Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, UYI said:

When Dorian (then played by Nancy Pinkerton) and Melinda were first introduced in the early 70's, it was said that their younger sister Agatha ("Addie" for short) had died when she was 13, and that their parents had died when they were still fairly young too, and that they were each other's only family.

Addie was the eldest sister, though. (I thought her nickname came from a tiny Dorian trying to say "Aggie," but maybe that was fan speculation) Was that a retcon?

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Addie was the eldest sister, though. (I thought her nickname came from a tiny Dorian trying to say "Aggie," but maybe that was fan speculation) Was that a retcon?

You're right, Addie WAS the oldest sister, I got it backwards. 

(edited)

When it's Monday again...

ETA...I had also forgotten about that funny bit with the reporter trying to question David about Dorian's Big Gay Announcement, David being all, "By the way, that lady who got defenestrated is fine", and the reporter being all, "Who?".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)

So this clip from 2002 is titled "Jen Loses It!" - and she, uh, certainly does, to the best of Jessica Morris' abilities - but the real story here is Viki reading (a rather unrepentant) Rae up and down for being a lousy fraud of a shrink.  Slezak is just great here:

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

From the reboot, Clint is more than happy to admit (to Viki's hilarious horror) that, yes, he was the one who filed a restraining order keeping Natalie/Liam and John apart.  While I hated how they made Clint the Big Bad here to wash away John's sins (cheating on Natalie, skipping town for months to half-heartedly avenge a retconned relative, etc.), I love the fire Jerry ver Dorn brings to this announcement.

• Love 2

For those of you who don't know (probably all of you but me, let's be real), this month marks the 30th anniversary of Max & Gabrielle's wedding in 1990--and while I'll ALWAYS be bitter that we never got a wedding with JDP's Max & Gabrielle, I'd glad that they did actually make it down the aisle, even if they were only married for less than a year. Their wedding was held at the Bingham Inn, the bed and breakfast Max took her to the previous February after convincing Gabrielle not to go forward with her vows to become a nun.

The priest, Father Tony Vallone, is played by John Viscardi, Fiona Hutchison's husband since 1994.

7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

From the reboot, Clint is more than happy to admit (to Viki's hilarious horror) that, yes, he was the one who filed a restraining order keeping Natalie/Liam and John apart.  While I hated how they made Clint the Big Bad here to wash away John's sins (cheating on Natalie, skipping town for months to half-heartedly avenge a retconned relative, etc.), I love the fire Jerry ver Dorn brings to this announcement.

LMAO. “One day she’ll thank me.” The confidence is just delightful.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Viki's double-hands-to-the-face, horrified "Clint!" XD 

I was just a tad late to the show so JVD is the only Clint I knew, and he was one of my favorites. He + Natalie was always good stuff.

(edited)

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that Alan Locher is doing another OLTL reunion TODAY at 2 PM Eastern! As always, you can watch the video on YouTube once the live stream is over. :)

It features:

Melissa Archer (Natalie)--the one I assume most of you is most excited to see, lol (I'm happy to see her too, but that pales compared to my excitement for Fiona, of course, which I'm sure you can understand.)--Attention @TeeVee329, @Melgaypet,  @dubbel zout, and @peachmangosteen (who I see ha already liked this post!) in particular! 

Kirk Geiger (Kevin)

Chris McKenna (Joey)

Erin Torpey (Jessica) (I am REALLY excited to see her!)

This does make me think that maybe the rumors of tension between MA and ET were overblown, and Erin truly did just leave the show after giving it both the later years of her childhood and all of her teenage years, and she just needed to move on.

Also: I realize that MA and ET (mainly MA, probably) are the two you guys are probably the most familiar with, so having an older "Joey" and "Kevin" might make you less likely to be interested, even with MA on board, but I wanted to let you guys now about this anyway. It's a Buchanan kids family reunion in particular, and if nothing else, having ET there links everyone together regarding their earlier and middle years, while MA can take over for the final decade of the show. I can see the logic behind that. 

Anyway, here's the video:

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

I watched it live because I had nothing else to do lol.

First of all, KG and CM are fine as hell!

I found ET irritating. She just has a very snooty vibe imo. Also, her story of her mom telling them that if Jessica had sex at 16 then there had to be a consequence was such a bad take and I felt like everyone else looked so cringed out when she told it.

MA's smile lights me up, man! She just smiles with her entire face. But, girl, John was Natalie's one true love?! STOP!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I watched it live because I had nothing else to do lol.

First of all, KG and CM are fine as hell!

I found ET irritating. She just has a very snooty vibe imo. Also, her story of her mom telling them that if Jessica had sex at 16 then there had to be a consequence was such a bad take and I felt like everyone else looked so cringed out when she told it.

