Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Fantasies and Firsts

• Start Topic

Well... I think the "experts" had problems matching people up. Amber and Dave have seemingly nothing in common and barely operate at the same wavelength. There are many guys out there who dig the bleached blond, high maintenance Jessica Simpson look, but Dave doesnt seem to be one of them. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 12
51 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

The hair conversation was probably the most supportive I had seen Dave be with Amber, & she was misreading him there (see, I can be fair).  But I do think she's jumpy & on edge with him from all the other critical comments. As I've said before I feel they're bringing out the worst in each other.

And yes I think the regular boinking is making the time more bearable for Dave. It's a good point that she may be having regular sex with him because that's where she feels most accepted. Hopefully that's not the case, but she is rather desperate for his acceptance, so unfortunately it's possible.

I'm pretty sure that's Amber's way of trying to get Dave to love her. And that's pathetic. Amber should never have been 'chosen' for MAFS, she has far too many emotional problems. (There's the main reason I think these 'experts' are either unspeakably incompetent idiots, or choosing the subjects for their "experiment" by focusing on who will create the most drama for the show.)

As for Mia and Tristan, I'm sure you've noticed that I've lost most of my sympathy toward him. He seems very domineering in the way he tells Mia what to do, and that's a characteristic I despise in husbands.

Of course, that does not mean I like Mia any better than I did before.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Lily247 said:

Well... I think the "experts" had problems matching people up. Amber and Dave have seemingly nothing in common and barely operate at the same wavelength. There are many guys out there who dig the bleached blond, high maintenance Jessica Simpson look, but Dave doesnt seem to be one of them. 

I'm trying to remember why the experts even matched them originally. Was it because both are older and looking to start families? They differ on so many important issues: finances, religion, ways of communicating...

• Love 5

The ONLY answer to that "Meant to Provoke Jealousy,  Insecurity, Interrogations, or All of the Above"  Fishbowl question of "What was the wildest thing someone asked you to do in bed?" is...... 

"To sleep with them on the wedding night, after marrying at first sight." ?

• Love 15
16 hours ago, PityFree said:

Dave should have told the experts* that he wanted a woman who had a more natural look and was very low maintenance.  It is clear to me that Dave is completely turned off by how much upkeep Amber requires in addition to her insecurities about her looks.

Maybe he wouldn't mind it if she ended up looking good - lots of upkeep for those hair, skin and nails seems like a bit of a waste of time.  He doesn't seem bothered by the upkeep on her body!

3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

That used to be called "giving with one hand and taking away with the other" or a "backhanded compliment".

Howard Wolowitz called it "negging"  - it didn't work for him either :)

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Those two are sizzling hot, aren't they? lol. Snore. I still like them, though. They can't help it if they're boring as all hell. Not enough pets this episode!

I hate that fishbowl exercise! I'll be damned if I'm going to tell my fantasies to this person I hardly know (much less in front of the world) and then tell my partner what they are not doing in the bedroom to satisfy me. How intrusive and in bad taste. Come up with something else, coaches, or therapists or what ever the heck they are. 

For all we know they are having wild sexy times more often than Dave and Amber, they just don't want to say it on tv, to be forever remembered by their families and friends.  I don't believe his biggest fantasy is seeing her in a hat and t-shirt any more than I believe that Mia's biggest fantasy is having Tristan dressed up like a doughnut.  

• Love 15

Amber continues to misrepresent what Dave says to her in an attempt to get the "experts" to be on her side.  I feel like she backs Dave into a corner.  She expresses a concern (her hair falling out) and Dave, like many of us, wants to help fix or resolve the issue.  When she continues to state that she identifies as a blonde and he asks the question, like many of us would have, why does she see herself as a blonde she goes right to 'you don't understand as you're not a girl.'  Well, I'm female and I'd ask the same question.  Then it all turns into "he wants me to go back to brunette because that's what he likes."  I think what he wants is for Amber to be happy, but she really rarely is happy.

Mia is a very practiced liar and drama queen.  She definitely has a go-to for deflecting her actions and words.  She denies, denies, denies or states that she doesn't understand.  The deny, deny, deny strategy worked in deflecting her detainment/arrest and in getting the "experts" to support her and direct Tristan to support her and stay married to her.  After the luncheon she kept telling Tristan she didn't understand until he finally gave up.  She also uses the 'don't mention it again and move forward' strategy to ensure that there is not a long-term discussion about her misdeeds.  

