Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: From Stranger to Sweetheart

• Start Topic

The only reason Tristan is in this marriage is because Mia looks good to him, it has nothing to do with God’s will.  If she did not look good to him, he would have walked away.

I watch 90 Day Fiancé, you’d be surprised what shit people will put up with when they’re attracted to someone.

On the show the reason so many couples stay married is because they may still be in the attraction stage, when that stage ends (probably about two months later), they call it quits.

• Love 20

Other than Danielle and Bobby, I don't buy that any of them are all-in on their relationships at this point.  I don't believe that Tristan and Mia or Dave and Amber are as lovey-dovey as this episode made them seem to be.  I just don't see how they can go from lukewarm and trust/insecurity issues to full-on love affair inside of a week.  Dave is saying all the right things but still acting tentatively and Tristan is still not convincing me that he is over his huge trust issues with Mia.  I fully believe that the show is setting us up for all the couples to stay married at decision day just to make the season look like a success, meanwhile a couple of weeks or months later, two of them will divorce.  Once again, this show uses "the magic of TV" to fool us all.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Regarding Amber - She doesn't even know makeup and cosmetics too well either, otherwise she would look much better.  Not to mention the ridiculously bad hair.  In some scenes it looks tangled and matted underneath in addition to fried to a crisp.  She also needs a good haircut.  It just couldn't get much worse.  Instead of acting like a victim about it, why doesn't she just make a freaking change already?  It's amazing what a good hair makeover can do for a woman's confidence.  It's not like she's so broke that she couldn't spend a little money on it, plus I'm sure Dave would actually appreciate it.

In addition to being insecure about her hair with Dave, Amber is also insecure about the fact that she's not the homemaker type.  She's worried that this is what he really wants.  I'm not so sure about that, but I'm also not sold on them working out in the end, despite the direction they seem to be going in this episode.  This is the time of the season where the show starts making it look like all the couples are progressing nicely, whether or not they really are.

Amber probably didn't have an idea just how bad her hair looked until the show started airing.  Also, I'm wondering if the participants are prohibited from making drastic physical changes to their appearance during the filming in order to facilitate the creative editing.

I could not believe my eyes the way Amber was slinging that raw chicken around, totally clueless about cross-contamination!  Eeeeeyikes ! ! !  Dave was right, though, to not say anything.  Amber would not have handled that helpful advice well. 

Amber and Dave say and do (almost) all the right things.  They are like robots.  There is no warmth between them.  Bobby and Danielle are believable but Dave and Amber are totally calling this in and ready to collect the paycheck. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Amber probably didn't have an idea just how bad her hair looked until the show started airing.  Also, I'm wondering if the participants are prohibited from making drastic physical changes to their appearance during the filming in order to facilitate the creative editing.

I could not believe my eyes the way Amber was slinging that raw chicken around, totally clueless about cross-contamination!  Eeeeeyikes ! ! !  Dave was right, though, to not say anything.  Amber would not have handled that helpful advice well. 

Amber and Dave say and do (almost) all the right things.  They are like robots.  There is no warmth between them.  Bobby and Danielle are believable but Dave and Amber are totally calling this in and ready to collect the paycheck. 

Not sure about the hair staying the same, unless Shawniece last season was an exception as her hair changed drastically from one week to the next.

I hear you about the chicken - I am a home cook and it would drive me absolutely INSANE if anyone did that in my kitchen.  I'd be running around after her with a spray bottle of bleach cleaner, LOL, and I wouldn't care if her "widdle feelings" would get hurt.  I mean, that shit is basic.  It's not unkind to teach people to observe good sanitation, in fact, just the opposite, especially in cases where people can get sick otherwise!  If Dave couldn't find a gentle way to clue her in, that's his fault in my opinion.  I agree with you about them being like robots.  Like they're being "engineered" into saying certain things, and they're good-naturedly going along with it for the show and whatever incentives they're given, but it isn't coming from their hearts.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with you about them being like robots.  Like they're being "engineered" into saying certain things, and they're good-naturedly going along with it for the show and whatever incentives they're given, but it isn't coming from their hearts.

I'm not so sure about the "good-naturedly" part -- but they seem to be going through the motions to fulfill their show contract.

• Love 1

This episode was SO boring.  Watching them watch videos of themselves getting married...was like watching a clip show.  I was singing "SEE WHERE WE COULD BE IF WE PRESS FAST FORWARD" while skipping half the episode.

