Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

On 9/16/2018 at 9:18 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Carole poses for Adam for Instagram

tenor.gif?itemid=5173189

She does sound jealous of Bethenny! Red Barf Guy had no interest in Carole - if he did there would be footage on the show. Instead there's footage of him and Ramona

Explains why Adam dropped acid on his first date with Carole

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

fer sure! 

oddly, we are watching a movie with Nicholas Cage. I have vivid memories of sitting in my friend's house in high school, watching Valley Girl.

vlcsnap-002431.jpg

I'm actually kind of surprised we've (I've) never heard Beth say "gag me with a spoon"

I'm from California, Southern growing up Northern for twenty years, that was a short thing. But like, like is like, so bad that I like totally have to like refrain from using it every like every 10 seconds.*side note, being a former squid I could do the fuck out of that with fuck too.

Grody to the max and gag me with a spoon was a blip. And no one thought it was anything but obnoxious. It's the shit like, like or, I spent some time in Washington State, with, you know, that will fuck your shit up 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm from California, Southern growing up Northern for twenty years, that was a short thing. But like, like is like, so bad that I like totally have to like refrain from using it every like every 10 seconds.*side note, being a former squid I could do the fuck out of that with fuck too.

Grody to the max and gag me with a spoon was a blip. And no one thought it was anything but obnoxious. It's the shit like, like or, I spent some time in Washington State, with, you know, that will fuck your shit up 

Which makes it even more surprising that she doesn't say it. Holla!.. oh, wait that's Heather. Maybe they're (Heather and Bethenny) more alike than we gave them credit for.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

fer sure! 

oddly, we are watching a movie with Nicholas Cage. I have vivid memories of sitting in my friend's house in high school, watching Valley Girl.

vlcsnap-002431.jpg

I'm actually kind of surprised we've (I've) never heard Beth say "gag me with a spoon"

No way!  It would bring back too many haunting memories of her mother's/Jules' eating disorder.

• Love 2

People are allowed to talk about Carole anywhere it is relevant, including in her own thread and in episode threads if she appeared in the episode. However, please keep discussion of Carole in THIS thread to things that actually occurred in this episode.

You are welcome to attempt to change the subject direction if you dislike the topic; but the reunion aired over two weeks ago and some off-topic is to be expected. 

As a gentle reminder, telling other posters how to post, including, but not limited to, telling them where to post is against the rules and continuing to do so will result in warnings.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

During the reunion, Ramona stood up and Andy asked what she was doing. She explained that she did soul cycling that day and was cramping.

Ramona lied, she was sending a message to Carole in Morse Code

tenor.gif

Adam don't want you Boo.

If we're talking about Carole, shouldn't we say "Booyah Bitch?"

• Love 3
On 9/7/2018 at 9:01 PM, walnutqueen said:

Oh, Carole - you sound exactly like your orange nemesis, what with the proclamations of being "a very, very, very sane person".  That ginormous hippocampus of yours  wasn't quite large enough to decipher it's true significance - and much like your nemesis, you didn't think we'd be smart enough to check you, Boo.

Carole, for a former author and journalist she sure DOESN'T have a way with words.

I wish Aviva was there to shout out

• Love 5
9 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Carole, for a former author and journalist she sure DOESN'T have a way with words.

I wish Aviva was there to shout out

Writer girl was a producer at her job many many many years ago.....she was neither a writer or a journalist back then.  Not to mention....rumor (?) - she was boinking the boss.

She's also quite the operator. 

Carole's beginning to give me six degrees of separation vibes.

• Love 10
On 9/20/2018 at 8:59 PM, bagger said:

That’s what I call rage face

I have felt that look on my face before. Nothing good ever comes after that face.

On 9/19/2018 at 4:22 PM, KungFuBunny said:

During the reunion, Ramona stood up and Andy asked what she was doing. She explained that she did soul cycling that day and was cramping.

Ramona lied, she was sending a message to Carole in Morse Code

tenor.gif

Adam don't want you Boo.

It looks like she's having a fart at Sonja 

• Love 6
On 9/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, Martinigirl said:

I took the stairs two steps at a time today. I should try out for the damn marathon!

Make sure to pose for Instagram shots like Carole.