MA's smile lights me up, man! She just smiles with her entire face. But, girl, John was Natalie's one true love?! STOP!

Aw, I love Erin. I don't think she meant that story about her mom as something that she necessarily felt herself, it was just how her mom was trying to protect her (although I do remember her saying that when the show first wanted Cris & Jess to have sex, Erin was VERY uncomfortable and not ready to play that out yet, so it wasn't until Will & Jess slept together a few years later that she played that out--it's definitely a bit weird of her mom--while still protective--but I don't think Erin necessarily feels that way herself; I hope not, anyway).

I can't help it. I've always adored her, and there's SO much shit that would have never happened to Jess had Erin not left the show (even past the sexual abuse/DID stuff, the relationship with Antonio would have CERTAINLY never happened with Erin--blech), although I understand why she did, after growing up on the show.

I guess I can't really be surprised that Melissa said that Natalie belonged to John, but I certainly don't agree with that! I wish Nat's relationship with Cris had come up, but given that David Fumero is Erin's ex-boyfriend in real life (combined with who his wife is now), I can't see why it didn't, lol. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

But, girl, John was Natalie's one true love?! STOP!

Melissa Archer, you spit out that Kool-Aid right this minute!

Having not watched yet...when was Kirk Geiger Kevin?  During the KAD rape trial?  During Cassie?

And how come they never tried to get Chris McKenna back as adult Joey in the later years?  I think that could have worked.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Having not watched yet...when was Kirk Geiger Kevin?  During the KAD rape trial?  During Cassie?

KG was rape trial Kevin, also the dated Rachel Kevin. Kevin Stapleton was the seduced Cassie away from Andrew Kevin.

(edited)
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

1992-1994 (so yes, the Spring Fling/rape trial), and Kevin Stapleton was from 1996-1998 and seduced Cassie away from Andrew during 1996-1997, as @Melgaypet said above. Kirk Geiger was fired in 1994 for being too short (!!!!), so Jack Armstrong was brought in as Kevin from 1994-1995, followed by a horrible duh-faced model/blatantly NOT an actor named Ken Kenitzer for a brief stint in 1995. After about a year, KS was brought on, then JFP fired him in favor of her friend Timothy Gibbs in 1998. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And how come they never tried to get Chris McKenna back as adult Joey in the later years?  I think that could have worked.

He's had a lot of steady work in movies (not the most high profile, but still) and TV over the years, so he may not have necessarily considered it until he got Y&R. I mean, maybe he would have, who knows. 

Edited by UYI

If it had gone on, I'd say that John was what Max was to Blair; and Jared was her Todd.  I think that John and Natalie had supercouple level chemistry and could do good angst; but I felt that Jared and Natalie fit better together.  They had great chemistry, they could do angst, they could be sweet, and they could be funny.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I should clarify what I said earlier about Kirk Geiger being fired over his height: When Chris McKenna was fired in 1993, Nathan Fillion replaced him a year later, and I guess the show wanted a Kevin who wasn't dwarfed by his younger brother, and Jack Armstrong filled the bill in that regard. Unfortunately, he never caught on--not because he was bad, but I think because he was seen as being just "there", or "meh." That probably looked more appealing after KK's Kevin crashed and burned, though. 

It is sad that KG being shorter than NF cost him his job, though. 

Also: KG mentioned how he and Yasmine Bleeth (Lee Ann) didn't work together for very long, so I guess it was Joey Thrower's Kevin that lost his virginity to her and got her pregnant with Duke. I'm not sure if was his Kevin or Matthew Vipond's Kevin who was involved with Carlo Hesser's niece Stephanie Hobart, though--MV's Kevin was there from 1990-1991, while JT's Kevin was there from 1991-1992; Kevin & Stephanie were briefly involved in 1991, so I'm not sure.

I DO know, though, that Stephanie was played by Robyn Griggs, who later got fired from Another World after being seen publicly with the infamous John Wayne Bobbitt. 

One more piece of trivia: The late Jonathan Brandis briefly played Kevin as a kid from 1982-1983. 

Edited by UYI
11 hours ago, UYI said:

Kirk Geiger was fired in 1994 for being too short (!!!!) ...

LOL!

I'm surprised KG didn't get asked about or talk about the rape storyline. That's one of OLTL's biggest ones and they were talking about other stories that had impacts. Weird. Although, maybe I just missed it, I was sorta half paying attention a lot of the time lol.

(edited)
11 hours ago, UYI said:

He's had a lot of steady work in movies (not the most high profile, but still) and TV over the years, so he may not have necessarily considered it until he got Y&R. I mean, maybe he would have, who knows. 

