Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S13.E04: Success Is Such Hard Work

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PreviouslyPeggy said:

I'm sorry I'm late to the season but has anyone mentioned why some of the pics on the wall of the practice room are blurred? Is it Erica because she's suing them because she's on the twitter banner for the show @DCCMTTonCMT with Kashara and Robin. Plus there are other women blurred in the pics on either side of Madeline and in some of the other pics. (sorry if this has already been discussed and if I'm spelling names incorrectly!) 

I don't know why some of the pictures are blurred. Maybe the girls themselves didn't want them on TV. I know people asked last year who some of them were and they weren't any of the "troublemaker" girls, or cut girls. Ha. But idk either if it's been discussed and someone knows and already said why. 

Share this post


Link to post

Tasha's upper lip distracted me the whole time I saw her during the photo shoot. It looked like a shadow. I did not like that white suit on her. I thought she looked gorgeous in her clothing photo shoot, however.

Some of the suits looked great, others were just plain ugly. I guess cut out origami is a trend right now and I am on the fence about that. 

Kelli looks way better without the heavy eye makeup she usually wears. 

Not sure how I feel about Malena. If she was benched during her Flight Crew days, why would they risk putting her in training camp?? The director, Denise Garvey used to be a DCC, so surely she has talked to Kelli about Malena. Her bursting into tears was just cringeworthy. Like honee.....STOP! Get yourself together.

I loved loved loved Kelli's swim suit in that purple tie dye! If I had her body, it would be swimwear 24/7/365. And Christina looked great as well. They did a good job showcasing the photo shoots. Heather O. was a showstopper in her blue suit. She's so pretty! 

Dayton, Dayton, Dayton. Sigh. So disappointed in her this episode. She is acting like she is already tired, worn out and over it.

I thought Brennan and Erin danced really well..big improvements. 

Even though this episode was about a 7 out of ten (could have done without that lame Cowboy Fit plug), just like Bimini, this show has definitely jumped the shark because the same worn out phrases are used ad nauseum. "You just have to go in there with confidence." "I see evidence of struggling." "I am SO excited!" " This is my first photo shoot." UGH. Can *somebody* other than Kashara think of something original to say? She's the only one who comes out with a different and unexpected phrase each time she speaks.

Where was Little Miss abs of steel Lauren at? 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Team Tasha.  I really like her.  She’s mature and beautiful.  

the Cowboys fit bit was a slap in the face for the viewer.  We don’t watch this show to be sold something.  Rude

Malena, gorgeous but come on. Ridiculous she made training camp. 

Kashara’s accent annoys the shit out of me 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, raindancer said:

 but I was getting irritated with the one who kept calling the girls "babe."  Just seemed intrusive and overly personal.

Did one of the photographers call Kelli (???) 'love buckets?"

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Did one of the photographers call Kelli (???) 'love buckets?"

The whole thing came across like he was an old beer drinking pervert at Hooters. 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, sATL said:

The website also has players...

I clicked on how much was membership...

membership.png.0f4808f72862a4f90e5c7c7c57d4185f.png

If that’s for one person, that’s really expensive compared to clubs around me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I really did not need a three minute commercial for Cowboy Fit, especially considering that the actual episode was less than 40 minutes long without commercials.

11 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Yes, they were awful. Like bad porn awful. Although the dude was hot. 

Haha, so it was just like a bad porn - hot guy, bad acting! But yeah, the acting was painfully bad.

I liked that they spent so much time on the swimsuit shoot in the Bahamas because it didn't feel rushed. And I'll never say no to seeing beautiful beaches.

I loved when Judy snuck up on whoever was face first in the water. It cracks me up that one of the dance moves I find the least sexy is nicknamed sexy hips.

I appreciated Tasha's photoshoot advice about how to lengthen your lines and slowly shift your weight (instead of whipping from one pose to another). One thing that you really need to do before a  photoshoot is practice poses in front of a mirror so that you can see the angles that your body is making and what looks good. What feels sexy or natural doesn't always look sexy or natural.

While I understand Christina saying that swimsuit modeling is out of her comfort zone, when she said that it's being half naked I was like uh, these bathing suits cover about the same amount of boobs and butt that your DCC uniform normally does. The biggest difference is that the uniform has sleeves.

Heh, one of the girls does not understand hashtags. It's not a 20 word sentence, girl.

I agree that the practice outfits tonight had an unfortunate nipple/stripper tassel look because of the placement of the star. The other thing I didn't like about this top is that the placement of the silver stripes crossed across the middle was unflattering to everyone's boobs.

