Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: The Code

• Start Topic

Anyone know the name of the actor who played the beer brewer?? He looks awfully familiar.

Aaron Stanford from 12 Monkeys.

Forgot to add that this was just another shit episode in a shit series

Edited by tiredofwork
To add this was a total shit show
  • Love 3

Yep that's him! I watched the first 2 seasons of 12 monkey's. Thanks. I hope he sticks around. So weird to see him as a coward after being a bad ass on there.

Edited by TvGeek

That was definitely one of the more out there episodes they've done, to the point that had it turned out to be a Wizard of Oz style dream it really wouldn't have surprised me much.  But it was oddly entertaining enough that I'm willing to roll with it and see where the wierdness goes, even if I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to see Morgan righteously beat any of the three stooges' asses with that road sign.

• Love 8

Morgan dragging his ass from Virginia to Texas, then back to Virginia, then maybe back to Texas again is giving me whiplash. He’s even more wishy-washy and flip-floppy on Fear than he was on TWD, and that’s saying something. 

• Love 11

This was an interesting episode, but after years of Mad TV, I cannot take Mo Collins seriously. I loved her, but I must be missing something because she is one odd casting choice.

I liked Wendell though.

The beer guy was forgettable but we'll see what happens with him.

I must be tired tonight too, because I swear when Morgan stepped out of the truck into a new landscape, I briefly though they were implying that the truck had been swept away, Dorothy-and-Toto-style, lol.

I'm so glad the other characters (John!) are back next week.

The character at the end looked kind of interesting...was she the one on the radio at the beginning? Did she have the truck before Mo and Wendell took it? I did get a little lost tonight.

ETA: Is Morgan handing out evites to EVERYONE to come to Alexandria?

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 1

I guess it's just me; but I find the back half of this season very slow, unexciting, with little action. The pace is exceedingly snail-like, and it doesn't feel like the characters are truly under any real threat. (And, I'm starting not to care if they are under peril.) Except for the walkers surrounding Morgan on the car, somehow posing little to no real threat; there has only been the random walker here and there. There are long periods of time without any walkers seen anywhere during the last episodes. Like, during John and Strand's drive searching for Charlie; during much of time Alicia and Charlie were outside the house last week; during most of this episode. People stand around and have long conversations, without being threatened by walkers or people.

There is SO much more they could have done with the premise of a hurricane. It somehow passes everyone, doing little to no destruction--to the characters or the land. There's just random damage here and there. Morgan finds only one downed tree.

If they were low on funds, they could have filmed some of the hail and lightening storms I've had at my house this summer. lol. We were littered with downed trees, leaves, debri everywhere. Except for the lady at the end, somehow all the characters are exceedingly clean and well-dressed. Much of the landscape doesn't even look like a za anymore.  Suddenly, there's no problem finding food, gas, shelter, or supplies. And almost no other people around.

As much as I didn't care for the time jumping during the first half of the season, at least there was action and a reason to re-watch the episode. The plot is so lightweight currently, that there's no need to watch a previous episode to see if I missed something. There is little to no storyline.

Unless there's more coming; they revealed June, John and Charlie's back story too quickly, leaving little to speculate over. Maybe they'll do more with Al? As great as the new characters are, I'm starting to feel like I'm watching a soap opera, not a za. It's not that I don't like storylines focused on individual characters; I do. But there is so little going on. All of sudden, all the threats have disappeared. I don't know... how can it continue like this? I like character development, and intrigue between the characters (in episodes with less action); but that isn't happening to a significant degree. Ok, everyone can throw stones at me now... lol.

• Love 5

In this episode, I think for the first time that FTWD has found characters who have chemistry with an established character. Morgan, the woman, the disabled guy, and the beer guy work well together. It is a good building block for the reboot.

