Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Week 5: Part 1

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, RosieRose221 said:

I have been thinking they look similar this whole time! but sorry in my opinion she is a discount ashley = not as pretty

Awww, I think Astrid is really pretty, and naturally so, whereas Ashley's face is just too harsh and scares me.  I think I used to find her pretty but it's just all too much now/overexposure.  

1 hour ago, RosieRose221 said:

#Bachelornation is freaking out -not happy at all with the colton choice. Apparently Mike Fleiss tweeted "We hear you #bachelornation" but did you hear anyone Mike? Someone suggested doing two Bachelors Colton and Jason and letting women pick - like in Kaitlyn's season. Maybe he is listening to that suggestion please God!

I feel like Mike Fleiss thinks it's only to objectify women that way, and never men, because men are so much more important and should always make the decisions (my guess on how he feels.)

• Love 6
6 hours ago, piewarmer said:

Jenna was my favorite part of last night, for giving me my new going-out motto "I have a good feeling about tonight and I'm not gonna let that go" and being tumbled by the surf in her new intro.

How has nobody made a gif of her new intro yet (stamps foot impatiently)?

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Awww, I think Astrid is really pretty, and naturally so, whereas Ashley's face is just too harsh and scares me.  I think I used to find her pretty but it's just all too much now/overexposure.  

I feel like Mike Fleiss thinks it's only to objectify women that way, and never men, because men are so much more important and should always make the decisions (my guess on how he feels.)

Agree about Mike Fleiss - i hope the rating go down for colton's season

• Love 6
19 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Colton on Tia to Kevin, “My heart’s not in it with Tia.” Oooooooooh! Oh, no, and he even stayed in football for his family. Colton sure seems like he has a LOT of repression. He doesn’t know who he is—or if he does, he feels like he can’t be true to himself. I feel very sad for him, and I think the WORST thing for him is if the show talks him into being The Bachelor. 

Maybe I'm a pushover or gullible, but I believed all the inner turmoil stuff he was saying about his choices and his life being made/done for other people, so it does seem that being The Bach would be a very bad next step for him.

19 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

If I had to guess I would say that Christen has had a LOT of work done

I looked pretty closely, and all I could detect was gobs of mascara and maybe darker eyebrows, but she essentially looked like the same person to me.

• Love 3

Christen has one of the more unattractive faces I've seen on the bachelor and she just keeps coming back for more rejection. She was even on the proposal . Why do these people subject themselves to this over and over and over again ?

• Love 8

I was honestly impressed by Eric...how idiotic he was, that is. 

He tells Angela he's "all in" and that he won't go out with anyone else. Then Cassandra shows up, and he ditches Angela in a nanosecond. He tells Cassandra he and Angela are just friends. Then, when confronted by Angela, he insists that "all in" does not, in fact, mean "all in," and that in fact SHE was the one who wasn't committed enough to their faux-lationship. Even though HE is fresh off of slobbering all over Cassandra. THEN he pivots again when talking to Cassandra, and spews some random load of gibberish about how important honesty is to him.

I just can't even.

• Love 18
28 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

He tells Angela he's "all in" and that he won't go out with anyone else. Then Cassandra shows up, and he ditches Angela in a nanosecond. He tells Cassandra he and Angela are just friends. Then, when confronted by Angela, he insists that "all in" does not, in fact, mean "all in," and that in fact SHE was the one who wasn't committed enough to their faux-lationship. Even though HE is fresh off of slobbering all over Cassandra. THEN he pivots again when talking to Cassandra, and spews some random load of gibberish about how important honesty is to him.

I just can't even.

Or, she said she was “all in” while the cameras were rolling, but once she was left alone with Eric in (essentially) a fantasy suite, she told him she didn’t want sex. Or, maybe she told him she just wanted the two of them to pretend they were this great, solid couple while in Paradise, but that she didn’t really want a real relationship. There’s two sides to every story, and especially with the editing on this show I’m not sure I’d trust only one person’s account of their relationship. Maybe Eric felt betrayed by her, but knew he couldn’t expose her because of how the show is filmed? I didn’t see anything from Angela that she truly cared about Eric, she seemed more concerned with being seen as the victim and making sure everyone knew she was “all in”. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Christen has one of the more unattractive faces I've seen on the bachelor and she just keeps coming back for more rejection. She was even on the proposal . Why do these people subject themselves to this over and over and over again ?

Because they don't want to get real jobs?