I have nothing to say.  Other than WHAT was Mia wearing..  White lace shirt with a tight collar, loose white pants and black knee high boots.  She's a disaster.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Not sure about the hair staying the same, unless Shawniece last season was an exception as her hair changed drastically from one week to the next.

I hear you about the chicken - I am a home cook and it would drive me absolutely INSANE if anyone did that in my kitchen.  I'd be running around after her with a spray bottle of bleach cleaner, LOL, and I wouldn't care if her "widdle feelings" would get hurt.  I mean, that shit is basic.  It's not unkind to teach people to observe good sanitation, in fact, just the opposite, especially in cases where people can get sick otherwise!  If Dave couldn't find a gentle way to clue her in, that's his fault in my opinion.  I agree with you about them being like robots.  Like they're being "engineered" into saying certain things, and they're good-naturedly going along with it for the show and whatever incentives they're given, but it isn't coming from their hearts.

I remember Shawniece talking about the fact that she wore wigs during the casting, so the producers knew. And actually, constant hair changes don't affect continuity - if your hair is always changing, the change is the constant, you know? 

I was cringing during Amber's cooking. I REALLY hope Dave cleaned that kitchen. He should have told her.

• Love 10

The hair was Shawniece's business so it makes sense that her style would be ever changing.  

I was lukewarm on Bobby in the beginning but damn.  He really is cute and thoughtful.  The personal cards with 23 things he loved about Danielle was sweet, as well as including Henry in the gift.  Team Danielle and Bobby.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

One main reason the first 2 articles failed to mention is that  Baby Boomers had stay at home moms. Their moms cooked dinner every night for dad and taught their daughters how to bake and cook. Millennials had 2 working parents who brought home pizza and take out, so were never taught how to cook. In a way it's a good thing because Baby Boomers were taught about cooking from 1950's standards which also included stuff like wearing high heels in the kitchen, always having a protein, starch and veg at meals,  and having plenty of ashtrays for your guests. It seems the 3rd article did mention this. I was taught mom and grandma and they placed such a HUGE importance on all of these things.

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG, Amber threw the chicken cutlets on the counter.  I thought she would cut her finger off cutting the veggies.  What has she been eating for 37 years?  Take-out?  And the hair was hanging over the food.  I’ve come to realize that Daves not that bad after all.  The girl doesn’t know how to do much.  How did she survive all this time?  Makeup and cosmetics she knows.

12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

And I think that’s what’s frustrating, Mia has done all this shit and Tristan is like, “it’s all good.”  Then I think about last season, Jepthe and Shawnice.   Jepthe would be out the door if Shawnice had a story like Mia.

And I do believe in God, but I think Tristan is taking it too far.  Sometimes God tells you to get out.

11 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

If Tristan trusted God, he would have waited for God to bring him a perfect mate in God’s time. Instead he took things into his own hands and trusted three “experts” on a basic cable tv show to find him a wife.

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Regarding Amber - She doesn't even know makeup and cosmetics too well either, otherwise she would look much better.  Not to mention the ridiculously bad hair.  In some scenes it looks tangled and matted underneath in addition to fried to a crisp.  She also needs a good haircut.  It just couldn't get much worse.  Instead of acting like a victim about it, why doesn't she just make a freaking change already?  It's amazing what a good hair makeover can do for a woman's confidence.  It's not like she's so broke that she couldn't spend a little money on it, plus I'm sure Dave would actually appreciate it.

In addition to being insecure about her hair with Dave, Amber is also insecure about the fact that she's not the homemaker type.  She's worried that this is what he really wants.  I'm not so sure about that, but I'm also not sold on them working out in the end, despite the direction they seem to be going in this episode.  This is the time of the season where the show starts making it look like all the couples are progressing nicely, whether or not they really are.

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

The only reason Tristan is in this marriage is because Mia looks good to him, it has nothing to do with God’s will.  If she did not look good to him, he would have walked away.

I watch 90 Day Fiancé, you’d be surprised what shit people will put up with when they’re attracted to someone.

On the show the reason so many couples stay married is because they may still be in the attraction stage, when that stage ends (probably about two months later), they call it quits.

2 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

The hair was Shawniece's business so it makes sense that her style would be ever changing.  

I was lukewarm on Bobby in the beginning but damn.  He really is cute and thoughtful.  The personal cards with 23 things he loved about Danielle was sweet, as well as including Henry in the gift.  Team Danielle and Bobby.

