Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Getting the DCC Look

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

yet she never mentions the burden of VK and her not brushing her hair or being soft and getting softer&therefore ignoring what she was told at auditions, or interrupting all the time

Being loud and outgoing is not the same as having personality. you can be quiet and shy and still have a gret and interesting personality.  being loud is just being loud

Respectfully, these are things that have been mentioned for the first time on the show. There is a difference between feedback for improvement and scolding for being irresponsible.

VK and DB are equally soft. No one has said a word about DBs belly overhang while learning the combination on the field or her stomach sticking out when Marshall was evaluating her hair, but VK has been torn up for her appearance. That's really not fair. 

I don't particularly care for either girl, but at least VK has pop and excitement and is interesting, like her or not. Dayton has a flat affect and the personality of a cardboard box. For being in her early 20s, she acts  very young for her age. She's not getting screen time because she's boring. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Respectfully, these are things that have been mentioned for the first time on the show. There is a difference between feedback for improvement and scolding for being irresponsible.

VK and DB are equally soft. No one has said a word about DBs belly overhang while learning the combination on the field or her stomach sticking out when Marshall was evaluating her hair, but VK has been torn up for her appearance. That's really not fair. 

I don't particularly care for either girl, but at least VK has pop and excitement and is interesting, like her or not. Dayton has a flat affect and the personality of a cardboard box. For being in her early 20s, she acts  very young for her age. She's not getting screen time because she's boring. 

But was Dayton warned about it during auditions? has Dayton been told to improve that aspect of her physical appearance and failed to do so? you failed to note other TCC who had the same roundess to their abdomen when being examined by marshall, including Kristin and another I can't remember the name of as many of the blondes blur into one. any other girl would not have had Kelli trying not to cry just because VK felt she was disappointed in her. Dayton is getting ALL the 'being a legacy won't get you ont he team' while VK gets none of it despite having feedback about softness multiple times that would have been a severe warning to any other vet or TCC. thats blatant favouritism in my eyes.

vlcsnap-2018-09-03-15h44m49s579.thumb.png.a4c9369e157541012403f39d35252434.png

• Love 2
On 8/30/2018 at 10:37 PM, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

Haha haha - American Sign Language Translation for the Bible Organization is my favorite quote ever from TV and I will use it often from now on. Oh Kristin. Her bags under her eyes have their own luggage! So do Daphne's, but at least she is on-time! 

Victoria does have a soft tummy and will need intervention. Looking forward to Jay's smackdown next week.

I was trying to figure out why Rachel Wyatt bugged me so much when she was so objectively lovely and now I know - she has dead eyes and a small mouth. She reminds me of the asian character from Pitch Perfect who would mumble to the group. Grow a backbone!

I still don't love Jalyn's hair, but her dancing seems great! 

Dayton - Still not sure, but not knowing the dancing and being late to make-overs = nail in coffin!

Hold up.  I thought Kristin said her job was as a bilingual ASL translator??? 

@CaseyRe <intention is not to argue> Was VK told at auditions or was it a judges note at auditions? I haven't rewatched, but I took it to mean that it was a judges note and Kelli was bringing it to VKs attention during her office visit. This is the first time VKs appearance is being addressed with her so we don't know how it plays out over the rest of camp. 

I'm not talking about the other TCCs, rather the comparison between VK and DB.

• Love 1

I’m not going to get into the VK vs Dayton fair editing debate, but one observation:

When Kelli brought VK into the office for feedback, Kelli was very careful with her words. Instead of saying VK might be cut, she said something along the lines of “maybe auditioning again and making it the following year.”  I don’t know the exact quote but that particular choice of language stood out to me. She doesn’t say the word “cut.”

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Stee said:

I’m not going to get into the VK vs Dayton fair editing debate, but one observation:

When Kelli brought VK into the office for feedback, Kelli was very careful with her words. Instead of saying VK might be cut, she said something along the lines of “maybe auditioning again and making it the following year.”  I don’t know the exact quote but that particular choice of language stood out to me. She doesn’t say the word “cut.”

I've never seen kelli tapdance so hard around the fact that nine girls have to get cut, it was ridiculous sugar-coating.  frankly anyone else would get the word 'cut' but VK got 'potential' 'not top 36 at this moment' 'nine people to maybe audition next year or the next year'. I don't know if Kelli was trying to subtly say 'you're one of the ggirls that needs more time, you're going to get cut' or what but it was just painful to watch her try to find any other words than cut when I've never seen her be so passive about just saying it.

