Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Episode 11:

"BBQs, Biscuits and Birth Control"

In Antiqua, tensions continue to rise; Toya confronts Contessa for hitting her; Mariah won't forgive Heavenly; the second dinner proves to be just as explosive as the first one; tears are shed, and everyone reaches their boiling points.

Airs November 10, 2018.

Why do they always insist on counseling each other on their marriages?  None of them are formally trained outside of those MLM conferences they go to.  Why can’t they just be on vacation without the pretense of this or that couple hosting.  It’s all Bravo setup.  We all know this.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Was Toya drunk when she went off on Simone for calling herself basic? Because that went all the way left very fast. Same with Contessa and Simone fighting on the boat.

I missed the last 15 minutes of the show so I didn't see the Simon/Contessa fight.  But the ladies weren't too happy with Contessa putting on like Toya popped her in the titty on purpose, then having an attitude because Toya didn't check on her, then coming downstairs smiling and grinning like nothing happened.  If you're going around accusing Toya of hitting you on purpose, why would the person who hit you on purpose then turn around and call and check to see if you're ok? Make that make sense.

The fact of the matter is Contessa thinks Toya is a silly bird and is probably a touch jealous that Toya is living large and has no job while she's riding around in a Honda Odyssey van with sticky seats and crumbs on the floor having to work at Patient First or Better Med and be on this show to pay the bills.  While Toya & Eugene are living beyond their means, that's their business, unless Toya & Eugene are asking the group to help pay their bills.

Toya needs to stop controlling everything and everybody.  Simone was talking about HER sex life being "basic," not Toya's.  But Simone, if "basic" kept the home fires burning, Cecil wouldn't be palling around with Tammy.

Shut up, Curtis.  "I'm glad WE'RE beyond birth control."  You made sure of that, buddy.

I'm glad Aydin told Damon where he was wrong.  Ok, Damon was jumping up to defend himself defend Heavenly against Mariah's attacks, but Aydin was defending his family, too.  Miss Lucy was not there at the table to defend herself, so Miss Lucy shouldn't have even been on Heavenly's lips.  99% of the time when "yo mama" is thrown around it doesn't mean anything but in Heavenly's case when she says "yo mama," she really means "yo mama (Miss Lucy)."  She knows mentioning Miss Lucy gets Mariah riled up and that's why she continues to do it.  If Damon wants to put somebody in check, he needs to start at home with Heavenly.

Eugene was right to call out Mariah & Aydin for having a conversation about them at the table.  If you have something to say, say it.  Otherwise STFU or GTFO.

Shut up, Curtis.  I just needed to say that again for emphasis.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The fact of the matter is Contessa thinks Toya is a silly bird and is probably a touch jealous that Toya is living large and has no job while she's riding around in a Honda Odyssey van with sticky seats and crumbs on the floor having to work at Patient First or Better Med and be on this show to pay the bill

I respectfully disagree with this.  Contessa is accomplished; Toya isn't.  Doesn't matter who she married. As a professional, I didn't feel jealous of SAHMs because I could have been one. I felt much more fulfilled working.  Toya, working or not, is a dumb-ass.  She married well.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

The fact of the matter is Contessa thinks Toya is a silly bird and is probably a touch jealous that Toya is living large and has no job while she's riding around in a Honda Odyssey van with sticky seats and crumbs on the floor having to work at Patient First or Better Med and be on this show to pay the bills. 

I agree with @albarino. I don't think Contessa is jealous of Toya. Contessa has a life she appears to want; she seems happy to me. Contessa tried staying home and it wasn't for her. She intentionally went back to work and she said her husband makes enough for them to live on. She said she trained her whole life to be a doctor and she missed the work. I said the same thing when Toya said Simone was jealous of her (which Toya later walked back, saying she didn't know what she was talking about); the doctors became doctors on purpose. Stay-at-home motherhood and/or living off your spouse isn't a goal for everyone.

Re: the Honda Odyssey, maybe she, like me, doesn't care about cars, and IMO it makes far more sense to drive a not-fancy car when you have young kids who can't help but mess it up.

(Contessa probably does think Toya is a silly bird - she is, IMO. But I don't think she's jealous of Toya.)

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, albarino said:

I respectfully disagree with this.  Contessa is accomplished; Toya isn't.  Doesn't matter who she married. As a professional, I didn't feel jealous of SAHMs because I could have been one. I felt much more fulfilled working.  Toya, working or not, is a dumb-ass.  She married well.

Contessa's contempt of Toya is not because she's a SAHM; otherwise she'd have a similar contempt for Mariah.

Contessa's contempt of Toya is because she thinks Toya is a silly bird and a hoodrat who gets material things she hasn't worked for, while everyone else busted their asses to get to where they are.  I would wager Contessa feels a way about Toya getting big houses, nice weaves & wardrobes & nice cars to drive while doing nothing to earn or deserve those things. 

If Contessa had a similar contempt of SAHM (which she was trying to be one herself last season), she would also be shading Mariah, but she's not.  I do think Contessa is jealous of Toya in particular and it has nothing to do with being a SAHM...she thinks Toya is a silly hoodrat who is getting material things she shouldn't be having.

