Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: God Save the Queen, Bitch

• Start Topic

I'm enjoying Kam this season.  She seems more comfortable and relaxed, and isn't having the vapors all the time about naughty stuff.  Her reaction to the poster was low-key, compared to last season, and maybe she's reacting to appease her husband's family.  Have we met them?  If they're stick-in-the-muds, Kam might be wary of offending them.  Does Kam's family have money or is the money on her husband's side? 

The shopping trip -- I would have left the hat, belt, and buckle and bought the necklace.  Jewelry can be an heirloom -- the other items were way too personal, and how often would she wear them anyway?

D'Andra looks so much better without makeup. 

• Love 5
On 9/7/2018 at 7:16 AM, iloveit said:

The most likeable and funniest Kameron has ever been was when she was describing going to a buffet. Do I want macaroni? Yes. Do I want bread? Yes. Do I want cake? Yes, gimme three pieces.

THIS.  I've never enjoyed Kam so much as when she went through that buffet, piling everything on her plate.

And Cary seems to have found some self-awareness which is nice.  Her eyelash-fixing game was on point.  Her celebrating said success was a little annoying.

• Love 4

I love these bitches- this has become my fave franchise now that NYC has become so dark and tiresome.

And yes, I am even liking Kameron.  She's less annoying than she was last season, and can be a bit more relatable (loved her enthusiasm for buffets- I hear you girl I can never have too much cake)  I wanna see more of this 'avalanche of fun' side to her.  And on a shallow note, while her styling can use some help, she has !amazing! skin.  It's like buttah.

Can someone explain Deandra's butt trick?  She was talkin about clenching quarters but it looked like a K cup....?

• Love 4
On 9/5/2018 at 9:32 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Queen of the group? Lol why god why weren’t there cameras around to film that. 

I kept wondering if it was a fourth-wall issue and they were really arguing about who's the most well-known cast member, or about salaries or something.  Or they're really just that silly... which is certainly also possible. 

On 9/5/2018 at 10:05 PM, ghoulina said:

I did get annoyed when D'Andra went so hard for LeAnn about her wedding. I just don't get why she cares so much.

It is so odd!  I wonder if it's an agreed-upon "plot point," and we'll find out LeAnne's "deep, dark secret" over the course of the season. 

On 9/6/2018 at 1:14 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

I think this is currently my favorite set of HWs.  I think the only one I don't like is Kameron and I don't actually hate her, I just dislike her. 

I agree!  The stars have aligned and I'm finding them all pretty entertaining -- even Brandi, whom I previously loathed!  Even Cameron is at least tolerable this season.  I just hope the lovefest doesn't get too boring; RHW thrives on at least a little bit of conflict.

• Love 4
On 9/7/2018 at 10:25 AM, TexasGal said:

I kept thinking that necklace she wanted but didn't buy was going to pop up again - Brandi had bought it as on over the top gift or something.  When she was announced the winner of the "pageant" I thought it would be her prize.  But, alas no.  

I had the exact same thought process.  Maybe it will come back later in the season? 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Can someone explain Deandra's butt trick?  She was talkin about clenching quarters but it looked like a K cup....?

Around here, it's called butt darts.  You're supposed to clench a quarter in your butt cheeks and drop it into a cup.  She was doing it all wrong.

• Love 4

It looked like nothing at all to me.  Looked as if she clenched the K-cup and then dropped it on the floor, with the quarters already in it.  Did I miss something?  What exactly was the tricky part?  Anybody without a colostomy bag could do that.

• Love 1

Kam's natural voice, rather than the overly affected speech she typically uses, could be heard during the massage when she was talking with LeeAnne. Not that I doubted she's been playing a character most of the time on this show, but it was nice to hear her normal speech pattern for a change.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I love these bitches- this has become my fave franchise now that NYC has become so dark and tiresome.

And yes, I am even liking Kameron.  She's less annoying than she was last season, and can be a bit more relatable (loved her enthusiasm for buffets- I hear you girl I can never have too much cake)  I wanna see more of this 'avalanche of fun' side to her.  And on a shallow note, while her styling can use some help, she has !amazing! skin.  It's like buttah.

8 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

It looked like nothing at all to me.  Looked as if she clenched the K-cup and then dropped it on the floor, with the quarters already in it.  Did I miss something?  What exactly was the tricky part?  Anybody without a colostomy bag could do that.

Butt darts.  A primer......

Quarters are the most popular thing to drop.  My friends like a champagne cork. But any object you can drop in a cup will work.

You place a cup on the floor about 5 feet away from the starting point.  The person places the object between the butt cheeks and the walks to the cup with said object between cheeks.

