Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jackie and Curtis in room with twin beds? hmmmm

Curtis and Cecil "managed" to get Scott to go all the way to Jekyll island on a couple of hours/days notice ?  hmmmm

Contessa thought it would be a good idea to get Scott to come knowing he might be ambushed with questions?? hmmmm

{sidenote: I think the real reason is the ladies needed a ride back - Lisa's RV  (or Bravo) budget was an one-way deal}

Scott was supposed to sit there at dinner and "be on trial with a smile" with 5-8 people firing probing and prosecuting questions , from all angles??? hmmm

Contessa brought a boatload of school books for a 3 day resting/resort vacation? hmmm

Toya: " Cheating can be emotional or physical. Let's be clear. Emotional is worse than physical " hmmm

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, red12 said:

The only thing I can say at this point is that Scott is distracting from the big con. He is throwing out illogical lies willy nilly and behaving erratically to distract from the essential thing he is doing. Keeping Contessa and even the viewers off balance and sure of nothing makes him able to continue with something else he is really trying to do.

I don't know if it's that he is organizing things financially for a divorce, solidifying a relationship with someone else so that he can do the Tarzan swing into a new household or what but, we need to hold on for the big reveal (probably after this season wraps). My best guess is the Tarzan swing where he is trying to grow the other relationship and demonstrate to that person that he really isn't invested in Contessa anymore and has moved on while he still has to stay for now. 

These reunion shows should be interesting.

Did Contessa give any hints or clues on WWHL last night ? I forgot to DVR it and it didn't repeat later into the night/early morning like it used to  (which I sure would like to know why Bravo doesn't do that anymore - only so much of "Christly knows best" reruns is needed to be aired) .

did catch a preview that Andy said he had a bunch of ??s for her.

And the last scene of the episode had Contessa and Scott grinning and skinning in beach water.. What was that supposed to be - one last fling with your spouse ?

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, sATL said:

And the last scene of the episode had Contessa and Scott grinning and skinning in beach water.. What was that supposed to be - one last fling with your spouse ?

It was a remix of the Michael & Ashley Darby "Everything's Better Than Ever" World Tour.

3 hours ago, sATL said:

Did Contessa give any hints or clues on WWHL last night ?

She said they were in counseling now and the therapist was helping Scott to see the things he's doing and saying is not good for the relationship.  She's wearing her wedding band but not her engagement ring.

I think Scott & Contessa faked the relationship problems (at Contessa's behest) to stay on M2M but now they're actually having problems for real and neither one know how to get themselves out of the mess they created.  Scott is doing something shady and Contessa isn't satisfied just being a wife and mother. The cure for this mess is honesty but both of them have faked the funk for so long they know if they were honest with themselves and each other, the relationship will be over.  Neither one want that so they'll continue to put on the Dysfunction Show.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

Miles still living at home with his pants hanging off his ass. Good job Simone and Cecil. 

I can't decide if I like Anila or not. 

Scott is acting all kinds of crazy/shady but the ladies have NO business prying in to their lives and questioning Scott like that while trying to eat dinner.  It's between Tessa and Scott. Butt out, bitches!

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Miles still living at home with his pants hanging off his ass. Good job Simone and Cecil. 

I can't decide if I like Anila or not. 

Scott is acting all kinds of crazy/shady but the ladies have NO business prying in to their lives and questioning Scott like that while trying to eat dinner.  It's between Tessa and Scott. Butt out, bitches!

I totally agree! Simone and Jackie must be so so full of themselves if they thought they could mend Contessa’s marriage. Jackie really needs to have a seat. No one wants marriage advice from the same person who chose to stay with Curtis. And while I can’t stand Scott, ambushing him at dinner was not ok and I can’t believe the women thought he would respond favorably. In fact, Contessa knew he would not want to answer questions about their marriage from the women. So why wouldn’t she give him a heads up and mention what they were all planning? Maybe she was hoping he would embarrass himself. Mission accomplished, I guess. He’s trash.

• Love 2

So why did Eugene and Toya list their house?  
Scott is getting naked pictures from women?  I’m surprised at him for saying he responded. He strikes me as smarter than Mike from Shahs who is also in a texting pickle. 
Anila and Lisa Nicole was filler but kind of funny. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Scott is getting naked pictures from women?  I’m surprised at him for saying he responded. He strikes me as smarter than Mike from Shahs who is also in a texting pickle. 
Anila and Lisa Nicole was filler but kind of funny. 

