Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 35 (2018-2019)

Athena
  • Start Topic

I was glad they gave the woman on the end (whose name I already forget) their/they're.  I don't usually notice the judging but it does seem to be particularly wonky that last few days.  The BMSes seem to be.. um random because yeah, I don't know what the difference is between saying "Kennedy" and saying "Ritter". 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, AuntieL said:

yeah, I don't know what the difference is between saying "Kennedy" and saying "Ritter". 

There are at least 2 female Ritters (Kristen & Thelma (John's mother I believe)), but only 1 "President Kennedy"!

• Love 4

I could not get past "Bedtime For Bonzo", so was clueless for FJ.  And for some reason, I can't stop laughing about it! 

Agreed with all y'all above that Kennedy did not need a BMS.  Yeah, a bunch of them were politicians, but only one was President.  Also glad they corrected themselves on the they're/their response.  That was my first thought, too.  Not sure I would have come up with whose/who's.

I was sad that Dr. Johnny Fever ("Boooger!") wasn't a clue/response in the fever category.  I really hoped there'd be a clue about him.

The only TS/missed DD I wrote down were gold and Prozac.  I guess if none of them had heard of "Prozac Nation", they probably wouldn't have known about Johnny Fever, either, so perhaps it's just as well he wasn't a clue.  :)

• Love 9

I got gold, Pringles, Prozac, Appalachian Spring, and since I’m from Chicagoland and have cousins who went to Notre Dame, South Bend. Was definitely mad at the BMS for JFK, but I do wonder if they would have said it for my initial answer of Smith for 1984—I had brain freeze on the first name since I just reread The Dead Zone and couldn’t get “Johnny” out of my head.

• Love 4

I was shocked no one knew South Bend.  Thought it was very easy. 

I was even more shocked at the answers given being so bad. 

At least one was in the same state. 

A Hollywood movie premier in Iwo Jima?  In 1940? 

Agree about Kennedy and BMS.....only one was president, not needed.  And after all the ones where they really need to BMS and don't ask for it. 

I really don't care about the team all star match up.  Or about Alex's beard. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, lb60 said:

0-4

lol

Let's start a club! But I did get the hopscotch question, so I'm feeling pretty intellectual. LOL

8 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I was even more shocked at the answers given being so bad. 

At least one was in the same state. 

A Hollywood movie premier in Iwo Jima?  In 1940? 

I gave up and just said Hollywood, which I thought was stupid until I saw Iwo Jima.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Yeah, South Bend is super simple if you knew "Knute Rockne - All-American" premiered on that date. But that's two Kevin Bacons away from the right answer. The movie could have been "Hellcats of the Navy" (explains Iwo Jima IMO), "King's Row" or "Bedtime for Bonzo" if one didn't know when those movies came out. So I just said "Hollywood." Ronald Reagan was born and grew up a few miles from me and STILL I said Hollywood. (I guessed that's where Bonzo lived although maybe he/she -- Peggy played Bonzo -- was an Indiana chimp.) FJ was a classic case of IEIYKI.

Kyle and Shawn both got GFYs. Double drinks on the house.

Frankly my dear, I've never heard of gold fever as a saying or phrase. To me that's like saying I have burger fever when I'm hungry, or movie fever when I want to see a flick. Just two words put together but not a "real thing."

I would have been good with any of the three winning today, but was sort of happy when Kyle won again. I guess I like him. Must have something to do with WHERE HE LIVES, right Carpe?

I did get a laugh out of Kit Carson Kennedy though, so I was right along with some of you guys. Long live Kit Carson! And yeah, a doll is not a marionette.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

I could not get past "Bedtime For Bonzo", so was clueless for FJ.  And for some reason, I can't stop laughing about it! 

Agreed with all y'all above that Kennedy did not need a BMS.  Yeah, a bunch of them were politicians, but only one was President.  Also glad they corrected themselves on the they're/their response.  That was my first thought, too.  Not sure I would have come up with whose/who's.

I was sad that Dr. Johnny Fever ("Boooger!") wasn't a clue/response in the fever category.  I really hoped there'd be a clue about him.

