Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Am I the only person who is offended at Toya inviting not just the women she "dredged up from the bowels of hell" but then a whole other clan of folks in Maryland to come to the house? Her husband is a doctor. They had to fly private to assure everyone's health and then once they arrive in DC she's just going to invite a bunch of random chicks she knows over to the house to party while her husband is COVID testing 50k people? And then she scoffs when Heavenly calls her unintelligent????

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Am I the only person who is offended at Toya inviting not just the women she "dredged up from the bowels of hell" but then a whole other clan of folks in Maryland to come to the house? Her husband is a doctor. They had to fly private to assure everyone's health and then once they arrive in DC she's just going to invite a bunch of random chicks she knows over to the house to party while her husband is COVID testing 50k people? And then she scoffs when Heavenly calls her unintelligent????

Toya is just an unlikeable asshole. 

Also, I'm sick of people saying "anybody can be a dentist" like it's some kind of second class medical profession. It's not. It's a highly skilled profession and I don't see any other Dr's saying that, only their wives that have done nothing with their lives except marry a Dr., learn to play tennis, go shopping and continuously seek that bigger and better house. 

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Blondie.  

• Love 12
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Also, I'm sick of people saying "anybody can be a dentist" like it's some kind of second class medical profession. It's not. It's a highly skilled profession and I don't see any other Dr's saying that, only their wives that have done nothing with their lives except marry a Dr., learn to play tennis, go shopping and continuously seek that bigger and better house. 

And BTW, Dr Heavenly is actually very good at what she does. She may be rough and unrefined, but as someone who spent the years from 8-18 getting reconstruction of my mouth after a serious car accident, let me tell you that Heavenly knows her way around a mouth. Not everyone can put good looking teeth into someone's mouth that "fit" them. Heavenly isn't some bottom of the class dentist, she's got skills. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 4/11/2021 at 1:23 PM, StevieRocks said:

Ugh. I stopped watching M2M before because of that fugly hag, Heavenly, and I'll probably stop again just because I cannot stand the sight of her or that loud, screeching, cackling old-woman shrew voice. She was revolting enough in the beginning with that fake-ass Taliban "submission to your man" bs, and now she's even more gross as the drunk, insecure, intimidated, obese school-yard bully.

Although I don’t dislike her as much as you, I can get behind all of this except her being obese. She may be a few pounds overweight, but she is certainly not obese. I would estimate her to be a size 14. 

• Love 7

Toya turned up the annoying this season. I can’t stand Kari. The sound of her voice and her snobbish mannerisms. They should have scrapped Kari and got Dr. Darren to appear. 
Also I doubt the invite of the other 2 was much of a surprise . With Covid, they would have had to make arrangements such as testing and room on the plane....etc
What was wrong with Buffie as a friend? I kind of liked her and her husband seemed nice enough.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

It would have bugged me more if I believed it was a real situation. I do not believe production had no idea the two has been cast members were coming. Heavenly may not have known but, I believe their appearance was orchestrated. Also, how was there room for them on the plane and at the house if there was no preplanning involved?

In real life, Toya and Eugene (because he wouldn't have left Toya) would have been standing on the tarmac while I Venmo'd them their flight payment if it was my trip. But, that's not how this show is set up.

Edited by red12
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Toya turned up the annoying this season. I can’t stand Kari. The sound of her voice and her snobbish mannerisms. They should have scrapped Kari and got Dr. Darren to appear. 
Also I doubt the invite of the other 2 was much of a surprise . With Covid, they would have had to make arrangements such as testing and room on the plane....etc
What was wrong with Buffie as a friend? I kind of liked her and her husband seemed nice enough.

