Type keyword(s) to search

Chrisley Knows Best - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Editor's Note:  This topic replaces the old Chrisley Knows Best forum which has been vaulted at the location below:  http://forums.previously.tv/forum/552-chrisley-knows-best-v/

It was BORING.  same ole yelling at aNany and the kids, i mean young adults.  

These young adults--with no visible means of income-- now have "bought" their own houses, or McMansions.. 

I fastforwarded through most of it cuz I don't care to watch spoiled faux-millionaires...and I mean all of them. Boring. 

• Love 3

It is, but even that isn't enough to keep Todd out of hock and owing the IRS. Everything you see is rented by Bravo for filming. I don't think they knew how deep in debt Todd was when they took him on and gave him a show. The very first season, that house did belong to them but they lost it to foreclosure. After that, it's all fake.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

After that, it's all fake.

That's why I don't understand the continued dialogue that appears to indicate that Todd has all this money.  We all know this isn't the case so why don't the just play their parts without trying to show how wealthy they are?

• Love 4

I saw on the news he is being investigated for tax evasion.  He claims he lives in Florida so he doesn't have to pay taxes in Georgia.  Wouldn't it be funny if this show turns into 'Chrisley Knows About Jail.'

• Love 3

He owns a condo in downtown Atlanta, unless he's sold it. He owes almost a million in back taxes, I think. He strikes me as one of those people who thinks the law doesn't apply to him. The last season they filmed in Atlanta, they were renting a house near my cousin, and she said the neighbors told her that they were never so happy as when they finished filming and left.

• Love 2

Please....someone take that girl's car keys away from her! Chase used to annoy me, but I have to admit that I really have liked him this season and last season. I almost feel bad for him. 

That sucks about the tax evasion. I still like this show, it makes me laugh. 

• Love 9

Doesn't the wife have assets in her name only? I'd swear I read that somewhere and figured she was the one bankrolling the family along with their Bravo paychecks and Savanah's gigs here and there. I can't even imagine that much debt much less adding to it. I don't know how he is able to still sign contracts and loans. Any of them!

• Love 2

I still don't see how Savannah and Chase have made enough money to own homes. They aren't even a highly rated cable show. I know homes are cheaper in the south but I doubt they are being paid that amount of money and no way is Savannah making much from side gigs. My guess is that they are all renting and no one wants to admit that the show is their main source of income. The kids were broke last season but this season they are rolling in money? I don't think so. What happened to the Christley Department store they were starting in season one or two? I am surprised they mentioned the juice shop as I thought that storyline had run its course so it was gone. 

• Love 1

I loved Chase's meal! Especially the part where Todd asked for the salt and the boys bring him a canister of Morton Iodized salt and Todd says......well I guess I will use "Idolized" salt! At least that is how I heard it, quite possibly he said it correctly but with his southern accent it sounded so funny!!! I am amused by the smallest things on this show. I know it's all fake and not a true reality of their lives but they are so darn entertaining! Yes, it does get old but I still LOL quite a few times during the show!

• Love 3

Are we thinking that Fay's suitors are all actors? 

I like Julie. My accountant is an old friend. She advises clients who are married to Peter Pans, Ponzis, Spicolis, Frank Gallagher - what ever kind of financial disaster of a man they happen to have married to get divorced and protect your assets. You can still love these men to bits. At least you and yoyr kids will have some money safe from the authorities, bookies, best rich quick schemes, etc. Maybe Julies Christian belief system would prevent her from divorcing Tod but hopefully she has some money sheltered so that his shenanigans don't put her out on the street. I don't think that she or anyone else in the family has any control over Tod whatsoever.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, MakingBacon said:

I still don't see how Savannah and Chase have made enough money to own homes. They aren't even a highly rated cable show. I know homes are cheaper in the south but I doubt they are being paid that amount of money and no way is Savannah making much from side gigs. My guess is that they are all renting and no one wants to admit that the show is their main source of income. The kids were broke last season but this season they are rolling in money? I don't think so. What happened to the Christley Department store they were starting in season one or two? I am surprised they mentioned the juice shop as I thought that storyline had run its course so it was gone. 

How any of them are able to pay for their current lifestyle is a big ol' question mark.