• Love 9

I enjoyed it... All 3 of them are interesting characters and I don't mind a lil sliver of time away from gloom & peril....  America is a big country there will be some spaces out there where walkers haven't been thru yet... I also like setting up Morgan's mission of being there and helping ppl... Basically turning more like rick.. Plus I want him to tell everyone about King Ezekiel just to see their reactions

• Love 5
7 hours ago, timesywimesy said:

Morgan dragging his ass from Virginia to Texas, then back to Virginia, then maybe back to Texas again is giving me whiplash. He’s even more wishy-washy and flip-floppy on Fear than he was on TWD, and that’s saying something. 

No shit.  Morgan could use some chicken to go with his waffles.

9 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I enjoyed it... All 3 of them are interesting characters and I don't mind a lil sliver of time away from gloom & peril....  America is a big country there will be some spaces out there where walkers haven't been thru yet... I also like setting up Morgan's mission of being there and helping ppl... Basically turning more like rick.. Plus I want him to tell everyone about King Ezekiel just to see their reactions

I like the idea, too.  But Morgan has had more missions than Ethan Hunt, so I'm not holding out much hope for the longevity of this one ...  ;-)

• Love 3

One of many problems this and the other show (who shall remain nameless!!!!) has is that they bring in new characters then they go away for a few (or more) episodes, so the audience doesn’t have a chance to form a bond nor really even an opinion. I think of Jesus (and mods, and he who is above, do not strike me dead). He shows up. Seems interesting, as in What’s with that name? And he seems to be a Ninja, but then — hey, where did he go? After that, he only shows up about every fifth episode. And his character seems to morph a bit from episode to episode.

Now, I happen to like all the new characters on Fear that were introduced in the first half of this season. Did we get to really know them? Kind of sort of in a broad stroke kind of way. (I think we got to know John and whatever the hell her name is—choose one of the three—better than the rest.) but here we are and we’ve already blown through two episodes of the back half and nothing from those characters AND we get three NEW characters. 

But now we’re going to shift our attention back to the other crowd (the John crowd), only to lose sight of the New-New characters. I mean, seriously — what in the hell am I to think. Who in the hell am I supposed to root for? You can say whatever negative you want about Rick, but the man made decisions. (Yeah, maybe they weren’t good ones, but ...)  Morgan on the other hand (and I do think he’s supposed to be “the lead” of this show) not only can’t keep both of his shoes on, he can’t decided which way to walk. Am I supposed to be inspired by that? It really makes me miss the leadership ability of the Governor, and Gareth, and — dare I say it — Negan. Not to be mean, but I do not see why the Morgan crowd even deserves to be alive. (Except for John and Althena.)

• Love 4

Morgan has developed Littlefinger level of teleportation skills to hop from state to state overnight.

This episode was pretty meh, kinda what I expected. I think it was a big mistake to split of the main group and do these types of episodes this back half of the season. It would have been more exciting to see the big group as a whole whether the storm together...a genuine bonding experience where they have to work together to survive and maybe take a loss and save each other's lives etc...Like if everybody had run over to the mansion to take shelter from the storm and they were all stuck there together, fortifying it, taking care of walkers who get through the messed up fence, forced to work together with people they were trying to kill yesterday,...Maybe a new character shows up looking for shelter. Debate ensues, are they good or bad, who can you trust,...

There are no stakes in these episodes. Last week we knew Charlie and Alicia would end up bonding, this week we knew Morgan would end up going back to Texas with the new people,...what's even the point of watching these. Can just skip ahead to the finale when everyone is finally back together facing this new villain and somebody might actually bite it. Remember when walkers used to actually be scary monsters and even one could get ya if you weren't fast enough. Now you get surrounded, hands tied up and one hop and you're free. So nice of those walkers to attack one at a time so you have time to cut yourself loose and stab each one in the head. A bunch of them like that would have tipped that car over easy.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Morgan can't carry an episode anymore than Alicia can.

I completely disagree. This was one of the stronger episodes. Unlike most of the this cast, Lennie James can actually act.

