Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Empress1

Married To Medicine

Recommended Posts

Those are great. Thank you for posting!

I’m looking forward to watching the premiere on Sunday. I came to the show late - Mariah was no longer a regular. I watched Season 1 today and am not sure I’ll make it through a full season with her. 

Happy to have this show back!

Edited by may flowers

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 1:

Quote

"Get Your Sexy Back"

Quad's marriage problems are plastered all over social media and the blogs; Toya tries to encourage Eugene to live a healthy lifestyle; Contessa struggles with being a stay-at-home mom.

Airs September 2, 2018.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't think the picture of Mariah was bad.  However, Heavenly should know there is bad blood between them so any gesture from her will not be trusted.  And Heavenly was the one who started up with the husband talk, claiming Ayden has a small pee pee (how would she know?).  What Mariah said about Damon cheating must be true because normally loud Heavenly was quiet as a mouse on that one.

Simone can't get sexual feelings with Cecil if she is not spending time with him.  Truthfully, I don't think she's interested in sex at all, but that's something she's got to realize on her own.

Curtis needs to forever be quiet.

Good for Eugene losing weight.

All the comments must've made Contessa get some more bundles for her head.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad they're finally acknowledging Quad's Sister Circle job. She had it last season too, I think, and it annoyed me that they were making it seem like she wasn't working (not that there's anything wrong with not working; it just wasn't accurate for Quad).

Y'all already know I texted one of my friends and asked if we should do a trampoline fitness class. It looks like fun!

Heavenly IS mean. She knows she is.

Curtis really really needs to learn the art of shutting up.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Karma's coming for Heavenly. She took delight in dragging all the other women for their marriages and held herself up as the marriage expert. She had nothing to say when Mariah checked her hateful ass. 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

Greg is a doctor; HTF does he let himself get that bad? He's obviously eating 24/7 with IV's hooked up to his lard arse while he sleep! I lost 12 #'s in 2 days with a 16/8 fasting program! Again, he's a doctor and should know all the tricks to get that weight off! OMG! This fool must want to die YOUNG! ;-(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, charming said:

Karma's coming for Heavenly. She took delight in dragging all the other women for their marriages and held herself up as the marriage expert. She had nothing to say when Mariah checked her hateful ass. 

Yes, that was particularly delightful coming on the heels of Hellishly's whole "serve service your huzzbin no matter what" dreck she keeps shilling   How's that working out for you, beyotch?  :-)

I could change my stance on Mariah being useless, IF she brings the receipts.  I am just petty enough to want to hear all about it.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Yes, that was particularly delightful coming on the heels of Hellishly's whole "serve service your huzzbin no matter what" dreck she keeps shilling   How's that working out for you, beyotch?  :-)

I could change my stance on Mariah being useless, IF she brings the receipts.  I am just petty enough to want to hear all about it.

I didn't get the sense that the allegations were even true because Mariah's reaction to the new poster was unnecessary and extra. It might not have been Mariah's favorite picture but she gives her enemies ammo when she blows up over nothing. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The couples on this show are more open about sharing personal details than the couples on most Bravo shows - looks like things get pretty crazy this season too!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Nah this has been a long time coming. It’s not the poster per se it’s the public gesture of apologizing but it’s with a shady intent by using a terrible picture that she knew Mariah wouldn’t like. 

Heavenly has degraded and mocked all the women on the show. She’s talked about their marriages, Mother’s, finances, weight and intelligence. All the while holding herself up as having the best marriage, business and success. Every time she makes a nasty comment she hides behind her bible and says she’s on a self improvement journey. Nobody has really checked her hateful ass the way it needed to be checked until now.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

If Quad has her own coin - as she has told us for years that she has money - why move into the guest bedroom , as opposed to move into her own place ? And was she saying afrimations over rocks in the bathroom sink ?

I haven't been around a 4-5 yr old in a while - Is Contessa's youngest a little "extra" or was that normal behavior during the getting ready for school/breakfast scene ?

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, charming said:

Nah this has been a long time coming. It’s not the poster per se it’s the public gesture of apologizing but it’s with a shady intent by using a terrible picture that she knew Mariah wouldn’t like. 

Heavenly has degraded and mocked all the women on the show. She’s talked about their marriages, Mother’s, finances, weight and intelligence. All the while holding herself up as having the best marriage, business and success. Every time she makes a nasty comment she hides behind her bible and says she’s on a self improvement journey. Nobody has really checked her hateful ass the way it needed to be checked until now.