At the dinner table... Big Mouth ,don't-know-what-to-say-where Heavenly announces " daddy like me to put it in my mouth"...

Damn.. I feel so sorry for Dr. Damon.. And Heavenly wasn't ashamed or embarrassed - just keep right on eating her food..

Is there a tv rating on this show ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

Uh,  how is Heavenly losing her temper worse than Mariah breaking her glass as if she is going to stab someone? 

That was fucked up on so many levels. 

I don't even care if Contessa is wrong about Toya hitting her breasts on purpose.  Toya has been awful to everyone all season. 

Even Jackie is pissing me off.  I know it's bad when I'm liking Quad and Heavenly the most. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, sATL said:

At the dinner table... Big Mouth ,don't-know-what-to-say-where Heavenly announces " daddy like me to put it in my mouth"...

Damn.. I feel so sorry for Dr. Damon.. And Heavenly wasn't ashamed or embarrassed - just keep right on eating her food..

Is there a tv rating on this show ?

That was so tacky. Damon was mortified.

I'm with @For Cereals: it's nuts that the angle that Bravo has taken on the Married to Medicine trips (because as far as I know, this is the only franchise that uses that angle) is "couples therapy." Just have them go on vacation! "We've all been really busy lately; we should take a trip." Done! Eat, drink, swim, dassit! 

14 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

Uh,  how is Heavenly losing her temper worse than Mariah breaking her glass as if she is going to stab someone? 

I don't even care if Contessa is wrong about Toya hitting her breasts on purpose.  Toya has been awful to everyone all season. 

Even Jackie is pissing me off.  I know it's bad when I'm liking Quad and Heavenly the most. 

And tried to front like it was an accident. Come on, Mariah. Please stop insulting folks' intelligence.

• Love 4

Quad looked so pretty in the selfie video where she was looking out over the ocean.

I know historically there are issues with Mariah’s crazy mom, but when Heavenly throws our her “your momma” stuff isn’t she just being like a teenager throwing insults?  I could be wrong about that but that’s how it comes across to me and it’s ridiculous that Mariah and Aydin are all “don’t attack my family!!!”

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I know historically there are issues with Mariah’s crazy mom

...and that's exactly why it isn't the same as a lame teenaged comeback; Heavenly knows this, and she's totally bringing it up on purpose to imply Mariah is trash.

• Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, OnceSane said:

Episode 11:

Airs November 10, 2018.

Toya is a real nutcase, blame it on the birth control pills but Toya is just a controlling person. She's always disrespecting her husband.  Mariah and Heavenly are helpless. Simone had to stir up shit as usual. Simone needs to lay off the Vodka. Contessa and Toya agreed to meet each other halfway at least , now tell me why did Simone feel the need to chime in and screw that up ?  It's never ending with these crazies. I loved how the men just sat there smoking cigars.. ok, here we go again .   Now..Heavenly I didn't need that mental picture of daddy's penis in your mouth . You could have kept that one.   I always knew Simone was basic..she could use a little freak (but whatever works for you ) Mariah and Aden, hope all is well with you both, but don't hold the group accountable for not addressing the mommy issue. You hold Heavenly personally responsible for that one yourself. This is how Heavenly learned to fight, it's old school and childish.  

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:19 AM, Empress1 said:

Was Toya drunk when she went off on Simone for calling herself basic? Because that went all the way left very fast. Same with Contessa and Simone fighting on the boat.

Simone just need to lay off the vodka..she was looking real crazy...

22 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I agree with @albarino. I don't think Contessa is jealous of Toya. Contessa has a life she appears to want; she seems happy to me. Contessa tried staying home and it wasn't for her. She intentionally went back to work and she said her husband makes enough for them to live on. She said she trained her whole life to be a doctor and she missed the work. I said the same thing when Toya said Simone was jealous of her (which Toya later walked back, saying she didn't know what she was talking about); the doctors became doctors on purpose. Stay-at-home motherhood and/or living off your spouse isn't a goal for everyone.

Re: the Honda Odyssey, maybe she, like me, doesn't care about cars, and IMO it makes far more sense to drive a not-fancy car when you have young kids who can't help but mess it up.

(Contessa probably does think Toya is a silly bird - she is, IMO. But I don't think she's jealous of Toya.)

Just for the record.. Contessa has a fancy car, so does her husband.. those cars are not for hauling kids around..

• Love 2
22 hours ago, CatMomma said:

Mariah broke that glass against her chair like a "real thug" ..lol !!!!!!!!!!!   Shawshank !!!

• Love 5

Episode 12:

"Heavenly's Second Chance"

Simone and Contessa's argument turns ugly in Antigua; Mariah apologizes to Damon for the infidelity rumors she's spread; Heavenly sits on the hot seat; Jackie volunteers the group for a meaningful medical mission.

Airs November 17, 2018.

