Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, sATL said:

Would Contessa be happy if she was topless ? she wears her outfits now very close to showing all her business.. she didn't do that before..

I was just coming here to say that Contessa looks topless. Not a good look at all. Actually looks painful. Has to show off her new boobs, I guess. So classy.

• Love 6

It would not surprise me in the least if Contessa was instructed to show off the new girls since they've been the topic of so much discussion this season.

I really don't understand what Simone's beef with her is. 

Edited by bref
  • Love 4

I didn't like a lot of the hair looks this reunion (Jackie, Contessa, Heavenly, Mariah), and Mariah's makeup looked like a mask. I thought Simone looked good - and sometimes her fashion choices are questionable, but her dress and phony pony looked good. Contessa's dress was cut too low.

The Mariah's BIL/Quad story is a trip. Did I hear correctly (because they were yelling over each other) that Quad allegedly slept with Mariah's BIL recently, when she was separated but the BIL was/is still married to Mariah's sister? Or was it when both parties were still married? (I mean, I guess Quad is still technically legally married but the marriage is over.)

• Love 2
On 12/22/2018 at 1:07 PM, sATL said:

Would Contessa be happy if she was topless ? she wears her outfits now very close to showing all her business.. she didn't do that before..

I can't with what she's done with those a/b/c cups tonight! They look hitched up, smooshed and pulled so far that the nipples MUST be just on the hem! and then there's this invisi fabric stuff racked up between them. It's hideous. Small boobs are so elegant on a frame like Contessa's, hire a stylist.

And then there's Mariah. She looks like she's been microbladed in violet. i couldn't work out what was going on with her brows.

I've been pissed with Quad all season and last for basically ensuring that Mariah comes back full time. And Mariah unleashed the big gun 'what are you doing here?! You're not even MARRIED to medicine'. And Quad sat back and shut her mouth. In case Andy noticed, you know. 

Mariah may not be married to medicine either if Aydin has the aneurysm he looked like he was about to have in the preview, waving his file of 'receipts' around. Mariah, if you were really walking the walk and not getting down in the gutter, why have you brought a file of receipts with you? This kind just never learn. 

• Love 10
On 12/22/2018 at 10:51 AM, Empress1 said:

I didn't like a lot of the hair looks this reunion (Jackie, Contessa, Heavenly, Mariah), and Mariah's makeup looked like a mask. I thought Simone looked good - and sometimes her fashion choices are questionable, but her dress and phony pony looked good. Contessa's dress was cut too low.

The Mariah's BIL/Quad story is a trip. Did I hear correctly (because they were yelling over each other) that Quad allegedly slept with Mariah's BIL recently, when she was separated but the BIL was/is still married to Mariah's sister? Or was it when both parties were still married? (I mean, I guess Quad is still technically legally married but the marriage is over.)

I think the story was that Quad slept with the BIL before she married Greg (back when she and Mariah we RL friends). 

• Love 3
On 12/25/2018 at 1:33 AM, Rlb8031 said:

I think the story was that Quad slept with the BIL before she married Greg (back when she and Mariah we RL friends). 

My impression was that Quad stepped out on Gregory. This is getting confusing, and Christmas has happened between the first reunion ep and now. Someone clarify

On 12/18/2018 at 10:19 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Cecil is lucky he is married to a southern belle and not a round-the-way girl, because he would have come home to a hot pot of grits and an ass-whooping like he backtalked his Mawmaw. (And is it any wonder that I keep accidentally typing Curtis instead of Cecil? This is some dumb ass shit Curtis would try to pull talking about "I'm not getting enough attention")****

Nothing about Simone says “southern belle” except her address. She goes from 0-100 at the drop of a hat, a trait I associate with a “round-the-way girl.”   I used to like Simone, but these last two seasons have not been good for her image. She strikes me as an angry person. I realize parenting and being a wife can be a chore, but she seems to take so little joy in it that I wonder what her sons think everytime she talks about prefering to live on her own.  Her beef with Contessa during the reunion was completely unwarranted and over the top.  She needs someone to truly check her because Contessa is apparently too classy to do it.

• Love 6
On 12/30/2018 at 7:59 PM, laprin said:

Nothing about Simone says “southern belle” except her address. She goes from 0-100 at the drop of a hat, a trait I associate with a “round-the-way girl.”   I used to like Simone, but these last two seasons have not been good for her image. She strikes me as an angry person. I realize parenting and being a wife can be a chore, but she seems to take so little joy in it that I wonder what her sons think everytime she talks about prefering to live on her own.  Her beef with Contessa during the reunion was completely unwarranted and over the top.  She needs someone to truly check her because Contessa is apparently too classy to do it.

