Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, Empress1 said:

I have to say , Toya works on my very last nerve  she's so dam needy..so what if Contessa did not call you girl, get over it please. So dam Petty !! .This heifer just refused to let this go, I can't believe she made those stupid remarks while speaking to Contessa on the phone . Girl this really could have waited.  Furthermore Heavenly should not have called her, if her own husband did not call her then what the hell ?

Edited by byrd
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, byrd said:

I have to say , Toya works on my very last nerve  she's so dam needy..so what if Contessa did not call you girl, get over it please. So dam Petty !! .This heifer just refused to let this go, I can't believe she made those stupid remarks while speaking to Contessa on the phone . Girl this really could have waited.  Furthermore Heavenly should not have called her, if her own husband did not call her then what the hell ?

It's a TV show and all concerned are paid handsomely to be petty, juvenile, and at times disgusting! It's our entertainment; trashy, low class, silly, & petty people being themselves! ;-)

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

It's a TV show and all concerned are paid handsomely to be petty, juvenile, and at times disgusting! It's our entertainment; trashy, low class, silly, & petty people being themselves! ;-)

Amen, but it really pisses me off !!! Mainly because I feel that Toya behaves this way naturally.    

• Love 7

Toya, that was very disappointing. Your kids will one day watch this show, and is this how you want them to treat the people in their lives?

There is plenty of shade to be able to throw on this show without having to call someone out so publicly at a party. Basically, you made everyone feel uncomfortable, and at some point, your friends will not be your friends.

Also, while I don't blame Heavenly for joining her husband and that drunk girl in conversation, I don't understand her conversation and animosity towards the girl. If you have these rules in your marriage, it is up to your husband to enforce them, not the other people. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, nenya said:

Also, while I don't blame Heavenly for joining her husband and that drunk girl in conversation, I don't understand her conversation and animosity towards the girl. If you have these rules in your marriage, it is up to your husband to enforce them, not the other people. 

There's ALWAYS animosity towards the other woman and not the man.  Granted, in many cases the other woman deserves that smoke but in this situation? Nah and all Damon was doing was chatting with the woman anyway.  If you have to patrol your man 24-7, maybe he shouldn't be your man.

Cecil/Simone (Assuming they are not playacting relationship troubles for a BRAVO check):

Cecil has no problem "emotionally connecting" to another person or telling another person he loves them.  That's part of Simone's issue with Tammy ... how can Cecil connect to Tammy and tell Tammy he loves her but not Simone?

Simone needs to stop focusing on what Cecil does.  She can't control anyone except herself.

What does she want and need Cecil for? She doesn't need him for roof over her head or to buy fancy cars or clothes. She can do that herself.  She is probably the primary breadwinner in the family.

Does she want or need him for sex? Does she want to have sex, period? She may not want to have sex with Cecil or anyone else, and that's ok.

Does she want the flowers and candy and romance from Cecil? If she hasn't gotten that from him in the past 20+ years, it's highly unlikely she'll ever get it from him.

So Simone needs to sit down and figure out what Simone wants.  And if what she wants is to go home, eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's in peace and chart all night without having to worry about Cecil, then so be it.  Her children are just about out of the house, so she needn't be that concerned about them, especially when the older one is away in college and dealing with his own new experiences.

Maybe Cecil isn't emotionally connecting or saying he loves Simone because...he doesn't love Simone.  Not in the way she wants and needs to be loved and that's ok.

Simone also needs to realize the BRAY BRAY I'ONT NEED YOU I DONWANNA BE BOTHERED NO NONSENSE LOUD LOUD LOUD attitude isn't encouraging for romance, either.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Cecil has no problem "emotionally connecting" to another person or telling another person he loves them.  That's part of Simone's issue with Tammy ... how can Cecil connect to Tammy and tell Tammy he loves her but not Simone?

Simone needs to stop focusing on what Cecil does.  She can't control anyone except herself.

What does she want and need Cecil for? She doesn't need him for roof over her head or to buy fancy cars or clothes. She can do that herself.  She is probably the primary breadwinner in the family.

Does she want or need him for sex? Does she want to have sex, period? She may not want to have sex with Cecil or anyone else, and that's ok.

Does she want the flowers and candy and romance from Cecil? If she hasn't gotten that from him in the past 20+ years, it's highly unlikely she'll ever get it from him.

So Simone needs to sit down and figure out what Simone wants.  And if what she wants is to go home, eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's in peace and chart all night without having to worry about Cecil, then so be it.  Her children are just about out of the house, so she needn't be that concerned about them, especially when the older one is away in college and dealing with his own new experiences.

Maybe Cecil isn't emotionally connecting or saying he loves Simone because...he doesn't love Simone.  Not in the way she wants and needs to be loved and that's ok.

Simone also needs to realize the BRAY BRAY I'ONT NEED YOU I DONWANNA BE BOTHERED NO NONSENSE LOUD LOUD LOUD attitude isn't encouraging for romance, either.

All of this!

The picture hanging was so telling. You could tell Simone wanted him to say something, anything, to give her a compliment. He helped her hang up the picture, and made one comment, but the type she wanted. It was his chance to say something like "You look beautiful and sexy" even he doesn't think that about the picture. 

But in the end,  you aren't going to change anyone, and Simone needs to think about what she wants for herself for the rest of her life. There are people who don't want to be alone, and maybe that is her - she wants to be married but doesn't need a marriage. 

