Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: There's a Snitch Among Us

• Start Topic

1) Procter is using a nice little "divide and conquer" strategy. He gives up dirt on Angela, and then tells James he has to flip on Angela because Angela would do the same to him to save herself.

2) Tariq... "Teach me the mother%^&*ing game, Ghost"?????

Those couple seconds before James says "I'd rather kill you than...", he seemed like he was actually considering it. I thought this whole Kanan experience would have humbled Tariq a little bit, but apparently, I thought wrong.

3) SURPRISE! Angela gets caught by surprise at the end. They have labelled her "consigliere" but she just knows about the stuff she's directly involved in. She can't give them much about their (or rather Tommy's) drug business (connects, distros, street peddlers, etc) if that's what they're looking for. She knows Tommy is the distro and that's it.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1

This episode was whoa. Tommy, my Tommy. He is a good actor. 

The way James looked when Proctor left was sinister! I’m so glad Proctor told him he was wired. 

I can’t stand Tariq. Got all that and wants to be a thug. Dumb kid.

I am so glad James is finally calling shots with Tate. I couldn’t take him being submissive. 

Now Dre and calling the cops on Cristobal? This is going to be interesting because I don’t see how this connects. Can someone explain the arrest?

• Love 4

Is Omari Hardwick that short or is Michael Rainey Jr. that tall already?

"Are you high? On crack cocaine?" That should be the theme of this series and every single character should say it at least once to Angela.

Lol, the closed captioning translated "coño" as "man." Yeah, no. They cleaned that up a bit.

Aw, kind of a sad way for Cristobal to go out. Hope Matt Cedeño lands on another series soon.

Dang, Teresi don't play. At least he didn't sell out Tommy after all. But forcing Tommy to take him out was some Shakespearean ish.

Wait, what? They think Angela put a hit on Teresi? Geez, talk about unintended consequences. Vincent probably didn't think getting rid of Teresi would blow back like that. Theoretically Angela could take them all down once the dominoes start falling.

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wait, what? They think Angela put a hit on Teresi? Geez, talk about unintended consequences. Vincent probably didn't think getting rid of Teresi would blow back like that. Theoretically Angela could take them all down once the dominoes start falling.

I thought they thought Angela did exactly what she did ... leaked the CI to the criminal organization they are after, Ghost and Tommy. And I'm not buying that she thought Ghost would just "talk" to Teresi or nicely ask him to leave town. Angela can't be that stupid to think Ghost wasn't going to try and handle Teresi permanently.

• Love 3

She's pretty dumb to have confronted the other ADA (Mak) directly about the name of the informant.  She had the pictures, which no one knew she had access to.  All she had to do was show them to Jamie or Tommy and left it at that for them to either figure out who it is or do what they do if they knew who it was.  By asking for confirmation on the name, she gave them a reason to link her directly to his murder.  I did love her, "Oh, so you didn't protect your CI?!?" and Sax's, "Stop trying to change the subject, bitch!  We got your ass!"

you-big-dummy.gif

Edited by luckyroll3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I thought they thought Angela did exactly what she did ... leaked the CI to the criminal organization they are after, Ghost and Tommy.

Okay, so she didn't expressly put a hit on him but giving his name to the very people he was ratting on was going to accomplish it anyway and they all knew it. Otherwise why even bring up his name to her? They can't prove she knew about him or had any reason to care about him except by virtue of his death benefiting her and the criminals they think she works for. It's her word against Mak's unless he recorded the conversation.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, AntFTW said:

2) Tariq... "Teach me the mother%^&*ing game, Ghost"?????

Those couple seconds before James says "I'd rather kill you than...", he seemed like he was actually considering it. I thought this whole Kanan experience would have humbled Tariq a little bit, but apparently, I thought wrong.

Tariq needs to get bitched slapped. Why is he so eager to be a drug dealer?!! Does he have a death wish?

Tommy and his Mom have huge boundary problems. I’m not against physical affection between opposite sex adult family members, but she didn’t even cover herself (while wearing a nightie) when he walked in. All the adult men I know wouldn’t enter their Mom or sisters bedroom without confirming they are decent first. Again, it’s not the hug or the embrace it was the creepy whispering. Keisha isn’t interested in being in this life omg she’s only going to get hurt. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 2

Tariq needs to get bitched slapped. Why is he so eager to be a drug dealer?!! Does he have a death wish?

He reminds me of Lauren London's character in ATL. She had all this privilege, yet she wanted to be in the streets. I'm paraphrasing, but her classmate told her that she had a Picasso in her house. "You can take the pissy elevator, I'll take the Picasso." 

Tariq is a dumbass. All of this to get back at his father? I thought seeing the cops get clipped would've scared him straight. He came thisclose to being killed, and nothing.

Speaking of foolish, Keisha is another one. "You never killed anybody, right?" Girl, Ghost and Tommy are major drug traffickers. This is not the type of business where you make deals on the golf course or sit down, have a beer, and discuss issues. Tommy isn't selling dime bags on the corner. Of course, he's handy with the steel!

Keisha was never about that life. She has no problems being a moll, but when it comes on to actually putting in work, she balks. I don't blame her for valuing her freedom, but you always have to sit on ready when you're dealing with criminals.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, MV713 said:

I did not understand how they "got" Alicia and arrested her based on what?  Having sex with someone?  Where is the connection.