Ha!! I guess you're right, I just think of her as being more cultured than Heavenly, Toya or Quad, but I guess that isn't really saying much is it? She said something about Myles being closer to Cecil and I wonder if she isn't a bit jealous of the fact that the boys are closer to their dad than with her? I was most interested in her reaction to the question about her drinking. I think she does drink too much and the truth hit a little too close to home.

• Love 1

Episode 17:

"Reunion Part 2"

Andy tries to get to the bottom of Quad's accusations against Mariah; the husbands tell their stories; Damon defends himself against cheating allegations; Aydin sticks up for his wife; Greg and Quad come face to face for one last confrontation.

Airs January 6, 2019.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:51 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Mariah's wig/brow combo is gonna be a no for me dog.

tenor.gif

No bullshit, your screenname just reminded me I have a wax appointment later.   Welcome to the tribe! Lol! 

On 12/23/2018 at 6:42 AM, queenjen said:

I can't with what she's done with those a/b/c cups tonight! They look hitched up, smooshed and pulled so far that the nipples MUST be just on the hem! and then there's this invisi fabric stuff racked up between them. It's hideous. Small boobs are so elegant on a frame like Contessa's, hire a stylist.

And then there's Mariah. She looks like she's been microbladed in violet. i couldn't work out what was going on with her brows.

tenor.gif

I've been pissed with Quad all season and last for basically ensuring that Mariah comes back full time. And Mariah unleashed the big gun 'what are you doing here?! You're not even MARRIED to medicine'. And Quad sat back and shut her mouth. In case Andy noticed, you know. 

my love.   Bish that shit blew my edges back.   

Mariah may not be married to medicine either if Aydin has the aneurysm he looked like he was about to have in the preview, waving his file of 'receipts' around. Mariah, if you were really walking the walk and not getting down in the gutter, why have you brought a file of receipts with you? This kind just never learn. 

Gee-zos.  If this Andy only had a live feed during the show?  We cood make Bravo grrreat, eh?  Eh heh. 

doramilaje_01.gif

On 12/26/2018 at 7:23 PM, queenjen said:

My impression was that Quad stepped out on Gregory. This is getting confusing, and Christmas has happened between the first reunion ep and now. Someone clarify

I thought I heard Mariah state this as evidence:  she came over to Quad's house with her sister to find Quad attired in ole boy's tshirt.    I need more words for that to be sufficiently incriminating but Cohen was like, did that happen on tv?  No?  mkay, so anyway......

17 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Ha!! I guess you're right, I just think of her as being more cultured than Heavenly, Toya or Quad, but I guess that isn't really saying much is it? She said something about Myles being closer to Cecil and I wonder if she isn't a bit jealous of the fact that the boys are closer to their dad than with her? I was most interested in her reaction to the question about her drinking. I think she does drink too much and the truth hit a little too close to home.

I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one perplexed by Simone's outrage.  I can't place what the problem with Contessa is...?   I want Tess to show up in a hot pink tube top that reads #ButIWASaPatient! to send Simone careening fast and hard off the rails.  Ya'll what is her issue?   I'm gonna say this is my fault for assigning her too much intellectual capacity because she met and exceeded the qualifications to become an M.D.   I gotta stop that shit.  Smart doesn't Trump crazy as fuck.  Teehee.

giphy.gif

Her response to the possibility that she drinks too much was hilarious and embarrassing.    Nobody in this room has ever seen me drunk.  

tumblr_nor0z3324H1s6qydqo1_250.gif

So, this howlermonkey specialty of yours......that's on some full sobriety then?  k girl. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm gonna say this is my fault for assigning her too much intellectual capacity because she met and exceeded the qualifications to become an M.D.   I gotta stop that shit.  Smart doesn't Trump crazy as fuck.  Teehee.

giphy.gif

Her response to the possibility that she drinks too much was hilarious and embarrassing.    Nobody in this room has ever seen me drunk.  

tumblr_nor0z3324H1s6qydqo1_250.gif

So, this howlermonkey specialty of yours......that's on some full sobriety then?  k girl. 

Yep, yep. She is book smart and street crazy. I see some terry cloth house slippers and pink foam rollers in her past 

• Love 6

Couples Trip:

I think Toya is right for the wrong reason, single women should not be on a couple's trip.  I don't see what the problem is, especially since Quad got mad at Mariah for inviting her to the couple's party. Where Toya is wrong is in the back of her mind she thinks Quad would be on the prowl on the couple's trip.  Toya, I assure you, Quad doesn't want any of those guys there.

