Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Hey Walnut .. you up already?  See what u r missing?  90 Day .. another train wreck you can’t stop watching.

I keep odd hours.

And if you don't cyst & decease about this 90 Day stuff, I'll have to report you to Adult Protective Services for contributing to the delinquency of a Senior!  heh.

And there I go again, age shaming ... myself.  ;-)

• Love 9
19 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Agree! The crux of the problem—to me—is that the rest of them can pretty much meet halfway and sort things out, there’s an ability to negotiate some sort of peace with one another, even if temporarily, where they can all be somewhat-if not happy with each other, at least placated by each other. But I’ve always thought Carole expects things on her terms. She’s pretty much a lone wolf. I don’t believe she’s a compromiser, and I think if you cross her once, that’s it! Basta. You’re dead to her. She seems to have a coldness or aloofness and I’m not sure if anyone ever gets too close. I’m not sure if she’s good at forgiving...

Yes to everything.  She did get very close to Carolyn Kennedy ... maybe because of who she was and respected her?  A different relationship altogether than with these housewives.  I still say Carole is a Snob.

• Love 2
On 9/1/2018 at 6:37 PM, Taralightner said:

I just spent 40 mins trying to find it, but need to stop. If you go to Carole thread, go back to page 82. Do you know how to use the page number function at the top of each page? But, page 82 is Aug 12, he died on Aug 10. I feel like it’s probably on page 81 or 80, but I had to stop searching for now. 

Taralightner:  You are sooooo sweet to spend so much time for my mere curiosity.  Thanks for the helpful guidance, I'll be sure to look it up easier now that you told me about the page functionality.   Thanks again for all the time and attention spent.  MWAH!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes to everything.  She did get very close to Carolyn Kennedy ... maybe because of who she was and respected her?  A different relationship altogether than with these housewives.  I still say Carole is a Snob.

That may or may not be true.  There is much speculation that Carole wasn't nearly as close to Carolyn as she claimed.  

ETA:  See the Carole thread

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Gotta say, no matter what any one of us think about the NYC women, they certainly bring it. I don't think there's been a single week where this forum hasn't been posting in the episode thread up until the next episode airs and gives us new material to talk about, lol. Even though the arguments get repetitive, it's the one franchise that I could watch more of rather than less of.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Agree 100%. And a name dropper. I remember how awful she was to Luann for daring to want an introduction to her dress designer. She was horrid and very small. 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Gotta say, no matter what any one of us think about the NYC women, they certainly bring it. I don't think there's been a single week where this forum hasn't been posting in the episode thread up until the next episode airs and gives us new material to talk about, lol. Even though the arguments get repetitive, it's the one franchise that I could watch more of rather than less of.

Yes! And 19 pages to slog through!...make that 20 as of this morning. Oy 

meanwhile... (tm Carrie Bradshaw aka Carole) poor OC only has 6. Or is it 5?

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
On 8/30/2018 at 8:07 AM, OFDgal said:

Agree.  I really liked her when she was first on.  I thought she was a fun and caring person.  However, as time went by, she started showing the real Dorinda.  I find it hard to believe that after watching herself and her mean, drunken rages, that she still says she doesn't have a problem with alcohol. I guess to her this is acceptable behavior. 

I know! I don’t get the doubling-down! If it were me in Dorinda’s position, I would have opened the reunion with “I just have to say how embarrassed I am of my behavior this past season! I looked back on some of my antics and am so sorry about how awful I came across..I guess I’m sadder than I thought and am considering getting help for it. I’m working towards it.” That’s it, poof! All of my distaste and resentment towards her would dissipate. What is wrong with Housewives that they seem incapable of any self-reflection and admission and sincere apology? There will never be any growth in any of them. They are all guilty of it to some degree across the board. Maybe not ramoner... she’s loves to prostrate herself with a good apology, hence The Apologizer moniker. But then she’s up to her old tricks again. 

• Love 11
On 8/30/2018 at 10:16 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda didn't like Sonja because on Dorinda's first season to the show, Sonja wasn't so nice to her. There was also the scene of Beautique where Sonja says what are you doing here without Dorinda? Followed by a Page Six blurb of John being at Beautique cozying up to a Russian model. It was probably Sonja who sold the story. Dorinda/John in Dorinda's Berkshire house and Sonja walks in in her lingerie, flirting with John. Kristen and Sonja dancing and making a Fudgie The Whale Sandwich. I don't think Dorinda liked that.