• Love 7

I bet that Jason was approached to be the next Bachelor, but before that, he had a full on come to Jesus moment, where he though "oh my God, what was I thinking? I was on a reality dating show! I got DUMPED on a reality dating show? WTF is my life?!" and ran from this franchise without looking back. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

do think Colton is gay and that's why he is so frustrated with trying to please people his whole life and not being able to be himself .. I really don't care to see him as the bachelor and don't think he'd last past a month with anyone he'd choose . 

Now if Colton figures out he is gay during the middle of being the bachelor - that WOULD be the most dramatic season ever. Would they then replace the remaining women with gay men who look similar to them. That I would watch!!

20 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Did all the ladies go a tassel earring convention?

Yes, yes they did and Carole from RHONY was the keynote speaker

729A625E-762A-4F24-AA0B-CD867460B8CC.jpeg

Edited by Stats Queen
Needed picture for those that don’t watch RHONY
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Money, I guess? 

I'm ashamed to say I watched The Proposal and I knew she wouldn't even make the first cut.  She didn't look surprised, so I guess they get paid something for just being there.  She really does need to fade out of the spotlight though.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I bet that Jason was approached to be the next Bachelor, but before that, he had a full on come to Jesus moment, where he though "oh my God, what was I thinking? I was on a reality dating show! I got DUMPED on a reality dating show? WTF is my life?!" and ran from this franchise without looking back. 

He did an interview and said he was in the running but they decided to go with Colton . But he wanted to be the bachelor . 

I personally wouldn't want to be the bachelorette . I get that there's a lot of perks to it but it looks really tiring going on a trillion dates a week with people you are mostly not interested in but have to pretend to be plus meeting 4 guys families in a span of a couple of days , etc . Also , I read that the rose ceremonies last forever . 

The traveling I'll take though . 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, misokinesia said:

I remember having that as a first impression of him when he was on Winter Games. He ended up with Bibiana for a while (well, a Bachelor while) and I grew to not mind him. I think I may have actually liked him by the time he left. IIRC, she broke it off with him because she wasn't ready for more of a commitment/sure of where their future would go...? Something like that. It wasn't on bad terms.

Ahhh, right on.  Thanks?  ;)  Just kidding, now that you jogged my slow memory I think that was my exact take on him too.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

hahahaha ok my first big laugh. i just had a terrifying thought. what if they use Tia's heartbreak and she becomes the bachelorette??

Ha, I just posted something similar in Bachelor media thread.  Great minds!

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Money, I guess? 

I'm ashamed to say I watched The Proposal and I knew she wouldn't even make the first cut.  She didn't look surprised, so I guess they get paid something for just being there.  She really does need to fade out of the spotlight though.  

I ashamed to say I watched it too but were we watching the same thing? She actually finished as the runner up on the Proposal. I remember being surprised she made it that far. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Now if Colton figures out he is gay during the middle of being the bachelor - that WOULD be the most dramatic season ever. Would they then replace the remaining women with gay men who look similar to them. That I would watch!!

Yes, yes they did and Carole from RHONY was the keynote speaker

729A625E-762A-4F24-AA0B-CD867460B8CC.jpeg

I haven't watched RHONY in a few years, but Carole looks like she's aged 20 years since I watched.  Never thought she was attractive, but she looks downright rugged in this pic.

30 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Money, I guess? 

Re: Christen . I watched and I'm pretty sure she made Final 2 but wasn't chosen?  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I just can't even.

lol the most creative part was when he was asked about why he told her he wouldnt date anyone else he said "he spoke the truth in that moment" He is a piece of work. Just admit, you lied or said what you had to say to get the rose and then you screwed her over. Im disapointed Cassandra gave him a second chance, I was liking her reaction and her self respect.

12 minutes ago, Fable said:

Ha, I just posted something similar in Bachelor media thread.  Great minds!

tia for me would be up there with super annoying insecure ashley and Deanna for annoying contestants. Please Tia go away!!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Re: Christen . I watched and I'm pretty sure she made Final 2 but wasn't chosen?  

You probably right.  I forgot.  I just remember that she wasn't chosen.

13 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

I ashamed to say I watched it too but were we watching the same thing? She actually finished as the runner up on the Proposal. I remember being surprised she made it that far. 

Yeah, that was quite an accomplishment:  being runner up on the Proposal.  *snerk*

• Love 1
1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

Yes, you are correct.  Kristen came in 2nd.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I'm curious what the overall reaction to Colton is but I don't dare venture out into the bigger Bachelor Nation as it terrifies me. I know the reaction here is very negative, but I'm pretty sure the sheep will keep watching and drink the Colton Cool-Aid and make for another successful season of the downfall of civilization as we once knew it. 

