Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Quite A Ride

• Start Topic

Oh cool!  Was there  a manager in the back  with a spiral pony tail?  Was there an older guy making sweet rolls for dessert?  Could this be the happy ending I've been longing for?

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Oh cool!  Was there  a manager in the back  with a spiral pony tail?  Was there an older guy making sweet rolls for dessert?  Could this be the happy ending I've been longing for?

My guess is the first engineer from the episode posted that picture upon landing at Denver Airport.  Quite the Chatty Cathy, that one.  

• Love 2
On 9/3/2018 at 7:21 PM, WritinMan said:

Because nothing about him showed that he cared enough about the job to do it properly. The other guy was concerned about all the little details.

I thought it was because he bragged about the El Paso tunnel. No client confidentiality.

• Love 2

The amazing cold open, showing Saul ranksacking his office, was fun to watch. I have not seen BB, but I knew that we were being flash-forwarded into the BB timeline, a first for BCS.

The scene played just like a deleted scene or an extra on the BB DVD. I know from the Insider podcast that the scene was actually filmed, as BB was, as opposed to BCS, which is digital. And also the BB set had been folded in half and stored, so they were able to reuse it.

But more than that, watching the scene made me realize, What's to stop Gilligan and Gould from doing this again? They can add pretty much anything they want to the canon of BB.  They can alter the future, so to speak.

In past discussions about Kim, many viewers are sad because she doesn't appear in BB. People are wondering if she dies during BCS, or just disappears, to avoid some horrible fate. But now we know that she can be added to BB! We can see a flash-forward of Saul and Kim, together in the BB timeline. I rather doubt that Kim would be happy with the man Jimmy evolves into, but who knows what the powers that be can come up with? Maybe Nacho will even make it out alive!

Edited by Macnyc
  • Love 4
On 9/9/2018 at 6:40 AM, icemiser69 said:

I didn't think that is how therapists "work".  I thought they went down the same path as psychologists  and psychiatrists.  Parroting  back what their patients are telling them in an effort to get their patients to work through their own problems with a little guidance.

I would think that it would make little sense to go to a mental health professional and expect that person to solve the problems of their patients.   Patients have to learn how to deal with their own problems, otherwise they would be forever going back to a mental health professional every time they had an issue, because they never learned to deal with those issues themselves. 

It doesn't matter what the mental health professional thinks of Jimmy's reaction.  It matters what Howard thinks of Jimmy's reaction.  The mental health professional doesn't have to deal with Jimmy.  Howard (if he chooses) is the one that has to deal with Jimmy.

Plus, if Howard were to talk about Jimmy to a mental professional,  Howard could be misreading Jimmy's reaction to Howard's confession.  That in and of itself would be giving false info to the medical professional, and that medical professional couldn't give Howard accurate insight into Jimmy even if he or she wanted to, which I don't think a medical professional would give insight, regardless.

I could envision a scenario where a medical professional would ask Howard what he thinks of Jimmy and what he thinks of Chuck and things such as that, and how it makes him (Howard) feel..  I just can't imagine a medical professional chiming in with his or her own opinions.

ETA:

People aren't always in control of what happens to them.  They are in control of how they react to what happens to them.

To quote myself, I posted "It also occurred to me that Howard's therapist probably gave him insight into Jimmy's reaction to Howard's confession." That doesn't mean the therapist explained Jimmy to Howard or told Howard what to feel or think or solved Howard's problems. I meant that in his sessions with the therapist, Howard likely talked about feeling guilty for pushing Chuck to commit suicide and, probably, mentioned Jimmy's reaction which solidified Howard's feelings of responsibility. No way to know what the therapist said (unless we get the unlikely scene of one of their sessions), but I imagined him/her saying that Jimmy is probably dealing or not dealing with feelings of his own which affect how he acts with others, particularly concerning Chuck. So this, and all the other sessions, would get Howard to view others as having deep issues just as he does.

And even if the therapist did not address Jimmy specifically, because Howard is delving into his emotions, motivations, and subconscious, he probably views other people differently than he did before. He certainly seemed to be treating Jimmy differently, and I attribute that to his therapy.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

And even if the therapist did not address Jimmy specifically, because Howard is delving into his emotions, motivations, and subconscious, he probably views other people differently than he did before. He certainly seemed to be treating Jimmy differently, and I attribute that to his therapy.

I think that's really possible.  Howard responded to Kim's tirade by asking what he could do to make it better.  It's likely that is one of the top issues he'd be discussing with a counselor.  He couldn't have had that many sessions so he's probably not far into it, but a therapist can certainly ask probing questions that make him rethink his assumptions. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Macnyc said:

The amazing cold open, showing Saul ranksacking his office, was fun to watch. I have not seen BB, but I knew that we were being flash-forwarded into the BB timeline, a first for BCS.

The scene played just like a deleted scene or an extra on the BB DVD. I know from the Insider podcast that the scene was actually filmed, as BB was, as opposed to BCS, which is digital. And also the BB set had been folded in half and stored, so they were able to reuse it.

But more than that, watching the scene made me realize, What's to stop Gilligan and Gould from doing this again? They can add pretty much anything they want to the canon of BB.  They can alter the future, so to speak.

In past discussions about Kim, many viewers are sad because she doesn't appear in BB. People are wondering if she dies during BCS, or just disappears, to avoid some horrible fate. But now we know that she can be added to BB! We can see a flash-forward of Saul and Kim, together in the BB timeline. I rather doubt that Kim would be happy with the man Jimmy evolves into, but who knows what the powers that be can come up with? Maybe Nacho will even make it out alive!

It is possible that they might be friends but not romantic, though it is hard to imagine Kim being friends with someone that calls his paralegal honey tits.

• Love 2

When I think of watching BCS without/with benefit of having seen BB, cartoons come to mind.   Cartoons absolutely work for kids and work awesomely.  Adults have a richer experience, but kids still have a fun time.  

Any chance the hot dog place changed their hours after a certain suspended lawyer got the snot beat out of him late night?  ;)