Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Confession

• Start Topic

Did the hairstylists just hate everyone? I'm in the same age range as the actors and the only time I've done anything like that to mine is when I don't have time to shampoo it and can't find a shower cap.

The whole Sophie/Laura Leighton arc really does make no sense.  I get that the show was in a big state of transition in these first few episodes - people pivoting out, new people being brought in, maybe the ink wasn't dry on Luke Perry's return papers yet - and they probably thought a get like Laura Leighton would get them eyeballs.  But then why not give her something big and splashy, why write her like this?  Ugh, at least it's over.

Also (almost) over?  The Val Years.  Sob!  I mean, I know we're WAY past the character's golden years, but I'm not ready to transition to the Gina Years.

Tara and Sarah both saying LOL at the PPAD being full and then laughing at their jinx was quite charming.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, meggonzo said:

Was Laura Leighton originally only signed for 6 episodes? 

I think this stint with 90210 actually prevented Sydney from returning to Melrose Place (not sure how as she was murdered).  

Total waste! And I think LL is gorgeous but she seems really incongruous with David. 

• Love 1

I thought for sure we'd get a shot/comment on Noah's completely rude and gross swigging from the mouth of the brand new orange juice jar. Dude.

That doorman at the PPAD/rave is a Busey cousin right? I mean, he is so Busey adjacent, genetically.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cekrypton1 said:

That doorman at the PPAD/rave is a Busey cousin right? I mean, he is so Busey adjacent, genetically.

I will always fondly remember him as a later season addition to Walker, Texas Ranger (don't @ me) along with Nia Peeples when they were clearly trying to appeal to the yoots. 

4 hours ago, RosieRose221 said:

Donna did not read that book, but nice try show

I had to read "A Civil Action" the summer before I started law school.  It was dense and overwhelming to an incoming law student.  NFW Donna read it in a quick sitting and was prepared to discuss it over dinner.  Also, Matt sucks to ask a date to read that as a way to "woo" someone.  

ETA:  Love Tara's reference to Matt's "unethical piehole" because Matt engages in behavior destined to get him disbarred in practically every episode.  I work with disciplinary counsel in my jurisdiction.  In this episode alone, he's breached confidentiality re Val, talked to an opposing party without their lawyer present re Leah, commits a felony to help Leah abscond, puts his former client in legal jeopardy by asking him to help Leah forge documents, commits a conflict of interest against his own client re Lenny, and violates all kinds of candor to the court by helping Leah abscond in violation of a court order. Did I mention how much he sucks as a person and an attorney?????

Edited by Earmuffs Mom
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

I think this stint with 90210 actually prevented Sydney from returning to Melrose Place (not sure how as she was murdered).  

Total waste! And I think LL is gorgeous but she seems really incongruous with David. 

Weird because LL's last episode of MP was at the end of season 5, in spring 1997, and I believe these 90210 episodes were from fall 1998?  So it was over a year later.

I guess I was wondering if LL was originally supposed to replace TAT, or if the plan was always LL for 6 episodes and then bring in Vanessa Marcil.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Judson Mills was on As the world turns....and that was one of my granny’s shows—-so I had prior experience with the bad acting 

OMG yes! Making him at least the third ATWT alum to appear (Phantom of CU/Dusty and FBI Dude/Holden). Man I miss that show. I lived with my grams junior and senior years of high school and we taped it every day and watched over dinner. 

Just so I'm not entirely off-topic: I was guilty of pants as big as David's during this era, but I was a raver. He's just a choad. 

• Love 2

This stereotype-filled Sophie storyline is terrible. It's like an homage to every other story on every other medium about a girl trying to make it in "the industry". This photo shoot is a direct knock-off of Coco's story from "Fame", except I actually felt for Irene Cara. Even the photographer was a better creep.

23 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

I had to read "A Civil Action" the summer before I started law school.  It was dense and overwhelming to an incoming law student.  NFW Donna read it in a quick sitting and was prepared to discuss it over dinner.  Also, Matt sucks to ask a date to read that as a way to "woo" someone.  

ETA:  Love Tara's reference to Matt's "unethical piehole" because Matt engages in behavior destined to get him disbarred in practically every episode.  I work with disciplinary counsel in my jurisdiction.  In this episode alone, he's breached confidentiality re Val, talked to an opposing party without their lawyer present re Leah, commits a felony to help Leah abscond, puts his former client in legal jeopardy by asking him to help Leah forge documents, commits a conflict of interest against his own client re Lenny, and violates all kinds of candor to the court by helping Leah abscond in violation of a court order. Did I mention how much he sucks as a person and an attorney?????

I'm sure this may cause your head to explode but I personally would F-LOVE it if you did a "how Matt would get disbarred" overview regularly. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, CurlyATX said:

I'm sure this may cause your head to explode but I personally would F-LOVE it if you did a "how Matt would get disbarred" overview regularly. 

I thought about that yesterday after I rattled off that list yesterday:  "Five ways Matt would have been disbarred or generally sucked as an attorney" in this episode.  I know there are other attorneys who listen to this podcast, so I welcome their rantings as well.  Matt gets suspended later this season (or next season) and even then, he should have been disbarred, not suspended.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, Kimmykun said:

I wonder if Laura was supposed to be TAT's replacement and it just didn't work out.

The character did hit a couple Val notes with the scheming and having a thing with David. 

I think she was just there to kill time/episodes because, like I said, the show was going through a transition (that, on a modern show, would have happened in three episodes versus seven).  The real start of this "new version" of the show really starts next week with Val's exit, Gina's entrance to replace her, and Dylan's return.

• Love 1
On 9/5/2018 at 1:43 AM, Kimmykun said:

I wonder if Laura was supposed to be TAT's replacement and it just didn't work out.

The character did hit a couple Val notes with the scheming and having a thing with David. 

The Gina role was written for Vanessa as Aaron Spelling has stated in the past so she was always supposed to be permanent. I don't think Leighton was anything more than a guess spot. She literally leaves an episode before Marcil and Luke Perry show up. They needed some spice to get to sweeps.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, Jmallory said:

Tom was played by Carlos Ponce, a famous singer/actor. David had no chance being up against Carlos and Sofie knew it too!

I think this guy was the random love interest on 7th Heaven (how they got rid of Jessica Biel after she posed in racy underwear).