From what I gather in Buffie's social media, she didn't want to come back. She felt conned because she originally agreed to be a friend and Bravo basically mined an entire season (and more with the replays of scenes during this season) of drama from her uterus without compensating her as a full housewife. I can't imagine signing up for a job outlined as coming to some parties and possibly a trip to end up having my fertility and sanity up for debate so, I get it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, laprin said:

Although I don’t dislike her as much as you, I can get behind all of this except her being obese. She may be a few pounds overweight, but she is certainly not obese. I would estimate her to be a size 14. 

I like Heavenly. Yes, she's loud, and crass, and rude, but she can also be very funny and her heart's in the right place.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, laprin said:

Agree with you 100%. That's just my perception of her, and I believe it's how she still perceives herself. You're right, though. 100%. 😘

Dr Eugene is going to work himself into an early grave trying to maintain the lifestyle Toya thinks she deserves. 

I almost swallowed my gum laughing when Kari said "because Eugene is large" when Toya was complaining about their mattress. 

I like this show more than RHOA but I have to break my viewing up into multiple sittings because I yell at Toya too much and disturb the puppy.

Edited by Adgirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/19/2021 at 2:53 PM, spunky said:

I've dealt with perpetually late people like Contessa.  You always have to give them an earlier arrival time. If you need them somewhere at 6pm tell them to meet at 4pm, in that way they would be on time. 

And then they doubled down on their rudeness by not bringing masks to the table. I wish they had been banned from the photo op entirely but at least they were staged as far away as possible from the Rev.

I do continue to be grateful that she isnt the Sugeon General...

• Love 4
10 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

And then they doubled down on their rudeness by not bringing masks to the table. I wish they had been banned from the photo op entirely but at least they were staged as far away as possible from the Rev.

I do continue to be grateful that she isnt the Sugeon General...

I didn't notice the no mask thing with them. They're both doctors, they know better.  Contessa sometimes reminds me of a child of Caribbean immigrants. We try to achieve the highest goals, because that's what is expected  of us. Failure is not an option.  Her desire to be everything at once ,comes across as her trying to fulfill someone else's dreams for her life.

• Useful 1

Last night was interesting. I am unsure whether Contessa was knowingly gaslighting Toya or actually didn't remember saying the "intelligent side" comment. The "bitch" comment she made to the other women about Toya makes me think she was gaslighting. This episode also reiterated for me that both Contessa and Toya should stop drinking in theses social situations. They really devolve into embarrassing behavior.

Are they trying to backdoor pilot a Married to Medicine, D.C.? The D.C. dentist character was already annoying in just the few minutes of her talking about her high metabolism, hunger and whatever. I agree with Heavenly, you have a snack before going to people's houses so you aren't hangry before they can serve something. How does one earn graduate level degrees and have no idea how to quietly pull a friend to the side and ask for some chips because you are a little peckish? 

It should be interesting to see them with the Potomac ladies next week.

• Love 4
On 4/20/2021 at 4:35 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Buffy needed time to get herself together, emotionally she can't handle the stress this group brings.  Buffy spent the whole season crying.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, red12 said:

Last night was interesting. I am unsure whether Contessa was knowingly gaslighting Toya or actually didn't remember saying the "intelligent side" comment. The "bitch" comment she made to the other women about Toya makes me think she was gaslighting. This episode also reiterated for me that both Contessa and Toya should stop drinking in theses social situations. They really devolve into embarrassing behavior.

Are they trying to backdoor pilot a Married to Medicine, D.C.? The D.C. dentist character was already annoying in just the few minutes of her talking about her high metabolism, hunger and whatever. I agree with Heavenly, you have a snack before going to people's houses so you aren't hangry before they can serve something. How does one earn graduate level degrees and have no idea how to quietly pull a friend to the side and ask for some chips because you are a little peckish? 

Because she is an educated fool, that's how. The dentist just wanted some camera time, that's all. Jackie should have never invited them because this group never disappoints.  Simone knew this would explode, She brought the topic up on purpose and then had the nerve to look surprised at Toya ? 

