Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Fantasies and Firsts

• Start Topic

Umm Amber if your hair is falling out, you might want to stop bleaching it for the gods. It's fine to change your hair colour, but maybe you need a less damaging method? Her hair is fried and dry. I've seen plenty of women with dyed locks, and it's healthy and glossy. 

Tristan move to Houston and leave Mia's crazy arse and her insanely opinionated sister right where she is. 24 days into the marriage and it's been nothing but stress.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 21

That bleach blonde look is really not attractive on naturally dark brunettes. IMO she should dye it back to her natural color and put highlights in.  It would look more natural.

I also think that Dave really hasn't gotten over the fact that his gym buddy dated and dished dirt on her. I'm sure it colors a lot of the way he thinks of Amber, even if he says it doesn't matter.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Danielle lightens her hair from a very dark blonde and it looks healthy and natural.

Danielle strikes me as someone who would go to a professional to do her hair color. Amber strikes me as somebody who does her own color using a kit she got at the drugstore.  That might account for the some of the difference in damage.  The other difference is in the comment I quoted here: Danielle is only going a couple of shades lighter —  which is not as damaging. Amber is making a much more dramatic change from her much darker hair to white blonde.

• Love 12

Tristan...leave, dude. I don't understand why she felt the need to blurt out that he was uncomfortable or to tell her family that she's possibly relocating with some guy she just married 24 days ago. "You know my family." He has only met them TWICE, Mia. Their communication is...wow. I think some of that resentment is still festering under the surface. Is the whole family batshit crazy?

• Love 20

@Lila Fowler

I don't think Mia moving with Tristan was part of the master plan. That's his out because she doesn't seem like she wants to move. What better way to have a clean break than we're not on the same page regarding the paths toward our mutual and individual futures?

• Love 5

This is Married at First Sight: Dallas, not Houston. The majority of Tristan's work is in Houston. Mia's sister is right. He was always going to be paired with a local woman, who then would have been forced to either divorce or move with him. He should not be on this show either.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Those chairs look comfortable in general, but I think it would be uncomfortable to sit in them for a pedicure.

And uncomfortable sitting next to Amber. She was not being very nice at during their meeting. I could feel her seething inside. I also don’t blame Danielle for not wanting to tell these girls any issues she has in her marriage. Who are they to her? Im sure she has actual friends not forced ones.  

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

This is Married at First Sight: Dallas, not Houston. The majority of Tristan's work is in Houston. Mia's sister is right. He was always going to be paired with a local woman, who then would have been forced to either divorce or move with him. He should not be on this show either.

I think the move is just a get out of jail free card for him. 

• Love 3
Just now, love2lovebadtv said:

I think the move is just a get out of jail free card for him. 

It is now but he didn't know that he'd be matched with a weirdo. Still a BS move on his part, IMO.

I don't believe Dave when he says that he wants to spend the rest of his life with Amber.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

IMO anything Dave would say to Amber would make her feel insecure.

To me this show proves that it’s all a crapshoot, no one can predict who will stay together and who won’t.  Any one of us here can pick out three couples and get exactly the same results as the show gets.

I don’t get Amber, especially since she’s not a natural blonde anyway.

Dear Amber,  I was once a blonde.  The color broke my hair off and made it dry.  Do you know what I did?  Stopped coloring my hair blonde.  The end.

She's freaking out over hair color because she's insecure, right? It's not like he prefers blondes and wants her to keep bleaching even though her hair is falling out. No matter what he said, she'd read into it something negative. 

• Love 17

So Amber and Dave should talk about her hair color for another two hours.  Who gives a shit?  Color it purple.  Maybe then you will be more confident.  She’s getting annoying.

• Love 10

Dave should have told the experts* that he wanted a woman who had a more natural look and was very low maintenance.  It is clear to me that Dave is completely turned off by how much upkeep Amber requires in addition to her insecurities about her looks.

* The experts would have just ignored him. Nevermind.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 16

I'm all for not kinkshaming but Mia's donut fetish is gross af. I've been with my boyfriend 8 years but if he said he wanted me to dress up like a donut to have sex I would be rethinking everything.