I don't deny that, but it seemed to be a manufactured response. If Mariah has these receipts, I don't understand why she didn't threaten Heavenly with them earlier when they were in the heat of several battles, during that horrendous couple therapy Heavenly hosted or at the reunion when she was already in a rage about the defaced poster. I'll have to watch the scene again because I missed what passion fueled the revelation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sATL said:

I haven't been around a 4-5 yr old in a while - Is Contessa's youngest a little "extra" or was that normal behavior during the getting ready for school/breakfast scene ?

Wasn't normal in my household, lol. No wonder she went back to work.

Mariah is too much. She better not be lying about Heavenly's "daddy" and bring those receipts or shut the hell up. 

Curtis creeps me out. Damn you, Jackie for taking him back. You don't need him!

Simone and Cecil- I don't know about those two. Are they just sticking it out for the show? They still live in separate houses and are not having sex so what has changed? If you are going to drop the divorce filing then do something to try to make the marriage work which means more than just not screaming at each other all the time. I want to know if Cecil is still hanging out with his female friend... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Sadly, I do think Heavenly's husband is not completely faithful. His reactions every time a story comes out makes me think that way. However, I do think, given his background with his dad, that he wants to be there daily for their kids. But once the youngest is off to college, then there may be a potential separation.

He just seems checked out of their conversations. However, it might be because he doesn't like the cameras, and their relationship looks very different when there is no filming. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

 

Simone and Cecil- I don't know about those two. Are they just sticking it out for the show? They still live in separate houses and are not having sex so what has changed? If you are going to drop the divorce filing then do something to try to make the marriage work which means more than just not screaming at each other all the time. I want to know if Cecil is still hanging out with his female friend... 

I think they are together awaiting for the 2nd son to go off to college (which eliminates the cover for buying the 2nd home - close to their school)  and the show...and maybe for Cecil to resolve his job issues, if he hasn't already

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

 NO ONE thought that stunt she pulled at the Reunion was funny - no one.  I have a feeling Mariah does indeed have the "receipts" she's claiming to have.  Heavenly deserves to have her ass kicked around the block several times for the nasty and mean comments she's made about every marriage on this show, and ESPECIALLY after her disgusting couple's retreat, where her "therapy session" was only designed to satisfy her need for dirt on everyone and making people extremely uncomfortable.  I see nothing in her actions that ever shows her coming from a good place, and she retreats to her "spiritual journey" every time she gets called out on her obnoxious behavior.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, sATL said:

I haven't been around a 4-5 yr old in a while - Is Contessa's youngest a little "extra" or was that normal behavior during the getting ready for school/breakfast scene ?

I'm trying to decide who's kids are badder: Contessa's 4 year old or Robyn from RHOP's kids.

 

14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Mariah is too much. She better not be lying about Heavenly's "daddy" and bring those receipts or shut the hell up. 

Doesn't matter if Mariah is lying, Heavenly herself thinks there's a possibility from the way she clammed up and got real quiet when usually she would go off.

 

14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Simone and Cecil- I don't know about those two. Are they just sticking it out for the show? They still live in separate houses and are not having sex so what has changed? If you are going to drop the divorce filing then do something to try to make the marriage work which means more than just not screaming at each other all the time. I want to know if Cecil is still hanging out with his female friend... 

It's not like Simone would know, since she still lives in a separate house.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

What is interesting (not surprising) to me was how negative and defensive Damon got the minute Heavenly referenced seeing an actual licensed mental health professional. Suddenly, he turned into a take it to the altar and pray through type which is a strange reaction for a trained medical professional.

It didn't seem that he felt too good for therapy. His train of thought seemed to be that she just needs to read the Bible more. Would he say that if Heavenly had a broken arm? Talking to that pastor lady from the other cancelled Bravo show and writing down scriptures has not done jack for Heavenly. Why is Damon okay with that but, not real therapy if that has a chance of producing results in her character?

The way he was adamant that there was no way he would EVER go to a therapist with her combined with Heavenly's reaction to Mariah's accusations made me even more convinced that there is more to Dr. Damon & Heavenly's relationship than meets the eye.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, red12 said:

What is interesting (not surprising) to me was how negative and defensive Damon got the minute Heavenly referenced seeing an actual licensed mental health professional. Suddenly, he turned into a take it to the altar and pray through type which is a strange reaction for a trained medical professional.

It didn't seem that he felt too good for therapy. His train of thought seemed to be that she just needs to read the Bible more. Would he say that if Heavenly had a broken arm? Talking to that pastor lady from the other cancelled Bravo show and writing down scriptures has not done jack for Heavenly. Why is Damon okay with that but, not real therapy if that has a chance of producing results in her character?

The way he was adamant that there was no way he would EVER go to a therapist with her combined with Heavenly's reaction to Mariah's accusations made me even more convinced that there is more to Dr. Damon & Heavenly's relationship than meets the eye.