On 4/20/2021 at 3:27 PM, Adgirl said:

Dr Eugene is going to work himself into an early grave trying to maintain the lifestyle Toya thinks she deserves. 

I almost swallowed my gum laughing when Kari said "because Eugene is large" when Toya was complaining about their mattress. 

I like this show more than RHOA but I have to break my viewing up into multiple sittings because I yell at Toya too much and disturb the puppy.

Poor Puppy.. Lol !!!

• Love 3
On 4/19/2021 at 3:37 PM, bichonblitz said:

Eugene 's mom knew just what to do, leave them cackling bitches to themselves and join the men. 

On 4/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Toya is so crass and embarrassing. Who else thinks she pressured Eugene into getting Testosterone? She totally strikes me as the type to cheat if you don't blow her back out at least 3-4 times a week, no matter the circumstances.

And you know this !!!!!!!!!!!  Lol !!!

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Eugene 's mom knew just what to do, leave them cackling bitches to themselves and join the men. 

And Toya didn't even notice she'd left until she came over to bitch at the husbands!  Poor momma Eugene.  She must have to bite her tongue A LOT.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

And Toya didn't even notice she'd left until she came over to bitch at the husbands!  Poor momma Eugene.  She must have to bite her tongue A LOT.

Kari is trying hard get her peach back.

38 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

On 4/20/2021 at 2:59 PM, StevieRocks said:

Agree with you 100%. That's just my perception of her, and I believe it's how she still perceives herself. You're right, though. 100%. 😘

Heavenly has the nerve to call Buffy fat ..Chile please she's just one hamburger away . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/19/2021 at 3:37 PM, bichonblitz said:

On 4/19/2021 at 3:14 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Also Toya really behaved like this was her trip and not Heavenly's and Damon, behaving as if Al Sharpton called her instead of Heavenly. Inviting whomever and I also wonder of Lisa and Kari paid their share for the private plane and the rental home. I believe not especially since Heavenly did not know they were coming .   

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3

Toya does not need to return next season.  She believes all attention is good attention, even if she ends up embarrassing her husband.  I can't say herself because I don't think she has that emotion. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, byrd said:

I also think she didn't want to be on camera much. When she first appeared, she barely looked up.

• Love 1

Speaking of 'extending invites' what's with Jackie inviting 2 (or was it 3) Dr friends? One of them seem to forgot she was at a back yard BBQ with out-of-town people who rented the house themselves- she had a drink order like she was at a restaurant with a full bar & bartender. Jackie should have told her BYOB.

And that one Dr was just one cough away from her girls popping out for all to see.  There's a difference in attire when one it at a pool with people you see all of the time/at a beach vs. a pool side party with people who you don't know, except for 1 person.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Speaking of 'extending invites' what's with Jackie inviting 2 (or was it 3) Dr friends? One of them seem to forgot she was at a back yard BBQ with out-of-town people who rented the house themselves- she had a drink order like she was at a restaurant with a full bar & bartender. Jackie should have told her BYOB.

And that one Dr was just one cough away from her girls popping out for all to see.  There's a difference in attire when one it at a pool with people you see all of the time/at a beach vs. a pool side party with people who you don't know, except for 1 person.

I called bullshit on this particular story. Jackie called them her "friends" but then she didn't know what their individual specialties were. Granted I know all these folks meet each other at national medical association (NMA) annual meetings, but at a minimum folks know if someone is an OB-GYN, dermatologist, podiatrist, etc. Not being able to name the specialties of your "friends" makes them not so much friends as acquaintances.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Eugene's mom could not possibly like Toya. Right?

I get the feeling that his mom takes a similar mind frame as a relative of mine who says that she tries to be cordial/nice to her son's serious girlfriends/wives because they might be in charge of her care one day and she DOES NOT want them having grudges to settle when she is too weak to defend herself.

Edited by red12
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, byrd said:

Also, I'm sick of people saying "anybody can be a dentist" like it's some kind of second class medical profession. It's not.