Receipts

I don't think Mariah has any receipts on Damon, but I do think she has receipts on Quad.  She was a little too screechy and screamy for me.  Speaking of Quad, she knows she went around telling people she was the star of the show, which is why she was tripping over her words after being called out on it.

Another person who needs to produce receipts is Simone for calling Contessa a phony & a fraud.  While I think Contessa was overdramatic claiming Toya hit her in the chest on purpose, Contessa's father was sick, she did have surgery, all of this surgery/filming was in a 3 week time span and as a doctor Simone should know people heal at different rates.  So what is Contessa being fraudulent about and why is Simone more mad at Contessa/party than Toya is?

Simone vs Contessa

I think Simone is an angry drunk and she doesn't like Contessa and there's nothing Contessa can do to make Simone like her.  I think there's some jealousy issues going on because Contessa has an employed husband who is supportive of her.  On the surface, Simone has an issue with Quad & Contessa not showing up to film but still getting paid the same as the rest of them.  However, Contessa did film, just not all the time with them.  Simone seems angrier with Contessa for not showing up than Quad and IMO that tells me the issue isn't with filming time.

Kiwi

Aydin used the whole can on his head and Mariah dipped the brush around the edges of the can for her eyebrows.

Greg v Quad

Greg looked like he wanted to pull out the receipts on Quad, so we shall see if he does on the next episode...

One for the road:

"Me and friend, we met these girls and took them to the Ho Tell."  <<mini cooper screeches away>>

• Love 10

I think it's because I'm single, but I didn't like the way Toya was talking. If Quad is really their friend - shit, not even friend, cast member, because we know these trips are for the show - then they should invite her to things. As Jackie said, she would never miss an event that was important to her friends just because she was single. I also think Toya would have less of a problem with Jackie being around if she and Curtis had gotten divorced because she doesn't see Jackie as a threat to her.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I think it's because I'm single, but I didn't like the way Toya was talking. If Quad is really their friend - shit, not even friend, cast member, because we know these trips are for the show - then they should invite her to things. As Jackie said, she would never miss an event that was important to her friends just because she was single. I also think Toya would have less of a problem with Jackie being around if she and Curtis had gotten divorced because she doesn't see Jackie as a threat to her.

Yeah, I don't like Toya's suggestion, either, and think it's really mean and stupid. The woman has been part of the cast from the start, so shut up. Secondly, she is not thinking about your man. Also, these are not your ordinary couple trips as they are literally done for "show" and often are as much about the friendships as the marriages. 

I hope Contessa sees herself in that ridiculous dress and and regrets the choice. Having her boobs hanging out like that is not sexy and she does not play it off well at all. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Yes!  I wish a bish would.   She'd catch me air twerking Big Genie every chance I got.   Wasn't she the one to call herself testing Curtis by backing it up on him on some other couples' trip.   Sis?  if your man is this suggestible, your relationship ain't shit.  That's not your castmate's problem. 

1 minute ago, politichick said:

Yeah, I don't like Toya's suggestion, either, and think it's really mean and stupid. The woman has been part of the cast from the start, so shut up. Secondly, she is not thinking about your man. Also, these are not your ordinary couple trips as they are literally done for "show" and often are as much about the friendships as the marriages. 

I hope Contessa sees herself in that ridiculous dress and and regrets the choice. Having her boobs hanging out like that is not sexy and she does not play it off well at all. 

Exactly.  Whose boss are you to be in the position to open your mouth to tell me I can't go?  Genie was absolutely right in Antigua.  Toya wanna be in charge of somebody so badly lol.   Between this and "I'm sorry if a man's not getting what he wants, he is gonna stray"  she sound a muffuccin fool.   If you're calling your husband a petulant pussy chaser, say that.   But don't paint every woman's husband with this dumb ass brush Toya.  Unhappiness is the excuse they use.  If you cheat it's cause you're weak and/or you want to cheat.    She's truly getting on my nerves with that you should've given him a baby, shit.  

13 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Aydin used the whole can on his head and Mariah dipped the brush around the edges of the can for her eyebrows.

LOL!!!   He doesn't normally go that thick and he was standing under the harshy harsh hallway lights AND we were already paying attention to him because of the spittle.   

I like it when the husbands do their part.   Their giggling in the green room and camaraderie on the main stage is always worth a chuckle

13 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Greg looked like he wanted to pull out the receipts on Quad, so we shall see if he does on the next episode...

I don't know if he want it with her.   She said no wonder your dick didn't, it was already on overtime pay.  

tenor.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4728149

• Love 5

After watching lots of Bravo reunions, I’m convinced Andy only provides the casts with one kind of “cocktail” - hatorade straight up - and Toya probably didn’t need to slurp another.

