Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: Success Is Such Hard Work

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, iloveit said:

Besides the twitter accounts, are the girls required to have a social media presence? Can they just not do Instagram or Facebook or Twitter?

Twitter is branded and all have a DCC handle. FB & Insta are personal if they choose to have either page. 

• Love 3
On 8/24/2018 at 1:28 PM, 123DCCWoooo said:

THANK YOU!!! It seems to have gotten more and more contrived each year. It’s like fingernails on a chalkboard.

That accent is NOT contrived/over exaggerated.  She grew up in the same town in Estill County, KY. that some of my family is from.  There is no put on with it.  The days it's more pronounced, she's probably just not thinking about it so she's not controlling it.  :)  It may be annoying, but so are a lot of accents.   

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 21
36 minutes ago, Kayce said:

That accent is NOT contrived/over exaggerated.  She grew up in the same town in Estill County, KY. that some of my family is from.  There is no put on with it.  The days it's more pronounced, she's probably just not thinking about it so she's not controlling it.  :)  It may be annoying, but so are a lot of accents.   

I've never thought it was exaggerated. Accents don't disappear when you move to a new place. I've lived in a different part of the country, away from my southern hometown for 21 years and I still get asked about my accent all. the. time.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

I've never thought it was exaggerated. Accents don't disappear when you move to a new place. I've lived in a different part of the country, away from my southern hometown for 21 years and I still get asked about my accent all. the. time.

Exactly :)  When I go to Canada to visit friends, they have me "talk" for all of the locals in Toronto.  They love a good Southern accent there.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Nurses can't work 24/7.  They need time to de-stress, and if Lauren is able to still do both and fulfill her passions, then more power to her.

I do not think being a DCC is de-stressing since she is expected to sign her life over for the honor and privilege to be a DCC. At least nursing can be a rewarding career where you are actually helping others. After hearing what goes on behind the scenes in DCC Land, Lauren would be better off going back to nursing full time. And a nurse can de-stress, travel, work with kids, visit veterans without signing their lives over and wearing a skimpy outfit shaking her cash and prizes for male entertainment.

11 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

She can always go back to nursing full time when her DCC days are over. It’s not like she can’t be a nurse anymore because she took a few years off.

I agree.  She's young and the time frame window to be a DCC is not a lengthy one.  It's her life.  Enjoy it and then return to nursing afterwards knowing you had the opportunity to experience a dream few get the chance to enjoy.

• Love 18
On 8/23/2018 at 10:13 PM, MamaV said:

If anyone has the YouTube link for this episode could they please send it my way?  Thanks!

On 8/23/2018 at 10:19 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Yeah. She made the team, had too many memory mistakes and couldn't adjust to their expectations, so she only did appearance and never danced. All she wanted to do was dance. And, to add insult to injury, she was the only girl in the Jet's entire history to do this to. 

I think she's lucky they let her do that. Most teams, especially the DCC would have cut her. They probably liked her character and did her a favor. 

• Love 1

I've listened to this over and over. Still can't figure it out. Maybe someone can help me out. What does Malena say during the meeting? "We don't pump our own gas in NJ, we only pump our ? From the looks on the other girls faces it must have been a little risqué.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think being a DCC is de-stressing since she is expected to sign her life over for the honor and privilege to be a DCC. At least nursing can be a rewarding career where you are actually helping others. After hearing what goes on behind the scenes in DCC Land, Lauren would be better off going back to nursing full time. And a nurse can de-stress, travel, work with kids, visit veterans without signing their lives over and wearing a skimpy outfit shaking her cash and prizes for male entertainment.

I’ve been quite vocal on how ridiculous I find their claims about dcc being something bigger and so rewarding and whatever when they basically sign up to dance for strangers im underwear. However, I don’t judge them for going after something they like. I don’t believe that women need to have fullfiling careers and give back to the world if that’s not something they want, just as they don’t have to have babies because that’s supposed to be our purpose in thos world. For whatever reason, Lauren wants this and she’s truly classy-and yes that includes for me not posing for the calendar. She can be a nurse for the rest of her life, but she only has a few years as a dcc.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Stagecoach said:

I've listened to this over and over. Still can't figure it out. Maybe someone can help me out. What does Malena say during the meeting? "We don't pump our own gas in NJ, we only pump our ? From the looks on the other girls faces it must have been a little risqué.

