Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/7/2022 at 1:11 AM, Iguessnot said:

How is it that some women, like Porsha get implants that resemble breasts, yet Contessa and Kari have these horrid bolt ons? 

The skinnier you are and the more flat chested you are to begin with and the less body fat you have the more "bolty" they will look. Bethenny Frankel also has that bolt on look because she is a skeleton.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Ethical non monogamy? Is that what the goofy therapist was pushing? Why would Jackie bring that into the group after all she went thru with Curtis? 
Heavenly takes one step forward and three steps back. There was no reason to go in on Contessa and Toya after semi making up with them.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Ethical non monogamy? Is that what the goofy therapist was pushing? Why would Jackie bring that into the group after all she went thru with Curtis? 
Heavenly takes one step forward and three steps back. There was no reason to go in on Contessa and Toya after semi making up with them.

What's the point of watching your friends simulating sex unless you want to cross boundaries? A few seasons ago Toya felt it was inappropriate for Curtis to grab her and pull her into his lap. Now this season she wants to walk around nude in front of everyone along with Eugene and is making overtures to Anila's husband. 

• Love 3

Why was Quad ranting about being tired of people spreading rumors about her?  She's been spreading rumors about Toya this whole season.  She's so friggin full of herself.  Why is she even still on the show?  She's neither a doctor nor married to one.  Did they keep her just to start trouble?  🤔 

• Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

Hopefully someone watched the reunion besides me.  Quad and Anila took lie detector tests.  Anila said they got robbed again in the summer.  Contess said she is the one who robbed their house.  She  had a great big blingy pin thing on her hair that she said she made out of the jewelry she stole from Anila.  Toya still getting blamed for the robbery which I think is horrible.  Anila still thinks the moving van costumes were funny.   Anila  was asked by a viewer how she had her furniture paid for by sponsors when she hasn't posted a blog in years.  She doubled down on that it was on instagram or something. I don't follow that or her.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Hopefully someone watched the reunion besides me.  Quad and Anila took lie detector tests.  Anila said they got robbed again in the summer.  Contess said she is the one who robbed their house.  She  had a great big blingy pin thing on her hair that she said she made out of the jewelry she stole from Anila.  Toya still getting blamed for the robbery which I think is horrible.  Anila still thinks the moving van costumes were funny.   Anila  was asked by a viewer how she had her furniture paid for by sponsors when she hasn't posted a blog in years.  She doubled down on that it was on instagram or something. I don't follow that or her.  

I watched last night but was exhausted from a long weekend and fell asleep.

Anila is annoying - well most of them were annoying last night.

• Love 3

I am curious how Quad bought that house.  Like Simone pointed out, she’s on the same show and practicing medicine and she wouldn’t take on something like that. 
What was Toya trying to prove with those checks? You can have money coming and still spend too much.

• Love 5
On 10/17/2022 at 7:36 PM, bichonblitz said:

The skinnier you are and the more flat chested you are to begin with and the less body fat you have the more "bolty" they will look. Bethenny Frankel also has that bolt on look because she is a skeleton.   

I call them tits on a stick

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I am curious how Quad bought that house.  Like Simone pointed out, she’s on the same show and practicing medicine and she wouldn’t take on something like that. 
What was Toya trying to prove with those checks? You can have money coming and still spend too much.

It's hilarious to me that these women are asking about how Quad has money. Simone straight up pretending that she hasn't been paying private school tuitions x2 and college tuition forever. How did Quad furnish her house, well she took the money you've spent in the last six years on private school and college ($25k x 2 x 6 = $300k) and instead spent it on herself.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

It's hilarious to me that these women are asking about how Quad has money. Simone straight up pretending that she hasn't been paying private school tuitions x2 and college tuition forever. How did Quad furnish her house, well she took the money you've spent in the last six years on private school and college ($25k x 2 x 6 = $300k) and instead spent it on herself.

Good point! 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I don't think Simone was pretending anything. She's a Dr. with a legit career and has a husband that works. We know where her money comes from. She's ( and many others) are questioning how Quad can afford this new lifestyle when she doesn't really have a career to support what she's spending. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Quad has 1) a divorce settlement decree which probably includes alimony or at least a lump sum; 2) Several years of Sister Circle host paychecks and 3) Seven seasons of MTM checks. Plus, Quad doesn't seem to label whore like Toya, Simone, Anilla, etc. She's often dressed nicely but isn't always in somebody's logos. Other than the car she bought to celebrate her separation from Doc, we haven't seen her splurge on herself before the house. 

