Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I really didn’t think we needed a third part to this reunion.  

I wish, instead of fighting about what aired, Mariah was able to express more fully how she and Aydin are raising children with contrasting faiths.  I would have been really interested in that, but it didn’t have to do with sex or fighting, so Andy moved on quickly of course.

It’s so awkward for Andy to go around the group and ask if anyone thinks anyone is cheating when it’s a fact that Aydin and Curtis have cheated in the not-so-distant past.

I wish Contessa would have said specifically what the program in Nashville had to offer that no programs in Atlanta had.  I think we’d be hearing crickets.  And I am going to reiterate for the 4,000th time her performance on this reality show would disqualify her from becoming surgeon general, so what’s next up?

How was Contessa gonna film the show if she stayed in her Nashville program?  I think that’s a huge part of it that’s not being mentioned.

Scott looked really lame not having help.  They’re obviously pretty rich; they’re both doctors, they have a huge house and they have reality TV income.  I try not to say a bad word about Scott, but he gave no explanation as to why he didn’t call an agency who can send someone to cook, clean and do laundry.  It feels manufactured.

As far as the birth control talk, I think it’s a great idea to bring a child to a doctor to discuss sex and sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy with them.  I don’t agree with putting them on the pill “just in case” at 14.  That sends a mixed message IMO.  I wasn’t sure which one Simone was pushing for.  I don’t think she made herself very clear.  

M2M: LA season 2 looks about as good as M2M: LA season one.  I get a cold feeling off of them, whereas I get a warm feeling off of these guys.  

• Love 5

I wouldn't let ignorant ass Heavenly near my mouth.

You can take your daughter to Jackie for a OB/GYN appointment. She could call your daughter fat and then tell her about the one-eyed monster. Of course, this is after you paid up front for the appointment. I hope her book totally bombs!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I liked that Simone talked about how even if a 14-year-old isn't having sex, the odds are good that s/he knows someone who is so you have to keep the conversation open. You can't stop kids from having sex. You can give the sex consequences, but you can't physically stop them from doing it.

Otherwise, this was a pretty dull part 3. I think the only time I laughed was when Contessa said she had someone to set Quad up with and Heavenly muttered "He's 4'11"."

I liked both of these parts too.  I thought - to use this office visit as the *scare* talk for your teenager is a wasted opportunity.  I understand Heavenly's knee jerk reaction to that mom/child moment, especially given that Alaura's one year younger than that child, but the reality is leaps and bounds ahead of all your sentimental ass subaru commercial mind snapshots.  Is this kid old enough or does she already have a cycle?  I mean if the flow chart (tee hee) answer is yes then dammit face facts, she can get pregnant, tonight.  Since no parental speech in the history of the world has ever been more influential than hormones, you gotta figure out what to do about that right then.   I put Lil Wilder on bc at 15.  Her pediatrician funky cold medina straight tripped.    We went into the hallway and everything.   I said look doc.  A.  She attends a co-ed high school 90 miles from home.   B. My parents weren't in the room the day I decided to lose my virginity, how boutchu?   C.  Off the top of your head, how many patient's moms come in expecting news about a physical and leave hearing they finna be grandparents?   Isn't ya'lls motto an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?  Ok then between $200/month for diapers, $1100/month for daycare and a $6/month for a lil microgestin, yeah wrap that up to go please Mister Pharmacist.  Sheeeiiiiiid.  Her thing was it'll accelerate the inevitable.  You have to figure that out from your kid's personality but the point is, benefits outweigh the risks, this wasn't any different to me than vaccinations and car insurance, the shit is inevitable.   We stayed watching Teen Mom.  Between that and the 200% enlarged Google pics of what an std looks like on female genitalia, she decided she was cool for a minute.  That was 5 years ago, her pede is still tight under the collar whenever she sees us.  

Ok so the husbands set Damon up.  Lol.  Daddy really only appealing to Heavenly.   But if neither of em watch the show....why she mad?  Like you know he went to a strip club, so........

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Scott looked really lame not having help.  They’re obviously pretty rich; they’re both doctors, they have a huge house and they have reality TV income.  I try not to say a bad word about Scott, but he gave no explanation as to why he didn’t call an agency who can send someone to cook, clean and do laundry.  It feels manufactured.