I didn't connect it to their relationship per se.    I thought his reaction was a combination of the stigma black folks associate with needing professional help; talking to a *stranger* about your problems and doctors making the. worst. patients of all time.    She had to pull his ass back to scripture and tell him we are one, talk that shit if you wanna, you can't be one waiting for me in the car.

20 hours ago, sATL said:

If Quad has her own coin - as she has told us for years that she has money - why move into the guest bedroom , as opposed to move into her own place ? And was she saying afrimations over rocks in the bathroom sink ?

See?  I was trying to keep near the cross today.   Now you've effectively helped block my blessings for each remaining day during this week that I'll look up and laugh at this.

20 hours ago, sATL said:

I haven't been around a 4-5 yr old in a while - Is Contessa's youngest a little "extra" or was that normal behavior during the getting ready for school/breakfast scene ?

It looks normal to me - not in my house either - but it's clear that Contessa is more of a pleading mom than a disciplinarian because she asked those babies if they wanted her to call daddy.  If I'm the bish I've been known to be, ain't no need in calling daddy, you know when I walk in here, teeth are gonna brushed and shoes will be found.   Or not, I believe in free will, you can go to school a fire ass, stink breath mess.  I say all that to say it was normal in the sense that they know they can try her.  I think I even heard her say please (whatever the baby's name is).  Please?  Tuh! Lol.    I've cussed a baby out before. 

On 9/2/2018 at 9:19 PM, drivethroo said:

Simone can't get sexual feelings with Cecil if she is not spending time with him.  Truthfully, I don't think she's interested in sex at all, but that's something she's got to realize on her own.

 

Nodding.  Simone does not want her husband like that.    And I loved the way Tiffanie handled Heavenly.  YOU may work like that but for Simone, it isn't what works in her relationship.  As long as I'm two-centsing it shouldn't be.  Her complaint is her husband is emotionally unavailable and she needs to feel connected.  A thing she knows he's capable of because he had no problems connecting with Tammy.  So according to Heavenly she's sposed to have sex with somebody she feels distanced from because it's important to him?  I mean.   The fuck?  Are we gonna get to him working out what's important to her or.....?  He as much as said the flowers were to smooth the way for what he had to say to her  next, what did I miss about Cecil's "efforts"

When anyone else, not just Jackie, brings up the topic of being hurt or humiliated by infidelity and what that feels like?  Curtis needs to pluck that blue ribbon prize winning wart out of his parentheses crease and stick it on his tongue to keep from say a damn thing.  Bruh you SOOOOOO don't get a vote.   When Jackie was talking to her life-coach patient and told her that Curtis' "um" messed her up?  Yall I felt that. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Heavenly is a former fat girl who used sex to luck up on marrying a doctor.  She believes in submission, doing everything for your man etc because she knows at any minute Damon could up and leave, especially if she suspects he's sticking around until Alaura gets out of the house.  That's all you really need to know about Heavenly and Damon.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

It looks normal to me - not in my house either - but it's clear that Contessa is more of a pleading mom than a disciplinarian because she asked those babies if they wanted her to call daddy.  If I'm the bish I've been known to be, ain't no need in calling daddy, you know when I walk in here, teeth are gonna brushed and shoes will be found.   Or not, I believe in free will, you can go to school a fire ass, stink breath mess.  I say all that to say it was normal in the sense that they know they can try her.  I think I even heard her say please (whatever the baby's name is).  Please?  Tuh! Lol.    I've cussed a baby out before. 

This.  When I was a kid, we did stuff when our mother said to or there was going to be trouble.  Not that we were perfect and never screwed around, but stuff got done.  If she ever had to resort to calling daddy?  Someone was going to die when he got home.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

@sATL and @ZaldamoWilder I don't get the sink full of rocks thing. That was her ensuite wasn't it? Does she brush her teeth over the toilet? What's with the ROCKS??!! I really need to know. 

The get your sexy back party was very sad. I love this show, I hope they are just having a flat moment. I didn't pay attention to the opening credits, but is Mariah back AGAIN already? She's a clinger, that one. It took her half way through last season to slither in, New Orleans I think, via Toya. I don't think there is ever going to be room on this show for both Mariah and Quad. And if Quad is going to go to her special place because she has too much pride to be around her non real friends over the Greg situation, then she's basically just laid down and let Mariah back in. I think I prefer Quad to Mariah.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, queenjen said:

@sATL and @ZaldamoWilder I don't get the sink full of rocks thing. That was her ensuite wasn't it? Does she brush her teeth over the toilet? What's with the ROCKS??!! I really need to know. 