The only TS/missed DD I wrote down were gold and Prozac.  I guess if none of them had heard of "Prozac Nation", they probably wouldn't have known about Johnny Fever, either, so perhaps it's just as well he wasn't a clue.  :)

And I was hoping for a Boogie Fever clue/response. Alas, it was not to be.

• Love 4

Good for you (DRINK!  ?), Kyle.

Again, with the judging!  How many guys named Kennedy were 35th President?  

I got gold (DD) and Prozac.

For FJ, after wondering where Bedtime for Bonzo was set, remembered Knute Rockne and screamed out, "Wherever Notre Dame is located!"

• Love 6
3 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

For FJ, after wondering where Bedtime for Bonzo was set, remembered Knute Rockne and screamed out, "Wherever Notre Dame is located!"

That's probably one better than my "Knute Rockne... a football place... midwest?" In my defense, I am a Canadian non sports fan. But I knew Hamilton, without having seen the musical.

I said gold, based on the year and.. did it give a location? The phrase "gold fever" doesn't have a familiar ring, but the concept sure does!

• Love 5

I missed the game last night, but I read the FJ question and would not have gotten it. I wondered if King's Row was a real place. After all, RR did use a line from that movie as the title of his autobiography, Where's the Rest of Me?

About specifying JFK, I'm thinking that Alex got confused because while there was only one President Kennedy, many others were involved in public life.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Yeah, South Bend is super simple if you knew "Knute Rockne - All-American" premiered on that date. But that's two Kevin Bacons away from the right answer. The movie could have been "Hellcats of the Navy" (explains Iwo Jima IMO), "King's Row" or "Bedtime for Bonzo" if one didn't know when those movies came out. So I just said "Hollywood." Ronald Reagan was born and grew up a few miles from me and STILL I said Hollywood. (I guessed that's where Bonzo lived although maybe he/she -- Peggy played Bonzo -- was an Indiana chimp.) FJ was a classic case of IEIYKI.

Kyle and Shawn both got GFYs. Double drinks on the house.

Frankly my dear, I've never heard of gold fever as a saying or phrase. To me that's like saying I have burger fever when I'm hungry, or movie fever when I want to see a flick. Just two words put together but not a "real thing."

I would have been good with any of the three winning today, but was sort of happy when Kyle won again. I guess I like him. Must have something to do with WHERE HE LIVES, right Carpe?

I did get a laugh out of Kit Carson Kennedy though, so I was right along with some of you guys. Long live Kit Carson! And yeah, a doll is not a marionette.

Ronald Reagan's by far most famous movie is KNute Rockne - All American.  I couldn't name another Ronald Reagan movie. 

I don't think you need to even know when the movie premiered, which I didn't.  You didn't even need to know the name of the movie.  Just a general idea what it was about and that it involved Notre Dame football, then where Notre Dame is in the country.  Its a little bit of a stretch to know all that, but not much.  Admittedly I grew up in central Indiana, so its second nature for me, but still, pretty much comes down to "Where is Notre Dame located?"

And as mentioned, even if you thought it was Hellcats of the Navy, they are not premiering that movie in Iwo Jima in 1940.

Heck you could even put "Notre Dame, INdiana", which though you may not know it is an actual city and is actually where Notre Dame University is located.  Take a chance, the weird judges might give it to you.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, peeayebee said:

The only unanswered clue I got was the DD, gold fever. I thought it was very easy.

As for FJ, I figured the movie was Knute Rockne, but I said, "What is wherever Notre Dame is."

Being from Indiana, I was perhaps a bit too close to this clue.  I knew what they were looking for right away, but I said, "What is Notre Dame, Indiana."  Because the fact is, the University of Notre Dame is not technically in South Bend.  It's in a little unincorporated community which is actually called Notre Dame, as shown in this wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame,_Indiana

So I would have said Notre Dame, Indiana, and would have argued about it if they had ruled it incorrect.  Ultimately it doesn't really matter, since no one got it, but the answer "South Bend" is not really correct.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, MrAtoz said:

Being from Indiana, I was perhaps a bit too close to this clue.  I knew what they were looking for right away, but I said, "What is Notre Dame, Indiana."  Because the fact is, the University of Notre Dame is not technically in South Bend.  It's in a little unincorporated community which is actually called Notre Dame, as shown in this wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame,_Indiana

So I would have said Notre Dame, Indiana, and would have argued about it if they had ruled it incorrect.  Ultimately it doesn't really matter, since no one got it, but the answer "South Bend" is not really correct.