• Love 11

It is kind of aggravating that Morgan couldn't seem to make up his mind which way he wanted to go.  I think I get what the show is trying to say about where Morgan's head is at, but aggravating just the same.  He moved to this series because he'd just reached his limit with all the fuckery of the mother show group and all their tedious back and forth about whether they kill 'em all or chuck it all to plant tomatoes with a psychopath.  He began his big walkabout with the idea that he was just done with people because if he cares about them he loses them.  Then he meets John and the other assorted oddballs and realizes he's not so done after all.  But in the short time he's known them none of them have shown any real inclination to build anything as they're all dealing with their individual stuff like not dying of a gunshot wound or just getting drunk all day not to deal.  So he's suddenly hit with a case of the grass is always greener back in Alexandria if Rick and company haven't managed to burn it all down in his absence, and had all storm and all the shenanigans with the Mississippi Truckers of the Apocalypse (which really does need to be a band name) not happened, he might have uneventfully slipped halfway back to Virginia by now.  But they did happen and while he hopes his new friends are okay after the hurricane, he's afraid to go back and find out that they're not.   Cue more shenanigans with the truckers that instead of ending in a fully justified road sign beatdown results in him thinking he's going to pull off a having your cake and eating it too save of everybody to haul them all back to the gates of Alexandria.

As much as part of me would get a tremendous kick of out seeing what Rick and crew would make of an often slippery self-interested character like Strand, it's a fantasy.    And parts of this episode did feel like a fantasy or a dream, suddenly finding a perfectly normal pre-ZA truck stop with electricity, freshly brewed coffee, and clean bathrooms and then encountering more oddballs out in the wild like this.  I do like that the people he's meeting aren't truly assholes who are going to asshole but opportunists who can be reasoned with.  That actually feels more plausible than the mother show's nihilist position that everyone in the ZA who isn't you is going to be a cannibal or nutjob or wannabe warlord who kills for funsies.

It's fairly amusing to me that this episode threw truckers into the mix as people you'd want on your ZA team, something my husband, who in one of his previous lives did commercially drive for awhile has argued in one of those what would you do discussions the genre inevitably spawns.  They know all the less traveled ways to get from one point to another and where all the real stockpiles of supplies are in a region without joining the hordes storming the local Wal-Mart.  As long as you go by the rules of this universe where the gas is holding out, they're a resource.

• Love 5

Surely last week would be the lowest point the show could reach, onwards and upwards from there, yet no, they manage to pull defeat from the jaws of victory, What a load of utter, utter nonsense. ‘Strand’ is directing next weeks show, lets hope an amateur can stick his thumb in the dike!

• Love 4
19 hours ago, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

Nah, thanks but I don't go to the amc site anymore.

I have been doing the rewards. But, I don't go out to the AMC site anymore either. I might if I see a story of a new preview from OoohMaggie, or DailyMail story. I know what you mean though. 

10 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I do like that the people he's meeting aren't truly assholes who are going to asshole but opportunists who can be reasoned with.  That actually feels more plausible than the mother show's nihilist position that everyone in the ZA who isn't you is going to be a cannibal or nutjob or wannabe warlord who kills for funsies.

I agree.  I like that the show is, for now, doing something a bit different.  I like the oddball characters and how they interact with our established characters.  I'm sure eventually they will run into someone/some group who are all bloodthirsty but this is good change up IMO.   As oddball as this episode was, the people seemed more real, with both good and bad characteristics.

I hope Morgan's indecision is over with.  I like Morgan and Lennie James is a good actor but I can only watch that plot be repeated so many times.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I must be tired tonight too, because I swear when Morgan stepped out of the truck into a new landscape, I briefly though they were implying that the truck had been swept away, Dorothy-and-Toto-style, lol.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happened. The hurricane force winds must have spawned tornadoes, one picked up the truck Morgan was asleep in and blew it from Texas to a truck stop in Mississippi. And he slept through the entire storm. Inside the truck as it flew threw the air, hundreds of miles. That is what happened on screen. He was following Alicia in the storm, he lost track of her and then took refuge in the truck.

