Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: From Stranger to Sweetheart

• Start Topic

Ashley went on the show to get a husband.  She got one.  Why is she always insecure about her hair color, Dave wanted a brunette, she didn’t want more friends of his,  she’s not tall enough, blah, blah, blah.  It’s always something with her.  Shut up and do what you have to do, or else leave him and be alone.  Shape up and stop questioning everything.  Oh, and the laundry she doesn’t want to do.  Unbelievable.  She looks lazy.  Oh, and another thing that bothers her.  The 7.5 rating he gave her.  Don’t see this marriage lasting.  I’m on a roll tonight, lol.  These couples are annoying, except Danielle.   At least they are trying.  Mia & Tristan .. I can’t even go there.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 7

Amber’s ridiculous roots are killing me. What would she look like if she were put on an island for a month without makeup and dye??  She’d look absolutely nothing like she currently looks. She wears too much makeup. Her hair would be dark. Her extensions would fall out. Her fake nails would snap off. She couldn’t wear perfume. Dave would not recognize her. 

Edited by PityFree
Typos
  • Love 11

I am not a very good cook.  I can get by. But, I’ve managed to cook multiple, full Thanksgiving dinners and no one has ever gotten sick.  This is because I know basic food safety — such as not touching raw meat and then touching everything!  And you’re not supposed to wash poultry before cooking; it just spreads germs around the kitchen!  And you need to wash your hands constantly and be very careful about things you’ve touched.  It takes paying attention but it’s not rocket science.

ETA:  I also always tie my hair back and  if I’m cooking for someone else add a headband also.  I wonder how many hairs from Amber’s weave Dave ended up eating.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 10

Danielle has gift giving skills!  That was a really cool, really thoughtful gift for Bobby.  And he will think of their anniversary for years, every single time they go to a new stadium. 

4 minutes ago, PupCal said:

I am 99% sure Henry doesn't give a shit where he comes from; he's a dog. (Also based on looks I'd say he's about 50% Basset Hound.)

Yup. BH plus Corgi.

• Love 18

OMG, Amber threw the chicken cutlets on the counter.  I thought she would cut her finger off cutting the veggies.  What has she been eating for 37 years?  Take-out?  And the hair was hanging over the food.  I’ve come to realize that Daves not that bad after all.  The girl doesn’t know how to do much.  How did she survive all this time?  Makeup and cosmetics she knows.

• Love 10

Omg Amber cooking with that falling hair down...I was cringing. There had to be clumps of hair in the food. Tie it back, girl, for the cooking at least. I was I,pressed at Dave’s relative self control while she was cooking..I wouldn’t have made it 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

This is such a snoozer of an episode so I’m going to snark on Ambers hair. She needs a new dye job or just dye her hair Jessica Biel brunette. 

A snoozer is an understatement.  How about the Jamie show on Unfilteted?  I’ll never watch it again.  The questions were ridiculous.  She was ridiculous.  Why is Mia always hiding in something and putting her head down?  And wiping those eyes?  I think the experts are phonies.  The worst season ever.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, PityFree said:

IMHO, Dave  is just going through the motions to get through six weeks without fights.  Nothing more.  He’s very aware of everything he does and he doesn’t want to come across as an asshole on TV.

He's trying hard not to look at the camera, hoping he's believable, reminding himself he'll get laid so it's worth it, for now.

• Love 4

My two cents/armchair diagnosis.

i think the reason this season isn’t good, the reason so many of us don’t like it, is because to some these folks. Mia and Amber aren’t very deserving.  Not to say that people don’t deserve love but most of us were taught fair play, most of us haven’t been arrested for stalking, most of us know to tie long hair back when cooking, or to wash chicken before cooking it, and then wash your hands.  So then here are these folks who don’t know basic sanitary rules, or folks who’ve been arrested, they get picked for the show and it’s okay.  Tristan doesn’t care about Mia lying to him, because God brought them together, Dave doesn’t care if Amber is all “memememe.”  And I think it’s frustrating to see these people we sense shouldn’t be together, be together.  If that makes any sense.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Someone please riddle me this, what’s with these people who don’t know how to cook?