During this last episode of the current season we found out that Chase doesn't own the condo, he's "renting" it from Todd yet we found out earlier this season he doesn't have a job. We also find out Savannah is starting a clothing line which with all the olive khaki looked too drab for me. She has done some modeling and also had a bit part on some tv show, plus she gets a paycheck from bravo, if she's been saving that might be more than enough to put a down payment on her new home, but one might wonder where she is getting her monthly mortgage payment.

• Love 2

This show used to be a funny guilty pleasure but this season is painful to watch.  In fact I would not have watched this episode if my resort in Mexico had more English speaking channels.  Got to love that on demand tv app!

Now it's just bad un-real reality tv.

Its not believable that at 19 Savannah would by a new suburban craftsman style house.  Her house is easily over $500,000.   If "she" had money like that a college student of her age would buy a downtown condo to be around people nearer her own age.

Chase downtown Atlanta condo is probably in the same price range.  But he is a college drop out with no job or useable skills.

Todd is going to end up like Theresa and Joe Guidice-- funneling money through his kids right on TV for the IRS to see.

Plus I find Savannahs HSN clothing line laughable.  She is not that big of a celebrity, she does not even have an education in fashion.  It's just a really random arrangement.

I agree Chase is the only entertaining one left on the show.  

But all is not lost on the show.  I think next season they should get back to basics and reality:  have Chase move back in with his parents-- that's what really happens when 20 somethings. drop out of college and have no job.   As Chase struggles to find himself as an adult under Todd's roof would give both the chance  to get in plenty of one liners each episode.  

Sorry, not hating, but if Savannah is not going to act like a real college student it's not going to make for good tv.  We want to see a light hearted fun-loving college student.  Not some child prodigy acting like a 30 year entrepreneur while taking a full course load in music management.  It's just not believable and it's boring.

• Love 1

How many men are going to sign up for life drawing/sculpting classes now? I was really playing the buffo in this episode. This show always give me a laugh so I will be watching it to the bitter end. But I am amazed at how unsophisticated this family is. I live in the Northeast around some of the new money mcMansion towns. Like the Chrisley's these  folks have all of the trappings i.e. big brick houses with inexplicable faux Juliet balconies, Range Rovers, LV bags, that godawful Pandora jewelry, Louboutin shoes, and they sort of just loop between the gym the mall and the chain restaurants (Cheesecake, Capitol, Ruth's Chris). Very little understanding of and attention paid to the arts or any type unless you want to include the occasional ALW musical or Hamilton only because it's a status item to even score a ticket. Such a waste of money and opportunity.

• Love 6

Chase & Lilo are my favorites.  I like Savannah too.  Not a fan of Grayson and the older sister (can't remember her name).

Nanny's comment about Grayson's cookie dough: "That would choke a hog."  HAHAHA  Who said they aren't sophisticated?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Tosia said:

So played out it's boring as hell. Same ole shit every time.  Then they cry or hug at the end. 

I also seriously cannot take Savannah's voice.

Lord, woman, get some lessons. 

I still like the show. It's good background noise. Savannah does grate. 

Chase has actually grown on me and he's cracking me up this season. 

This last epi was strange, Julie seemed really bitter/upset about something. 

• Love 2

I wouldn't mind the scripting if any of them could act. All that they need to do is sit Todd, Faye and Julie at a table and give the girls a few drinks. They are very funny people. 

Edited by spankydoll
Typo
23 hours ago, mccartygirl said:

This last epi was strange, Julie seemed really bitter/upset about something. 

Which episode was this?  What was it about?  I didn't notice her being bitter/upset but now that you mentioned it, I'll go back and watch.  Yes, I'm masochistic like that.

17 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I wouldn't mind the scripting if any of them could act. All that they need to do is sit Todd, Faye and Julie at a table and give the gifdks a few drinks. They are very funny people. 

What is/are gifdks?  I'm sure it's obvious, but I can't figure it out.

And as corny as these folks are, I still like watching.  Chase continues to be my favorite.  You know, it could be because I live in Nashville that I want to watch, just to look for things I recognize.  Most of the time I know where they are.

• Love 1

It was the most recent episode, the pie one where she is competing against Faye. She seemed more like herself towards the end but she was pretty snippy at the beginning. 

I'm with you though - it is a ridiculous show but it makes me chuckle every time! Chase is my fav as well. Sometimes I feel bad for him because he sure seems to get the brunt of the jokes. 

• Love 1

Thanks mccartygirl.  I'll check it out again.