14 hours ago, CloudySky said:

Morgan has developed Littlefinger level of teleportation skills to hop from state to state overnight.

Right, that was even more amazing than the magical flying truck (trucknado). So Morgan waited to try to escape the walkers until it was the middle of the night, after his arms had been tied like that for hours and hours but he managed his ninja stuff and starts walking, all night long and he catches up to the newest weirdos and he asks them, how far they went. Weirdo in the wheelchair says "hundreds of miles" but Morgan caught up with them, on foot (wasn't he down one shoe too?)

If this show wants to be Z Nation, it has a long way to go.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happened. The hurricane force winds must have spawned tornadoes, one picked up the truck Morgan was asleep in and blew it from Texas to a truck stop in Mississippi. And he slept through the entire storm. Inside the truck as it flew threw the air, hundreds of miles. That is what happened on screen. He was following Alicia in the storm, he lost track of her and then took refuge in the truck.

I don't think he actually transported via tornado. He got in the truck, not realizing Sarah and Wendell were in the truck (or nearby and returned). They drove to Mississippi, not realizing he was in the back.

Right, that was even more amazing than the magical flying truck (trucknado). So Morgan waited to try to escape the walkers until it was the middle of the night, after his arms had been tied like that for hours and hours but he managed his ninja stuff and starts walking, all night long and he catches up to the newest weirdos and he asks them, how far they went. Weirdo in the wheelchair says "hundreds of miles" but Morgan caught up with them, on foot (wasn't he down one shoe too?)

Morgan didn't catch up to them. They were headed toward Virginia, he was headed back to Texas. At some point they realized his directions were fake, turned around and went back to Texas. They passed him (I assume on some other route) and waited for him on the bridge, knowing that's where he was headed.

I didn't think the woman at the end was the truck driver they stole the truck from. My initial impression was that the walker was the truck driver, this woman killed him and is now dragging him around as a walker for some reason. But I don't think we know for sure yet.

Edited by redpencil
  • Love 5

Are they purposely making the woman look like a walker hybrid? She's got a gray undertone and her face is scaly. Her hands were paler than her arms right at the wrist, where you start seeing the scaly skin again. She doesn't appear to be sick, except in the head.

I don't understand Morgan's placement in Mississippi whether by storm or driving. In most cases, I don't know which friends is trying to get to unless someone makes a geographical mention. It's all mixed up now.

Wasn't Virginia still in a life and death crisis when Morgan left? Why is he so naively optimistic when discussing Virginia?

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Cherokee Rose said:

There is SO much more they could have done with the premise of a hurricane.

I agree.

I watched that same episode that night - you know how AMC repeats a new episode several times over (and I wish they'd stop putting Comic Book Men or Preacher in-between FTWD and Talking Dead!!) - and I was surprised they didn't use the hurricane concept far more than they did.

All we got was the one episode of the winds picking up a few zombies a few episodes ago with Al and June in that SWAT Van, and that's about it. I was expecting to see more of that sort of thing (and looking forward to it).

I also agree with the poster who says it's weird to see comic Mo Collins on the show, but maybe they're going to start interjecting more humor, which I think is good. I think both shows can be dull or tough to watch because most all the characters are depressed or going through PTSD at the same time.

As I said on another thread, I would think even in an apocalypse, some people would occasionally tell a joke or smile. People often do even in stressful situations, because it can be a coping method.

One reason of several I like the John Dorie character so much is that unlike so many of the other characters on this show and TWD is that he's not all gloom and doom constantly, but is willing to help other people and not be so paranoid. He's a breath of fresh air, and both shows need more of that, IMO.

Even though I watched this particular episode a few times it was on, there were portions of it I found confusing.

I don't think they ever explained why Morgan was so gung-ho to make it to Virginia, only to decide to turn around and go back to - I guess Texas (or Mississippi)?