The thing that pushed Dorinda over the edge was the coke allegations at the reunion and Sonja said everyone knows you party all the time. Followed by a summer of Sonja in interviews backing that up and standing by what she said. This is what caused Dorinda to NOT invite her to the Berskhires, she used the Tipsy Girl friction as an excuse. The root of Dorinda being loaded for bear with Sonja being the bear is the coke allegations.

All the points above you made are true. Dorinda thinks Sonja is less than the gum beneath her shoe.

With Dorinda I see a lot of self loathing and instead of dealing with those issues she spews it outward towards her target du jour. She uses having a bit too much to drink as an excuse for her behavior - it wasn't me - I don't really feel that way about you, it was the drinks, I had an empty stomach, I didn't take a nap, I'm mourning over Hannah moving out. Oh please, you went furniture shopping with Hannah for her apartment during Bethenny's fibroid season. Hannah's been gone for well over a year before this season started filming.

Thanks for explaining the Dorinda/Sonja back story. I didn’t really remember it and/or put it together. Makes perfect sense now about why Sonja wasn’t invited to the Berkshires. I would hate forever the person that accuses me of using coke, on National tv. 

• Love 2

It's so strange to watch this show with all the screaming and hatred and then turn to Great British Baking Challenge which is all bunnies and rainbows and I love it.

GBBS is such a delight. Paul Hottywood, mmm.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Makes perfect sense now about why Sonja wasn’t invited to the Berkshires. I would hate forever the person that accuses me of using coke, on National tv. 

Sonja wasn’t invited to the Berkshires because Bethenny made Dorinda choose between the two of them and said she wouldn’t go if Sonja was invited.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Sonja wasn’t invited to the Berkshires because Bethenny made Dorinda choose between the two of them and said she wouldn’t go if Sonja was invited.

KungFuBunny’s explanation makes more sense to me. 

• Love 3
Just now, biakbiak said:

I am so sick of the Bethenny show!!! If we wanted to see that then BEE would still be on. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

But we actually saw on the show Dorinda uninvite Sonja because Bethenny asked her to, Sonja was initially invited until Bethenny said she wouldn’t go if Sonja was as there.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But we actually saw on the show Dorinda uninvite Sonja because Bethenny asked her to, Sonja was initially invited until Bethenny say she wouldn’t go if Sonja was as there.

Yeah we saw it...but there was more to it than what we saw...as is per usual. KFBs explanation makes a lot of sense to me. 

• Love 3
Just now, VedaPierce said:

Yeah we saw it...but there was more to it than what we saw...as is per usual. KFBs explanation makes a lot of sense to me. 

I think B just provided Dorinda an excuse to disinvite/not invite Sonja. Just because someone asked or said, “Hey I’m not going” doesn’t mean that Dorinda had to follow through with it. Plus, I think it was an empty threat from Bethenny. I’m pretty sure production would have made sure she was there. Sonja honestly doesn’t add much to the story half the time so she wasn’t a big loss. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I’m pretty sure production would have made sure she was there. Sonja honestly doesn’t add much to the story half the time so she wasn’t a big loss. 

It was the season where Sonja wasn’t only being paid for when she filmed so it was shitty of both Dorinda and Bethenny.

• Love 4

But we actually saw on the show Dorinda uninvite Sonja because Bethenny asked her to, Sonja was initially invited until Bethenny say she wouldn’t go if Sonja was as there.

Right. If there had been more to it, then Dorinda wouldn't have invited Sonja in the first place. Not to mention, Beth threw out the coke accusations way before Sonja did, and Beth's invitation wasn't rescinded. It was all just another example of Frankel getting her butthole licked.

• Love 10

jaync.....sorry, I don't know how to move just one quote from a post.  But you asked why I think Carole should remove herself from social media.  While she is surely not my favorite housewife, it is cringeworthy to see what people post on other's Twitter/Instragram.  (I don't have either...way over 70).  The hateful, shaming and meanness of people (when they can be anonymous) is, to me, shocking and scary.  

While I may not like something that someone posts "out there" - it would never occur to me to post something horrible.  I saw something on one of these boards that Carole had put out and it showed some of the replies.  I couldn't believe supposedly civilized people write some of this stuff.  And I wonder how the person (Bethany, Carole, LuAnn, Dorinda, etc.) feel about having people say terrible stuff to and about them.  Seems to me that if I wanted to have a low profile during a trying/scandalous/newsy time, the one thing I would not do is open myself up for nastiness coming at me from people I didn't even know.  But I guess if they couldn't handle it, they wouldn't put themselves out there.  Yes, I am old.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I think B just provided Dorinda an excuse to disinvite/not invite Sonja. Just because someone asked or said, “Hey I’m not going” doesn’t mean that Dorinda had to follow through with it. Plus, I think it was an empty threat from Bethenny. I’m pretty sure production would have made sure she was there. Sonja honestly doesn’t add much to the story half the time so she wasn’t a big loss. 