So I was so filled with rage at the spoiler that Colton was going to be named Bachelor that I spent a shameful amount of time combing through Bachelor hashtags and accounts on Twitter to see what the general consensus was. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that just about every random fan on social media was also furious about the lead being an immature young kid who has spent most of his time on the shows crying, remaining noncommital, and being bland (plus the whole potentially closeted factor). I was actually thinking, wow, the producers HAVE to see that Twitter is exploding with super harsh backlash and change their minds in the next few days before the announcement like they've done in the past, but nope. And Fleiss has been an absolute dick about the decision too just doubling down on it. He was posting Bible verses about not passing judgement (they weren't even entirely relevant and gave me the impression he's taking a victim stance on his decision...?), then right after the announcement tweeted "We hear you Bachelor Nation" which got some great "fuck you" responses, and then just now posted a "I can't deny the fact that you like me" gif. I realize people were also highly upset over Nick Viall and Arie being chosen (both of whom I was thrilled about), but they were older, more mature, decent conversationalists, and seemed comfortable in their own skin if nothing else.

Just ugh to the whole thing. I've never considered sitting out a season, but I really am here. I'm hoping it's a trainwreck- and not a fun trainwreck like Juan Pablo's season (who I love to this day for refusing to play by the Bachelor rules) but like a none of the girls are interested and Colton can't carry the show trainwreck.

12 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Ok, i’ll bite. The reason why I think there’s a chance that he MIGHT be gay is because his “reason” for being a virgin is “football” full stop. I hardly know anything about this guy—what his actual job is (other than former football player)—but the one thing we’ve seen over and over and over again is him crying that football and his family put a LOT of expectations on him that he never felt like he could be his true self. What’s his true self? Damed if I know. But to be THAT self-conscious that you’re apparently living this unauthentic life and are so emotional because “football” made you live this facade of a life that makes you miserable, then, yeah, I think “football” didn’t allow him to feel like he could live his life as a gay man. And I think the multiple high-profile LONG-DISTANCE “relationships” is another way that he could “prove” to people he’s straight without having to actually do more than FaceTime.

^This is entirely the reason I speculate on him possibly being gay. Really the only way I'd be compelled to watch would be if this turned into a first ever coming out Bachelor season where 25 men help Colton be proud and comfortable with his sexuality. Otherwise the truth is actually just that he's a childlike famewhore. And he was really juvenile and dickish to Jordan on the Men Tell All. Also I can't bear yet another season of analyzing someone's freaking virginity because that's all we got on the many shows featuring Ashley I. Ok. I'm done.

• Love 14

It's looking like Bachelor Nation hates the Colton idea. There's a #NotMyBachelor hashtag.  I don't know.  To me this feels different than Arie and Nick but it could be my imagination.

I think women WILL be really interested in Colton.  I don't think the women will be an issue.  I think Colton himself is the issue with the show.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's looking like Bachelor Nation hates the Colton idea. There's a #NotMyBachelor hashtag.  I don't know.  To me this feels different than Arie and Nick but it could be my imagination.

Yeah, Nick and Arie both seemed to have an equally loud fan base to counter their anti-fans. I just haven't heard much support for Colton from anyone. It is going to be interesting from a meta aspect. The actual show I doubt will be any different than it's ever been. The lead really doesn't matter. Once they have been picked, the show is already tearing them down to build up their next lead. But the non-show stuff is going to be fascinating. Will the fans finally revolt. Will the audience tune out in droves.

If I were any other network, I'd be planning my schedule around this, put in a show that appeals to the Bachelor crowd and see if you can grab some of their disgruntled viewers. I know I'm willing to jump ship if something better is offered. Bachelor is a sinking ship, IMO. It has become too aware of itself. It is washed up. It is the same storyline over and over.

Even Paradise, which hasn't even been on as long, seems boring and predictable. They all hook up on with the first easy rose and ride out the rest of the show. BORING.

I wonder if Colton is regretting his decision. I know the show doesn't care. It just uses these people and tosses them out, but I can't really see that Colton is going to get anything good from this. Even the paycheck isn't really worth it. He should have gone "all in" with Tia and got the dream wedding and accepted that the rest of his life will be spent in misery.

