Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Honeymoon Island: Spinoff Discussion Spot

• Start Topic

Was just watching the new episode (part of the time, between the fingers covering my eyes). Isabella has apparently decided to "forgive" Tyler for not winning the silly blindfold game, and he's "the man of her dreams" again. 

I'm wondering how long that will last, this time. (Does anyone think it will be over 24 hours?)

• Love 2

Isabella is a bully and she would/will be an abusive spouse with whomever she will end up with.  Tyler needs to cut his losses.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 9

Um, yeah, Isabella is more than a garden-variety loser.

She's a gaslighting Borderline Personality Disorder/Narcissistic Personality Disorder Cluster B mess worthy of an entire volume of DSM-V.

Love the way she actually tried to make Tyler believe he didn't really say that he'd tell Brandin not to touch him again.  Only because she was in front of the experts, and on camera, did she actually finally agree that he said that.  She was trying to make him believe he didn't really say it.  Gaslighting at its finest.

He would walk on eggshells every single day of his life.  

• Love 8

The petty petty princess flames out again!  Run fast, run far Tyler—and don’t look back.  

I found it odd that apparently the only reason Tyler and Isabella could give for their being “soulmates” was that they found each other super hot.  I would have thought that after nearly two weeks (didn’t it say we were on day 13?), they would have found some other compelling reasons to be together.

So, what is up with Branden?  Super handsy with everyone but frigid with her chosen one?  It sounded like we were almost into #metoo territory.  I just don’t understand.  Apparently, Jona doesn’t get it either.

This episode felt pretty uncomfortable all around.  None of the couples looked very into it during the “touching exercise”.  Maybe the experts were hoping the sexology focus would get more than one of the couples to hit the sheets.  TBH, I would be super uncomfortable having to do that exercise with a camera crew in the room, but I think the real problem is that none of these couples seem very genuine.  I think they needed to give the singles more time to mix and mingle before declaring themselves.  Everyone just seems to be very guarded—like maybe they are not sure if they picked the right person?

• Love 8

Isabella will be the problem in every relationship she is in.  I feel sorry for any man that ends up with her.  It was interesting that the only thing Isabella and Tyler liked about each other was looks.  They fell in lust when they saw each other.  But their personalities clashed.  

Brandin is another strange one.  She treats Jona oddly.  Even the way she played the blindfolded game was odd.  She doesn't like PDA with anyone she is dating.  But she feels quite open to touch everyone she is not in a relationship with.  She seems to think very highly of herself.

Shannon and Kimber might have a chance.  But there is that baby issue with them.

I really do not expect any of these relationships to last.  

• Love 6
12 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

Isabella has issues. So it makes sense she's been casted for MFAS shows, twice! We'll probably see her at the altar on Married at First Sight in the future.

Even Dave (who turned out to be a real douche) was too nice a guy to end up being stuck with Isabella!

12 hours ago, Real4real said:

The petty petty princess flames out again!  Run fast, run far Tyler—and don’t look back.  

I found it odd that apparently the only reason Tyler and Isabella could give for their being “soulmates” was that they found each other super hot.  I would have thought that after nearly two weeks (didn’t it say we were on day 13?), they would have found some other compelling reasons to be together.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Tyler thought she was too beautiful for him. I think Tyler could have been a genuine person, given a chance, and I hope he will show up on MAFS with someone less superficial and far less psycho.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Real4real said:

I think they have said previously that they "agreed on EVERYTHING!" which I assume means they had a bunch of "You like pizza?  Omigosh!  I like pizza too!!!" types of conversations.

I have a little philosophy that says, "Sometimes there are two sides to a story.  Other times one person is just an asshole."  That's you Isabella.

• Love 7

No surprise Isabella & Tyler are done; happy for Tyler actually as cutting out was the right thing to do.  Unstable makes for good drama, so that's probably why they keep casting Isabella. But even she may have worn out her welcome this time.