Carole said she'd never run another marathon again, it didn't bring back Adam was too hard on her body

• Love 3

So I finally got a chance to catch up and watch this episode and Jesus, I almost felt bad for how outmatched Carole was. I hate Carole and kind of like Bethany, but even I will admit Carol was in way over her head. At one point you can almost see Bethany doing it. Bethanny realizes that their dumb-ass JrHigh fight makes both of them look bad, but she also figures out that she knows this and Carole doesn’t. At that point Bethany knows she doesn’t have to actually do much of anything. She can push back at Carols just a little and call Carole out on Carole’s own half truths and then just watch her unravel into Carole the Annoying Self Righteous Rich White Girl Problem Warrior. Carole meanwhile still thinks she’s at ABC news uncovering the next Watergate and has no idea what an ass she looks like. And Bethany knows she also looks like an ass herself, but she also knows she hasn't spent years building up a persona of being above all this TV nonsense so she has a little wiggle room to just relax and watch Carole self destruct into ego and hubris. It’s actually rather amazing to watch and testimony as to why Bethany is so fucking good at being a reality tv star.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 13
On 9/12/2018 at 3:01 AM, film noire said:

And (as Judith Viorst said) some get the face they've earned. (In Bethenny's case, I presume all on her own :)

beth reunion.jpg

IL SkinnyDictator!

And some get faces so smug, you want to smash a Minny cake on them.

Reposting just because this photo is awesome. 

It pretty much represents her soul. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Andy is never happier than when the HWs make fools of themselves. 

So true. Has anyone ever read his books and, if so, does he name names or call out behavior?  Maybe he'll wait until he's gone from Bravo and then write, "The REAL Real Housewives".

• Love 3
On 9/30/2018 at 9:55 PM, SCS said:

So true. Has anyone ever read his books and, if so, does he name names or call out behavior?  Maybe he'll wait until he's gone from Bravo and then write, "The REAL Real Housewives".

I would love to read that book.

• Love 2
On 10/2/2018 at 5:30 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Love this

Maybe all of that bad plastic surgery was to hide from what Bethenny found out.  Carole isn't who she professes to be. She likes to come across as this this big charitable,  politically active, advocate/crusader. When Bethenny started her charity work in PR she thought her big charitable, mover and shaker friend would be ready to get in there and help. Nope, Carole had zero interest and that's when Beth realized Carole talks a good game ............until she actually has to do the work. 

When Bethenny said Carole has more in common with Tinsley -  clothes and hair and social status. Selfish Carole was PISSED and knew in that moment she was no longer fooling Bethenny.  Bethenny was on to her and Carole felt she had  to make Bethenny look like the bad guy first -  before the world found out charitable hip Carole is a big fat fraud. 

Carol probably told Adam not to go to PR because she didn't want to go. How would it look if Adam went and Carole did not? Everyone would know she was a big fat faker. She'd rather be shopping for tattoo and green goblin outfits, social status  and mooching vacations than actually getting in there and helping the hurricane victims. Bethenny figured out who the real Carole was and that scared the hell out of Carole.  

Shmoron.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Maybe all of that bad plastic surgery was to hide from what Bethenny found out.  Carole isn't who she professes to be. She likes to come across as this this big charitable,  politically active, advocate/crusader. When Bethenny started her charity work in PR she thought her big charitable, mover and shaker friend would be ready to get in there and help. Nope, Carole had zero interest and that's when Beth realized Carole talks a good game ............until she actually has to do the work. 

When Bethenny said Carole has more in common with Tinsley -  clothes and hair and social status. Selfish Carole was PISSED and knew in that moment she was no longer fooling Bethenny.  Bethenny was on to her and Carole felt she had  to make Bethenny look like the bad guy first -  before the world found out charitable hip Carole is a big fat fraud. 

Carol probably told Adam not to go to PR because she didn't want to go. How would it look if Adam went and Carole did not? Everyone would know she was a big fat faker. She'd rather be shopping for tattoo and green goblin outfits, social status  and mooching vacations than actually getting in there and helping the hurricane victims. Bethenny figured out who the real Carole was and that scared the hell out of Carole.  

While I don't assign any particular sainthood to Bethenny for her work with crisis victims, I think you're on to something, MartiniGirl.