Ah, see, I thought his Y&R stint was closer to the time they recast Joey that last time with Tom Degnan, but looking it up, that was a few years later.  And maybe, presuming he was living and working in LA, he didn't want to move back to NY.  Still, I've seen him in some guest spots and I think he could have been a compelling older Joey.  He would have had more oomf than Degnan, IMO.

Thanks for the backstory on the Kevins.  Sorry, other Kevins, but my Kevin is now and always Dan Gauthier.

And speaking of Kevin...

49 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm surprised KG didn't get asked about or talk about the rape storyline. That's one of OLTL's biggest ones and they were talking about other stories that had impacts.

This reminded me, and I'm sure it was discussed at the time over on TWoP, but it's kinda crazy Kevin had no presence in the 2009 KAD Killer story, even as a fly-in appearance.  Neither did Rachel, really, even though she arrived with two months or so left in it.  Sure, you had the originals in Powell and Zach, but if you're already dealing with a recast Todd and then decide to recast Rebecca, I don't think anyone would have minded Gauthier and Duplaix being in there.

And now I'm imagining Kevin and Kyle/Fish interaction re: their brotherhoods in KAD.  They could have gotten beers and talked about how they think Kim marrying Clint is nutso!  Kyle could have mentioned he knows Natalie because he blackmailed her slash stripped at her bachelorette party! 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

It should be noted here that Alan Locher's primary two shows were/are GL and ATWT, so I always knew going in that he may not get into as much story for OLTL as often does for those two shows. It's unfortunate, but I always have to remember that. 

I guess I can sorta kinda see why MA would consider John the love of Natalie's life. (Even though it was obviously Jared, c'mon girl.) He was around for a long time and the show kept going back to that relationship. Even though John sucked and I would even say was emotionally abusive.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, he clearly had pretty much no knowledge of OLTL lol.

OTOH, I know he's doing these reunions as a gift to the fans, and as a way to reach out to soap fans outside of the ATWT/GL fan bases, so I absolutely appreciate him for that (I mean, I got to see Fiona again because of him--he basically made my YEAR for that alone!).

And hell, it's not like we're going to get Entertainment Weekly holding reunions for this show like they did for AMC recently. Alan at least cares about us, LMAO.

Side note: Fiona said to Justin Deas in the GL reunion she did that he was her favorite screen partner. She may have just meant on GL specifically, but I don't think so. I know she absolutely loved working with JDP, but my Max & Gabrielle loving heart broke a bit that day all the same. :'( 

Ew, bad choice for a follow-up:

I mean, I loved me some Lindsay, but otherwise, nooope.  I actually just watched some old-school OLTL today that reminded me how much I didn't like Will.

My vote is for a LOCK reunion!

• Love 2

YAY for Cat! Definitely looking forward to seeing her.

I will say this about Jessica Morris: She and Melissa Archer became really close early on (they joined the show within a few months of each other in 2001), and evidently still are to this day. That's really sweet. :) 

2 hours ago, UYI said:

I will say this about Jessica Morris: She and Melissa Archer became really close early on (they joined the show within a few months of each other in 2001), and evidently still are to this day. That's really sweet. 🙂

That is always kinda fun, when actors who play bitter rivals on these shows are besties in real life.

My mind is also remembering something about some weird web series they did together a few years ago?  Or, like, a viral video or something?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That is always kinda fun, when actors who play bitter rivals on these shows are besties in real life.

My mind is also remembering something about some weird web series they did together a few years ago?  Or, like, a viral video or something?

Yeah, it was some weird video where they were clearly drunk and/or high off their asses--maybe it was scripted, maybe not. It's posted somewhere some pages back either in this thread or the Outside Llanview thread (not that I need to see it again, really--it was weird). 

(edited)

Now I'm sitting here thinking how I'd rank the Rappaports, after Lindsay, in order of most liked to least liked.  And maybe Jen is #2?  Because Sam sucked (though he was more bearable after the recast) and Will super suuucked (or maybe i just feel that way today because I refreshed my memory on him).  And while Jen was annoying a lot of of the time, I feel like she had some soapier stories with enjoyable elements as the heavy opposite Cris/Natalie and finding out her mom was banging Rex.  And I do vaguely remember her and that Riley guy being kinda cute during the Love House summer.  So yeah...weird, but I think that's right.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I do kind of hope now that we get a reunion with Hillary, Bob, Cat and Ty--that would be great!

And of course, I'm still holding out my pipe dream of a reunion with Andrea, John, James, and Fiona (ideally, couples episodes with each couple solo, but that might be TOO big a dream, haha). 

(edited)
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ew, bad choice for a follow-up:

I mean, I loved me some Lindsay, but otherwise, nooope.  I actually just watched some old-school OLTL today that reminded me how much I didn't like Will.

My vote is for a LOCK reunion!

