Type keyword(s) to search

Hazel & Tarik: The Filipina Angelina Jolie & A Guy Who Isn't Brad Pitt Anywhere

• Start Topic

Who flies via Thailand to get to the Philipines????  

Five flights?  Man, he must have been REALLY saving money on flights.  When I googled Virginia Beach to Manila, the majority of flights had two stops (ie 3 flights).

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Horrified said:

Who flies via Thailand to get to the Philipines????  

Five flights?  Man, he must have been REALLY saving money on flights.  When I googled Virginia Beach to Manila, the majority of flights had two stops (ie 3 flights).

Someone being cheap.

• Love 4

I think he cobbled together a bunch of cheap flights. I had a friend who did this while travelling to Greece from the US.  She went through Canada, Iceland, England, I can't remember where all she went.  That kind of itinerary would drive me NUTS.  But she liked it because none of the flights were super long and she enjoyed visiting some of the stop-overs en route.

I basically plan my travel around destinations that are easy to get to from home (I live in a big city that does have some international flights so I do have a bit of an advantage).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

I don’t care if the flight is free or if they’re actually paying me to take a trip; there is no way I’m going to change planes five times to go anywhere. 

I agree!  My last few vacations have all been based on places that have a non-stop flight from here.

• Love 11

This guy is in for a world of disappointment when he sees her confessionals. She thinks he's fat and she's clearly in it simply for the economic opportunity. She didn't seem jealous about the possibility of him being with his ex-girlfriend, just upset that her opportunity may have been snatched away by some other female. Sad.

• Love 4

I noticed Hazel rubbing her nose several times & a scene when she put a cloth to her face.

Tarik is a big healthy American man who's a foreigner to Hazel. He's been traveling many hours under tremendous stress, wearing heavy clothes. 

It was obvious to me that she was overwhelmed by his strong scent.

In the condo bedroom scene he was wearing fresh pajamas, so I'm assuming he had showered. But I was curious if they had had dinner prior to arriving at the condo. I also questioned the dinner issue with Ricky & Melissa. Did he offer her a meal? 

TLC is leaving us too many unanswered questions. 

• Love 14

I do feel bad for Hazel.  I don't think she has many options and it probably kills her that she can't be with her son because of financial reasons.  I think she can do better than Tarik though. Or at least find someone that doesn't also have a child; a child with special needs in fact.   If it all works out, I think he would be good and kind to her and to her son, but I really don't see her being the best stepmother for an autistic child.  I don't think she could handle it or I think she would become resentful at being expected to be  a caregiver- she just gives off a cold and calculated vibe.  Tarik seems socially awkward and like he "ordered" a bride; it just seems icky to me.

• Love 8

I don't believe that Tarik didn't know that his AirBnB place had only one bed. People advertising on AirBnB put up very clear photos of their rental spaces or they don't stay in business for very long. They would immediately get negative feedback!

I've met parents of kids with autism who humble me because they are such patient, kind-hearted people. That being said, having a kid with autism doesn't automatically make you a good person! I'm seeing shades of Mark in Tarik. He's not looking for a patient mother for his child. He's looking for a RealDoll with a pulse.

As for Hazel, I shudder to imagine the kind of desperation that would make her get into bed with an overweight, unattractive man who is 20 years her senior. (Yes, by the standards in her country, he is overweight! Hazel probably worries about having enough to eat on a weekly basis.) She's obviously repulsed by him, and I agree with people who have said that she's coldly weighing her options, trying to figure out can she really shut down enough to have sex with this man, or can she find someone else?

As for Tarik, for him not to notice her inner turmoil, that makes him kind of a slob in my book.

TLC stumbled on a goldmine with the holy roller church. I get that it's not Tarik's thing, but he's responding a little like Larry with the lechon. Yes, it's weird to you, Tarik, but it doesn't mean you have to act like an a$$hole, behaving in such a condescending manner, looking around at them like they are freaks. This is your future wife and her family. Show some respect! Put on your poker face. Don't you play cards? 

With Tarik it's like, how dare my RealDoll have a personality and a unique history that's all her own....?

• Love 20
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Yes, it's weird to you, Tarik, but it doesn't mean you have to act like an a$$hole, behaving in such a condescending manner,

Every religion is weird except your own.   Since I don't have one, I find all organized religions bizarre. 

