Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: The High Cost Of Loathing

The Monarch faces financial challenges as he attempts to rebuild his fiendish organization; Dean tries to establish a normal life outside his father’s shadow at sleep-away college.

No, really, “sleep-away college.”

That intro was awesome. Of course Monarch is just as lame as ever. And Dean is still lovable, lame Dean. And Dean actually did something amazing? Don;t know how to feel about Sirena looking like she's starting to fall for him, but it's gonna be interesting to see Hank's reaction.

H.E.L.P.e.R. at the front desk was amazing, as was Brock and Hatred teaming up to kill some Air BnBers. Of course HankCo would make a comeback in the Air BnB age. You know he'd be an Uber driver if he still had his hover cycle.

Interesting to see that Think Tank is still alive. I was wondering why Stars & Garters was singing to him, then I realized that all the heroes (save for Brown Widow) worked for Wide Wale, and thus would be buddies with Think Tank. And keeping with the Marvel theme, Prof. Von Helping seemed to be a parody of Vision. (EDIT: It could also be Victor von Doom, but I figured that role's already taken by Baron Underbheit)

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

This possible love triangle is going to end badly,Why can't Dean get a girlfriend of his own my vote is for a super heroine or a super villainess who turns good because for her to someday Mrs Venture she can't be 100 %normal.

Anyone knows who voiced  Victor von Helping it's not on IMDB yet and I was wondering if anyone know.

Also we need more Jared/Brown Widow because he is awesome.

Edited by supernatural666
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, supernatural666 said:

This possible love triangle is going to end badly,Why can't Dean get a girlfriend of his own my vote is for a super heroine or a super villainess who turns good because for her to someday Mrs Venture she can't be 100 %normal.

Anyone knows who voiced  Victor von Helping it's not on IMDB yet and I was wondering if anyone know.

Also we need more Jared/Brown Widow because he is awesome.

Victor was voiced by Gary Cole. I recognize that voice anywhere.

And since Jared is rooming with Dean, I'm hoping to see a lot more of him.

Dean popped wood. Yeah, a potential love triangle with Hank and Sirena probably won’t end well for anyone. On the other hand, have we seen the boys really go at it with each other? The only time that pops in my mind is the episode where Molotov is sitting them.

I had fun watching this early on the app. Monarch is still a putz, albeit an oddly endearing one. Of course Rusty would dive through a window (did he just watch The Hudsucker Proxy?) and not think in advance about broken glass. Watching him hang in midair slumped over and bleeding out was funny. Lots of nice brief moments, especially HELPeR at the front desk. Poor guy.

This week’s t-shirt. Also, are we halfway through the season? How many episodes have been scheduled?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Interesting to see that Think Tank is still alive. I was wondering why Stars & Garters was singing to him, then I realized that all the heroes (save for Brown Widow) worked for Wide Wale, and thus would be buddies with Think Tank.

I forgot that Stars & Garters was also the professor subbing for Think Tank, and that's how he knows him.

• Love 1

Dean's sweaters went into a box labeled "Virginity Protectors." Too funny.

Is the Captain the CFO of Rusty's company now? He was sure talking like it.

Hank has BNB guests staying over, but doesn't bother telling security about it. I don't expect much in the way of thinking from him, but that's excessively stupid.

The Guild dossier on von Helping needs updating. It doesn't seem to mention anything about his super abilities. Of course, maybe the Monarch just didn't bother reading all of it.

On 8/25/2018 at 9:22 PM, Lantern7 said:

No, really, “sleep-away college.”

From sleep-through-it school to sleep-away college.

12 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Considering how hard it usually is for Rusty to find cash, how is Dean able to just write a one million dollar check?

It'd be funny if the check bounced.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Considering how hard it usually is for Rusty to find cash, how is Dean able to just write a one million dollar check?

That's totally not gonna come back to bite the family in the ass.

10 hours ago, Sandman87 said:

It'd be funny if the check bounced.

Considering Monarch was awarded for being the highest earner after this, I don't think it did.

Theory: While the Monarch slowly gets to level 10, the Ventures get into financial ruin, so the Monarch will be too good for Rusty. I wouldn't put it past this show.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

And keeping with the Marvel theme, Prof. Von Helping seemed to be a parody of Vision. (EDIT: It could also be Victor von Doom, but I figured that role's already taken by Baron Underbheit)

Kristoff + Vision?

19 hours ago, supernatural666 said:

Wild Prediction: Sirena snaps and uses her uncle's tech to try and merge Dean and Hank into one perfect boy.

• Love 1

I really love how Dean and Hank are both growing and changing while still retaining their core personalities. 

Hank is a sweet and loyal boyfriend, but he's so puppyish that you can see Sirena, a New Yawk gal, is having trouble taking him and the relationship as seriously as he clearly does. And while I'm sure she has no illicit intentions towards Dean, the mere fact that she's friendly and sweet to him is enough to get him spiraling. Throw in the fact that Hank really has nothing to do all day and is overfocused on her and there's a storm a brewin'. 

The expansion of the Guild and the seriousness of the entire super villain/hero thing is shaping up to be pretty huge this season. Monarch had always come across as pretty high ranking, but now he's groveling around having to start over without all his old props. He's used to being a rich kid and it's going to be interesting watching him try to stay that way with no cash flow besides shaking down a teenager.

13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Wild Prediction: Sirena snaps and uses her uncle's tech to try and merge Dean and Hank into one perfect boy.

Knowing this show, the result would have Hank's brains and Dean's confidence. What would we call him; Hean, or Dank?

Alternate wild prediction: She breaks both of their hearts after meeting and falling for Dermott.

• Love 2