Fists lol it's a Jersey Shore joke

• Love 6
On 8/24/2018 at 10:05 AM, sATL said:

Any reason they didn't flash the names of the alumni tunnel cheerleaders ? Surly they could have found 30-45 seconds to flash names on the screen - esp. if they did it by decade..

yes - the star is beautiful . but that room is just too big for 45 .. all I was seeing was cushy leather chairs.

And they were seating like a potential pyramid with Lacey being point.

On 8/24/2018 at 2:36 PM, HateWatcher said:

I agree. I have little to no dance experience and even my old fat ass knows all the moves.

I feel like we should go to that night of TC and show up the TCC on our knowledge of the dance...and then again the night of the kickline and jump splits. Like a 1-2 punch. ;) 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Lacey is the only 5th year girl, so of course she is the “point” in this seating arrangement. Would it have been equally noteworthy if she was first in a row? I don’t think the pyramid-like seating arrangement signifies anything more than the years each girl has put in. That being said, Lacey would be a good choice for point, but I can’t see Amy in the triangle.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Lacey is the only 5th year girl, so of course she is the “point” in this seating arrangement. Would it have been equally noteworthy if she was first in a row? I don’t think the pyramid-like seating arrangement signifies anything more than the years each girl has put in. That being said, Lacey would be a good choice for point, but I can’t see Amy in the triangle.

True,

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I wasn't watching too closely but Old Fred Durst photographer seemed slightly less objectionable than the Old Brett Michaels guy.   

Poor Tasha I feel like I caught hepatitis just looking at that tile floor.   

I can't remember which old TCC had a 'grandma' face but vet Amy has one too.   

Malenas crying was too over the top.  Embarrassing.  

Tina Kalina said Chandler looked like a grandma.

Malena's crying was way too over the top.

Tasha giving tips to the girls on how to pose just made me dislike her more than I already did. sorry Tasha fans.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, jlc said:

Tasha giving tips to the girls on how to pose just made me dislike her more than I already did. sorry Tasha fans.

I did think it was funny how they were gushing over Tasha's knowledge of modeling. Then someone asks, "how do you make it look so natural." and Tasha's reply was "Just be natural." Brilliant.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I wasn't watching too closely but Old Fred Durst photographer seemed slightly less objectionable than the Old Brett Michaels guy.   

Poor Tasha I feel like I caught hepatitis just looking at that tile floor.   

I can't remember which old TCC had a 'grandma' face but vet Amy has one too.   

Malenas crying was too over the top.  Embarrassing.  

Yeah, the whole time I'm thinking I could just see him in Kalyssa's apartment going, "now just pull the towel up a little higher

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, jlc said:

Just because she made the swimsuit calendar cover last year, and she does some modeling on the side does not mean you are an expert. I would rather have taken tips from Abigail Klein since she has been in movies, on television shows and in commercials and has done some modeling. I would have been embarrassed doing those scenes with Tasha.

4 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

They are in order by seniority & alphabetically:

Lacey (5 yrs)

Amy, KaShara (4 yrs)

Heather, Jessika, Kelli, Khalyn, Maddie, Tasha, Tess, Yuko (3 yrs)

Alexis, Christina, Gina, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, Tara (2 yrs)

Hannah, Jalyn, Jasmine, Kristin, Lily, Lindsay, Madeline, Malena, Rachel, Taylor J, Taylor T, Victoria (rk cnd)

Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Brennan, Briana, Bridget, Caroline, Cianna, Daphne, Dayton, Erin, Gabby (rk cnd)

2018-08-27 (8).png

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 5

Anyone notice that the girl who was posing on the tile (Tasha?) they then showed her in a different position, and her knees looked all red and bruised?  I get them being red from kneeling on a tile floor but they also looked super bruised to me.  I don't know why that stood out so much to me, but it did.

I don't really like Tasha.  I got into this show only a few seasons ago and watched the reruns in the morning, so a lot of the girls blend together for me (especially the blonde ones) so I didn't remember Tasha at first.  However, with her whole profile this episode, she just seems so fake.  Like, she's living the cheerleader smile her whole life (if that makes any sense).  Contrast with Malena, who has much the same look on her face a lot, but for whatever reason it feels very genuine to me.  I felt so bad for her in the meeting.  I'm sure the first training camp session is stressful and she's already nervous about remembering choreo, and I think she just started crying (I've done that once or twice and it's always at the worst time and you feel even more idiotic once you start crying...)

