Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Weak

• Start Topic

Regarding the tainted water, any seasoned traveler knows, you never drink from  a bottle with a ‘broken’ security tab,  when Aaron left Rick and the gang bottles of water on the road, I think it was Abe who stopped someone from drinking some, the rest being poured onto the ground.

• Love 4
On 03/09/2018 at 1:15 AM, Iguessnot said:

What was so special about Al's backstory that needed all this buildup? 

When they were sitting in the road and Al's van drove by, why weren't the keys in the ignition? Al was just driving and they only momentarily stopped.

Why would June leave Al in the car with two doors open? 

Al was carrying the walkie talkie when she dragged herself out of the truck, so why would she throw it on the ground so far from the trunk?

It looked rather silly for the walker to crawl up Al instead of biting her in the leg, thigh or stomach. Additionally instead of pulling her knife before the walker got to her, she waits to wrestle with it before attempting to grab her weapon. 

I guess the show is just going to ignore the logistics of how the guy in the wheelchair gets in and out of the truck.

How did Morgan get his staff back? 

If they are headed to Virginia, why did Morgan say they were heading west on that highway? 

Why Al didn't have a solar charger for the walkie talkies, camera and other goodies?

solarpanelphone.jpg

• Love 1
On 03/09/2018 at 8:17 AM, JackONeill said:

And where was everyone, and where is everyone? Texas, if that’s where they still are, is a big state. Yet there seems to only be one road. And at a point everyone seems to run into one another on THAT particular road.

So, next week, we’ll see John and Strand’s excellent adventure, then it’ll be the following week (maybe) when everyone gets together.

Fi-M-Wizard-Of-Oz-Trivia-480i60_480x270.

Edited by heisenberg
  • Love 3

Wanted to say Hi before I sign out Heisenberg.....you must be from the AMC site also, No??:)….Watching Better Call Saul??...We're slowly seeing major characters from BB...I'm guessing Next year we'll see Jesse and maybe Walter..:)..Have a Good night!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, jingles13 said:

Wanted to say Hi before I sign out Heisenberg.....you must be from the AMC site also, No??:)….Watching Better Call Saul??...We're slowly seeing major characters from BB...I'm guessing Next year we'll see Jesse and maybe Walter..:)..Have a Good night!

I am not on the AMC site but I do love Better Call Saul and this week was fantastic.  We might see Walter and Jesse sooner than we think given the timeline but I am not in a hurry appreciating every second of it.

Good Night!

Edited by heisenberg
1 minute ago, icemiser69 said:

What did he bring the fuel back in?  That diesel guzzling vehicle couldn't go very far on a couple of gallons in a gas can.

Texas to Virginia is about 1400 miles?   That's a lot of gallons of diesel to provide for a zombie world.   That is mostly why I got fedup watching those two shows (FTWD, TWD) I still watch it by habit more than anything, hoping that some normal people with skills and technology will appear in the scenery...  But my hopes are mostly gone.

The worst is that this week I watched FTWD right after Better call Saul.   I went from a show where every details counts and has to be credible to... well you know...  That was akward!

• Love 1

Maybe I was sleepy and I missed something but, did Morgan had a car full of gas and provisions that he left for walking because of a small tree crossing the road? 

If so, he could have pull it from one side with a rope attach to the car or cut it in ten minutes with a saw,  but he left everything there to... Walk?..  1400 miles?

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I wonder how many people knew that I was referring to the old Manfred Mann song, "Mighty Quinn"?  Even to this day, it is still a pretty good tune.

Written by Bob Dylan, and supposedly inspired by a movie, The Savage Innocents, in which Anthony Quinn plays an Eskimo.

On 9/3/2018 at 2:28 PM, OoohMaggie said:

From Madison going up in smoke to Sunday’s show is approximately 36 days. Just for the info, the show is now set at two years, three and a half months after the outbreak.

S9 of the main show will be set almost three years after the outbreak.

