Type keyword(s) to search

Hollywood Exes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm with Andrea on this one...I'm not surprised either about Jessica showing her racist ass again. It started with the first episode where she said something about Black women's vaginas. She followed that up by telling Nicole that she didn't see Nicole as Black. She then made that slave comment to Sheree. Somewhere in Season 2 she made that comment to Mayte about adopting a White baby. Then, of course, there was the infamous "hoodrat" comment. Only for Jessica to come back the next season and text Shanna calling Shemika a hoodrat AGAIN repeated the exact racist behavior AFTER being told that it's racist, so that kills any argument that Jessica has this innocent ignorance and just didn't know because she had been told by the entire cast last season that "hoodrat" was racist. Now Jessica is texting racist shit like "black girls and white girls don't mesh".

I can't believe that it took until season 3 for her to finally get called out on this shit.

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 1
(edited)

Okay, I could have gone 100 friggin years without seeing Tami Roman's behind again.  Boo!!!

Drea has got to feel like the biggest fool that ever fooled in Foolville.  All of her "He's been there for me...blah, blah, blah..." is such bullcrap.  You've only known the guy for 6 months.  How much can he have been there for you?  And the way her fiancé went off and wanted to trash the whole party fighting was some scary stuff.  In my opinion it's just another red flag that Drea chose to ignore.  She needs to thank God that she found out his true colors and got out of it before he went to that place again.  Dude seemed out of control.  I would hate to see all of that vitriol aimed at Drea.  Also, wtf was that crap about buying her a present, therefore I won't wear a costume to her costume theme party?  The logic of it doesn't make since to me.  Does it mean he's so poor, he can't buy a present and still afford a few seventies props to wear as a costume?  I didn't get that.

Nicole tickles me with all of the gushing she does over Prince.  I know she's only kidding, but she's lucky Mayte doesn't feel some kind of way about it.  Especially with Shanna's comments about women friends (in this case Carmen Electra; who also hooked up with Prince pre-Mayte) hooking up with her ex.

Edited by swankie

Nicole tickles me with all of the gushing she does over Prince.  I know she's only kidding, but she's lucky Mayte doesn't feel some kind of way about it.  Especially with Shanna's comments about women friends (in this case Carmen Electra; who also hooked up with Prince pre-Mayte) hooking up with her ex.

Not just pre-Mayte, Carmen and Mayte were on tour with Prince at the same time and probably overlapped dating Prince. The man is known for being a whore.

I was curious about the nature of Mayte and Prince's relationship, so I recently picked up a Prince biography from the library (I didn't make a special trip, I promise! I have book club meetings, so I was there anyway). He met Mayte when she was 16 and he hired her as a backup dancer until she came of age. In the same year that he put Mayte on as backup dancer, he started messing with Carmen. In the 2-3 years he was supposedly waiting for Mayte to come of age, he was dating Carmen (as well as a few other women - it is Prince after all). Prince travels with 2 tour buses and he had Carmen on his bus with Mayte in the other bus with the band. He was the one who gave Carmen her name and tried to start a rap career for her during this time. There's definitely speculation that there was overlap in Prince's relationships with Carmen and Mayte with a few other women thrown in there at the same time.

Is Drea's fiancé a singer? I kept missing parts of the show and was trying to figure out his REAL interest in her? Very strange.

He's a singer if you call caterwauling singing.  R Kelly has nothing to worry about as far as which of Drea's husbands sings the best.  This guy as much as told Drea that his focus was his career and not any personal needs Drea might have like kids, life together, home life, etc.  More than once he mentioned "our" careers, which really means "his" career.  I guess the blame is on her for trying to see something there that wasn't. 

Me thinks Tony would've dropped Pretty Boy where he stood.

For real.  The way he slowly took off his cap was no joke.  Pretty Ricky (I like that name and I really can't remember his real one) made a point of walking to the OTHER side of the room to start his rant/tantrum.  How convenient for him.  

