Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: The Badger of Beaver Creek

• Start Topic

His name being Chartt is hilarious because there are two people at Westcott LLC whose last name is Smartt. What is with the extra t? http://www.westcott.com/about-us/

One man's name is Swayze Smartt. Imagine that.

Westcott LLC invested in a German augmented reality company (Metaio) that Apple bought back in 2015 for a rumored price of ~30 million euros. It isn't known how much of a share Westcott had in that company. At the time, his father Carl Westcott gave an interview after the sale saying that Court hadn't told him the final sale price yet, but that he (Carl) was telling friends that it was "less than a billion and more than a couple hundred million."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

His name being Chartt is hilarious because there are two people at Westcott LLC whose last name is Smartt. What is with the extra t? http://www.westcott.com/about-us/

One man's name is Swayze Smartt. Imagine that.

Westcott LLC invested in a German augmented reality company (Metaio) that Apple bought back in 2015 for a rumored price of ~30 million euros. It isn't known how much of a share Westcott had in that company. At the time, his father Carl Westcott gave an interview after the sale saying that Court hadn't told him the final sale price yet, but that he (Carl) was telling friends that it was "less than a billion and more than a couple hundred million."

Imagine being embarrassed to tell your friends the price ended up being "only" 30M.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Imagine being embarrassed to tell your friends the price ended up being "only" 30M.

To be be fair there was a NDA in place, which is why there is only a rumored price, Court couldn’t even talk about the fact that the deal happened but a tech gossip blog posted about it. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

“Kameron has probably never been to a liquor store.” LOL! 

I like Cary’s doesn’t GAF attitude this year.  

IDK what to believe about Brandi- D’Andra. I do believe that D’Andra wasn’t talking about Brandi in the original interview but she probably discussed it w Cary and said something about Brandi. If she didn’t say ANYTHING about Brandi ever, she probably would have been more upset with Cary.

Kam talking about getting lice from Shari’s pillow was probably her most amusing comment this season.

• Love 1

I have a hard time with Kameron because I can't stand her voice or even watching her talk. However, I did feel that she was finally relatable when she kept laughing during the meditation scene. I like Brandi and Stephanie's friendship. Seems so genuine. Also thought their sledding scene was funny.

I guess D'Andra is admitting she doesn't come across well on camera this year? That'll be interesting. She has some good will built up from last year and having to deal with her horrendous mom, so I'm curious what she does. 

• Love 4

I like Deandra and her husband.   I’m curious to see how her relationship with Brandi evolves.  Her husband is very likeable.  

I have no opinion of Kameran b/c I simply can’t believe that this image or caricature she is putting on screen is legit.

Brandi and Stephanie are ridiculously immature, but their friendship is probably the most sincere friendship being portrayed on any housewife show.  I kind of get a kick out of Brandi.  She can be pretty quick with a response.  Further I really like the adoption storyline and found her husband’s comment about having prayed on it a lot to be very sweet (and I’m not even religious).  It’s nice to see Brandi’s home life in a positive place as that was not the case in Season one.

I love Stephanie because she was a bone marrow donor to a complete random stranger.   I don’t recall it being referenced on the show, but she seems to be a genuinely kind person.

I very much appreciate Carrie’s attempts to get Kameran to let things go.

• Love 13

Dallas and Potomac are delivering better value than most of the big time franchises, IMO. I recall being irritated by Brandy and Stephanie and their poop and  'jesus juice' routine in the first episodes, but they are now my favourite friends on any housewife show. Stephanie in particular I'm impressed with. I love her gentle composed demeanour and how that is juxtaposed with both her active kindness (helping Brandy with the adoption because she has a social work background, plus the bone marrow thing @AttackTurtle mentioned above) but also because she's no walk over. She contends with Travis and his 'to do lists' and his birthday party and his unilateral decision to buy a massive house with a massive tacky pool in the living area. She doesn't seem to sulk, or flip out, but sure as eggs, later on we see the home she has renovated with pool conspicuously absent, for example. Watching Travis try to play along with the story that it was he and Stephanie with the surrogate was amusing too. She and Brandy are not to be underestimated. 

