Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Empress1

Married To Medicine

On 1/15/2019 at 7:03 PM, Rlb8031 said:

I'm not surprised. If you didn't grow up cooking, the first time you "really" need to cook is when you go to college - except for the whole meal plan thing. Then there's med school and residency - where you literally eat most every meal in the cafeteria or from a local take out place. So neither one of them had to cook until they had husbands and (in Simone's case) kids. So you have your spouse cook, or you hire a maid/cook because nobody has time for that and voila, you are a 50-something year old that can't do anything more than heat up canned soup.

I think the first time I realized I needed to cook was post college... spending and spreading...

too much spending on just food... you realize you now have a few more $$ coming in, and yet the bottom line looks like it did in college..

too much spreading and growing out of "corporate america" work clothes... metabolism does slow down in the 20s - esp. when your not running to class every hour,carrying a heavy backpack.

I guess in DRs Simone and Jackie - they had so much $$ coming in, that didn't miss the $$ for paying for takeout (ie restaurants do make $$ - charging $10 on a bowl lettuce that costs $1.99 bag at Aldi's ) and Jackie works out so much, she was able to keep the weight off.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1

Did Cecil say he is looking for a new job? I thought he said he left his job, but I missed what he said after that. 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:00 PM, bref said:

Where did y'all hear about the spin-off? I admit to only half-listening last night, was it teased during the show?

Andy advertised it on Bravo Sunday night as the Reunion was ending..

14 hours ago, Pickles said:

Did Cecil say he is looking for a new job? I thought he said he left his job, but I missed what he said after that. 

Yes, he's looking, he received a nice severance package from the job, but now he's looking.

• Like 1