I still enjoy this show. For some reason, it just doesn't grate on me like the Housewives shows. I am still trying to figure out exactly why Simone and Contessa are arguing. Maybe I'm not really paying attention properly and missed a real spat between the two, but I only really seem to see a rift/dysfunction between Toya and Contessa. Is it just me, or is Simone interjecting herself into someone else's issue? I'm not too proud to admit that perhaps I have missed something. Did Simone and Contessa have a disagreement or argument that I am not remembering? Or is Simone just upset that she feels Contessa is being a big wuss, not healing fast enough, and engaging enough with the group? I saw the previews, and I'm scared to see how Heavenly handles the Couples' Therapy Session, Part Deux. I like when they are doctors, and do doctor-stuff, providing medical care in foreign countries. It warms me cockles.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, KicksandGiggles said:

I still enjoy this show. For some reason, it just doesn't grate on me like the Housewives shows. I am still trying to figure out exactly why Simone and Contessa are arguing. Maybe I'm not really paying attention properly and missed a real spat between the two, but I only really seem to see a rift/dysfunction between Toya and Contessa. Is it just me, or is Simone interjecting herself into someone else's issue? I'm not too proud to admit that perhaps I have missed something. Did Simone and Contessa have a disagreement or argument that I am not remembering? Or is Simone just upset that she feels Contessa is being a big wuss, not healing fast enough, and engaging enough with the group? I saw the previews, and I'm scared to see how Heavenly handles the Couples' Therapy Session, Part Deux. I like when they are doctors, and do doctor-stuff, providing medical care in foreign countries. It warms me cockles.

The argument came from the twilight zone. For some reason it bothers Simone greatly that Contessa says she's hurting and withdraws a little bit. Even if she felt Contessa was trying to avoid Toya, I don't why she had to start screaming and throwing F U's around. Contessa is not a drama queen  so maybe Simone was drunk.

• Love 4

Deep down, Eugene must be embarrassed of Toya. I would imagine that a hospital director would want a refined, articulate, woman on his arm. I'm not saying Eugene is Mr. Class and Pizzazz, but he seems a tad classier than Toya.   

Something is off about Dr. Damon. Like he's hiding something. Whatever it is, it will come out eventually.

Contessa is not a good fit for the show, although, I do like the dynamic she has with her family.

I like Simone, I can't help it.   I could be friends with her in real life.

Jackie is too good for Curtis. Curtis, because it cannot be said enough, shut the fuck up.

Quad. Quad. Miss Quad. Time to go. You are no longer married to medicine.  I'm not interested in her anymore.  I liked her back in the day when she was friends with Mariah.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RubberDuckie said:

Deep down, Eugene must be embarrassed of Toya. I would imagine that a hospital director would want a refined, articulate, woman on his arm. I'm not saying Eugene is Mr. Class and Pizzazz, but he seems a tad classier than Toya.   

I had the same thought when they had that promotion party for Dr. E. I would think when he's attending hospital business function, Toya might stick out a little. Nothing wrong with being a SAHM  but I think in a doctors business/professional circle the wives would have either (1) had a resume of what they did before becoming a SAHM including educational/professional accomplishments, or  (2) while being a SAHM , they are building a resume of volunteer credentials - like raising $$$ for the PTA.

BTW - Toya does have two degrees .. oddly enough..  ( link ). Maybe she is a different Toya at Dr. E's work functions.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, sATL said:

I had the same thought when they had that promotion party for Dr. E. I would think when he's attending hospital business function, Toya might stick out a little. Nothing wrong with being a SAHM  but I think in a doctors business/professional circle the wives would have either (1) had a resume of what they did before becoming a SAHM including educational/professional accomplishments, or  (2) while being a SAHM , they are building a resume of volunteer credentials - like raising $$$ for the PTA.

BTW - Toya does have two degrees .. oddly enough..  ( link ). Maybe she is a different Toya at Dr. E's work functions.

Thanks for link.  Her degrees are from a for-profit, meaning they carry very little-to-zero weight.   I can say this confidently as Dr. RubberDuckie who works in higher education.   I would never hire her, neither would anyone in my discipline.

No offense to anyone who attends, has attended, or plans to attend a for-profit university.

Edited by RubberDuckie
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RubberDuckie said:

Thanks for link.  Her degrees are from a for-profit, meaning they carry very little-to-zero weight.   I can say this confidently as Dr. RubberDuckie who works in higher education.   I would never hire her, neither would anyone in my discipline.

No offense to anyone who attends, has attended, or plans to attend a for-profit university.

Yeah, University of Phoenix has a very bad reputation. Ask a Manager advised one advice-seeker to take it off their resume.

In a previous episode, Mariah said she sacrificed her career to support Aydin's. What was it? No shade, I'm seriously asking.

• Love 2

I thought Mariah's apology to Damon sucked.  She basically said, "I'm not going to talk about your cheating anymore, because that's between your family.  I shouldn't have gone there, and I will not talk about your cheating again."  Classic passive-aggressive, furthering of the gossip, non-apology there.  Now, do I think Daddy is cheating?  I totally think he's cheating, but if Mariah wanted to apologize about saying it, she could have injected a little, "I have no right to say untrue things about you, just because I'm fighting with your wife."  That would have been a real apology.  If she doesn't think she has anything to apologize about, keep your trap shut.