LeeAnn's fiancee reminds me more and more of Vicki's Steve. It's obvious both men are dragging their feet about walking down the aisle. LeeAnn also reminds me of Kelly Dodd, in that they have both been vocal about becoming 'third wheels' in a friendship: LeeAnn after Brandy and Stephanie made up, and Kelly once Vicki wormed her way back into Tamra and Shannon's company. So glad LeeAnn has a stylist and has lost the huge rouge carny kandy apples on her cheeks, for one. 

As for Kam, she really doesn't seem to be making much of an impact. She feels like she's only been on the show for a couple of episodes and this is her 2nd season. She's certainly bringing the lifestyle, but despite all the pink and the sparkles and the vocal fry, I don't think there's a lot going on with her. Her value at the moment is in being the target for Brandy and Stephanie. Carey's reaction to her at dinner suggests to me that some of the ladies are already finding her scratched record routine with grievances a major buzzkill. And the whole 'I don't want Stephanie in my house' routine that production is foreshadowing was a safe drama bet for Kam, as Steph already had to leave for Italy in the middle of this trip. It'd be way more dramatic if Brandy left as well, but if I was Brandy, I'd stick it out for some adult fun: having a newborn is all consuming and I was pleasantly surprised she went on this trip at all.

• Love 12

Weirdly I’m liking Carey this season too.

Me too. She's appearing oddly sane and funny. But then I remember she married Mark.

Because it can't be said enough - Fuck mediation. 

ghoulina I'm hoping you meant meditation because I feel the same, especially if it includes a serene voice telling me to feel the inner life of my hands and my spine and my big toe.  I get so annoyed. 

Kameron is embarrassed at being duped on camera by Stephanie and being made a fool of. Steph did make a nice apology and Kam should just let it die by not bringing it up. But Kam needs to bring drama.

I swear I saw Kameran suppress a smile when she saw the poster on her bed and  Cary - stop with the nakedness.  

She's an act .... a real Miss Priss would never wear those earrings referenced above ... it's a wink wink.  But that house? The private jet? That's what I watch these shows for.  By the way,  BISON short ribs? I know it's the Wild Wild West but no thanks. It looked to me like Brandi left most of it on her plate, drank too much on an empty stomach, and then collapsed in a puddle of new-mom, sleep-deprived tears. 

Court's brother's name is Chartt.

Does he have a wife? Can we see her? This family sounds made-for-TV weird.

I do believe that D’Andra wasn’t talking about Brandi in the original interview but she probably discussed it w Cary and said something about Brandi.

I'm assuming the Adderall use in question is for those women who don't need it but have a prescription just to keep weight off. Since Brandi isn't insect thin, I hardly think D'Andra was throwing shade at her. She may have mentioned offsides to Cary that Brandi had a prescription too, but we can all see that Brandi isn't abusing it to stay super skinny. More manufactured drama.

LeeAnn does herself no favors with that long, stick straight hair hanging down almost in her face. 

Fashion victim. I know the middle part is in but in several scenes her look was downright Halloween-ready. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, queenjen said:

I recall being irritated by Brandy and Stephanie and their poop and  'jesus juice' routine in the first episodes, but they are now my favourite friends on any housewife show. Stephanie in particular I'm impressed with. I love her gentle composed demeanour and how that is juxtaposed with both her active kindness (helping Brandy with the adoption because she has a social work background, plus the bone marrow thing @AttackTurtle mentioned above) but also because she's no walk over. She contends with Travis and his 'to do lists' and his birthday party and his unilateral decision to buy a massive house with a massive tacky pool in the living area. She doesn't seem to sulk, or flip out, but sure as eggs, later on we see the home she has renovated with pool conspicuously absent, for example. Watching Travis try to play along with the story that it was he and Stephanie with the surrogate was amusing too. She and Brandy are not to be underestimated. 

Same here, particularly with Stephanie.  She's sweet, has a fun personality.  I'd love to have a drink with her.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

By the way,  BISON short ribs? I know it's the Wild Wild West but no thanks.