The God that Tristan is referring to is his penis and I am sure once the sex stops being fun, he will bounce out of there so fast since "God" is no longer happy.

Good Lord Amber, what the heck is wrong with you? The woman made a simple chicken and vegetable dish seem as complicated as Beef Wellington. I sometimes feel like Amber thought she was excused from doing any chores because her "cuteness" would be enough for any husband. This is why Dave not being bowled over by her physically.  I agree that she does not know anything about make up because she makes herself look harsh when toning things down would really bring out her natural beauty.

I have never seen a husband as smitten with his wife on this show like Bobby. It is almost like he has fallen madly in love and just lives to do things for her and make her happy. I doubt anything Pepper will say will take the shine out of his eyes. Good for them...don't let these stupid experts mess you up. He even loves her eyebrows...the same eyebrows that got her into debt...enough said.

• Love 9

I find it absolutely charming that Bobby is thunderstruck in love, what an awesome feeling...

His giddiness put a crack in my cold dead heart.

When he talks about Danielle his eyes twinkle like a Disney  character.

Bobby gets away with all this mushy love stuff because you have to be rotten and dead inside if you aren’t happy for Ricky Bobby.

Dr. Pepper better not harsh on their shine when she pays them a visit.

Of course Bobby has a truck.

You can’t go to the muddy places to duck hunt in an Accord.

Bobby: House, truck, job...Texas Trifecta...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 13

I used to be on team amber but now I've sort of switched sides. Poor Dave! She can't cook (I was definately on Dave's side cringing about the raw chicken) She's lazy, whiny and refuses to do basic chores that she AGREED to do! Amber u are not attractive enough to act this way. The sex appeal will wear off and Dave will have no interest in you. Sorry but Amber didn't bring much to the table. She wants babies. Does she realize babies and kids involve a lot of work? Lol love love love bobby and Danielle. I hope Danielle realizes how lucky she is and doesn't take advantage of Bobby. Her gift was so thoughtful! 

• Love 11

At 68, I'm pretty decent around a stove,  but I wasn't taught by my superior cook of a mother (who didn't wear high heels in the kitchen!) or grandmother other than by osmosis. That's why God made cookbooks! 

IOW,  Amber is an idiot.  

Danielle and Bobby sure have original imaginations,  considering their amazing gifts and that date! I mean,  come on; cozy blankets and pillows in a pick-up truck decorated with candles, watching your very own private and personal Drive-In Movie, complete with POPCORN?! I love how Bobby's romantic nature remains true to who he is.

IOW,  Danielle is a lucky dame. 

I'd like to go for the Triple with a trenchant comment about Tristan and Mia,  but....huh? Wha'? Sorry,  I dozed off there. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Why was he even watching her?  If I were trying my hand at cooking, I sure wouldn't want an audience.  She was asking him questions like which pan she should use, but she certainly could have figured that out herself.  I'd tell him to go play video games and I'll call him when it's ready, especially if I knew he has a tendency to criticize.  He did a pretty good job of staying out of it, but I wouldn't necessarily have expected that.

1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

One main reason the first 2 articles failed to mention is that  Baby Boomers had stay at home moms. Their moms cooked dinner every night for dad and taught their daughters how to bake and cook.

I'm a baby boomer and my mother didn't have a job but she didn't like to cook.  She always said she could prepare meals but wasn't a cook.  So she never taught any of the kids anything about cooking.  To this day I can follow a recipe, but I can't cook, don't enjoy it, and have no interest in learning.

There are a couple of things I make that I literally can't get anywhere else, and I'll make those when I get a hankering.  But otherwise, I'm happy to let others make my food for me, whether it's a restaurant or convenience items in the grocery store.

ETA: Plus I never had kids, so I was never responsible for anyone's meals other than my own--similar to Amber's situation.  And even back in the days you're referring to, it was a trope that the new bride was terrible in the kitchen, not unlike millennials would be today the first time they're expected to cook a meal for themselves.

13 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

If Tristan trusted God, he would have waited for God to bring him a perfect mate in God’s time. Instead he took things into his own hands and trusted three “experts” on a basic cable tv show to find him a wife.

I'm pretty sure Tristan believes that God sent the three experts on a basic cable tv show to find him a wife.  That's the handy thing about God's will.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

One main reason the first 2 articles failed to mention is that  Baby Boomers had stay at home moms.

[From Crazy Bird Lady: My mom worked teaching school all her life.] 

