Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom: Young Moms Club - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I just saw an ad for this and can't tell if it is scripted or not.  If it is scripted I don't feel as bad for the kids, but either way it makes me want to barf with the "we love drama and we're boy crazy and, oh yeah, we also have kids."  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Babysnark23 said:

I just watched the meet the mama episode- I live and breathe for all things reality....but this is just BAD! Don’t get me wrong I’ll continue to watch...

It IS like Teen Mom meets The Hills. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 2

So all of the original group of friends got pregnant right after senior year of high school?  One girl has rich parents, the others are struggling.  She has a nanny, lets everyone else come over to have free time (nanny watches the kids), plus has nice parties.  So that's why she's Queen Bee?  They added on at least one 'new' friend, I guess because the original group (minus Chandlar) would be too small?

Chandlar's boyfriend, where did she find such a prize?  She's got a child already, and then decides to get into a serious relationship with someone who has a substance abuse problem (just say it, he's an addict).  

Just seemed so scripted.  I turned it off just at the party, where the blonde - Nicole? - was kicking out her latest douchebag boyfriend out of her party.  She was just the stereotypical rich blonde  California girl, more vapid than the title character in Legally Blonde (at last that character got an education, had some direction).  

Bad show.  Again, bring back reruns of the Real World and Road Rules.  I'd watch those shows over this dreck.

• Love 6

I’d say it’s a low-rent Hills!

There was mention that his package of pharmaceuticals were being delivered to the hotel when they arrived at the hospital for the Chandlar’s induction. 

I’ve read these forums for years and finally joined to post. 

I really wanted to like this show and I know I’ll watch it like a train wreck - I would love to know who thought of this concept, let’s find a group of fresh out of high school girls that all drank from the same water fountain and got pregnant. I wouldn’t put it past these gaggle of dumb AF girls to decide to all have a baby so they can have a show!

• Love 2

It seems only one of these girls is actually rich ( and that’s because she lives with her parents). Just goes to show, don’t envy those high school cheerleaders, they can mess up their lives just like Amber or Jenelle.  The kids are all very cute but I don’t see this franchise being very interesting.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, missy jo said:

So what drug is Chandlers boyfriend addicted to? They keep saying substance abuse but they don't say what drug. 

I'm thinking opiates, did you see that scene when she's in labor?  (it was in some preview thing, I only watched Meet the Moms, haven't seen the ep yet)  he's like, messy & drooly & babbling nonsense.  omg SO SAD!

I was confused by the fact that ALL of the cheerleaders got pregnant after HS, did they have a pact like those teenagers in Massachusetts? 

https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/news/a2055/teenage-pregnancy-pact-gloucester/

when the Queen Bee snarked that "if they *want* to go to the ninety-nine cents store, i wish they would just tell me and I'll take them there."  k, that was sooo bitchy...and tbh I was in agreement when her friend said that she didn't *earn* the money, it was Daddy's.

but I love me the ninety-nine cent store & I would *so* take her up on her offer!!!

this is super trashy, but fluffy enough for late summer, I'm in!!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, teapot said:

when the Queen Bee snarked that "if they *want* to go to the ninety-nine cents store, i wish they would just tell me and I'll take them there."  k, that was sooo bitchy...and tbh I was in agreement when her friend said that she didn't *earn* the money, it was Daddy's.

but I love me the ninety-nine cent store & I would *so* take her up on her offer!!!

Dollar Tree for life! She has no idea what she is missing! 

• Love 4

Just what America needs. Another show glamorizing* teen pregnancy. 

*I don’t think Teen mom/16&pregnant itself glamorized Teen pregnancy. But I do believe teens see how “famous” these girls got because of the shows. 

• Love 2

I just caught the last 10 minutes...that Nicole girl is vile. It's funny that people think you have to be pretty to be on tv when you just need to have money (see also Alex from Siesta Key). She's a grenade & a half, and just as big a douche as that ugly Frankie Delgado looking mofo who said someone needed to lose weight. Seemed to me like they're a perfect gross match in both looks & personality.

• Love 5

The blonde Nicole girl reminds me both in looks (hair color, face, and body type) and personality of that chick on that MTV show about the rich brats in south Florida - not the Jersey Shore knock-off, but the other one.  The one where the rich kid who looks like Shrek was the head of the social group.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

The blonde Nicole girl reminds me both in looks (hair color, face, and body type) and personality of that chick on that MTV show about the rich brats in south Florida - not the Jersey Shore knock-off, but the other one.  The one where the rich kid who looks like Shrek was the head of the social group.