• Love 1

Okay, as far as Jessica goes, she's dead to me!!!  She reminds me so much of a former friend of mine, (notice I said former friend) who said basically the same thing Jessica is saying.  She thought all of the little black girls were jealous of her because the black guys wanted her and she can't be racist because she dates black guys, and so on and so forth.  The straw that broke this camel's back was when she told me that even though she sleeps with black men, if she were to get pregnant by one she would abort it because God didn't mean for the races to mix.  YES!  This bitch really said this to me.  So when I hear Jessica with her bullshit about the black girls hating on her and her black stud, it gives me flashbacks.  That ho needs to go.  I don't see how Nicole can still want to be friends with her.  I would have left after she said that she didn't see me as a black girl.  What needs to happen in my opinion is, let Shemika go all out hood on Jessica, and then kick her ass to the curb with her broken nose.  Buh-bye bitch!

• Love 2

Whoa, what a crazy episode.

If there was any proof that Jessica is at least a bigot, there you go.  I definitely didn't buy her story about being harassed while out with her Black boyfriend by Black women, it just seemed too neat a story.  Isn't L.A. a pretty diverse place, with lots of interracial dating going on?  Two of my cousins (one biracial like me, the other fully Black) both have white spouses.  I know three Black men from L.A. and the surrounding areas, they all have non-Black girlfriends/baby mamas.  My other good friend has a German fiance.  So IR dating is not as ghastly a sight as it would be in, say, Small-Population Parish, Louisiana. 

And let's not forget to mention how quickly she went from upset and apologetic to defiant and ready-to-run = guilt.  So yeah, Jessica...we don't believe you, you need more people.  I think Shanna is there as Jessica's replacement, quite frankly.  Not sure why Shanna decided to turn on Jessica though...to quicken the blow of Jessica being ousted?  Hmm.  And I still wonder what their text conversation could have been about for Jessica to say such things?

Those wedding cake samples Drea and Runteldat, I mean, Sheree (lol) looked divine.  Too bad Drea's "man" can't even act the part of a loving partner.  Their scenes together are almost painful to watch, he's so not into her.  That counseling sesh they had with Terrell and Sheree?  Yikes.  No genuine affection whatsoever.  And it looked like he went over what to tell his mother if Drea asked him about the whole kid thing!

Sheree's tattoo looked painful!  I liked her little tipsy alter ego though, funny stuff.

YUCK! at Mayte passing around her pissy pregnancy test stick thingy.  I find that so gross.

• Love 1

Yeah, Shamicka called it pretty accurately: Jessica seems to have a definite Mandingo fetish.  That's why all the "he's Black, he's Black...and did I mention that he's Black and HOT!" from the previous episode looked so skeevy.  There's no real respect or love there, she just wants these bronze and black specimens for sex because she doesn't think that they are evolved enough to give her anything else (perhaps money too).  It's really gross and also very sad.

I'm biracial and I had a very nasty aunt who once said to a neighbor, "I've got a black niece, I'm not a racist, I love my niece...can't stand her wench mother, but my niece is beautiful!"  My father sadly brushed it off, but my mother was naturally furious and I was furious for my mother.  So it always leaves a horrible taste in my mouth whenever I witness things like this as there is still LOTS of narrow-mindedness regarding race in this country (it shouldn't be a wonder though, considering America's history).  I also applaud Sheree for not being afraid of taking Jessica to task, since she was the only one with the guts to do (I'm looking at you, Nicole).

• Love 2

I like this show for the most part; the women are not screaming idiots and they seem to deal with one another relatively calmly.  Plus they are all so pretty!

It's hard to understand what they mean to accomplish by speaking with Jessica.  If you believe that she's racist, then stay away.  I don't know how you talk her into feeling differently.  I don't know why you'd want to try.  She's a silly, shallow woman who isn't worth the effort, if you ask me.

Knowing that Drea's marriage is doomed makes her scenes really cringeworthy.  But the man has not tried to fool her; he doesn't want children.  So why marry him if that's your goal?  Her motivations are a mystery.  But she seems alot happier and more relaxed this season, so the regular sex helped her disposition.  Not a total loss.

Sheree owned this episode. I like how she stopped Jessica from turning the racist texts around so that she was the victim. Total woe-is-me b.s. And I can't stand when people say "I'm the least racist person on the planet....I have lots of blacks friends..." (Ie. Brandi Glanville). You can know, like, and even date people of color but still say racist things. It's what you say and how you act that matters, not who you hang out with. Just look at Justin Beiber this week -- he apparently has a lot of black friends, but he was still caught saying ignorant, racist comments. Sheree was right to be mad, but she seemed genuine in wanting to dialogue with Jessica and teach her how hurtful her words were. But Jessica was too defensive and idiotic to deal, so she just bolted, like a coward.