I have been wanting to ask this so badly:  why don't we hear more about Aydin's cheating?  Last season, and at last season's reunion, it has been totally confirmed by Mariah and Aydin that he either has cheated, or cheats, or both.  There was no question about that.  This season, when the blog came out about Greg, Mariah told Aydin that she didn't want to see him written about in some blog, which led me to believe that he is still cheating.  Why have we heard nothing further about this, other than one throwaway line from Heavenly?  

I don't get it: we go through an entire season about Curtis cheating, where Jackie aired out everything for us to see, and she must have been humilitated.  Lisa Nicole was forced to get into graphic detail about her husband's cheating.  But Mariah doesn't have to spill...cause she's a producer?  I can't think of anything else.

And Aydin the cheater can miss me with telling Mariah, at the table, that she shouldn't trust any of these people, but she should trust him, and he's her best friend.  Um, dude, you are cheating.  She, literally, by definition, can't trust you.  I don't know how on earth one spouse can allow another spouse to get away with that bullshit.  Chanel is good, but it ain't that good.

Or make like Quad, ditch the cheater, and pay for your own Chanel.  (Or live separately for awhile and go to counseling--I know they have kids and I'm not saying she should just cut and run, but she should not put up with cheating.  I don't respect that, and it's not a good example for anyone).

• Love 5
On 11/17/2018 at 1:11 AM, Iguessnot said:

The argument came from the twilight zone. For some reason it bothers Simone greatly that Contessa says she's hurting and withdraws a little bit. Even if she felt Contessa was trying to avoid Toya, I don't why she had to start screaming and throwing F U's around. Contessa is not a drama queen  so maybe Simone was drunk.

That was crazy - how is Simone’s snarky welcome back not a direct reference to her having been gone, and she was gone because she was recovering from surgery.  For her to act like Contessa brought it up out of nowhere was ridiculous.

Dr Damon really did not look happy when Heavenly was answering questions about them.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This season, when the blog came out about Greg, Mariah told Aydin that she didn't want to see him written about in some blog, which led me to believe that he is still cheating.  Why have we heard nothing further about this, other than one throwaway line from Heavenly?  

Mariah is still an EP and if she does have any control over suppressing rumours of Aydin cheating on the show (doubtful in this day and age, unless they have an 'agreement') it would totally bake Heavenly's biscuits. Maybe this is one of the reasons Heavenly continues to come for Mariah and calls her 'dirty low down lying bitch' at every opportunity? I will continue to watch these women as opposed to RHOA because they do seem to try and put it all out there. 

• Love 3

I'm curious to know the effect the show has had on Simone's vs. Jackie's practice.  From seeing how off Simone continues to be, whether she's drinking, going off on other castmates or not, there's no way in hell that I would ever want to have her be my ObGyn. Jackie remains calm and professional acting, no matter what. 

• Love 6

I would love to have Simone as my OBGYN. I’ve thought that before in prior episodes that show her with her patients, but I was reminded of that on the last episode with her high blood pressure patient in Antigua. She was kind and comforting and has that great big smile at the ready, I would be surprised if the show has had any negative effect on her practice.

Edited by link417
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, nexxie said:

Simone does seem calm and professional around patients - but completely loses her shit when drinking. You’d have to hope she hadn’t been at a boat party just before your delivery!

And that she hasn’t been within 50 feet of some rum punch 😂

Edited by link417
PTV turned my emoji into a question mark
  • Love 7
On 11/17/2018 at 1:34 AM, KicksandGiggles said:

I am still trying to figure out exactly why Simone and Contessa are arguing.

Because Contessa (and Quad) are doing part time work for full time pay.

On 11/17/2018 at 3:55 PM, RubberDuckie said:

Deep down, Eugene must be embarrassed of Toya. I would imagine that a hospital director would want a refined, articulate, woman on his arm.

If he wanted that, he wouldn't have chosen Toya in the first place.

On 11/17/2018 at 3:55 PM, RubberDuckie said:

Jackie is too good for Curtis. Curtis, because it cannot be said enough, shut the fuck up.

Curtis can ALWAYS STFU.  ALWAYS.

I think if Aydin is currently cheating, Heavenly and the others would have zero problems throwing that in Mariah's face (especially after Mariah accused Damon of cheating).  So I think he is probably not currently cheating.  I think the group got on Lisa Nicole about Darren cheating because a) he was cheating on her in real-time b) she was twisting herself in pretzels about his cheating (while pretending he wasn't cheating) and c) trying to have a trap baby on him to keep him from cheating because apparently the only time he was attentive to her was when she was pregnant.  I would take Mariah telling Aydin she doesn't want to see him written up in some blog not as him currently cheating, but a warning NOT to cheat (and if he does, keep it on the low).  I think at this point the public humiliation would be the last straw for Mariah, not the actual cheating.