I now live in Colorado; there are lots of bison cuts of meat in supermarkets.  Bison tastes a lot like beef but it is supposed to be a much healthier alternative.  I'm not a nutritionist but I choose bison over beef if given the alternative. 

As an off topic aside, the stores also carry ground elk.  I had to get that just because I could.  Delicious.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

ghoulina I'm hoping you meant meditation because I feel the same, especially if it includes a serene voice telling me to feel the inner life of my hands and my spine and my big toe.  I get so annoyed. 

Damn, my phone! Yes. I meant "meditation". No offense to anyone who genuinely gets something from this practice. But I'm way too neurotic to just sit there in silence. Even when I try to do yoga videos, I'm always yelling and cursing at the girls on my TV. I'm a peach. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, albarino said:

I now live in Colorado; there are lots of bison cuts of meat in supermarkets.

I live in northern New England, nowhere near where the buffalo roam (although there was a moose in our yard this morning!), and we have bison in our supermarkets, too.  I think it's available most everywhere in the States, and has been for quite a while.

• Love 6

Kam's vacay home puts those of the other HWs to shame. Impressive.

They had way too many tequila shots...except Kameron, I don't think she had to drink to anything, haha. 

Carey and D'Andra were hitting the Patrón while they were shopping! These ladies don't play when they're ready to get their drink on.

HotJeremy: "Why don't you go put that on now?" Get.It.D'Andra.

I 100% think she said it was about Brandi to Cary.

I think so, too. It could've been D'Andra's way of having LeeAnne's back during her beef with Brandi, but it's still disappointing that she would say that. Props to Cary for being all "Yeah, I told Brandi, why wouldn't I?"

There was a quick shot of Brandi popping a pill, but it could've been a million other things besides Adderall.

I love Stephanie because she was a bone marrow donor to a complete random stranger.  

That's so great, and makes me like her even more than I already did.

"My personality is Blonde. I am Blonde in every sense of the word.  I love having fun and not taking life too seriously."

Court's brother's name is Chartt.

GlossyWideHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Edited by jaync
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, jaync said:

That's so great, and makes me like her even more than I already did.

It hits home with me, I was not a match for my brother.

Cary with her succinct talking head, No. Stop. Leave it alone. She was so right. 

Did she have some sort of eye lift or something, her eyes are moving to the side of her head, very fish like. 

Cary's husband is a plastic surgeon and her boobs look like floaters, I would have thought she would have gone more the tear drop route.

LeeAnn and D'Andra look alike, I was confused when Brandi and LeeAnn were talking alone, I had to do a double take.

I don't like Kameron, not based on anything other than my gut feeling, I don't think we would be friends but that house...I could fake a friendship for a long weekend, lol.

Brandi is suffering from stunted mental growth and she irks me but I did think it was funny when they signed the poster and left on Kameron's bed.  Honestly, if she didn't react like a nun Stephanie and Brandi would have left her alone. 

9 minutes ago, ladle said:

Why was Cam wearing a funeral doily as a bathing suit, and why isn't D'Andra more annoyed at Cary for telling Brandi what she said about the Adderall?

Doily, lolololol.

It is strange why somethings are laced with TNT and other are hardly sniff worthy.  I think De'Andra was tap dancing as fast as she could when she was confronted.  An easy out would have been for D'Andra to apologize and say she spoke out of turn because she didn't really know Brandi when she made that comment and now she knows she is a lovely, upstanding citizen and the best mother in the world or some bullshit like that.  Denying anything just adds fuel to Brandi's fire.

• Love 5

I wish they had covered the bone marrow story with Stephanie because it really could’ve been a catalyst for others to put themselves out there to do the same.  If I recall, she even travelled out of state for the operation.  It was really special.   She has a very nice life and while his lists are beyond ridiculous, Travis seems like a decent guy.  He took her parents to Europe with them.  They travel a lot with their kids, which is awesome.  

Carrie looks a bit “pulled” this year.  I’m still crazy impressed by her yoga skills.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I'm assuming the Adderall use in question is for those women who don't need it but have a prescription just to keep weight off. Since Brandi isn't insect thin, I hardly think D'Andra was throwing shade at her. She may have mentioned offsides to Cary that Brandi had a prescription too, but we can all see that Brandi isn't abusing it to stay super skinny.