Now, these observations and opinions do not mean that I fully support Dave and Tristan; it's more that I see far more manipulation on the part of Amber and Mia.  Danielle and Bobby?  I actually kind of hope that they will stay married.  For Henry and Nelly's sake if not their own.

• Love 13

I'm almost sure the reason they have sex twice a day is that it's the only way, place and time that they are communicating well!!  I realize that it is the most base (grammar?) of the types of communication that humans have but when it's literally all you have left, it makes complete sense!!  I don't think they realize it yet but I think they will soon.

I was in that situation almost 20 years ago with a boyfriend of 2.5 years.  He was my first serious relationship as an adult and thought he could be The One.  He wasn't.  Eventually the relationship was dying a slow death and really should've been put out of it's misery earlier but we forged on til there was really only the intimate physical part left.  I don't think we were even holding hands, kissing hello/good-bye or touching much.  We didn't even really talk when we were together as there wasn't anything to talk about but the inevitable.  BUT somehow the very intimate physical part was left intact and it was used to "communicate" since all others were on life support or already dead.  I realized it, even said something about it.  It's not a good feeling at all.         

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

I'm almost sure the reason they have sex twice a day is that it's the only way, place and time that they are communicating well!!  I realize that it is the most base (grammar?) of the types of communication that humans have but when it's literally all you have left, it makes complete sense!!  I don't think they realize it yet but I think they will soon.

I was in that situation almost 20 years ago with a boyfriend of 2.5 years.  He was my first serious relationship as an adult and thought he could be The One.  He wasn't.  Eventually the relationship was dying a slow death and really should've been put out of it's misery earlier but we forged on til there was really only the intimate physical part left.  I don't think we were even holding hands, kissing hello/good-bye or touching much.  We didn't even really talk when we were together as there wasn't anything to talk about but the inevitable.  BUT somehow the very intimate physical part was left intact and it was used to "communicate" since all others were on life support or already dead.  I realized it, even said something about it.  It's not a good feeling at all.         

Very good explanation!

I'm not sure that's exactly what's happening with these two, but I'd like to think it is...  It's so much better than the other scenarios that come to mind.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Meowwww said:

ristan keeps saying “a light lunch”.  

He means a casual lunch.  A light lunch is a piece of toast and maybe a banana. 

I noticed that too.  Just because someone is eating light for lunch doesn't mean all conversation must strictly adhere to discussion about your health or the weather.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Very good explanation!

I'm not sure that's exactly what's happening with these two, but I'd like to think it is...  It's so much better than the other scenarios that come to mind.

The only difference is theirs is at the beginning of a basically dead relationship and ours was at the end. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

With his BBQ, his level and tape measure, golf, polo and shorts, and mild girl in a hat fantasies, Bobby has "dad" written all over him. He's a dad without kids (except for dogs). 

LOL!!!  He's every minute of a 40+ year old guy with/without kids!  

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

With his BBQ, his level and tape measure, golf, polo and shorts, and mild girl in a hat fantasies, Bobby has "dad" written all over him. He's a dad without kids (except for dogs). 

It's so funny because he has a very young face (I'd bet he gets carded) but everything else about him reads as 45+. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Sorry late to the party...

Unfiltered: Dr. Jessica, Danielle, PISSED Amber...gf didn't even try to hide how po'ed she is

First 2 minutes is Danielle gushing about her marriage...Amber looks like she would love to wring her neck to shut Danielle up ...

Showing the 7.5 scenes in the furniture store...PIP Amber stoned face watching

Why Amber is still so butt hurt about the unfair 7.5

She and Dave have different work schedules and she was so tired when she got home so she couldn't do more household tasks, hence the failed laundry.

Dave should have told a white lie and given her a higher rating because he knows she is insecure.

Unfair to rate her as a wife after only 3 weeks into the marriage.

The 7.5 rating means she is not an equal partner to Dave.

Amber not buying got Dr. Jessica's blah blah...see the 7.5 as an opportunity for growth...not a barrier in her marriage.

Amber needs to give herself positive self talks when she is insecure...