I thought the very same thing, also being from Indiana, wondering if they were going for South Bend, IN or Notre Dame, IN.  And I do wonder if they could have accepted Notre Dame, IN. 

I think it depends on where the movie actually premiered, whether it was on the campus at Notre Dame or if it was in the surround area of South Bend. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I thought the very same thing, also being from Indiana, wondering if they were going for South Bend, IN or Notre Dame, IN.  And I do wonder if they could have accepted Notre Dame, IN. 

I think it depends on where the movie actually premiered, whether it was on the campus at Notre Dame or if it was in the surround area of South Bend. 

That may be true, since, as I recall, the wording of the clue had to do with what city Reagan was in.  This is one of those situations where knowing too much can be an impediment.

Maggie, the head contestant coordinator, actually talks about this sort of thing in her pre-show briefing of the contestants.  She says, "Don't overthink things, go with the most obvious answer."  I suppose in this case, South Bend is a bit more obvious, since it's better known.  Notre Dame barely qualifies as a town (wikipedia calls it "census-designated place"), since it basically consists of three college campuses, and almost nothing else.  You probably have to be local to the area to even know it exists as a separate community.

Speaking of contestants coordinators, I hope everyone has noticed that, in the quick bumper just before Final Jeopardy, they are now showing a little bit of the behind-the-scenes activity that goes on during the commercial breaks.  Rather than just showing the three contestants standing at their podiums, you can now see the contestant coordinators gathered around, checking that everything's okay, making sure the light pens work, keeping the contestants calm, and so forth.  Check it out in case you've been fast-forwarding through it.

• Love 7

Yes, I've been fast-forwarding thru it, but I'll check it out from now on. Thanks for the heads-up!

Universities is one of my (many) weak categories. Tulane is one of the few that I know where it's located, which is because a college professor went there. Funny how we remember some things.

• Love 2

I admit it, I honestly couldn't think of any movie besides Bedtime for Bonzo.  Heh, probably because when I think of the Gipper, my first though is Leslie Nielsen and his George Zip speech (win just one for the Zipper).

• Love 9

Contestant: "Who is Kennedy?" Alex: "Which one?". Which one????

That was pretty amusing! If anything, the "Saturday Night Fever" question should have garnered a BMS for the answer of just 'Travolta', because, y'know, Joey. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Ronald Reagan's by far most famous movie is KNute Rockne - All American.  I couldn't name another Ronald Reagan movie. 

I don't think you need to even know when the movie premiered, which I didn't.  You didn't even need to know the name of the movie.  Just a general idea what it was about and that it involved Notre Dame football, then where Notre Dame is in the country.  Its a little bit of a stretch to know all that, but not much.  Admittedly I grew up in central Indiana, so its second nature for me, but still, pretty much comes down to "Where is Notre Dame located?"

And as mentioned, even if you thought it was Hellcats of the Navy, they are not premiering that movie in Iwo Jima in 1940.

Heck you could even put "Notre Dame, INdiana", which though you may not know it is an actual city and is actually where Notre Dame University is located.  Take a chance, the weird judges might give it to you.

I couldn't have told you the movie - but I knew the "Gipper" - it took two of us to get it - my husband, the football fan from Indiana, and me, the movie "buff".

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Ronald Reagan's by far most famous movie is KNute Rockne - All American.

I beg to differ. When he was running for office, all anyone talked about was Bedtime for Bonzo, and there were tons of jokes about it. Yeah, we all know the line "Win one for the Gipper" but Bonzo, for some reason, is top of mind with Reagan's acting career. Well, probably because Reagan played second fiddle to a chimp. There's that.

I've been to Notre Dame multiple times, been to South Bend even more times, plus family lived there for a while. I've been everywhere in Indiana as a matter of fact. I live minutes from where Reagan was born/grew up. He worked here as a broadcaster before he went off to be famous. Still, I thought Bonzo so said Hollywood. I need to look up where Professor Reagan worked while he did the Bonzo study. That'd be hilarious if it was Notre Dame.