• Love 1

Episode 3:

"Crabby Ladies"

When her ailing father visits, Contessa discovers his health is even worse than she thought; Mariah has a real talk with Lauren about growing up and getting ready for high school; Simone faces a hard talk with her son about the state of her marriage.

Airs September 16, 2018.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:56 PM, byrd said:

Amen. And then, when Contessa wanted to say something, Toya says some shit about it’s okay, love you boo - cutting Contessa off. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Amen. And then, when Contessa wanted to say something, Toya says some shit about it’s okay, love you boo - cutting Contessa off. 

Well don't most of the women say Toya's the "messiest!" Tonight, I missed a little, but from little I've seen, Quad's not getting all the sympathy she feels entitled! She's up here fighting with her friends, crying, and pushing all concerned away; FOR WHAT? Like she really gives 2 $#!ts about Greg? I think not! She was halfway out the door after season 1 from what I hear; had already moved out of the Master BR! She spends more time with her dogs than anyone and she loves talking to them! The b!tch is bent in so many ways! No one cares because Quad's as fake as $#!t and cant be taken seriously; esp. when cries at a moment's notice! These women had better cut back on the booze and excess food! Those rumps are expanding exponentially! ;-)

• Love 9

I don't mean disrespect , as I can see the man is ill,  - but - Contessa's : dad fell asleep in the ATL airport for 4 hours? where -  in the atrium or at the gate where people are waiting for a flight?  And you let him sleep there ? Airport security would have assisted if you told him his flight landed and he didn't or couldn't make it up baggage claim (which is a serious journey in the ATL airport- even for those in the best of health).

You didn't call for wheelchair, gurney , something and take him at least to your house, your dr office, out patient facility somewhere...

Granted you might didn't know how sick he was until you laid eyes on him, but you should have let airline know he had a serious medical condition when you bought his ticket. I know her immediate family is small, but maybe he should be traveling with someone. Hire someone if you have to fly with him.. My heart goes out to the both of them..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 10
56 minutes ago, sATL said:

I don't mean disrespect , as I can see the man is ill,  - but - Contessa's : dad feel asleep in the ATL airport for 4 hours? where -  in the atrium or at the gate where people are waiting for a flight?  And you let him sleep there ? Airport security would have assisted if you told him his flight landed and he didn't or couldn't make it up baggage claim (which is a serious journey in the ATL airport- even for those in the best of health).

You didn't call for wheelchair, gurney , something and take him at least to your house, your dr office, out patient facility somewhere...

Granted you might didn't know how sick he was until you laid eyes on him, but you should have let airline know he had a serious medical condition when you bought his ticket. I know her immediate family is small, but maybe he should be traveling with someone. Hire someone if you have to fly with him.. My heart goes out to the both of them..

It's like these women don't know what to do over the most boring of tasks! They're sorta like my old mom; if the car doesn't start, she jumps a cab and called my dad saying "your car stopped running on State St. …" and keeps it moving! Can they put gas in their cars in the ATL? Lauren's losing her mind and I'd have to smack her throwing all those expensive dresses on the floor like that? Never in life have I ever done that even with old, old clothes! She really has no idea how good she has it! Toya looking to go back into debt even though she nixed the $2.9 M home with grotto pool and an elevator with 5 or 6 BR's! Settling on $2 M budget makes more sense! I'm just glad she didn't scream over her shoulder, "if they come down to $2.4 M we'll take it!" Normally that would be her MO! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, sATL said:

I don't mean disrespect , as I can see the man is ill,  - but - Contessa's : dad fell asleep in the ATL airport for 4 hours? where -  in the atrium or at the gate where people are waiting for a flight?  And you let him sleep there ? Airport security would have assisted if you told him his flight landed and he didn't or couldn't make it up baggage claim (which is a serious journey in the ATL airport- even for those in the best of health).

This is my question too!!! Did he fall asleep & then it took 4 hours to find him bc he was asleep?!!? WHUT?

I will say, I gasped with them when he said his PSA # was 300. That. Ain't. Good. UGH. Ignoring cancer does not make it go away :(

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, sATL said:

I didn't understand that either. Why was he in the airport for four hours? Wasn't Contessa there to pick him up? She just left him there and what? went home and came back?

Toya and Eugene with a $2M budget seems kind of high to me, especially in Atlanta, but I don't know their life.

That crab boil went left in a hurry, huh? I was with Contessa - if your friend is going through it, you meet them where they are. If she doesn't open up to you, you just be there quietly until she does. The way they were attacking her for not doing what they wanted her to when she's the one who's struggling bothered me. And Mariah went from 0-100 about that purse very quickly.

Does Heavenly have a salon in her house? When Quad said she needed lash glue and Heavenly said it was in the bathroom, that's not what I was expecting.

Simone and Cecil need to buy that kid a $5K used Honda to learn to drive and keep it moving. Did Simone say Cecil wasn't working?

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I didn't understand that either. Why was he in the airport for four hours? Wasn't Contessa there to pick him up? She just left him there and what? went home and came back?

I suspect (and really hope I am wrong), Contessa sat in that "Delta-cell-phone-kiss-n-ride lot" (or what ever they named it) for free, hoping to swing by the doors at baggage claim and pick him up. As opposed to paying $3-$8 to park the car in the short term hourly lot and walk into the airport to meet him near the where the passengers come up to baggage claim. 