Amber yammering and moaning made this 30 minute show seem like an hour...am sure we will be hearing about her 7.5 at the Decision Day show and the Reunion show...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
(edited)

Dave's reason for putting up with Amber's insecurities, idiotic proclamations that she blurts out without thinking, slacking in pulling her weight in the housework, ridiculous beauty costs in money and time, Paisley...

SEX EVERY NIGHT AND IN THE MORNING.

2 ugghhs/day provide enough endorphins for Dave to put up with Amber's never ending problems....every man in the world would understand why he stays with Amber...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3

Amber is still salty about the 7.5 but part of me can't even be mad.  It is one thing to think she got rated a little low but than to find out she rated the lowest out of all 3 wives, including stalking, thieving, lying liar face Mia. That my friends is a double whammy with a side of bitch are you kidding me!! 

Amber needs to learn how to give shade back to Dave. I bet if Amber mentioned his disappearing hair and struggle edges he would end the experiment asap. 

15 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Tristan is already on the edge with Mia after all the BS she's put him through, but then to out him about the possible move and telling her family that "he's not feeling comfortable" was totally inconsiderate/humiliating, plus I think she threw him under the bus.  She acts clueless like she doesn't know why all this would bother him, but I would never have done that to anyone I had just gotten involved with, especially in front of my family.  I would have made sure they were OK with talking about such an important and personal development between us first, especially one that was still left undecided.  It was like she "accidentally on purpose" wanted him to look bad in front of them.  What bothered me even more was the way her sister acted about it.  Tristan is always being put in the hot seat by Mia's family (like the way her father grilled him after the wedding), meanwhile Mia herself is arrested, is suspected of stalking a guy, lies multiple times, but HER family is skeptical of HIM?  WTF is wrong with this picture?  They have some freaking nerve!

Accidentally on purpose is right. Mia is quite the manipulator. She knows she doesn't want to move to Houston, but she won't say it to Tristan. So she brings it up to her outspoken sister so she can do her dirty work. She wanted her sister to do just what she did that’s why she mentioned the move. I refuse to believe that Tristan didn't clarify beyond 'light lunch.' They was context to that conversations. Mia failing to understand in that scene made her look like a robot who can't understand human emotion and subtlety. 

Not only that but did anyone notice during the girl's spa day, Mia had the nerve to fix her mouth and say that the arguments between her and Tristan aren't major? Then she positions herself as a victim by saying that Tristan raises his voice to her almost alluding to anger issues or mental abuse. Gurllll..... If Mia was smarter and more cunning she would totally be able to Gone Girl Tristan's ass. 

That Donut fantasy sounded like it would be Homer Simpson's. 

treehouse-of-horror-iv2.png?w=655

15 hours ago, PityFree said:

I agree. She apparently uses 17  different products on her skin before bed, and I’m sure she uses more in the morning. That’s not even including things like cleansers or her actual make up. But the end result is skin that looks bad: it looks dry, there’s no glow, it’s not smooth, etc. She certainly doesn’t look any younger than her actual age.  I’m sure all of her various creams and lotions cost a pretty penny, but they are useless. 

Her skin looked real rough in her hair is fried and falling out scene. 

9 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Amber needs someone who doesn't mind constantly telling her that she's the prettiest or the most beautiful or the perfect wife. That constant validation is tiresome. Dave isn't that great, but she's exhausting.

Last night, I feel like at least 1/3 or more of the cast said Amber was beautiful. Mia, Bobby, Tristan, one of the Doctors and I think it was said it on the unfiltered show by Danielle and the host of the Unfiltered show. It is frigging ridiculous and I bet it still isn't enough for her! She isn't ugly but ... come on now. I am the only one seeing William Dafoe in a wig?

I appreciate Danielle for trying to keep her relationship private and saying she’s not trying to take on their bullshit. She is smarter than her brows would lead me to think. LOL! 

Speaking of Danielle's brows, I'm starting to think they are tattoos. What a disaster. They are like bolded open ended parentheses over each eye. She would be prettier without them. Danielle has too much brow and Amber has too little. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
16 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Amber needs to learn how to give shade back to Dave. I bet if Amber mentioned his disappearing hair and struggle edges he would end the experiment asap. 

Agreed. But the way she's being edited she'd just look like a bitch for it.