28 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

@CaseyRe <intention is not to argue> Was VK told at auditions or was it a judges note at auditions? I haven't rewatched, but I took it to mean that it was a judges note and Kelli was bringing it to VKs attention during her office visit. This is the first time VKs appearance is being addressed with her so we don't know how it plays out over the rest of camp. 

I'm not talking about the other TCCs, rather the comparison between VK and DB.

Personally, and obv this is just my opinion, but give the closeness of TK and Kelli, I highly doubt there's much from the judging that hasn't trickled back to VK especially with the speed with which she agreed 'yes' to the fact the judges had noted her softness. that didn't, to me, sound like a girl hearing that for the first time

• Love 4

I figured out who Victoria’s behavior reminds me of- the girl who got a spray tan before photos ignoring the email they had sent telling her not to tan. She wasn’t as loud but she seemed equally unprofessional. She was much prettier too.

was her name Kaitlin? 

5 hours ago, Stee said:

You think that approach is why Judy said it was like pulling one tooth at a time? I didn’t understand that expression. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I figured out who Victoria’s behavior reminds me of- the girl who got a spray tan before photos ignoring the email they had sent telling her not to tan. She wasn’t as loud but she seemed equally unprofessional. She was much prettier too.

was her name Kaitlin? 

Kaitlyn LaRae

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 1.51.58 PM.png

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, rose711 said:

was her name Kaitlin? 

You think that approach is why Judy said it was like pulling one tooth at a time? I didn’t understand that expression. 

well the expression 'like pulling teeth' means something was time consuming and ardous, often boring. saying 'like pulling one tooth at a time' is kind of nonsensical in that theres no other way tp pull teeth but one at a time.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, rose711 said:

To me too loud is as bad as too timid or quiet, which they have cut girls for. Either extreme is not beneficial to the team, the girls need to be within the same range to look like a team when performing.

Too loud also seems immature and unprofessional in this job context.

First of all I was talking about personality wise not performing , tho Have a group of girls who look and act the same is boring . DCC is not a desk job it's Performance & Entertainment Job having Personality is definite plus.   

• Love 1

It Took me a while to watch the Episode, I don't know bec it was boring or bec it was cringy. 

But am I the only one who was kinda offended by the part where Marshall and the other hair stylist were talking about the girls before rehearsal. They were literally talking about the girls like they are not even there right in front of their faces.  They could've at least pretended to ask they girls their opinion. I think this whole thing of DCC being in charge of the girls looks and them not have any control about who they look is outdated idea and kinda Creepy!! I am always werided out when Vets talk about asking permission if they can cut their hair or change it in any way. 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Gemini12 said:

Hold up.  I thought Kristin said her job was as a bilingual ASL translator??? 

I just watched it again she says “ My job right now currently I’m working at the sign language Bible translation organization.”

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mmm said:

It Took me a while to watch the Episode, I don't know bec it was boring or bec it was cringy. 

But am I the only one who was kinda offended by the part where Marshall and the other hair stylist were talking about the girls before rehearsal. They were literally talking about the girls like they are not even there right in front of their faces.  They could've at least pretended to ask they girls their opinion. I think this whole thing of DCC being in charge of the girls looks and them not have any control about who they look is outdated idea and kinda Creepy!! I am always werided out when Vets talk about asking permission if they can cut their hair or change it in any way. 

I didn't find it that weird because my own stylist and colourist tend to do exactly the same thing with me, they stand behind me and discuss and then ask my opinion once they have come to some form of agreement as to what is best with skin tone in combination with what I've asked for but often its kind of after-thoughty though I wouldn't allow it if I didn't trust them, besides asking the girls if they like the idea isn't great tv, it eats time that could go to something else, and it's not like they're not going to be explaining it all over tot he girls at the actual salon anyway.  I don't get why they did the 'Marshall coming to the Star' thing. have they done Marshall discussing the looks before the salon before? I thought it was weird. before it's always been a rundown at the salonl  if they were actors it'd be little different  - a lot of them will have it in their contracts that during the shooting season they cannot change or colour their hair (or indeed any part of visible appearance such as tattoos) outside of what the agreed look for their character is and face fines/being fird if they do it anyway. then during hiatus they do what they want and then fix it again back int ime to start filming again.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 1