If she went inside -1) they have huge screens to show you if a flight has landed and what carousal is baggage claim. 2) If you see other passengers have gotten their bags and left - that would immediately signal that something happened 3) you can arrange for help if you  go to security and/or the gate agents by ticketing.

She knew dad had health issues .

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Toya and Eugene with a $2M budget seems kind of high to me, especially in Atlanta, but I don't know their life.

That crab boil went left in a hurry, huh? I was with Contessa - if your friend is going through it, you meet them where they are. If she doesn't open up to you, you just be there quietly until she does. The way they were attacking her for not doing what they wanted her to when she's the one who's struggling bothered me. And Mariah went from 0-100 about that purse very quickly.

Does Heavenly have a salon in her house? When Quad said she needed lash glue and Heavenly said it was in the bathroom, that's not what I was expecting.

Simone and Cecil need to buy that kid a $5K used Honda to learn to drive and keep it moving. Did Simone say Cecil wasn't working?

I believe Cecil has his own business now. Simone really pissed me off. Listen if your friend is not open to talking about  her personal business right  now, just be there for her when she is. These women are so selfish that they can't see that Quad has to do this her way . Sure,Quad could have responded to Simone's messages but Contessa was right , meet your friend where she is, people are different , just because you open up does not mean she owes you anything ..don't pressure her to tell you what's going on , wait until she's ready. I'm not a Quad fan, but I know how she feels and I sympathize with her the same way I did with Jackie. Unlike Simone and Cecil's issues, Jackie and Quad were publicly humiliated by their husband infidelity. Its just a different scenario for them both .  It's not something I would rush to talk to my friends about either, not until I was ready.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 9
On 9/13/2018 at 9:08 PM, nenya said:

All of this!

The picture hanging was so telling. You could tell Simone wanted him to say something, anything, to give her a compliment. He helped her hang up the picture, and made one comment, but the type she wanted. It was his chance to say something like "You look beautiful and sexy" even he doesn't think that about the picture. 

But in the end,  you aren't going to change anyone, and Simone needs to think about what she wants for herself for the rest of her life. There are people who don't want to be alone, and maybe that is her - she wants to be married but doesn't need a marriage. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5144097

I'm not sure that she does.  Maybe she might want to stay married but just isn't willing to put in the effort of meeting him halfway until she sees him meeting halfway.  It looks like the worst game of matrimonial chicken ever.    On the reunion, it sure did sound like she was perfectly willing to go it alone from now on.  I'm mad at myself for giggling but Simone sounded like:  ya'll he can kick rocks I signed these papers just before we went on the air........joyfully.   Lol.

15 hours ago, nexxie said:

Toya and Quad (and unrelated to this show Porsha) have the same defense style.  Quad at least will hear you out but for each of them, if they can't best you with logic, they find a way to overtalk and/or be dismissive.   But somehow hearing and considering what their opponent is saying simply isn't an option.    Sick dad vs. another one of your dumbass let's cheer doing what we're supposed to do parties?  Yeah, scales don't even come close to balancing.   I don't remember if she said this in a TH or to Toya's face but I was here for every letter of:   I don't celebrate mediocrity, soooo.    Pass that basket down this way please.   Andplusalso, I'm here for Contessa because keeping it real (Simone, you listening?) involves saying what you need to say to. a. chick's. face.   Talked all that shit on speaker at the party but no vowels for me in person? 

yawn-gif-1.gif

Hawk, my ass.  Hawks are patient and studious baby girl, youse a straight up magpie. 

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I'm positive I'm gone need more details as well.   Hartsfield is the Vegas of airports, is it even possible to fall asleep?   If so, where?

This is my problem with a $2M house....in Atlanta.  See in NJ, that's a very nice center hall colonial, blue ribbon, adhere to city ordinances, manicured lawn, 4 bedroom 2 car garage neighborhood.  Dassit.   In ATLANTA?  ain't nobody gotta go up to 2.  Honestly unless you're only scouting Buckhead, nobody really needs to go past 1.   She did say both of them come from families where asset management and real estate weren't discussed because frankly their families were not in positions for the conversation to make sense.  But I'm tambout, how many down payments do you need to forfeit and IRS liens do you need to have before understanding what it is to leave within your means?   Shaaaaaat.  It's Georgia.  Buy 10 $200K houses and airbnb them shits into a no-mortgage lifestyle.  

Ok the Mariah purse thing - normally, girl, NORMALLY, I'd be like sit yo ass all the way down, ain't nobody ask you to bring me my purse.  But and however, Quad's response was unnecessarily dismissive.  Heffa I don't work for you, come get this shit or I can leave right here in the driveway but don't tell me to put it in your car.  Mariah was trying to extend a conciliatory hand and while she's not obligated to accept it, don't bite it.    That lightweight shoving match in the garage looked like it had the potential to go left for a minute lol.

Simone teaching #theboy to drive.   Lawd, but my nerves.  Girl ain't nobody giving him that Jag, but he gone have to learn in the (least expensive) car they got.    I said the same thing this summer lol everybody stand back and please look both ways #thisgirl is on the road and the way her depth perception is set up........let us pray.