• Love 4

Yeah, Shamicka called it pretty accurately: Jessica seems to have a definite Mandingo fetish.  That's why all the "he's Black, he's Black...and did I mention that he's Black and HOT!" from the previous episode looked so skeevy.  There's no real respect or love there, she just wants these bronze and black specimens for sex because she doesn't think that they are evolved enough to give her anything else (perhaps money too).  It's really gross and also very sad.

I'm biracial and I had a very nasty aunt who once said to a neighbor, "I've got a black niece, I'm not a racist, I love my niece...can't stand her wench mother, but my niece is beautiful!"  My father sadly brushed it off, but my mother was naturally furious and I was furious for my mother.  So it always leaves a horrible taste in my mouth whenever I witness things like this as there is still LOTS of narrow-mindedness regarding race in this country (it shouldn't be a wonder though, considering America's history).  I also applaud Sheree for not being afraid of taking Jessica to task, since she was the only one with the guts to do (I'm looking at you, Nicole).

Cosign! I also want to applaud Sheree. I see racist shit all the time but I used to feel really hesitant to say something only because you don't want to look like the Angry Black Woman that is playing the "race card". Also because it gets tiring always being The One to say something while everybody else picks lint out of their navel. It's actually really difficult to muster the courage to say something - although, that doesn't excuse Nicole for refusing to speak up considering that she is both the executive producer who brought Jessica on and the person with the longest friendship with Jessica.

• Love 2

I agree with all you guys. She's had plenty of time to reveal who she is, and I think the verdict is clear - she holds - and expresses - a lot of racist points of view. She needs to be educated, and good for Sheree for volunteering to do it, standing up to her, and not allowing her to continue with her turning the whole thing around so that SHE was the victim ("I like black girls....I wish I were a black girl....I just want to be included...!"). The comments she has said over the years are ignorant and hurtful, and she needs to learn this and wise up, or leave the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's hard to understand what they mean to accomplish by speaking with Jessica.  If you believe that she's racist, then stay away.  I don't know how you talk her into feeling differently.  I don't know why you'd want to try.  She's a silly, shallow woman who isn't worth the effort, if you ask me.

If they weren't paid to be around each other, I'm sure that Drea, Shemika, and Sheree would've stopped associating with Jessica. None of these 3 women were friends with Jessica prior to this show, so they have nothing to lose. However, Shemika and Sheree need the drama to make their Vh1 money since neither of them have storylines and Drea still has an axe to grind with Jessica from the last two seasons, so I see why Drea might want to twist the knife for the next couple episodes.

I side-eye Mayte and Nicole. Yes, they had friendships with Jessica before this show, but neither of them seemed too riled up about Jessica's racism. That's strange because, as Jessica's real friends, I would expect them to be the most hurt to find out that their white friend thinks this way about them. Also, there's something about these Mayte and Nicole that I can't quite put my finger on (so my point is not going to come out elegantly), but they seem to only identify as women of color when convenient, or at the very least, they seem to stray from any discussion of race. I remember Mayte back when she was with Prince and both she and Prince would downplay their respective Latino and Black sides and claim White and Arab ancestry to market themselves as multi-ethnic (both of Prince's parents are Black and both of Mayte's parents are Puerto Rican). Mayte seems to only mention being Puerto Rican when she's in an argument and wants to portray herself as hard. As a model, Nicole makes her money marketing herself as one of those "exotic" don't-know-what-race-you-are women, so it's not in her best interest to take sides on race debates. I'm not saying that they're not "Black enough" or "Latino enough"; I just see them putting effort into what Berry Gordy would call "crossover appeal" and that involves downplaying Black/Latino aspects of oneself that make White folks uncomfortable (such as discussing racism and calling out racists).

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 4
It's hard to understand what they mean to accomplish by speaking with Jessica.  If you believe that she's racist, then stay away.  I don't know how you talk her into feeling differently.  I don't know why you'd want to try.  She's a silly, shallow woman who isn't worth the effort, if you ask me..