It's nice to pretend like Quad has never worked, but she's clearly been busy since the divorce.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 10/26/2022 at 12:30 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Quad has 1) a divorce settlement decree which probably includes alimony or at least a lump sum; 2) Several years of Sister Circle host paychecks and 3) Seven seasons of MTM checks. Plus, Quad doesn't seem to label whore like Toya, Simone, Anilla, etc. She's often dressed nicely but isn't always in somebody's logos. Other than the car she bought to celebrate her separation from Doc, we haven't seen her splurge on herself before the house. 

It's nice to pretend like Quad has never worked, but she's clearly been busy since the divorce.

She's not a doctor, she's not married to a doctor. Why is she on the show? I can't stand her!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

So I think Anila and her husband’s moving costumes were very funny as a viewer who was stunned that Toya and Eugene were leaving their dream house,

However, since the people Anila and her husband were making fun of found it offensive, it wasn’t actually funny to their audience (I found it funny but I wasn’t the victim of their joke).

When their supposed friends who were the object of the joke were offended and found it the opposite of funny, they should have stopped and apologized but yet they continue to say it was funny in front of your offended “friends” and the camera, 

I actually am liking all here women less and less, but Anila just grates on my nerves a tiny bit more than the others.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I actually am liking all here women less and less, but Anila just grates on my nerves a tiny bit more than the others.

It's Quad for me.  She's just a nasty piece of work who is way too full of herself.  I was hoping that she would have been booted from the show after her divorce.  I'm convinced she's only there to keep drama going.  Ugh!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Toya and Eugene should have just laughed off the moving truck Halloween costumes.  The bigger deal they made if it the more life it had.  Come on, I was shocked at the start of the season when they sold there house and are back in a rental.  It isn’t even fair to their boys.  Didn’t the real estate shenanigans start when they put $50,000 down on a house and lost the money because they didn’t quality.  

On a shallower note, Contessa’s ponytail with the jeweled ornament looked silly.  Actually her whole hairstyle did. It is hard for me to believe that Toya’s dress was a Gucci but I found it online for $8500.  I didn’t think it looked good on her.  It looked like a bathing suit top with that gold pleated skirt and she looked huge on the bottom.  No wonder they have money problems.

C173732A-DE08-45F5-89B2-C822BF71A218.jpeg

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Contessa is full of shit. She put Scott on blast for two seasons. She used him for a storyline and now is mad at Heavenly for joking about it. That hair looked dumb and her boobs look terrible for being fairly new. I’m guessing it was a bad dress choice.

Anila also looked terrible. I don’t know if it’s the fillers or overdone makeup but I don’t think she’s a great advertisement for asshole Kieran. If Eugene didn’t think the joke was funny he shouldn’t keep defending it.  What if Toya and Eugene dressed up as burglars? It’s a joke assholes, laugh it up.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 10/31/2022 at 12:31 AM, swankie said:

It's Quad for me.  She's just a nasty piece of work who is way too full of herself.  I was hoping that she would have been booted from the show after her divorce.  I'm convinced she's only there to keep drama going.  Ugh!!!

I feel you on Quad.. she's exhausting. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 10/24/2022 at 10:33 PM, howiveaddict said:

Sunday night football was too good to miss live. Esp. last night with the Cheifs..

Did all of that fakeness hair come from Heavenly's hair place ?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Phaedra???  Why?  Did she get an MD to go with her law degree and mortician’s license?  Is she banging a doctor?  Or does Bravo just want to see us suffer?  Make it make sense.  Please!!!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, jalady said:

Phaedra???  Why?  Did she get an MD to go with her law degree and mortician’s license?  Is she banging a doctor?  Or does Bravo just want to see us suffer?  Make it make sense.  Please!!!

Phaedra is dating a doctor so that made her eligible for the crossover. Not sure how I feel about her. 

• Like 1
On 3/10/2023 at 6:01 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I'm probably in the minority.. but I like Contessa. I just don't care for her flakyness in career. Her ( and Dr Britten) story of becoming a debt free Dr by accepting a navy scholarship can help others - that needs to be shouted from the rooftops !!. Her journey about breast health was interesting and important to share. Her father's aging issues is important to share - as it could help others (ie don't let parents with health concerns wonder in ATL airport).