17 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Last night, I feel like at least 1/3 or more of the cast said Amber was beautiful. Mia, Bobby, Tristan, one of the Doctors and I think it was said it on the unfiltered show by Danielle and the host of the Unfiltered show. It is frigging ridiculous and I bet it still isn't enough for her!

To each his own, regardless, I still think she's just not getting what she needs from Dave - her husband - to feel accepted & beautiful. He may pay it some lip service, but as others have said they're typically back handed compliments or soon followed up with a criticism. I can't totally blame her for being insecure with him & it won't get any better for her with someone like him.

They need to break up so he can work on his critical nature & she can work on her insecurities, that way they don't take this crap into another relationship.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

She expresses a concern (her hair falling out) and Dave, like many of us, wants to help fix or resolve the issue.

Ah, yes. But one of the most valuable things I learned in counseling is to NOT do that. Unless you explicitly hear the words "what do you think" "what do you think I should do" "what would you do" or some version of it after such a concern/complaint, most likely your partner is just venting and not looking for a fix, as they will feel it diminishes their feelings. 

Now, I say that for the normal people out there. Amber is clearly still hung up on the brunette thing and trying (unsuccessfully) to fish for compliments.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, PityFree said:

“ you smell really good; it’s almost over-powering.” -Dave, trying to be romantic and failing

As someone allergic to perfume, I spotted Amber as an over-perfumer the minute I saw her.  You get a sense about these things to learn to avoid exposure.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Speaking of Danielle's brows, I'm starting to think they are tattoos. What a disaster. They are like bolded open ended parentheses over each eye. She would be prettier without them. Danielle has too much brow and Amber has too little. 

I thought that too early on, but there was a scene in an earlier episode where she must have had her face washed and they were not nearly as offensive. I think she just uses a brown cream/pencil/whatever the heck she uses that is the wrong shade and that's combined with not watching youtube videos on how to use such things properly. I say this as someone who overplucked in the 90s and has a lot of sparse spots. I watched the heck out of a bunch of youtube videos when the new bunch of products came out a few years ago beyond brow pencils. The best combo for me is a cream followed by tiny bit of brow powder to really set it and make it look more matte. She just needs someone to teach her.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Disappointing episode...

No Henry and one second Danielle playing with Nelly in the toy basket.

Amber's never ending endless problems...now it is her over processed rat's nest on top of her head breaking off in chunks...

Mia throwing Tristan under the bus, backing up and driving over him again...

Tristan you meant light conversation...a "light lunch" is a soup with salad...don't make me baby you through what you mean when you talk...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8

Since Mia broke the trust (again) by telling her family about Houston, Tristan could have asked the family if they knew about her record.  That would have changed the conversation.  Of course, that would be the wrong thing to do.

I am glad Tristan is finally saying Mia and me this episode.  Owning and running a tutoring company I would expect his English to be better

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Tristan keeps saying “a light lunch”.  

He means a casual lunch.  A light lunch is a piece of toast and maybe a banana. 

LOL I kept thinking,  like--a salad? For a "tutor," he's not terribly bright.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Amber needs to learn how to give shade back to Dave.

15 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Agreed. But the way she's being edited she'd just look like a bitch for it.

I think she was trying to do this after the perfume comment when she snarked back, "Oh, I guess I should put some more on then" or something like that. It was actually the correct response and he laughed it off too. I think things would be better between them if she just responded that way to him.

None of these "fantasies" measured up to last year's pole dancing episode with  Shawniece and Jephte. Nothing can compare to Jephte raining bills down and Shawniece sliding down the pole and landing on her ass......

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

LOL I kept thinking,  like--a salad? For a "tutor," he's not terribly bright.

He's not one the tutors, he's the owner.  One doesn't have to be a certified teacher to own one.   I worked at a tutoring franchise in the '90's and we all had to be certified in that state.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Don’t forget his glass of milk with dinner.

• Love 7

I was so annoyed with the "Unfiltered" episode... first of all, Jamie Otis.  Baring her teeth, acting all dishy when she's just downright annoying.  And she was saying "Drpepper" so fast you could barely understand it.  Then going on and on and on about "The 7.5 Rating," as if it were something really official like an LSAT score or an earthquake rating.  Good Lord, move on.  Amber's face told it all.  I'm guessing they did not stay married.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

It appeared Mia was doing all she could to avoid kissing Tristan in the donut scene as well.