Seriously, WTF?

I was watching that like " ... She really cannot cook at all. They're going to be puking" and it was kind of shocking to me, if I'm being honest. If nothing else, it's much cheaper to cook at home. Does she really eat take-out for EVERY meal? Can she make a sandwich? My ex-boyfriend didn't cook much (he was an ad guy so he had a lot of client dinners and lunches) but he could put together a simple meal without spreading germs everywhere.

2 minutes ago, PupCal said:

I am 99% sure Henry doesn't give a shit where he comes from; he's a dog. (Also based on looks I'd say he's about 50% Basset Hound.)

I was like "Is that a thing? DNA tests for dogs?" Because I mean ... he's a dog. I think if you just feed him, walk him, play with him, and let him out, he's good. I doubt he's having an existential crisis. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, PupCal said:

Man, if I believed in God enough to think they sent me a spouse, I would be pissed that they sent me a felon who does nothing but lie.

And I think that’s what’s frustrating, Mia has done all this shit and Tristan is like, “it’s all good.”  Then I think about last season, Jepthe and Shawnice.   Jepthe would be out the door if Shawnice had a story like Mia.

And I do believe in God, but I think Tristan is taking it too far.  Sometimes God tells you to get out.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

And I do believe in God, but I think Tristan is taking it too far.  Sometimes God tells you to get out.

If Tristan trusted God, he would have waited for God to bring him a perfect mate in God’s time. Instead he took things into his own hands and trusted three “experts” on a basic cable tv show to find him a wife.

• Love 22
29 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

A snoozer is an understatement.  How about the Jamie show on Unfilteted?  I’ll never watch it again.  The questions were ridiculous.  She was ridiculous. 

Is that the show that's on right before the episode?  I almost fell off my chair when Bobby said Danielle has a thing about not running the dishwasher or washing machine if it's only half full.  The lady asked him what happened when he did it, and he said, "I haven't done it.  She told me that it drives her crazy so the son of a bitch is full whenever I run it."

Bobby's growing on me.

• Love 19

I agree with everyone that Mia is a scary-disturbed woman with a felony arrest and should never, ever have been chosen for the show. 

But the show gave Tristan a "get out of this marriage free card" when Mia was arrested and couldn't board the plane (or any plane) to go on her honeymoon.He could have just walked away, right then. They gave him that option because she had a stalking/fraud felony warrant. 

Tristan chose not to walk away. And when he made that choice, he should have left that issue in the past like he said he would. 

Now, Tristan seems to be holding that over Mia's head... "Mia, you have to do what I want, say what I want you to, and (especially) you must *not* say what I *don't *want you to say, because you're mine now and I could've walked away from this whole 'marriage' but I didn't, damnit!" 

Dude, you had your chance to walk away --but that doesn't justify you declaring yourself Lord and Master and treating your wife like an intellectually-challenged 4-year-old.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Is that the show that's on right before the episode?  I almost fell off my chair when Bobby said Danielle has a thing about not running the dishwasher or washing machine if it's only half full.  The lady asked him what happened when he did it, and he said, "I haven't done it.  She told me that it drives her crazy so the son of a bitch is full whenever I run it."

Bobby's growing on me.

Yes, Unfiltered is on one half hour before the episode.  Jamie Otis asks the most stupid questions.  Tonight, she was prying into Dave and Bobby’s sex life.  She cannot interview for anything.  She hogs the camera, talks a mile a minute, and asks personal questions.  8:30 eastern time.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Someone please riddle me this, what’s with these people who don’t know how to cook?

Seriously, WTF?

Right??

I truly didn’t know 30 something’s didn’t know how to cook simple things.  It doesn’t even take imagination!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

Amber’s ridiculous roots are killing me. What would she look like if she were put on an island for a month without makeup and dye??  She’d look absolutely nothing like she currently looks. She wears too much makeup. Her hair would be dark. Her extensions would fall out. Her fake nails would snap off. She couldn’t wear perfume. Dave would not recognize her. 