Because I am not my sister's keeper, I am my sister, who else wants to pluck Tessa's center part?

mean-girls-raising-hands.gif

Quad:  gets up and walks off

Heavenly:  the bitch is hurt.

Zdub:  don't ever change Heavenly.

lmao-gif-2.gif

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
how did this post without me finish typing. dammit.
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Well don't most of the women say Toya's the "messiest!" Tonight, I missed a little, but from little I've seen, Quad's not getting all the sympathy she feels entitled! She's up here fighting with her friends, crying, and pushing all concerned away; FOR WHAT? Like she really gives 2 $#!ts about Greg? I think not! She was halfway out the door after season 1 from what I hear; had already moved out of the Master BR! She spends more time with her dogs than anyone and she loves talking to them! The b!tch is bent in so many ways! No one cares because Quad's as fake as $#!t and cant be taken seriously; esp. when cries at a moment's notice! These women had better cut back on the booze and excess food! Those rumps are expanding exponentially! ;-)

Yes Lord, Quad is known for being a "bit extra"

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

This is my problem with a $2M house....in Atlanta.  See in NJ, that's a very nice center hall colonial, blue ribbon, adhere to city ordinances, manicured lawn, 4 bedroom 2 car garage neighborhood.  Dassit.   In ATLANTA?  ain't nobody gotta go up to 2.  Honestly unless you're only scouting Buckhead, nobody really needs to go past 1.   She did say both of them come from families where asset management and real estate weren't discussed because frankly their families were not in positions for the conversation to make sense.  But I'm tambout, how many down payments do you need to forfeit and IRS liens do you need to have before understanding what it is to leave within your means?   Shaaaaaat.  It's Georgia.  Buy 10 $200K houses and airbnb them shits into a no-mortgage lifestyle.  

I think I remember RHOA Porsha paid like $1M for her huge-ass house, although it's outside of Atlanta proper. A couple seasons ago Toya was looking at rentals and there were some nice options in the $2500 - $3000 a month range. I STILL don't understand why they don't just live in the house they own and rent out, unless they sold it. That appeared to be a perfectly nice house that I think they paid half a million for. And between the $50K they lost on that other house and the $170K they had to pay back, I'm like, do y'all really have it like that, and are y'all really in a place where you can be spending that kind of money when you could spend half that and be comfortable and not as stressed? Eugene worked himself into stroke-level blood pressure trying to get that shit straight. I'd think living below their means would be a priority for them now.

Also, 8900 square feet? For what? There are only 4 of them!

• Love 9

Dr. Heavenly was absolutely right, these ladies were being like sisters to Quad - wicked stepsisters. 

And that staged scene with Toya and Eugene touring that almost $3 million house was completely designed to rehab Toya's image as a sprendthrift who married Eugene for his money. 

Edited by laprin
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, sATL said:

I took this as the explanation as to why she didn't make it to the party. He got off the plane and fell asleep in the terminal prior to making it through security. If you are on the other side of security waiting for someone, you don't have a lot of options. If you go to the gate, the airlines will only confirm whether the person checked in for the flight. They may or may not confirm whether someone flew in the seat. They will page the person, but if no one answers the page then there isn't anything you can do. They will also inquire as to whether or not there were any medical emergencies in the terminal, but in this case it doesn't sound like there was. If he walked on the plane with no assistance, and didn't request a wheelchair at both ends the airline would not have put someone in charge of getting him out of security. So she was probably at the airport going crazy and when she finally found her dad, she just took him home.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I took this as the explanation as to why she didn't make it to the party. He got off the plane and fell asleep in the terminal prior to making it through security. If you are on the other side of security waiting for someone, you don't have a lot of options. If you go to the gate, the airlines will only confirm whether the person checked in for the flight. They may or may not confirm whether someone flew in the seat. They will page the person, but if no one answers the page then there isn't anything you can do. They will also inquire as to whether or not there were any medical emergencies in the terminal, but in this case it doesn't sound like there was. If he walked on the plane with no assistance, and didn't request a wheelchair at both ends the airline would not have put someone in charge of getting him out of security. So she was probably at the airport going crazy and when she finally found her dad, she just took him home.

Yes. I agree. He was tired and possibly weak (need food/meds/water/etc) and sat in the nearest chair.

A deep sleep for that long - sad and scary. And I guess, he didn't let anyone know he was feeling poorly - or maybe he didn't know how tired he was. Where was he flying from ?

If he didn't answer a couple of pages after confirming he was on the flight, that would have signaled to me that something is wrong and begged security to check a little more on the actual concourse due her father's medical issues.  I thought the airlines would issue an escort TSA pass (after you thoroughly plead your case)- to get you to/through TSA to the gates - but maybe it has to be arranged ahead of time, at ticket purchase.

Knowing he was sick, and traveling alone sounds like that would have been something to at least inquire about before the trip - getting him assistance to baggage claim.

And granted.. I'll put a some of the concern on Hartisfield - letting someone sleep, unattended for hours - esp at the gate. The airport isn't 24x7, in all places, so I kinda wonder what/who woke him up, given it was late at night. Good that he was able to finally make it all the way to baggage claim.

This a lesson-learned for all of us who might be caring for flying family/friends, especially when elderly, who have an illness.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Mariah was trying to extend a conciliatory hand and while she's not obligated to accept it, don't bite it. 