Their moms cooked dinner every night for dad and taught their daughters how to bake and cook.

My mom did. Even if they worked, MOST moms of baby-boomers were expected to do all the housework and nearly all the child-rearing, too.

Millennials had 2 working parents who brought home pizza and take out, so were never taught how to cook.

In a way it's a good thing because Baby Boomers were taught about cooking from 1950's standards which also included stuff like wearing high heels in the kitchen, always having a protein, starch and veg at meals,  and having plenty of ashtrays for your guests. It seems the 3rd article did mention this. 

My mom was ahead of her time, in some ways. She brought home the bacon, and cooked it up in the pan. She never wore high heels to cook. If my dad (who smoked) wanted an ash tray, he had to get it for himself, and dump it out too. She 'drew the line' at that. Dad definitely knew better than to bring his stinky cigarettes into the room she was in! 

I'm glad millenial women don't feel they have to do it all when both they and their spouses work full time. If my mom were alive, she'd be happy about that too. 

Mom never indoctrinated me into the "little woman" mindset --and for that, I will always be very grateful.

13 hours ago, qtpye said:

Good Lord Amber, what the heck is wrong with you? The woman made a simple chicken and vegetable dish seem as complicated as Beef Wellington.

Both men and women should learn basic cooking and proper food preparation hygiene. I'm a big proponent of high school jobs at fast-food restaurants for exactly that reason!  They require their employees to take classes in proper (and sanitary) handling of food. [It's not as good as a year in Home Ec, but it's better than nothing.]

I have never seen a husband as smitten with his wife on this show like Bobby. It is almost like he has fallen madly in love and just lives to do things for her and make her happy. I doubt anything Pepper will say will take the shine out of his eyes. Good for them...don't let these stupid experts mess you up. 

If the "experts" somehow manage to screw that couple up, I might actually be mad enough to stop watching MAFS completely!

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm pretty sure Tristan believes that God sent the three experts on a basic cable tv show to find him a wife.  That's the handy thing about God's will.

The Trinity of MAFS!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

One main reason the first 2 articles failed to mention is that  Baby Boomers had stay at home moms. Their moms cooked dinner every night for dad and taught their daughters how to bake and cook. Millennials had 2 working parents who brought home pizza and take out, so were never taught how to cook. In a way it's a good thing because Baby Boomers were taught about cooking from 1950's standards which also included stuff like wearing high heels in the kitchen, always having a protein, starch and veg at meals,  and having plenty of ashtrays for your guests. It seems the 3rd article did mention this. I was taught mom and grandma and they placed such a HUGE importance on all of these things.

I had two working parents who both could cook, especially my dad, who learned from his father (both my dad's parents could cook). My dad is a terrific cook. When I was old enough, I would cook dinner BECAUSE my parents both worked and sometimes they were home late. Cooking wasn't taught to me in the "here's what you need to do to get a husband" sense; it was taught to me in the "we eat to live and sometimes you need to feed yourself" sense. I see cooking as a life skill. Same with laundry and keeping a clean house.

I mean, Amber is alive so she's clearly mastered feeding herself, and if Dave or whoever she ends up with is content to either take the lead on cooking or eat takeout/meal delivery services/frozen foods all the time, cool. I'm just not sure I've ever encountered someone who really could not cook in the, like, literal sense. I've met men who were surprised that I can cook, cook well, and enjoy it, though. I remember texting with a guy I'd gone out with a few times and he asked what I was doing and I told him I was at a farmer's market getting a few things, and he was like "Wait, what?"

• Love 4

OH my gosh I'm queasy from watching Amber. Everything she touched after raw chicken!!!  I'm old but knew the word cross contamination as a kid because my mother was an RN. I've cooked a lifetime of meals but now have not cooked anything but chicken and steak to hide my dogs chemo pills in since moving in to my current crap  abode.  I've felt quilty about that NOW I DONT!  Her parents must not of cooked or a grandmother or college roommate, how do you get to be that age and be so useless??  Never watched a Rachael Ray or better yet Sandra Lee!  I did my laundry since I was 12 as did my brothers.  

I Have to say after watching Dave and Bobby  on pre show both very likeable. I hope Dave who I hadn't liked before will not give up on marriage when this one falls apart.  

Tristan  Tristan get a grip. 

***** Sorry once more I come here hours/ day  later to see I've not hit reply and you all have said pretty much same observations. 