Cheating is always bad but the humiliation that comes with it is just as bad:

• Lisa Nicole called up Darren's affair buddy and left a screeching, unhinged voicemail.  The affair buddy dropped it on social media, exposing Lisa Nicole as a silly fool.
  • Curtis paraded his affair buddy around Atlanta and the airport, KNOWING his wife is on TV and it would get out.  The affair buddy dropped it on social media, humiliating Jackie.
  • Greg's ho-tell buddy was blackmailing him by threatening to go runteldat to social media, forcing him to expose his cheating to Quad so she could save him.  In the end, Ho-Tell ended up blabbing to social media anyway and claiming Greg's penis was about the size of a pinky finger.
  • And while Cecil may not have technically physically cheated on Simone with Tammy, I'm sure Simone was humiliated after pictures of Tammy started circulating...like this frumpy woman might be having designs on your man (not that Simone is that much better)?

No one knows why any of these women chose to stay with their men and it's no one else's business.  Unless and until you've been cheated on, you don't know what you're going to do when faced with that situation.  You might "say" you'd leave but you don't know what you'll do until it actually happens.  So while I don't think Aydin is currently cheating on Mariah, if he is, Mariah would probably leave him next time because of the exposure & humiliation and that's why she told him don't be ending up in the blogs like Greg & Curtis.

I'm never here for Curtis because I think he conducted his extramarital activities in a way that he knew would get back to Jackie & humiliate (punish) her.  Greg was just out there not thinking of the consequences ...that's why he was forced to run to Quad to help him out of his mess.  Curtis is cool now that Jackie is paying attention to him again and pick me dancing for him.  The minute she can't devote all her time & energy to him, he'll wander off again because he's selfish.

Damon Jr. may have been a trap baby but at least Damon & Heavenly are still married 20 years later and didn't start off their marriage with a domestic violence charge.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I have been wanting to ask this so badly:  why don't we hear more about Aydin's cheating?

If I were Heavenly, I would be bringing that up instead of the usual "Yo mama" bs every time Mariah starts with her foolishness! Why does Aydin get a pass?

And just as I thought, Mariah has NO receipts on Damon. What a despicable human being she is. Why did they bring her back? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

If I were Heavenly, I would be bringing that up instead of the usual "Yo mama" bs every time Mariah starts with her foolishness! Why does Aydin get a pass?

And just as I thought, Mariah has NO receipts on Damon. What a despicable human being she is. Why did they bring her back? 

Her apology was shady though. I heard her apologize only for being a bone carrier. At any rate I'm glad they accepted that apology so we can move on.

I don't know how both Toya and Heavenly thought those lounge pants looked good.

• Love 1

Aydin and Maria have this weird, co-dependent vibe going on. And why do they have to always match their outfits. 

Simone was too tipsy when she attacked Contessa but I got her point. Like she said, none of them has dementia. When Simone said "Welcome back" she should have just said, Thank you.

I don't think Daddy cheats, but he finds all of this personal exposure a bit embarrassing and excruciating. 

When Gene and Toya met, he probably thought he'd won the lottery because while not unattractive, Toya was likely the kind of girl who was normally out of his league. Now that he's advanced more both socially and professionally, he probably does have a whole lot of cringe worthy moments with her, but he loves her and accepts his lot. She probably knocks the trashy down several levels at certain events. 

I like Quad and don't want to see her go. Maybe they can set her up with a new doctor husband.

• Love 9

See, I think Daddy is cheating because of things he and Heavenly have said and have not said.  Daddy is always very silent about these things, even though he is not afraid to speak up on other matters.  Compare that to Eugene, who just came out and said that he thought Curtis's cheating was ungodly.  Heavenly also got drunk last season and said, "If Daddy cheated, it wouldn't be his fault!" That, right there, is a huge red flag that he's cheating to me.  I don't think that women who are confident in their husband's faithfulness make statements like that, drunk or sober.  

But the difference between Daddy and Aydin to me is suspicion vs confirmation.  I can't really get mad at Daddy for something I suspect.  I can sure as hell think Aydin is a piece of garbage though.  I don't think there is an excuse for it.  I don't think people should go around having "arrangements," which I'm sure Mariah thinks she has.  The arrangement, to me, is that you took vows to be faithful to one another.  If you can't--or won't--abide by that, then you get a divorce.  Maybe it's my limitation or failure to see all the complexities of the human condition, but I subscribe to the school that you don't get married if you're going to fuck other people.

• Love 4

I'm thinking maybe daddy did cheat  cause if you listen to Mariah walk back her calling it out she said it wasn't her place to say that he was cheating she didn't say she didn't hear it and she wasn't the one that should speak on it it should be Heavenly (aka the bone collector)  

• Love 2

I think that every relationship is complex, and trying to boil 10, 15, or 20 years down to "if x happens, I'm walking out" is far easier said than done. Not being inside any of these women's relationships, I'm not going to judge whether their husbands cheated on them or not, except where there is confirmation of cheating. I do think that for each of these women, the line they draw, the level of commitment they have to their relationships and their husbands, and their non-negotiables are all different. Simone was okay being in a relationship with no sex so long as her husband told her he loved her incessantly. Heavenly thinks no sex equals no relationship. Jackie was willing to accept at least some responsibility (whether warranted or not) for Curtis behavior. Mariah seemingly let Aydin get away with cheating in exchange for taking his balls, opinions, and free will in the future.  