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

I think that Tasha's "hook" is that she's a Mom.  Wasn't she the one they were harping on about her weight? 

I agree. When they do what 3 words would you use to describe Tasha when she retires (hopefully soon) should be "fake, phony, and self absorbed. Sorry again Tasha fans, this is just how I feel, I know I don't personally know her, and I do not follow her on sm, this is just how I feel 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, jlc said:

I agree. When they do what 3 words would you use to describe Tasha when she retires (hopefully soon) should be "fake, phony, and self absorbed. Sorry again Tasha fans, this is just how I feel, I know I don't personally know her, and I do not follow her on sm, this is just how I feel 

Don't apologize, this is precisely how I feel about Kashara :)

• Love 7

Re: Sexy Hips: The move that I like the least is that one where it looks like they're humping the air really hard. On a one-sided stage we see their backsides during this part. I think it's really manly. It seems like it should be accompanied by some sort of grunting noise. It's hard for me to reconcile this with femininity and attractiveness. 

• Love 4

Some more thoughts:

-Hannah ... not sure what to think of her appearance at all.

-I thought Savannah actually looked great. I really liked her last season. I don't think she's a poor man's Stephanie just because their hair is the same color. I think she's beautiful and seems to be a genuinely sweet person.

-I'm sorry, but Dayton's just not good. When I say that, obviously she's probably the best in her own circles, as all of the girls are probably captains of squads, dance teachers, etc. But in this setting she just doesn't have it. I don't think Kelli's being too harsh on her, I legitimately think she is lackluster and a poor performer with a very bland personality, even if she does have the right technique. 

-I don't think Alanna is attractive

-Brennan: I really honestly hope she makes it this season, even though for whatever reason I can't get excited about her at all. She definitely does look like a bird (so do I, but just saying). And I absolutely hate her name. Sounds like a boy. But she can't control that.

-Lacey: She's always looked like Farrah Abraham to me. But I still really like her

Edited by abracadabra
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Just because she made the swimsuit calendar cover last year, and she does some modeling on the side does not mean you are an expert. I would rather have taken tips from Abigail Klein since she has been in movies, on television shows and in commercials and has done some modeling. I would have been embarrassed doing those scenes with Tasha.

I think CMT asked Tasha as well as the others to do those scenes.  That was not a spontaneous moment.  It was just another moment like the scene at Cowboy fit.  I do like that they are trying to give us more scenes with the vets, even if they aren’t the best acted.  LOL.  

• Love 3
On 8/26/2018 at 3:42 PM, Rubyslippahz said:

HA - this is hilarious - thank you. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, abracadabra said:

Some more thoughts:

-Hannah ... not sure what to think of her appearance at all.

-I'm sorry, but Dayton's just not good. When I say that, obviously she's probably the best in her own circles, as all of the girls are probably captains of squads, dance teachers, etc. But in this setting she just doesn't have it. I don't think Kelli's being too harsh on her, I legitimately think she is lackluster and a poor performer with a very bland personality, even if she does have the right technique. 

-I don't think Alanna is attractive

-Lacey: She's always looked like Farrah Abraham to me. But I still really like her

Hanna has a nerdy vibe to her. She is kind of dorky in an endearing way.

Kelli mentioned in her office visit with Dayton that she had lost the fire she had during auditions. Some posters here mentioned it was her more introverted personality, but no. Kelli noticed this lack of energy and called her out on it.

I don't think Alanna is pretty, either. It is something with her teeth. 

Lacey does look a lot like Farrah. I never paid attention to the similarity before.

21 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

HA - this is hilarious - thank you. 

Both of those guys looked like the type you would throw a drink in their face if they made those kissy noises at you. And now, just thinking of that I am ?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, abracadabra said:

Yep, I've always though that she looked like pre-plastic surgery disater Farrah. There's a couple of DCC celebrity look-a-likes. I've always thought that Alex Hermes resembled Lauren Conrad. Also, someone said previously that they thought Breelan resembled Leighton Meester. I can see it.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, veronicamers said:

No matter how well educated I am or how many states and countries I have lived in, my Pittsburgh accent is never more than two gin and tonics away.

Also, I love listening to KaShara talk.  I enjoy her accent!

4 hours ago, abracadabra said:

Re: Sexy Hips: The move that I like the least is that one where it looks like they're humping the air really hard. On a one-sided stage we see their backsides during this part. I think it's really manly. It seems like it should be accompanied by some sort of grunting noise. It's hard for me to reconcile this with femininity and attractiveness. 