Girl Buddah say build your chakra altar in the place of your peace.

 

source.gif

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, Iguessnot said:

I didn't get the sense that the allegations were even true because Mariah's reaction to the new poster was unnecessary and extra. It might not have been Mariah's favorite picture but she gives her enemies ammo when she blows up over nothing. 

I also did not get Mariah's  reaction to the poster. Heavenly just should have said,  " I'm sorry , but I thought it was a pretty picture of you. I meant no harm. "  Lord these women are so dam petty !!! Leave Quad the hell alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she'll speak about the situation when she's ready. Simone keep your mind on bringing up your freak level.. your husband needs you.  You women don't need to go on vacation together ...it's always a disaster.. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/5/2018 at 12:05 PM, byrd said:

I also did not get Mariah's  reaction to the poster. Heavenly just should have said,  " I'm sorry , but I thought it was a pretty picture of you. I meant no harm. "  Lord these women are so dam petty !!! Leave Quad the hell alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she'll speak about the situation when she's ready. Simone keep your mind on bringing up your freak level.. your husband needs you.  You women don't need to go on vacation together ...it's always a disaster.. 

I watched this episode again with my husband and this stood out to me. Your "friend" was just publically humiliated multiple times (reunion confession and now hoe tales online) and her marriage is basically over. This is the witches coven you call her to for discussion of how terrible she has been about keeping in touch with you? To quote Vicki G on RHWOC, "Where is her casserole?". You need to be showing up for her with kleenex in hand offering food, movie nights, lawyer recommendations, whatever she needs. I was shocked that Mariah had the most insight and as close as she could get to graceful observations about Quad. 

I also believe Simone is done with traditional marriage. I don't get the feeling that she was ever truly in touch with her sexuality. Her freek factor has always probably been about 4. But, she loved Cecil and sexual expression was part of the deal. Add 20 years of annoyances + the resentments she still has not processed + peri or total menopausal hormone dips and she is over it. It seems that in this season of her life she would like nothing more than to come home to peace & quiet to chart and possibly Netflix and chill alone.

I think she and Cecil would have been divorced and moving on with co-parenting if the group had not intervened. I am not convinced stopping the divorce was the best course of action. They also better figure out a way to actively parent their youngest son because God only knows what he can be up too while they are wrapped up in their own drama.

The hubs and I both think Contessa has crossed into the other side and has decided she is keeping this job so, she will be jumping into the fray and bringing her own drama to keep her place secure. She has the lace front wardrobe, make-up tutorial looks and overdone outfits (Who wears a white dress and bridesmaid shoes to work a shift at a PCP office?) combined with unnecessary snarkiness on deck to try and stake out her territory on the show. She has completely sold out and I hope her family survives.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 2:

Quote

"I Don't Talk to Dentists"

After Mariah accuses Damon of infidelity, Heavenly channels her rage by seeking help from an anger management therapist; Contessa worries about her father's failing health.

Airs September 9, 2018.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, OnceSane said:

Episode 2:

Airs September 9, 2018.

I guess no one seems to care! Oh well, it's back on the same track of Simone/Cecil pretending to be together, Heavenly still fighting reality thinking her life's perfect, and Quad performing as a "drama queen" like she really gives a $#!t about Greg and his lack of fidelity! Toya turns her BD party into a celebration of Eugene's promotion and a burn of Contessa for not attending! I can't wait until next week when they "get it on!" ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I really wish Jackie would have dumped Curtis. He annoys me for many reasons. One of them being that ridiculous car he drives. Simone and Cecil are not in a good place. I can't really see them staying together. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think Simone wants to have sex with Cecil and nothing he says or does is going to change that.  There's always going to be some annoyance or some condition Cecil hasn't met.  They need to divorce so Simone can be happy sitting on the recliner by herself and Cecil can go golf with Tammy.

That mole is annoying and Curtis is too.  That is all.

Scott should have walked out of the party the moment Toya started up whining about Contessa not being there.

Heavenly won't change because she doesn't think she's doing anything wrong.  She's only in counseling because she sees her behavior having a negative effect on others.

Damon never did say he wasn't cheating.  He just asked why Mariah would say such things about him.  Even though he did say it was all made up, he never said "I am not/have never cheated on you."

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Did Curtis say people said things about him that weren't true? That was an awkward confessional between him and Jackie.

15 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I don't think Simone wants to have sex with Cecil and nothing he says or does is going to change that.  There's always going to be some annoyance or some condition Cecil hasn't met.  They need to divorce so Simone can be happy sitting on the recliner by herself and Cecil can go golf with Tammy.

That mole is annoying and Curtis is too.  That is all.