She said she was more interested in the donuts than in Tristan. She probably meant it as a joke but seems like there's truth behind it.

• Love 9

I do understand what she means though about not feeling like herself as a brunette. I have terrible hair and the real solution is to cut it short. They gave me a Demi Moore in Ghost hairstyle once where the hair is brushed forward and therefore covers the bald spot. Everyone said it look great but I did not feel right. I didn't feel like myself, I need long hair. Although I can't grow it past my shoulders, my dream in life was to have long hair. I just cannot do short hair and it would indeed solve a lot of  my problems.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, snarky snarkerson said:

Ah, yes. But one of the most valuable things I learned in counseling is to NOT do that. Unless you explicitly hear the words "what do you think" "what do you think I should do" "what would you do" or some version of it after such a concern/complaint, most likely your partner is just venting and not looking for a fix, as they will feel it diminishes their feelings. 

Now, I say that for the normal people out there. Amber is clearly still hung up on the brunette thing and trying (unsuccessfully) to fish for compliments.

I agree in many situations, but for some things the fix seems to be the only logical response.  Specifically when the fix is merely "Then why don't you stop doing that?"

4 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

I do understand what she means though about not feeling like herself as a brunette. I have terrible hair and the real solution is to cut it short. They gave me a Demi Moore in Ghost hairstyle once where the hair is brushed forward and therefore covers the bald spot. Everyone said it look great but I did not feel right. I didn't feel like myself, I need long hair. Although I can't grow it past my shoulders, my dream in life was to have long hair. I just cannot do short hair and it would indeed solve a lot of  my problems.

I do too - my ideal hair is big long curly Italian hair.  Instead I have a flat, stringy mop that looks a million times better short.  So that's what I do.  And if my color were causing it to fall out, I'd decide I'd rather be gray than bald.  I totally agree with Dave's "it seems logical to me" on that one.

• Love 4
(edited)

Totally nailed it (see what I did there...nail salon) that the girls get together would end up with Amber and Mia wanting to shank Danielle.

Amber seems to want revenge for her 7.5 rating by trying to get Danielle to reveal dirt on her marriage.

Danielle's tight lipped answer did not make Amber happy... she refuses to believe Danielle..."It can't all be sunshine and rainbows"

Jealous much, Amber?

Danielle's TH then delivers a second punch to Amber with "You can only give so much of yourself to others' problems."

Meaning Buzz off, you old hag....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

In one of the earlier Unfiltereds, Bobby said he has a BAD CASE OF BABY FACE.... inside Bobby's 27 year old body is a 40 year old Renaissance Dad finally able to emerge...he cooks, he cleans, he shops, he packs the lunches, he hangs pictures straight, he barbecues kebobs with coals, he walks the dogs, he golfs, he hunts, he plumbs, he'll get you out of debt...

I want this guy! Although Bobby isn’t physically my type and his baby face makes me feel even older than I am. Still, so far, and I feel like with this show there has to be a qualifier, he seems pretty great. I’ll take a side of him with some sex twice a day (leave me alone, I’ve been single quite awhile) and maybe throw in some of Tristan’s entrepreneurial spirit too. 

Amber confirms to me, every time she whines, that she’s exhausting to deal with. Ugh. Unless they cut out big chunks of conversation no one told her to go brunette so she would be Dave’s type. She hears whatever insecurity voice is yelling in her head, not the actual words. Their balcony date felt like one of The Bachelor two on one dates and they were about to have the talk before the person learns they aren’t getting the one rose available. Awkward and forced with some uncomfortable physical interaction. 

Mia and Tristan gross me out because I find her disgusting and I’m disgusted that he hasn’t bailed. How many times does she have to lie or manipulate him or throw him under the bus before he screams, “Enough!”  

I want Ricky Bobby and Danielle to make it. I hope their boring behavior is because they’re keeping their private stuff private. Either that or they’re actually *gasp* a little bit normal. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Amber continues to misrepresent what Dave says to her in an attempt to get the "experts" to be on her side.  I feel like she backs Dave into a corner.  She expresses a concern (her hair falling out) and Dave, like many of us, wants to help fix or resolve the issue.  When she continues to state that she identifies as a blonde and he asks the question, like many of us would have, why does she see herself as a blonde she goes right to 'you don't understand as you're not a girl.'  Well, I'm female and I'd ask the same question.  Then it all turns into "he wants me to go back to brunette because that's what he likes."  I think what he wants is for Amber to be happy, but she really rarely is happy.