You are the bomb OOOHMaggie! What would we do without your astute observations on all these shows. Too bad you live over the pond and can't chat in real time with all us. 

On 9/2/2018 at 9:09 PM, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Strand and John return next week, thank goodness.

Yes! I apologize for being a broken record on some of these threads, but - as John Dorie is my favorite character now, it really bummed me out that he was absent (sans that small appearance on Al's video that June watched in the van) for THREE EPISODES IN A ROW!!! 

They're under-utilizing one of their best / most loved characters (Dorie) on this show, the way the original show (TWD) under-utilized theirs (Daryl Dixon).

Edit and P.S.

Strand is another character I like, and I've missed him too. It will be nice to see him again.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:08 PM, raven said:

New crazy lady is crazy.

I guess Al is still sick/bit?  I like Al, hope she makes it.

It didn't dawn on me until after the show went off, but I think Al is sick because I think she drank a bottle of water from one of those "Take what you need, Leave what you don't" boxes, and that Crazy Lady tainted it with grody water beforehand (they showed her tainting another bottle of water and putting it back in the box).

At least I assume that is what happened.

June didn't get sick, so maybe she did not drink from one of those water bottles.

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale

Is the plan to have the June/Naomi character just so unlikable (and equally dull) that it makes the audience long for the return of Madison Clark? 

If it is, it's working on me.

• Love 3
On 9/2/2018 at 9:15 PM, SimoneS said:

@raven, so I am not the only one who thinks that Al might have been bitten, maybe she is just sick. 

I think what happened is that Al drank a bottle of water that was tampered with by the Crazy Lady.

They showed later in the episode that the Crazy Lady was adding dirty water to clean bottles of water and putting them back in the boxes marked "Take what you need, Leave what you don't."

On 9/3/2018 at 5:36 AM, Daltrey said:

Same thing I thought. Even if marker 20 was obscured or missing, he would have been counting along the way. He should have known it wasn't right.

If I remember correctly, he did say on the Walkie Talkie to June that "the previous mile sign said 20, but this one says 27." So he kind of knew something was wrong with the sequence.

• Love 1
On 9/3/2018 at 9:56 AM, nodorothyparker said:

.... Like, look, we've got a truck and beer.  I'm kind of okay with it if this half season is just about them driving around retrieving all the scattered Texas people in their own personal convoy even as we know something is going to keep them from ever following through on Morgan's notion to haul all the way back to Virginia to join up with the mothership.

They just need to add Greg Evigan and a chimp named Bear. 

B. J. and the Bear

On 9/3/2018 at 10:38 AM, DavidWeis1 said:

...Not to be indelicate , I'm not sure how the wheelchair is going to play out in the ZA (I wondered the same thing when Hershcel lost his leg). It's okay now as long as they have the truck, but as we all know, they will run our of gas, or parts, or something. They will end up on foot ... or in a wheel chair. Then what?

You know on the original show, Michonne chopped off the bottom jaws and arms of a couple of walkers?

I'm thinking they could do the same thing to four walkers, and set up a kind of Litter (to see illustrations of Litters, please see this page on Wikipedia)-

Have the four zombies carry the wheelchair guy around, rig it so the wheel chair is in the center, on a platform or whatever, and the zombies are holding it up somehow (with chains or ropes)?

And then the two lead zombies could have collars with leashes, and a person can lead the pack of zombies around who are carrying the wheelchair guy, guiding them using the leash.

That's kind of how royalty used to travel - the rich guy or king or queen would sit on a litter and peasants / slaves would carry that person.

On 9/3/2018 at 11:11 AM, CloudySky said:

(Point 1)
I couldn't understand in the beginning of the episode why they just sat around for days until all their supplies ran out...Why didn't they walk back to "basecamp"?

(Point 2)
Take.... whatever else is precious to you [out of the van], and hit that road home. 

(Point 3)
Nor the concept of these split episodes which means my favs are missing from several episodes in a row.