I do find it incredibly tone deaf of the show to have pimped Colton out so hard, with this Tia storyline. Is this what they think we want? Is this what the general, non-internet, Bachelor audience wants? Or has the show drank it's own Cool-Aide and now thinks it can do no wrong.

I hope they crash and burn. I really do. I am way more into watching that than the actual show at this point.

• Love 10

I posted this in the Bachelor thread but I guess it fits here too:

Good lord, I never thought they'd actually do it. What a bizarre choice and bad mistake. 

I’ve never seen any pro-Colton sentiment online or anything, which is what they usually talk about when they introduce the new lead. It really makes my conspiracy alarm go off and makes me think they thought he was so perfect on paper when they first cast him, like “Wow, this guy is perfect! Former football player, has already dated a famous person AND a member of Bachelor Nation, runs a charity-like-thing, is a virgin (that's new!), people are going to fall in love with this guy we gotta lock him up and give him whatever it takes to get him on Becca’s season, tell him if he doesn’t win he’s guaranteed the Bachelor lead next season!”

Then when they realized no one cared about him whatsoever on Becca’s season and he wasn’t gonna win, they had Tia show up and claim she was still in love which set all this Paradise nonsense in motion to keep trying to make him "happen."

giphy.gif&key=f1c30f5cde00c69e8dbd8bdbf0

Anyway, I watch every season, mostly for laughs, but I can't imagine watching this dude for an entire season. He's come across extremely off-putting since the very beginning.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Yeah, Nick and Arie both seemed to have an equally loud fan base to counter their anti-fans. I just haven't heard much support for Colton from anyone.

According to Reality Steve he has a big following on IG (I think it was or possibly Twitter) way more than Jason or Blake. Must be a silent majority then because where are they? Why aren't they speaking up in support of him? I don't know, nothing about this pick makes sense.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

According to Reality Steve he has a big following on IG (I think it was or possibly Twitter) way more than Jason or Blake.

Well good, at least someone is rooting for him. Now I don't have to feel as bad for the guy. haha I could see him doing well on IG, he is pretty, there's just not much going on beyond that.

• Love 2

I realize people were also highly upset over Nick Viall and Arie being chosen (both of whom I was thrilled about), but they were older, more mature, decent conversationalists, and seemed comfortable in their own skin if nothing else.

Was Arie an unpopular choice? I thought people had been dying for him to come back, it was only after the season that everyone hates him. but I don't follow any Bachelor news outside of here, so maybe he was unpopular.

Part of Colton's unpopularity, IMO, is that it was telegraphed all throughout BiP and we could all see that Tia/Colton wasn't going to work out, yet  they're going to use the Tia breakup story as a launching pad for his season. Not that we don't all know that most of this stuff is fake, but this one played out like it was literally scripted from moment to moment, so to see it portrayed as though it was real is irritating. 

As for this episode of BiP, I literally could not make it through it. It felt SO long and I didn't make it through to the end, even though I watched it on Hulu with no commercials. 

Joe telling Chris how much better his hair looked but that he didn't want to say anything about how bad it was before was my favorite part of the episode, lol. Otherwise, it felt like a very long slog with no payoff (since I fell asleep before the rose ceremony.) 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Well good, at least someone is rooting for him. Now I don't have to feel as bad for the guy. haha I could see him doing well on IG, he is pretty, there's just not much going on beyond that.

I don't feel sorry for him at the moment and can't see changing my mind or watching his season although it's a long time between now and January and disappointment can wane over time. And TPTB have a way of changing our viewpoints depending on their editing. I have a feeling the producers will be painting Colton in as good a light as possible based on the viewer backlash over him being chosen. You would think they would have to be worried about their ratings but Reality Steve brought up a good point. Which is that they probably aren't worried because every year they have people who threaten to not watch because they don't like the pick but ultimately do watch because their ratings never suffer. Still I have never seen this strong of a backlash in my history of watching so time will tell I guess.

4 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

Which is that they probably aren't worried because every year they have people who threaten to not watch because they don't like the pick but ultimately do watch because their ratings never suffer.

This is where their recycling comes in. People will watch to see who the next Bachelorette is going to be, or to see who the next cast of losers in Paradise will be. For all our kerfuffle over Colton, he ((the lead) is the least important element in the show. I imagine the number of viewers who watch for the lead is significantly less than those who watch for the contestants. I know I tend to watch based on the contestants. Unless the lead is someone I absolutely despise, like Andy, and the crop of contestants doesn't wow me, I will check it out. I don't despise Colton. I think he's just kind of a blockhead. He's not the worst person they've had. I mean, we could have gotten a season with Leo or Lincoln!