Alex from Siesta Key is Shrek! I think maybe you're referring to Chloe from that show? I think Chloe is way prettier, but I can see some similarities. It's really pathetic to see what people will put up with in order to be someone's friend. 

• Love 2

They must be exaggerating things for the cameras. Otherwise, why would anyone take that behavior from Nicole? The use of a pool, nanny and so on aren’t really worth some of the vile that girl was spewing.  

I’m sure the cameras are influencing the show at least partly. For one, Chandlar was being filmed before she (allegedly) saw the group for the first time in three years. 

I’ll probably watch, as the pickings are slim and we don’t get Teen Mom back until October. (I see the reference to the show’s forums, but this is all that I’ve found. Am I the only one?)

• Love 2
14 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I'm trying real hard to not watch this show......Let's see how long I can hold out for.

oh, come to the dark side w/the rest of us...water's fine!!!

muahahahahaha....

• Love 3

Wait, so this isn't scripted? Does that mean Siesta Keys was reality too? These are real people with actual kids they had? Why is everything they say so stilted and cardboard? It sounds like the world's worst line readings from Z-list actors. I just assumed this and Siesta Keys were a misguided attempt by MTV to combine their popular reality premises with bargain basement scripted drama.

This was actually better than I expected (the beauty in expecting nothing).

The stuff with the murdered friend actually made me tear up, although I’m PMSing.

The pregnant girl and her chubby pill head boyfriend seem super out of place and like their footage accidentally got mixed up with this show instead of an episode of Intervention. 

2 of the moms are super super pretty. The rich girl is an actress and the party nonsense was completely fabricated. I wanna feel bad for the pregnant girl but I’m too confused about what’s going on to form an opinion of that just yet. 

Whatever. I’ll be watching. 

• Love 1

I’m trying but I just can’t understand why pretty, popular girls who have been around any education at all, are stillaccidentally getting pregnant. With birth control, Plan B, and readily available pregnancy termination, unless you are trying to trap a boyfriend, why would it even get to that point?  But then I see the losers they are all with and I think, I guess women today are still not empowered over their crazy emotions and bad choices.

On 9/5/2018 at 11:59 PM, scarlett said:

This was actually better than I expected (the beauty in expecting nothing).

The stuff with the murdered friend actually made me tear up, although I’m PMSing.

The pregnant girl and her chubby pill head boyfriend seem super out of place and like their footage accidentally got mixed up with this show instead of an episode of Intervention. 

2 of the moms are super super pretty. The rich girl is an actress and the party nonsense was completely fabricated. I wanna feel bad for the pregnant girl but I’m too confused about what’s going on to form an opinion of that just yet. 

Whatever. I’ll be watching. 

I can't believe the choices that the pregnant one makes. She purposely got pregnant by someone who depends on a wheelchair and although he can walk a bit seems to have limited use of his hands. How can he support a child? Then she gets impregnated by a junkie/alcoholic who is struggling to come to terms with being molested as a child. WTF

The other one who is married is another idiot. Why did she have a second child with a man who cannot hold down a job? I wonder how much her mother is charging them for rent.

What a hot fucking mess, but, yeah, I'm watching it, too!

• Love 4

Is it bad that I kinda agreed with Nicole that Nikki should not have invited her friends to the party without clearing it with Nicole first?  Don't get me wrong, Nicole was completely melodramatic but she had a point... it's her home (where both her daughter and parents live) and she should be able to have veto power of giving anyone access to that.  Oh shoot, did I just fall into the trap of taking this show too seriously?

• Love 3
On 9/7/2018 at 9:28 AM, politichick said:

I can't believe the choices that the pregnant one makes. She purposely got pregnant by someone who depends on a wheelchair and although he can walk a bit seems to have limited use of his hands. How can he support a child?

I’m not negating that she was stupid for getting pregnant as a teen (with a teen dad) but many disabled people with mobility issues, that use wheelchairs are able to be productive members of the work force and be good parents. As ADULTS not teens. (On that I agree) Given the way our culture treats disability I can see HIM wanting a child to “prove he was a man” and that he was still sexually active, but again, NOT a reason to bring a human being into the world! He (baby daddy 1)seems to be decent enough and has enough sense to not want his daughter around Aaron (the drug addict boyfriend). I wonder why they split.

She (Chandlar the pregnant one) keeps talking about “investing so much”- honey you aren’t 50 with a 401k, a house and money to lose. Calm down.

