Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

My dad died on the 24th and today I went back to watch the Asa’s Funeral episodes. Seems counterintuitive, but I found it comforting. Dad was a Texan, but not much like Asa (in personality he was much more like Bo at his best: quiet, solid, compassionate, surprisingly funny. I never really made that association before, but maybe that’s why I always loved Bo, despite some bullshit.) 

It’s been a rough week. It might be silly, but I wish I had new OLTL to watch. It’s not like GH is comfort viewing.

So sorry, @Melgaypet! That was in my very early OLTL days in 2001, when I was 12. A great episode, for sure. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I saw this Natalie/Cris/Jen promo from 2002 on Twitter and OMG is it hot!:

The sizzle between Natalie and Cristian from her just brushing past him...GAH!  Stupid Jen didn't stand a lick of a chance.

YES! I still remember this. They were my favorite couple back then for sure, I will NEVER understand their implosion, following by what was more or less a total erasing of their entire relationship having even existed by the time the show ended. I mean, seriously. They would share scenes together and it was like no one even knew they had ever even been a couple, let alone been MARRIED. So stupid.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

Nora is back on General Hospital this week, representing Dr. Kevin Collins. At 2:18, Kevin mentions that "Dr. Saybrooke" speaks highly of her, and Nora calls Marty a dear friend - clearly Marty is well, free and no longer killing people. Hooray!

• Love 1

As I said in the Other Roles thread, I'm really having fun imagining Kevin (Collins) and Marty seeing each other at conferences, getting coffee, and gossiping about the soapy insanity going on in their respective towns.

And I'm enjoying Nora using her powers for good (helping Kevin and giving my beloved Lucy Coe more screen time) instead of evil (prolonging our exposure to Valentin).

(edited)

I missed this from Nora's last GH stint - start of the clip, Nora explains Matthew and Destiny are engaged.

(It also seems to be implied that Dani is Nora's paralegal, but a last name and gender aren't mentioned so I'm not buying it. The law is not Dani's scene IMO)

Nora also mentions "the Clyde Tuggle case" - as in Billy Clyde Tuggle from AMC.

Edited by jsbt
3 hours ago, jsbt said:

The law is not Dani's scene IMO

Not at all. Stop trying to force connections, Show.

3 hours ago, jsbt said:

Nora also mentions "the Clyde Tuggle case" - as in Billy Clyde Tuggle from AMC.

RIP, Matthew Cowles. He terrified me as Billy Clyde Tuggle. (Cowles was married to the goddess Christine Baranski.)

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Not at all. Stop trying to force connections, Show.

Many of the GH staff writers are from Ron and Frank's OLTL so I assume it is a reference to Téa, as well as that one horrible episode near the end where Starr and Dani got dressed up in power suits and posed as Téa's 'associates' in court. I assume that was their suggestion that Dani would follow in her mother's footsteps. Well, I watched OLTL 2.0, I remember Hurricane Dani and I ain't buyin' it!

(edited)

I said this in the Other Roles thread, but the most interesting thing about Dani possibly being Nora's paralegal was wondering why she wouldn't be working with Tea.

I do vaguely remember her studying psychology on PP OLTL, I think she and Jack had some convo about it in relation to their messed-up family.

Edited by TeeVee329
29 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I just don't remotely buy that Dani has gotten civilized, lol.

Well, if she's out of her sugar daddy phase, I can see her being calmer. But that doesn't mean she's going to become a paralegal.

Yeah, I don't have a clear picture of what profession Dani would pursue.  Or Destiny either.  Matthew, I thought, made sense becoming Clint's right hand at BE, also allowing for continued tension between Clint and Bo about it.

(edited)

My take (and angle for yet another unlikely OLTL revival) is that Destiny, upon doing clerical work at all hours for Viki at the Banner on OLTL 2.0, would become a journalist/social activist at the paper.

Dani, feeling abandoned by Matthew and misunderstood by her family, fucked off to Europe with the sinister Arturo Bandini for several years, and would return a troubled socialite with dark secrets and possibly Bandini's murder under her belt. And thus the triangle between the three childhood friends who are now the leads (with Matthew and Destiny either engaged or married) would remain central to the show.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Oddly, I feel like Dani is the kid most likely to follow Todd into tabloid journalism.