• Love 5

I think Simone's real issues with both Contessa and Quad are basically that they didn't filmed/shared as much as the rest of them, it sort of reminded me about Kim on ATL Housewives when she refused to go on the trip with the rest of the ladies. Everyone hated Kim at that point but still got mad that she was granted an out while everyone else had to go. 

Simone might've been less psycho with Quad because they probably were/are(?) real friends off the show, but she was pissed that she wasn't filming with the group and sharing every intimate detail about her separation with Greg. One thing I will give Simone is that she let cameras in on EVERY aspect of her almost-divorce to Cecil, while Quad was more reserved and at the beginning she wasn't hanging. 

Contessa is a different story, I think Simone tried to imply that Contessa wasn't necessarily resting those 3 weeks after her operation, that she was out and about, just not filming. And concerning her dad's visit, don't they all have a calendar of the season's events and parties? Toya's party was probably already scheduled in advance and Contessa's dad visit wasn't, so they're all assuming Contessa scheduled her dad's visit on that day on purpose, even Jackie thought that Contessa was missing the event because she didn't want to see Toya. Maybe that's why Simone called her a liar and a fraud?

Contessa's hair and make-up were beautiful, and I did like her dress except for her cleavage. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, charliesan said:

I think Simone's real issues with both Contessa and Quad are basically that they didn't filmed/shared as much as the rest of them, it sort of reminded me about Kim on ATL Housewives when she refused to go on the trip with the rest of the ladies. Everyone hated Kim at that point but still got mad that she was granted an out while everyone else had to go. 

I think this is Simone's issue with Quad.  I don't think it's totally her entire issue with Contessa, though.  She was way too madt at Contessa for that to be the sole issue with her.

I can't stand Simone.  She knows she was wrong in her behavior towards Quad and lied through her teeth about giving Quad space to deal with her divorce issues. Simone is messy as hell.

I liked that Quad did explain she wasn't being forthcoming with Simone because Simone wasn't coming to her from a place of truly caring.  She had an attitude and Quad didn't want to deal with that.  I think if it had been Jackie, Heavenly or even Contessa that had reached out to her, she may have been more forthcoming.  But with Simone, Mariah and Toya? Nope.

Greg & Quad had a physical confrontation before they married and this incident with Quad sleeping with Lake's husband was allegedly before the the marriage, so unless Quad slept with Lake's husband after that incident I'm not understanding why this is all coming up now.  Also I want to know more about Aydin huffing and puffing about Quad being homeless, sleeping in her car and Huqs' paying her bills while she got on her feet.

Funny, I see that in her future ..

Simone probably does roam around the house looking like Benita Buttrell, breath smelling like old likka, and has the nerve to look down on dumpy Tammy.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, bichonblitz said:

Simone is such a bitch. Why is she constantly yelling? Poor Cecil. 

I can't stand Simone, she knows she was dead wornf the way she treated Quad. Lied through her teeh aboyt wanting to give

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, bichonblitz said:

Simone is such a bitch. Why is she constantly yelling? Poor Cecil. 

I can't stand Simone.  She knows she was wrong in her behavior towards Quad and lied through her teeth about giving Quad space to deal with her divorce issues. Simone is messy as hell.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

She definitely didn't have to choose that moment to announce "no more single people on couples trips". What was the point unless they had another couple's trip scheduled for the next day?

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:58 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Yep, yep. She is book smart and street crazy. I see some terry cloth house slippers and pink foam rollers in her past 

Funny, I see that in her future ..

• Love 3

Who is "they" that told Quad she was the star of the show?

Toya is sooooo preoccupied with sex. I think that's all she has to offer. She's a damn fool if she thinks she can screw a man faithful. Look how Beyonce tried to roll down the partition on Jay Z. He still cheated. 

• Love 10

Episode 18:

"Reunion Part 3"

Quad and Greg face off, revealing the shocking truth about their marriage; as the group deals with the fallout from Quad and Greg's confrontation, divisions are drawn; Toya and Contessa's friendship comes to a head.

Airs January 13, 2018.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:18 AM, Empress1 said:

I have a very good friend (that i've been friends with since I was 16 - we are 35 now) who has invited new friends and their partners on trips with her and her husband right in front of me.  Never once giving a thought to I might enjoy a tropical vacation even though I am single.  Oh and then once telling me about all the people (couples) she's trying to get for a group trip with no consideration.  Seriously it hurts.  and I like Toya but that comment makes me want to slap her upside the head. 