No dog in this fight, Zdub, but if Mariah extended that conciliatory hand in a backhanded bitchslap to my arm, she'd be sportin' some extensive dental reconstruction and a prosthetic hand.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

No dog in this fight, Zdub, but if Mariah extended that conciliatory hand in a backhanded bitchslap to my arm, she'd be sportin' some extensive dental reconstruction and a prosthetic hand.

LOL!!!  Wait, ya'll really feel a way about this huh?  Ok lemme go back in rewatch.   Is it that she doesn't seem genuine to begin with or more like:  the hell you do that for, does this look like an I need my purse moment?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

LOL!!!  Wait, ya'll really feel a way about this huh?  Ok lemme go back in rewatch.   Is it that she doesn't seem genuine to begin with or more like:  the hell you do that for, does this look like an I need my purse moment?

Nope - it was the actual slap on the arm that did me in.  As in "don't be layin' a hand on me, unless you wanna go through life as the one-armed fugitive with George Washington teef".   ;-)

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I don't know I feel that Mariah just reacted as usual. I  thought heard Quad quietly say , just put it over there thank you . I remember wondering why Mariah reacted that way ? It was confusing,  it was the same reaction to Heavenly and the poster. If Mariah wanted to speak with Quad all she needed to say was, Quad , may I speak with you for a moment. Mariah wanted some drama as usual.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I STILL don't understand why they don't just live in the house they own and rent out, unless they sold it.

They don't live there because a house in their neighborhood got broken into and Toya didn't feel safe living there anymore, so they needed to live in a house beyond their means to feel safe.

10 hours ago, byrd said:

I believe Cecil has his own business now.

When talking to the boy, Simone made it sound like Cecil is a stay at home dad now, not running a business from his home.

9 hours ago, laprin said:

And that staged scene with Toya and Eugene touring that almost $3 million house was completely designed to rehab Toya's image as a sprendthrift who married Eugene for his money. 

She can throw an Eviction Party next.

10 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm not sure that she does.  Maybe she might want to stay married but just isn't willing to put in the effort of meeting him halfway until she sees him meeting halfway. 

Cecil can't do anything for Simone.  Not financially and not emotionally and both of them know it.  I'm still curious as to why Simone even agreed to marry Cecil in the first place, knowing he wasn't showing her any affection and why Cecil is able to show Tammy affection.  I suspect Simone started seeing some of the other husbands showing their wives affection and started wondering why her own never did.  I'm wondering if Cecil & Simone married each other because it was what was expected of them and not because they truly were in love and wanted to be lifemates. 

• Love 4

Last season , Cecil entered into a business venture with his brother. However I'm not sure if that business in still going on .  I believe Cecil and Simone were in love when they married, so many times things begin to change as the years pass. Tammy is meeting a need in Cecil that Simone isn't able to fill. Cecil loves Simone but it's not the depth of love that they once had .  I believe they would both be happier divorced.  Cecil vigorously defended his relationship with Tammy at the reunion last year . That told me all I needed to know.  No woman comes to your home during the holidays and stays a whole week ( your sister maybe )  and she lives in the same city unless she's a family member.  Tammy never should have been allowed to come there. Simone should have said no way this heifer is staying in my home.  Cecil and Simone have clearly grown apart.  I don't see them coming back from this, I would be pleasantly surprised  if they could.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, byrd said:

Last season , Cecil entered into a business venture with his brother. 

14 hours ago, drivethroo said:

When talking to the boy, Simone made it sound like Cecil is a stay at home dad now, not running a business from his home.

Cecil had mentioned that his job/department was downsizing. Hence he looked into business venture (was it something like hiring teenagers to do work?). It is possibly now that he has been RIF and has a decent severance pkg, so it might to Simone , who is working most all of the time, that he is at stay at home dad.

And I do think that is an underlying issue with them - the same as Jackie/Curtis. One is superbusy with work & other ventures and the other is well, just coasting along recognizing that they are in another season of being in the work force.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, sATL said:

Cecil had mentioned that his job/department was downsizing. Hence he looked into business venture (was it something like hiring teenagers to do work?). It is possibly now that he has been RIF and has a decent severance pkg, so it might to Simone , who is working most all of the time, that he is at stay at home dad.

And I do think that is an underlying issue with them - the same as Jackie/Curtis. One is superbusy with work & other ventures and the other is well, just coasting along recognizing that they are in another season of being in the work force.

One thing is for sure, you can't work on a marriage living separately. Simone's commute to the hospital, and the kids schooling was the reason for this move. I thought at the time it was a good idea because I did not realize they were having issues. but it's clearly not. Nothing more dangerous than a horny man living alone.  I'll bet he's still communicating with Tammy everyday.  I know his relationship with Tammy wasn't physical , but I guarantee the right situation could make something happen. Just look at Curtis and Jackie . 

• Love 2

Simone is pissed because the world is watching her marriage fall apart and Quad's trying to keep some aspects of her situation away from the cameras. Simone's been inserting herself in Quad's marriage for way too long.  And not having a child with an asshole like Greg was the smartest decision Quad ever made; when they divorce she'll never have to see him again. 

