Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, albarino said:

Unrelated to M2M, this breaks my heart.  I hope the childs have found the self-motivation to keep up with their studies and I hope they end up on top.

Me too, and I couldn’t help because I’m really high risk.

These kids are amazing and several of them are old enough to help their siblings.

• Love 3
On 3/22/2021 at 9:39 PM, Rambunctiouscurls said:

He was beyond exasperated before he even walked into the door and was extra snarky to the mother! 😂 They must visit a lot. 

Yep - I got the impression that they’re there a lot, that he wishes they were there less, and that Anila knows that and it’s a strain. The way she looked down in her talking head when she said she saw her parents frequently said a lot.

11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Toya is just an amazingly self-centered person. COVID and her children having to go to school remotely apparently interfere with her life of playing tennis or ????

Self-centered and vapid as hell. She’s a stay at home mom; this is her job. If she doesn’t want to do it, she can afford help. She could have podded up with a couple of other families in the neighborhood and shared resources, she could have hired tutors (and probably should; if she thinks the plural of child is childs, maybe she should leave the educating to someone else), and even if she can’t do that, complaining about it to her husband, who is working 14 hours a day caring for people with a potentially fatal respiratory illness, is not a good look.

”Why did Anila invite Contessa?” Because they’re cast members on the same show. Come on. Let’s not pretend we don’t know they’re on TV.

• Love 6

During one of the rants of Dr. Simone and Dr Jackie - I wish they would explain how big is their practice and the percentage of mommies who deliver on a given night, that use their services as opposed to a midwife.  I'm not understanding the business side of delivery-to-dr oncall ratio.

For example - I take they are on call for a time for all of the doctors (ex 5)  in the practice. As an example, each dr has two patients who goes into labor Wed 3/24. So that is 10 babies.  So does it really happen that on Thur 3/25 - there are 10 more new babies to deliver ? And then 10 more on Friday 3/26, and so on - it never ends?

It just seems like there would be a night or two where , not counting multiple births, there is no baby. After all it takes 9 months... During my last few visits to the OB there were quite a few women who were not noticeable pregnant..It almost like as soon as a women deliver's they (Drs Jackie and Simone, independently) are on the hunt to find another mommy (new or repeat) to come into the pregnant/delivery rotation - ie get penciled in 9 months from March 2021...Heaven forbid a mommie-to-be walks in the door several months pregnant- which increases the delivery curve, in a time frame shorter than 9 months...

I do remember there were a few news stories of mommies who chose other delivery options to keep from going into the hospital during the height of the pandemic.

Edited by sATL
On 3/23/2021 at 9:30 PM, Stats Queen said:

Eugene is a major hero.

A hero indeed. A frontline worker putting endless hours in helping to save lives in this awful pandemic. Toya should be shamed right off the show. I'm surprised she hasn't received a whole lot of backlash on SM and the show from her peers for her attitude. She should have been shut the fuck down at that dinner right away by the other Dr's that were there. Instead everybody sat there and let her rant. That's the problem with her, nobody ever calls her out to her face.  She is disgusting and I feel for Eugene. I have no idea why he puts up with her. Because of the kids? Because he will lose shit tons of money if they divorce? It might all be worth it just to get rid of her. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, sATL said:

During one of the rants of Dr. Simone and Dr Jackie - I wish they would explain how big is their practice and the percentage of mommies who deliver on a given night, that use their services as opposed to a midwife.  I'm not understanding the business side of delivery-to-dr oncall ratio.

For example - I take they are on call for a time for all of the doctors (ex 5)  in the practice. As an example, each dr has two patients who goes into labor Wed 3/24. So that is 10 babies.  So does it really happen that on Thur 3/25 - there are 10 more new babies to deliver ? And then 10 more on Friday 3/26, and so on - it never ends?

It just seems like there would be a night or two where , not counting multiple births, there is no baby. After all it takes 9 months... During my last few visits to the OB there were quite a few women who were not noticeable pregnant..It almost like as soon as a women deliver's they (Drs Jackie and Simone, independently) are on the hunt to find another mommy (new or repeat) to come into the pregnant/delivery rotation - ie get penciled in 9 months from March 2021...Heaven forbid a mommie-to-be walks in the door several months pregnant- which increases the delivery curve, in a time frame shorter than 9 months...