• Love 2

new.girls.thumb.jpg.f980148b6fa4d3a8ddd57471e7ce5c73.jpg

Episode 3 of new titties patrol...

Contessa - you're too smart and beautiful of a woman for this....I think breaks in show taping meant you changed clothes one times too many. you got dressed in too big of a hurry - did you check over yourself in the mirror ?

And you drew first blood about saying Toya&Eugene were living like refugees - that was uncalled for.

At least your girls earned you a promotion/referral bonus - you have a bestie on the spinoff Married to Medicine LA.  Maybe you can give a job referral for Aydin in LA.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

this might be mean to say... I am a little surprised that Jackie doesn't have some basic kitchen-cooking skills. Those who into ultra healthy and clean eating do prepare their own meals when possible. That way they can control the ingredients and preparation method. That also allows one to have healthy snacks/lunches/foodies on hand to keep from eating the wrong thing.

I'm not saying be a chef, but to turn an oven on to 350/375 isn't a stretch. They make ovens now you can control from your cell and/or voice  ( link ) , if pressing/pushing a button or turning a knob is too much manual labor. I don't want anything in my house that I don't know how to use.

Also, Jackie is a little older than some of the pre-packaged/prepared meal services  that one can subscribe to now - meaning what did she do 10-20 yrs ago - hire a personal chef ?

At least she was honest in that she said  "we don't do the things we really don't want to"... makes it sound like she married Curtis for cooking skills and made him responsible for cooking her clean and healthy meals.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

Toya's yelling voice. I can't stand her. I will not be surprised if she and Eugene are filing bankruptcy in a couple of years. A 2 million dollar home after just paying off your $170,000 IRS debt? No way are they being careful with their money. 

Quad has me confused. No sex for three years now she's crying that she still loves him? 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Toya's yelling voice. I can't stand her. I will not be surprised if she and Eugene are filing bankruptcy in a couple of years. A 2 million dollar home after just paying off your $170,000 IRS debt? No way are they being careful with their money. 

Quad has me confused. No sex for three years now she's crying that she still loves him? 

Chile.  Toya's regular speaking voice.  That upper register she uses to defend herself is bananas.    

When she was answering the viewer question Andy read about the boys' college fund.  Talmbout what makes {viewer} think we didn't already have a college fund set up?    Well girl we figured it's probably easier to pay yourself back than owe the IRS so if you had it to give em, you would've liquidated the college fund and handled your business.  Andplusalso there's that time that neither you nor your husband bothered to read the requirements page on the home buying contract you both signed.  We're pretty sure setting aside funds as a pattern ain't whatchya'll do.    The shorter answer would've been we have a college fund, it just wasn't a good idea save some of what we owed only to turn around and pay liquidation penalties. 

No wonder he was always driving off in a huff, huh?  Lol!!!   I took the crying to be her realization of how irrational it must seem to be conflicted enough to still feel love for a dude you've just said was 1/2 of a pretty toxic relationship.    The no sex thing was a shocker but Gregory is shitty yet again for the following:  he made it sound like she was holding out on him "the last time we had sex was when I was wearing the white suit at the Reunion (2014)".   He also said now there was a time after that when we tried and didn't go through with it due to stress.   He couldn't get it up.   She said fine but you weren't too stressed not to cheat on me though.   He's the one telling the story.   And somehow, his erectile dysfunction is her fault.   In the radio interview clip he says she withdrew from the marriage a few years ago, moved into a different bedroom and everything.   Not said:  right around the time she suspected me of cheating.   Imna go as far as to say that if she had been holding out on him, I don't have a problem with it but it's cause I'm not wild about the idea that anyone can be owed sex.   If it's reasonable for his expectation to have been: we get it in x number of times per week, it's reasonable for hers to be conditioned upon an expectation that he keep his vows.  My husband's a dirty stay out and he's not turned on by me?  I doubt I'd be incentived to keep trying.   I punked out and cried when their part was over.  She needed that.

Toya/Mariah asking Heavenly to be careful about the physical abuse between the Luncefords.  Sigh. 

Heavenly:  for a man to hit a woman...

Toya/Mariah:  let's be careful about that/he didn't say he hit her

Heavenly:  yes he did

Andy:  they both admitted to physically abusing each other

Ok.  What she said was you dragged me to the ground.  I still have knee pain from that.  He said you pulled a knife on me.   Neither of them refuted the other.  What I wanna know is is that better?  Are we really having a semantic discussion about whether or not a man's abusive based on the difference between hitting his wife and dragging her to the ground?   How'd he get her down on the floor? 