Brandin - um - if she feels like touching someone she will - I stared in disbelief that she said that. Flip side - what if a guy said that?  No way; keep your hands to yourself bitch. I don't like that one at all & hope she's next to go home.

Superficial note: Jada's eyelashes bug me. Sometimes they look properly separated, other times they are so clumped together it's all I can see. I want a make up artist to cut the scene & come at her with a lash comb...

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure Tyler thought she was too beautiful for him. I think Tyler could have been a genuine person, given a chance, and I hope he will show up on MAFS with someone less superficial and far less psycho.

Imo, this is Isabella's entire MO when choosing her next fling. She knows she can get away with calling the shots, throwing tantrums, and gaslighting her dudes to hell and back if she's more conventionally attractive than them. She knows (thinks?) they'll get on their knees and beg her to stay because she's the hottest girl these losers have ever been with.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Superficial note: Jada's eyelashes bug me. Sometimes they look properly separated, other times they are so clumped together it's all I can see. I want a make up artist to cut the scene & come at her with a lash comb...

Kimber and Brandin bug me - their names, faces and attitudes.  However I was all on board with them calling out Isabella :)

• Love 5
12 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Imo, this is Isabella's entire MO when choosing her next fling. She knows she can get away with calling the shots, throwing tantrums, and gaslighting her dudes to hell and back if she's more conventionally attractive than them. She knows (thinks?) they'll get on their knees and beg her to stay because she's the hottest girl these losers have ever been with.

Doesn't seem like anyone is begging her to stay so if that's her shtick it's not working.

• Love 3

Isabella reminds me a bit of an acquaintance I once met. She seemed like a nice person, and we were gradually becoming friends. Then one day she took a casual comment of mine SUPER personally, and even after I apologized and explained my intentions, she still was super pissed, and wouldn't speak to me for two weeks. Eventually she got over it, and even apologized and admitted she had over-reacted.

Then a while later, she invited me to an event (over email) and I said, in so many words, that sounds fun but I'm not going to be able to make it. Then I got busy and didn't look at my email again for a couple of days. I finally go to check it and she has had a total meltdown, sending me several emails, each one escalating higher and higher to eventual total freak out mode and accusing me of being a horrible friend.

I was thinking...woooooah.... I don't reply to an email for 48 hours and I get THIS????  Needless to say that was the end of our acquaintance-ship

• Love 6
On 11/21/2018 at 12:19 PM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I really hope that Tyler learns something about himself from this process.  He fell in love far too quickly and was ignoring all the red flags until they completely overwhelmed his field of vision.

• Love 3

The fear exercise that Pastor Cal was describing, where they have to completely rely on the other person, was not at all what the exercises actually ended up being.  When you do a solo zipline, you aren't relying on anyone else.  When you ride a horse solo, you aren't relying on anyone else.  It just seemed like psychobabble.

Also, I think Pastor Cal is an idiot, to have admonished Eric (?) that he's thinking too much, when Eric said that a concern of his is always how the girl will react to his frequent traveling.  Um, yeah Pastor Cal, in general people should give far more thought to far more things if they are thinking of getting married, than they actually do.

I am very worried if Chris (?) and Jada go forward, given that his initial attraction was to another girl.  I think that when he is on the road performing, that he will give in to temptation because he doesn't have that 'wow' factor when he thinks about his own girl. 

• Love 4

This show screwed me up coming on after “Happily” this time ...

Eric had valid concerns & Cal pissed all over them. I didn’t think he got a firm reaction in his partner (can’t remember her name) who said they can figure it out as they go - that didn’t sound promising. I don’t know why but to me she seems thirsty for him. I don’t think he’s that into her, & is just looking for someone who will tolerate his constant work travels. 

I still cannot stand Brandin. She seems to be one of those who thinks she’s cute & funny but is actually really obnoxious. That derpy look she always has on her face is also irritating. 