I bet Marshall's on camera visit had something to do with the opening of the branch of their salon at the Star in Frisco.     I think Marshall works most of the time at another branch, but I'm sure having him there with the other stylist was connected to the opening of the salon for extra publicity which I'm sure is part of the deal with DCC in return for all of the free services.   Of course, as others said I'm sure they've always done the in studio consultations, and then the day of the makeovers Kelli and Marshall were discussing what they already agreed on for the ladies.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I didn't find it that weird because my own stylist and colourist tend to do exactly the same thing with me, they stand behind me and discuss and then ask my opinion once they have come to some form of agreement as to what is best with skin tone in combination with what I've asked for but often its kind of after-thoughty though I wouldn't allow it if I didn't trust them, besides asking the girls if they like the idea isn't great tv, it eats time that could go to something else, and it's not like they're not going to be explaining it all over tot he girls at the actual salon anyway.  I don't get why they did the 'Marshall coming to the Star' thing. have they done Marshall discussing the looks before the salon before? I thought it was weird. before it's always been a rundown at the salonl  if they were actors it'd be little different  - a lot of them will have it in their contracts that during the shooting season they cannot change or colour their hair (or indeed any part of visible appearance such as tattoos) outside of what the agreed look for their character is and face fines/being fird if they do it anyway. then during hiatus they do what they want and then fix it again back int ime to start filming again.

In a way, it kind of makes sense to have Marshall and company to come see them at rehearsal a couple of days in advance so they can start planning what to do with each girl and don't have to decide right there on the spot.  While some of the best looks come from those on-the-spot change-ups, we also got some of the worst looks and more of the worst then the best.

I didn't know about another location opening up in Frisco.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet Marshall's visit had something to do with the opening of the branch of their salon at the Star in Frisco.     I think Marshall works most of the time at another branch, but I'm sure having him there with the other stylist was connected to the opening of the salon, which also featured a bunch of the cheerleaders. 

In several other seasons, the stylist has come in to watch them right before their actual make-over.  They usually sit next to Kelly and discuss while the girls are dancing.  This is the first time they've shown a one-on-one session after practice, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened ever other year...

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

HARD PASS on this hair color.

Sorry, what hair color, too busy looking at whatever Marshall has going on with those wings and braids, God Love His Heart.

Actually I do almost like that red. Looks better than the burgundy she came in with. 

• Love 10
On 9/1/2018 at 12:29 PM, Loves2Dance said:

We know from the spoiler thread that something happened last season but we don't know exactly what. I doubt it'll ever be addressed, but Heather O is in the doghouse for leadership.

Ohhh...interesting. 

• Love 1

I wonder how Kaitlyn LaRae ever made the team.  I'm guessing it was because of her looks because she sure seemed to be hurting in the intelligence department and she wasn't the strongest dancer either.  Frankly, she should have been let go because of the tanning incident and how she didn't seem to think it was a big deal when they brought it to her attention.  I suspect there were other instances where she didn't pay attention to at least part, if not all, of what she was told to do, whether it was in person or via phone call/email.  If this was the first time it happened, not as big a deal, but if it was happening more often (especially in Training Camp), she should have been cut.  Good thing she left when she did and too bad it wasn't sooner.  If she had made it to the end of the year and tried to re-audition, she would have been cut.  If she left/was cut and tried to come back, I doubt she would have made finals, much less semis.

I don't think they have anyone that clueless/stupid this year.  Victoria MIGHT come close in certain areas, but not like Kaitlyn LaRae was.  At least most everyone this year is gorgeous, talented AND have something between their ears besides air or cotton balls.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Sorry, what hair color, too busy looking at whatever Marshall has going on with those wings and braids, God Love His Heart.

He's a viking elf princess. Which is...a lot of look.

• Love 13

--I think Jaylyns hair ended up too red.  But she is a showstopper dancing and I agree with a comment earlier that she is the New Holly (hopefully minus the fraternizing with players aspect).  

Dayton's makeover should have included more wavy somethin somethin.  Her hair looked pretty but too flat for someone who needs help in the verve department.    But gag me at Kelli raving about how Victoria has 'iconic Texas hair'.   

--The whole D/V legacy struggle bus situation feels stressful to me as a viewer! I guess all involved knew what they were getting into when the daughters of alums who are also dear pals and or colleagues get invited to training camp.   But still, yikes.  It seemed like Judy could barely look at them during large chunks of the office scenes.    I just feel like both of these young women needed seasoning somewhere else, college, other dance teams, etc.   