Because he didn't want to say his thought bubble out loud - all that is the woman's job.  They started to allude to it when Andy asked about a double standard and I think it's the only thing ever the women have unanimously agreed upon lol.   But Eugene's point was immaterial.  Though her criticism was about the way he was parenting, I feel like the larger (unsaid) point was gonna be that women do it everyday, why the hell you make it sound like you should get an award for multitasking your own children in a way that allows her to do something they both agreed upon?   You mind-nudging me though - when the camera catches them in candid moments between the commercials, we can see how manufactured all of these relationships are.   "off camera"?  chile quad and mariah don't have any issues at all.  I wish I would tell a bish I hate I can see her hooha and she say why didnt you tell me?  Bish cause I don't like you, duh.  Lol!    That and the Heavenly-Simone tackle/hug make-up.  Listen, whatever it is, it is, but stop raising my damn pressure with all this bullshit. 

Buffy's bustier was bout to make a break for it ya'll.  #shawshank #buffydufrane  #freeherstiddays 

I meant to comment on this from part 1 (Buffy's statement):   how do Mariah and Toya represent wealth again? 

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
cuz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I meant to comment on this from part 1 (Buffy's statement):   how do Mariah and Toya represent wealth again? 

Toya in particular screams new money/rich as opposed to wealthy. I could absolutely see them sliding into a situation in which they live beyond their means. If they don't have a financial advisor, they need one. Like, that house is gorgeous but are your kids' 529s fully funded though?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Toya in particular screams new money/rich as opposed to wealthy. I could absolutely see them sliding into a situation in which they live beyond their means. If they don't have a financial advisor, they need one. Like, that house is gorgeous but are your kids' 529s fully funded though?

Hopefully, they will not be like many other people who assume (bank on ?) their kids getting some free ride or huge scholarship to college. Much easier said than done. Hope they are saving for college. 

• Love 3
On 1/3/2020 at 12:57 PM, Neurochick said:

I didn't even recognize Contessa, and Mariah's face looked too shiny.  

I think it's worse if you're talking about black men.

Straight black men... astronomical 

Why are the whites of Heavenly’s eyes always red/yellow? She’s so damn hateful.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, drivethroo said:

If Quad knew anything deep about Mariah and Aydin, she would've spilled it a long, long time ago.

Possibly. Or she may be waiting on the right opportunity to strike.

• Useful 1
On 12/29/2019 at 10:59 PM, goofygirl said:

Mariah's makeup is some weird off shade too.  Plus the shininess is overdone!

I thought ole girl went old school and used Vaseline....

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 4
On 1/3/2020 at 12:57 PM, Neurochick said:

I think it's worse if you're talking about black men.

Let me chime in..given my poster name...I don't know where or how to calculate a true current ratio, but after being here  for decades...my opinion..MY OPINION..  is:  (a)  to come here with one, or (b) go somewhere  else and get one, then come here.

Actually are any of the husbands born and raised in ATL ???

Waste of time and aggravation to look for one or dream that one would find you.  Andy - that's an idea for a bravo show- The Real Bachelorette  of ATL... see how many eligible men of color (must be an metro ATL area resident) to sign up...🍿

It's a shame when the metro area has so many opportunities in other categories and finding an available man is like getting oil out of a rock. Actually you would think the men would flock here on every transportation method possible - walk if they had to.. given a ratio of 8:1,or worse. I really wish I knew when/why/how ATL got that way... shameful..

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 1/6/2020 at 4:25 PM, Empress1 said:

And does Dr. Eugene have to work until he is 67.5 , or is there a little nest egg for their retirement ? The way they party and vacation now could you imagine how they will be if Dr E is retired and the kids are grown ? Toya doesn't strike me as the granny who would sit home and keep grandbabies all day - doing free stuff like going to the park 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 1/6/2020 at 1:25 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

/

I wish Contessa would have said specifically what the program in Nashville had to offer that no programs in Atlanta had.  I think we’d be hearing crickets.  And I am going to reiterate for the 4,000th time her performance on this reality show would disqualify her from becoming surgeon general, so what’s next up?

How was Contessa gonna film the show if she stayed in her Nashville program?  I think that’s a huge part of it that’s not being mentioned.

Three guesses (reserving the right to add more later)...

1 - on the lack of nanny point: maybe they (or one of them) didn't want another person in the house. after all we all saw the "work ethic / character" of Nanny #1.  After that situation, that could make a person a little gun shy in hiring another person,. Contessa might take issue to someone  (ie another female) being there when she isn't and/or  it could be they didn't want someone in the house, when they are not there during the day.