• Love 4

Wow, just watched the last episode and that was an hour I won’t get back.  Psychobabble is the perfect word for it!  Did each of them “face their fear” and they just showed us a few?  Maybe I fell asleep for part of it?  I get the fear of heights—poor Chris looked like he was about to pass out.  But what exactly was Shannon scared of?  Horses?  He didn’t seem to have any trouble hopping up on his horse and riding off into the sunset!  Gee, I’m afraid of champagne and bubble baths . . .Pastor Cal, help me e e!

On a shallow note, I would have loved to see what Isabella would have said was holding her back in the fire exercise!  “My beauty and brains are holding me back because I keep attracting the wrong guys (sniff).”

Once again, Jona mystifies me with his commitment to the brittle Brandin.

Eric seems like a decent guy, but they are a super boring couple, at least what they are showing us.

Chris’s comment about temptations was a big red flag—as was his humble brag about his 1.5 million followers on social media.  And good point about his initial attraction to another woman!  Hope Jada isn’t a jealous type!

• Love 4
On 11/28/2018 at 11:01 PM, gonecrackers said:

This show screwed me up coming on after “Happily” this time ...

Eric had valid concerns & Cal pissed all over them. I didn’t think he got a firm reaction in his partner (can’t remember her name) who said they can figure it out as they go - that didn’t sound promising. I don’t know why but to me she seems thirsty for him. I don’t think he’s that into her, & is just looking for someone who will tolerate his constant work travels. 

I still cannot stand Brandin. She seems to be one of those who thinks she’s cute & funny but is actually really obnoxious. That derpy look she always has on her face is also irritating. 

The word derpy is a perfect word for her.  It's my new favorite description!

• Love 5
On 2018-11-28 at 11:20 PM, Real4real said:

Chris’s comment about temptations was a big red flag—as was his humble brag about his 1.5 million followers on social media.  And good point about his initial attraction to another woman!  Hope Jada isn’t a jealous type!

I actually expected him to say his fear was never being attracted to his partner right after Jada said she was afraid of being humiliated in a relationship. The producers and “experts” are assholes enough to think that would be good drama.

I’m positive none of these couples stand a chance. I’m also completely baffled by what the touchy feely dude sees in Brandin. 

• Love 5

Weird how excited the people were to see their families there.

Chris is still auditioning, & it's still annoying. Why was he singing with her father?  Weird.

Newsflash for Kimber - sharing a room in a resort while filming a show will not give you any idea how someone is in real life. I also don't think she knows what "long term" really means.

Shannon's family is already intrusive.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Chris is still auditioning, & it's still annoying.

Before this was posted, I had already written "Chris looks like he is always posing."  Every facial expression, movement, and word choice looks calculated for maximum effect.  I just doubt his sincerity.

39 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Newsflash for Kimber - sharing a room in a resort while filming a show will not give you any idea how someone is in real life. 

Nor does it equate to "living together".

• Love 4

Right about Chris.  He's only here for the followers.  He's already told us he has 1.2 million followers on Facebook, he already sang that one stupid song, and tonight, he sang again.

He showed us how "adorable" his bond is with his daughter.  She's adorable, but I think his FaceTime was just for show, as he could have kept that a private moment.  Most parents don't want their children shown on National T.V.

Cue the "heartbreaking", it's just not meant to be ending for Jada.  

Chris:  I travel so much, babe, it just wouldn't be fair to you.  You're the only woman I've introduced to my daughter, we were this close to making it work, but you know I live in upstate NY, aight??  

Jada:  But we could make it work.  I'm falling in love with you.  I'd be a great stepmom; I'd even consider moving!

Chris:  Jada, as much as I want to, and you know baby I do, it just won't work.

Chris, winking into the camera:  here's my insta-name, and follow me on Facebook y'all.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Right about Chris.  He's only here for the followers.  He's already told us he has 1.2 million followers on Facebook, he already sang that one stupid song, and tonight, he sang again.