--Kristin doesn't seem like a strong contender by any means- but I feel bad for any girl who is working FT and attempting this.   I was half expecting Malena to get razzed on this episode for not going to the alum critique because she had to work.   Then we have Victoria who can repair to the custom built "dance room" at her parents house to practice at her leisure.  

Edited by Rubyslippahz
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

--I think Jaylyns hair ended up too red.  But she is a showstopper dancing and I agree with a comment earlier that she is the New Holly (hopefully minus the fraternizing with players aspect).  

Dayton's makeover should have included more wavy somethin somethin.  Her hair looked pretty but too flat for someone who needs help in the verve department.    But gag me at Kelli raving about how Victoria has 'iconic Texas hair'.   

--The whole D/V legacy struggle bus situation feels stressful to me as a viewer! I guess all involved knew what they were getting into when the daughters of alums who are also dear pals and or colleagues get invited to training camp.   But still, yikes.  It seemed like Judy could barely look at them during large chunks of the office scenes.    I just feel like both of these young women needed seasoning somewhere else, college, other dance teams, etc.   

--Kristin doesn't seem like a strong contender by any means- but I feel bad for any girl who is working FT and attempting this.   I was half expecting Malena to get razzed on this episode for not going to the alum critique because she had to work.   Then we have Victoria who can repair to the custom built "dance room" at her parents house to practice at her leisure.  

I thought the dance room comment was included to make Victoria look like a spoiled girl. The contrast with the exhausted hard working Kristen was too close to ignore. I still think the editors are not giving Victoria a good edit. We saw her falling out of turns, worrying about her weight and two judges giving her maybes. 

• Love 6

I miss getting to see more of the comeback girls. I’d love to see more of how Erin has improved for example. I also still have no clue who some of the rookie candidates are. I know I’ve seen them, but I’ve already forgotten about them. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, rose711 said:

I thought the dance room comment was included to make Victoria look like a spoiled girl. The contrast with the exhausted hard working Kristen was too close to ignore. I still think the editors are not giving Victoria a good edit. We saw her falling out of turns, worrying about her weight and two judges giving her maybes. 

I didn't find it that unusual or meaning she was 'spoiled' but that might be just because I grew up around a lot of people with similar situations in their homes. generally a converted garage or frankly a glorified shed that had a wall of mirrors on one long side with a barre or the like, sometimes a spare room that's had a dance flooring laid down and again mirrors. it doesnt' have to be large or fancy or specially done, and most of the people that I grew up with were not well off, it wasn't a rich person thing, many of them were working class and it was something they saved for or paid for by cutting corners elsewhere. it's fairly easy to do and if you're serious about this being your career, it's not unusual. Holly P was shown dancing a lot in her family's garage that had clearly been converted for her to practice dance in.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jlc said:

Whatever happened to Kaitlyn? She was a hot mess! :)

She didn't finish out her rookie season.   I don't know if she was released or left on her own but she  did not receive a rookie pinky ring...I do know that.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

1. Same. I'm still not a fan. She may need to go the route of Kelsey and Stephanie and just switch it up every year until they figure out what they like. Just as long as she doesn't go blonde.

2. I agree. Something bigger would have looked soo nice on her.

4 hours ago, Preity said:

I miss getting to see more of the comeback girls. I’d love to see more of how Erin has improved for example. I also still have no clue who some of the rookie candidates are. I know I’ve seen them, but I’ve already forgotten about them. 

Because there are like 40 of them lol. Even if there were less, we still wouldn't get to know as many of them as we would like. It would just be too confusing of a story line for CMT to keep up with.

On another note..

I always wonder about makeovers for people like Brennan. She's been in TC for three years straight. What are they really changing that they haven't each year if she came in the way they made her over the previous years?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

I didn't find it that unusual or meaning she was 'spoiled' but that might be just because I grew up around a lot of people with similar situations in their homes. generally a converted garage or frankly a glorified shed that had a wall of mirrors on one long side with a barre or the like, sometimes a spare room that's had a dance flooring laid down and again mirrors. it doesnt' have to be large or fancy or specially done, and most of the people that I grew up with were not well off, it wasn't a rich person thing, many of them were working class and it was something they saved for or paid for by cutting corners elsewhere. it's fairly easy to do and if you're serious about this being your career, it's not unusual. Holly P was shown dancing a lot in her family's garage that had clearly been converted for her to practice dance in.