Scott should have walked out of the party the moment Toya started up whining about Contessa not being there.

Heavenly won't change because she doesn't think she's doing anything wrong.  She's only in counseling because she sees her behavior having a negative effect on others.

Damon never did say he wasn't cheating.  He just asked why Mariah would say such things about him.  Even though he did say it was all made up, he never said "I am not/have never cheated on you."

I can understand Simone's position. It seems like she and Cecil are on opposite sides. Cecil wants sex to feel a connection, and Simone wants a connection before she has sex. 

Toya just made too much of Contessa's not being there. Like, was it that real that she had to call it out in front of the whole party and make things all awkward?

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Did Curtis say people said things about him that weren't true? That was an awkward confessional between him and Jackie.

Yes, he did! Smug jerk. I love that Jackie just stared at him with a 'are you effin kidding me' look on her face and didn't say a word. She can do so much better. 

Simone and Cecil are ridiculous together. They are clearly putting up a front for the show, Cecil always looks like he has a perma smirk on his face. Just going through the motions...

Toya, grow up honey. Contessa's husband came to the party, she is taking care of her dad. Stop the nonsense. Eugene is the only husband I like, he was pretty much telling her to shut up about Contessa and don't ruin the party. Not that Toya listened to a word he said.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Toya can sit down and STFU and take that smarmy husband of hers with her.  Contessa’s. Husband came and made her apologies and explained the situation and that should have been enough.   Screw Tpya and her sense of self-entitlement.  

Oh and I guess Heavenly convenient to leave out that her truth is nasty remarks designed to piss people off and hurt them.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

A sexy picture? Even Sammy the dog whined...

I think she hung this next to the bedroom TV to scare off any random Cecil might bring over..

Looks like if the top light is on - you can't even see her face (which is awfully large in the picture)

5b95eb9f2da9c_swsexy.png.62bdbb33c39f3f8d7f37b5630b43222d.png

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Toya irks my spirit. I love the way Dr. Scott put her in her place. She's so new money bougie I can't take it. What does she do all day besides spend her Bravo check?  This bitch has absolutely no shame! I can't believe she was immediately informed of an illness in the family yet apologizing and wishing the family well wasn't her immediate response. What an asshole.

I wouldn't have sex with a man I suspected was cheating on me, but it's time to move on.  Also Simone needs to step off and stop being so invested in Quad's marriage. Furthermore I hope Quad gives all of them a good cussing out after their lack of support for her. 

I don't mind Mariah being back if she can pull it back to a 5. Subtle shade at Heavenly could be a lot of fun but Mariah at 10 is no fun for anyone.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Contessa - keep your 5 yr old off camera. She is making you and hubby look bad.

I will excused the choking (even though it sounds like it happens often) but the acting up at the dinner table  - no.

And I haven't forgotten last season when she was asked to pray for the meal and she cut up being super silly - I guess trying to sing the prayer to a point no one could understand what she said. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes, he did! Smug jerk. I love that Jackie just stared at him with a 'are you effin kidding me' look on her face and didn't say a word. She can do so much better.

It was better than that I thought, she didn't even NEED to have that look on her face. I know I was definitely thinking 'are you effing kidding us?', but Jackie stays serene and just lets him dig his own grave. Which he did, which he always will do unless he truly gets with the program. I don't think Curtis is sorry for cheating, I think, as usual, he's sorry for getting caught. Jackie knows this about him and I think she's forgiven him as a human and a man, but she's not got illusions about how evolved he is. I think she sees this marriage as a commitment, for better or worse, and she has to stand by Curtis and be the means through which HE does evolve as a better man and a husband. She's made it very clear that if it happens again, though, she's out, it's over, no discussion. I really hear what she says about Quad: that it's easy to give advice, but hard to take it in this situation. And it is, no one is going to get what a woman goes through when cheated on or what she will do, until she goes through it herself. it's a lonely journey. 

2 hours ago, Impalace said:

I am over Quad and her dramatics. She needs to be off this show

I am over Mariah more than I am over Quad. Maybe. I'm very peeved with Quad as I said last episode, because essentially, by withdrawing from this group, she's allowed Mariah to walk right back in. Mariah has nothing much to offer us and I've never been comfortable with her as an EP either. Sister Circle has gone under, hasn't it? Or the network it was on? I can't see them filming Quad with her new besties as tenable on a regular basis. And I'm glad, because when Quad and Rasheeda (I think, from Sister Circle, sitting opposite Quad at the restaurant) gave me Phaedra Parks vibes and I never want to feel that again. 