Man, if Malena and Dayton are already having problems learning the first dance on the first night of training camp, I don't have a lot of hope for them to suddenly be able to learn choreography quickly. They both said that they've had problems memorizing choreography before so why do they think that they would have an easier time in training camp when they're learning multiple dances every week?

One thing I will say in Dayton's defense is that she doesn't have resting bitch face but her resting face isn't naturally smiley. A friend of mine is the same way. When she smiles, she looks so happy but when she's just sitting listening or watching something and not deliberately smiling, her facial expression is not happy/sunny/friendly looking. Her natural resting face ranges from "who farted?" to a constipated version of The Thinker. Dayton just needs to be aware of it and be conscious of what her face is doing even when she isn't performing because if she looks frowny or anything less than smiley at rehearsal, that's what she'll look like on the sidelines if she makes the team.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

I work at SMU. She works with Emma Brown...her name just hasn't been added to the site yet.

But she said she IS the Director of Recruiting Operations.  Not that she worked for the Director of Recruiting Operations.  That's a HUGE difference.  Not into those who stretch the truth to make them look better.  And regardless of how successful SMU football is, it's still a D1 college. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I rolled my eyes so hard it hurt when Kelli called the suit Lacey was wearing 'iconic'. Good Lord woman, rein in the hyperbole, just about 60 notches. its a cheesy metal cup bikini with a star and buckle on the bottoms, lets not get over-excited about it.

Seeing some of the photos the official DCC insta is choosing to post from the calendar shoot...why oh why do they choose some of those photos? some of them are just BAD, and the photoshop job makes some of the girls unrecognisable and if I were Savvy I'd have been upset tht the official insta chose the photo of her it did. awful awful photo with bad PS.

9 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Yes I noticed this too!! But I was so confused because I can’t imagine they would have taken her into training camp knowing this. Maybe they found out after finals but before training camp started?

 

Edit: Or they knew during finals but her other qualities still made her a strong enough candidate to be a TCC. Like I said in my earlier post the girl is definitely beautiful. The choreography piece would just surprise me that K & J took a gamble on her as they would say. 

Of course they'd take her to TC - you can spin an entire episode if not more off of it, constantly have her 'on the bubble' and underdog, 100% reality tv move

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Anyone else get Amanda Seyfried vibes from Lexie? 

 

Tara...looking a little rough. Can they not do anything better to her stringy hair and horrendous roots?

 

Christina looks old. And way too skinny. Her personality is so different than the other girls. She has always annoyed me for the 800 times she's been on this show, but now that she is actually on the team, she seems cold and kind of bitchy. Her overall demeanor is very different from the other girls. 

 

KaShara, adorable as ever

 

Kelli with her snorkle and goggles. Omg ?

 

Tasha- in some scenes the skin above her upper lip seems very dark. Maybe from waxing? Or a weird shadow?

 

Love the random old school music during the Bimini stuff. Salt n peppa, what?! I'm thinking they need to do some choreo to "Push It"

 

Curious to see what they do with Hannah at makeovers. Her look is rough, like, "don't F with me" kinda rough

 

I never noticed Dayton's cute freckles before! And I liked how Kelli called her "cool" lol

I think if Christina put on 5 pounds, she'd look younger. a little extra weight always makes wyou look younger as it plumps the cheeks back out, makes you youthful. the thinner you are, the older you look, and she looks too old for her age

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I really did not need a three minute commercial for Cowboy Fit, especially considering that the actual episode was less than 40 minutes long without commercials.

Haha, so it was just like a bad porn - hot guy, bad acting! But yeah, the acting was painfully bad.

I liked that they spent so much time on the swimsuit shoot in the Bahamas because it didn't feel rushed. And I'll never say no to seeing beautiful beaches.

I loved when Judy snuck up on whoever was face first in the water. It cracks me up that one of the dance moves I find the least sexy is nicknamed sexy hips.

I appreciated Tasha's photoshoot advice about how to lengthen your lines and slowly shift your weight (instead of whipping from one pose to another). One thing that you really need to do before a  photoshoot is practice poses in front of a mirror so that you can see the angles that your body is making and what looks good. What feels sexy or natural doesn't always look sexy or natural.

While I understand Christina saying that swimsuit modeling is out of her comfort zone, when she said that it's being half naked I was like uh, these bathing suits cover about the same amount of boobs and butt that your DCC uniform normally does. The biggest difference is that the uniform has sleeves.