If you drop the object before getting to the cup, you're out.  

Once you get to the cup, you stand over it, release the cheeks and drop the object into the cup.

The life skills you pick up in a tavern......

• Love 6

I had almost forgotten that LeeAnne was a beauty queen. Carny kid, pageant winner, assault with sandpaper...she's definitely one of the most intriguing HWs across the franchise.

It was so refreshing to see all the ladies simply enjoying a meal while having fun, civil conversation. When is the last time that happened on any RHW show?

This actually made me think they are actually friends just hanging out and having fun after hours and so no one whipped out their phone like they did when LeeAnn went batshit at Stephanie and Brandi’s lake house.

That, and it could also be they made a pact to not secretly record one another after that S1 incident. At least we have Brandi to do reenactments.

i totally felt that when she made the comment about being there for D'Andra 'when it all goes left' with Brandi, though she wishes them the best and hopes they are BFFs for life (through gritted teeth, hands hardening into cold steel..).

image.png.44b472cdcdf656725e5a0062fd9d5559.png

• Love 3
On 9/7/2018 at 1:04 PM, dosodog said:

Maybe she should switch to a different kind of bong and bowl....Kannabis Katie is much calmer than Tequila Katie (Vanderpump Rules).

From the very first episode, Brandi gets a kind of thrill from setting her sites on LeeAnne.  Smack talking her opinion on the charity work all first season.  2nd season she's besties with LeeAnne until she makes up with Stephanie.  This season she's angry with D'Andra and with the snap of a finger they're two peas in a pod.  D'Andra being LeeAnne's "Stephanie".

It feels off to me.  I could be wrong and I'm sure LeeAnne will do something stupid--glass will be broken!  However, I believe Brandi is subtle in her game of poking LeeAnne. Who is still fully responsible for her reactions to being poked.

I adore LeeAnne. But I "see her" too.

I really dislike Brandi, for this reason.  She is a mean girl and she picks on LeAnn.  I don't think it is subtle, but she thinks we don't see her.  She was only nice to her when she and Stephanie were on the outs.  Now she is trying to get to her and make her feel left out, just like she did in season 1.  I actually hate this gang-up BULLSHIT more than I hate outright fighting, like on RHONY.  Of course Brandi came up with a way for the pageant queen to LOSE.  That was rigged from the start to make LeAnn upset.

LeAnn should learn not to let others bother her, but it is hard to do when someone is being an asshole to you, especially when they do it in a sneaky way.

7 hours ago, dosodog said:

The life skills you pick up in a tavern......

You do this at a TAVERN???

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2
On 9/8/2018 at 8:30 AM, AuntiePam said:

I'm enjoying Kam this season.  She seems more comfortable and relaxed, and isn't having the vapors all the time about naughty stuff.  Her reaction to the poster was low-key, compared to last season, and maybe she's reacting to appease her husband's family.  Have we met them?  If they're stick-in-the-muds, Kam might be wary of offending them.  Does Kam's family have money or is the money on her husband's side? 

The shopping trip -- I would have left the hat, belt, and buckle and bought the necklace.  Jewelry can be an heirloom -- the other items were way too personal, and how often would she wear them anyway?

D'Andra looks so much better without makeup. 

The house and plane belong to the Westcotts, Kam’s in laws. The house sold shortly after filming. I’m not surprised. I believe the mom is in her 90’s, so probably not skiing much. Not sure if the Dad is still around. I think the house was only on the show to instigate a sale. 

BTW, I was at Beaver liquors yesterday & the kid that helped them said they were crazy in the store. He said he freaked when Cary opened the tequila (it’s illegal to drink in the store) but his boss said to just go with it. He was thrilled to be on the show though. It’s a big deal in our little town. There’s even a big article about the liquor store visit in our local paper today. 

• Love 15

I remember Jeremy remarking that D’Andra scared him when she got angry. She scares me too. She has a very aggressive side to her-why was she all up in Leeanne’s face about not being married yet?!

Rich has been married multiple times. Maybe at this stage he would rather live like Kurt & Goldie...no wedding needed. Take a seat D’Andra! Why the hell does she care?? 

I was rewatching Season Two and came to appreciate Kameron more. She seems to actually have a sense of humor underneath and is playing us a bit. She is a bit uptight but I like her more lately. 

It is somehow hard to believe that Brandi has only been with Brian her entire life. I DO believe it, it’s just surprising at the same time. She never broke up with him and dated a Cowboys football player briefly? Too bad for her, lol. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Sage47 said:

t is somehow hard to believe that Brandi has only been with Brian her entire life. I DO believe it, it’s just surprising at the same time. She never broke up with him and dated a Cowboys football player briefly? Too bad for her, lol. 