I'm starting to believe the blinds and speculation that Simone and Cecil are fine and all the marriage drama is just for the show. They certainly seem to get on really well in the THs and out together. I can see them cracking up on the rewatch when Simone brought that distinctly unsexy framed poster of herself into Cecil's bedroom. Boudoir shot? in what universe? She looked like she was graduating from something. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I can understand Simone's position. It seems like she and Cecil are on opposite sides. Cecil wants sex to feel a connection, and Simone wants a connection before she has sex. 

Cecil doesn't need sex to have a connection. After all, one of the reasons Simone is upset is because he had a connection with that Tammy woman and he and Tammy allegedly were not having sex.  I actually think Cecil wants to have an emotional connection with Simone but she doesn't want to give it.  So now he's thinking that having sex will bring the connection back since trying to connect emotionally isn't working.

The problem is Simone doesn't want to connect with Cecil, sexually or emotionally.  I don't think Simone wants to have sex with ANYONE.  Get your sexy back? She never had it in the first place.  Even when times were better between Cecil & Simone, she wasn't really into having sex.

She won't even move back into one of the houses, so...

 

10 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Oh and I guess Heavenly convenient to leave out that her truth is nasty remarks designed to piss people off and hurt them.  

Yes, Heavenly conveniently left out to Damon that the reason Mariah even put his name in her mouth is because Heavenly said Mariah's husband had a small penis.  She also conveniently left out to the therapist that she started up with Mariah & her husband and that's why Mariah attacked her.  That's why nobody believes Heavenly's "spiritual journey." More like the Highway to Hell.

 

8 hours ago, queenjen said:

Which he did, which he always will do unless he truly gets with the program. I don't think Curtis is sorry for cheating, I think, as usual, he's sorry for getting caught. Jackie knows this about him and I think she's forgiven him as a human and a man, but she's not got illusions about how evolved he is. I think she sees this marriage as a commitment, for better or worse, and she has to stand by Curtis and be the means through which HE does evolve as a better man and a husband. She's made it very clear that if it happens again, though, she's out, it's over, no discussion. I really hear what she says about Quad: that it's easy to give advice, but hard to take it in this situation. And it is, no one is going to get what a woman goes through when cheated on or what she will do, until she goes through it herself. it's a lonely journey. 

Jackie may not want to start over because of her age, Curtis is familiar to her, etc.  Jackie's reasons for staying with Curtis are her own (Just as Mariah's reasons for staying with Ayden are her own & Lisa Nicole's reasons for staying with Moley Mole are her own). It's easy for people who haven't been in that position to say "You need to do this or that."   You always think when a man cheats on you that you'll immediately kick him to the curb and be strong and you look down on "weak women with low self esteem" who decide to stay.

Then it happens to you, and.........

I personally feel like Curtis is a disrespectful jerk who needs it to be about him and that's why I think Jackie should kick him to the curb, not necessarily the cheating because the cheating is a byproduct of that.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, sATL said:

A sexy picture? Even Sammy the dog whined...

I think she hung this next to the bedroom TV to scare off any random Cecil might bring over..

Looks like if the top light is on - you can't even see her face (which is awfully large in the picture)

5b95eb9f2da9c_swsexy.png.62bdbb33c39f3f8d7f37b5630b43222d.pngI can see them cracking up on the rewatch when Simone brought that distinctly unsexy framed poster of herself into Cecil's bedroom. Boudoir shot? in what universe? She looked like she was graduating from something. 

9 hours ago, queenjen said:

I can see them cracking up on the rewatch when Simone brought that distinctly unsexy framed poster of herself into Cecil's bedroom. Boudoir shot? in what universe? She looked like she was graduating from something. 

When someone said that was a boudoir photo, I had to do a double-take. From the neck up, it looks like it could be her LinkedIn profile pic.

I’m so glad Mariah is back, it just feels right seeing her on the opening sequence again. And if she’s going to go after Hellishly, all the better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, sATL said:

A sexy picture? Even Sammy the dog whined...

I think she hung this next to the bedroom TV to scare off any random Cecil might bring over..

Looks like if the top light is on - you can't even see her face (which is awfully large in the picture)

5b95eb9f2da9c_swsexy.png.62bdbb33c39f3f8d7f37b5630b43222d.png

Okay? I looked at that and thought, if she cut this in the right spot, it looks more like a headshot than a "sexy" picture. That's just a date night type of dress. It's not really what I (female) or very many men I can think of would categorize as risque or sexy. Now, if she was really going for a sexy type of look she should have taken pictures in that nurse's outfit she wore to Toya's party.

Share this post


Link to post

Agreed that Simone's picture is not sexy, but it's better than the shot we saw of Heavenly with whipped cream in her mouth like she got caught at the fridge at 2 am.