I do think - and frankly I can't blame Carole for this -that there's a big difference between throwing a fundraising party in NYC and actually going to Puerto Rico where there is no power and no opportunity for glamour shots. But there's really a lot of truth in what you're saying - Carole likes to project this image of herself as an intellectual who isn't afraid to get down and dirty - she went to Afghanistan dontcha know? I don't necessarily think she's a complete fraud but I do think she's got an allergy to work and a taste for trips and clothes and social status and  I suspect the comparison to Tinsley is apt... although I'd actually compare Carole to Sonja as well with the taste for luxury and the need to let the world know her vag is being tended by young men despite her age.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Shmoron.

What plastic surgery has Carole had?

Carole has stated that she wrote checks and asked Beth about what was going on.  Carole was the one who hooked Beth up a friend who was involved with Beth's partner.

Carole never told Adam to not go to PR.  Beth asked Adam to go to Houston and Carole found out about it after the fact. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

While I don't assign any particular sainthood to Bethenny for her work with crisis victims, I think you're on to something, MartiniGirl.

I do think - and frankly I can't blame Carole for this -that there's a big difference between throwing a fundraising party in NYC and actually going to Puerto Rico where there is no power and no opportunity for glamour shots. But there's really a lot of truth in what you're saying - Carole likes to project this image of herself as an intellectual who isn't afraid to get down and dirty - she went to Afghanistan dontcha know? I don't necessarily think she's a complete fraud but I do think she's got an allergy to work and a taste for trips and clothes and social status and  I suspect the comparison to Tinsley is apt... although I'd actually compare Carole to Sonja as well with the taste for luxury and the need to let the world know her vag is being tended by young men despite her age.

A few things stood out to me...

We never heard the real reason Carole walked away from Bethenny 

.Beth called Adam. Beth was too much.  Carole's friend was grieving.  ??? Her reasons were all over the place.

Using the same word Narrative over and over again - weird.

Pushing her "I'm more intelligent due to my huge hippocampus" . 

Carole became so petty and vain her cool hip girl exterior was beginning to crack.

Carole knew her little charade was about to be exposed she became more frantic trying to prove herself.

I give Bethenny credit for tip toeing around Carole's secret and having to sit back and wait for the rest of us to figure out - Carole is a big f-ing fraud. 

• Love 7
On 9/24/2018 at 1:25 PM, AnnA said:

Or so she repeatedly tells us 

I actually do believe that Carole is a good friend. Even the Bravo cameras capture her being a good friend, in the moment.  When Beth felt “overwhelmed” by Jason’s behavior, Carole supported her verbally (Vermont trip) and comforted her. When Ramona makes cringy choices regarding Lu, Carole very gently explains to Ramona why her choices might hurt Lu. Carole considers Adam a friend, even after they stopped dating, and has not maligned him. 

I would like to have Carole as a friend. Even an ex-friend. She really does conduct herself in a way that would not make me roll my eyes, or yell, “Booyah, bitch!” 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I actually do believe that Carole is a good friend. Even the Bravo cameras capture her being a good friend, in the moment.  When Beth felt “overwhelmed” by Jason’s behavior, Carole supported her verbally (Vermont trip) and comforted her. When Ramona makes cringy choices regarding Lu, Carole very gently explains to Ramona why her choices might hurt Lu. Carole considers Adam a friend, even after they stopped dating, and has not maligned him. 

I would like to have Carole as a friend. Even an ex-friend. She really does conduct herself in a way that would not make me roll my eyes, or yell, “Booyah, bitch!” 

I feel Carole told just enough bullchit lies to trick Beth into thinking she (Carole)  deserved to be in Beth's life and was a genuine understanding friend.  Carole is neither genuine nor a good friend. (imo)

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Carole has stated that she wrote checks and asked Beth about what was going on. 

I find myself wondering if roles were reversed, if "Bethenny said she wrote checks and asked Carol about what was going on" would get Bethenny off the hook for not caring about her friend's newest charity.

3 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

We never heard the real reason Carole walked away from Bethenny 

.Beth called Adam. Beth was too much.  Carole's friend was grieving.  ??? Her reasons were all over the place.

There was never one reason given. Based on what we saw on the show and what Carole and Bethenny have said...