I do remember there were a few news stories of mommies who chose other delivery options to keep from going into the hospital during the height of the pandemic.

Here is a description of a day in the life of an OB-GYN. While the doctor in this piece seems to only work at a hospital and not have a separate practice, I'm sure its fairly similar. One thing to keep in mind is that delivering babies isn't necessarily time driven. One deliver may take 2 hours and the next one takes 14. One key thing is that it sounds like the on-call doctor covers everyone's patients until they get close, then the actual doctor comes in for the delivery unless they are on vacation or in another birth.  So you might be monitoring 10 patients but you are only actually delivering your 2 and maybe anyone who is out of the office that day.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

She is disgusting and I feel for Eugene. I have no idea why he puts up with her. Because of the kids? Because he will lose shit tons of money if they divorce? It might all be worth it just to get rid of her. 

I know this is a radical thought, but I think Eugene actually loves Toya, and while he sees her shortcomings, she is exactly who he chose to spend the rest of his life with. I agree that he needs to put some brakes on her spending, but its not like he's been tricked into this relationship, This is the woman he wants to be with.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

know this is a radical thought, but I think Eugene actually loves Toya, and while he sees her shortcomings, she is exactly who he chose to spend the rest of his life with. I agree that he needs to put some brakes on her spending, but its not like he's been tricked into this relationship, This is the woman he wants to be with.

I'm sure he loved her when he married her. I'm also sure she is exhausting him with her big mouth and all of her constant wants and needs and lack of empathy for how hard Eugene works. That can wear on a person after so long.  

• Love 11

Heavenly's children seem very intelligent and nice. I think Toya had misplaced anger. She was really mad at Contessa. But I think she's a little scared of Contessa too. I don't understand Contessa's dislike for Toya though??? Anila can defend herself. But I agree with Anila that brown and black people are the same.

• Love 2

I feel bad for Toya's husband. He seems like a great husband and father. But it's like whenever he gives her just a little criticism she gets defensive. Now he's one brotha I would say maybe he should date or marry outside of his race. But Toya is from Detroit like Kenya Moore,so....but Toya does look prettier this season. She looks like she lost some weight.

Edited by NihadsWife
  • Love 2

Heavenly asked her 19 yr son to top her drink off with some Crown ??

why wasn't the graduation party in an OBGYN office parking lot combined with  the B-Ball shootout?

Toya rolling up with a carful guests - I just hope that wasn't a surprise to Heavenly...

Michael left earning bugs me... not sure why..

On a serious note: I do agree with the bigger point of Anila's father. Every family needs to have the painful  necessary discussion, putting wishes/plans on paper,  what happens when a loved one dies.  Especially after this year.  🙏

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

I don't think Eugene needs either to date or marry outside of his race. I just think his wife needs a little bit of self-awareness and maybe to humble herself. I wish Toya would spend her energy trying to do something. Tennis is a start, but maybe something selfless as well? Package meals for the homeless? Collect donations for a food pantry? Something. 

Heavenly asked her 19 yr son to top her drink off with some Crown ??

Okay, as a child of the 70's I see nothing wrong with this. I grew up in a time when every home had that wet bar/ record player/ tv combination console. Us kids learned how to mix drinks for our parents and would fight over who got to tend bar during card nights and Tupperware parties. I learned how to use jiggers to measure and make martinis at home YEARS before I ever thought to drink.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I don't think Eugene needs either to date or marry outside of his race. I just think his wife  needs a little bit of self-awareness and maybe to humble herself. I wish Toya would spend her energy trying to do something. Tennis is a start, but maybe something selfless as well? Package meals for the homeless? Collect donations for a food pantry? Something. 

Okay, as a child of the 70's I see nothing wrong with this. I grew up in a time when every home had that wet bar/ record player/ tv combination console. Us kids learned how to mix drinks for our parents and would fight over who got to tend bar during card nights and Tupperware parties. I learned how to use jiggers to measure and make martinis at home YEARS before I ever thought to drink.

I crossed 70's into the 80s as a child- teen.  I can remember bringing beer from fridge to outside/backyard/next room. I knew where the hard stuff was (behind stuff in an infrequently used cabinet) , but I don't think I was supposed to know.. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I like Michael and Simone’s relationship this season.  I’ll say it again, but Simone really should’ve invited Curtis and Jackie to the graduation party.