13 hours ago, Pickles said:

I really wish Jackie would have dumped Curtis. He annoys me for many reasons. One of them being that ridiculous car he drives. Simone and Cecil are not in a good place. I can't really see them staying together. 

Honestly, I will sort of start to like Curtis again and then they show that stupid car and I get really ragey about it.  I don't understand why Jackie is doing this show.  She doesn't get down in the mud with the others, she doesn't seem all that interested in the notoriety and she all too often has to be the voice of reason.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Cecil doesn't need sex to have a connection. After all, one of the reasons Simone is upset is because he had a connection with that Tammy woman and he and Tammy allegedly were not having sex.  I actually think Cecil wants to have an emotional connection with Simone but she doesn't want to give it.  So now he's thinking that having sex will bring the connection back since trying to connect emotionally isn't working.

The problem is Simone doesn't want to connect with Cecil, sexually or emotionally.  I don't think Simone wants to have sex with ANYONE.  Get your sexy back? She never had it in the first place.  Even when times were better between Cecil & Simone, she wasn't really into having sex.

She won't even move back into one of the houses, so...

 

Yes, Heavenly conveniently left out to Damon that the reason Mariah even put his name in her mouth is because Heavenly said Mariah's husband had a small penis.  She also conveniently left out to the therapist that she started up with Mariah & her husband and that's why Mariah attacked her.  That's why nobody believes Heavenly's "spiritual journey." More like the Highway to Hell.

 

Jackie may not want to start over because of her age, Curtis is familiar to her, etc.  Jackie's reasons for staying with Curtis are her own (Just as Mariah's reasons for staying with Ayden are her own & Lisa Nicole's reasons for staying with Moley Mole are her own). It's easy for people who haven't been in that position to say "You need to do this or that."   You always think when a man cheats on you that you'll immediately kick him to the curb and be strong and you look down on "weak women with low self esteem" who decide to stay.

Then it happens to you, and.........

I personally feel like Curtis is a disrespectful jerk who needs it to be about him and that's why I think Jackie should kick him to the curb, not necessarily the cheating because the cheating is a byproduct of that.

Girl you gone have to help me all the way out with this one.   How is Cecil trying to connect emotionally?  I'm not caping for Simone, it's not like I see her stretching towards him, but they're not in the same position.   There isn't something she can do to incentivize him in order to get her needs met.   Her complaint was the same when they were getting it in.   But she gave him the formula for him to get his needs met.  She's complained at least 3 different times on camera that it's a struggle for Cecil to tell her he loves her.   It's not going to bring them any closer but I completely understand (and stubbornly agree with) Simone's position.  If your core is emotional, and you ain't getting that, don't expect shit else, until or unless you're willing to give me all the feels back.   It would be different if he stuck to his I wasn't hugged as a child so emotion is hard for me guns.  But she watches him regularly interact with other people on these go-deep levels.    I don't think it's that she doesn't want to connect with him sexually or emotionally, I think for Simone, sex IS the emotion.    Heavenly and Contessa can wham, bam and compartmentalize.  

Are we using professional terms too loosely?  First of all, "Dr." K - House Party 1 & 2 called, they want their shape up back.    Second of all, I'm gone need to start seeing some paperwork.  Where in the damn Tyler Perry Productions did this dude come from?   If we're in Mt. Olive Zion Pentecostal Blood of the Lamb, feel free to save me, Saint but my doctor bet not be talmbout some my my my.

giphy.gif

Say that.   I think there's a huge value women place on familiarity, the devil you know, my family loves him regardless, damn his cheating ass, that has nothing to do with the vow I took, he fits in with my peoples, aint none of em perfect so if I leave here, I'm just finna wind up with a different kettle of bullshit.  I really can't say, I've always been single, I'm just saying if/when she decides to stay I can respect the struggle that it is for her internally.     Curtis?  Jackie looked at you the way all of us at home did:   everything said about you was true.   Your punk ass is on one for even trying to sift through it.    Andplusalso, I hate that it seemed like you couldn't wait to put on a white coat and play doctor.    My return button is acting a fool, just pretend this is a new paragraph :D    Who said Scott should've left as soon as Toya started talking shit?  That part.    Shutting her down with - Nah she don't have to call you, she's responding in the order of her priority - yes husband!!!! come on through!!    Toya was still in her feelings from the last comment Contessa made about the dumbasssery of throwing a we paid our taxes party.   Toy-yuh? you gone turn into Drake every time somebody slick talk that crazy ass hood rich mentality of yours?  Guuuuurl.  That conversation had, on speaker, made you look like a whole bag of dicks.    I don't know how Genie does it, she's got the emotional maturity of a 3rd grader.