For all of Curtis' introspection, he was surprised as shit to find out they not finished healing huh?  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

So, Kermit has ED for three years, is the size of a pinky.....and, he was begging for a baby all this time??  No wonder Quad didn’t want to get trap like that.

Those 2 had a very violent relationship.  I was annoyed how in the green room....the others were like....just say I love you.  

Excuse me!  Are y’all deaf??  We were just told Kermit is dragging Quad like a rag doll and holding her down while suffocating her!

I also remember Kermit financially abusing Quad.  So, what if you bought a house?  It is yours!  I believe we saw Quad moving out. (Sorry, this season was extremely long)

I do not think that Quad loves him, anymore.  She is in love with the idea of being ‘married to a doctor’ and belonging to that community........having upgraded in life, etc. Even if she gets with another rich guy....a doctor carries a lot of prestige.

The dream didn’t work out Quad.  Move on and you will be better off. Kermit obviously had a lot of self hatred growing up and now is the type that will use his status to lure in a lot of unsuspecting women.  Married or not!  He thinks he is a rock star!

I don’t care if Quad has a tough exterior.  No wife should be treated like that. You can tell he broke her in every shape possible.

Can someone tell me if Mariah had the surgery for permanent colored contacts??

They don’t look like your standard colored contacts such as the one Toya wears.  They have a clarity to them instead of just covering up your brown eyes.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

So, Kermit has ED for three years

I didn't think he had ED for three years. I got the impression that they stopped having sex for three years (which: yikes) and then when they tried again, he couldn't get it up due to stress.

1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Ok.  What she said was you dragged me to the ground.  I still have knee pain from that.  He said you pulled a knife on me.   Neither of them refuted the other.  What I wanna know is is that better?  Are we really having a semantic discussion about whether or not a man's abusive based on the difference between hitting his wife and dragging her to the ground?   How'd he get her down on the floor? 

I had the same thought. They were violent with each other. That's the beginning and the end of the story. The hows and wheres are irrelevant.

1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Andplusalso there's that time that neither you nor your husband bothered to read the requirements page on the home buying contract you both signed.  We're pretty sure setting aside funds as a pattern ain't whatchya'll do.   

Toya also said straight up during the back tax fuckery that they were the first people in their families to have money so they didn't know what they were doing and fucked up. Like, we KNOW they're bad with money. We've seen it; they've said it. We also know they make bad choices when it comes to housing, so yeah, I would NOT assume they had their kids' educations planned and paid for. 

• Love 8

Toya/Mariah asking Heavenly to be careful about the physical abuse between the Luncefords.  Sigh. 

Heavenly:  for a man to hit a woman...

Toya/Mariah:  let's be careful about that/he didn't say he hit her

Heavenly:  yes he did

Andy:  they both admitted to physically abusing each other

I was so disgusted at this exchange: Mariah and Toya telling Heavenly to "not say 'hit'." What the hell is this. Both Quad and Gregory literally copped to there being physical abuse in their marriage, but those two want to mince words about how? Is this *really* the hill y'all wanna die on?

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I didn't think he had ED for three years. I got the impression that they stopped having sex for three years (which: yikes) and then when they tried again, he couldn't get it up due to stress overusage.

I fixed your typo.

14 minutes ago, cyberfruit said:

I was so disgusted at this exchange: Mariah and Toya telling Heavenly to "not say 'hit'." What the hell is this. Both Quad and Gregory literally copped to there being physical abuse in their marriage, but those two want to mince words about how? Is this *really* the hill y'all wanna die on?

tenor.gif

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, cyberfruit said:

as so disgusted at this exchange: Mariah and Toya telling Heavenly to "not say 'hit'." What the hell is this. Both Quad and Gregory literally copped to there being physical abuse in their marriage, but those two want to mince words about how? Is this *really* the hill y'all wanna die on?

This really disgusted me also. I was in an abusive marriage. No, he didn’t hit me, but he choked me so hard he popped a blood vessel in my eye, shoved me so hard I had bruises on my back and when I finally moved out I found a gun between the mattresses on his side of the bed. So no, he didn’t hit me (only because I got out of there). When I fled out of the house he jumped on the hood of my car to keep me from leaving, but I kept going. I was getting out of there one way or another - either dead or alive, but I wasn’t staying.

So technically I did something that could harm him in self defense.

Mariah and Toya are assholes, especially Mariah. Your dislike of another person shouldnt lead you to defending the person who abused her. 

• Love 13
15 hours ago, TexasGal said:

So what was Aydin saying about his job situation?  He was laid off and is now in a contract position?  Or he’s not working at all?