I wish we could see more of Lilo.

One more thing ... anybody know why the baby, Chloe, isn't on anymore?  She used to be a regular, and I thought Todd and Julie had  joint custody of her.  I could be wrong about all this, but I do know I used to see her a lot.

On 11/25/2017 at 5:45 PM, slasherboy said:

Which episode was this?  What was it about?  I didn't notice her being bitter/upset but now that you mentioned it, I'll go back and watch.  Yes, I'm masochistic like that.

What is/are gifdks?  I'm sure it's obvious, but I can't figure it out.

And as corny as these folks are, I still like watching.  Chase continues to be my favorite.  You know, it could be because I live in Nashville that I want to watch, just to look for things I recognize.  Most of the time I know where they are.

Girls.  I can't type without my cheaters anymore. Don't get old!.  

• Love 1

I quit watching once I found out they don’t own any of the homes they shoot in, they are all rented by production. Along with the cars. Todd owns a 2 BR condo in downtown Atlanta... if he still has that and hasn’t lost it to foreclosure. He owes so much money in back taxes, nothing on this show is real.

• Love 2

HOW DARE THE NETWORK APPROVE OF AN EPISODE WHERE IT’S OK TO JUST PUT A SUPPORT ANIMAL VEST ON THAT LITTLE ANKLE BITER.  DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW SOME OF US THAT TRULY HAVE DISABILITIES HAVE WORKED TO GET OUR LEGITIMATE SERVICE DOGS TRAINED TO BE JUST THAT.

• Love 5
On 3/23/2017 at 5:48 PM, spankydoll said:

To protect the money and property. I think that they are very much in love. 

What money and property? I thought the line on this forum is that there is none? 

Edited by Finchers
On July 25, 2019 at 3:01 PM, JenLily said:

I never miss it. I think it's hilarious. Nanny Faye cracks me up and Chase's relationship with her is so sweet.

It's the " reality" show I watch because they make me laugh. I especially enjoy Nanny and Chase's loving relationship also. That Chloe is a living doll.

• Love 2

So does this make them the Southern Version of Teresa and Joe Guidice? Stories have been floating around for awhile about the Chrisley business dealings. I remember thinking something was off when Todd was talking about opening his own department store. 

• Love 2

In the first season of the show viewers were treated to the Chrisleys' outrageous spending, with Todd as the nasty entitled ringleader. I was taken aback at how mean he was to his kids, and also wondered how a real estate developer was supposedly making so much money when the rest of the country was still reeling from the effects of the depression.

Very soon the stories began to appear online, faster than Todd could get ahead of them.

By season two Todd had magically undergone a complete personality transplant, becoming the loving father and grandfather. I never bought it because 1) reality TV and 2) the facts didn't support the fairy tale the family was spinning.

The grifters are finally facing their comeuppance. This includes Julie and I'm pretty sure Faye. I feel bad for the kids.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5
On 8/27/2018 at 5:00 PM, MrsBuckeye said:

HOW DARE THE NETWORK APPROVE OF AN EPISODE WHERE IT’S OK TO JUST PUT A SUPPORT ANIMAL VEST ON THAT LITTLE ANKLE BITER.  DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW SOME OF US THAT TRULY HAVE DISABILITIES HAVE WORKED TO GET OUR LEGITIMATE SERVICE DOGS TRAINED TO BE JUST THAT.

In Michigan the law is that a support animal has no rights since there is no regulatory agency, nor is their any insurance liability precursors.  A support animal MAY NOT enter a public building.  Service animals are trained and tested and carry tons of insurance.

18 hours ago, Raiderred said:

"Well, this is a surprise"

Said no one that has watched the show!

I ran right over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣 This will be juicy.  I see that Chase is in on the family biz and Kyle has been arrested yet again.  Is it too late to save Grayson? 

I was going to post a link of Lindsey saying that SHE WAS NOT the source of the leak that put the final nail in the coffin but computer froze on site.  So it was her husband who hates Todd then, right?

• Love 3

So they are claiming innocence and state they did nothing wrong....  I would think that the IRS/Feds would have credible proof before they indict someone.  

I'll bet they'll work out some deal to avoid serving any prison time.

I sure hope the kids have their own money tucked away for safe keeping.   However, I thought I read something about Chase's accounts being frozen or something?!?

• Love 2