I typically ignore bigots and otherwise ignorant people, as my sanity is important to me.  I can see wanting to have a dialogue with a colleague to educate them on their hurtful, ignorant behavior.  I was watching Oprah's Master Class featuring Maya Angelou the other day, and she made a really awesome point.  She essentially said that we are all human beings and have a responsibility to treat other human beings accordingly, even when it's easier said than done.  Jessica has proven herself to be a self-centered, inappropriate bigot, so she really doesn't deserve a dialogue.  But for women who spent time with her, befriended her, I could see why they'd want to make amends and talk their way through it.

I side-eye Mayte and Nicole. Yes, they had friendships with Jessica before this show, but neither of them seemed too riled up about Jessica's racism. That's strange because, as Jessica's real friends, I would expect them to be the most hurt to find out that their white friend thinks this way about them. Also, there's something about these Mayte and Nicole that I can't quite put my finger on (so my point is not going to come out elegantly), but they seem to only identify as women of color when convenient, or at the very least, they seem to stray from any discussion of race. I remember Mayte back when she was with Prince and both she and Prince would downplay their respective Latino and Black sides and claim White and Arab ancestry to market themselves as multi-ethnic (both of Prince's parents are Black and both of Mayte's parents are Puerto Rican). Mayte seems to only mention being Puerto Rican when she's in an argument and wants to portray herself as hard. As a model, Nicole makes her money marketing herself as one of those "exotic" don't-know-what-race-you-are women, so it's not in her best interest to take sides on race debates. I'm not saying that they're not "Black enough" or "Latino enough"; I just see them putting effort into what Berry Gordy would call "crossover appeal" and that involves downplaying Black/Latino aspects of oneself that make White folks uncomfortable (such as discussing racism and calling out racists).

Call 'em out!  Mayte and Nicole were way too passive in that scene.  When Jessica confirmed that she really doesn't think Black and White girls don't mix when she was leaving...Nicole and Mayte really gave me nothing except silent shock, and that's probably shock that Jessica actually said the words publicly.  Mayte may have distant African ancestry, if she has any at all, so I can kind of see where she feels she can't quite identify with this issue (although bigotry in any form should be condemned).  But for Nicole to let Sheree do all the talking?  Not cool.  It was very telling when Jessica told Nicole that she didn't see her as "Black" when she was confused as to why Nicole was so tanned.  I've had experiences like that where White folks are uncomfortable with and/or disregard your Blackness and will try to play up your "otherness".  As a youngster, I was happy to just fit in but now that I'm older, it's a definite red flag.  When that happens, you're not treating me as a human being, your trying to determine my worth through what's digestible for YOU.  Unacceptable.

• Love 3

Great point, Wimmin, about Mayte and Nicole not really saying anything to Jessica and for only acknowledging being black or Latina when it suits them. That's why I really admire Sheree and particularly how she spoke to Jessica on tonight's episode. She's just plain smart, and she knows what to say and how to address the b.s. Nicole and Mayte are pretty girls, but maybe a little dim? And like you addressed - presenting themselves as white or mixed race has probably benefitted them in their careers.

I'm a huge Prince fan, but man, is he weird! Why did he try to pass them off as part Arab? Pls. don't tell me it was because Mayte was a belly dancer?!!

• Love 1

And it looked like he went over what to tell his mother if Drea asked him about the whole kid thing!

I really don't understand why Drea felt she needed to pull her future mother-in-law into their baby decision.  It's not like she should have a say in that matter.  I really felt bad for her when she realized that the woman was singing the same tune as her son if not more vehemently.  I really, really felt bad for her when she tried to make Sheree and her husband believe that she changed her mind about wanting a baby because she saw a woman with two bad kids struggling on an airplane.  I agree that knowing how her situation plays out makes her scenes really hard to watch.  I can't help but feel sorry for her though.  It's just that she keeps setting herself up to be hurt it seems.  And the more I see Brian, the uglier he gets to me.  What's with that slicked down hair of his?  It looks all gelled down to be damned to holy hell. Blech!

• Love 1

Have to side eye Nicole and Mayte, for sitting there quiet as a church mouse.

So disappointed in you ladies.

Leaving Sheree, the only one that called her racist ass out.   