Point 1. 
I had wondered that myself. The only thing I can think of is that Al is so very oddly attached to that SWAT van, she didn't want to leave it. I guess she was hoping that someone would come along and find them.

Point 2.
Oh yes, this too!! I thought the same thing, especially in the scene where June and Al were resting by that car having a conversation: 

Al was explaining to June how the tapes on the van were important to her because they had footage of people she once loved.

And I thought, well, then, just take a bag filled with the tapes and the camera with you.

I do think Al also said to June that the "van will keep us safe, it's kept me safe so far," and that was another motive for her.

But she always seems so much more concerned about the video tapes ON the van - so just take the tapes and leave the van, for pete's sake.

Point 3.

Yes, I like Strand a lot and John Dorie is my number one fave, and Dorie was missing for three episodes in a row, not cool!

I can deal with Dorie (or Strand) NOT being in one episode here or there, but three in a row??

At least we didn't have to endure Charlie in this one.

• Love 1
On 9/3/2018 at 10:15 PM, GreyBunny said:

Am I thinking of another show, or doesn't Al's SWAT truck have a unique ignition sequence that's supposed to prevent theft? If so, it was conveniently and annoyingly forgotten so that guy could steal it for five seconds. How did he get it to run anyway, hadn't already run out of gas when Al and June left it?

You might be thinking of the movie Mad Max Fury Road. There was a scene in there where I think Furiosa told someone else who was trying to steal her truck (or might try to) that you can't have my truck without me, because there's a certain way you have to start it, hit buttons and knobs in a certain sequence to get it to start or what not, and only she knew the code.

I don't remember Al's van having that same deal, but maybe it does and I just forgot?

On 9/3/2018 at 10:15 PM, GreyBunny said:

How did he get it to run anyway, hadn't already run out of gas when Al and June left it?

I think Quinn said he got the fuel from the bus (the overturned bus that was in one scene)?

9 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

You are the bomb OOOHMaggie! What would we do without your astute observations on all these shows. Too bad you live over the pond and can't chat in real time with all us. 

I’ve said it before, it’s not me, it’s Walking Wiki, I let all the geeks do the working out, I just pinch the results, I seem to remember doing the same at school Lol

• Love 1
11 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

What did he bring the fuel back in?  That diesel guzzling vehicle couldn't go very far on a couple of gallons in a gas can.

There were several Jerry cans on the truck roof,  I think the one in the link is basically the same as Al’s Swat wagon, it’ll only get you down the road five and a half miles for every gallon!

http://tanknutdave.com/the-bae-caiman-mrap-family/

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Regarding the tainted water, any seasoned traveler knows, you never drink from  a bottle with a ‘broken’ security tab,  when Aaron left Rick and the gang bottles of water on the road, I think it was Abe who stopped someone from drinking some, the rest being poured onto the ground.

Under normal circumstances where I can reasonably expect to get water at the next gas station or wherever I stop, sure.  But they're into the scavenging part of end of days where if they're on foot on a highway with nothing, they may not be in the position to be so picky.  Unlike the denizens of the mothership, this group of survivors haven't had multiple rounds of crazy people try to murder or eat them just for funsies yet so they're also probably not thinking as suspiciously of their fellow human beings.

• Love 5

51B5DC37-1B23-45C9-AD02-33D59DB86288.jpeg

Well if they are off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz,

Strand could do with some courage, June could use a heart, that just leaves a brain for Alicia and Poor old Morgan just wants to get back to Kansas Lol

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

so they're also probably not thinking as suspiciously of their fellow human beings.

The one I would have credited with the most street smarts and least likelihood of not spotting the risk, Al, ends up the one succumbing to the Dastardly plan.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Strand could do with some courage, June could use a heart, that just leaves a brain for Alicia and Poor old Morgan just wants to get back to Kansas Lol

LOL.............................................................................., isn't the truth!

I just loved the irony of Al getting all upset that someone stole "her" van while she and June were riding around in a truck/car they just took.

