the military think alike! 

2 hours ago, PeterBrady said:

To the military, the flag and anthem are representative of them. As such they don’t like it when some people don’t stand for the anthem.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

I think we are in very troubled times right now, worse than anything I have seen in my 60+ years.  I believe that Joy, Whoopi and Sunny know it too.  They've gotten past just laughing at trump now - they are worried.  They don't want to hear trump apologists anymore.  This isn't like when Bush was president, or any other Republican, where we could talk, discuss, but knew that our President loved the country, in spite of whatever decisions they made that we didn't agree with.  No more.  

This was well said.  I hope Sunny, Whoopi and Joy can fight the good fight on that panel.  ----  I didn't mind Abby today, although I was in and out of the room and didn't catch everything she might have said.  She seems well-spoken and not given to histrionics, so there's that.  It will definitely be interesting to see how the dynamics change when Meggie returns.  ----  And on a completely shallow note, Abby didn't assault my eyes like MM does.  No radioactive yellow hair; no clown clothes, no ginormous bewb shelf.  I'm grateful for the little things in life. . . . . . . . . .

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Sonny tweeted that she wore Nike shoes intentionally this morning.

I wondered if she was wearing Nikes, thanks.

On the Nike discussion, they kind of danced around the topic, saying that Nike will lose customers and mentioning that people are burning their Nikes.  They missed making the point that people are pretty stupid to be burning Nike shoes and apparel and if they really just want to protest Nike, the twitterverse encouraged people to donate their Nike gear to homeless shelters.  

Also, Abby seemed to think that Nike didn't realize how this would impact their brand.  Think again, miss Abby, it is all about the brand.  Middle aged and old white people are burning their Nikes.  Doesn't Abby understand who Nike's market is?  Yes, they are taking a stand, but this is all about marketing to their most lucrative market, and that is surely not old white people.

Abby will not be able to hold her own, I think.  And it makes no sense to have Meghan's bestie at the table.

Whoopi said she didn't make it to the McCain funeral, in Washington DC, because her plane had mechanical problems.  First of all, she has a plane?!  Secondly, what was wrong with the train or her bus?

I was disappointed at the discussion about Aretha's funeral. I would much rather have heard behind the scenes stories considering some of the amazing people who were there.  

• Love 11

I'd prefer cold abby over snowflake meghan.

With that said, this is why I dread sara Haines leaving because now we will have 5 panelists that are unable to see both sides of discussions.  People were dismissive of Sara, but she was thoughtful funny and could argue both sides with an open mind.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I'd prefer cold abby over snowflake meghan.

With that said, this is why I dread sara Haines leaving because now we will have 5 panelists that are unable to see both sides of discussions.  People were dismissive of Sara, but she was thoughtful funny and could argue both sides with an open mind.

I have always loved Sara, I miss her twinkle. 

• Love 15