I also learned to cook for my family from simple cook books but would make occasional salad for family as a kid and observed size of pots very early. I would take a preventative antibiotic if I were Dave. I observed a friends husband wipe cutting board that he used to cut raw chicken get wiped off with kitchen sponge then put in cupboard. I waited till he went outside with his drink and hauled it out and washed with soap and very hot water. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Neurochick said:

My two cents/armchair diagnosis.

i think the reason this season isn’t good, the reason so many of us don’t like it, is because to some these folks. Mia and Amber aren’t very deserving.  Not to say that people don’t deserve love but most of us were taught fair play, most of us haven’t been arrested for stalking, most of us know to tie long hair back when cooking, or to wash chicken before cooking it, and then wash your hands.  So then here are these folks who don’t know basic sanitary rules, or folks who’ve been arrested, they get picked for the show and it’s okay.  Tristan doesn’t care about Mia lying to him, because God brought them together, Dave doesn’t care if Amber is all “memememe.”  And I think it’s frustrating to see these people we sense shouldn’t be together, be together.  If that makes any sense.

Court of public opinion, how someone is portrayed, editing, production involvement - it's difficult to really know anything for sure:

Is Dave cold & critical?
Is Amber selfish & hypersensitive?
Is Bobby really this doting?
Is Danielle taking advantage?
Is Tristan really this stupid or just biding time?
Is Mia... well, yeah, Mia's a criminal...

So there's the personalities, or what we're seeing of them, then there's aesthetics. Amber's hair is a major topic that even came up on the show. But there's also Danielle's overdone eyelashes & eyebrows & what seemed like fake color contact lenses in some of her THs.  When Bobby said he loves her eyes, I thought, how could he, he's never actually seen them.

In the end they choose, & are chosen for, this show but does it mean they're "deserving", & if they are, "deserving" of what, exactly?  Most participants will end up with the show's choice of best drama maker match for them, being played for 6-8 weeks, pressure of staying together even if unhappy, 'acting' whatever way is needed for the show, then, most likely in time the ultimate show prize - a divorce.

To choose this kind of z-list 'fame', presumably, to find their one & only special someone for life is a special kind of stupid, which makes them all fair game for viewers.

JMO

• Love 2

Just a word about studies and percentages, they always always looki at trends as "in 1980 70% of 25 year old knew how cook in 2018 only 40% can" so there is a shift overall. In 1960 25% of mothers worked outside the home in 2018 80% of moms work outside the home" Of course there were people outlying the majority. To report " I grew up in 1960 and my mom had a job and didnt cook" , is a given.  It was the same thing when scientific evidence shows it is harder to have babies when you are over 35 and 100 people jump into the thread to report that they had a baby when they were 42 and their friends grandmother had  a baby at  45.

Yes there are also millennials who know who to cook and baby boomers  who never learned how to cook. The study showed the trend is more Milennials cannot cook than Baby Boomers. I was saying what one of the reasons for this TREND is - not talking about your specific life growing up.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Meowwww said:

How does Amber get to be 37 years old and not know how to a) cook and b) be hygenic in the kitchen 

Eh, I know people in that age group who don't know how to cook. They subsist on fast food, other restaurants, and premade stuff that only needs to be heated up. If they've never cooked, they likely don't know a damned thing about kitchen hygiene. It's like someone who's never done laundry not knowing how to sort whites and colors...well, it's like that except for the salmonella part.

The fact that she wanted to *try* to cook was nice (even if it was likely prompted by an "expert"). And she *did* ask Dave if it was OK to put a filet on the counter (I kind of remembered her saying "Can I put this here?"). Why would he say "yes?" These two are so ill-suited for each other. She's a stereotypical Dallas girl, and he's just a guy who likes things just so and doesn't always consider the other person. When he said, "I figured the date was the gift," we thought..."Oh, wow. Has he learned nothing in a month? She's totally a 'gift = things' girl!" Of course...it looks like there's a cooking class next week, so maybe TPTB want to be sure there are no accidental poisonings this season.

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Meowwww said:

How does Amber get to be 37 years old and not know how to a) cook and b) be hygenic in the kitchen 

How has she lived in that house for a month and still doesn't know where the pots and pans are kept? Frankly, Amber is too old to play this girlish, I'm-so-helpless game. She looked like an idiot with her struggle cooking last night. She is pushing 40 and pretending not to know what a clove of garlic is or how to chop it.