Aydin has a 1 year contract at the medical facility.  He is trying to leave Atlanta; Mariah doesn't want to.

13 hours ago, sATL said:

this might be mean to say... I am a little surprised that Jackie doesn't have some basic kitchen-cooking skills.

Simone doesn't have basic kitchen skills either.  Neither one of them is into cooking.

Toya & Mariah were silly for claiming Greg hadn't assaulted Quad; however, I think they were seeing where the narrative was headed, which was "Quad is a victim of Greg's abuse" and I think Toya & Mariah know that both of them were equal opportunity abusers to each other....wasn't that a storyline in Season 1, that Quad had no right to claim anyone else's (Kari) marriage was on a shaky foundation because both Quad & Greg had domestic violence charges on each other weeks before they married?

If your relationship is at the point where you're physically attacking each other, playing chicken in the Mini Cooper, whipping out knives on each other etc, ya'll need to separate and don't come back together.  Everyone who was like "oh they can work it out and get back together" was equally brick headed as Toya & Mariah.

For all of Curtis' introspection, he was surprised as shit to find out they not finished healing huh?  

Curtis thinks because he's getting sex and attention from Jackie again and they've been enjoying their time together again, that all is well and all is forgotten.  It's not.  Jackie will be having the thoughts of Curtis cheating on her in the back of her head for the rest of their lives together.  Don't let the good times fool you...although she may love him, she will NEVER fully trust him again.  That's the price he has to pay for cheating on his wife.  And as always, shut up Curtis.

2 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

No wonder Quad didn’t want to get trap like that.

Then Quad should've a) never married Greg since physical abuse is how they both got down before they married or b) divorced Greg in year 2 of their marriage when she moved to the guest bedroom and stopped having sex with him.  But the benefits of being married to Greg & his lifestyle outweighed the costs.

Now here is a theory:  Quad allegedly sampled Lake's husband before she married Greg...there's allegedly a police report of the fight between Quad, Lake, Mariah etc.  What if Quad sampled Lake's husband again after she stopped having sex with Greg in year 2 of their marriage and that's where the Quad/Mariah beef really comes from?

The funny thing to me is Quad was harassing Lisa Nicole about Moley Mole cheating on her left and right when her husband was doing the same thing to her.

Greg is over it.  Quad was much more emotional about the end of their marriage than he was.  I think Greg is tired of the constant drama and while he cares about Quad, is over it and has decided to move on.  It's for the best.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Toya & Mariah were silly for claiming Greg hadn't assaulted Quad; however, I think they were seeing where the narrative was headed, which was "Quad is a victim of Greg's abuse" and I think Toya & Mariah know that both of them were equal opportunity abusers to each other....wasn't that a storyline in Season 1, that Quad had no right to claim anyone else's (Kari) marriage was on a shaky foundation because both Quad & Greg had domestic violence charges on each other weeks before they married?

If your relationship is at the point where you're physically attacking each other, playing chicken in the Mini Cooper, whipping out knives on each other etc, ya'll need to separate and don't come back together.  Everyone who was like "oh they can work it out and get back together" was equally brick headed as Toya & Mariah.

Right but the full scope of information is what separates the two camps.   Toya and Mariah sound stupid because even after revelations of violence, the thing they're splitting semantic hairs about is whether or not Greg ever hit his wife as though that is the exclusive threshold for abuse, when he doesn't deny dragging her to the floor.  Ignoring the pattern of behavior in favor of the wording is pretty consistent with each Toya and Mariah's personalities though.    Heavenly and Contessa said they reverse their reconciliation stance/never would've encouraged it, once they heard about the violence.   

This next piece is mine and mine alone.    Quad is a victim of Greg's abuse.  Now I don't wanna sound like I'm a hair splitter bout this here, but each of them ran down a list of when the other was violent.   All of Quad's offenses were defensive.   She wasn't randomly picking up knives or hauling off and slapping him.   She was getting him up offa her.   Even legally, that is not the same standard at all.    The only thing that distinguishes Quad from being Tina Turner is that she fought back.   That still isn't equal.  If I need a switchblade to help you reevaluate whatever you did to make me pull it out, the State of Florida and I see that as perfectly justifiable.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Right but the full scope of information is what separates the two camps.   Toya and Mariah sound stupid because even after revelations of violence, the thing they're splitting semantic hairs about is whether or not Greg ever hit his wife as though that is the exclusive threshold for abuse, when he doesn't deny dragging her to the floor.  Ignoring the pattern of behavior in favor of the wording is pretty consistent with each Toya and Mariah's personalities though.    Heavenly and Contessa said they reverse their reconciliation stance/never would've encouraged it, once they heard about the violence.   