What I want to know his who is sending Curtis nudes and why does anyone want him unless it's a poly relationship where Jackie will still foot the bill? Curtis without Jackie's financial backing is not what I would think a thot would want.

Edited by red12
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, red12 said:

What I want to know his who is sending Curtis nudes and why does anyone want him unless it's a poly relationship where Jackie will still foot the bill? Curtis without Jackie's financial backing is not what I would think a thot would want.

A few years ago, I believe it was Greg who said the men get a lot of attention because of the show. The men to me seem like likable guys for the most part but I can’t see sending them dirty texts.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I thought Toya said on WWHL that since real estate has been so high during the pandemic, she was more curious to see what kind of offers they’d get.

• LOL 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

I thought Toya said on WWHL that since real estate has been so high during the pandemic, she was more curious to see what kind of offers they’d get.

correct. See link below for details.

Toya also strikes me as a person who sees wealth increases faster in real estate. Meaning, she prefers to get rich quick(er) by selling real estate and that includes her own primary home. 

Her "dream" is the sale/proceeds from real estate - not the real estate property itself.

https://www.realitytitbit.com/bravo/toya-married-to-medicine-house-for-sale

image.thumb.png.0a89ff099ad4f9b65b758a75010f6e60.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, sATL said:

correct. See link below for details.

Toya also strikes me as a person who sees wealth increases faster in real estate. Meaning, she prefers to get rich quick(er) by selling real estate and that includes her own primary home. 

Her "dream" is the sale/proceeds from real estate - not the real estate property itself.

https://www.realitytitbit.com/bravo/toya-married-to-medicine-house-for-sale

image.thumb.png.0a89ff099ad4f9b65b758a75010f6e60.png

Dumb broad. They sell then what? Housing to fit her ever growing need to keep up with the Joneses will be similarly inflated in price. Are they going to blow those sales proceeds on temporary housing, storage costs, etc. while starting the building process all over again thus wasting even more money?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Curtis was a pro basketball player.  He has his own money.

Curtis was drafted in 1981. According to his wiki "Berry wore jersey number 31 at the Kings' training camp and was not able to break into the Kings' roster which was loaded with tested forwards like Cliff Robinson, Reggie King, and Leon Douglas, from the Kings' camp, Berry went to join the Lancaster Lightning in the Continental league." 

My googling produced stats for 3 yrs overseas. I'm willing to be wrong. But, I don't see enough of a resume from professional basketball or coaching (prep school currently) to support the idea that his DMs are popping with nudes the way the clip from the reunion might lead viewers to believe. 

I don't think the man would be homeless without Jackie. But, life would definitely be different.

• Love 6

Chicks are jumping into the DMs of "regular" (non-tv famewhore) men that are in these guys demographics. Someone has convinced a bunch of 22 year-olds that their keys to future success are finding a 50-something sugar daddy. My friend who is active both on dating sites and on social media has shared with me some of the unsolicited notes he's gotten. I'm absolutely sure that all these guys are getting picture of half (or fully) naked women, even though some of them are nowhere near the hottest husbands on Bravo.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Chicks are jumping into the DMs of "regular" (non-tv famewhore) men that are in these guys demographics. Someone has convinced a bunch of 22 year-olds that their keys to future success are finding a 50-something sugar daddy. My friend who is active both on dating sites and on social media has shared with me some of the unsolicited notes he's gotten. I'm absolutely sure that all these guys are getting picture of half (or fully) naked women, even though some of them are nowhere near the hottest husbands on Bravo.

I'm truly saddened by the dysfunction these 22 yr olds must have escaped in their families of origin to believe any of this is a "key to future success". I'll officially take ya'lls word for it.

• Love 1
(edited)

On 6/23/2021 at 11:35 AM, Rlb8031 said:

On 6/23/2021 at 8:15 PM, red12 said:

I'm truly saddened by the dysfunction these 22 yr olds must have escaped in their families of origin to believe any of this is a "key to future success". I'll officially take ya'lls word for it.