After watching these past few weeks, I can see why Dave was single despite being a good catch on paper: decent looks, decent job, homeowner, etc. He has to find something to criticize or nitpick -- it's like he can't help himself. For instance, when Amber was chopping vegetables, he had to point out that cutting them lengthwise saves time. It's fine, dude. They're getting chopped. Even though she had whined about it taking a long time, he should have just smiled and told her that she was doing a good job. The way he hovered and watched her like a hawk would have annoyed the crap out of me, but I sense that Amber wanted an audience for her Jessica Simpson routine, so whatever.

Another example was when they were on the bed at the end and he pointed out that her lip looked weird in the wedding photos and then that she had cake in her teeth. She was grinning at him, trying to have a romantic moment, and again, it's like he couldn't help himself and had to ding her. I think there's something wrong with him, or maybe Amber just brings out the worst in him. I felt sorry for her when she was talking about how their wedding day was the best day of her life (he never agreed), and that she likes reminiscing about it. His response to that? "I know."

Bobby is winning the husband game but it's not like he has any real competition. Those were very thoughtful gifts that he gave Danielle. I liked her gift to him, too. Danielle's dog looks like a basset-lab mix. I know someone who had one. I hope she shares the results, because I'm curious.

Mia and Tristan are a joke so I won't even bother.

• Love 11

OMG Amber!!! She is beyond naive for someone her age, she doesn't know anything in the kitchen. I was waiting for her to say "is this a pot"......how has she survived all these years on her own?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I have never seen a husband as smitten with his wife on this show like Bobby. It is almost like he has fallen madly in love and just lives to do things for her and make her happy. I doubt anything Pepper will say will take the shine out of his eyes. Good for them...don't let these stupid experts mess you up. He even loves her eyebrows...the same eyebrows that got her into debt...enough said.

They are both adorable.  At first I thought Danielle looked way older than Bobby even though she's just 2-3 yrs older.  I mean Bobby's a tough act to follow with that baby face, but she's making great strides.  I see less intense eyebrows, and she's lightened her hair.  She's dressing more casual.   What I like about them is that yeah, there was an instant attraction and they really dig each other, but they are also both so damn THANKFUL that they found each other.  That's so sweet to watch.  Bobby may talk about it a lot more than Danielle, but she has also said many times how she couldn't have asked for a better husband and he's everything she's been looking for.  

Then there's the other two couples.  Where do I begin?  For starters, I call b.s. when Amber stated she hadn't cooked in awhile and was a little "rusty".  Knock it off, Amber.  You don't "forget" how to cook.  You may forget a recipe or not know what every spice in the cabinet is, but for the most part once you learn cooking techniques you don't forget them.  She couldn't even figure out which pan to use and had to ask Dave.  These two shouldn't continue on.  Really.  They have a fundamental problem.  Amber is too high maintenance for Dave, and Dave is too everyday, laid back, casual to appeal to the sophisticated, hot mama image Amber has of herself.  She requires/demands too much attention, and that drives a guy like Dave up the wall. 

Is there ever a moment Tristan isn't laying on a couch, chair, bed, pillows wrapped in swaddling?  Or Mia isn't hanging on, under or around Tristan's arm, underarm, leg, neck, etc?  Tristan is a young man, yet he looks like he hasn't slept in weeks.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mambo Gladys said:

I saw Tristan kiss Mia in this episode while Mia did not move her lips whatsoever.

TWICE!!!  When he went in for the second time, I thought surely.....but nope, she did not move a muscle again.  It was the weirdest thing.

• Love 4

Just to add the know how/do not know how to cook discussion-back in the day high schools offered home economics, wood shop, metal shop, auto shop, agriculture (depending on where one lived), etc. classes.  Many has disappeared due to budget cuts, etc. and many have been replaced by technology classes.  Maybe there was a priority for practical classes that students would use on a more consistent basis as they became adults.  I never had the option of taking any of those as I was in band and that took care of my one "elective" period.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

This is such a snoozer of an episode so I’m going to snark on Ambers hair. She needs a new dye job or just dye her hair Jessica Biel brunette. 