I can see that.

Starr's off being an Adventure Biologist.

Jack is... coming out, preferably.

Sam...? Still young I would guess.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, jsbt said:

Dani, feeling abandoned by Matthew and misunderstood by her family, fucked off to Europe with the sinister Arturo Bandini for several years, and would return a troubled socialite with dark secrets and possibly Bandini's murder under her belt. And thus the triangle between the three childhood friends who are now the leads (with Matthew and Destiny either engaged or married) would remain central to the show.

I could see that, Dani returning kinda like Carly did to "Days of our Lives" years ago.  We see a violent confrontation between Dani and Arturo where they're struggling over a weapon, Arturo ends up dead, and he uses his dying breath to hint at some dark secret of Dani's.

jsbt, would you keep Jeffrey in the mix or would he be long gone?

Edited by TeeVee329
(edited)

Gone. Corbin Bleu isn't coming back. But most importantly, there is no way to play past cliffhangers or complex storylines from a short-lived online revival which only half the audience at best watched effectively years later, especially without the Todds, who would definitely be gone post-#MeToo (and would have a storyline pertaining to that movement in their absence). You'd just explain the cartel/conspiracy plot in a few lines of dialogue in passing - oh, remember that time years ago when an evil conspiracy tried to take over the family, back when Dani ran away with a rich older man, etc.

Edited by jsbt

Yeah, I see your point.  As much as I liked the way they weaved Jeffrey in - having him be a friend of Matthew and Dani's from their stint at boarding school was a really great touch, and those relationships felt very lived-in and real - it would be hard to pick that back up, especially where we left him.

I do wish we could know where the writers were going.  What was Catfish Michelle's deal?  What was Alison going to do with Clint and Natalie?

• Love 1
On 5/20/2019 at 7:06 PM, jsbt said:

Gone. Corbin Bleu isn't coming back. But most importantly, there is no way to play past cliffhangers or complex storylines from a short-lived online revival which only half the audience at best watched effectively years later, especially without the Todds, who would definitely be gone post-#MeToo (and would have a storyline pertaining to that movement in their absence). You'd just explain the cartel/conspiracy plot in a few lines of dialogue in passing - oh, remember that time years ago when an evil conspiracy tried to take over the family, back when Dani ran away with a rich older man, etc. 

Bringing this discussion over from the other roles thread.

I can't believe it's been six years. It feels like yesterday. But yeah, in a mythical next reboot, those cliffhangers can't really be resolved as if they had just happened. And I hate to lose Jeffrey, because he was my favorite new character, but it's true that it would just impossible to deal with him without dealing with the whole Triskelion organization story.

And I also agree that having the Victor and Todd around as leads today would be...awkward at best. We've talked about this before, haven't we? I don't know what I'd do with them though. Maybe they're both missing, presumed dead. But that mystery would be a background thing, not a big umbrella story.

What I would keep is the journalism focus. Have multiple people working at the Banner and the Sun. Viki, Jessica (yes, I'd have her back), Destiny at the Banner. Dani could come back with a plan to revitalize the Sun, maybe with Arturo's drug money. She could meet a guy there (as well as being involved with Matthew.)

In fact, I think workplaces should play an important part of everyone's story. Besides the papers, BE would have Clint, Natalie, Kevin, and Matthew. Nightclubs for Blair, Cutter, and RJ. (RJ and Blair could have a rivalry that turns into a sexy, adult romance.) The LPD has Bo, Fish, and a new female detective, with Nora as DA. (And maybe Dorian is mayor again). Brody (who is happily married to Jessica) could be the town PI. Over at Llanview Hospital there's Kyle and Schuyler and maybe as residents Starr and a Wolek kid who is hiding who she is, Larry would make a few appearances with his granddaughter. Also I picture this kid as half-Korean. (I also have a possibly crazy idea that Kim takes over the Palace, maybe as a wedding gift from Clint. Yeah, I see them getting married again. She does a good job with it, too.)

A drug cartel story could tie all these together but maybe that's too repetitive? But it really is perfect. That was a good idea the reboot had.