Sometimes its about the game of the chase and not necessarily the "catch".

A 22 yr old getting bragging rights that one of the M2M OG men returned a DM/text/or even a block makes conversation - street cred.

And the same can be said about the "fish" (the husbands) they are trying to catch. The thought of getting an unsolicited pix or provocative message, can make a person feel young - like they still can be wanted in a nasty/secretive way.

However , the end of this sick game seldom turns out well . The fish and the fisher-woman, wind up swimming away from each other . And/or the fish get thrown back into the water - ie to their wives - so to speak.

14769885_fishingcartoon.gif.03efe41d22bf91b704e87c73b3771313.gif

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Toya is a 45-year-old woman worrying about whether another woman has paid a makeup artist on time. Get some business, damn.

On 6/22/2021 at 8:41 PM, Iguessnot said:

They sell then what? Housing to fit her ever growing need to keep up with the Joneses will be similarly inflated in price. Are they going to blow those sales proceeds on temporary housing, storage costs, etc. while starting the building process all over again thus wasting even more money?

Right - they have to live somewhere. And let's say they do get a million over asking; Toya is the type who will say "that means we can spend $5M on the next house," not "cool, our budget is $1M cash."

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I don’t understand why Contessa expected the group to speak for her when Andy asked about  divorce. That was.... odd. It felt like game play, and if so, that’s a really stupid idea. Divorce or threats of divorce are not something to be played around with. At this point, I think she and Scott deserve each other.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Toya is a 45-year-old woman worrying about whether another woman has paid a makeup artist on time. Get some business, damn.

Right - they have to live somewhere. And let's say they do get a million over asking; Toya is the type who will say "that means we can spend $5M on the next house," not "cool, our budget is $1M cash."

Right, it can’t be cheap to move so many times and they will need to do a lot over since most of their stuff was customized for that home. 
Quads home looked like a lot for a single woman to take on. 
Anilas mom won’t be allowed to cook in her new kitchen. 
The homes seem for more for showing off. 
Contessa and Scott seemed like a solid couple in their first season, I think the show is too stressful for most.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

The homes seem for more for showing off. 

Definitely. Anila's house is ridiculous. No one needs 14000 square feet; that's a "keeping up with the Joneses"/"our house is the biggest one on the block" house. Same with Toya and Eugene, although I suspect that they're selling their house because they might be in over their heads; they're not known for making good financial decisions (and I include Eugene in this too). They went through all this stuff about how this was their forever home, they wrote their names in the foundation, and now they're selling after only a few years? I don't buy it.

For Quad, it's a "mama, I made it" house. She kept saying how she did it on her own, I think because everyone assumed any money she had was linked to her ex-husband (including her ex-husband, who threw supporting her in her face during a fight). I doubt Quad will be maintaining the house herself. She'll hire people and she'll brag about being able to do that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

RE: " Lucy & Desi " ( ie Contessa & Scott) I've heard it,  have it on DVR (NBA playoffs were more pressing to watch), but still don't get it...The only point I understood  and agree with, was Cecil ..." I need hard facts and data".... Just what is/are the problem?

If they insist on putting their marital problem (s) on TV - then speak it plain. I get there are 2 sides to every story- but I'm not even hearing the one side.

Given they have been married 15/16 years, highly educated, and have 3 children, it shouldn't be to hard to clearly and specifically state (1) are you separated or not  and, (2) are either of you leaning/wanting to divorce, on the grounds of "Irreconcilable differences" - only b/c neither of them know what's going on?

Did Contessa say that graduate school stint in Nashville was actually a martial "separation", so that she could  retrain into a 9-5  specialty, to make being a single parent easier?

Toya: Appreciate the offer but , Contessa needs more than a Tynoeol. We all need a Tynoeol. Poor Anila & her husband- watching/listening to this drama live.

LucyDesi.gif.b1a1c9662fac6dee6b1a86450d901f34.gif

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8

https://www.essence.com/amp/entertainment/contessa-metcalfe/

Essence tried to get to the bottom ..." Childhood trauma"... "therapist asked that we wait six months before we proceed with anything..." Hmmmm

What is wrong with Contessa's right hand in the picture where she has on a white dress?