Mia is a very practiced liar and drama queen.  She definitely has a go-to for deflecting her actions and words.  She denies, denies, denies or states that she doesn't understand.  The deny, deny, deny strategy worked in deflecting her detainment/arrest and in getting the "experts" to support her and direct Tristan to support her and stay married to her.  After the luncheon she kept telling Tristan she didn't understand until he finally gave up.  She also uses the 'don't mention it again and move forward' strategy to ensure that there is not a long-term discussion about her misdeeds.  

Now, these observations and opinions do not mean that I fully support Dave and Tristan; it's more that I see far more manipulation on the part of Amber and Mia.  Danielle and Bobby?  I actually kind of hope that they will stay married.  For Henry and Nelly's sake if not their own.

I think you the nail on the head... I think Amber is just a B**** Mia is a compulsive liar.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Danielle's reason for not saying "I love you" to Bobby...

She wants to make sure she's in love with Bobby ...and not in love with the living situation he's provided for her.

"I just want to make sure I'm not confusing love of the situation with being in love with Bobby.  I mean, we are only three weeks into our relationship."

The smartest insight anyone has had in MAFS's history.

Danielle knows she has a good set up... nice house, big yard for Henry and her foster dogs, meals prepared and cooked for her, fun in-laws, a good man in Bobby.

If she loves Bobby she can have it all...if she doesn't love Bobby then she knows she has to do the right thing and walk away.

Henry will be inconsolable...

Eh , I'm betting the producers are making them wait till the last episode to say I love you to each other because otherwise , they have nothing left to watch of their relationship . They did that with Ashley and Anthony when there was no other drama for them . 

• Love 9
(edited)

Watching Dave and Tristan be so happy for Bobby contrasts with Amber's bitchiness towards Danielle because she has no advice to help a felon and mis-hearing, poor pitiful me "blond" in their spiraling downward marriages.

The men are showing their softer, joyful sides by supporting their little buddy...Ricky Bobby.

They love Bobby more than they love their wives...

Dave's genuine smile that closes the scene makes him more likable than his spiteful wife....

The Three Amigos scenes were more enjoyable than the light lunch, the hair breaking off conversation and the smelly carriage ride.

More Three Amigos...they are fun to watch.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 12
(edited)

Like the way Danielle and Bobby are ignoring the producers and giving up nothing in... let's yell it together.. THE FISH BOWL exercise...

Can imagine last night a boozy Amber watching the episode on the couch with her fish bowl sized wine and muttering....what a sneaky goody two shoes bitch towards Danielle on the screen.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, PityFree said:

Just like her skin, her hair would look better if she did a lot less to it.

Yes.  They call that "addition by subtraction".

19 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Mia never looked more happy and genuine than when she was eating a donut.

Word.

13 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

You do have a point --except, I don't recall Tristan ever saying anything like, "Don't tell your family about this." (At least, not on camera.) Maybe that's what he meant for her to understand, because he said something like "let's just keep this between us". 

...Maybe, for Mia, "between us" means "nobody outside the family". (I wonder if Tristan has told his mom about it?)

As far as "broadcasting" goes:  if it was such a big secret, why would Tristan bring it up to Mia on camera?!

It's not a secret.  In fact, I don't think Tristan would have had any problem if Mia called her family up afterward to talk about it.  But he didn't want the lunch to be a heavy conversation that was bound to be negative-tinged about him, with these people who barely know him.

11 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Oh Dave, so close until you ruined it with the perfume comment. I’m thinking he’s been single for so long because he doesn’t know how to read women. Bonus points to Amber for finally letting something go without turning it into a major drama! Growth! 

Combine that with his flat affect, being very analytical, and seemingly clueless about feelings, I wonder if Dave is on the autism spectrum.

9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I hate that fishbowl exercise! I'll be damned if I'm going to tell my fantasies to this person I hardly know (much less in front of the world) and then tell my partner what they are not doing in the bedroom to satisfy me. How intrusive and in bad taste. Come up with something else, coaches, or therapists or what ever the heck they are. 

Yes, I was very shocked that they did this (then I realized who/what we are dealing with, and simmered down).

• Love 5