YMMV...I really enjoyed this episode. Everyone seemed to be getting along. I still think Mia is fake, fake, faking everything about her relationship with Tristan and I seriously hope he dumps her at the 8 week mark. He should have dumped her immediately.   IDK why Amber doesn't know the slightest thing abut cooking but she did make an effort.  She really has no clue but the meal did look tasty and Dave said he really enjoyed it.  O/T but now I know why I am fat and these folks aren't.... is that seriously what a normal size of pasta twists with vegetables looks like?  I'm Italian and a one pound box feeds 4 in our family, even though the box says 8 servings.  Amber seemed appreciative of Dave's anniversary surprise and seemed much more at ease with Dave. I just don't know if Dave is really that low-key of a guy but I cannot  seem to be able to get a reading on him.  He 'says' all the right things but he is just so blasé in the way he relates to her.   I just don't know if he is falling for her or not. We know they are having an active sex life, but that doesn't mean anything other than that they are compatible in bed. Amber seemed more secure and they were not fighting, so I am hopeful things will continue to improve and they will fall in love one day.

That was a very cool gift Danielle gave Bobby.  I don't like guns in any way, shape, or form and would not have enjoyed that shooting outing, but kudos to Danielle for being a good sport.  Bobby, while not my type physically, seems to be a dream boat of a husband. So considerate and thoughtful. His anniversary gift was so sweet and looked like so much fun.  It is obvious he is totally smitten with Danielle and she seems to appreciate him and may even by falling in love from what she says in her THs, but there is just something 'off' about her, to me, and I can't quite seem to put my finger on it.  It's almost as if she is a prima donna princess and thinks she DESERVES to have a husband putting her up on a pedestal and doing everything for her.

And not to stereotype or anything but what is it with none of these women knowing how to cook?  I mean just for one's own sake. For one thing it is expensive to order in or eat out every night.  It would be nice if the husband and wife could SHARE the cooking.   I'm kind of old school...SAHM/W, married 35 years and I cook almost every night.  But I am not employed outside of the home and I feel that is one thing I do to contribute to the household. Hubby can throw stuff on the grill but is not much of  a cook, although I have to say he makes fabulous breakfasts....eggs, pancakes, French toast, etc. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

One main reason the first 2 articles failed to mention is that  Baby Boomers had stay at home moms. Their moms cooked dinner every night for dad and taught their daughters how to bake and cook.

I hope this is sarcasm.  Most of the people I went to school with had mothers who worked, and yet we all learned how to cook, isn't that interesting.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

This is probably closer to how Tristan rationalizes this. That being said, if he feels like most Christians that divorce is something to be avoided if at all possible then he was taking a huge risk with this show because these people have a terrible track record.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Mia and Amber aren’t very deserving

When you say deserving, I assume you mean they didn't deserve to be picked because they are not ready for marriage. That can be applied to every single season though, all the way back to season 1 (Threesome Vaughn anyone?). I would also include all the guys from season 2, season 3 Ashley, Sam, Trey, Season 4 Derrick, Heather, Nick, Season 5 Nate, Colby, Season 6 Molly and Ryan. There are crazies and jerks every season but I don't know that it makes the season any more boring; on the contrary, if every couple was like Bobby and Danielle I think it would be even more boring (and I like Bobby and Danielle!).

• Love 4

I think maybe Amber should have cooked something she knows, most everyone has something they can cook. Danielle probably only has that one thing in her repertoire so she cooked it for Bobby. I would even suggest those preprepped meals and cook it together. Amber sometimes is her own worst enemy and makes it too easy for Dave to snipe at her.  I wish they both would just relax already. 

I’ve never seen anyone kiss like Mia, weird. That date sucked. 

Bobby was funny when he made that comment about Danielle’s mother’s hamburgers. 

• Love 6

Grammar police reporting in.....Not only do these adults lack basic cooking skills but they are driving me crazy with their toddler grammar skills. Mia repeatedly says, "Tristan and I's" and in the last episode where Danielle is excited to know her dog's DNA, she says "Henry and I's". I think these are educated people but they sure do not speak like it.?

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Mia and Amber aren’t very deserving

When you say deserving, I assume you mean they didn't deserve to be picked because they are not ready for marriage. That can be applied to every single season though, all the way back to season 1 (Threesome Vaughn anyone?). I would also include all the guys from season 2, season 3 Ashley, Sam, Trey, Season 4 Derrick, Heather, Nick, Season 5 Nate, Colby, Season 6 Molly and Ryan. There are crazies and jerks every season but I don't know that it makes the season any more boring; on the contrary, if every couple was like Bobby and Danielle I think it would be even more boring (and I like Bobby and Danielle!).

That's not my quote you were responding to; I think that was part of a much larger quote by @Neurochick of which I had quoted & responded.

