Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Josiah Pops the Question

• Start Topic

On 8/28/2018 at 12:49 PM, jcbrown said:

Me, too! She has this breathy sigh every time she says it and she always greets him by his nickname when she sees him. My husband and I are Midwestern by birth and we rarely use each other's names. I suppose it is easier in a household of two (humans, plus three cars) than it is with lots of people.

Seeing Jeremy put an entire piece of pizza in his mouth at one time made me gag sympathetically. Gross, though he does seem to enjoy being with the kids, which bodes well.

This episode was shot during Jinger's first trimester, right? I wondered if she was just feeling crappy. She seemed low-energy.

When I use his name Mr. Natalie thinks he is in trouble.  HA!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

If Michelle is feeling sorry for herself, then that is her problem. She has 19 children, most of whom seem reasonably healthy and even Josie seems to be doing pretty well. She has enough money she doesn't need to have an outside job (beyond celebrity/homemaker) and she is surrounded by family and even seems to see friends regularly. It's not sad she couldn't have more kids in late 40s. I know people who would love to have a fraction of the family she has and can't. 

Wait just a minute.  Did you really refer to MEchelle as a homemaker?  LMAO! 

• Love 12

Late to this party, but I'm imagining Jeremy pitching this episode to his friend:

Jeremy: Hey, the show's producers keeps bugging us to babysit some kids to fake prep us for parenthood but I'll be damned before I have several of her relatives here for more than I absolutely have to.  They also keep insisting that we prove to viewers that we have real friends and that Jinger can can interact with normal people. Wanna help me out? You'll get free airfare and a dinner, all you have is have some fake conversations while being filmed. 

And wow, it's like Jessa has lied so much about her "wonderful" parents that she actually believes it, now. 

• Love 14

The more I watch Joy and Austin the more I think she has some sort of cognitive delay. He comes across more like her caretaker than her partner in life.

I think my favorite part in recent shows was the friend visit. There is clearly a bond between the couples. The part when J swooped up the toddler from the path of the swing and Luis was standing there joking about it was so real and reminded me of a normal “couple friend” interaction. Their kids are undisciplined and squirrelly, but they’re a cute family. I wouldn’t be surprised if the foursome wouldn’t have preferred to hire a legit babysitter so they could all go out for a leisurely dinner together. It just didn’t fit into the script of the show. 

I think at the end of the day, I find J&J likable because it’s clear that Jeremy had a rich and fulfilling life pre-Jinger. There’s no way he’s living his life as a Jesus-bot, and he has a healthy dose of skepticism about her family and upbringing. I really think there’s hope for her. 

• Love 9

I think those scenes are nice to watch because Jeremy is the only member of the family who has real, actual friends; and by "friends" I mean people he's known for a while and developed a bond with, not random Fundies he sees once a year at weddings. It brings a certain level of normalcy to the freakshow. 

• Love 12
18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think those scenes are nice to watch because Jeremy is the only member of the family who has real, actual friends; and by "friends" I mean people he's known for a while and developed a bond with, not random Fundies he sees once a year at weddings. It brings a certain level of normalcy to the freakshow. 

I suspect it also helps that these friends have been forged by other methods than blood, i.e. via sports teamwork, partnership, and shared arduous experiences/bonding.  It increases recognition that people who aren't members of your family are not The Enemy.  

• Love 14