I don't think Colton is going to make or break the show. The wheel will continue to roll over us all. Some will tune out this season, but they will be replaced with newbies. This thing is bigger than any of us. We have created a monster!!!!!

(sorry, long day at work. Prone to dramatics)

• Love 4

People will watch just to see who the next Bachelorette is going to be, or to see who the next cast of losers in Paradise will be.

I have never not watched because I hated who they picked. Colton is the first time I've considered it but funnily enough the one thing that made me reconsider was knowing I wouldn't be familiar with the Bachelorette or BIP'ers. I guess I will just have to muddle through it since I am hopelessly addicted to this silly show! Hopefully he won't be as bad as I thought he would be.

Edited by yorklee2
On 9/3/2018 at 8:20 PM, dizzyd said:

Wow Kamil! Now that's how it's done, Eric!

Didnt Annalise feel so strongly about someone else a couple episodes back? I've already forgotten who.

Eta: autocorrect made Annalise into Anal lice ?

Your autocorrect must be run by Brett from this season's Big Brother.

• Love 4

I don´t like Colton and can´t really think of a worse candidate for the Bachelor but it´s guaranteed to bring the cringe, and that is exactly why I will probably be watching his season. Wrong reasons all the way!!! A part of me feels really sorry for him, there is foreshadowing of so much awkwardness and not even a tiny glimmer of hope that anything remotely romantic or interesting will happen. But it will definitely be something to see when the women have to pretend to like him despite all his issues.

I think I have found the perfect way to describe Kevin, he´s "caveman pretty".

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 6

Jordan became my favorite this episode!!  He was so sweet to Jenna and just hilarious in his segment with John.  He came across as smarter than John at that moment!

Kamil is the third person Annaliese found that was "her person" within weeks.  As desperate as she comes across she has made it a lot further than a lot of the women.

I liked Cassaundra until she made a play for Eric's rose.  Please I hope she bails on  him after.   Since this week we have to watch 5 hours of this shit and I have to fight over the tv with my kids in between working and doing everything else in the world I still haven't been able to finish. 

• Love 7
On 9/7/2018 at 5:40 AM, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Kamil is the third person Annaliese found that was "her person" within weeks.  As desperate as she comes across she has made it a lot further than a lot of the women.

Annaliese was madly, forever in love, hearts-and-flowers with Jordan, Kamil, and...who else? Goodness, I've already blocked out one of her soulmates.

• Love 3

I have a different take on Colton and Tia. I think it was kind of real with Tia but he dumped her for the Bachelor gig, which is way way worse than the whole thing being scripted. I don’t think putting Colton in a script with Tia is a good move for the next bachelor. Remember, Nick was on BIP but he never could really connect with anyone and that’s why the pro-Nick people could buy it. However, Colton has now just gotten out of not one but two relationships. He claimed that he was in love with Becca and needed time when all the men ambushed him over Tia. Then he decides he’s “all in” with Tia on the stupid double date with Raven and Uggo. He goes so far as to turn down dates for Tia. Stays straight up Tia’s ass constantly and then suddenly “can’t give her what she deserves” or whatever bs he spewed when he dumped her. I don’t like Tia but I felt bad for her. I don’t dislike Colton, but I think what makes this so fucked is that he very obviously dumped Tia for the gig. And what woman in her right mind would want to try for Colton after he was in two relationships which he claimed to really care for the woman only a couple weeks ago? Everyone knows you have to give a man 3 to 5 business months after a breakup before you commit to him to make sure he’s over the ex. Every woman going on this season of the Bachelor is getting Tia’s sloppy seconds and that’s not fair to them. If Colton is not gay, there’s no way he’s ready for a relationship. I’d be concerned if I were going on this next season of The Bachelor. How much you wanna bet Tia shows up on set for the most dramatic episode in Bachelor history and we get to see Colton cry about it? This was such a poor choice. And I don’t even dislike Colton, per se. I just think he’s doing this for the money. Honestly, I think Tia knew that’s why he dumped her and that’s why she was so nice about it. They may have actually talked about his offer and decided he should go for it for the money and maybe get back together later. I don’t know but she took the breakup very well and that is not how she acted when he first got there and turned her down. Then he actually cried about the breakup that HE wanted. Like I said, he was into Tia. He dumped her for money and that’s shitty. Maybe not for future Colton and Tia, but for all the women who want a chance with a real unattached single man. Not cool. 