I agree. I think Dorinda was still pissed about Sonja’s summer antics right after accusing her of doing coke at the reunion and used Bethenny as an excuse. For all we know they cooked it up together so that Dorinda wouldn’t look as bad...I can’t say as I blame her now after reading KFBs post. I wouldn’t want someone in my home after they just accused me of that—true or not. 

17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It was the season where Sonja wasn’t only being paid for when she filmed so it was shitty of both Dorinda and Bethenny.

They weren’t shitty for no reason...just sayin

• Love 3

Thanks for the reply, Kemper, and I agree.

And, now the latter is all about Sonja. "Abuse, then use" should be Beth's motto.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AnnA said:

That may or may not be true.  There is much speculation that Carole wasn't nearly as close to Carolyn as she claimed.  

ETA:  See the Carole thread

According to the book, they were very close.  That’s where I got my info.  Unless, she’s lying in the book or lying on her thread.  Or both.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2

I was just thinking.  In my life, I don’t ever remember telling someone how much I did for them and throwing it in their face like Dorinda does.  She always has to say what she did for all of them.  Sometimes, people don’t even ask for favors.  I think Dorinda just does things for people whether they ask or not, then thinks she owns them.  I hate that about her.  Don’t do any favors Bitch and shut up.  Practically every argument of hers is either what she did for them or didn’t say “thank you” 100 times ON CAMERA ONLY.  She’s such a pain in the ass.

Another thing.  Some say Carole has a “rockin” body.  Is skinny as a skeleton and no tits all the rage?  I thought being voluptuous is sexy and considered a nice body.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I think the nail in the coffin re: Sonja and Dorinda was Sonja parading around in Dorinda's sentimental pj's. Sonja was very flippant about it and I knew Dorinda wouldn't be forgiving.

That was positively heinous on Sonja's part.

It's one thing to raid LuAnn's closet and "borrow" a well worn pair of slippers (which she did earlier this season and commented to LuAnn how nice it was to be able to "borrow" things from her, unlike "borrowing" things from Dorinda's closet).

Borrowing a ratty-assed pair of slippers is on an entirely different level than helping oneself to a lingerie item.

I'd have been pissed had I been Dorinda, too, whether that item was a gift from my late husband or even if I'd bought the damned thing myself.  

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I was just thinking.  In my life, I don’t ever remember telling someone how much I did for them and throwing it in their face like Dorinda does.  She always has to say what she did for all of them.  Sometimes, people don’t even ask for favors.  I think Dorinda just does things for people whether they ask or not, then thinks she owns them.  I hate that about her.  Don’t do any favors Bitch and shut up.  Practically every argument of hers is either what she did for them or didn’t say “thank you” 100 times ON CAMERA ONLY.  She’s such a pain in the ass.

Another thing.  Some say Carole has a “rockin” body.  Is skinny as a skeleton and no tits all the rage?  I thought being voluptuous is sexy and considered a nice body.

My family is notorious for doing that same shit.  

They'll buy you something that you didn't ask for and then add the item to their mental spreadsheet and bring it up later as a "favor" they did for you.

Not that you asked for it or particularly wanted it.

This is why I'm estranged from those assclowns.  

Regarding Carole's body, I think a lot of people for some inexplicable reason associate being "thin" with looking "young."  

While I disagree with that general assessment, I'm rather underweight myself at the moment (no matter how much I stuff down my throat).  I personally feel I looked considerably younger and better 20 pounds heavier.   

I think Carole would look much better/healthier with a few more pounds, but maybe she can't gain it back after the marathon which probably hit "reset" on her metabolism. 

Or maybe she just likes being a skinny bitch.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Thanks for explaining the Dorinda/Sonja back story. I didn’t really remember it and/or put it together. Makes perfect sense now about why Sonja wasn’t invited to the Berkshires. I would hate forever the person that accuses me of using coke, on National tv. 

53 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I agree. I think Dorinda was still pissed about Sonja’s summer antics right after accusing her of doing coke at the reunion and used Bethenny as an excuse. For all we know they cooked it up together so that Dorinda wouldn’t look as bad...I can’t say as I blame her now after reading KFBs post. I wouldn’t want someone in my home after they just accused me of that—true or not. 