Who ordered this and can we return them for some Lords? I LOL'd when I saw this on twitter. I do love Lindsay/Cat. But she should have been with RSW and HBS. Jason Shane Scott and Jessica Morris played lovers in some Lifetime movie, which was weirdly amusing.

Edited by Gigi43
(edited)

Jessica Morris was in a web soap where she played the girlfriennd of Alicia Minshew (Kendall, AMC) who was inevitably going to get dumped for Sarah Joy Brown. Melissa Archer was also there, playing the trophy wife of Alicia's grandfather. I think she called her Nana at one point.

Jessica had not improved noticably from the Jen days, I gotta say. John-Paul Lavoisier was in it too, I think.

ETA: Speaking of Chris McKenna:

chrismckenna.jpg.c87a45de3d70dea54147737d5993e0c7.jpg

Edited by Melgaypet

Clint Ritchie was wonderful, and the OG Clint, but I really loved JvD's iteration.

JvD is ok and all, but Clint Ritchie will always be the "real" Clint for me.

The Rappadavidsons in general sucked. Lindsey was a fun villain, but the rest, hooboy. They took over the show and I wasn't that sad when most of them were killed off and went away.

• Love 1
(edited)

When Jen was killed off in 2005, it was during the time period when I wasn't watching the show (I stopped watching in 2003-2004 when all my Holdens were either killed off or moved away, and only came back in 2008, after a brief return for the three episodes where Max returned for Asa's funeral in 2007--you best believe I returned for THAT!), and while I didn't really like her all that much, I still felt the way she was murdered was a bit TOO graphic, once I actually watched it on YouTube years later.

I will ALWAYS love how Lindsay killed Sam in 2003, though. Entering Blair's bedroom (don't ask), half crazed out of her mind for Troy, intent on shooting him dead ("Goodbye, Troy!"), only for him to not be there, so she accidentally killed Sam instead. I still remember the awkward way he collapsed on the bed in the dark, LMAO. 

Edited by UYI
7 hours ago, UYI said:

When Jen was killed off in 2005, it was during the time period when I wasn't watching the show

I also wasn't watching regularly at that time and I remember being surprised when I read they killed her off, given how much of a push she was getting for a while, although I guess the writing was on the wall given her pairing with Riley was C-story level.

So Jen was murdered.  As was Sam.  Lindsay is in prison, though her good deeds at the end of ABC OLTL seemed to indicate she might get sprung early.  What happened to Will again?  Is he also in jail?  I remember something about him stealing money from the charity foundation for his and Jessica's baby?

(edited)
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I also wasn't watching regularly at that time and I remember being surprised when I read they killed her off, given how much of a push she was getting for a while, although I guess the writing was on the wall given her pairing with Riley was C-story level.

So Jen was murdered.  As was Sam.  Lindsay is in prison, though her good deeds at the end of ABC OLTL seemed to indicate she might get sprung early.  What happened to Will again?  Is he also in jail?  I remember something about him stealing money from the charity foundation for his and Jessica's baby?

He broke up with Jessica in 2001 and left town (I think he moved to California?). He briefly returned for Sam's funeral two years later, though. He and Bree's Jessica (who had just started on the show shortly before that) had a scene at Megan's gravestone. 

But no, he didn't go to jail. 

Edited by UYI

Sam, Jenn, Ben, and Grace (Sam and Ben’s sister, don’t remember if Grace was her name) all died. Lindsey and Will were pretty lucky in that regard.

10 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Sam, Jenn, Ben, and Grace (Sam and Ben’s sister, don’t remember if Grace was her name) all died. Lindsey and Will were pretty lucky in that regard.

Grace was her name, yes. And what's crazy is that she was introduced just a few months before that, and then the fact that she drowned was supposed to be some big deal, even though she wasn't on the show long enough for anyone to really care! 

But they did care! Joey and Kevin were getting into fist fights over her lol

Honestly, she was just a prop to make Asa look like an even worse heel in the whole “feud” with the Rappadavidsons. Everyone blamed him for her death. Her death served its purpose, propping up her family while making Asa look as bad he could.

2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

But they did care! Joey and Kevin were getting into fist fights over her lol

Joey and Kevin, yes. The audience, no, lol. 

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The last time he was on the show was in 2007 or 2008 when Lindsay faked a breakdown to avoid going to prison for killing Spencer Truman.  I believe that he said that he was working as a lawyer in California.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:52 PM, UYI said:

Grace was her name, yes. And what's crazy is that she was introduced just a few months before that, and then the fact that she drowned was supposed to be some big deal, even though she wasn't on the show long enough for anyone to really care! 

Ugh, Grace. Her death scenes dragged out for, like, an entire week.

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Spencer is a character I mostly missed, though I recall clapping eyes on at least one of the Paiges.

Yeah, both Spencer and Paige (all three of them!) were during my hiatus from the show, too.