He showed us how "adorable" his bond is with his daughter.  She's adorable, but I think his FaceTime was just for show, as he could have kept that a private moment.  Most parents don't want their children shown on National T.V.

Cue the "heartbreaking", it's just not meant to be ending for Jada.  

Chris:  I travel so much, babe, it just wouldn't be fair to you.  You're the only woman I've introduced to my daughter, we were this close to making it work, but you know I live in upstate NY, aight??  

Jada:  But we could make it work.  I'm falling in love with you.  I'd be a great stepmom; I'd even consider moving!

Chris:  Jada, as much as I want to, and you know baby I do, it just won't work.

Chris, winking into the camera:  here's my insta-name, and follow me on Facebook y'all.

Hahaha, I was thinking almost the same thing.

And then he walks off camera to his “management” team and says “Was that enough to rebrand me as less a player? We can promote my new album with the broken hearted  single dad looking for a good girl wife angle.” 

Not that I think Jada is in this to find a husband either. She’s probably a paid actress to help improve his image. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

And then he walks off camera to his “management” team and says “Was that enough to rebrand me as less a player? We can promote my new album with the broken hearted  single dad looking for a good girl wife angle.” 

Ha ha ha!!!  Exactly!  They're probably making google payments right now for SEO so he can come up higher.  Sheesh.

• Love 3

Did Pastor Cal choke back a laugh when Jona announced his plans to propose to Brandin?  Wait, maybe that was me . . . I still don’t get what he sees in her—somehow I’m just not convinced she is the one leaving thoughtful little notes for the hotel staff!  That seems like something Jona might actually do!

This is sad, but I still can’t remember the names of the boring couple—I caught her comment that she broke up with her last boyfriend because he wasn’t texting her.  Is she someone who must have constant validation when not in the same room as her SO?  That doesn’t bode well for their relationship, with the amount of traveling he does.  He needs someone who has an identity beyond their relationship, strong/confident enough to stand the time apart.  I did laugh when he told her parents what he does for a living!

Speaking of bugging out eyes, how about when Kimber told Shannon’s Mom and sis (and apparently her own parents!) that she had lived with FOUR (yes! FOUR—count them on her fingers!) guys before she ‘moved in’ with Shannon!!  I think Shannon was probably praying for a hole to open up in the floor and swallow him up right at that moment!

I find the thought that Jada might be an actress hired to boost Chris’s image pretty interesting!  But, I kind of think he is looking for someone to be a mommy for his daughter while he’s out playing gigs all night.  While Jada’s ‘hotness’ level apparently came in second place (for him—I think she is really pretty!), he has been all about her sweet and caring nature.  I think she’s in for some heartbreak with him.

Edited by Real4real
  • Love 4

This is sad, but I still can’t remember the names of the boring couple—I caught her comment that she broke up with her last boyfriend because he wasn’t texting her.  Is she someone who must have constant validation when not in the same room as her SO?  That doesn’t bode well for their relationship, with the amount of traveling he does.  He needs someone who has an identity beyond their relationship, strong/confident enough to stand the time apart.  I did laugh when he told her parents what he does for a living!

I took her comments to mean that the guy she broke up with was one of those types who will pay attention to the 'girlfriend' when they are physically together, but basically wants nothing to do with her when they are apart.  I call that a 'sidepiece' rather than a 'girlfriend'.  She may not have been confident enough to know the difference.

Speaking of bugging out eyes, how about when Kimber told Shannon’s Mom and sis (and apparently her own parents!) that she had lived with FOUR (yes! FOUR—count them on her fingers!) guys before she ‘moved in’ with Shannon!!  I think Shannon was probably praying for a hole to open up in the floor and swallow him up right at that moment!

I just realized that since she considers the living arrangement with Shannon as 'moving in', then maybe her other 4 were also not-really-moving-in situations.