22 hours ago, Cherokee Rose said:

Much of the landscape doesn't even look like a za anymore.  Suddenly, there's no problem finding food, gas, shelter, or supplies.

As I noted on a previous thread - even at the end of the "Alicia and Charlie in the house alone" episode, after the hurricane hit, the next day they go out, and it's awfully clean for having a hurricane just go through.

I lived along the Gulf Coast in different states for years and through about three different hurricanes, and the day after a hurricane, there will be puddles, knocked down fences, and downed branches or trees up-rooted, if not entire subdivisions under feet of water. 

But in FWDT, one can hardly tell they had a hurricane just the day before! That's just the after effects of a hurricane, never mind them being in a Zombie Apocalypse.

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, CloudySky said:

Remember when walkers used to actually be scary monsters and even one could get ya if you weren't fast enough. Now you get surrounded, hands tied up and one hop and you're free. So nice of those walkers to attack one at a time so you have time to cut yourself loose and stab each one in the head. A bunch of them like that would have tipped that car over easy.

The one thing I can say in defense of that plot line or whatever is that the characters in the story did point out that Morgan didn't really need their help. 

As Mo Collins, the wheelchair guy, and James the beer guy began walking away, leaving him on the car roof, and he was yelling for help, Beer guy says something like, "I really can't help him. This is the first time I've been out since the zombie apocalypse. I've never fought and killed just ONE zombie, let alone the ten that is surrounding Morgan on that car's roof"

And the wheel chair guy says, "Yeah, me too. I cannot fight zombies."

It was about that time that the Mo Collins character told Morgan he was on his own, and they all left him there.

Later, when Morgan walked up to them (still carrying the mile marker sign he used to decapitate the zombies), Mo said, "See, I told you that you didn't need us."

Out of the four in that group, Morgan is the most experienced at killing Zombies, fighting his way out of a tough situation, and the show made the point of letting us know that the other three are newbies, inexperienced.

They at least offered us an explanation on that score. Whether or not you like it or agree with it is another topic, I guess!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I do like that the people he's meeting aren't truly assholes who are going to asshole but opportunists who can be reasoned with.  That actually feels more plausible than the mother show's nihilist position that everyone in the ZA who isn't you is going to be a cannibal or nutjob or wannabe warlord who kills for funsies.

Thank you. Thank you, yes.

This is one of my problems with the original show, and FWTD seems to drift close to becoming this as well, and it gets very tiresome to watch. 

Hence my comments above about needing or wanting to see characters (such as John Dorie) who are NOT cynical jerk-weeds who is paranoid of everyone and has a shoot first, ask questions later mindset.

But thank goodness the Dorie character realizes that you must use force at times, unlike the Morgan character, who was for quite some time, stuck on the (IMO) unrealistic "all life is precious, must never use force, not even in self defense" view.

But yes, it gets old and depressing having a cast of characters who view everyone as a threat, and indeed, about every new person they meet is a violent wacko, dictator war-lord or cannibal, etc.

2 hours ago, redpencil said:

I don't think he actually transported via tornado. He got in the truck, not realizing Sarah and Wendell were in the truck (or nearby and returned). They drove to Mississippi, not realizing he was in the back.

Morgan didn't catch up to them. They were headed toward Virginia, he was headed back to Texas. At some point they realized his directions were fake, turned around and went back to Texas. They passed him (I assume on some other route) and waited for him on the bridge, knowing that's where he was headed.

I didn't think the woman at the end was the truck driver they stole the truck from. My initial impression was that the walker was the truck driver, this woman killed him and is now dragging him around as a walker for some reason. But I don't think we know for sure yet.

A lot of what you said there is what I was thinking... I don't think this episode made much of this very clear. I just speculated and thought, "I guess thus and so happened, which is why Morgan ended up here or there, or why thus and so character did such and such."

I too am assuming that the woman at the end of the episode killed the real owner of the truck, the zombie with the rod though its head - and she's going to pretend as though she's the owner.