VedaPierce:

When you invoke my name 3 times - I'll hop out like Beetlejuice

It's WednesDayo.....let's dance before the new episode

You just wanted another hug right?

fu2CDIG.gif

There was such venom when Dorinda told Sonja to shut up. I'm telling you she hates Sonya, she is also jealous that she can't get Ramona or Luann to hate Sonja.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, Jel said:

I'm calling out Carole's mental-health shaming!

Yes!

She has this fake-shrink routine that's so incredibly offensive. Her diagnoses are all just euphemisms for negative moral judgments. It's a cheap trick for passing off opinions as facts, and for implying that Carole has a transparent, God's eye view of everything, instead of just admitting that she is as judgemental, bitchy, ego-driven, and biased as everyone else. When she calls Bethenny a narcissist, she could just as easily be calling her an unforgivable asshole. There's no meaningful difference.

I find it disturbing that she uses mental health language so consistently, with no sympathy for people going through mental health crises. 

When Jules confronted Bethenny and Carole about about the way they were shaming her for her eating disorder, Bethenny responded by saying she was triggered by eating disorders and didn't want to be around that. That might be shitty but it's at least a bit human. But Carole just looked at her, stone-cold and said "I don't know about eating disorders, but I do know about denial." WTF kind of thing to say is that? How is that constructive to say to someone on television? Like what is the point, except that Carole is somehow superior?

Edited by Frances
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

That was positively heinous on Sonja's part.

It's one thing to raid LuAnn's closet and "borrow" a well worn pair of slippers (which she did earlier this season and commented to LuAnn how nice it was to be able to "borrow" things from her, unlike "borrowing" things from Dorinda's closet).

Borrowing a ratty-assed pair of slippers is on an entirely different level than helping oneself to a lingerie item.

I'd have been pissed had I been Dorinda, too, whether that item was a gift from my late husband or even if I'd bought the damned thing myself.  

Especially when that lingerie item was stored in a closet in a ZIPPED garment bag.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, SweetieDarling said:

Especially when that lingerie item was stored in a closet in a ZIPPED garment bag.

In Dorinda's closet. Not the one in the guest room Sonja was occupying, but the closet in Dorinda's bedroom!

Not to mention that they were too fucking small for Sonja!

I always thought that was ridiculous of Sonja, especially since she had gone off on Tinsley for...eyeroll...being a bad houseguest because she asked Tyler if he could get a package for her not even 48 hours before.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

In Dorinda's closet. Not the one in the guest room Sonja was occupying, but the closet in Dorinda's bedroom!

Not to mention that they were too fucking small for Sonja!

I always thought that was ridiculous of Sonja, especially since she had gone off on Tinsley for...eyeroll...being a bad houseguest because she asked Tyler if he could get a package for her not even 48 hours before.

Sonja can be quite disgusting. Between the above incident and constantly showing off her VJJ in public, sitting on Bethenny's couch wearing no panties, the whole Tipsy Girl situation, she is just gross. I would have a difficult time being friends with her. I feel for her daughter. Sonja is not cute.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Sonja can be quite disgusting. Between the above incident and constantly showing off her VJJ in public, sitting on Bethenny's couch wearing no panties, the whole Tipsy Girl situation, she is just gross. I would have a difficult time being friends with her. I feel for her daughter. Sonja is not cute.

Nothing good can from exposure to Sonja's lady parts.  Ugh.

(And don't forget wearing an adult diaper on the Jitney, which after Sonja's revelation I now consider the "Shitney")

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

There was such venom when Dorinda told Sonja to shut up. 

Dorinda has this way....this way she winks, clicks her tongue and finger guns ya....that is so venomous, so ugly.  It's a small gesture but it's also the deadness, or something in her eyes.  She's hard, man. Prison bitch hard. She did it to Lu at the After Cab Party and to Beth(?) last week. If anybody watches Below Deck Med, Hannah did the same thing to Conrad in a scene last night. It's just evil and dismissive.

1 hour ago, Frances said:

She has this fake-shrink routine that's so incredibly offensive. Her diagnoses are all just euphemisms for negative moral judgments.

She diagnosed Aviva with Munchausen. Long before Kyle made it fashionable in Beverly Hills when referring to Yolanda.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Frances said:

When Jules confronted Bethenny and Carole about about the way they were shaming her for her eating disorder, Bethenny responded by saying she was triggered by eating disorders and didn't want to be around that. That might be shitty but it's at least a bit human. But Carole just looked at her, stone-cold and said "I don't know about eating disorders, but I do know about denial." WTF kind of thing to say is that? How is that constructive to say to someone on television? Like what is the point, except that Carole is somehow superior?