Heavenly is annoying AF but her kids are gorgeous.  She needs to keep her antiquated opinions to herself.  She picked the worst moment to try to educate someone, although I would not be inclined to listen to her at all.

Upthread regarding Contessa not listening and sometimes lacking empathy is true.  I don’t think Contessa was threatening, but she was rude at the dinner and to Anila’s mother.  She should’ve shown respect for an elder.  “Don’t put you hands on me,” in that moment would apply to a peer, not someone’s mother trying to break up the argument.

• Love 6

I know Heavenly comes too hard for the wives but I had to laugh at Anila saying she’s a blogger. There’s no way Heavenly is going to acknowledge that as a career. And I don’t blame her. 
Toya is extra annoying this season. What an ungrateful bitch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I truly understand Anila worrying about caring for her mom once she gets older. In most Caribbean cultures we're also expected to care for our aging parents.  I see why Anila is a bit extra, she gets it from her mother. I'm sure her friendship with Toya will take a nose dive by the end of the season.

I don't blame Contessa for not respecting Toya. It's one thing to be a stay at home mother and wife who ensures her household is taken care of. It's another thing to, constantly start drama, and be judgmental  of the other women while spending all of your husband's money. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I know Heavenly comes too hard for the wives but I had to laugh at Anila saying she’s a blogger. There’s no way Heavenly is going to acknowledge that as a career. And I don’t blame her. 
Toya is extra annoying this season. What an ungrateful bitch.

anybody knows that does Anila blog about ?

Dr. E must have been pretty horney to get out of a sleep after the hours he's been working to go sit in the tub in with Toya in the middle of the day.  I thought it was a little inconsiderate of Toya to wake him. Her needs, for once, could have waited. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, spunky said:

I don't blame Contessa for not respecting Toya. It's one thing to be a stay at home mother and wife who ensures her household is taken care of. It's another thing to, constantly start drama, and be judgmental  of the other women while spending all of your husband's money. 

I just find it so gross for her to be concerned with material things when half a million people are dead (which means millions are grieving), who knows how many more have long-term health problems, and the virus has destroyed peoples' lives even if they survived it. I watched a segment on 60 Minutes about those we have lost to COVID. Heartbreaking stories. There was one woman who had to get her deposits back for her wedding to put toward her fiance's burial. Another whose husband spent months in the hospital and ultimately died, and the medical bills were $4M so she spent the first months of bereavement fighting with her insurance company. Another who was primarily a SAHM and had to figure out how she could support her kids once the life insurance ran out. And Toya's like "boo hoo, I can't go to Italy," TO HER HUSBAND who is treating COVID patients. How about teaching her boys how to be of service? Organizing a food pantry or something for those who lost their jobs (because oh yeah, millions of people lost those too)? Just ... anything other than whining about how COVID affects HER, in her mansion with her health and money intact.

Heavenly's son is cute and seems bright.

On 3/29/2021 at 11:37 AM, sATL said:

On a serious note: I do agree with the bigger point of Anila's father. Every family needs to have the painful  necessary discussion, putting wishes/plans on paper,  what happens when a loved one dies.  Especially after this year.  

Yep. I've seen how it goes when affairs are in order, and I've seen how it goes when affairs are not in order. It is a kind and loving thing to do for those you leave behind to have your affairs in order. (Prince, may he rest in peace, was on some bullshit.)

6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I know Heavenly comes too hard for the wives but I had to laugh at Anila saying she’s a blogger. There’s no way Heavenly is going to acknowledge that as a career.

Is it, or is it a hobby? Does Anila's blog generate revenue?

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I just find it so gross for her to be concerned with material things when half a million people are dead (which means millions are grieving), who knows how many more have long-term health problems, and the virus has destroyed peoples' lives even if they survived it. I watched a segment on 60 Minutes about those we have lost to COVID. Heartbreaking stories. There was one woman who had to get her deposits back for her wedding to put toward her fiance's burial. Another whose husband spent months in the hospital and ultimately died, and the medical bills were $4M so she spent the first months of bereavement fighting with her insurance company. Another who was primarily a SAHM and had to figure out how she could support her kids once the life insurance ran out. And Toya's like "boo hoo, I can't go to Italy," TO HER HUSBAND who is treating COVID patients. How about teaching her boys how to be of service? Organizing a food pantry or something for those who lost their jobs (because oh yeah, millions of people lost those too)? Just ... anything other than whining about how COVID affects HER, in her mansion with her health and money intact.