Toya is a nasty, gossiping bitch. She and her husband are so jealous of what Mariah and Aiden have they damn near went to jail trying to live like them. Why would Quad confide in Toya when she proved she can't be trusted? And what the fuck is wrong with Simone? Why would Quad share with a judgemental bitch like her? Ugh these women have no idea how friendship works. I refuse to watch this show anymore.  Screaming in somebody's face is not an indication of friendship.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 5

Episode 4:

"Emotional Workout"

Things continue to heat up at the crab boil when Heavenly and Mariah's feud reaches a fever pitch; Quad opens up to the group; Contessa has a conversation with her father about a life-altering decision; Dr. K encourages Heavenly to dig into her past.

Airs September 23, 2018.

• Love 1

This Heavenly and Mariah feud is giving me life.  Their talking heads about each other have me cracking up!!  I'm gonna have to take Heavenly's side though.  I like her.  She's funny as hell.

• Love 4

contessa was hungry......  here's the location and menu.... ( link ) .. and she is putting the man back on the plane ? she decided to have a mastectomy - whoa !!!

Jackie needs to stop with the FitNi events... the event could be so much more, given how much fitness means to her, it and looks like a last minute thrown together deal. "Come on everyone lets meet at Jump Zone on Saturday".

Heavenly said one point I agree with - Quad needs to make herself happy. If she wants to stay in her situation , then so be it, but I too would be tired of whine and tears. That's not healthy. Maybe it is best Quad stay by herself and her new found co-workers for a minute. The reason she likes them so much is that their show is about talking about everything else and everyone else's business, going on whereas MTM is about her.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

I'm not understanding how Quad or Contessa owed an apology to any of the ladies for not being touch as they go through their personal drama.  I can understand not wanting to talk to or see anyone whether it be a sick parent or a divorce.   Who are they to be adding to the grief these women are already going through by giving them shit about not being there for THEM?  These women are all just friends for the sake of the show - nothing more.  Yet Quad and Contessa both ended up apologizing.  Ridiculous.

• Love 12

I truly believe that there is not room on this series for both Mariah and Quad. Personally, I don't care for either of them, but i care less about Mariah. I was annoyed with Quad for just laying down and letting Mariah walk back in AGAIN. i think that's why in the first 8 minutes of this episode, what was a fight between Quad and everyone, and we were left last episode with it looking like Quad was going to eject herself, instead we had a pivot where Heavenly takes a shot at Mariah that dates back to the Toya fight. Something about Toya trusting Mariah again after that physical fight starting because of some rubbish Mariah had made up? I need to go back and look at it, didn't get all of it. My point is, I dont think ANY of these women like Mariah or want her back on the show. And part of their pissiness with Quad comes from this place. 

I'm so glad they played Simone's "THIS little girl thinks she's BETTER than you .. and you.. and her.." speech, because it will continue to give me life. I'm not through the entire episode yet, Heavenly is still doing thuuuurpy with Dr K. I'm also living for his big easel reveal this episode. He's so cheesy, but if Heavenly is taking anything meaningful from this, good on him, whatever works. 

why did contessa's Dad need an earpiece thingy? She alluded to him having substance abuse issuse all the way through her childhood. I'd be betting that's why he was asleep for 4 hours at the airport, although it's possible he just passed out with fatigue, given the cancer and the coeliacs. I gave it side eye though, especially as he is not willing to do treatment for the cancer. 

1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Toya doesn't get nearly the level of shit she deserves for her antics.

Yes and no.

Toya threw a tantrum for no reason because Contessa didn't show up at her event, putting her on speakerphone etc.  Contessa's husband showed up and he explained why she wasn't there and that should've been sufficient.  Yet it wasn't enough for Toya.

Toya is feeling this distance between her and Contessa and she doesn't know why.  The reason why is Contessa looks down on Toya as a tacky, low class hoodrat just spending up her husband's money.  Both of them are twerking for a BRAVO paycheck so neither is better than the other but Contessa does have contempt for Toya and her life choices and she's very dismissive of Toya.  I didn't feel that Toya was trying to stir up drama with Contessa at the restaurant, but trying to clear the air.  But again, Contessa dismissed Toya's concerns as silly drama.

So while Toya was wrong in how she handled Contessa not showing up to her event, she's not wrong that something has changed between them.  The change is that Contessa thinks she is better than Toya.  There's nothing Toya can do about that and she shouldn't even try.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Toya is feeling this distance between her and Contessa and she doesn't know why.  The reason why is Contessa looks down on Toya as a tacky, low class hoodrat just spending up her husband's money. 

Fair. But. Were Toya and Contessa close like that? Doesn't seem like it given Toya's talking head. 

Would it be better if she looked down on Toya because she's a tacky low-class hoodrat that thinks she's better than the other wives and the dr. wives? Because that's why I look down on Toya. 

• Love 5

I rewound Heavenly getting bonked in the head like 6 times. BONK! "She shouldn't have had her head there!" That trampoline park looked like fun!

10 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

I'm not understanding how Quad or Contessa owed an apology to any of the ladies for not being touch as they go through their personal drama.  I can understand not wanting to talk to or see anyone whether it be a sick parent or a divorce.   Who are they to be adding to the grief these women are already going through by giving them shit about not being there for THEM?  These women are all just friends for the sake of the show - nothing more.  Yet Quad and Contessa both ended up apologizing.  Ridiculous.