No they arrested her based on Dre’s testimony- they needed to know where she was (which Cristobal told Dre). Dre is to testify against her and go into Witness Protection. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

She's pretty dumb to have confronted the other ADA (Mak) directly about the name of the informant.  She had the pictures, which no one knew she had access to.  All she had to do was show them to Jamie or Tommy and left it at that for them to either figure out who it is or do what they do if they knew who it was.  By asking for confirmation on the name, she gave them a reason to link her directly to his murder.  I did love her, "Oh, so you didn't protect your CI?!?" and Sax's, "Stop trying to change the subject, bitch!  We got your ass!"

you-big-dummy.gif

I was saying the EXACT same thing to my wife. She did NOT have to ask Mak for the name of his CI. I think it's poor writing on the part of the TPTB. Angela's USUALLY pretty smart, and too clever to just ask the question.

We'll see where this leads.

Edited by Sycophant4Lease
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2018 at 5:42 PM, Sheenieb said:

He reminds me of Lauren London's character in ATL. She had all this privilege, yet she wanted to be in the streets. I'm paraphrasing, but her classmate told her that she had a Picasso in her house. "You can take the pissy elevator, I'll take the Picasso." 

Tariq is a dumbass. All of this to get back at his father? I thought seeing the cops get clipped would've scared him straight. He came thisclose to being killed, and nothing.

Speaking of foolish, Keisha is another one. "You never killed anybody, right?" Girl, Ghost and Tommy are major drug traffickers. This is not the type of business where you make deals on the golf course or sit down, have a beer, and discuss issues. Tommy isn't selling dime bags on the corner. Of course, he's handy with the steel!

Keisha was never about that life. She has no problems being a moll, but when it comes on to actually putting in work, she balks. I don't blame her for valuing her freedom, but you always have to sit on ready when you're dealing with criminals.

It's like The Wire, when Wee-Bey tells DeLonda, essentially, "Why would someone with options choose this life?" He's telling her this FROM PRISON, where he'll be for the rest of his life, and DeLonda still wants their son in the life. Tariq is ridiculous. He's really about to get himself killed over daddy issues, and it'll be his own fault.

I was like, "Keisha, girl. Come on" when she asked whether Tommy had killed anyone. She's been to Tasha's penthouse and Tommy's loft. You think they got all that WITHOUT eliminating some of the competition? Really? Girl. She needs new friends.

Bye, Teresi. That was Shakespearean, son killing father. I was reminded of Sons of Anarchy when Jax killed his mother when he found out she'd killed his wife (who was another fool - got herself up out of the life, became a SURGEON, and went right back to it and it did get her killed).

Is anyone else creeped out by the vibes between Tommy and his mother?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Since season 1!  Especially when he started dating Holly (good riddance) and everyone was like, "Yeah, tall redhead who looks like his mother?  Definitely his type."

• Love 4
6 hours ago, MV713 said:

I did not understand how they "got" Alicia and arrested her based on what?  Having sex with someone?  Where is the connection.

My assumption is that they’re still going to charger her with drug trafficking, murder and whatever else they would have charged her with before Agent Tampio (I think that’s his name) intervened.

I think Alicia failed to understand the balance her brother provided. 

I may have too little information about the Jimenez to even make this conclusion but it seems like her brother was the chaotic one; the outwardly reckless one, much like Ghost and Tommy. Alicia was the strategic one and Diego was the one that kept everyone in line because people were afraid of him. Without Diego, will people actually fear Alicia?

Edited by AntFTW

Bye, Teresi. That was Shakespearean, son killing father. I was reminded of Sons of Anarchy when Jax killed his mother when he found out she'd killed his wife (who was another fool - got herself up out of the life, became a SURGEON, and went right back to it and it did get her killed).

Ugh, yes. Tara going back into that mess never rang true for me. Jax was fine AF, and the sex was bomb, but that is NO excuse for throwing your future away.

Definitely creeped out with Tommy and his mom. That's some extreme mama's boy, Oedipus shit.  You know she's one of those "no woman is good enough for my son," types.

59 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Ugh, yes. Tara going back into that mess never rang true for me. Jax was fine AF, and the sex was bomb, but that is NO excuse for throwing your future away.

Definitely creeped out with Tommy and his mom. That's some extreme mama's boy, Oedipus shit.  You know she's one of those "no woman is good enough for my son," types.

I mean, we all saw Charlie Hunnam's ass, but Tara was supposed to be smart.

I think Tommy and his mom kiss on the mouth, and when he crawled in bed with her and she was wearing lingerie I was thinking " ... Ew."

On 9/4/2018 at 4:59 PM, Empress1 said:

Yup. They have major boundary problems. 

23 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I think Tommy and his mom kiss on the mouth, and when he crawled in bed with her and she was wearing lingerie I was thinking " ... Ew."

Yes. What adult man enters a female relatives bedroom without asking if she’s decent? What mom/sister/aunt wouldn’t cover herself (while wearing a low cut nightie) if an adult male relative wanted to chat?

It wasn’t the embrace- non sexual affection is something adult men rarely get, and of course he was upset but she was whispering in his ear in such a creepy way!