Shanna is suspect as hell to me now. Those texts never would've seen the light of day, had she not been mad at  ole girl.

All that "I wish I were a Black girl ... I'd fit in" is so much bullshit and further evidence of racism on her part.  Black women are a *thing*, a *category*, a place for her to go since whatever she is isn't acceptable in her world.  There is no way to be Black.  There is no "This is what Black girls are like so I'd fit in over here".  She's a fucking racist with a Mandingo complex (which the "hood rat" was immediately able to see).  The Black men she so covets are fetishes - they are penises, they are studs, they are animals in her mind.

And PLEASE.  It irks the shit out of me when women like her are all, "Black women don't like me because I date Black men."  BITCH, WHATEVER.  Ain't nobody studyin' you.  If those women were looking at you funny it's probably because you're the color of a Cheeto, have one collapsed nostril and your weave looks like Barbie hair.  Nobody cares about you riding that Black man.  Black women aren't so hard up that we spend our lives bewailing the loss of "our" men to women who look like you.  Trust.  No one gives a flying fuck.

• Love 5

Jessica's "I don't see you as Black" is a way of saying that in order for her to see Nicole as equal to herself and worthy of friendship, she has to ignore her Blackness.  I feel that way every time someone says "I don't see color".  Well, honey, you should get that checked out.  I don't want to be erased.  I don't want to have to not be Black in your eyes in order to be human.  That should have been an enormous red flag for Nicole.   She is biracial.  She has children with a Black man.  She's about to marry another.  Her family is primarily Black.  And she's in a friendship with a woman who thinks that makes Nicole's family "less than".

And Mayte is also suspect.  She's more upset about the treatment of animals than she is about the treatment of people.  That's something I can't abide.

• Love 5

I think Nicole undermined Sheree and her concerns about Jessica’s texts by giving Jessica a heads up that Sheree was planning to confront her about them.  There was no reason for Nicole to have done that.

• Love 2
(edited)

Knowing that Drea's marriage is doomed makes her scenes really cringeworthy.  But the man has not tried to fool her; he doesn't want children.  So why marry him if that's your goal?  Her motivations are a mystery.  But she seems alot happier and more relaxed this season, so the regular sex helped her disposition.  Not a total loss.

I like Drea, so I hate to suspect this about her, but it feels like this "marriage" is just for the show. She's not getting shit else out of it. It is also suspect that she told Sheree that her 3 bridesmaids are 3 of her castmates - only one of which she knew before filming this series. Contrast that with the very real wedding of Kandi on RHoA: Kandi has family and close friends as bridesmaids like a normal bride would. I've been hating on her Pretty Ricky fiance for being unloving and a general jerk, but quite honestly, this may just be an arrangement - Pretty Ricky gets exposure for his music career and Drea gets a storyline to make that VH1 paycheck. Without this, what other storyline would she have? She hasn't made moves on getting a studio in LA, her fights with Jessica are getting tiresome, and she's still protecting her child rapist ex-husband too much to discuss her current issues with him in depth.

ETA: So the episode is up on the website and I'm hella curious about the whole text message and not just the sentence. I need context! So with way too much time on my hands today, I paused the camera shot of Sheree's phone (when Drea was reading the texts) to see the whole text message. It reads...

"I'm very good and [at?] deflecting and nobody would suspect much since I like black guys...But I'm sorry black girls and white girls do not mesh!!! Bottom line"

next text...

"And the click [clique?] is so fake...Ugh"

Edited by WimminWinning

When they showed the segment of Mayte and Sheree at a restaurant, Sheree was looking at the menu and made some comment about most of the dishes having eggs in them and that she does not eat eggs.  In the very next shot, their order had arrived and Mayte’s plate had eggs on them.  A few weeks ago, Mayte went ballistic over others wearing/having fur at the brunch but she presumably eats eggs – that makes no sense.  Also, Mayte’s house/yard looks like a Motel 6.

• Love 1

I like Drea, so I hate to suspect this about her, but it feels like this "marriage" is just for the show. She's not getting shit else out of it. It is also suspect that she told Sheree that her 3 bridesmaids are 3 of her castmates - only one of which she knew before filming this series.