She'd look better, which I think is the point you're making? If you watch Survivor you'll know exactly what I mean. I'm always floored when I watch the reunion shows and it takes a minute to recognize some of the women with their TV makeup troweled on. 

I'll admit I'm totally jealous of the dog DNA test. I've wanted to do them for my 2 rescues who I can only make educated guesses about. It's interesting, just like the human DNA tests (which I have done)! Bobby and Danielle were both really sweet and thoughtful in their gifts to each other. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

My two cents/armchair diagnosis.

i think the reason this season isn’t good, the reason so many of us don’t like it, is because to some these folks. Mia and Amber aren’t very deserving.  Not to say that people don’t deserve love but most of us were taught fair play, most of us haven’t been arrested for stalking, most of us know to tie long hair back when cooking, or to wash chicken before cooking it, and then wash your hands.  So then here are these folks who don’t know basic sanitary rules, or folks who’ve been arrested, they get picked for the show and it’s okay.  Tristan doesn’t care about Mia lying to him, because God brought them together, Dave doesn’t care if Amber is all “memememe.”  And I think it’s frustrating to see these people we sense shouldn’t be together, be together.  If that makes any sense.

What doesn’t make sense is why this bunch were chosen in the first place.  Those so called experts know shit.  We all would know who goes with who in a flash, I’ll bet.  

• Love 2

Before the word “love” ever begins to form in Tristan’s mouth again, he needs to think back to the fact that Mia‘s antics almost got HIM arrested and charged with harboring a criminal ( I think that was the charge — whatever they would charge him with for taking someone with a warrant out of the country).  Let me tell you something, Tristan: Parents who might send their children to one of your tutoring centers might hesitate if the person who owned those centers had a felony charge.  

• Love 4

Ok so Mia's comment about how much they have grown this month - "learning to communicate, picking each other's noses" - WTF?  Also, her outfit this week was horribly unflattering.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

Danielle has gift giving skills!  That was a really cool, really thoughtful gift for Bobby

Especially compared to that cardboard head Mia gave Tristan. 

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

How about the Jamie show on Unfilteted?  I’ll never watch it again.

This was the first time I watched it. I have to admit Dave and Bobby came off as really nice guys. I tried to ignore Jamie as much as possible. 

• Love 5

Unfiltered: Dave and Bobby With JamieO

Bobby wing manned Dave with preferring brunettes. Fist pumps ??

Dave when discussing Amber’s hair breaking, find they are of like minds of the most obvious and practical solution ...stop killing her hair with dye...says Love you, Bobby....hey Danielle! Dave has no problem telling Bobby the love word...get with the program...

Dave and Bobby are totally simpatico...

Dave is his best self with The Bobster.

Everyone is traumatized by Tristan in those donut shorts and suspenders.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

The girl doesn’t know how to do much.  How did she survive all this time?  Makeup and cosmetics she knows.

Regarding Amber - She doesn't even know makeup and cosmetics too well either, otherwise she would look much better.  Not to mention the ridiculously bad hair.  In some scenes it looks tangled and matted underneath in addition to fried to a crisp.  She also needs a good haircut.  It just couldn't get much worse.  Instead of acting like a victim about it, why doesn't she just make a freaking change already?  It's amazing what a good hair makeover can do for a woman's confidence.  It's not like she's so broke that she couldn't spend a little money on it, plus I'm sure Dave would actually appreciate it.

In addition to being insecure about her hair with Dave, Amber is also insecure about the fact that she's not the homemaker type.  She's worried that this is what he really wants.  I'm not so sure about that, but I'm also not sold on them working out in the end, despite the direction they seem to be going in this episode.  This is the time of the season where the show starts making it look like all the couples are progressing nicely, whether or not they really are.

• Love 5

Dave watching Amber touching the raw chicken and then other food is stomach churning....break out the  Lomotil...1 tab per loose stool up to 12 tabs/day.

Danielle shooting clay birdies is sexy....she should have worn a hat...

Bobby got huffy when he missed.

He was double barreling but still he whiffed.

Tristan...open a tutor club in a Canada...too bad so sad  Mia can’t join you...Brah, make a run for the border.

What is the was the make of Dave’s car?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8