Two of my friends from grad school had Covid last year.  One of them now has an irregular heart beat and may need a pacemaker. We're all in our thirties and she used to run marathons. Another one of my friends lost her mom to COVID  a month ago. 

I have absolutely no sympathy for vapid,  selfish Toya, who is living her best life in a cushy mansion. What's even worse is the fact that she's married to an ER physician and has absolutely no empathy for him or for everyone else dealing with this pandemic. 

• Love 11

It’s a bit unclear to me-How does the Indian doctor really feel  about his mother in law? 🤣 

Heavenly’s tooth analogy as it relates to BLM was spot on. I didn’t mind her asking her 19 yo son to pour her a drink. Heck that is the drinking age in many countries and my unofficial drinking age in the US. 😂

Jackie comparing the vagina to Jesus was hilarious! 😂 

Anila is def as extra as her mom. Annoying!

I am still watching so I may be back with more thoughts. 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

It’s a bit unclear to me-How does the Indian doctor really feel  about his mother in law?

Didn't Anila say that if her parents moved in with her & her husband, she'd end up divorced? I don't blame him - the mother was getting on MY nerves and I was just watching it. He's undoubtedly heard her tell him everything he should be doing for as long as they've been together. (Also what about his parents? I would assume the cultural expectation is there for him too, to take care of his parents. Hell, with 14000 square feet they could all live there.)

14000 square feet (which I think was her idea; the way he said "our kids need playrooms on every floor because apparently they can't walk up stairs" was telling) is way, way, way too much house IMO unless you're that family that has like 25 kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Didn't Anila say that if her parents moved in with her & her husband, she'd end up divorced? I don't blame him - the mother was getting on MY nerves and I was just watching it. He's undoubtedly heard her tell him everything he should be doing for as long as they've been together. (Also what about his parents? I would assume the cultural expectation is there for him too, to take care of his parents. Hell, with 14000 square feet they could all live there.)

14000 square feet (which I think was her idea; the way he said "our kids need playrooms on every floor because apparently they can't walk up stairs" was telling) is way, way, way too much house IMO unless you're that family that has like 25 kids.

I agree. He seems fed up and rightly so. She was expecting an Indian mansion or hacienda in Georgia which is absurd. With a house that big also come big bills and huge maintenance fees and his wife has given up a job to become a blogger? I checked out her blog and her style doesn’t appeal to me.

Granted he probably makes more than an ER or primary care physician but I bet he supports the entire extended family as well. He seems stressed and like a deer in headlights most of the time. 

• Love 5
(edited)

For someone who cites blogging as her career, Anila's blog is pathetic.  There is nothing posted since December 2019, and even before that she averaged only one idiotic post per month.  And she writes like a 13-year-old.  But I'll allow that she does deserve *some* kind of credit for achieving most-annoying status on a show that also includes Toya and Heavenly.  

Edited by TV Glotzer
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 3/30/2021 at 10:15 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

14, 000 sq feet could have been put to better use. A guest house would make much more sense than multiple playrooms. Especially since the Dr. doesn't get along with the in-laws. 

Toya talking about her $350 workout gear 🙄

This ! The guest house or an in law suite would have been a much better use. The kids will eventually grow up and not need those playrooms. Besides they should be getting outside to play anyway! As the babysitter of my siblings, I learned that kicking my brothers out to play outdoors led to calm and clean indoors! 😂

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Love 5
On 3/31/2021 at 11:41 PM, TV Glotzer said:

For someone who cites blogging as her career, Anila's blog is pathetic.  There is nothing posted since December 2019, and even before that she averaged only one idiotic post per month.