• Love 2

Something about Kimber bugs me - I think it's (to paraphrase the great Joey Tribbiani) - she's just not attractive enough to be on tv :D. The problems I have with the show are that the "experts" counsel these people as if they are in relationships, which they are not.  If I'm not into someone by the third date I stop dating them, I don't go into counseling.  The second is that unlike Bachelor in Paradise or Dating Naked - in those shows people go off to be on tv and get a tropical vacation, and if they come home having "found love" it's a bonus.  With this show where they have to PROPOSE or BREAK UP in the finale I think it takes away a lot of their (and therefore our) fun.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, b2H said:

I think I missed the final decision episode (haven’t been traveling the last two weeks).  Is anyone attempting marriage or was this whole series a big sham?

It just happened - Kimber/Shannon and Jona/Brandin are engaged.  Chris gave his lady whose name I forget a "commitment ring" and wants to see her in the real world before getting engaged.  Eric left Katie standing in her heels and little blue dress in the gazebo, while he left a note on the dresser and slunk out of the resort with his things.  Was there anyone else?  (Tyler and Isabella are still broken up :)

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, princelina said:

It just happened - Kimber/Shannon and Jona/Brandin are engaged.  Chris gave his lady whose name I forget a "commitment ring" and wants to see her in the real world before getting engaged.  Eric left Katie standing in her heels and little blue dress in the gazebo, while he left a note on the dresser and slunk out of the resort with his things.  Was there anyone else?  (Tyler and Isabella are still broken up :)

Really, all that happened tonight? I watched it but I must have fallen asleep because i missed that and thought it was going to happen next week lol.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I do know that in Canada we are a week behind.  We got a rerun a couple weeks ago.  That put us a week behind the US.  So we don't see the finale till next week.  

You might as well watch the finale if you've watched the show --but otherwise, I woudn't recommend it. Even that show with Vanessa and Dave was more interesting than "Happily Ever After: Fame Whore Island".

• Love 1

Good for Chris for not falling for the propose-or-break-up false choice.  Bad for Shannon for falling for it and proposing, when he isn't sure if he wants to spend the rest of his life with Kimber.  Everything about Shannon's and Kimber's words reads more like the concept behind what Chris did, which is "let's see where this goes in the real world".  

The next step is for us to find out how the couples have been doing since the filming ended.  I don't Follow any of these people, so I have no idea.  I did a quick Google search, but nothing came up. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, princelina said:

Chris gave his lady whose name I forget a "commitment ring" and wants to see her in the real world before getting engaged.

She lives in TX, & he has a daughter where he lives in NY. If the daughter has a mother or close family, it's not a great idea for him to move just for Jada. It didn't seem like she was willing to move to NY, so no way anything will happen there. I think he always knew that, got in whatever auditions he could, & gave her the ring to not look like a total douche.

20 hours ago, princelina said:

Eric left Katie standing in her heels and little blue dress in the gazebo, while he left a note on the dresser and slunk out of the resort with his things.

I didn't think much of Katie but Eric is a total douche for the cowardly way he handled that.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4

Kind of funny that these couple are told they HAVE to get engaged or break up.  There are several other choices....who is to stop them from re-connecting back in the States.  It's pretty stupid to get engaged during a fantasy vacation that shows you nothing how these people act in the real world.  Of course getting married to a stranger is not exactly the wisest thing either as we have witnessed!

• Love 4
On 12/11/2018 at 9:46 PM, princelina said:

Eric left Katie standing in her heels and little blue dress in the gazebo, while he left a note on the dresser and slunk out of the resort with his things.

That struck me as such a coward move.  At least talk to her face-to-face

• Love 5
On 2018-12-12 at 6:38 AM, LakeGal said:

I do know that in Canada we are a week behind.  We got a rerun a couple weeks ago.  That put us a week behind the US.  So we don't see the finale till next week.  

Thanks that explained a lot lol!

• Love 1