And last week she decided that the "perfect" venue for the wedding would be Nicole's house! Nicole not only being a cast mate, but the Exec. Producer of the show. Could they make it any more obvious?!

When they showed the segment of Mayte and Sheree at a restaurant, Sheree was looking at the menu and made some comment about most of the dishes having eggs in them and that she does not eat eggs.  In the very next shot, their order had arrived and Mayte’s plate had eggs on them.  A few weeks ago, Mayte went ballistic over others wearing/having fur at the brunch but she presumably eats eggs – that makes no sense. 

That's a great point. I hope someone brings it up next time Mayte goes off on one of her PETA speeches. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is Sheree vegan? Is that why she doesn't eat eggs?

I don't think Sheree is vegan. When the great veal war when down in season 1, Sheree was pro-veal. She must be allergic to eggs or something. That's not uncommon. Jessica and Andrea are the only vegans/vegetarians, but Shemika said that she cuts back on meat due to her illness.

A few weeks ago, Mayte went ballistic over others wearing/having fur at the brunch but she presumably eats eggs – that makes no sense.

In that veal war episode, Mayte shared that she was told by doctors that her fertility issues were related to her vegan diet, so that is why she eats meat. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she eats free range, cruelty-free animal products. I absolutely despise PETA (so you promote animal welfare by objectifying women?), but some animal advocates aren't against the consumption of animals, they are just against the cruel way animals are often treated in meat and fur industries. Again, I'll give Mayte the benefit of the doubt and assume that she is one of those types of animal advocates.

(edited)

ETA: So the episode is up on the website and I'm hella curious about the whole text message and not just the sentence. I need context! So with way too much time on my hands today, I paused the camera shot of Sheree's phone (when Drea was reading the texts) to see the whole text message. It reads...

"I'm very good and [at?] deflecting and nobody would suspect much since I like black guys...But I'm sorry black girls and white girls do not mesh!!! Bottom line"

next text...

"And the click [clique?] is so fake...Ugh"

I didn't particularly care for Jessica before this entire incident.  I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt that her racially-charged comments were just borne of ignorance and perhaps she had no idea how offensive those comments were.

I've revoked her "Benefit of the Doubt" card after hearing those texts.

What a stealthy racist bitch.  I hope VH1 boots her after this season and that she never graces my television screen again.  

(ETA:  I burst into a fit of giggles when Drea said, "So she can have black penis but she can't have black girlfriends???"  Absolutely hilarious moment, thanks for that, Drea!)

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

I think that Nicole and Mayte were both disturbed by what Jessica spewed- it's just that Sheree was the mouthpiece. A very effective mouthpiece, at that. She has a way with words, that's for sure! I also don't buy what Jessica was saying, by way of explanation, for one second. All these supposed black women were making remarks about her being with a black guy?? Come on. I lived in LA for eight years. Who gives a shit!? I mean, were they maybe hanging out in I dont know, Compton??

• Love 2
And last week she decided that the "perfect" venue for the wedding would be Nicole's house! Nicole not only being a cast mate, but the Exec. Producer of the show. Could they make it any more obvious?!

It was great when Drea had her little tantrum at her birthday party and she told the girls that none of them should show up to wedding, Nicole said something like, "bitch, it's at my house. I'll be there."  That just made me laugh so hard.

• Love 2

And PLEASE.  It irks the shit out of me when women like her are all, "Black women don't like me because I date Black men."  BITCH, WHATEVER.  Ain't nobody studyin' you.  If those women were looking at you funny it's probably because you're the color of a Cheeto, have one collapsed nostril and your weave looks like Barbie hair.  Nobody cares about you riding that Black man.  Black women aren't so hard up that we spend our lives bewailing the loss of "our" men to women who look like you.  Trust.  No one gives a flying fuck.

That was quite a story she pulled out of her racist ass, wasn't it?  I actually laughed at her ludicrous bullshit...Poor long-suffering Jessica, just trying to get her sex on with a black dude and black women everywhere she goes antagonizing her and hating on her. I think she was even trying to squeeze out a tear like it was her goddamned job.  OMFG.... *eye roll*

I used to write Jessica off as just being a flat-out ignorant clam but, after seeing those texts and her statement about being able to "deflect" and "no one would suspect...," I think the bitch is just straight up racist and those comments I wrote off to total ignorance are in fact a reflection of her true feelings. 