That's a hobby then, not a career. You CAN parlay blogging into a career, something from which you actually earn a living, but she clearly has not. If you haven't posted anything in over a year, you're not doing anything, and even if you're posting consistently, one post a month isn't enough. She's a SAHM and that's fine! Just say that! She quit her job in NYC to be a doctor's wife. Okay!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I needed a M2M pick-me-up after that mess of Atlanta Housewives.  I can't stand Toya but she made a great catch with Dr. Eugene.  All the M2M husbands seem like really cool men and it's great to have them represent black men in such a fun, positive way.  Scott admitting that Contessa is kind of a superwoman was so good to see.  That woman really is accomplished and that may be intimidating to a fragile man's ego. Way to set him straight, Dr. Damon.

Awwww.  Michael going off to school.  Sniff, sniff.  Where does the time go?  I LOVE Dr. Simone's family dynamic.   You don't know how thrilled I am that she and Cecil got through that rocky patch.  That family makes me smile like no other.

• Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I needed a M2M pick-me-up after that mess of Atlanta Housewives.  I can't stand Toya but she made a great catch with Dr. Eugene.  All the M2M husbands seem like really cool men and it's great to have them represent black men in such a fun, positive way.  Scott admitting that Contessa is kind of a superwoman was so good to see.  That woman really is accomplished and that may be intimidating to a fragile man's ego. Way to set him straight, Dr. Damon.

Awwww.  Michael going off to school.  Sniff, sniff.  Where does the time go?  I LOVE Dr. Simone's family dynamic.   You don't know how thrilled I am that she and Cecil got through that rocky patch.  That family makes me smile like no other.

I'm ok and glad  Dr. Contessa is a superwoman, but she needs to pick a lane. And fully announce and discuss her lane before she commits to it.  I heard that they would do the new practice "part time"... so what's the plan now for the other part of the working day ?

Glad to see Michael off. I was getting a little tired of hearing about his upcoming departure - time to get the show on the road, so Simone can have her cry and focus on her & Cecil next chapter.  I hope that $25/yr 4 yr HS education (along with buying a 2nd house) is put to good use.  Also hope his older brother finds his way...  

Still not understanding his B-Ball stats..

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Michael-Whitmore/Summary/165338

What was that dish that Dr. E made that everyone raved over - Grilled Stuffed Oysters ?

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/grilled-stuffed-oysters-7276143

image.png.58f10c7cacf563aecb3b5b42ef8d8092.png

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I LOVE Dr. Simone's family dynamic.

One of my favorite scenes of the show is the one where Simone's older son is going on his first date and Simone's sister is in town, and Simone has all this spy shit including a huge hat to hide under because she wants to spy on the date. Her sister loves the hat and, when Cecil is critiquing the son's outfit (which is also funny; he's like "You're wearing that?!"), the sister wanders through the background with the hat on all "See? You can't even see me!" and the whole family falls out. It's genuinely funny, but it's also just a nice moment in a family that likes each other. 

I laughed when the show shaded Anila by showing her acting just like her mom. Anila annoys me a lot. Doubling your budget doesn't just happen, and her husband is expressing real concern that they're so far over and she tells him to "give [her] a damn break." "Like any little girl, you just want stuff." You're a grown woman, though, not a little girl, so you need to make sure your balance sheet balances. Whining "But I want it!" is not cute in general, and it's even less cute when it's adults who do it.

Michael's school and the town the school is in are probably not that happy with the family being like "this school and town are blatantly racist." I liked their goodbye to him though. I hope he does well, and that Miles gets on track.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 10
(edited)

I AM NOT a professional and we have limited visibility into everyone's real lives. But, does Dr. Contessa give anyone undiagnosed ADHD vibes? I know it is underdiagnosed in girls and so many are not diagnosed until adulthood; especially if they are able to perform in school. The thought historically has been good grades mean the kids are okay. We know now that's not the case.

She seems to have the aspects of hyper focus along with the inability to naturally "pick a one lane" as someone upstream pointed out. These don't have to be liabilities if one knows what to expect and how to design life strategies but they are the type of thing that results frustration and more criticism if those close to you do not know what's happening.

Regarding Dr. Scott, it seems he didn't marry the type of woman he says he wants. Dr. Damon for example seems to have impregnated and  married Dr. Heavenly before he would know what he was getting completely. Didn't they get together freshman year of college?