Her skin condition did look odd. Someone else in the thread mentioned it. Her skin looked crusty and weird.

So - btw (asking anyone and everyone reading this post) - was it Mo Collins and the wheel chair guy who were going around leaving boxes of supplies up and down high ways with the "Take what you need, Leave what you don't" written on them? Did they clarify that in the episode?

1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

Are they purposely making the woman look like a walker hybrid? She's got a gray undertone and her face is scaly. Her hands were paler than her arms right at the wrist, where you start seeing the scaly skin again. She doesn't appear to be sick, except in the head.

I don't understand Morgan's placement in Mississippi whether by storm or driving. In most cases, I don't know which friends is trying to get to unless someone makes a geographical mention. It's all mixed up now.

Wasn't Virginia still in a life and death crisis when Morgan left? Why is he so naively optimistic when discussing Virginia?

At one or two points in the show, I became confused about Morgan's goals (and his location, how he was jumping from one area to the next).

Initially, I know Morgan wanted to go back and visit Rick Grimes in VA, but towards the end, he seemed to sour on that idea, so when he told the truckers he 'wanted to go back to his friends,' I thought he then meant his Texas friends (of Al the SWAT van lady, June, Strand, and John Dorie).  But I have no idea. 

By the time Morgan left the Alexandria location, they were towards the end of a big war with Negan, so I too don't know why Morgan seems to be assuming that Rick won the war, and it's all Lollipops and Rainbows and Peaceful Paradise in VA now.  He has no reason to know or believe that.

I am college educated and made good grades in college, so I'm not exactly a dumb bunny, but this show's writing leaves me confused at times. It certainly makes me feel like a big dope at times.

Next week's episode better have John Dorie in it.

I hope this show doesn't neglect or misuse the Dorie character like they've done with Daryl Dixon on TWD. Daryl was/is the most popular character on TWD, and you'll notice in the last few seasons, he does not have much to say or do, no real story arcs, and he just grunts (very little dialog). Sometimes, he is even missing from entire episodes.

I hope they don't do that to Dorie on FTWD, as he's my fave character on this show. They've already skipped two episodes without him.

So - btw (asking anyone and everyone reading this post) - was it Mo Collins and the wheel chair guy who were going around leaving boxes of supplies up and down high ways with the "Take what you need, Leave what you don't" written on them? Did they clarify that in the episode?

I believe that Sarah and Wendell stole the truck from whomever was leaving those boxes.

It was after the knife from the box came in handy for Morgan that he decided to go back to Texas to help Alicia, Strand, Al, et. al. The truck driver leaving the boxes didn't know if anyone would ever benefit from them, but he kept doing it anyway, because he was trying to help people. And he did help at least Morgan. That realization is what made Morgan decide that's the kind of person he wants to be, basically, and he thinks his friends may need some help after the hurricane, so now he's going to fine them (and he's not hesitant like he was the first time he started that direction and backed out at the bridge).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

By the time Morgan left the Alexandria location, they were towards the end of a big war with Negan, so I too don't know why Morgan seems to be assuming that Rick won the war,

The war was won before Morgan left, he invited Jadis to live at Hilltop and he stayed at the Junkyard awhile before leaving  on his journey.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

I don't think they ever explained why Morgan was so gung-ho to make it to Virginia, only to decide to turn around and go back to - I guess Texas (or Mississippi)?

I only watched it once so I may be remembering it wrong, but the way I understood it is:

Morgan got transported to Mississipi. Unfortunate accident, but he goes with it and decides to gather supplies and map out a route to Virginia because none of his new friends wanted to come anyway. Then he hears there was a hurricane so he's worried and decides to go back to Texas to check on everyone. When he gets to the bridge, his issues crop up. I think he's afraid of finding them dead or something because "I lose people and I lose myself" (I'm not really into the Morgan character or his psychology so I may be interpreting wrong) so he gets freaked out and decides to turn back around and head to Virginia anyway without checking on John etc. He lies to Sarah and Wendall about the bridge not being there anymore to justify his actions. They know he's lying and confront him with it later meaning he's not as good a guy as he pretends to be, just like them. Then at the end Morgan forces everybody to go back to Texas with him because he learned his lesson through his near death experience and surviving because of the box the good samaritan left. Or something.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Out of the four in that group, Morgan is the most experienced at killing Zombies, fighting his way out of a tough situation, and the show made the point of letting us know that the other three are newbies, inexperienced.