As big as their house is, for the sake of the kids, they can't agree to move to opposite floors or sides? Many divorced couples do live under the same roof or in close proximity to each other. The way Contessa was crying about having 3 kids, its not like they should be living  in dire financial ruin.

• Love 4

I don’t know that I believe they are really separated. It seems like they are trying to do what Simone and Cecil did a few years ago. Simone actually filed for divorce though and I felt like she was done at the time. With Contessa and Scott I don’t understand what is going on. Did he cheat? Why would he lie about a life coach? How was he so likable in their first season and now he’s not? What is she so upset about? How come Quad had to announce the so called separation?

• Like 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/12/2021 at 9:35 PM, sATL said:

Essence tried to get to the bottom ..." Childhood trauma"... "therapist asked that we wait six months before we proceed with anything..." Hmmmm

What is wrong with Contessa's right hand in the picture where she has on a white dress?

As big as their house is, for the sake of the kids, they can't agree to move to opposite floors or sides? Many divorced couples do live under the same roof or in close proximity to each other. The way Contessa was crying about having 3 kids, its not like they should be living  in dire financial ruin.

It looks like she has a henna tattoo on her hand. BTW, it looks like she has HUGE hands. I think its just an optical illusion, but its a little freaky

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, sATL said:

Seriously. The numbskulls opened a practice together despite their issues. They should get separate rooms in that huge house and see if they can create some harmony between themselves.

• Love 5

OMG, just started watching, but Scott is speaking a bunch of mumbo jumbo that makes absolutely no sense.

I’m not a fan of Contessa, but she deserves better than him. 

I personally find him to be very emotionally abusive.

• Love 6

My guess us that Scott has a pretty bad temper, and isn't used to having to explain his bad lies. Contessa gets it -he lies, she catches him in a lie, he changes his story, she trips him up again, he changes the story again. Its a merry-go-round that they've probably been on for a while, but watching Kieran be like "Dude, you suck at lying, but you've confused the shit out of me" was at least somewhat amusing. My guess is that the odds are 50/50 they stay together, but its like 20/80 that Scott goes to counseling

• Love 7

I believe Scott when he say he lied about the life coach. 100%! You know why? Cause I could tell the minute he said it. Once he went into that I was like oh no dude why are you even lying and the fact that Tessa accepted it even though it was written all over her face that she didn't believe him confused the crap outta me. THEY BOTH have some really bad issues with playing games with each other when they argue. Scott walked in on her talking to her life coach and offered to come back into the room when she was done which was the appropriate thing to do. Tessa roped him in and told him to stay then ambushed him with a heavy conversation that he wasn't ready for. Not to mention she was already in an emotional state and the man just walked through the door. 

Scott felt cornered and instead of just saying he still doesn't want a life coach he made one up thinking it was going to shut her up. Actually I think he did it cause the cameras were there. It seems like Scott is VERY uncomfortable sharing this side of the marriage with the cast and cameras which makes it very uncomfortable to watch cause I think a lot of the times he steps in it is cause he's trying to throw the viewers off. He doesn't want to come off as the bad guy and to be honest Tessa tends to throw him under the bus ALOT. It completely went left when he said he doesn't pay them and said it was a woman. He was just being a ridiculous mess instead of just holding his ground about not wanting to see a life coach. I felt like that whole exchange was him trying to patronize her and had nothing at all to do with him actually talking to any woman. 

It's obvious that Scott always feels like he's under attack and Tessa clearly approaches each conversation like a wounded victim. I think Scott is tired of the guilt tripping which is why he's always on the defense and dismissive cause in his mind he's thinking "uggghhh here we go again when it's poor beat up Tessa crying about how much of a monster I am" He's so stuck in that resentment that he's not letting him see that their is true pain there and not just theatrics. I think Scott does love her and Tessa loves him but I don't think they are there anymore. I also think that they have love for their family unit and don't fault them for thinking long and hard on how to keep the family together. 