Edited by gonecrackers
1 hour ago, potatochips said:

Grammar police reporting in.....Not only do these adults lack basic cooking skills but they are driving me crazy with their toddler grammar skills. Mia repeatedly says, "Tristan and I's" and in the last episode where Danielle is excited to know her dog's DNA, she says "Henry and I's". I think these are educated people but they sure do not speak like it.?

Tragically, they speak like everybody else on reality TV.

I did notice that Amber said "Dave and my..."  Still not right, but not as wrong.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Tragically, they speak like everybody else on reality TV.

I did notice that Amber said "Dave and my..."  Still not right, but not as wrong.

Honestly, I get a bit confused myself as to what the correct grammar is so I tend to say "My relationship with Dave or my relationship with so and so..."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, potatochips said:

THIS TIMES 1000! 

Rule of thumb: remove the other person’s name/pronoun, and if it sounds wrong, it is: “Henry is coming with Bobby and I” would end up being “Henry is coming with I” which sounds wrong; should be “Henry is coming with Bobby and ME”.

PET PEEVE!

Edited by Shieldmaiden
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Marsh said:

I have nothing to say.  Other than WHAT was Mia wearing..  White lace shirt with a tight collar, loose white pants and black knee high boots.  She's a disaster.

And that’s given she doesn’t even have a neck...

• Love 5

How was Mia able to read her marriage vows, which started with bullshit about always being open and honest, without even a trace of irony?

Also, I want to go visit Bobby and Danielle and have Bobby open the front door and, being the consummate host, give me one of his dad hugs. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 6

OMG!  What's with Amber not knowing ANYTHING about cooking?  She had to ask Dave about what kind of pan to use!  Worse, she had her hair hanging down, instead of tied up in a ponytail for purposes of hygiene and handling that chicken...I thought I would get sick!  Amber is just too immature, insecure, high maintenance, judgmental and lazy.  It kills me how much she speaks of other people, especially Dave, being so judgmental.  She has so many reasons for why she does NOT want to be married - no shared finances, not wanting to take on "extra work", and on and on, that I wonder why in the world she applied to be on the show - other than her biological clock ticking away.  She's in for a rude awakening when/if she has a child.  The only thing she seems to get into is superficial type things like makeup, hair dye, tanning, and so forth.  I couldn't believe her suitcase and counter top of lotions and potions and her "on her back with arms crossed over the chest" sleep position that she does to avoid wrinkles!  God bless Dave for not howling in a fit of laughter over that one!  When Amber started a conversation about her hair falling out because she was bleaching it too much, she accused Dave of trying to get her to dye her hair!  Dye it, Amber!  It looks like straw!

• Love 6

Tristan and Mia...worst gift givers because they don’t give  2 shits so production bought the lame-o gifts and asked them to say something to each other.

Funny Bobby wants to put his baseball stadium list gift over the bed. 

Danielle said  they were going to Seattle in a couple of weeks guess it will be part of the season.

Agreed Dave is not getting the memo that Amber wants bling  “but Dave likes to have experiences...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

I think maybe Amber should have cooked something she knows, most everyone has something they can cook. Danielle probably only has that one thing in her repertoire so she cooked it for Bobby. I would even suggest those preprepped meals and cook it together. Amber sometimes is her own worst enemy and makes it too easy for Dave to snipe at her.  I wish they both would just relax already. 

I’ve never seen anyone kiss like Mia, weird. That date sucked. 

Bobby was funny when he made that comment about Danielle’s mother’s hamburgers. 

Yes, Bobby's comment and Danielle's reaction about his MIL's hamburgers had us all laughing and typifies their wonderful relationship.

Yes, Dave may "snipe" at Amber on occasion, but the fact that he hasn't given up on her, yet, speaks ever so highly about him and his patience and determination to continue to try and make things work.  I think his score of 7.5 for Amber was about 5 points too high.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Open Mouth said:

Yes, Bobby's comment and Danielle's reaction about his MIL's hamburgers had us all laughing and typifies their wonderful relationship.

Yes, Dave may "snipe" at Amber on occasion, but the fact that he hasn't given up on her, yet, speaks ever so highly about him and his patience and determination to continue to try and make things work.  I think his score of 7.5 for Amber was about 5 points too high.

Oh, I think he's given up on her. He's determined to look good on camera, though. If they weren't being filmed, he wouldn't give her the time of day IMO.

• Love 6