Edited by PupCal
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Dave essentially telling Amber that he thinks that she stinks was incredible. Just try to get through the experiment, Amber, then divorce this guy. He does not care about your feelings whatsoever.

I completely agree. 

Dave has just been going through the motions for at least a couple of weeks now, putting in his time till their MAFS contract ends.

So Amber needs to do the same. And *stop* giving him sex (in Dave's words) "...at least once a day, and often in the morning"! That's all Dave cares about, at this point (if he ever cared at all).

• Love 8

My husband just kept repeating the whole show how well he has it...Definitely good to watch as a family! Amber is absolutely exhausting. Her fried hair and skin look awful. She’d do herself a HUGE favor if she stops abusing herself. It’s aging her terribly and it’s adding zero in looks

• Love 8

Nobody is moving to Houston during filming. The only scenario where production allows that is if it's a House Hunters type of situation and Tristan has already bought the business there.

I really dislike Amber as a character. She is a terrible combination of insecure, selfish, lazy and manipulative that I don't enjoy at all. She is the adult personification of a girl who spent to much time wishing to be a princess. It's not that she can't handle criticism. She seems to be unable to handle any statements that are not "You are amazing and I am lucky to know you." Hopefully, she just accidentally pissed off a member of the production team and got a bad edit.

• Love 12

I've never felt sorry for Mia before. But this time, I think Tristan was in the wrong. When your family is in Dallas and your new husband is talking about moving to Houston, that is something you need to share with your family right away, or it will hurt them much more in the long run. Family is Mia's hearthstone, her support group --she needs them now, to help her figure this all out. You don't cut your own family "out of the loop"!

I'm even inclined to agree with Mia's annoying sister, that when you've just gotten married is a terrible time to make a major change like that. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

My husband just kept repeating the whole show how well he has it...Definitely good to watch as a family! Amber is absolutely exhausting. Her fried hair and skin look awful. She’d do herself a HUGE favor if she stops abusing herself. It’s aging her terribly and it’s adding zero in looks

Dave obviously agrees with you and your husband (and most other posters here). But he's still getting laid very frequently, so he'll "suffer through" living with Amber until his contract ends.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 5

I'm afraid Tristan is gonna snap and... he needs to get out of this and make a clean break to Houston. It's just such a rollercoaster with them. I'm truly worried.

Amber and Dave... I honestly think they deserve each other. They're both weirdos in their own way.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShowFan said:

I agree. She apparently uses 17  different products on her skin before bed, and I’m sure she uses more in the morning. That’s not even including things like cleansers or her actual make up. But the end result is skin that looks bad: it looks dry, there’s no glow, it’s not smooth, etc. She certainly doesn’t look any younger than her actual age.  I’m sure all of her various creams and lotions cost a pretty penny, but they are useless. 

Same with her unfortunate hair.  All of that bleaching and heat styling results in hair that doesn’t shine, doesn’t have any movement, breaks, and falls out. Just like her skin, her hair would look better if she did a lot less to it.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Same with her unfortunate hair.  All of that bleaching and heat styling results in hair that doesn’t shine, doesn’t have any movement, breaks, and falls out. Just like her skin, her hair would look better if she did a lot less to it.

I honestly don't know how she could have thought her hair looks good that way.  She admitted in this episode that it's breaking - Like how much bad stuff has to happen before she realizes she has to make a change?  I once had breaking hair from an iron deficiency and due to a big chunk that came off I had to go much shorter.  It was hard but I had to face the fact that my hair looked awful - And even with the missing hair it STILL looked better than Amber's!  I agree with the person upthread that it looks like she does her own hair.  Either that or she goes to a bad professional, probably because they're cheap.  It's not even just the color but the cut that is awful.  She says she thinks she looks much better as a blonde - Nothing wrong with going blonde, but if you're a brunette you can't be cheap about it or that's what you get.  I think Ashley from last season is really a brunette but her cut and dye job are MUCH better.

• Love 7