Having said that I don't think that Damon is a cheater. I do think that he follows the advice that my father gave me when it came to my friends "Keep your own counsel". He doesn't talk about what is going on in his relationship outside of his relationship and he wants Heavenly to present a unified front at all times. Whether that's because he has something to hide, or because he just has a modicum of sense and decorum, the result is that you'll never see him talking about his sex life, what his wife doesn't do for him, or how miserable he is publicly. And when given the opportunity to low-key drag her (like with the "did you trap him" question) he always stands up and says -"I'm in this relationship with this woman because I want to be, not because she has me hoodwinked or bamboozled".

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that given how pushy Heavenly is, everyone seems to discount her talk of trying to control Damon, and instead imply that Damon does exactly what he wants. 

• Love 6

Just caught up on the last 2 episodes and hallelujah I give thanks for this show. RHOA has become the pits, RHOC was really dull, BH looks like it'll be the same. Married to Med and Below Deck are saving me at present. 

Will Quad be gone next season? I can't see her married, I couldn't see it while she was with Dr G. So I doubt she'll be married to medicine by next season. Or a doctor. This episode was the warmest I felt toward Quad ever. And that was because she was finally giving us something other than fakery, evasion and really mangled English that she seems to think makes her look more intelligent. Like 'the dreadfulness I'm feeling about the divorce', which is Quad trying to bling up 'dread'. But mostly she just irritates me with the Miss Quad schtick that I'm glad Simone specifically called out in a flashback this episode.

My only reservation about losing Quad is that it makes it easier for Mariah to maintain her slither back into the cast. She's been trying to ram herself in here for seasons and yet how many times does she walk out? I personally thought Heavenly was hilarious defacing Mariah's ridiculous glamour shot poster at last year's reunion. Mariah is fundamentally incapable of laughing at herself. And no one on the cast seems to genuinely like her. No one really cared when she and Aydin left. They didn't really care that they came back for the boat ride the next day either. 

Heavenly has been gold to this show. She's got no self control, a deeply suspicious and possessive nature and limited emotional intelligence. But she's still cunning as a shithouse rat. I'm in the 'Damon most likely cheated' camp, because Heavenly would forgive Daddy and go HAM on the woman who 'seduced' him. He's never properly denied it and Mariah didn't say he didn't do it. Mariah is such a spiteful piece of work. That apology was a carefully crafted 'fck you' to Heavenly. It wasn't "I'm sorry I lied on you because I was angry with your wife", it was "your family business is none of my business". 

As for nasty little stuff slug Aydin? Why is Mariah putting up with that? is it because she needs him to support her and her mother and their kids? I bet his family would happily pick him a bride in their network from the old country, that would turn a blind eye to anything he did outside the home. Maybe he's holding this over Mariah. He strikes me as an overentitled manchild who it suits to have a wife that can guide him as to the blingiest and showiest of everything, plus a connection to the entertainment industry. Mariah always looks wounded and constantly on guard. When Simone was explaining what was going to happen with the Shells of Uplifted Toilet Seats, Mariah looked like she was waiting for her to say 'and now we all throw them at the Huqs!'. She was definitely pissed about the loss of her Chanel shoes and suspicious enough of both her husband and next the group to make a comment about it? How paranoid is that? It wouldn't surprise me if this is the kind of thing Aydin gets off on, so Mariah HAS to blame someone else. Loved how production zoomed in on Heavenly when she made that comment. Unlike Leanne Locken cloning Brandi's phone, I doubt that Heavenly or anyone else in the group (with the exception of Quad who could be nuts enough to be a klepto) would steal Mariah's broke in shoes. They're probably a knock off anyway and she's afeared she'll be revealed. 

Why was Simone's hair a greasy limp mess at the final dinner, but she's made an effort with her outfit? Too much rum punch, perhaps and she lost steam. These women and their husbands and the dynamics we get to see in the friendships and married relationships keeps this show entertaining. I actually LIKE most of these people, especially Dr Jackie (who is on the next episode of Atlanta, which maybe the last one i watch just because Kandi goes to see Dr Jackie, otherwise I'd have quit LAST episode). If this was a housewives style show, Toyah wouldn't work for me. But seeing her with Eugene makes all the difference. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, queenjen said:

Will Quad be gone next season? I can't see her married, I couldn't see it while she was with Dr G. So I doubt she'll be married to medicine by next season. Or a doctor. This episode was the warmest I felt toward Quad ever. And that was because she was finally giving us something other than fakery, evasion and really mangled English that she seems to think makes her look more intelligent. Like 'the dreadfulness I'm feeling about the divorce', which is Quad trying to bling up 'dread'. But mostly she just irritates me with the Miss Quad schtick that I'm glad Simone specifically called out in a flashback this episode.

PREACH!!!!! 

Grammar is your friend Quad. Please respect it...

• Love 5
On 11/19/2018 at 10:21 AM, drivethroo said:

I would take Mariah telling Aydin she doesn't want to see him written up in some blog not as him currently cheating, but a warning NOT to cheat (and if he does, keep it on the low). 

It appears he has kept his cheating on the low because when Mariah told Jackie and the group that she had been where Jackie is, they were all surprised. Maybe he only cheats out of town. I could see Mariah taking an "I'll look the other way as long as it never comes back to me" stance on cheating and making that known to Aydin. For someone like Mariah, the humiliation would be worse than the act itself.