On 9/7/2018 at 9:28 AM, politichick said:

The other one who is married is another idiot. Why did she have a second child with a man who cannot hold down a job? I wonder how much her mother is charging them for rent.

Yes! One child was hard enough, why add another??! And why won’t he work full time? Is he depressed or just a dead beat?

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 3

I can't seem to find anything about this on MTV's website.  Looks like MTV dropped this like a hot potato.  I almost wonder if something really bad happened with one of the cast members for them to scrub away this show (a la Megan Wants a Millionaire).  Regardless, I really hope that Chandler is in a better spot and that Aaron is getting the help he needs.

• Love 2

I vowed not to watch it because I was getting ready to wipe PLM off my DVR but I watched when I had nothing left on my DVR and am enjoying it more than PLM.  Crazy what editing could do.  Nicole went from a classic C U Next Tuesday to regular mom.  

• Love 2

Interesting how the cast didn't like Chandler during the PLM show, and now she is part of the group.  How did that happen?  It's not like they could go back and re-film, since she is pregnant.  

Does anyone know if Nicole and Michael are still together in real time?

As for Heather, I had hyperemesis and there was never a chance of me DYING!  I had to take anti-nausea medicine and got some fluids.  It was HELL, so she is right about that, and dangerous as far as making sure the baby was gaining weight, but as far as I know, it wasn't a life or death during birth situation.

• Love 2
On 5/3/2019 at 10:03 PM, heatherchandler said:

Interesting how the cast didn't like Chandler during the PLM show, and now she is part of the group.  How did that happen?  It's not like they could go back and re-film, since she is pregnant.  

Does anyone know if Nicole and Michael are still together in real time?

As for Heather, I had hyperemesis and there was never a chance of me DYING!  I had to take anti-nausea medicine and got some fluids.  It was HELL, so she is right about that, and dangerous as far as making sure the baby was gaining weight, but as far as I know, it wasn't a life or death during birth situation.

They seemed to kind of touch base on the Chandler-hate.  They didn't dwell on it too much, but did mention they haven't been in contact with her for some time due to her boyfriend.  

I checked Nicole's IG and no mention of him anywhere so I'm assuming not together.  But if I remember on PLM, she dumped him after finding out he was a cheater and if I recall, was a total douche to her at one point at some party.  

I completely thought the same thing about hyperemesis.  My friend and I were pregnant together, due 3 days apart and she had that.  Almost spent the whole first trimester in the hospital because she kept getting dehydrated, but nothing was life or death.  I don't remember this girl from PLM, so wondering if they are playing up the condition for drama?  Or maybe she's the hypochondriac overly sensitive type?  

Chandlers got issues if she keeps getting knocked up by whatever boyfriend she's with at the time knowing no one is really set up in life to have a baby.  Extremely sad to bring a baby into this world with an addict father and while she's living on her moms couch with another child. 

• Love 1

Did the "model" girl seriously make a youtube video for how to put your hair in a ponytail? And a LOW ponytail at that?

And druggie boyfriend needs to understand that most fathers don't want their kids around druggies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm beginning to think there's not many of us watching this.  I'm almost ashamed.  This has really showed me how much editing can have an influence on characters.  They have turned this around so Nicole isn't HBIC of all her bitchlettes.  They completely took out the party where someone told her Michael slept with someone else the week before or something like that.  They also left out the drama of Nicole being the topic of The Dirty.

Also, love Cheyenne going out with her friends to go discuss how they don't have money and don't have money to go on a date while she's lunching at a nice restaurant overlooking the coast.  Chilis not cool with y'all? 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I'm beginning to think there's not many of us watching this.  I'm almost ashamed.  This has really showed me how much editing can have an influence on characters.  They have turned this around so Nicole isn't HBIC of all her bitchlettes.  They completely took out the party where someone told her Michael slept with someone else the week before or something like that.  They also left out the drama of Nicole being the topic of The Dirty.

Seriously whoever edited this show deserves an award.  Or at least teach a master class.  I'm in awe of how they used the exact same scenes/conversations and made them look completely different.

I'm curious if The Dirty stuff will come up in a future episode. It could be a way to make Nicole look sympathetic?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Seriously whoever edited this show deserves an award.  Or at least teach a master class.  I'm in awe of how they used the exact same scenes/conversations and made them look completely different.

I'm curious if The Dirty stuff will come up in a future episode. It could be a way to make Nicole look sympathetic?

Ooh, good point on The Dirty.  

I did read that Alyssa's mom has since passed away