I wonder what the true concept of ownership is in these shows.  They move into homes that belonged to others, take goods from stores (and other places), and take a car whenever they find/need one.  So, why is the van Al's, but nothing else belongs to anyone?  Oh well.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

You nailed it!

15 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

There were several Jerry cans on the truck roof,  I think the one in the link is basically the same as Al’s Swat wagon, it’ll only get you down the road five and a half miles for every gallon!

http://tanknutdave.com/the-bae-caiman-mrap-family/

Thanks! I was wondering the millage per gallon such a beast would do.  

They were supposed to go from Texas to Virginia, that is about 1400 miles,  so it would take them at least 255 gallons to make it there in that thing.

• Love 1
On 9/4/2018 at 8:39 PM, DrNowsWeightScale said:

You know on the original show, Michonne chopped off the bottom jaws and arms of a couple of walkers?

I'm thinking they could do the same thing to four walkers, and set up a kind of Litter (to see illustrations of Litters, please see this page on Wikipedia)-

Have the four zombies carry the wheelchair guy around, rig it so the wheel chair is in the center, on a platform or whatever, and the zombies are holding it up somehow (with chains or ropes)?

And then the two lead zombies could have collars with leashes, and a person can lead the pack of zombies around who are carrying the wheelchair guy, guiding them using the leash.

That's kind of how royalty used to travel - the rich guy or king or queen would sit on a litter and peasants / slaves would carry that person.

Like the movie Cargo

• Love 1
On 9/4/2018 at 5:33 AM, icemiser69 said:

Witchiepoo

Brilliant!

On 9/4/2018 at 5:47 AM, icemiser69 said:

I guess Quinn wasn't so mighty after all.

Someone was making a good run at winning the internet, me thinks! You'll not see nothing like him. ;)

On 9/2/2018 at 8:31 PM, june223 said:

I found the fake mile marker weak. If quinn were coming up the highway he would see he was at mile marker 20 and know the next was not 27. He would have an odometer in the vehicle.    Not believable. 

I thought about that - could be that the other mile markers have been torn down over time...

39 minutes ago, wrlord said:
On 9/2/2018 at 8:31 PM, june223 said:

I found the fake mile marker weak. If quinn were coming up the highway he would see he was at mile marker 20 and know the next was not 27. He would have an odometer in the vehicle.    Not believable. 

I thought about that - could be that the other mile markers have been torn down over time...

Maybe... but wouldn't the crew have mentioned it? "Hey buddy....we're at mile marker 27, meet us there. Careful as you go though...there's a few missing until you hit 21, then you're gold.". The way it went down was just a little too convenient. Perhaps the episode title was really an homage to the writing. ;)

• Love 1
On 9/2/2018 at 10:31 PM, june223 said:

Well, if you are directionally challenged, have anxiety (including a huge fear of getting lost while driving to a new locale) like I do, maybe not.

A couple of years ago, I had to drive to see a new dentist, never been to his office before.

Most of the streets 'round where I live have numbered names, but many of them also have a "regular" name in addition to their number.

So, for example, I was looking to turn a right on to "Pine Street," as that was what it was called on the Google map I looked at before I left the house, but the street sign itself for Pine St is also known as 40th street, so the sign says 40th St not Pine on it.

As a result, I drove past my turn off (40th street, because I was looking for a sign that said "Pine" on it).

It wasn't until I kept driving and driving and driving that I realized, "Hmm, I wonder if I missed my turn off, and if Pine is also known as 30th street or what not."

I also had a problem like this a few weeks ago driving home, taking a different route from the store. 

I was supposed to turn off on 65th street, but I didn't see the street sign. I noticed the numbers on the sign names getting bigger. By the time I saw 95th street, it was then it dawned on me, "I must have terribly over shot 65th, I need to turn back."

I get easily confused when driving.

I could honestly see myself falling for the 27th fake mile marker gimmick by the Crazy Lady, even though I knew I just went past 20, and 21 should come after 20, not 27.

I could see me thinking, "Did the high way people screw up? What is going on?"