I didn't mind her for going a back to school - something that alot of us have to consider ( classes, certifications) at middle career  - I was mostly upset about the where . No, no boo - take your educated tail downtown to GA State or a county over to Emory and get all of the degrees you want/need. I would have given her a better pass if she drove an hour+ to UGA. I think if she paid more attention to her career and family - that fitness competition bullsh*t would have never came about - why not do something that all DRs preach to their patients - just 30 min of exercise a day....That is something your children can be proud of - mommy doing a 5k - clothed.

A husband and wife in practice together - still a little unsure of what specialty -  does make a story line, as no other wife on the show currently does that.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, sATL said:

I'm probably in the minority.. but I like Contessa. I just don't care for her flakyness in career. Her ( and Dr Britten) story of becoming a debt free Dr by accepting a navy scholarship can help others - that needs to be shouted from the rooftops !!. Her journey about breast health was interesting and important to share. Her father's aging issues is important to share - as it could help others (ie don't let parents with health concerns wonder in ATL airport).

I didn't mind her for going a back to school - something that alot of us have to consider ( classes, certifications) at middle career  - I was mostly upset about the where . No, no boo - take your educated tail downtown to GA State or a county over to Emory and get all of the degrees you want/need. I would have given her a better pass if she drove an hour+ to UGA. I think if she paid more attention to her career and family - that fitness competition bullsh*t would have never came about - why not do something that all DRs preach to their patients - just 30 min of exercise a day....That is something your children can be proud of - mommy doing a 5k - clothed.

A husband and wife in practice together - still a little unsure of what specialty -  does make a story line, as no other wife on the show currently does that.

I didn't care about the fitness competition which is a Bravo storyline (Tamra from the OC HWs, and Teresa from the NJ HWs). I don't particularly like her husband, but I like her.

On 10/26/2022 at 11:40 AM, bichonblitz said:

I don't think Simone was pretending anything. She's a Dr. with a legit career and has a husband that works  worked. We know where her money comes from. She's ( and many others) are questioning how Quad can afford this new lifestyle when she doesn't really have a career to support what she's spending. 

slight correction..

NCAA basketball is close to tournament time... any updates on the point guard Michael Whitmore ?

Edited by sATL
On 3/11/2023 at 2:23 PM, sATL said:

She went to Meharry which is the number two medical school for black doctors in the US. 

Meharry is the second-largest educator of African-American medical doctors and dentists in the United States.[7] It has the highest percentage of African Americans graduating with Ph.Ds in the biomedical sciences in the country.[8]

Sure, she could have gone to a local school, but perhaps she wanted the experience of attending an HBCU. Also keep in mind that the medical community for black doctors isn't very large. I'm sure she was well known in ATL, and perhaps didn't want to be taught by people that she had already worked with/associated with as colleagues.

I'm not going to hate on her simply because she chose to be educated at an HBCU vs a PWI

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

She went to Meharry which is the number two medical school for black doctors in the US. 

Sure, she could have gone to a local school, but perhaps she wanted the experience of attending an HBCU. Also keep in mind that the medical community for black doctors isn't very large. I'm sure she was well known in ATL, and perhaps didn't want to be taught by people that she had already worked with/associated with as colleagues.

I'm not going to hate on her simply because she chose to be educated at an HBCU vs a PWI

"hate on" is stronger that my feelings about her decision.

my "upset" is more at maybe it was a time to put family first - 3 young kids and a hubby, who is also in a demanding field/job hours, with from what we saw - no hired help for the home front. Then the money side it of - renting a house and flying back every weekend. Even though Nashville is close - flying every weekend can take a toll - just messing around with airports and flights.

Yes, we all wish we could have attended or even say "should have attended " xxx, but sometimes the family responsibilities have greater weight.

How much of HBCU life do you get to experience in a tough grad school program, older in age, and living a pvt house, and out of the area on the weekends ?

Does Morehouse  have the advanced medical degree pgm ?

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3

The "HBCU experience" is about being in a classroom that is often full of other people of color, being instructed by people of color and where the curriculum often includes a focus on how what is being taught impacts communities of color. In a degree for public health, that would not be the same at a UGa or Emory. While the social side of attending an HBCU often gets highlighted, people often lose sight of the fact that there may be substantial differences the kinds of education you receive when it is taught through that prism, especially if you are looking to provide services in and to those same communities of color. Doctors are still practicing with disturbing beliefs about physical differences in patients of color.