3 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

I admit it, I honestly couldn't think of any movie besides Bedtime for Bonzo. 

"I am not alone!" Saber cried!

4 hours ago, MrAtoz said:

Speaking of contestants coordinators, I hope everyone has noticed that, in the quick bumper just before Final Jeopardy, they are now showing a little bit of the behind-the-scenes activity that goes on during the commercial breaks.

I saw that and was going to comment on it, then couldn't remember if it was for Jeopardy or some other show so didn't. So (heh) thanks for the confirmation that it is indeed Jeopardy. I find it very interesting since otherwise we viewers (well, make that I) think contestants stand around shuffling feet during commercial breaks while Trebek gets his makeup refreshed.

I appreciate your behind-the-scenes insight MrAtoz. Thanks.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 8

I knew the movie referenced in FJ, although I'll confess to thinking of Bedtime for Bonzo first, and I figured the premiere was at Notre Dame but couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the town in Indiana.  I said Bowling Green knowing full well that's in Kentucky.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I knew gold, but did not know Prozac.

17 hours ago, Sharpie66 said:

I got gold, Pringles, Prozac, Appalachian Spring, and since I’m from Chicagoland and have cousins who went to Notre Dame, South Bend. Was definitely mad at the BMS for JFK, but I do wonder if they would have said it for my initial answer of Smith for 1984—I had brain freeze on the first name since I just reread The Dead Zone and couldn’t get “Johnny” out of my head.

I should've known Appalachian Spring but got hung up on Fanfare for the Common Man, and was trying to relate that to mountains somehow.

I said Winston for the 1984 clue - maybe they'd have given me that one?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I saw that and was going to comment on it, then couldn't remember if it was for Jeopardy or some other show so didn't. So (heh) thanks for the confirmation that it is indeed Jeopardy. I find it very interesting since otherwise we viewers (well, make that I) think contestants stand around shuffling feet during commercial breaks while Trebek gets his makeup refreshed.

I appreciate your behind-the-scenes insight MrAtoz. Thanks.

Actually there's quite a bit going on during the breaks.  Somebody brings little bottles of water out for each contestant.  You may or may not get your makeup touched up, depending on how much you sweat! :-)  And three contestant coordinators come out--one for each podium--to stand with you, give you encouragement, ask you if you need anything.  They are relentlessly positive and encouraging, even when you're deep in the hole!  Meanwhile Alex is answering questions from the audience.  He's actually pretty charming and funny in that context, although I imagine that he gets a lot of the same questions every day, and so has his wisecracking answers down pat.

This is also where some of the corrections come from.  If one of your answers has been ruled wrong, and you're sure that you were right, you're supposed to bring it up with your coordinator during the next commercial break.  They will relay that to the judges, who may or may not decide to reverse their previous ruling.  Sometimes the judges make that decision on their own, if someone gives a response they weren't expecting, but often times it's actually the result of a contestant objecting!

• Love 14
16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Yeah, South Bend is super simple if you knew "Knute Rockne - All-American" premiered on that date.

I knew they were referring to Knute Rockne - All-American, but couldn't remember the name of the city.  Maybe if I'd said the University of Notre Dame's city?

15 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Loved the cowbell category and how they jumped all over it. Cowbell!

More cowbell, indeed!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, MrAtoz said:

Actually there's quite a bit going on during the breaks.  Somebody brings little bottles of water out for each contestant.  You may or may not get your makeup touched up, depending on how much you sweat! :-)  And three contestant coordinators come out--one for each podium--to stand with you, give you encouragement, ask you if you need anything.  They are relentlessly positive and encouraging, even when you're deep in the hole!  Meanwhile Alex is answering questions from the audience.  He's actually pretty charming and funny in that context, although I imagine that he gets a lot of the same questions every day, and so has his wisecracking answers down pat.

This is also where some of the corrections come from.  If one of your answers has been ruled wrong, and you're sure that you were right, you're supposed to bring it up with your coordinator during the next commercial break.  They will relay that to the judges, who may or may not decide to reverse their previous ruling.  Sometimes the judges make that decision on their own, if someone gives a response they weren't expecting, but often times it's actually the result of a contestant objecting!