They have fraternization rules against the DCC dating the Players.

On 9/7/2018 at 1:04 PM, dosodog said:

I believe D'Andra regarding LeeAnn too. It's Rich dragging his feet and there is more to the story. I totally endorse her dropping the subject though when she could have kept BADGERING. Hopefully that's an object lesson for Kam at some stage in the future when she sees herself on the show

What about the intro shot of LeAnne in a wedding dress? Did they actually get married or did I miss something?

On 9/7/2018 at 7:25 AM, TexasGal said:

I kept thinking that necklace she wanted but didn't buy was going to pop up again - Brandi had bought it as on over the top gift or something.  When she was announced the winner of the "pageant" I thought it would be her prize.  But, alas no.  

Agree with everyone that yoga practicing, shorter hair, less makeup Cary is 1000x more attractive than glammed up too much makeup Cary.

I think this might be the wrong city for $2k friendship gifts.  I think it's more likely on BH.  I think of these ladies only Kameron could do it.  Stephanie and Cary could probably afford it, but I get the feeling they'd have to ask their controlling husbands first.  Normally I'd say D'Andra could afford it, but she said herself she couldn't due to needing to watch her wallet because of her mom fight.  Brandi doesn't seem as rich as the others too me.  I think LeAnne is the "poor" one out of all of them, which may or may not be a part of her insecurities.  

I'm trying to think of which other cities has HWs that would drop $2k on a just because gift.  On NY Tinsley had to get the "cheap" Tiffany necklaces or whatever, but she was buying a bunch of them and she gave Sonja a $5k gift card (but she might not have paid for it), so I'm putting her as a maybe.  Bethenny could afford it, but I don't know if she'd do it.  I don't know if any of the other NY ladies could afford it.  I think on Atlanta Kandi could afford it, but probably wouldn't do it because she keeps an eye on her purse.  I don't see anyone on OC doing it.  I don't watch NJ enough to have an opinion.  I think on Potomac Monique(?) could probably afford it.  On BH I could see Kyle, LVP, and Erika doing it without thinking about it.  Rinna and Teddi are too cheap.  I think Dorit would, but probably shouldn't.  

• Love 6

I'm finding Carey's affect quite intriguing: she's obviously more don't give a fk this season, but in this episode, I can see a future where she leaves Mark, runs off with Zuri's tennis coach (female) and opens a chain of bikram yoga/botox bars.

Well, her taglines for the last two seasons have been closet-themed.

• Love 1
On 9/6/2018 at 11:58 AM, Irritable said:

I am absolutely loving LeeAnn and Cary this season. L O V I N G them. And I’m good with the others too, except Kameron, who is a nightmare person.

It honestly feels like Kameron is this terrible, vile obstacle that I am forced to push past in order to enjoy everything else. Remove her from the show and I would consider this one of my very favorite current shows, which I would not have seen coming during season one. 

I liked season one. It's honestly been since Kameron came on that I've had a problem getting into the show. She's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

On 9/11/2018 at 7:50 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I think this might be the wrong city for $2k friendship gifts.  I think it's more likely on BH.  I think of these ladies only Kameron could do it.  Stephanie and Cary could probably afford it, but I get the feeling they'd have to ask their controlling husbands first.  Normally I'd say D'Andra could afford it, but she said herself she couldn't due to needing to watch her wallet because of her mom fight.  Brandi doesn't seem as rich as the others too me.  I think LeAnne is the "poor" one out of all of them, which may or may not be a part of her insecurities.  

I'm trying to think of which other cities has HWs that would drop $2k on a just because gift.  On NY Tinsley had to get the "cheap" Tiffany necklaces or whatever, but she was buying a bunch of them and she gave Sonja a $5k gift card (but she might not have paid for it), so I'm putting her as a maybe.  Bethenny could afford it, but I don't know if she'd do it.  I don't know if any of the other NY ladies could afford it.  I think on Atlanta Kandi could afford it, but probably wouldn't do it because she keeps an eye on her purse.  I don't see anyone on OC doing it.  I don't watch NJ enough to have an opinion.  I think on Potomac Monique(?) could probably afford it.  On BH I could see Kyle, LVP, and Erika doing it without thinking about it.  Rinna and Teddi are too cheap.  I think Dorit would, but probably shouldn't.  

Drunken Dorinda could do it, I think. But that would burn into her booze money.

• Love 1