Several years ago, researchers at the University of Virginia, including Dr. Oliver, probed the beliefs of 222 white medical students and residents and published results in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. Half held false physiological beliefs about African-Americans. Nearly 60 percent thought their skins were thicker, and 12 percent thought their nerve endings were less sensitive than those of white people.

The medical students and residents who endorsed false beliefs like these were more likely to rate the pain of a black patient as less severe than that of an otherwise identical white patient and less likely to recommend treating black patients’ pain.

All the medical students and residents with these beliefs went through schools where they were not taught that there is no difference in pain or skin thickness based solely on the color of one's skin. So, there may have been completely valid professional reasons for choosing the Meharry program. I am in agreement with you that they should have worked harder to identify someone who could help in the home, but I also recall that there were 1-2 young ladies that were babysitters/tutors/etc. that were shown during that season as well. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 3/13/2023 at 2:36 PM, Rlb8031 said:

The "HBCU experience" is about being in a classroom that is often full of other people of color, being instructed by people of color and where the curriculum often includes a focus on how what is being taught impacts communities of color. In a degree for public health, that would not be the same at a UGa or Emory. While the social side of attending an HBCU often gets highlighted, people often lose sight of the fact that there may be substantial differences the kinds of education you receive when it is taught through that prism, especially if you are looking to provide services in and to those same communities of color. Doctors are still practicing with disturbing beliefs about physical differences in patients of color.

All the medical students and residents with these beliefs went through schools where they were not taught that there is no difference in pain or skin thickness based solely on the color of one's skin. So, there may have been completely valid professional reasons for choosing the Meharry program. I am in agreement with you that they should have worked harder to identify someone who could help in the home, but I also recall that there were 1-2 young ladies that were babysitters/tutors/etc. that were shown during that season as well. 

Babysitters who were relatives, so more trustworthy.

(edited)

Quad is out because Dr. Gregory, her ex-husband joined the show with his new wife, and she doesn't want to film with them.

Screenshot_20230404_032818_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2

I’m ok with Quad being gone, although I can’t stand her ex.   Quad was more of a pain in the ass as time went on and I think she was proud of being difficult.  Her head has been way overinflated for a while, now.   

• Like 1
19 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

I’m ok with Quad being gone, although I can’t stand her ex.   Quad was more of a pain in the ass as time went on and I think she was proud of being difficult.  Her head has been way overinflated for a while, now.   

I am happy the Quad is not on the show (her ex is unappealing in every way). I do not want their should to devolve into a shell of what made it so good ; thus my concerns with Phaedra joining the cast.

Bravo seems really unconcerned about the importance of what made shows great to begin with….

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
On 4/5/2023 at 12:56 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I wonder who Phaedra will have conflict with... cause I feel like she will with somebody if for no other reason than to keep her spot on the show. 

She’s been angling for any return to reality relevance and unless Kandi leaves RHOA, that is not an option.

I am more and more disgusted that Bravo keeps rewarding criminals, liars, and those that throw out spurious accusations with more moeny.

Married to Medicine was a different show, but now Phaedra is on it…

She can be entertaining but they fact that she made those horrible accusations against her then good friend Kandi and never apologized 

But then, Erika Jayne still have a job…

Not happy that Bravo is turning MTM into Real Housewives 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Well, Phaedra is on the show, unfortunately, will be ever see the doctor she’s dating?

Heavenly is messy and problematic, but I still like her. Probably would not like her or any of them as a friend.. (well, maybe Jackie and Simone).

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Well, Phaedra is on the show, unfortunately, will be ever see the doctor she’s dating?

Heavenly is messy and problematic, but I still like her. Probably would not like her or any of them as a friend.. (well, maybe Jackie and Simone).

I did enjoy seeing Aydin again.

It's amazing how much Sweet Tea looks like Toya.

• Like 5

So it looks like Quad is a "friend of" this season. I don't know that it's a good look to show up crashing your ex's fiancée's shower/bachelorette party, but a check is a check, right?

Dr. Gregory looks like he may not come out of this with his reputation intact.   