I agree with this, except there are some real friendships here. Jackie and Simone's friendship predates the show - they've been friends for 20+ years. But Contessa just met the women for the show, so she really doesn't owe them anything. And really, the person who's going through it gets to dictate how she goes through it, you know? "You didn't make your grief easy for me!" is not the position you want to take.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, queenjen said:

why did contessa's Dad need an earpiece thingy? She alluded to him having substance abuse issuse all the way through her childhood. I'd be betting that's why he was asleep for 4 hours at the airport, although it's possible he just passed out with fatigue, given the cancer and the coeliacs. I gave it side eye though, especially as he is not willing to do treatment for the cancer. 

I may have missed something, but I do remember CONEtessa's dad as having some chronic illness (maybe not SA tho?)?? Chron's?? Something.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Fair. But. Were Toya and Contessa close like that? Doesn't seem like it given Toya's talking head. 

I believe Toya is how Contessa was introduced on the show.

8 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Would it be better if she looked down on Toya because she's a tacky low-class hoodrat that thinks she's better than the other wives and the dr. wives? Because that's why I look down on Toya. 

She shouldn't look down on Toya at all.  She's twerking for BRAVO coins just like Toya is.  Toya is no tackier or no more of a hoodrat than Heavenly, Simone, Quad or Mariah.  I don't see Toya thinking she's better than the other wives or the the doctor's wives.  But I see a lot of the other wives looking down on her.

44 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

But Contessa just met the women for the show, so she really doesn't owe them anything. And really, the person who's going through it gets to dictate how she goes through it, you know? "You didn't make your grief easy for me!" is not the position you want to take.

Contessa didn't owe Toya an apology or an explanation about why she wasn't at her party.  An ill dad or ill child trumps all of that.  Having said that, I think Contessa would've hit the other women up with a text saying "sorry can't come, dad sick" or something like that.  I think if Quad threw a "Gettin' Rid of Greg Party"  or Simone threw a "Single and Sexy at The South House Party" Contessa wouldn't be as dismissive of them.

Contessa's dad seemed to be in denial that he had cancer, especially if its at an advanced stage.  She did also mention he had Crohn's disease as well.

• Love 3

He didn't need the earpiece thingy for his heath. I've notice that among southern black men of a certain age, wearing your wireless Bluetooth earpiece is a fashion statement. Its for the man who has to be prepared for a possible phone call at the earliest moment. As to why he was asleep for 4 hours, having cancer which you are not getting any treatment for can do that to you. And while he may have had a substance abuse issue, Contessa was very clear that both he and her mother suffered from chronic HEALTH issues (mom's cancer, dad's Celiac's) for many years through her childhood which resulted in both of them not being around her much as a child. Her description of always seeing her parents in the hospital and that being the reason she wanted to become a doctor is both admirable and heartbreaking.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Love 10

• Toya is being ridiculous about Contessa not attending her silly party and continuing to hold a grudge.  I’m sure most of us would have wanted to be with their parent had they arrived in that condition.  She may not have called Toya but her husband did attend and explain, so why call and kiss Toya’s fat, entitled ass!  I did shed a tear when Contessa was talking to her dad about his illness and her upcoming breast surgery.

• Heavenly’s therapist has some good advice but I can’t get past his ridiclous ostentatious clothing and the home setting.  

•  My ex-husband was a lot like Cecile.  He never showed any PDA, and I was okay with that.  Unfortunately, he never showed me any affection period.  No holding hands or even a hug or pat on the shoulder when a family member died.  He would only do something like that when he wanted to initiate sex and I got to the point that I didn’t want that anymore, so I divorced him.  I’m not sure where Simone and Cecile are going with their marriage but it doesn’t look good.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 10
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:40 AM, Drumpf1737 said:

Simone is pissed because the world is watching her marriage fall apart and Quad's trying to keep some aspects of her situation away from the cameras. Simone's been inserting herself in Quad's marriage for way too long.  And not having a child with an asshole like Greg was the smartest decision Quad ever made; when they divorce she'll never have to see him again. 

Toya is a nasty, gossiping bitch. She and her husband are so jealous of what Mariah and Aiden have they damn near went to jail trying to live like them. Why would Quad confide in Toya when she proved she can't be trusted? And what the fuck is wrong with Simone? Why would Quad share with a judgemental bitch like her? Ugh these women have no idea how friendship works. I refuse to watch this show anymore.  Screaming in somebody's face is not an indication of friendship.

Hey I feel You , I am so over these women. They are all extremely selfish, with the exception of Jackie , she's the only one that brings peace and class to this mess.  I just don't like Simone's attitude. Heavenly is bat shit crazy. Maria's a drama queen and messy as hell. Toya only wants the tea on everyone . Contessa is just dismissive of their bullshit and I don't blame her. I am really sick of all of them . So glad to see Jackie so happy now.  In spite of what Curtis did he fought for his marriage, which is more than Simone and Cecil seem to be doing. Simone if you are truly working on your marriage, please give your husband some sex girl,  Cecil tell you wife that you love her, and take a lesson from Curtis.  I can already see that this vacation is going to be a disaster.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:16 AM, Empress1 said:

I think I remember RHOA Porsha paid like $1M for her huge-ass house, although it's outside of Atlanta proper. A couple seasons ago Toya was looking at rentals and there were some nice options in the $2500 - $3000 a month range. I STILL don't understand why they don't just live in the house they own and rent out, unless they sold it. That appeared to be a perfectly nice house that I think they paid half a million for. And between the $50K they lost on that other house and the $170K they had to pay back, I'm like, do y'all really have it like that, and are y'all really in a place where you can be spending that kind of money when you could spend half that and be comfortable and not as stressed? Eugene worked himself into stroke-level blood pressure trying to get that shit straight. I'd think living below their means would be a priority for them now.