2 - Or maybe - Dr Scott thought he "had it under control" until he found out the hard way that he didn't. Too prideful to say "I need help" just wanted to keep "treading water". Now he has 3 kids, meals, laundry, carpool and his work, and just didn't want to add hiring, training, and monitoring help on his list.

3 - Or maybe - back to one of Contessa' (whose dream job, before marriage,  was to be Secretary of the Navy?)  complaints - she figured Scott didn't need/ ignores her. So she was going to let him experience first hand what all she does in the house/children on his own to see if he could "sink or swim". 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 1/7/2020 at 12:39 PM, sATL said:

finding an available man is like getting oil out of a rock

😂😂

My friends in Atl share that same sentiment, unfortunately a lot them tend to "settle" for less than desirable options, which is why you end up with pairings like RHOA Portia and the poor man's Jermaine Dupri (tm someone else).

I didn't know Contessa and Britten are Deltas. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Maybe they were "paper dolls" meaning they just signed papers, which is supposed to be the legitimate process anyway lol

Lawd, not paper dolls 🤣

Maybe they took the grad chapter route

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Contessa - are you putting that MPH degree to good use ? Still wanting that surgeon general of the US job? Or are you now after to replace Dr. Fauci , so you can be on camera more?

If not are you at least putting that MD degree to good use ?

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Empress1 said:

She and her mom are adopting the baby girl. I think that is wonderful but I’ve never heard of that before. 
I’m all for any child being adopted into a loving family.

Quad didn’t seem to be interested In have her own child with Dr. Greg. I sure hope we get to see the development of the new family on MtM wherever it returns,

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Mariah has not received a contract for next season. She's also saying that she's being left out of board meetings that as creator & executive producer she should be included in. The production company she's having a problem with is the same one Gabrielle Union has a grievance with for discrimination.

• Useful 2

Update on Baby Ari:

“After welcoming Ariana, or Ari for short, to her family on April 8, Quad set the record straight on the role she plays in the little one's life. "I am filling in the gaps, as there have been several rumors. I want to clarify that baby Ari is not my adopted daughter," Quad confirmed in a statement to The Daily Dish. "My mom and I are in a supportive role for Ari, and while everyone is elated about the new addition to our family, she has a mother."

Quad added that she and her mother are part of "the village" to help raise Ari. "We are the village here to support baby Ari," Quad said in the statement. "We appreciate your prayers and ask for privacy at this time.””

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/quad-webb-did-not-adopt-baby-girl

• Useful 1

anybody know the outcome of Contessa's public health degree from the university in Nashville? Wasn't she due to finish this past spring?  I caught a rerun of the show today .... Given the times we are in, she could be/should be putting that knowledge to good use..

• Love 1
On 8/16/2020 at 6:20 PM, sATL said:

anybody know the outcome of Contessa's public health degree from the university in Nashville? Wasn't she due to finish this past spring?  I caught a rerun of the show today .... Given the times we are in, she could be/should be putting that knowledge to good use..

I don't know when she had time to study with all that vacationing with Married to Medicine LA.

• LOL 4

Heavenly and Toya have confirmed that the new season starts March 7th (trailer isn't out yet).

ETA: here's the trailer. Cast changes - Mariah's out, new FT doctor's wife, Quad/Kari/Lisa Nicole are friends of.

Edited by NotChristine
added the trailer
  • Useful 3
On 1/26/2021 at 9:10 PM, NotChristine said:

Heavenly and Toya have confirmed that the new season starts March 7th (trailer isn't out yet).

ETA: here's the trailer. Cast changes - Mariah's out, new FT doctor's wife, Quad/Kari/Lisa Nicole are friends of.

Looks like quite a season - I’m in!

• Love 1

Some of the worst reunion looks I’ve seen.  Contessa’s lashes were ridiculous.  The bangs aged Jackie 10 years.  Mariah’s hot pink shadow and crazy shine on her cheekbones was just awful.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Let me give a shout out to the HS Graduates of 2020 - Woodward Academy - who grew-up on Reality TV 

Riley Burruss - RHOA , who is headed to NYU ( source 1 )  . I'm not the biggest watcher of RHOA , but the glimpse I saw last night caught me by surprise as the years surely have flown by. 

M2M Michael Whitmore, who is headed to  Lee University in Cleveland, TN, near Chattanooga     ( HS basketball stats)  on a scholarship !   Not sure why he is wearing a FSU shirt in the picture when Simone announced it  (source 2).  I will miss him - hopefully they will film when he is around. Wonder how the college ladies will respond to him..