(edited)

I talked about this before a long time ago, but AFAIC for all intents and purposes Todd would be dead. A mystery might arise out of his soap-death at some point, but not for ages. (You could even say he died stopping the shadow conspiracy - just refer to it as 'the people that were after him') Blair would have the Sun. Victor would be in a psych ward, his multi-fractal personality having finally snapped. There would be an opening umbrella story angled around #MeToo and both Todd and Victor, and the question of if they continued to perpetrate sexual violence years after their family thought they'd reformed, when some accusers come forward claiming both men assaulted them at different times as Todd Manning - it's a nasty question and one I think the show, with its history, would have to lean into in this day and age, and it would not end in absolute exoneration either or paint the women as liars. The family would be split, Blair and Téa would reexamine everything, Starr would make a brief (because I can't deal with Kristen full time) return and be her father's premiere booster. And you might see a cameo from Howarth as a figment of someone's imagination during that, or Victor might break out briefly and cause drama. But that'd be it for them. At least for a long time.

I wouldn't seriously consider bringing back either character regularly for at least a few years. It would also have to be ascertained whether there is a semi-regular place for Howarth or the character of Todd in the current environment, and I'm not sure there is. It could certainly never be the same. You can't have your leads being rapist twin brothers.

Edited by jsbt
On 5/26/2019 at 5:10 PM, jsbt said:

You can't have your leads being rapist twin brothers.

I agree, you can't. But I just don't have any desire to see a #MeToo story with either as the accused. I feel like that's well-trodden ground for both. Maybe that's cowardly or irresponsible of me, I don't know, but there it is. I think a better way to go might be to finally do the Blair's father story, with Blair and Addie as the center. Todd and Victor should be brought up as part of the conversation, sure, but they themselves stay offscreen.

peach, the episodes are still on Youtube. Here's the first:

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 6:28 PM, Melgaypet said:

(I also have a possibly crazy idea that Kim takes over the Palace, maybe as a wedding gift from Clint. Yeah, I see them getting married again. She does a good job with it, too.)

I picture Kim opening a temp agency a la the one Roseanne and Linda Hunt start in the so-awful-it's-awesome movie "She-Devil", helping her sister strippers get off the pole.  Now sure, maybe some of those ladies got themselves hitched to rich, powerful men too, who can say!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
On 5/26/2019 at 6:10 PM, jsbt said:

I wouldn't seriously consider bringing back either character regularly for at least a few years. It would also have to be ascertained whether there is a semi-regular place for Howarth or the character of Todd in the current environment, and I'm not sure there is. It could certainly never be the same. You can't have your leads being rapist twin brothers.

I would be okay with Todd in small (but regular) doses, pretty much as he was. He paid for his crimes (at least in soap terms) and everyone knew he was a work in process.  He was also still a pariah to some people - and that was okay. 

Of course, if Todd had been a serial killer, all would be forgiven by now. 

• Love 2

Gabrielle baby switch story with the dead Garrick Grande and the living Steven (Holden, Jr.) MacGillis took place in 1989 (and would, amazingly, be the last baby switch story on the show until the 2003-2004 crossover story with AMC), so here's the famous clip (albeit heavily edited--there's a scene of Gabrielle getting tortured by other inmates in jail before it, which was obviously before/separate from the other scene since she's in that one, too) of Max confessing her love for her on the stand, which sends his then-fiancee Megan running out of the courtroom in tears.

I really do wish it was the possible to find Max's full testimony somewhere, because the Fiona Fest website (a fan site for who know who back in the day) had it up in its entirety, way before YouTube in the form of a RealPlayer clip. That's how long ago we're talking, here.

And side note: yes, it is weird being 30 years old and knowing those babies were the same age as me at the time, lol.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Also: Tina testifies during the trial on a behalf of her best friend, going into detail about Gabrielle giving birth to Al and the drama surrounding it--something Max never fully understood until that very moment.

STILL bitter Tina never mentioned her late friend or her passing upon either her 2008 or 2011 returns, especially to Cord. HATE.

• Love 1

LOL!     OLTL Dorian immediately came to mind when I heard of this hurricane.  It's just been upgraded to a hurricane, expected to hit most of Florida in the next day or two.  

Let's hope that Hurricane Dorian causes less damage than OLTL Dorian.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hello Everyone

I apologise that my first post is a request butt I am in need of BIG help.

I am a huge fan of Robert (Wortham) Krimmer who played Andrew and have heard about many notable storylines.