I meant the editors included that remark as a direct contrast to Kristen struggling with a full time job and driving while trying to make the team. I’m not saying just having a dance room or practice room means your spoiled.  The contrast between the two girls is a bit of a dig on Victoria. The editors have been showing lots of little moments where she is shown in a bad light. I’m not getting the sense they like her that much.

Just my view of course.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, jlc said:

Whatever happened to Kaitlyn? She was a hot mess! :)

She was a teenager when she made the team. She's since finished college and is pursuing a career in elementary education. She's also become quite accomplished at that kind of acro fitness that includes the pole, hoops, and silks. I don't know exactly what it's called.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

- Agree.  I was hoping they'd take at least 6-8 inches off Dayton's hair to give it bounce.  I think it could be iconic Texas hair if she lopped off some length and took a Dyson and a round brush to it.  Sidebar has anyone tried the Dyson dryer and is it fabulous.  I need to know. 

- Also agree on the struggle bus.  I don't WANT to see the uncomfortable scenes in the office.  I'm critical but for gosh sakes I have a heart.  Those college years between 18-22 are so important.  Get out from under your parent's roof, learn how to live on your own and be responsible for yourself and THEN audition.  Both girls are just so young and I think that is part of where Kelli and Judy are having difficulty.  I think it's easy for us to forget VK is only 18 and only just graduated from high school.  I expected more from DB since she's 3 years older.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, rose711 said:

Victoria? Spoiled? Naaaah.

Screenshot_20180904-103129_Instagram.jpg

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

They don’t all get makeovers. Some just get a color refresh or a trim or even just a wash and style so the crew can get an after shot. It just depends on how they look coming in.

I'm sure you're right, I didn't think Cianna looked any different, only her curls looked a little more defined.

6 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Is getting a VW when you are 18 spoiled? Hahaha, go drive around the student parking at SMU then get back to me.

I got a 4th hand car when I turned 20 (and it was about 15) and only because it had been my sisters (before that my mums and before that someone else) and she had been able to afford her own. a brand new $20,000+ car for an 18 year old??? yeah,, to me that's kinda spoiled.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, mmm said:

They could've at least pretended to ask they girls their opinion. I think this whole thing of DCC being in charge of the girls looks and them not have any control about who they look is outdated idea and kinda Creepy!! I am always werided out when Vets talk about asking permission if they can cut their hair or change it in any way. 

Sorry but what the girls want doesn’t matter. They are signing on to be a DCC and honestly, if I were TPTB, I really wouldn’t care what they wanted. They are playing a part for the remainder of their contract, they have to look like the organization wants them to look. For good or bad.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Victoria? Spoiled? Naaaah.

Screenshot_20180904-103129_Instagram.jpg

That’s a Volkswagen Beetle - it’s not like it’s a Porsche.  I see much more spoiled looking new car posts everyday (some of which I don’t understand why the parents even post cause they really are obnoxious).   VK looks beautiful in that photo btw.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Is getting a VW when you are 18 spoiled? Hahaha, go drive around the student parking at SMU then get back to me.

I see parents posting pics of new bmw’s for these kids when they pass their drivers license - I think that’s all fine and good if that’s what you want to do, but why would you post that on social media - announce to they world that your kid is about as spoiled as can be?   Ugh - it’s just really made me wonder about some of the people I know seeing that stuff.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I got a 4th hand car when I turned 20 (and it was about 15) and only because it had been my sisters (before that my mums and before that someone else) and she had been able to afford her own. a brand new $20,000+ car for an 18 year old??? yeah,, to me that's kinda spoiled.

To me spoiled means throwing a tantrum if you don't get what you want or demanding things your family can't afford. So getting an old used car could be a sign of being spoiled if you act entitled to it and getting a new modestly priced car might be just a lovely surprise. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Law Mom said:

To me spoiled means throwing a tantrum if you don't get what you want or demanding things your family can't afford. So getting an old used car could be a sign of being spoiled if you act entitled to it and getting a new modestly priced car might be just a lovely surprise. 