Dr. Scott and Dr. Contessa seem as if they were both in the army and possibly medical school when they met. Wouldn't there have been indications of her ambition and jack of all trades type of personality at that age? It seems as if they just "fell in love" and decided that was the basis for partnership more than shared interests and visions for the future. I also don't understand the reluctance for talking to a trained, credentialed, licensed professional vs. multiple conversations deriding the relationship with friends and family who are wholly unqualified to help. If someone had a broken arm and said, "Big momma knows what to do." All of these doctors would think that was insane.

Edited by red12
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

So how ecstatic was Indian Dr as the in laws were leaving?! 😂🤣 ( always forget his name).

I peeped that too. He was beaming!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/5/2021 at 11:20 AM, sATL said:

Glad to see Michael off. I was getting a little tired of hearing about his upcoming departure - time to get the show on the road,

Who ever in production thought it a good idea to showcase Simone and her kid graduating HS and going to college should be demoted. Let's see more of the strife between Simone and Jackie, the dysfunction between Contessa and her hubby and I'll even put up with Toya and her outbursts and of course my favorite crazy lady Heavenly but please no more Simone and her boring family.  

• LOL 2

Ugh. I stopped watching M2M before because of that fugly hag, Heavenly, and I'll probably stop again just because I cannot stand the sight of her or that loud, screeching, cackling old-woman shrew voice. She was revolting enough in the beginning with that fake-ass Taliban "submission to your man" bs, and now she's even more gross as the drunk, insecure, intimidated, obese school-yard bully. At least if she had stuck to her original fake persona, she wouldn't be coming off now as this desperate, thirsty fame-whoring hag willing to do or BE anything for her Bravo paycheck. When you're as physically unattractive as Big Pig Heavenly, you can't also have the heart and personality of Satan. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

stop.JPG.ba3e725aad37a632c4723ceb65c34ffd.JPG

It took a pandemic...... Both of Heavenly sons together - introduced by Dr. Damon

. So she does have 3 kids... for a couple of years, she acted like she only had 2 children...let me document this occasion....

image.png.f592bf8f523fce76acc927531b26ee77.png

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Dr Jackie is adding to her financial empire.. Wonder how does Curtis fell about her taking on another side-hustle. I caught a quick commerical during the episode last night

https://jetdoc.com/

"ATLANTA — Rick Ross has added the title of healthcare hero in one of his recent boss moves. The multi-platinum hitmaker has launched his latest venture JetDoc to Georgia residents. It’s a telehealth platform designed to make medical care and prescriptions easier and faster virtually.

On April 2, JetDoc officially launched in the Peach State following Florida as the second state using the app. Ross, who invested $1 million in the start-up,  hosted an intimate dinner and discussion about the app’s roll out in Georgia at his Promise Land Estate in Fayetteville"

image.thumb.png.04372ba948c75bf048fed5e4e252640e.png

• Love 2
18 hours ago, sATL said:

stop.JPG.ba3e725aad37a632c4723ceb65c34ffd.JPG

It took a pandemic...... Both of Heavenly sons together - introduced by Dr. Damon

. So she does have 3 kids... for a couple of years, she acted like she only had 2 children...let me document this occasion....

image.png.f592bf8f523fce76acc927531b26ee77.png

It wasn't Heavenly. I believe it's her younger son that told his parents he didn't want to be filmed or participate in the show. He was on an early episode, but like this where he appeared on camera but didn't speak. The other son was filmed a couple of times with Heavenly in the house. Both Heavenly and Damon have stated that they didn't want to force any of their kids to take part in the show and they accepted their son's position. Frankly, its one of the things that I originally gave Heavenly a lot of credit for, seeing how poorly some of the HW's kids have matured on tv.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, TexasGal said:

The men were cracking me up at golf.  “They poke everything!  That’s what they do!”

I loved the men golfing. Everybody clowning on Cecil’s pants made me laugh, and I loved seeing how proud the men were of their sons. (Made me tear up. I miss my dad so much.) Damon saying he was there for the camaraderie was really nice. Damon seems genuinely kind.

Anila and Kari’s outfits at the crystal thing were doing a lot. Actually a lot of them were dressed for different events. Workout gear, casual, Contessa was dressed up. 

i really hope Simone and Jackie can get back to being friends. I love their friendship and 20+ years is a long time. Good friends are invaluable.