This may be an unpopular opinion but I do believe in staying together for the kids as long as there isn't domestic violence and abuse. I don't see what's so hard about putting your own needs on hold while raising your children and providing them a stable home. I don't get this logic that two intelligent, grown adults can't function together in a home and find a way to enjoy one another enough so that the arrangement works. People act like its the worse sacrifice to consider but have no qualms about single mothers breaking their backs, barely seeing their kids to provide for them but sticking with a marriage where the marital aspect of it has disapated in order to be a loving family unit for the children is such an intolerable act of suffering. You mean to tell me that if two people aren't in the same kind of love they were in that they are absolutely incapable of providing a loving environment for their children if they put in the effort? All that needs to happen is that the growns ups come to an arrangement that they both agree to respect and keep it moving. Just because two people fall out of love doesn't mean that it means that environment is automatically going to be a living hell. 

It looks to me that it is VERY important to Scott and Tessa to be able to raise their children a one unit. Good for them. Nwo all they have to do is be honest with each other about what they are willing to do, to fix, to accept or to allow in order to pull that off and stop the voilatile environment they are creating around their children. That's the part they need to figure out cause it seems to me that they both have sort of decided to stick it out for the kids so then they better swallow their prides and call a truce and stop coming for each other all the time. Lay out the parameters and get on with it already cause they both know the other is committed to at least sticking it out for the childrens sake so damn, spell out the conditions already and see where that new approach takes you. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

watching Kieran be like "Dude, you suck at lying, but you've confused the shit out of me"

It was funny and I felt like he summed up my thoughts.

I still can’t stand the misogyny with this show.  On the skirts and acting like men and having to go through spouses of the opposite gender.  It’s ridiculous. I wanted to reach through the tv at Curtis and also a little with Quad.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I believe Scott when he say he lied about the life coach. 100%! You know why? Cause I could tell the minute he said it. Once he went into that I was like oh no dude why are you even lying and the fact that Tessa accepted it even though it was written all over her face that she didn't believe him confused the crap outta me. THEY BOTH have some really bad issues with playing games with each other when they argue. Scott walked in on her talking to her life coach and offered to come back into the room when she was done which was the appropriate thing to do. Tessa roped him in and told him to stay then ambushed him with a heavy conversation that he wasn't ready for. Not to mention she was already in an emotional state and the man just walked through the door. 

Scott felt cornered and instead of just saying he still doesn't want a life coach he made one up thinking it was going to shut her up. Actually I think he did it cause the cameras were there. It seems like Scott is VERY uncomfortable sharing this side of the marriage with the cast and cameras which makes it very uncomfortable to watch cause I think a lot of the times he steps in it is cause he's trying to throw the viewers off. He doesn't want to come off as the bad guy and to be honest Tessa tends to throw him under the bus ALOT. It completely went left when he said he doesn't pay them and said it was a woman. He was just being a ridiculous mess instead of just holding his ground about not wanting to see a life coach. I felt like that whole exchange was him trying to patronize her and had nothing at all to do with him actually talking to any woman. 

It's obvious that Scott always feels like he's under attack and Tessa clearly approaches each conversation like a wounded victim. I think Scott is tired of the guilt tripping which is why he's always on the defense and dismissive cause in his mind he's thinking "uggghhh here we go again when it's poor beat up Tessa crying about how much of a monster I am" He's so stuck in that resentment that he's not letting him see that their is true pain there and not just theatrics. I think Scott does love her and Tessa loves him but I don't think they are there anymore. I also think that they have love for their family unit and don't fault them for thinking long and hard on how to keep the family together. 

This may be an unpopular opinion but I do believe in staying together for the kids as long as there isn't domestic violence and abuse. I don't see what's so hard about putting your own needs on hold while raising your children and providing them a stable home. I don't get this logic that two intelligent, grown adults can't function together in a home and find a way to enjoy one another enough so that the arrangement works. People act like its the worse sacrifice to consider but have no qualms about single mothers breaking their backs, barely seeing their kids to provide for them but sticking with a marriage where the marital aspect of it has disapated in order to be a loving family unit for the children is such an intolerable act of suffering. You mean to tell me that if two people aren't in the same kind of love they were in that they are absolutely incapable of providing a loving environment for their children if they put in the effort? All that needs to happen is that the growns ups come to an arrangement that they both agree to respect and keep it moving. Just because two people fall out of love doesn't mean that it means that environment is automatically going to be a living hell. 