Agreed. I dont see the big deal about the car, nor the fact that’s it’s a new car. Some people don’t like buying used cars (my dad!) and would rather their kids have a new car, as opposed to one with 150k miles on it, especially if they’re going to be on the road a lot. Unless VK threw a tantrum or demanded the car, I don’t think getting it as a gift automatically makes her spoiled. Privileged - yes; spoiled - not necessarily. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. I dont see the big deal about the car, nor the fact that’s it’s a new car. Some people don’t like buying used cars (my dad!) and would rather their kids have a new car, as opposed to one with 150k miles on it, especially if they’re going to be on the road a lot. Unless VK threw a tantrum or demanded the car, I don’t think getting it as a gift automatically makes her spoiled. Privileged - yes; spoiled - not necessarily. 

Privileged - yes that is the word.  It's a privilege when DCCs or TCCs can devote all their time to it and don't have to work because someone else is paying their bills, for their housing, car, making sure they have medical and dental coverage.   And when they do work often it is "dance instructor" or "nanny" or taking college classes sporadically  very part time jobs that will assuredly never conflict with DCC obligations.   

Not making a moral judgment on the women involved--just something that the show points up from time to time, such as in this episode with TCC Kristin being exhausted, past seasons showing girls practicing in their workplace restrooms during breaks or crying in the office about how they've realized they need to quit their job.   

• Love 8

I had a different take-away from this episode regarding Victoria and Dayton.  I feel like they're going to pull a big switcheroo on viewers and shoe-in Victoria is going to be cut and Dayton is going to rise to the top.

Sadly, Dayton's a hard edit because despite all the praise, it looked like she fudged every single routine. 

Not to harp again on the ladies being late to their hair appointments but my goodness, plan to arrive 30 minutes early and sit in the parking lot!  Being late because of a 5 minute at most pullover means you were going to be late regardless.  Inexcusable.  In HR we have a mantra, we aren't able to elect whose absent/tardiness reason is excusable and whose isn't.  Tardy is tardy.  The opportunity to give an excuse shouldn't have even been given.    

• Love 6

To me there is a massive difference between being shown as a spoiled or privileged girl if that’s better and what Victoria is like in real life.

My point for the past few weeks is that I keep seeing the editors portraying Victoria in a negative way. It’s subtler than Dayton’s negative edit, because they only showed Victoria falling out of her turns at tryouts and not since then, but it’s still unfavorable.

I have no clue what she’s like in real life. I’m guessing she’s naturally boisterous while Dayton is naturally quiet. But I have no idea.

Edited by rose711

I don’t think Dayton or VK are coming off as any more spoiled than 80% of the TCC we get to meet.  Almost all of them are carrying $2000 LV bags, are decked out w/ lash and hair extensions, fake nails, spray tans, expensive costumes and have backgrounds in competitive dance (which is one of the more expensive activities a young girl can do).  None of those things are cheap, and it’s very rare for an 18-20 year old to be able to afford that stuff w/o help from others.   The girls like Clarissa (or whatever her name was - the girl who took care of her family and lived in her car) are the exception not the rule. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Sorry but what the girls want doesn’t matter. They are signing on to be a DCC and honestly, if I were TPTB, I really wouldn’t care what they wanted. They are playing a part for the remainder of their contract, they have to look like the organization wants them to look. For good or bad.

Yeah, I am saying this needs to change as a whole bec it's gross. The Dallas Cowboys organization as a whole treats their employees very poorly and act like their opinions don't matter and that includes the players also.

P.S And check the former DCC thread almost every girl that end leaving & having control over their look end looking much better than their awful and outdated hair & especially make up. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Privileged - yes that is the word.  It's a privilege when DCCs or TCCs can devote all their time to it and don't have to work because someone else is paying their bills, for their housing, car, making sure they have medical and dental coverage.   And when they do work often it is "dance instructor" or "nanny" or taking college classes sporadically  very part time jobs that will assuredly never conflict with DCC obligations.   

Not making a moral judgment on the women involved--just something that the show points up from time to time, such as in this episode with TCC Kristin being exhausted, past seasons showing girls practicing in their workplace restrooms during breaks or crying in the office about how they've realized they need to quit their job.   

Yep, I would love to folllow up with some of the people who quit or were forced to quit their jobs to know if they have any regrets. Kat and Courtney are two of the main ones who seemed to have jobs that are pretty sought after, and both only cheered for one year.

• Love 3

The car is no big deal. Maybe its a late graduation gift.  I got a new car for Christmas when I was 17. My dad had a good year in business.  I might have been a little spoiled but it was my parents doing not mine. Was I supposed to say, Mom & Dad, no thank you. I do not accept this car as I have not earned it.  lol   

I think Lauren looks so beautiful this year!

• Love 8