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I came here to post the same thing.  But it also looks like with each scene her face changes.  She's got a face that changes as you blink. 🤣  It looks like she and Heavenly will be butting heads all season.  We'll see how that plays out.  I'm glad she shut down the Quad talk.  I would also be pissed if people were talking about my fiancé's ex at my engagement party.  It was tacky for them to bring her up. 

• Like 8
14 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I did enjoy seeing Aydin again.

Mariah's husband?  shit, now I have to ff rewatch.   For a hot second I thought you were referring to Phaedra's sons who were somehow frozen in my mind at 18 months and 4 years old.  Ohmigosh they're still so cute! 

and somehow, not in a good way lol.  

4 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

So it looks like Quad is a "friend of" this season. I don't know that it's a good look to show up crashing your ex's fiancée's shower/bachelorette party, but a check is a check, right?

Dr. Gregory looks like he may not come out of this with his reputation intact.   

A check is check.  I don't know if he was ever doing his reputation any good but falling in love with self admitted golddiggers 15-20 years his junior is a tough image to improve.  I'll give it to her for confidence though.  I think my booty is formidable.  And I'd like my fiance to describe it similarly.  I doubt very much, that I'd meet his friends for the first time, let alone host them and open the door in coochie cutters.......with tassels.    Say what you will about Quadrafinka Webb, she would have never.   Andplusalso, chafing dishes and a butler would've been involved.  Even at a hoe down.   Teneasha and Keneasha.  Why do people do this?  It's gone be a long season   

2 hours ago, swankie said:

I came here to post the same thing.  But it also looks like with each scene her face changes.  She's got a face that changes as you blink. 🤣  It looks like she and Heavenly will be butting heads all season.  We'll see how that plays out.  I'm glad she shut down the Quad talk.  I would also be pissed if people were talking about my fiancé's ex at my engagement party.  It was tacky for them to bring her up. 

Yeah, it wasn't cool.  They got in their own lil world there for a minute.  But if you don't want chatter about your man's ex at your engagement party, you should probably host it at a venue that's not the house where he lived with her.   

I'm only here to see the fight that Keneasha and Heavenly inevitably get into and whatever embarrassing thing Phaedra's boyfriend does.  She didn't even finish saying he's from Nigeri....before I said:  in 5...4...3...  Shoutout to Nia Long.

6 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Were they in a place with real fur? What in the whole wide world? Hellishly is still heinous, fugly, and disgusting. Cannot STAND.

In hot ass Atlanta.  Yeah Phaedra's a co owner of the place.  I know that wasn't your point.  It's not politically correct, but that's not her priority.  If it don't make dollars, it ain't making cents.  

Pressuring your baby to go to a school near home cause you finna have trouble with it is concerning. 

• Like 6

I love this show; I think it is my favorite show on Bravo and I wish this forum were on the main page (it can replace/diisplace a Below Deck franchise or two).

Vulture recap:

https://www.vulture.com/article/married-to-medicine-recap-season-10-episode-1.html

I didn't even notice Contessa and the Indian woman didn't return this season.  Can't say I missed them although I did like Contessa. This season could be a lot of fun--I would love to see Phaedra take on both Quad and Heavenly.

• Like 7
11 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Were they in a place with real fur? What in the whole wide world? Hellishly is still heinous, fugly, and disgusting. Cannot STAND.

Yes, it was Phaedra's store who wears real fur herself....

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
6 hours ago, albarino said:

I love this show; I think it is my favorite show on Bravo and I wish this forum were on the main page (it can replace/diisplace a Below Deck franchise or two).

Vulture recap:

https://www.vulture.com/article/married-to-medicine-recap-season-10-episode-1.html

I didn't even notice Contessa and the Indian woman didn't return this season.  Can't say I missed them although I did like Contessa. This season could be a lot of fun--I would love to see Phaedra take on both Quad and Heavenly.

I like the show. I didn't miss Contessa, and especially her husband, and Anila, and her husband. There were reports that Quad didn't want to film with Gregory, her ex husband, and his new wife this season. 

Greg was abusive, but it seems this doesn't deter women like self professed gold digger Sweat Tea from DM him on IG. I'm not sure I want to see him all season long. 

Shocker! Simone and Cecil decided not to publish their book.

I always liked Jackie more than anybody else. And Eugene.

• Like 1
  • Love 1