I think the group got on Lisa Nicole about Darren cheating because a) he was cheating on her in real-time b) she was twisting herself in pretzels about his cheating (while pretending he wasn't cheating) and c) trying to have a trap baby on him to keep him from cheating because apparently the only time he was attentive to her was when she was pregnant.

LORD, Lisa was so pitiful. What always got me about her and Darren's situation was that Darren didn't even appear to be sorry he cheated/was cheating. He was like "Yeah, I did that. And?" And it's not really a surprise that he wasn't contrite because Lisa was so willing to excuse it. That's partly why her voicemail was so pitiful - first, you could hear that Darren clearly was not interested in placating her (I bet $5 he called his affair partner and apologized to her), and second, you know Lisa's not going anywhere so all her blustering was just for show.

• Love 1

No one knows why any of these women chose to stay with their men and it's no one else's business.  Unless and until you've been cheated on, you don't know what you're going to do when faced with that situation.  You might "say" you'd leave but you don't know what you'll do until it actually happens.  

On 11/19/2018 at 6:44 PM, Rlb8031 said:

I think that every relationship is complex, and trying to boil 10, 15, or 20 years down to "if x happens, I'm walking out" is far easier said than done. 

I wonder if this conversation would be going the same way if we were talking about domestic violence.  To me, the cheating is domestic violence.  Not only does it result in such a profound loss of trust and echoes of the idea that I wasn't enough, but if he is cheating, how do I know he's wrapping it up?  Part of taking vows and settling into a marriage, is that you're not supposed to have to worry about getting STDs.  When I was in law school, I worked at a family law firm in Miami, and the firm had a very wealthy client (no one walked through those doors who wasn't wealthy) who caught genital herpes from her husband, and that shit had spread to parts of her body that were...yikes. And that virus is with you for life.

So I will definitely say 1.) it became my business to speculate about who is and isn't cheating when these people signed on the dotted line to make a lot of money off of my watching their lives for sport; and

2.) My husband and I would definitely split if I found out he was cheating in any form whatsoever.  That is something I know about myself. I don't have to have experienced it to know I couldn't and would never want to live in that situation.  You don't want me/ you want someone who is not me?  You couldn't pay me enough money to share a bed with someone who had that attitude.  Your bags are packed, Ciao adios, you're gone.  No one will ever have that power over me to keep me in a relationship where I am left feeling inferior so...I don't claim that it would be easy to watch my husband pack his shit, and to have the bills changed to my name, but believe me, it would happen!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I wonder if this conversation would be going the same way if we were talking about domestic violence.  To me, the cheating is domestic violence.  Not only does it result in such a profound loss of trust and echoes of the idea that I wasn't enough, but if he is cheating, how do I know he's wrapping it up?  Part of taking vows and settling into a marriage, is that you're not supposed to have to worry about getting STDs.  When I was in law school, I worked at a family law firm in Miami, and the firm had a very wealthy client (no one walked through those doors who wasn't wealthy) who caught genital herpes from her husband, and that shit had spread to parts of her body that were...yikes. And that virus is with you for life.

So I will definitely say 1.) it became my business to speculate about who is and isn't cheating when these people signed on the dotted line to make a lot of money off of my watching their lives for sport; and

2.) My husband and I would definitely split if I found out he was cheating in any form whatsoever.  That is something I know about myself. I don't have to have experienced it to know I couldn't and would never want to live in that situation.  You don't want me/ you want someone who is not me?  You couldn't pay me enough money to share a bed with someone who had that attitude.  Your bags are packed, Ciao adios, you're gone.  No one will ever have that power over me to keep me in a relationship where I am left feeling inferior so...I don't claim that it would be easy to watch my husband pack his shit, and to have the bills changed to my name, but believe me, it would happen!

I get where you are coming from. At the same time, I'm leery of trying to assess what is going on inside of someone else's relationship. I know someone who has an "open" relationship with her husband, where both of them have had sex outside of their marriage. Would it be me? Nope, but she claims that they both are cool with it and they have been together for years. I can see a couple of these women being comfortable with things that personally make my skin crawl. I just can't say that any of them are "wrong" for doing it without knowing the full story. What we get here is definitely only a slice of their lives.

• Love 5
On 11/19/2018 at 3:36 PM, politichick said:

Aydin and Maria have this weird, co-dependent vibe going on. And why do they have to always match their outfits. 

Simone was too tipsy when she attacked Contessa but I got her point. Like she said, none of them has dementia. When Simone said "Welcome back" she should have just said, Thank you.

I don't think Daddy cheats, but he finds all of this personal exposure a bit embarrassing and excruciating. 

When Gene and Toya met, he probably thought he'd won the lottery because while not unattractive, Toya was likely the kind of girl who was normally out of his league. Now that he's advanced more both socially and professionally, he probably does have a whole lot of cringe worthy moments with her, but he loves her and accepts his lot. She probably knocks the trashy down several levels at certain events. 

I like Quad and don't want to see her go. Maybe they can set her up with a new doctor husband.