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, Quof said:

Every religion is weird except your own.   Since I don't have one, I find all organized religions bizarre. 

Even if I found it bizarre, I would still be polite. If my future spouse takes it very seriously, I would approach it with respect.

It might be time for Tarik to think twice about marrying someone with such  different views, but of course he won't because little red dress.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I had to laugh when she came out in the red dress and her niece said “sexy, bitch”.  They must watch a lot of American tv.

I know right? Really? What a disaster, both of them

• Love 2

Hat tip to whoever named this thread, it made me LOL. 

The disconnect between Tarik the loving dad to a special-needs kid and Tarik who thinks a woman he's known online for a couple weeks would make a great stepmom (because she's pretty??) to that kid is too much for my brain. Men really do think with their dicks, I guess?

Edited by bref
  • Love 18
54 minutes ago, bref said:

Hat tip to whoever named this thread, it made me LOL. 

The disconnect between Tarik the loving dad to a special-needs kid and Tarik who thinks a woman he's known online for a couple weeks would make a great stepmom (because she's pretty??) to that kid is too much for my brain. Men really do think with their dicks, I guess?

Tarik ain’t all that although he thinks he is. That’s probably why he’s looking for a desperate female that he can own. Why would a woman that doesn’t have custody of her own child be happy playing momma to someone else’s . 

• Love 6

I truly dislike Tarik.  I have a child with autism and I would never consider a person who I had never met just come on over and be his new stepdad.  I wouldn’t even introduce him to anyone I hadn’t fully vetted and been absolutely sure they could handle it.  It is so selfish of him.  I would never dream of doing that to my child.  And he totally thinks he owns Hazel and that she is his prostitute.  I hate that he believes that he is owed sex.  Nobody is ever owed sex, particularly with a woman whom one has just met.  He is gross.

• Love 19

My last few vacations have all been based on places that have a non-stop flight from here.

Hell, I live in a major hub in large part BECAUSE it is a major hub. If I can't go nonstop to Osaka or Dubai or Madrid, then I can't live there.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:54 PM, Quof said:

Every religion is weird except your own. 

This is true...but a five-hour service is objectively super long from a global standpoint. That kind of marathon is usually reserved for professional religious (monks, priests); not many traditions ask that of the congregation outside of major holidays (like Yom Kippur). That seemed to be a normal Sunday service for Hazel's family, not Easter or Christmas.

8 hours ago, arc918 said:

Seeing her family apartment was eye-opening.

I felt guilty for vicariously participating in the camera crew's visit. That was enough to make me feel like Tariq is doing good for the world if he marries someone away from that place. And it is no easy feat to make me root for Tariq. (Tell her parents some hokum, dumbass! You don't even have to lie about being Christian! "Your religion is beautiful. It was an honor to share that service with you. I could feel the faith of everyone around me. Hazel will teach our children to love God as you do.")

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KariLois said:

I truly dislike Tarik.  I have a child with autism and I would never consider a person who I had never met just come on over and be his new stepdad.  I wouldn’t even introduce him to anyone I hadn’t fully vetted and been absolutely sure they could handle it.  It is so selfish of him.  I would never dream of doing that to my child.  And he totally thinks he owns Hazel and that she is his prostitute.  I hate that he believes that he is owed sex.  Nobody is ever owed sex, particularly with a woman whom one has just met.  He is gross.

I remember my mom telling my sisters and I as we went out on our first official date... “ if he is nice and you like him, you can let him hold your hand on the way home”

How times have changed.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

He has been posting on Instagram today. He's getting a good edit on the show, he sounds like a bitter, salty, horny low life on IG.

That doesn't surprise me.  His cheap-ass flight plan, the way he dresses, his complaints about not getting any as soon as he arrives....

• Love 10

Do these men not think before they pack?  Tarik with that King Tut tank top and red plaid Elmer Fudd hat that looks too small for his head.  I understand that he wants to go for that younger, edgier vibe, but let me tell you something, Tarik...the young guys don't wear that stuff!

Just now, Honey said:

I initially thought that Tarik was kinda cute, but now I think he's really rather ugly. He always has that stupid hal smile, that makes him appear simple.

He looks like Carlton (Fresh Prince of Bel Air)'s chubbier, less-attractive brother.