Could anyone give me an episodic 'highlights' with dates at all?

Many thanks.

In a bit of a quarantine funk today, so went to one of my OLTL happy places - Natalie hitting the roof when she finds out Clint married Kim:

Especially amusing to me on this rewatch was Viki Miss Manners-ing around the whole time.  Her growly "Naaattttalie!" when Nat snarled about Kim signing a prenup was too perfect.

• Love 3

My happy place is scenes between Dorian and Viki. Just 2 talented actresses acting the hell out of their scenes. Up there with Jill & Katherine from Y&R as one of the best rivalries ever.

• Love 3

I watched this again recently. This originally aired in February of 1990--30 years ago this year! I would love to see Fiona included in one of the online GL reunions that have been going recently (especially if it means some side talk on OLTL!), but knowing that she hasn't been on social media since 2012, and that she reportedly turned down being interviewed for the book Jeff Giles wrote on this show that same year, I have no hope. 😢

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

Saw this promo going around on Twitter. How much of a shaft will OLTL get in this look back at soaps ABC is doing on May 19th? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJhtEuhFaBE

I posted about that on the GH thread! I want to hope that they'll at least mention Tommy Lee Jones, Laurence Fishburne, Judith Light, Blair Underwood, and Nathan Fillion (although I'm not as crazy about him as most, sorry guys!) starting on the show. I know fans of other shows can get exhausted hearing us calling OLTL the redheaded stepchild of ABC Daytime, though. At least the final week in 2012 got huge ratings.

Here's the thread I started on the special too, if any of you are interested. 🙂 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
(edited)

I saw one tiny clip from OLTL there pausing it real quick, and ironically, it was from the "Fraternity Row" fantasy episode towards the end of ABC OLTL.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Nathan Fillion

I'm not a huge fan of his, but I loved his Joey with Dorian. Even though she was using him at first, the chemistry they had together was amazing. Then they stuck him with GT's Kelly, and it just fell so flat.

• Love 1

I actually thought his Joey and Gina's Kelly were adorable together, at least the little I've seen of them, oops. *hides* 

Edited by UYI
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's interesting, I feel like whenever anyone talks about Joey, it's about the affair with Dorian.  The character never really got much traction outside of that, be it because of actors who didn't click, bad writing, bad pairings (Jenn Rappaport!), the focus coming off of him (and Kevin too, really, although not as much) and on to folks like Todd and McBain, etc.  I mean, poor Joey's fictional life ended with a lame reunion with Kelly and then he was off to help raise his brother's/nephew's child with her.

If the show ever reboots again, I want a scene where Kevin and Joey and Zane come pouring into Llanfair with all their suitcases and are like, "Yeah, we need to be on another continent from Kelly."  

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I feel so guilty about my Gina Tognoni/Kelly love right now, I feel like you guys are going to look at me differently from now on! lol

I should say that this has nothing to do with the older woman/younger man dynamic--I LOVE younger men; my ex-boyfriend was younger than me (by only four years, but still). I just--I don't know. I feel like Dorian should have wound up back with either Herb or Mel (and really, I think Mel could've EASILY been brought back; I don't think his body was ever found after the plane crash that "killed" him). I got SO tired for her relationship with David by the time the show ended; it became a joke to me. 

• Love 1

I didn't have a problem with Gina Tognoni/Kelly, I just didn't think she had the same chemistry with Nathan Fillion's Joey the way Robin Strasser did. Dorian and Joey definitely shouldn't have been endgame, but the were great together at the time, and I felt Kelly and Joey right after just felt so forced.

I did like Dorian and Mel, and yes, I too wish they had brought him back for Dorian as well.

In fairness, there's a lot of Kelly (all three versions) that I either haven't seen/haven't watched in a long time, so I might feel differently if I were to go back and watch/re watch a lot of her stuff. 😄

And I realize my wording about Dorian/Joey was a bit confusing; I don't think there are many people out there, if any, who wanted them to end up together, but the emphasis on her and David (even with TW's frequent absences) to the expense of any revisit to relationships of hers like Herb or Mel is something that has always surprised me. 

And then, like I said before, I admit to some Nathan Fillion fatigue over the years; I'm thrilled he reps for his old show and soap roots, but...eh.