Kenny was the one they should have chosen. 

• Love 4

I never really bought the Tia Colton relationship. He seemed like a guy who was strong armed into a relationship with her. He never seemed into her. Becca seemed more his type (if he's not gay). Tia is kinda of trashy and she's not attractive. I barely believe arie was into her either. I think being a people pleaser Colton just went with it.. the path of  least resistance. He just didn't seem to care for Tia aside from not hurting her. Tia was thinking (desperately) she and Colton would eventually get married. He didn't seem to get attached to Tia 

• Love 4

I agree that he probably wasn’t as into her as he tried to be, and may have been more infatuated with Becca. But he was TRYING to be into Tia for some reason, and turning down other dates. Maybe he just needed a beard since some speculate that he’s in the closet. Who knows. My point is that I don’t think he knew he was going to be the Bachelor while he was trying to be into Tia. I don’t think it was scripted more than the average. Seems to me, if he knew he was going to be the next lead, he’d want to pull a Nick and just be friends with all the women on BIP so that he could prove that he’s over Becca while simultaneously acting like he’s trying to find “his person” but making no connections. If they pressured him to commit to Tia, knowing he was the next lead, they are really fucking stupid. But if they did, why? It makes no sense. 

• Love 3

I think it's kind of interesting that Colton doesn't wear any undies.  Only Spandex when he works out.  He likes the 'freedom'.  Astrid said she feels the same way about sox!  Some real deep conversations going on in BIP!

1. I agree with the poster above that said Colton got the nod for The Bachelor and goodbye TIA.  Then I was thinking they love to announce 'this season will be like no other'.  Colton can't find love and in walks Tia who gets a proposal from Colton.  Would the other girls take that.  Oh yes..sure they would because lets face it this is not reality tv this is producer driven and everybody would know from the beginning what the ending will be in this 'season like no other'!
  2. Why do I watch this??
  3. I have no idea where these numbers came from.  Must have hit a wrong button.
  • Love 1

If TIIC actually think the masses are looking for a Tia and Colton fairy tale they really need to be committed to an institution. I have zero respect for anyone involved in the making of this show but even I don't think they are that tone deaf. Quite the opposite. I think they are very aware we didn't want Colton but either had to pick him (no one else wanted it) or did it as a big FU to everyone because they know damned well enough of us are going to watch anyway. 

I think Colton was willing to go along with the Tia romance because he is a people pleaser,  it gave him screen time and it was the path of least resistance (and really his only option since she called dibs before he even arrived). But once he was told he would be the Bachelor it was bye bye Tia. I think he thinks he's ready to get married, but I also think he has this unrealistic idea that the right girl is just going to fall into his lap and then he'll know. I think he is extremely naive when it comes to relationships. Being the Bachelor is going to do him a lot more harm than good IMO. 

I really don't believe Tia was "in on it", whatever this mass conspiracy is that people are seeing. I think she was desperate to be the new Jade and Tanner. When that didn't work she went with Ashley and Jared's "I will beat him into submission". If she was in on it she's an even bigger moron than I thought because she has gotten nothing good from this. Her already tenuous reputation has been ruined. If she does become the Bachelorette...I can't even.... would they really be that spiteful? Because picking her would be an even bigger FU to the shows fans. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think it's kind of interesting that Colton doesn't wear any undies. 

Heh.  That gave me a flashback to when I was in college and a bunch of us women were sitting around the table.  The resident Romeo sidled up to us and announced that he didn't wear underwear, thinking he was sexy and that would be a turn on.  We all got up and left.  

• Love 2

They might pick Tia depending on how coltons gals make out!  If one stands out she will also be over Tia.

There is also the young dark haired gal with the big earrings that's waiting in the wings!

Actually I was kind of surprised they picked Colton.  I didn't think they picked from BIP!

33 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Actually I was kind of surprised they picked Colton.  I didn't think they picked from BIP!

They didn't pick him from BiP though, as he was on Becca's season first... they also picked Nick after a 'redemption tour' in BiP... all just cogs in the same wheel really.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

They didn't pick him from BiP though, as he was on Becca's season first... they also picked Nick after a 'redemption tour' in BiP... all just cogs in the same wheel really.

Thank you.  Yes I knew what I meant just didn't say it right.  What I was thinking was that those coming over to BIP from a season on Bachelor or Bachelorette weren't usually chosen to be top dog on the B & B shows.  You are right they did go another round with Nick.

Like somebody upthread said...it's getting incestuous. 

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 1