• Love 12

I looked at his IG; he's a turd.  Apparently he's mad at TLC for editing him badly or something and proclaims that Moho is his hero.  I thought he's been getting an okay edit so far- a little weird, but they are showing him as a "nice guy" sort of thing.  Maybe it gets worse, lol.

• Love 2

The first red flag (for all of them!) being their willingness to go on this show!

I can see Mohammad and Tarik bonding over TLC making them "look bad."  But why are they even connected in the first place?  I could see maybe a couple people on the same season meeting at the tell all and discovering they have things in common and becoming friends, but in general why would you be friends with random people around the country because you have / are a foreign spouse?  Because this is nothing about the marriage and all about your co-worker buddies in fake reality TV.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Apparently he's mad at TLC for editing him badly

I'm so sick of people complaining about that.  Hey maybe check out the show first before you put your life out there for us to make fun of.   Sorry Tarik we only see what you gave us.  So far I'm not seeing anything worse than anyone else, except maybe his wardrobe. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I'm so sick of people complaining about that.  Hey maybe check out the show first before you put your life out there for us to make fun of.   Sorry Tarik we only see what you gave us.  So far I'm not seeing anything worse than anyone else, except maybe his wardrobe. 

I wonder if he's angry because he reads online comments about his stupid hat and King Tut tank top.  I doubt that TLC put him up to wearing those.  And if someone (even an "employer") told me I had to go out in public and be filmed looking like a dork, I simply would refuse and go back to my real job.

• Love 12

Funny and probably accurate about the online comments, AZ.  Maybe he's not appreciating the well deserved Elmer Fudd, Carlton's brother, a pig for wearing a wife beater to meet Angelina and the Tut ensemble to meet the parents.  He also came off as a horndog and an entitled ass.  Agree that he gave us lots of ammo (not to be confused with camo; that's the other clown). 

• Love 8
On 8/27/2018 at 9:09 PM, IvySpice said:

Hell, I live in a major hub in large part BECAUSE it is a major hub. If I can't go nonstop to Osaka or Dubai or Madrid, then I can't live there.

This is true...but a five-hour service is objectively super long from a global standpoint. That kind of marathon is usually reserved for professional religious (monks, priests); not many traditions ask that of the congregation outside of major holidays (like Yom Kippur). That seemed to be a normal Sunday service for Hazel's family, not Easter or Christmas.

I felt guilty for vicariously participating in the camera crew's visit. That was enough to make me feel like Tariq is doing good for the world if he marries someone away from that place. And it is no easy feat to make me root for Tariq. (Tell her parents some hokum, dumbass! You don't even have to lie about being Christian! "Your religion is beautiful. It was an honor to share that service with you. I could feel the faith of everyone around me. Hazel will teach our children to love God as you do.")

Hopefully the church was also playing up to the camera with their this is really how it is supposed to be "Borat" Holy Roller scene..  There is that Filipino sub culture of the very serious church member. From the Catholics who reenact the Crucifixion  during Holy Week to the local minority churches that go off the rails on fanaticism. And to  survive as a micro minority faith many tend to be the my way or the highway, disown family members who leave the 'true church" types.  As opposed to the go to any Bible believing church of the general evangelic world or any Mass in Communion with Rome of the  mainstream Catholic

• Love 1

I'm not a religious person, but I respect those who are. I almost wish I was sometimes. I think it can inspire you to stay on the right track in life and be a comfort when things suck. That said, I can't come down on Tarik for how he handled that crazy drama of a church service. Especially for someone who has no experience with something like that. Especially FIVE hours of it. I give him a lot of credit for not running out of there after the first 30 minutes and not looking back. It should have cured him of his need to hook up with people from other cultures/countries without doing his homework. If her family and church were that important to her, he should have known that before he decided to get on a plane.

• Love 12

I’m not defending Tarik, because I think he’s a dummy, but if someone told him “I want you to come to church with my family,” he probably was okay with the idea because he was going by his idea of what church services are. He may not be religious, but I doubt very seriously that he’s never been to church.

• Love 5

How did this become about Tarik and religion? He’s 20 years older than she is. Looking online for a woman to be his possession, which he is, and a woman looking for  money, which she is. Its not one better than another.  TLC is capitalizing on that and here we are watching and commenting. But both partners are the same. One isn’t using another,they both are. Sad really.

• Love 5