Yeah, Jessica, black and white girls don't mix when one of the girls is a straight-up racist, as you have now revealed yourself to be.  

I hope she gets her bony ass off of my TV after this season and never returns.  

• Love 2

I'm annoyed that Shanna seems to have dropped out of the situation altogether. If she felt that Jessica's texts were offensive, then why wasn't she at the sit down as well? Why is it only on the women of color to call out the racism?

Of course, that would be presuming that Shanna actually cares and wasn't just using Jessica's texts as a way to oust Jessica and ingratiate herself with the other ladies.

I like Drea, so I hate to suspect this about her, but it feels like this "marriage" is just for the show. She's not getting shit else out of it. It is also suspect that she told Sheree that her 3 bridesmaids are 3 of her castmates - only one of which she knew before filming this series. Contrast that with the very real wedding of Kandi on RHoA: Kandi has family and close friends as bridesmaids like a normal bride would. I've been hating on her Pretty Ricky fiance for being unloving and a general jerk, but quite honestly, this may just be an arrangement - Pretty Ricky gets exposure for his music career and Drea gets a storyline to make that VH1 paycheck. Without this, what other storyline would she have? She hasn't made moves on getting a studio in LA, her fights with Jessica are getting tiresome, and she's still protecting her child rapist ex-husband too much to discuss her current issues with him in depth.

Couple this with the fact that supposedly, the marriage certificate has a 2013 date, but the actual wedding happened at Nicole's house this year? Yeah, okay. I know some people do a courthouse wedding and then a big she-bang later on, but I feel like Drea and her man did this for a storyline, not because they loved each other.

• Love 1

For the life of me I can't understand why Nicole still wants to be friends with Jessica.  Even if she doesn't really mean the shit that spews from her mouth, why does she keep saying it every time she feels cornered?  I don't think she is sorry at all and meant every vile thing she said.  And why all of a sudden is she only mad at Drea and Tomeka?  As Tomeka said, she's done absolutely nothing to Jessica.  And I thought she and Drea had become friends.  I think they should kick her off the show because at this point, Nicole is the only one who will film with her. 

Okay, so Mayte is trying to have a baby and has stopped taking birth control with a man who doesn't even live in the same state as she does?!  And now, he seems to be trying to distance himself emotionally as well as physically from her?  Great environment to bring a new baby into Mayte.  smdh

• Love 2

Damn, all it took was 1 glass of whiskey for ReRe to come out? That is a seriously low tolerance level. It's good that Sheree is a fun drunk, but she does become a bit of a bitch to staff. I was surprised by that. What's funny is that Sheree wasn't faking drunk for the cameras, she had the true drunk face both this time and when getting the tattoo. And it only took 3 seasons for her to finally let down her guard!

• Love 1

It's good that Sheree is a fun drunk, but she does become a bit of a bitch to staff.

You're right--I totally hated how she was hollering for Hiram (ugh, he was so fine).  But I'll give her a pass since she was pretty sloshed, poor thing.  She really did look like Raggedy Ann leaned over that toilet!  Moving on...

Jessica isn't here for any Black chick, period.  Nicole has a White mom, and has a very racially ambiguous look so she's okay hence the "I don't see you as Black" comment.  I guess she felt the same about Sheree...when she's not taking Jessica to task, that is.

Drea is clearly African-American so that's a yellow or red light, depending on the day.  I couldn't see what the issue with Shamicka could be; I actually thought they got along.  But my theory is that Jessica equates Shamicka's ethnic name with being "ghetto".  I mean, they all were scoffing at her name before they met her, even Drea.  Then they find out that she's sensitive, sweet divorced mom who doesn't drink and doesn't like to swear--completely defying stereotype.  I think Jessica didn't know how to see her ("you mean you don't even drink?!").  In my experience, bigots who want to stereotype you but can't, go crazy from not being in control of classifying you.  You don't fit into their little box and instead of becoming more open-minded and enlightened from the experience, they get angry.  No, there is no way that _______ is decent/hard-working/educated/conservative, it's not possible!  You are what they BELIEVE you are, anything else is a put-on (Jessica's "She tries to be so prissy behind her ghettoness" comment).  LOL, wut?  What does that even mean?  This is why bigotry should be given a DSM classification because there is no way that type of illogical thinking is not characteristic of a mental disorder.