It kind of is.  For example, physicians have general standards of practice they follow, dentists do not.  They are all over the map.  They are quacks in that regard.  

On 4/26/2021 at 8:13 AM, red12 said:

Contessa knew exactly what she said, but she was called out and was unprepared to defend it. So let's play I don't remember? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Anila asking Curtis and Cecil to take pictures of her 🤣 Their reactions 🤣 

I prefer Mariah, I don’t find Anila entertaining although her husbands snark is kind of amusing.

This was so funny , cracked me up!!  Lol !! They knew better ...she crazy as hell she is !!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2021 at 8:13 AM, red12 said:

There was a Housewives of DC but it was not renewed, if they decide to bring it back they need to recast because the women and the storylines were boring. 

On 4/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, laprin said:

Just now, byrd said:
On 4/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, laprin said:

Heavenly wants to call Simone out on her fashion choices but Heavenly needs a stylist . I like Simone 's cute black skit and white blouse at the dinner.  A classic look . 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, byrd said:

Heavenly wants to call Simone out on her fashion choices but Heavenly needs a stylist . I like Simone 's cute black skit and white blouse at the dinner.  A classic look . 

I thought Simone looked nice too. The doctors, Heavenly included, are typically not as glammed up as the wives. Honestly, I could do without all the glam. At times they look too theatrical.

• Love 5
On 4/27/2021 at 7:08 AM, albarino said:

It kind of is.  For example, physicians have general standards of practice they follow, dentists do not.  They are all over the map.  They are quacks in that regard.  

I'm not sure where you heard this, but it is absolutely untrue.

I dont have a problem believing the "intelligent side" comment was made; I have a big problem believing it was aimed at Kari!

• Love 4

It really bothers me that them men and women on the show were talking about how wonderful Reverend Jamal Bryant is and we’re excited to see him.

He is such a charlatan full of empty, meaningless words that aren’t followed up by actual actions.

M2M highlighting him is highly disappointing.

• Love 12

Toya counseling Anila on money management, just no.  Although I’m surprised the hair/makeup services weren’t prepaid, it does seem like something you’d pay for immediately afterwards.

Loved seeing Anila and then later Kary putting Heavenly in her place. I can’t stand her cackling and of course she made Alaura help clean the plates.  I think everyone should help but women’s work talk is tiring.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/1/2021 at 6:29 PM, bref said:

I'm not sure where you heard this, but it is absolutely untrue.

I beg to differ but it is either absolutely true or there are a lot of quack dentists out there.

Dentists who worked for me told me this and when I asked why I had to have them review dental treatment plans from other civilian dentists (even the minor treatment plans), they said there were many quacks/gravy train billers out there.

So I didn't hear it, I know it.

Edited by albarino

I'm happy Dr. Damon had that conversation with his sons about interacting with the police.  Unfortunately one little interacting could ruin your life or end it if you're Black ,especially if you're a Black man.

Heavenly escalated that conversation with Quad.  Quad was trying to take responsibility for misunderstanding the emojis. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, albarino said:

I beg to differ but it is either absolutely true or there are a lot of quack dentists out there.

Dentists who worked for me told me this and when I asked why I had to have them review dental treatment plans from other civilian dentists (even the minor treatment plans), they said there were many quacks/gravy train billers out there.

They do seem want you to get extra things done. My dentist has  people who also do botox at the office. And she wanted my husband  to get all his filllings replaced before they started coming out. His fillings are about 40 years old and he has not had trouble with them day one.  

Eye doctors push lasik surgery.

However, there are plenty of physicians who do extra things like botox to make money. .  My former doctor sold my friend diet supplements.  I guess there is a level  of MLM in all professions.  

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, albarino said:

A quack to me is a fake, someone with no credentials. A "gravy train" biller implies to me someone padding charges. Both of those things are different from someone who upsells procedures, which is not unethical and certainly not illegal. 