Jeez, I don't remember all that happening when I was on Jeopardy.  Maybe it's changed, or maybe I've just forgotten.  I do remember all of us walking to center stage and having a conversation with Alex about the skinless body exhibition , although I'm fairly sure I said nothing because I was trying very hard not to burst into tears at losing.

• Love 6

Thanks for the info MrAtoz. I've posted here before about Jeopardy tapings I've been to, my biggest takeaway was Trebek being crude, at least to my young 20-somthing-year-old ears. I don't remember any assistants coming on stage for the players. My coolest memory is the future contestants, all sitting together in the audience, be-bopping and singing along to the Jeopardy theme song when it played. They were having a good time.

Others have posted about contestants getting advice during breaks on how to buzz in better if they were having problems. If I were ever on this show, I would require a full staff of at least 20 people, then a cart to wheel my body out after taping ended.

And a box of Kleenex for the reason proserpina65 just posted!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, MrAtoz said:

You mean you're not supposed to raise your hand and jump up and down like a second grader?  Wasn't it Creepy Serial Killer Eyes Pranjal who did that?

Thanks for all the behind the scenes info, @MrAtoz.  It's fascinating.

Does anyone else think that the Insufferable Buzzy came up with the idea of this lame sounding All Stars Tournament?  It sounds like a cluster to me.  I always enjoyed the fact that, except for the TOC, after an asshat was gone you never had to see them again.  Now we have Buzzy randomly showing up in the audience doing stupid self-promotional stunts and reappearing as a "team captain".  And don't get me started on Austin and Colby.  Blech!

• Love 9

That's interesting.  They may have changed the practice in recent years.  It's hard to imagine just standing there by yourself the whole commercial break, with only the other contestants to talk to.  I liked having someone there who was a little detached from the experience.  And like I said, the contestant coordinators are a pretty calming influence, and will give you encouragement (and yes, if necessary, advice on getting the rhythm of the signalling device down).  What they won't do is help you with your math for Final Jeopardy, or give you any advice on wagering.  Even if you ask nicely. :-)

It was kind of fun sitting with the other contestants, waiting for my turn.  Although the waiting part is kind of nerve-wracking, too.  By the time the taping starts, you've already spent a couple of hours with the other contestants, so you've become--if not really friends--at least people sharing an exciting experience.  Another fun, and sometimes frustrating, thing about watching the games before yours is saying to yourself, "Why couldn't I have had that board?  I would have killed on that one!"

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ABay said:

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who didn't think the cowbell skit was a work of comedic genius. 

Add I'm-cranky-today me to your Unfunny Cowbell group -- of two. Heh.

1 hour ago, MrAtoz said:

Another fun, and sometimes frustrating, thing about watching the games before yours is saying to yourself, "Why couldn't I have had that board?  I would have killed on that one!"

Even worse, you know those great-for-you categories aren't going to come up again any time soon. At least not during your reign. If there is one! I remember you stayed longer than most, MrAtoz.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrAtoz said:

That's interesting.  They may have changed the practice in recent years.  It's hard to imagine just standing there by yourself the whole commercial break, with only the other contestants to talk to.  I liked having someone there who was a little detached from the experience.  And like I said, the contestant coordinators are a pretty calming influence, and will give you encouragement (and yes, if necessary, advice on getting the rhythm of the signalling device down).  What they won't do is help you with your math for Final Jeopardy, or give you any advice on wagering.  Even if you ask nicely. :-)

It was kind of fun sitting with the other contestants, waiting for my turn.  Although the waiting part is kind of nerve-wracking, too.  By the time the taping starts, you've already spent a couple of hours with the other contestants, so you've become--if not really friends--at least people sharing an exciting experience.  Another fun, and sometimes frustrating, thing about watching the games before yours is saying to yourself, "Why couldn't I have had that board?  I would have killed on that one!"

Well, it has been 6 years, so I could just have forgotten.

If I had been in the 2nd or 3rd game filmed on my day, I'd have won.  I got both final Jeopardy questions when none of the contestants involved did.  But noooo, I had to get game 4 and the champ who was faster on the buzzer.