What does Shamicka's prissy behavior have to do with you originally saying that Black women were harrassing you when you were out with your guy one night?  I thought your texts to Shanna were just "vents" from that situation?  Now you're saying that Drea and Shamicka calling Austin immature is part, if not the whole problem?  Seriously?  And even then, what does Shamicka's "hoodrat" status have to do with ANY of this?  Is she a threat to your health and your well-being?  Is your relationship in trouble because of this?  You don't like/agree with two Black women, and now Black and White girls as a whole don't mesh?  LOL  #byefelicia

Ridiculous Friendtervention Pt. II was ridiculous.  Jessica looked like Linda Blair in that chair with Sheree standing over her ("I DID MEAN WHAT I SAID!" *growl*).  The difference here is that not even the power of Christ could compel Jessica to see the error of her ways.  I personally don't have any time for a bigot.  I would have cut the electricity clean off the first time they sat with her in that cafe, no repeats.  Then you have Sheree getting emotional and trying to explain her perspective, Mayte manhandling her, Nicole feigning shock...for what?  I would never give a person like that my time or energy, never, no way.  "Let me leave before I say something really bad!"  Let that woman ride off into the sunset on her Black stallion, oops I mean, boyfriend.  Good fucking riddance.

I suspect Drea arrived a day after because she wanted confirmation that Jessica was not going to be there.  I cannot say that I blame her.  #notimeforbigots

• Love 9

Drea, you(r relationship) in danger, girl.

Bwah!

I'd like to know if she actually spent money on him, since he has a track record of siphoning money out of women.  Or maybe his screentime was his payment?

Jessica is who she is - a straight-up racist bigot. And she kept confirming it with every utterance in the so-called intervention. So why did they fight (literally) to keep her there and talk? Because for some reason, they (or maybe just Nicole as exec. producer) want and like her as a cast member on this show . In real life, none of these ladies would give an idiot of this order the time of day, let alone not one but two attempts to allow her to apologize.

The kicker for me was when Sheree tried to tell her about her experiences with racism, and Jessica said "I don't care." Sheree seemed to give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't mean that, so she repeated her intro, and Jessica again said she didn't care. Bitch, bye. Life is too short to waste time on this kind of human being.

• Love 2

Sheree is better than me. I would have been more like Drea...I don't have time to educate folks who bask in their own ignorance. Jessica says she doesn't care and she means it. If she is a cast member next season, much as I love Shamicka, Drea, and Sheree, I will not watch.

I feel some kind of way that Mayte is trying to force Humberto to be a dad to Gia. He is not her dad and most mothers with a child Gia's age would wait for quite some time before introducing a new boyfriend. It's possible he could become a father figure in the future, but he's not in that mindset yet and that's okay. Mayte is trying to force something to fit that just doesn't fit. Plus, I believe that women and men need to be very careful about who they introduce to their kids. Not everyone is fit to be a step-parent.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sheree is better than me. I would have been more like Drea...I don't have time to educate folks who bask in their own ignorance. Jessica says she doesn't care and she means it. If she is a cast member next season, much as I love Shamicka, Drea, and Sheree, I will not watch.

I feel some kind of way that Mayte is trying to force Humberto to be a dad to Gia. He is not her dad and most mothers with a child Gia's age would wait for quite some time before introducing a new boyfriend. It's possible he could become a father figure in the future, but he's not in that mindset yet and that's okay. Mayte is trying to force something to fit that just doesn't fit. Plus, I believe that women and men need to be very careful about who they introduce to their kids. Not everyone is fit to be a step-parent.

Mayte seems to want to rush into doing everything.  She rushed into the adoption and now she's trying to rush Humberto into not only being a dad to Gia, but she's trying to get pregnant.  I wonder if she's even discussed having another baby with him.  I can't see that happening when he seems to be cooling off from her and having doubts.  He might sense Mayte's bad temper and unwillingness to compromise or apologize for anything she does or says.  Even though I loathe Jessica, I was uncomfortable with the way Mayte was manhandling her.  Mayte seems to not know boundaries.  She really needs to work on that.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2