You also stated dentists have no credentialing or general standards of practice, which again is absolutely false if you are speaking of the US. I have no idea where you got that information.

Of course there are some bad eggs but no more than in any other profession. And stating that anyone can become a dentist is just silly. It takes eight years of education and getting into dental school is competitive.

Edited by bref
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ugh not Jamal Bryant.  What a condescending asshole.  The way he talked to Dr. Damon was SO rude.  Dr. Damon seems like such a kind and intelligent man, and also a loving father and husband.  Guess Jamal was intimidated because he is none of those things.

CONEtessa is BEC to me.  I’ve never warmed to her from day 1 and it just gets worse.  I hope that dinner scene with the ladies was edited to look like it was dominated by her and her cheater cheater pumpkin eaters talk, but if not?  Way to bring down what was supposed to be a fun ladies night out.  She is just such a wet blanket all the time.  And what was her comment about Toya taking about Dr. Eugene’s low T?  That was TMI?  I thought it was pretty mild and certainly not graphic or inappropriate.  

It also occurred to me that every single one of those women at that table except for Heavenly, Toya and Kari (oh and Anila as far as we know) has dealt with some form of infidelity in their marriage and accepted it.  I’m going to assume Scott has cheated the way she was going on about it.  That’s just sad to me, but I have zero tolerance for liars and cheating is lying.  And I’m single.  So maybe I’m also too judgmental. I have to laugh because Gizelle would love nothing more than the world to forget about Pastor Holy Whore’s cheating ways and Robyn falls on that side of things too.  I think she would also like to rewrite history with Juan as some present and doting husband and father, which we all know is not exactly the case (he may be that NOW, but I have my doubts).  So to have them both as guests where they weren’t the stars of the show and kind of had to go along with the table convo was kind of fun to see.  Because on their own show they would not let that fly.

I wonder if Anila’s mom stiffs service people, too?  It wouldn’t surprise me.  She clearly thought it was just fine what she did, so I’m guessing it’s “normal” to her.  And based on what we have seen of her mom....hmmmmm.

I love Alaura!  

On 5/2/2021 at 10:33 PM, Stats Queen said:

It really bothers me that them men and women on the show were talking about how wonderful Reverend Jamal Bryant is and we’re excited to see him.

He is such a charlatan full of empty, meaningless words that aren’t followed up by actual actions.

M2M highlighting him is highly disappointing.

How come he can make an appearance on this show but its hit or miss on RHOP ?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just don't get if Contessa and Scott are barely making/faking it as an happily married couple outside of working hours - why go into a business practice with him ? Especially a new one?

And looks like that practice decorator put all of the money and style into their office...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 5/3/2021 at 4:48 PM, howiveaddict said:

They do seem want you to get extra things done. My dentist has  people who also do botox at the office. And she wanted my husband  to get all his filllings replaced before they started coming out. His fillings are about 40 years old and he has not had trouble with them day one.  

Eye doctors push lasik surgery.

However, there are plenty of physicians who do extra things like botox to make money. .  My former doctor sold my friend diet supplements.  I guess there is a level  of MLM in all professions.  

I think it depends on where a DR is in their career ... A new doctor isn't going to have the training/experience/staff to be pushing extras. A doctor who is comfortable in their profession, already has a stable patient base and don't need the extras. 

I also think specialists (internist vs. GP/PA/NP) doesn't push extras as much. Same is true for eye DRs.

It also depends on the base patient ins level. If most of the patients have insurance (ie stable payment) from medicaid/medicare to private ins, they aren't going to push a bunch of extras that is not covered by ins. But if the Dr perceives his patient base can afford, or alot pay cash (ie no ins) or want the extras - here we go with upselling.

Last - it depends on the patient . If I sniff a hint of upselling the first thing I say "call the ins to see what they are going to pay".  That tends to end the conversation, unless something is medically necessary.

• Love 1