Also, 8900 square feet? For what? There are only 4 of them!

I wonder, if you can pay anywhere from 2500.00 to 30000 a month for rent, you sure as hell can pay a mortgage.

• Love 1
On 9/17/2018 at 10:20 PM, drivethroo said:

They don't live there because a house in their neighborhood got broken into and Toya didn't feel safe living there anymore, so they needed to live in a house beyond their means to feel safe.

She can throw an Eviction Party next.

Cecil can't do anything for Simone.  Not financially and not emotionally and both of them know it.  I'm still curious as to why Simone even agreed to marry Cecil in the first place, knowing he wasn't showing her any affection and why Cecil is able to show Tammy affection.  I suspect Simone started seeing some of the other husbands showing their wives affection and started wondering why her own never did.  I'm wondering if Cecil & Simone married each other because it was what was expected of them and not because they truly were in love and wanted to be lifemates. 

Why you say that like it ain't a real thing?  {{clears throat}}:  Keeping ya head ova water, making a wave when ya caaaan.   Temp-a- rary  lay-offs.   

Lol.  

One of you lovies said you thought they might be faking this discord for their storyline because in their THs they look/act like different people.   Because I'm a nerd, I really studied that last night and I'm finna agree with it.  Like in those moments, they laugh and have chemistry and there's an ease and friendship that seems really organic.   I don't remember which poster said it but babe I see it too.   Are we trippin?   

10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Yes and no.

Toya threw a tantrum for no reason because Contessa didn't show up at her event, putting her on speakerphone etc.  Contessa's husband showed up and he explained why she wasn't there and that should've been sufficient.  Yet it wasn't enough for Toya.

Toya is feeling this distance between her and Contessa and she doesn't know why.  The reason why is Contessa looks down on Toya as a tacky, low class hoodrat just spending up her husband's money.  Both of them are twerking for a BRAVO paycheck so neither is better than the other but Contessa does have contempt for Toya and her life choices and she's very dismissive of Toya.  I didn't feel that Toya was trying to stir up drama with Contessa at the restaurant, but trying to clear the air.  But again, Contessa dismissed Toya's concerns as silly drama.

So while Toya was wrong in how she handled Contessa not showing up to her event, she's not wrong that something has changed between them.  The change is that Contessa thinks she is better than Toya.  There's nothing Toya can do about that and she shouldn't even try.

You see.  This is how grown people begin a conversation.   I think Contessa is impatient with a problem she believes already got solved.   Toya is a we draggin this all the way through the dirt up the hill and back down before we can put in the washer kinda girl.  Ain't nothing wrong with that but girl, perspective.    There's real shit going on in my life and you want to slick talk the (accurate) comment about how you prioritize things that absolutely don't matter to me?  Tuh. 

I was also about to say that she doesn't have a right to look at Toya as some hood rat.   And then.  As Tessa's leaving Toya says bye, bye bitch, bye.   The agreement is thus:  if you don't wanna be judged like a hood chick, don't talk and act like a hood chick.   The irony is Contessa has said she grew up in these streets too, largely taking care of two sick parents.  I don't think she looks down on Toya for her background.   I think she's frustrated by how limited Toya's thinking is.   The scope of what's really important, especially to other people if it coincides with what's important to her, escapes her on a regular basis.   She'll get dressed up for a theme in a second and go to a damn envelope opening because, as Heavenly so properly articulated, she ain't got shit else to do.   This was also Simone's problem with her when they were beefing a couple years ago.   

44 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I believe Toya is how Contessa was introduced on the show.

She shouldn't look down on Toya at all.  She's twerking for BRAVO coins just like Toya is.  Toya is no tackier or no more of a hoodrat than Heavenly, Simone, Quad or Mariah.  I don't see Toya thinking she's better than the other wives or the the doctor's wives.  But I see a lot of the other wives looking down on her.

Contessa didn't owe Toya an apology or an explanation about why she wasn't at her party.  An ill dad or ill child trumps all of that.  Having said that, I think Contessa would've hit the other women up with a text saying "sorry can't come, dad sick" or something like that.  I think if Quad threw a "Gettin' Rid of Greg Party"  or Simone threw a "Single and Sexy at The South House Party" Contessa wouldn't be as dismissive of them.

Contessa's dad seemed to be in denial that he had cancer, especially if its at an advanced stage.  She did also mention he had Crohn's disease as well.

Better than a text, she sent her husband in person who explained in vivid detail why she couldn't be there.   An explanation that reached Toya's ears before being put on speakerphone.  Contessa's a good one for even picking up that call, I wouldn'ta said a solid ass word, Scott told em what it was.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, nexxie said:

Love the anger mgmt. doc calling Heavenly out for “demonstrating low emotional intelligence.” Ha!

But interesting about Heavenly’s sister and mother.

Yea, I loved that as well Lol !!  Heavenly has a lot of issues. God Bless her,  Maria and Heavenly are like oil and water , they will never mix.  Once you insult someone's mother they'll never forgive you , the same thing happened with Mariah and Toya.