They just glossed over Contessa thinking Scott is cheating?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Anila and Kari’s outfits at the crystal thing were doing a lot. Actually a lot of them were dressed for different events. Workout gear, casual, Contessa was dressed up. 

to be honest, I too would be hard pressed to know what to wear to a crystal rock reading event....

now golfing... I can get behind that...

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, sATL said:

to be honest, I too would be hard pressed to know what to wear to a crystal rock reading event....

I’d dress casually. Jeans, or maybe a casual dress if it were hot.

• Love 1
On 4/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, Empress1 said:

I loved the men golfing. Everybody clowning on Cecil’s pants made me laugh, and I loved seeing how proud the men were of their sons. (Made me tear up. I miss my dad so much.) Damon saying he was there for the camaraderie was really nice. Damon seems genuinely kind.

I think Damon is kind. I also think that's he's one of those people who walks the talk. And its why I actually love the Damon and Heavenly pairing. Heavenly is A LOT, and Damon actually brings out her good qualities and modulates her, without dominating or controlling her. There was a scene a couple of episodes earlier when they were at Heavenly and Damon's house when Toya went off, and Heavenly started screaming at her. Damon had his arms around her and simply said "Stop yelling" and she stopped immediately. For better or worse, Heavenly recognizes that Damon is a good person and she really doesn't want to disappoint him or have him think less of her. He might be the only person like that in her life (although I think that Jackie is also starting to play that role for her) but he balances her out. And he's the one who wants to volunteer his time, provide care to the less fortunate etc. which is why that has become such a big thing for her. Heavenly doesn't have a lot of filters, and she seemingly hasn't internalized a lot of the lessons folks learn in childhood about how to get along with others. I think Damon blunts a lot of that and seemingly he asks and expects more of her and on her part she tries to make him happy by being a better person. She'd be absolutely unredeemable without his influence.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

I’m sorry but Toya is trying way to hard to be the queen bee of this group and it’s coming across as desperate.. girl so the other ladies don’t fall in line so you bring back rejects from past seasons that no one cares about .. that is not a queen bee move that is just sad 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11

where is Dr. Darren ? I know covid has all Dr working OT but you would think to meet Rev Al and Ben Crump,  he would have made a pop visit.

And we have never seen Kari husband, right ?

Did Rev Al wear those gloves before covid/George Floyd ?  I understand they just a little distracting, at time..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sATL said:

where is Dr. Darren ? I know covid has all Dr working OT but you would think to meet Rev Al and Ben Crump,  he would have made a pop visit.

And we have never seen Kari husband, right ?

Did Rev Al wear those gloves before covid/George Floyd ?  I understand they just a little distracting, at time..

They were distracting but a COVID thing. They cracked me up by how thrilled they were to meet him. I've met him several times and never felt that. I work on Capitol Hill and my boss was invited to participate in that segment, but, yeah, COVID.

Agree that Toya is trying way too hard. Both Damon and Toya's husband have the souls of saints.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I enjoyed seeing Lisa Nicole. I wonder if she is still married? Dr. Damon doesn't seem that happy this season. He and Heavenly's TH's look like they've been arguing. I'm still getting used to Anila. Kary is kind of annoying. Toya and Eugene look upset during their TH's to me also. Must be the stress of covid.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ErikaAlyson said:

I enjoyed seeing Lisa Nicole. I wonder if she is still married? Dr. Damon doesn't seem that happy this season. He and Heavenly's TH's look like they've been arguing. I'm still getting used to Anila. Kary is kind of annoying. Toya and Eugene look upset during their TH's to me also. Must be the stress of covid.

I think they were when the local news interviewed Lisa.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/sc-ag-probes-metro-lab-over-test-delays-ga-patients-complain-about-billing-delayed-tests/PYRBHQKAKVA6FBGOFKESON6CMM/

What's considered rude is your friend Toya constantly inviting you to other people's events Kari. Toya is beyond tacky. Who discloses that they've sent their husband a picture of their vagina at a dinner table? No one asked for that information.  No one!

I've dealt with perpetually late people like Contessa.  You always have to give them an earlier arrival time. If you need them somewhere at 6pm tell them to meet at 4pm, in that way they would be on time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2