To be honest, I don't blame either of them for not wanting to be around Jules because she was a hot mess and had an obvious eating disorder that she should have thought about before signing on to a show where there is a lot of eating going on at restaurants, hotels, trips, etc. Add to that her skank husband's hinky behavior on camera - can you imagine what his behavior was off camera?! - and that all adds up to someone I'd probably want to not get too embroiled with. If I went to Jules house and a.) Saw what a shit show the house was, completely a mess in all ways, AND b.) saw how bizarre and pained Jules behaved around the bagel scene AND c.) saw how weird her husband is, I too would have wanted to get the hell out of there ASAP, and I probably would have had a 'WTF' convo with my friend immediately because the entire situation was bizarre.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Frances said:

Yes!

She has this fake-shrink routine that's so incredibly offensive. Her diagnoses are all just euphemisms for negative moral judgments. It's a cheap trick for passing off opinions as facts, and for implying that Carole has a transparent, God's eye view of everything, instead of just admitting that she is as judgemental, bitchy, ego-driven, and biased as everyone else. When she calls Bethenny a narcissist, she could just as easily be calling her an unforgivable asshole. There's no meaningful difference.

I find it disturbing that she uses mental health language so consistently, with no sympathy for people going through mental health crises. 

Superior and a Snob and a half.  She’s up there, and everyone else is down there, all because she married a Prince and was friends with the Kennedys.  In a nutshell.  But, that is no more, so what’s the fuckin problem with her?  She is down there with the rest now.  She is still living in the past.  And, practically anyone can write a book.

• Love 6
Just now, Happy Camper said:

I'm not too sure about this.

Well look at the women on the news channels, movie stars, etc. writing about their lives and children’s books.  Nowadays a lot of people write books, and they become best sellers.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Bottom line Sonia pissed a few girls off withbher antics and Dorinda didn’t invite her on bethenny’s behest and a little for herself too. Sonja being the shitty stirrer that she is got thumped on the nose with a newspaper and she seems to have gotten back in line. Bethenny moves it along not that much longer afterwards but Dorinda has continued. Why can’t she just let it be behind her and move on to new Sonja transgressions there will be others. Instead doirinda has not just continued to harp on old shit she has become cruel when it comes to Sonja.

• Love 2
On 9/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, Gam2 said:

I apologize for this because I’ve been back and forth over the past 5 or so pages looking for a quote I saw a while ago but can’t find it. Someone wrote a post challenging Beth, I think, for saying women report rapes that didn’t happen. The poster was apparently outraged by that statement and said it wasn’t true. Yes, it is true. My husband was a criminal investigator in the Army for 20 years. He investigated numerous unfounded rape allegations. He also investigated founded rape allegations. And it didn’t take long for these experienced investigators to tell the difference. It’s the women who falsely claim to have been raped who make it so hard for women who actually have been raped to be BELIEVED by law enforcement!! Don’t get drunk in a bar, go home with some random dude and then claim rape the next morning. And by the way, my children and I spent a lot of time away from my husband/their dad while he was working on rape allegations that turned out to be not true. So there’s that. 

Yeah, those drunk bitches totally deserved it and were asking for it.  (insert eye roll just in case my sarcasm isn't detectable through the internet)  How about "don't take random drunk girls home and fuck them because they can't consent," instead?

So I caught the rerun today and paid more attention and what I really want to know is why Bethenny's folder wasn't SkinnyGirl Red?

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Yeah, those drunk bitches totally deserved it and were asking for it.  (insert eye roll just in case my sarcasm isn't detectable through the internet)  How about "don't take random drunk girls home and fuck them because they can't consent," instead?

So I caught the rerun today and paid more attention and what I really want to know is why Bethenny's folder wasn't SkinnyGirl Red?

I never said they “deserved” to be raped. Insert eye roll just in case my sarcasm isn’t detectable though the internet. I would never say any woman “deserved” to be raped. I will say that my husband and I told our daughter, before we took her to college, to be aware, be smart, don’t drink too much, always have a friend (male or female) with you, don’t go home with a male you don’t know, don’t walk home in the dark by yourself, etc, etc. If you don’t take care of yourself and your friends don’t take care of each other, you are in danger. Use your brains, girls! Take care of each other!

And we taught our son when he was a teenager: Every girl is someone’s daughter just like your sister. Treat all of your girl friends like you’d like your sister or mom to be treated. Don’t drink too much at bars and make bad decisions. Always have a friend with you to help you make good decisions and to help him make good decisions. 

• Love 4