This next piece is mine and mine alone.    Quad is a victim of Greg's abuse.  Now I don't wanna sound like I'm a hair splitter bout this here, but each of them ran down a list of when the other was violent.   All of Quad's offenses were defensive.   She wasn't randomly picking up knives or hauling off and slapping him.   She was getting him up offa her.   Even legally, that is not the same standard at all.    The only thing that distinguishes Quad from being Tina Turner is that she fought back.   That still isn't equal.  If I need a switchblade to help you reevaluate whatever you did to make me pull it out, the State of Florida and I see that as perfectly justifiable.  

Possibly THE ONLY thing that gives the state of Florida a Day Pass.

That, and the crocs who will fuck up the forensics.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Possibly THE ONLY thing that gives the state of Florida a Day Pass.

That, and the crocs who will fuck up the forensics.

LMAOOOOO!!!  While we at it, throw Louisiana in the garbage too.   Sorry #whodatnation

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, OnceSane said:

Episode 18:

Airs January 13, 2018.

The reunion part 3 was painful to watch: Quad and Greg are done, it should have happened a long time ago. I never felt that Quad really loved him.  I like Contessa because she's intolerant of Toya's bullshit. and I like that !  The whole thing seems so petty regarding Toya accidently hitting her breast.  Simone, I have to take with a grain of salt,  I know why I don't like her , she can't be trusted, she had a strange Aura. Loving Jackie as always, but Curtis go away please. Mariah, ...what can I say , messy as always , she and Heavenly they are too much alike, that's why they don't gel. Interested to see Married to Medicine LA !! Especially  since one of the doctors is Contessa's bestie.  I'll bet she has schooled her on the heifers Lol !!

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

This really disgusted me also. I was in an abusive marriage. No, he didn’t hit me, but he choked me so hard he popped a blood vessel in my eye, shoved me so hard I had bruises on my back and when I finally moved out I found a gun between the mattresses on his side of the bed. So no, he didn’t hit me (only because I got out of there). When I fled out of the house he jumped on the hood of my car to keep me from leaving, but I kept going. I was getting out of there one way or another - either dead or alive, but I wasn’t staying.

So technically I did something that could harm him in self defense.

Mariah and Toya are assholes, especially Mariah. Your dislike of another person shouldnt lead you to defending the person who abused her. 

Damn. Glad you got out. Hope you ran over him. J/k (not really tho). LOVED Quad’s cobalt eyeliner!

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, bref said:

Where did y'all hear about the spin-off? I admit to only half-listening last night, was it teased during the show?

There was a quick teaser about it during the show, and Contessa is the link as a friend of hers is on the LA show. From what I managed to get in that 30 seconds, there's supposed to be an intro episode (with some of the Atlanta ladies) taking a trip to LA. That episode airs in March. 

• Love 4
On 1/14/2019 at 1:30 PM, drivethroo said:

Simone doesn't have basic kitchen skills either.  Neither one of them is into cooking.

I'm not surprised. If you didn't grow up cooking, the first time you "really" need to cook is when you go to college - except for the whole meal plan thing. Then there's med school and residency - where you literally eat most every meal in the cafeteria or from a local take out place. So neither one of them had to cook until they had husbands and (in Simone's case) kids. So you have your spouse cook, or you hire a maid/cook because nobody has time for that and voila, you are a 50-something year old that can't do anything more than heat up canned soup.

• Love 4
On 1/15/2019 at 7:03 PM, Rlb8031 said:

I'm not surprised. If you didn't grow up cooking, the first time you "really" need to cook is when you go to college - except for the whole meal plan thing. Then there's med school and residency - where you literally eat most every meal in the cafeteria or from a local take out place. So neither one of them had to cook until they had husbands and (in Simone's case) kids. So you have your spouse cook, or you hire a maid/cook because nobody has time for that and voila, you are a 50-something year old that can't do anything more than heat up canned soup.

Loved the "because nobody has time for that." I think Simone at last knows how to cook but chooses not to, and we know Michael is a fan/user of UberEats. Jackie, on the other hand, I suspect has no clue about cooking and probably survived on salads while in med school. As I recall, Heavenly is not big on cooking, either.

After reading these posts, I think I had more wine than I realized. Missed the bit about Aydin and Toya's kids' college fund. And Contessa's LA connect. I hope someone told her how ridiculous she was with her boobs hanging out or that she realized it when she watched the reunion on TV. I wouldn't be sad if Mariah and Contessa left the show. I would miss Quad. 

• Love 2