Carol broke with Adam about the same time Bethenny started really getting into the hurricane stuff. Bethenny also let drop in tone and in words that she hadn't been terribly impressed with Adam, which offended Carol. Then Bethenny let drop to Dorinda that Adam had refused to donate his time to her pet charity and she felt Adam was an "operator". Carol begins to get offended on his behalf because she still has feelings for him. Enter the Christmas party where Bethenny is being a whiny bitch. They fight, Bethenny loses, and Carole feels her power. They sorta make up but Carole is suddenly realizing that being friends with Beth is a bit too high maintenance for her, that they don't really have much in common. Bethenny meanwhile is also sensing that she and Carole aren't really sympatico, that while Carole presents as a worldly intellectual on the go, she really is more like her new buddy Tinsley than even she wants to admit. Then they fight in Columbia, mostly over petty shit, with Bethenny being extremely high maintenance, and Carole being an utter pill in her own right. Then Carole decided to shit herself in rage on her blogs and in twitter and the rest is history.

I don't necessarily think there is a "one big reason" that they split up. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I find myself wondering if roles were reversed, if "Bethenny said she wrote checks and asked Carol about what was going on" would get Bethenny off the hook for not caring about her friend's newest charity.

There was never one reason given. Based on what we saw on the show and what Carole and Bethenny have said...

Carol broke with Adam about the same time Bethenny started really getting into the hurricane stuff. Bethenny also let drop in tone and in words that she hadn't been terribly impressed with Adam, which offended Carol. Then Bethenny let drop to Dorinda that Adam had refused to donate his time to her pet charity and she felt Adam was an "operator". Carol begins to get offended on his behalf because she still has feelings for him. Enter the Christmas party where Bethenny is being a whiny bitch. They fight, Bethenny loses, and Carole feels her power. They sorta make up but Carole is suddenly realizing that being friends with Beth is a bit too high maintenance for her, that they don't really have much in common. Bethenny meanwhile is also sensing that she and Carole aren't really sympatico, that while Carole presents as a worldly intellectual on the go, she really is more like her new buddy Tinsley than even she wants to admit. Then they fight in Columbia, mostly over petty shit, with Bethenny being extremely high maintenance, and Carole being an utter pill in her own right. Then Carole decided to shit herself in rage on her blogs and in twitter and the rest is history.

I don't necessarily think there is a "one big reason" that they split up. 

The fight was a lot of nothing.

IMO Bethenny knew in her heart it was Carole and not Adam who she was being duped by - she just didn't want to believe it - being such good friends and all.  Watching Carole get hot under the collar when Tinsley called her a girly girl  - that was like telling Carole (and the audience) she is a shameless, posturing, liar liar pants on fire.  That had to sting more than Tinsley  hearing she was not a close friend.  

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Shmoron.

Carole can't keep her lies straight. She kept insisting to Andy that she didn't think anything was wrong with their relationship until the Berkshires.

Bethenny asked Adam to go to Houston back when Harvey hit - this would have been early September. According to Carole, she and Adam broke up but they were still having coffee twice a day - EVERY day. Does she want us to believe that Adam didn't say anything to her about it until the Berkshires in December?

This is what is comes down to as you pointed out - Carole wigged out because she didn't want Adam going to Houston. She didn't want to go herself and she certainly didn't want Adam to go anywhere out of her line of vision. She exaggerated her time as a journalist in "Afghanistan" her false narrative would have been shown if she accompanied B to Houston or PR instead of Dorinda.

• Love 5

Wait.   When did Carole state that she and Adam were having coffee twice a day?  I apparently missed that statement.

How could Carole wig out about Adam not going to Houston if she didn't know that Adam turned Beth down until after the fact.  Carole did not say she didn't know about Adam being asked by Beth until the Berkshires.  She stated to Beth at Doris's house that she did know and she knew it from others as well as Adam. How can it be concluded that she didn't want to go to Houston or PR or that she didn't want Adam to go when Adam made his own decision about not going. 

How did Carole exaggerate her time as a journalist in the Middle East?

I don't know how Carole 'duped' Beth.  Beth is the one who has a problem with relationships.  Beth is the one who has admitted she's a lot.  Beth is the one who really doesn't have anyone.  Heck.  Remember Beth before her fibroid surgery?  Beth is the one who has problems with relationships.  I'm not a fan of Carole but she seems to have a lot more friends than Beth.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 6