It looks to me that it is VERY important to Scott and Tessa to be able to raise their children a one unit. Good for them. Nwo all they have to do is be honest with each other about what they are willing to do, to fix, to accept or to allow in order to pull that off and stop the voilatile environment they are creating around their children. That's the part they need to figure out cause it seems to me that they both have sort of decided to stick it out for the kids so then they better swallow their prides and call a truce and stop coming for each other all the time. Lay out the parameters and get on with it already cause they both know the other is committed to at least sticking it out for the childrens sake so damn, spell out the conditions already and see where that new approach takes you. 

It’s NOT a stable home though. And it sets a BAD example for the kids. Been there (as a kid/teen).

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I used to think this way until I went through hell the past couple years in my marriage.  We've also tried counseling but certain factors just make it impossible to repair.  I feel as a parent that I need to be an example for my children and so far all they've seen is not ideal.  Not to mention that children pick up on everything and are smart, they can tell if parents aren't happy or are 'faking it'.  Now that my husband have decided to separate, it's like a weight has been lifted and things are less tense.  It's not easy, but sometimes it's the best decision for a family.  My teenagers have even told me this.  It's a sensitive subject, but there is no clear cut answer. What Scott and Tessa really need to do is get off this show and all social media.  Marriage is hard enough, but putting it all on TV?  No, no, no.

Andy really seems to enjoy this cast compared to others.  

Edited by KLJ
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
On 7/19/2021 at 9:29 AM, Rlb8031 said:

watching Kieran be like "Dude, you suck at lying, but you've confused the shit out of me" was at least somewhat amusing.

That was very funny.

I was moved by seeing how Eugene was affected by working in the ER during COVID. (It made me that much more annoyed that Toya was whining about not being able to go on vacation.) It was just really sad. I have no doubt that he held it together and was professional when caring for patients, but he's human and he's undoubtedly seen some horrible shit over the last 18 months.

• Love 8

Quad totally overreacted to Eugene's Twitter post. I was ashamed for her. Her response to Toya was weird too. Why is it so important to Quad that people know she is loved?? That's crazy. She seems all about appearances. Heavenly seemed obviously upset that Damon wasn't sitting there with her. I think she really hurt Simone's feelings when she was talking about her teeth. Heavenly might be a little off. I think Jackie thinks she's slow too,is the reason she befriended Heavenly in the first place I think. Her comment about Kary coming to the march was very strange to me. White women are very much in the black community. They love to date black men. That's why Kary was doing all that flirting with Curtis and she was shaking her boobs for Toya. Pathetic 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Kornfan said:

Quad totally overreacted to Eugene's Twitter post. I was ashamed for her. Her response to Toya was weird too. Why is it so important to Quad that people know she is loved?? That's crazy. She seems all about appearances. Heavenly seemed obviously upset that Damon wasn't sitting there with her. I think she really hurt Simone's feelings when she was talking about her teeth. Heavenly might be a little off. I think Jackie thinks she's slow too,is the reason she befriended Heavenly in the first place I think. Her comment about Kary coming to the march was very strange to me. White women are very much in the black community. They love to date black men. That's why Kary was doing all that flirting with Curtis and she was shaking her boobs for Toya. Pathetic 

I agreed with everything up until your last 2 statements. I’m not white, btw. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, zenme said:

I agreed with everything up until your last 2 statements. I’m not white, btw. 

Alright that's okay. I'm not surprised. I don't post on here to get likes ever. Not sure what you disagree about. Crazy 

• Love 1

Charles Barkley's Auburn? And everyone else on this list   ?

There has to be more to this story...from Lee University to Auburn b-ball ? I don't follow ncaa-mens bball too closely, but I believe Auburn is close to being in the top 25 , Division 1...Lee really helped Michael's game, huh..🤔

And I see Simone and Cecil are supporting  kiddo college changes..I figured after the oldest one, they would have adopted a rule "this is where you start, and this is where you finish".

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/dr-simone-whitmore-son-michael-college-update

Edited by sATL
9 hours ago, sATL said:

Charles Barkley's Auburn? And everyone else on this list   ?

There has to be more to this story...from Lee University to Auburn b-ball ? I don't follow ncaa-mens bball too closely, but I believe Auburn is close to being in the top 25 , Division 1...Lee really helped Michael's game, huh..🤔

And I see Simone and Cecil are supporting  kiddo college changes..I figured after the oldest one, they would have adopted a rule "this is where you start, and this is where you finish".