I wouldn't think so either for the same reasons. But then I remember that Brandy had a body lift procedure after the girls were born and she broke down about this last season because she blamed it for the miscarriage. So, that had me wondering if she does have some body image issues. I think she always looks beautiful and her weight seems pretty stable, but who knows what goes on in people's heads? Especially after being a Cowboys cheerleader. This is NOT me giving credence to her abusing that drug, I just remember being shocked that she had felt the need to have a body lift or full body lift or whatever it was. I remember the woman from Mob Wives, Renee, having one that was a disaster and it looked absolutely ghastly. It's a big deal surgery.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Damn, my phone! Yes. I meant "meditation". No offense to anyone who genuinely gets something from this practice. But I'm way too neurotic to just sit there in silence. Even when I try to do yoga videos, I'm always yelling and cursing at the girls on my TV. I'm a peach. 

LMAO - I knew what you meant in your first post, but I did have a laugh at the typo - mediation - what many, many housewives need ( especially if meditation isn’t working)!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

So, that had me wondering if she does have some body image issues. I

Raise hands?  Who doesn't have body image issues?!? Tongue in cheek only. a different message boardI'm on lets us put sarcastic comments in pink.  

• Love 9
On 8/30/2018 at 8:00 PM, Jets4274 said:

Kameron is as annoying AF.  Can't stand to hear her talk.  She reminds me of Elle Woods from "Legally Blonde."  From seeing the Beaver Creek mansion, I can now see why she married her husband.  She needs to find a sense of humor.   And why be so upset about not knowing about Brandi's new baby?  Hate how she's making it all about her and nice way to ruin a fun evening.  Total bitch.

Unfortunately, you just made Kam's day. She describes herself as the 'real life' Elle Woods, or her friends say she is. And she was told that 'we aren't going to bash her for adopting a baby' so maybe she has hearing issues because she then kept ranting about how offended she was! She'd NEVER bash a baby! Let alone an adopted baby! Stephanie needs to get out of her house! ...WTF. 

• Love 3
On 8/31/2018 at 3:46 AM, heatherchandler said:

I don't really like Brandi but OH MY GOD when she made that prank phone call I actually burst out laughing.  When they showed it again last night, I laughed again.  It was funny.  Also unexpected - I did not expect to hear that voice from her!!

And compare Brandi's voice there with LeeAnn's 'they're just.................hands' voice from behind closed doors. That's the entertainment we've grown to love: grown women prank calling using their best demon voice and a grown woman with an actual demon speaking out of her face (behind doors. possibly production auto tuned, but it was creepy).

And also: DeeAndra's neck. What is going on there? Her face doesn't move much at all, I'm surprised that she seems to have drawn the line and put her foot down about her throat. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Carrie looks a bit “pulled” this year.  I’m still crazy impressed by her yoga skills.

I always tweet to her that she should do a yoga video for us beginners.  I know there are a ton of vids already in existence, but she should use her fame for that!

• Love 3

Unfortunately, next episode is the last we shall see of Beaver Creek. The Westcott ski home sold shortly after filming ($11,500,000). I’m sure filming & the accompanying tour on Bravo’s website was all promotion to sell the house. I personally find the house very gaudy but it’s on an amazing lot. I live just down the street & passed by it this morning on a hike. I was really hoping they would do an annual trip like RHONY does tot he Berkshires. It’s fun to see my little town on the show. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, prettybird said:

Unfortunately, next episode is the last we shall see of Beaver Creek. The Westcott ski home sold shortly after filming ($11,500,000). I’m sure filming & the accompanying tour on Bravo’s website was all promotion to sell the house. I personally find the house very gaudy but it’s on an amazing lot. I live just down the street & passed by it this morning on a hike. I was really hoping they would do an annual trip like RHONY does tot he Berkshires. It’s fun to see my little town on the show. 

I’m not crazy about the house either.  It’s too dark.  Camille’s home in Colorado was much more to my liking, but this one appears to be ski in/out, which is awesome.

• Love 3