I've never found the cowbell sketch to be that funny, but it was memorable.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I've never found the cowbell sketch to be that funny, but it was memorable.

Because it keeps being shown over and over on specials and reruns.

For anyone having J6 problems, today jeopardy.com actually let me see the quiz for today, not Monday! So yeay! Then it put the answers on the right, like Opus showed in his/her screen grab! Double yeay yeay! Then halfway through the Double Jeopardy round, clues/answers kept repeating over themselves before I could read/answer, then the screen froze and that was the end of that.

I guess some progress is better than none. I guess.

2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I do remember all of us walking to center stage and having a conversation with Alex about the skinless body exhibition

I really think this calls for a BMS, proser. Say what? skinless body exhibition? Whaa?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

like Opus showed in his/her screen grab!

His.

If you remember my Valerie Bertinelli talk from last season, that was straightfoward

Glad your J6 playing is starting to come back :)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, opus said:

His.

If you remember my Valerie Bertinelli talk from last season, that was straightfoward

Opus, in my mind you are a 15-year-old male but I did not want to make assumptions so left it ... well, generic. I should have made it even more so: "... as in the screen grab Opus posted."

And there is nothing wrong with being 15, real or imagined. No offense intended! Quite the contrary,

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I imagine it's this: Skinless Body Exhibition. It came to my area, and I was definitely not interested, since these are real bodies (or parts thereof).

Oh, wow, so cool. I'd go in a heartbeat. The Chicago Museum of Science and Industry has a body sliced vertically with the slices displayed in plexiglas. It's my favorite exhibit. The SB exhibition reminds me of my anatomy class; we had to draw a skeleton, then every week we would be assigned certain muscles/tendons we had to paint on acetate overflaps until we had the entire body (sans skin) complete by end of semester. I got an A-, one of my favorite classes.

No, I'm not really creepy IRL. Well, at least I don't think so. Living on a farm exposes one to certain things city folk don't get to/have to see.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I'd go in a heartbeat

Since you mentioned the Museum of Science & Industry, I assume you're close to Chicago (if not in). I believe a few years back (ok, maybe 10) the Skinless exhibit (or something similar) was here, either at the M of S&I or at the Field Museum, so you could have gone.

ETA: 7 years ago. Here's the link: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-01-04/opinion/ct-live-0105-body-worlds-20110104_1_plastinated-body-worlds-body-worlds

Edited by illdoc
googled it.
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Opus, in my mind you are a 15-year-old male but I did not want to make assumptions so left it ... well, generic. I should have made it even more so: "... as in the screen grab Opus posted."

And there is nothing wrong with being 15, real or imagined. No offense intended! Quite the contrary,

Considering other things I've been called over the years, I graciously accept "15 year old male".

As for tonight's show, loved the TV Guide category, and in fact, they had written in it that it was coming.  (I still subscribe. Costs me $20 a year).

• Love 4

Is it just me, or has it seemed like there have been fewer TS so far this season?  Or maybe it's just fewer TS that I've been able to answer.  Tonight I randomly guessed train station -- no idea why I even thought of that.  I know nothing of German.  And I also got the missed DD of LBJ.

But I was clueless (again) for FJ, as usual.  It all made perfect sense when Alex told us the answer, though.

I had no idea there was still a print version of TV Guide!

I felt bad for Riley.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, opus said:

Considering other things I've been called over the years, I graciously accept "15 year old male".

Oh, whew. Good. I'm glad you are okay with that. That, and because I'm 12.

Andrew's son got a "Good for him." Is that half a drink?

I got the missed DD of Ambrose Bierce. My mom had The Devil's Dictionary in her bookcase, and I would sneak reads in it when she wasn't around. It's shocking reading for a 12 year old.

I felt sorry for Riley, she was working that buzzer but just couldn't beat the boys.

So who is the Egyptian Sun God, Aton/Aten or my answer of Ra? I was taught Ra in my Egyptology classes. Doing an online search said it is/was/could be both.

I loved the TV Guide category too, except it was way too easy. Well, maybe only easy if one is old enough to remember when those shows were first run. Lucille Ball being pregnant and having a child while doing her show was SHOCKINGLY GROUNDBREAKING!

I've already forgotten FJ.

• Love 3