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/dr-simone-whitmore-son-michael-college-update

Its not unusual for kids playing basketball of football to do a year or two at a smaller D1 school then make the jump to a bigger program. I admit that I didn't think Michael balled like that, but this is pretty normal route for kids looking to play in that arena. The HS he went to produces a lot of D1 athletes in many sports, not just basketball. I've got a friend whose daughters are there now and both are looking to compete at the D1 level in college. He probably had some introductions from coaches, and my guess is that this route was planned from the beginning. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Its not unusual for kids playing basketball of football to do a year or two at a smaller D1 school then make the jump to a bigger program. I admit that I didn't think Michael balled like that, but this is pretty normal route for kids looking to play in that arena. The HS he went to produces a lot of D1 athletes in many sports, not just basketball. I've got a friend whose daughters are there now and both are looking to compete at the D1 level in college. He probably had some introductions from coaches, and my guess is that this route was planned from the beginning. 

ITA. If  a sport-centered source would come along to collaborate the news, and more importantly state how he will be an asset to the team on the court, as a red-shirt freshman , that would be a little more comforting.

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Michael-Whitmore/Summary/165338

https://auburntigers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/michael-whitmore/17821

Edited by sATL
On 6/22/2022 at 11:11 AM, Empress1 said:

I can’t take more of Contessa’s horrible acting.  They were asking way too much of her in order to stretch out a nothingburger for so damn long.   My opinion only, of course…

I don’t think it’s wise to let one’s marriage serve as their storyline.  It certainly won’t help an already struggling relationship, nor will it help a pretend-struggling relationship.  

I hope I’m wrong and that they’re ok, but I never bought it and wondered if it didn’t end up CAUSING problems.  If he was taking one for the team in the role of bad guy, I think it backfired.  If he was actually BEING a bad guy, I hope he got his shit together.  

That storyline made a good chunk of the season unwatchable for me.   Hoping this season is better and all marriages survived.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Not one comment on the season premier? Wow!

Interesting to see that some of the facades are starting to crack. Jackie last season along with Contessa, and it looks like perhaps Heavenly and Toya will happen this year. 

It was also nice to see Quad stepping into a new role. I loved when she told her nephew that they were going to be sad for a few moments, then they would wipe their eyes and get back to it. Hopefully this responsibility really helps ground her in a way marriage did not.

• Love 8

Quad losing her brother/her nephew losing his dad is really, really sad. I do wonder why Mason isn’t with his mom, but it does seem like Quad is a good “mauntie” and Lord knows she has plenty of space. 14000 square feet for one person is insane to me, but it’s not my house.

Toya and Eugene bought more land and are building a new house like a year after finishing their old one because… their pool was too small? What?

• Like 1
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Quad losing her brother/her nephew losing his dad is really, really sad. I do wonder why Mason isn’t with his mom, but it does seem like Quad is a good “mauntie” and Lord knows she has plenty of space. 14000 square feet for one person is insane to me, but it’s not my house.

Toya and Eugene bought more land and are building a new house like a year after finishing their old one because… their pool was too small? What?

Whenever I see non-biological kids on reality shows I wonder if it isn't simply a way to get some money to a kid without the adults having to gift it to them. Rather than setting up a college fund, you get the kid cast on the show. Even if they only make a couple of hundred dollars per episode, that money can sit there in a trust until the kid is old enough to spend it. It also keeps it out of the hands of the parents that may not be as responsible. I thought that was the case with the granddaughter on the Christly show, as well as some of the stepkids that show up on HW's from time to time.

• Useful 6
(edited)

welcome back !! I will be back later to chat more about the season premiere.. I have to watch it again... I was kinda bored, so to be fair I want to make sure it wasn't me.

What man.... what man... is going to allow his wife to be oogled by a "trainer" in his driveway?? let alone entertaining the thought wifey is going to be doing a "fitness" competition ? I would have signed her up for the Boston Marathon and then access her "fitness" - ie commitment ..

My mouth was hanging open when the trainer told her what exactly to change into ??

I would like to know why Scott didn't sign the divorce / house sale papers?? cheaper to keep her ???

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2