Okay, I definitely laughed at the thought of the group grunting in unison out on the field!  I don't mind that move, though.  I think that it definitely emphasizes the booties but luckily the booties look very good!

Edited by Pink-n-Green
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, I've always though that she looked like pre-plastic surgery disater Farrah. There's a couple of DCC celebrity look-a-likes. I've always thought that Alex Hermes resembled Lauren Conrad. Also, someone said previously that they thought Breelan resembled Leighton Meester. I can see it.  

Alex Hermes always made me think of Marcia Brady! lol

• Love 2
7 hours ago, jlc said:

I feel like if you wanted to know about Tasha (or, honestly, abagail) you don’t need to watch this show, you already can see their entire lives on IG or on Wikipedia.  

I’ve already seen Tasha’s daughter, her huge house, her new bathroom, her daughters new bathroom, her modeling, her husband (a few times, not many) 

Show me the ones that don’t put their every waking second of social media.  

Still. I appreciate the effort, it is what we have been asking for, and I appreciate it, but way to choose the low hanging fruit, producers. 

Edited by Collette1104
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

So in this episode when they showed Tasha's man, is that the same guy who modeled with her on romance novel covers?  Because he didn't really look romance novel cover-worthy....

He must have a nice personality. Or deep pockets.

19 hours ago, veronicamers said:

Accents can most certainly disappear, diminish, or change over time. We’ve seen this on the show with Angela’s Australian accent fading, Yuko’s becoming less prominent with her better grasp of the English language, and even Colby having a British accent after living abroad for many years. Kashara’s was so heavy during introductions this year that I literally couldn’t understand what she was saying. It was not even that heavy in her first year, and it seems like she’s going overboard trying to hang on to it. She’s on her fourth year away from KY - I find it hard to believe that it not only hasn’t faded somewhat, but that it’s gotten heavier. Others may find it endearing, but it grates on me.

• Love 9

I think Alanna’s issue is her eyebrows. They’re too close together, so hopefully they will take care of it during makeovers. But I think she can glam up.

As for accents... Yuko’s accent changing makes sense to me as another non-native speaker. And you absolutely learn to speak with the accent you hear most of the times (which is why you guys can tell when someone isn’t a native speaker). I think Angela put in the effort considering that she married into an american family, but Jinele’s accent didn’t fade. Similarly, I think Kashara has been trying to cover the accent by speaking slowly (for her), but everytime she speeds up the accent gets heavy again. And honestly? Good for her. She doesn’t have to lose the accent just because she moved away.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Accents can most certainly disappear, diminish, or change over time. We’ve seen this on the show with Angela’s Australian accent fading, Yuko’s becoming less prominent with her better grasp of the English language, and even Colby having a British accent after living abroad for many years. Kashara’s was so heavy during introductions this year that I literally couldn’t understand what she was saying. It was not even that heavy in her first year, and it seems like she’s going overboard trying to hang on to it. She’s on her fourth year away from KY - I find it hard to believe that it not only hasn’t faded somewhat, but that it’s gotten heavier. Others may find it endearing, but it grates on me.

I'm going to beg to differ....yes, accents can fade but being from her area, having family from that area, family that moved to Chicago, NY, and California, that strong  accent never fades. If you're not from KY you don't understand how ingrained that accent is.   Guess that's an "agree to disagree" topic and I'm moving on :) 

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Kayce said:

I grew up in Madison County, which is next door to Estill County.  That's the way people speak. It's a regional accent and is 100% not exaggerated.  I have been told my accent gets more pronounced when I'm excited or tired.  KaShara seems very natural to me.  Accents are accents.  You can't control mountain twang any more than a person from Boston can control theirs.

• Love 16

My North Carolina accent comes on really thick when I’m tired, when I’m really stressed, or when I have been around family with the same accent (it takes me a week or more to lose my thick drawl after family visits). As someone who has been teased (good-naturedly) about my accent, I’ve got no issue with Kashara and her accent, even if sometimes it’s stronger than others. It happens, y’all!

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I grew up in Madison County, which is next door to Estill County.  That's the way people speak. It's a regional accent and is 100% not exaggerated.  I have been told my accent gets more pronounced when I'm excited or tired.  KaShara seems very natural to me.  Accents are accents.  You can't control mountain twang any more than a person from Boston can control theirs.

that's my thought exactly :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 5