So now - we await new reality kiddies who will attend the $25k/year (according to a snippet on RHOA) private school... Somehow I don't think Metcalfs and/or the Bush-Harris kiddies, will be going, unless they are waiting for the MS/HS years.  I cam see Dr. Heavenly daughter going there, though.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, sATL said:

M2M Michael Whitmore, who is headed to  Lee University in Cleveland, TN, near Chattanooga     ( HS basketball stats)  on a scholarship !   Not sure why he is wearing a FSU shirt in the picture when Simone announced it  (source 2).  I will miss him - hopefully they will film when he is around. Wonder how the college ladies will respond to him..

I legit laughed when he told Simone "you're an OB/GYN, you deal with vaginas, not balls" as he was holding a basketball and trash-talking her game. That was clever. I didn't realize how long this show had been on until they showed a clip from an early season and realized how young he was.

Some questionable wigs this season. Contessa (though that's not new for her), Simone's longer one with reddish highlights.

I love that Damon put together a COVID testing program. Heavenly regularly gets on my nerves, but Damon seems like a good dude.

It makes me sad that Simone and Jackie aren't cool - their friendship was one of my favorite parts of the show. Jackie was completely wrong for outing Buffie's infertility, though.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I legit laughed when he told Simone "you're an OB/GYN, you deal with vaginas, not balls" as he was holding a basketball and trash-talking her game. That was clever. I didn't realize how long this show had been on until they showed a clip from an early season and realized how young he was.

Some questionable wigs this season. Contessa (though that's not new for her), Simone's longer one with reddish highlights.

I love that Damon put together a COVID testing program. Heavenly regularly gets on my nerves, but Damon seems like a good dude.

It makes me sad that Simone and Jackie aren't cool - their friendship was one of my favorite parts of the show. Jackie was completely wrong for outing Buffie's infertility, though.

He had help. 

Not to diminish those who needed/wanted testing, in more recent months food boxes, and I am sure vaccines are next in the queue - but when these things pop up in the ATL (and I am sure other) metro area - there might be a little more to the story..

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/dr-damon-kimes-jamal-bryant-covid-19-testing-relief

• Love 3
(edited)

Toya is extremely selfish.  Her husband comes home and is venting about witnessing his patients dying from COVID and she complains about not going on vacation to Italy. 

The new lady is trying way too hard. You just got here and you're interjecting yourself into conversations that have nothing to do with you.  Ma'am have several seats. 

Jackie and Simone need to have a conversation away from the group.  Jackie was wrong for telling the world about Buffie's fertility issues.  Seeing that Buffie had no problems going on social media and calling Simone a fake friend and user after she didn't receive a contract, I'm wondering if she played a bigger part in the demise of Jackie and Simone's friendship.  

I'm happy that they didn't sweep BLM under the rug. The conversation between the husbands about the racial profiling they've experienced needed to happen. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 12
(edited)

I also caught the marathon yesterday afternoon , where Andy asked during the reunion - why couldn't Dr. Contessa go to school in ATL. That was probably my #1 burning question last season.  She also went on about leaving the navy, wanting to be Sect of the Navy and then wanting to be Surgeon General.  Wow, must be a disappointment to be just a Dr with an office..

Having too lost one of my Drs this past year (I am still trying to get to the bottom as to what happened), I was more sad when Dr. Scott said he left a practice of 4,000 patients in Detroit to come to ATL, when they got married.

Well they finally revealed, 19 minutes into the episode what school  was so prestigious in Nashville that she attended. I guess this was the program she was enrolled in. Glad she finished.

https://www.mmc.edu/education/sogsr/academicprograms/msph/

I'll let someone else comment on the new sitter that was introduced in the next scene....

image.thumb.png.937b84a7eadcacad9ce34503f2aac73d.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, spunky said:

Toya is extremely selfish.  Her husband comes home and is venting about witnessing his patients dying from COVID and she complains about not going on vacation to Italy. 

Her son has picked up on those vibes, given that he’s praying for a dirt bike or whatever he said.

• Love 4

Those faceshields have to be a Bravo CYA thing. Because these doctors, and all of us, know they don’t do shit. They had the Atlanta housewives wearing them as well and I just rolled my eyes. At least I feel like these ladies, in their day-to-day lives, and at work, are masked up.