Oh, it's back working lol.  Mind rewind, Ayden took Mariah through something huh?  She sure do tell him every time one of the other husbands get caught playing in tail, now you make sure you stay your ass out these blogs.   And he don't say shit.  Lol.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, red12 said:

I watched this episode again with my husband and this stood out to me. Your "friend" was just publically humiliated multiple times (reunion confession and now hoe tales online) and her marriage is basically over. This is the witches coven you call her to for discussion of how terrible she has been about keeping in touch with you? To quote Vicki G on RHWOC, "Where is her casserole?". You need to be showing up for her with kleenex in hand offering food, movie nights, lawyer recommendations, whatever she needs. I was shocked that Mariah had the most insight and as close as she could get to graceful observations about Quad. 

I also believe Simone is done with traditional marriage. I don't get the feeling that she was ever truly in touch with her sexuality. Her freek factor has always probably been about 4. But, she loved Cecil and sexual expression was part of the deal. Add 20 years of annoyances + the resentments she still has not processed + peri or total menopausal hormone dips and she is over it. It seems that in this season of her life she would like nothing more than to come home to peace & quiet to chart and possibly Netflix and chill alone.

I think she and Cecil would have been divorced and moving on with co-parenting if the group had not intervened. I am not convinced stopping the divorce was the best course of action. They also better figure out a way to actively parent their youngest son because God only knows what he can be up too while they are wrapped up in their own drama.

The hubs and I both think Contessa has crossed into the other side and has decided she is keeping this job so, she will be jumping into the fray and bringing her own drama to keep her place secure. She has the lace front wardrobe, make-up tutorial looks and overdone outfits (Who wears a white dress and bridesmaid shoes to work a shift at a PCP office?) combined with unnecessary snarkiness on deck to try and stake out her territory on the show. She has completely sold out and I hope her family survives.

Thank you ..beautifully written..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Wonder what the real story is between Heavenly and “Daddy” - they both seem full of shit with all their religious talk. Maybe she calls him Daddy because they have an open marriage and he’s much more daddy to their kids than anything to her.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, red12 said:

Okay? I looked at that and thought, if she cut this in the right spot, it looks more like a headshot than a "sexy" picture. That's just a date night type of dress. It's not really what I (female) or very many men I can think of would categorize as risque or sexy. Now, if she was really going for a sexy type of look she should have taken pictures in that nurse's outfit she wore to Toya's party.

OCO, don't you remember from a couple seasons ago when the girls were trying to school Simone on how to get her "freak on?" They bought her some paraphernalia, set up some dates (1 on a golf course), and trying to encourage more communication! It appeared to me Simone was a bit of a drunk (sorry) who openly said something to the affect that "vodka is my friend!" Her legacy has already been revealed/exposed from trip back home to confirm death of her dad! I'm not blaming her for anything, but from what little we see, it's her that's withholding; and more than likely she feels justified! That becomes the vicious cycle of paying each other back with nothing getting accomplished! This show can't be helping and I don't blame Cecil for not wanting to play out his life on TV like this! I have to believe this is her idea; just like Jackie so both shouldn't be surprised their marriages have been on life-support since season 2! Early on it appeared everything got priority over giving some to her husband! I can still see hair wraps, flannel PJ's, and her charting online into the night! That's not conducive to a healthy marriage; ASK CURTIS! He was being left by the wayside with this silly show obviously more important to his wife! Her, I'm blaming! Jackie wants to do it all and sometimes there aren't that many hours in a day! It looks as if the show is killing all the marriages on this show! Mariah, Heavenly, and Toya are holding on being very strong advocates for their husbands, but there has to be some friction behind the scenes! Quad's done with Jackie and Simone giving effort I guess in trying to save their relationships! Nothing's going to change until they leave the show IMO! ;-)

Share this post


Link to post

Did Mariah get new veneers since last season? Heavenly keeps referring to Mariah’s teeth this season in response to Mariah’s various insults. Or maybe Mariah has always had the veneers? Do I really care about this? (I suppose I do - kinda sad!)

I don’t like Mariah as a person but she is great TV and I do think she was always in the right about giving Quad a platform only to have Quad run away with the spotlight. Now that they have both been knocked off their pedestals (Mariah by Quad taking over the show, and now Quad with the cheating scandal), maybe they’ll get back to their original friendship dynamic. 

 

This show just feels complete again with Mariah in the intro. It flows so nicely (like back in the “KARI” days) and that smirk Mariah has in the intro this season is SO her. Like an alligator. OTOH, Toya looks awful in the intro and if I were her I’d be pissed that such an unflattering shot was used. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×