This here.  and I didn't quote it but to @Rlb8031's point, I have to agree.  Damon doesn't seem at all the type of man who enjoys having his business in the street.  The other thing (for me personally) is you gotta have something in you to be a cheater that I don't see in Damon.  At all.   Some premeditation in your spirit, come from a ministry of sneakiness, something.  Damon doesn't have the motivation to ever change out of scrubs lol.  Like to get a whole nother woman?  And you're not fine off the top, bruh, you need a pretty car, you need to flash around the dollars (I doubt Heavenly doesn't audit their accounts), you need to look like you smell delicious, you need to be/look/sound smooth in a way I just don't think he has.   Or at very least, you need to think of yourself like that (that's Greg and Curtis).  Of all of em up there, Cecil looks like the most effortless cheater to me, I just don't think he has, physically.   Aside from that, when Damon was talking about his wife on the last reunion where the men were on their own at that bar and the women were backstage, he spoke about the possibility of (her) infidelity - and not the prospect of her cheating - but the prospect of it changing or ending their relationship with such vulnerability that he sold it for me.   Men with other options don't strike me as sitting around with their feelings loaded and cocked like that.   

Nodding.   She's still out of his league physically.   I'm not gone say men are unilaterally stupid and that a surprising percentage of their decision making happens in their loins, but he knew what his trajectory looked like when he chose her.  They have similar family backgrounds, great physical chemistry.  I'm using too many damn words, she's a gorgeous, high sex drive freak that's devoted to home life, cooks every night and makes him laugh.  I don't think he minds what he's missing.    

On 11/21/2018 at 9:24 AM, Empress1 said:

It appears he has kept his cheating on the low because when Mariah told Jackie and the group that she had been where Jackie is, they were all surprised. Maybe he only cheats out of town. I could see Mariah taking an "I'll look the other way as long as it never comes back to me" stance on cheating and making that known to Aydin. For someone like Mariah, the humiliation would be worse than the act itself.

LORD, Lisa was so pitiful. What always got me about her and Darren's situation was that Darren didn't even appear to be sorry he cheated/was cheating. He was like "Yeah, I did that. And?" And it's not really a surprise that he wasn't contrite because Lisa was so willing to excuse it. That's partly why her voicemail was so pitiful - first, you could hear that Darren clearly was not interested in placating her (I bet $5 he called his affair partner and apologized to her), and second, you know Lisa's not going anywhere so all her blustering was just for show.

Yeah this is what I was finna say.  I'd be surprised if he was cheating now because she hasn't just alluded to it, she made it clear that she's been there done that and also got across the point without stating it, that whatever time that was, was his last time as far she was concerned.   Everytime it comes up tangentionally in reference to one of the other husbands, she gives him some real, don't let this be your ass teas.   Aydin has cheated, but it was before they were on the show.   Heavenly can't get at her with a narrative Mariah already volunteered/controlled.  

Now this whole thing is the reason I'm mad she ever even came on TV.  If you know your man is a hooer, you've either gotta have the personality to get your Joan Crawford weight up and say that shit like you're waiting for somebody to dare you or, OR howbout stay your ass out the public eye.  You bet not be no meek talking, sad face looking victim telling folks how busy your man is at work when he's been collecting drawls since ya'lls sophmore year and you knowingly married him anyway.   All she ever had to say was, yes, he's got a problem.  I'm committed to working through it day by day. Thank you for respecting my feelings about it.    It's a damn shame when women are judged for behavior that's not even theirs.   As though they're responsible for the entire relationship.   He wasn't particularly concerned with your embarrassment, shit, tell on his trifling ass.   

An excerpt from that Toya-has-2-degrees-link

However, after my second year, I remember getting a huge-ass bill from the bursar office that made me sick, in addition to realizing my first love was really a dud. So I packed it up and headed back to Michigan. Once I got back to Detroit, I enrolled in classes at Eastern Michigan. I attended EM until I was offered a job at the University of Phoenix as a job counselor. Soon after I began taking classes there and completed my bachelor's degree in business administration. I later decided education was really where I wanted to be, so I went back to the University of Phoenix and got a second degree in education.  

It just occurred to me that maybe she means she registered for junior year then got the bill because my honest to God first thought was who college tuition due at the end of the semester? 

I could go on and on with my accolades, but you get the gist of my point

giphy.gif

I promise ya'll, Contessa is not jealous of this woman.

Damon Jr. may have been a trap baby but at least Damon & Heavenly are still married 20 years later and didn't start off their marriage with a domestic violence charge.

giphy.gif

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

You bet not be no meek talking, sad face looking victim telling folks how busy your man is at work when he's been collecting drawls since ya'lls sophmore year and you knowingly married him anyway. 

Real-deal, head-back laugh out loud! I hate you, I swear.

• Love 7

Episode 13:

"Sleep Number's Gone!"

Simone and Cecil share surprising news at their Mi Casa Es Su Casa party; Jackie enlists Simone and Heavenly to help her cook a meal for Curtis; Toya and Eugene visit the construction site of their new home, where some unsettling news is discovered.

Airs December 1, 2018.

• Love 1