Damn, heavenly’s pool area was fabulous, especially that fire pit thing lining it. #jealous

and yes, the BLM discussion was necessary. I love almost all the guys on the show.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

At least I feel like these ladies, in their day-to-day lives, and at work, are masked up.

I liked when Jackie told Heavenly to pull her mask up over her nose, because I was thinking it. I also liked that Contessa said something about how whatever Heavenly had on wasn't suitable PPE (although Contessa was shady about it). You also saw Eugene wiping down his car and changing out of his scrubs in the garage.

• Love 9

I'm glad someone else said it. Toya Bush-Harris is a whole mess. She doesn't realize how blessed she is that her biggest complaint amid a global pandemic is not being able to dress up for a dinner date or spending her anniversary in Italy? 🙄🙄🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Her son has picked up on those vibes, given that he’s praying for a dirt bike or whatever he said.

That's unfortunate. She seems so materialistic,  that I'm not surprised her son is emulating what he sees. Poor Eugene. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, NotChristine said:

It feels weird seeing Simone and Jackie being at odds.

Supposedly, Toya and Eugene's house is already on the market.

Good luck with that. I find the house ghastly. Toya is clueless and only knows her ego so the house is designed strangely.  We haven't seen much of the house, but the front of the house is dreadful and the kitchen is just soulless.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Good luck with that. I find the house ghastly. Toya is clueless and only knows her ego so the house is designed strangely.  We haven't seen much of the house, but the front of the house is dreadful and the kitchen is just soulless.

at the top of this page - there is a link that gives inside pictures.

Or do a google image search (ie click on the picture of the front) and that took me to the zillow listing. A few more pictures.

Part of me thought that they had no intentions of staying there. It could have been a model or TV home - meaning stay there a while and move onto the next - they probably really live in rooms we never see.

Why? - Mostly , b/c Dr E seems to have a great deal saying "no". Now - if he has made any OT during the pandemic and Toya is bored, along with a rising house market here, off selling they go.

image.png.bdb53238c50573429dcd8687bd787578.png

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
29 minutes ago, sATL said:

at the top of this page - there is a link that gives inside pictures.

Or do a google image search (ie click on the picture of the front) and that took me to the zillow listing. A few more pictures.

Part of me thought that they had no intentions of staying there. It could have been a model or TV home - meaning stay there a while and move onto the next - they probably really live in rooms we never see.

Why? - Mostly , b/c Dr E seems to have a great deal saying "no". Now - if he has made any OT during the pandemic and Toya is bored, along with a rising house market here, off selling they go.

image.png.bdb53238c50573429dcd8687bd787578.png

Whew. The AC bills must be staggering.

• LOL 1
On 3/8/2021 at 12:50 PM, sATL said:

I also caught the marathon yesterday afternoon , where Andy asked during the reunion - why couldn't Dr. Contessa go to school in ATL. That was probably my #1 burning question last season.  She also went on about leaving the navy, wanting to be Sect of the Navy and then wanting to be Surgeon General.  Wow, must be a disappointment to be just a Dr with an office..

Having too lost one of my Drs this past year (I am still trying to get to the bottom as to what happened), I was more sad when Dr. Scott said he left a practice of 4,000 patients in Detroit to come to ATL, when they got married.

Well they finally revealed, 19 minutes into the episode what school  was so prestigious in Nashville that she attended. I guess this was the program she was enrolled in. Glad she finished.

https://www.mmc.edu/education/sogsr/academicprograms/msph/

I'll let someone else comment on the new sitter that was introduced in the next scene....

image.thumb.png.937b84a7eadcacad9ce34503f2aac73d.png

Meharry is a HBCU Medical School (one of only a handful) and is a top source of African American physicians in the US 

Among the U.S. medical schools that graduated 350 or more black or African American physicians between 1980 and 2012, Howard University and Meharry Medical College had the highest number of graduates, with 2,451 and 2,005 graduates, respectively.

Given the  horrible misconceptions that still exist in the medical field today about treatment of black patients, I understand wanting to go to a school that understands the population that Contessa would be serving doing public health in Atlanta.  And she did indicate that their public health program was outstanding, something that she may not have had access to at Morehouse (a HBCU medical school in Atlanta)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

New cast member is working hard to insert herself into drama she's had nothing to do with.  Other than being Toya's wing woman.

Toya is still awful but she looks really good.  The suburban tennis lifestyle suits her.

• Love 4