They at least offered us an explanation on that score. Whether or not you like it or agree with it is another topic, I guess!

Agreed, but it seems like they could have done -something- relatively low risk.  Try to throw him a weapon, or blast the truck horn before driving away.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Defeated said:
12 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Agreed, but it seems like they could have done -something- relatively low risk.  Try to throw him a weapon, or blast the truck horn before driving away.

Apparently the ‘Sarah’ character used to be in the Marine Corps at some point pre ZA, so she can hardly be described as inexperienced, and she should have more than what it takes to sort out a handful of shuffling dead people lol

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

I would be satisfied if the entire premise of this show changed to focusing on Morgan and his journey back to Virginia

I belive that the show is at its best when a small group of characters are out on the road, new places, new people, both good and bad are encountered at an enjoyable level of frequency, Z Nation had it spot on, no Hershel’s farm, no Alexandria, Oh for the good old days!

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Apparently the ‘Sarah’ character used to be in the Marine Corps at some point pre ZA, so she can hardly be described as inexperienced, and she should have more than what it takes to sort out a handful of shuffling dead people lol

Is that the long, blonde haired lady played by Mo Collins? I must've not heard the part about her being in the Marines, or it just didn't register with me.

I do remember the Beer Guy saying something like "this is my first time out in the apocalypse, and I have zero experience fighting zombies"

Edit. Thanks to everyone who gave me explanations for the story points I found confusing in this episode, much appreciated!

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
4 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Is that the long, blonde haired lady played by Mo Collins? I must've not heard the part about her being in the Marines, or it just didn't register with me.

I do remember the Beer Guy saying something like "this is my first time out in the apocalypse, and I have zero experience fighting zombies"

Edit. Thanks to everyone who gave me explanations for the story points I found confusing in this episode, much appreciated!

The bit about the Marines was in the interview with the actress, not in the show.

• Love 1
On 8/27/2018 at 10:52 PM, diebartdie said:

Maybe one of those gigantic birds, like the one in Alicia's chimney, picked it up and flew it to Mississippi.

• Love 3

It's really sad that we need to read explanations online in order to understand this show now.  I really thought Morgan had grown some common sense and was leaving the idiots behind.  No such luck.

• Love 4

I don't care enough either way to go back and rewatch it to see, but my husband the former truck driver said that because it wasn't a packed full load and nothing appeared to be strapped down that the only way everything in that trailer wouldn't have been slung everywhere, probably burying Morgan in the process, was if it was driven over smooth roads at a consistently slow speed.  Which given what we've seen of travel and the shape of the roads in this universe's version of the apocalypse seems unlikely but who knows?  We got some amusing new characters out of it and setup for the rest of the season's story, so I'm not going to sweat it thinking about it too deeply.  I find I can enjoy the snow more at least for snarking when I stick to that.

• Love 1

I think this episode was written by 12 year olds.

In case you might miss it, the central theme in this episode was beer. Big neon signs spelling it out, pretty WTF speeches about beer.

Jim is a delusional twat, but he's played by Aaron Stanford so that doesn't make me completely hate him.

So that was Jim's truck they were scooting around in? 

Lovely zombie performances though. I am torn between Roadkill Zombie and Traffic Sign Zombie #1 or Traffic Sign Zombie #2.

I think at this point in the Apocalypse, not having killed zombies is a stupid reason for abandoning a guy surrounded by them. You can say a lot about Chris and Nick and Madison, but they didn't hesitate or refuse to do what needs to be done.