Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Brandon Leaves

• Start Topic

On 8/28/2018 at 10:12 AM, CurlyATX said:

Need to chime in on Garth's hair... I think she actually liked it. I'm almost positive I saw a wedding picture with a similar updo/spiky waterfall thing happening. I only remember it because I think she ended up getting married around the same time as I did (2002). I'm old... my wedding counterparts were Gwen Stephani/Gavin from Bush and Sarah Michelle Gellar/Freddie Prinze (they are still together I think).

Oh my god, you're right on the wedding hair. She looked insane when she married Facinelli. 

A few years ago, I dressed as my "90's me" for Halloween (jean shorts, tights, flannel shirt, boots) and several of my young staffers said the look was totally appropriate now.  WTF?!

I am hoping we don't get the sundress with the baby tee underneath or (I apologize in advance for my participation in this), the platform flip-flop.  Are we entering the phase of the satin jeans, not-quite-racist-Chinese inspired tops, or the super mini skirts with the big slits? 

Oh, the sundress/slip dress with the baby tee underneath is 100% back. I have seen my younger co-workers wearing it. I'm less offended by those than by the return of Laura Ashley florals, to be honest.

• Love 1

Dear, the Laura Ashley florals are back?  I went to my homecoming dance my sophmore year in one of her dresses.  It was satin and cream colored but had the big pink, blue and green flowers all over it.  It also had this totally awkward neck/shoulder line that was a really heavy lace.  I, of course, wore my hair up with a few trendills of hair on either side of my face and a sparkly faux-jeweled butterfly shaped hair clip.  I look at that picture now and cringe.  I was such a victim of 90s fashion and this show.

• Love 2

I thought I'd enjoy this episode more than I did. I've been waiting a long time for Brandon to fuck off, but I feel like the show just couldn't quite let us enjoy that, and instead subjected us to a final forty minutes of everyone blowing smoke up Brandon's ass. Val literally calls him an angel. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

• Love 1
On 4/2/2020 at 1:41 AM, GrahamV said:

I thought I'd enjoy this episode more than I did. I've been waiting a long time for Brandon to fuck off, but I feel like the show just couldn't quite let us enjoy that, and instead subjected us to a final forty minutes of everyone blowing smoke up Brandon's ass. Val literally calls him an angel. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

To be fair to Val , he was really the only one who liked her And once he left , she’s like aight time to bounce. No one else will put up with me. 

• Love 3