Heh, one of the girls does not understand hashtags. It's not a 20 word sentence, girl.

I agree that the practice outfits tonight had an unfortunate nipple/stripper tassel look because of the placement of the star. The other thing I didn't like about this top is that the placement of the silver stripes crossed across the middle was unflattering to everyone's boobs.

Man, if Malena and Dayton are already having problems learning the first dance on the first night of training camp, I don't have a lot of hope for them to suddenly be able to learn choreography quickly. They both said that they've had problems memorizing choreography before so why do they think that they would

One thing I will say in Dayton's defense is that she doesn't have resting bitch face but her resting face isn't naturally smiley. A friend of mine is the same way. When she smiles, she looks so happy but when she's just sitting listening or watching something and not deliberately smiling, her facial expression is not happy/sunny/friendly looking. Her natural resting face ranges from "who farted?" to a constipated version of The Thinker. Dayton just needs to be aware of it and be conscious of what her face is doing even when she isn't performing because if she looks frowny or anything less than smiley at rehearsal, that's what she'll look like on the sidelines if she makes the team.

Ahhh resting bitch face, aka a woman who happens to not be smiling.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Aww Dayton.  She had a rough night with the choreography but quite frankly so did many others.  Like the one that looked like she was going to be sick. Kristin.  The anointed one VK did not exactly shine either.  There have been many trained dancers that struggled with the switch to pom and learning to smile and make cute faces.  

Malena.............Well that was interesting.  If they knew she was only an appearance girl, how did she make training camp but for her beauty.  Her solo was good but not great.  If you cannot be a Jet flight crew that dances, you cannot be a DCC,

Kashara always a breath of fresh air.  This episode shows once again what there is to love about her.  Fresh, relatable, and can speak on the fly where so many are parroting back what some producer fed them from CMT.  People who say she is getting too much air time, CMT can only show what they are given.  Some camera man and producer is thanking their lucky stars Kash can talk.  Many of these girls cannot talk when a microphone is around.

I liked most of the beach pictures of the ladies.  I agree Christina would look better with 5 pounds.  The curvier girls look so much better in the bathing suit photos than the way too skinny........Amy and Christina and a few others.  

I do not smile well in pictures and am accused of looking too serious.  I need to go practice saying prune for my sultry look.  LOL

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Ahhh resting bitch face, aka a woman who happens to not be smiling.

There are women who aren't smiling and then there's resting bitch face, which one of my friends has. She looks totally pissed off when she's just sitting there doing nothing. People like Dayton (and my other friend of the "who farted?" expression), on the other hand, don't have RBF. They're just not naturally smiley when they're listening. One of my sister's best friends has a very smiley resting face. I noticed that the shape of her lips and the corners of her mouth are just in a position that make her look more smiley even when she isn't actively smiling. The "who farted?" friend has a mouth where the corners are a little lower/more downturned which doesn't make her look like she's frowning, but it definitely makes her look less smiley.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Aww Dayton.  She had a rough night with the choreography but quite frankly so did many others.  Like the one that looked like she was going to be sick. Kristin.  The anointed one VK did not exactly shine either.  There have been many trained dancers that struggled with the switch to pom and learning to smile and make cute faces.  

Malena.............Well that was interesting.  If they knew she was only an appearance girl, how did she make training camp but for her beauty.  Her solo was good but not great.  If you cannot be a Jet flight crew that dances, you cannot be a DCC,

Kashara always a breath of fresh air.  This episode shows once again what there is to love about her.  Fresh, relatable, and can speak on the fly where so many are parroting back what some producer fed them from CMT.  People who say she is getting too much air time, CMT can only show what they are given.  Some camera man and producer is thanking their lucky stars Kash can talk.  Many of these girls cannot talk when a microphone is around.

I liked most of the beach pictures of the ladies.  I agree Christina would look better with 5 pounds.  The curvier girls look so much better in the bathing suit photos than the way too skinny........Amy and Christina and a few others.  

I do not smile well in pictures and am accused of looking too serious.  I need to go practice saying prune for my sultry look.  LOL

Taken into TC for the drama of it. she can be the underdog of the season, she can be the new Christina, just much less annoying as she likely won't be wittering on about how she 'deserves' to make the team just because she's tried out so many times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, MSgal said:

Can they not watch the signature routine on youtube and learn it before TC?

My thought exactly--seemed odd to me that more rookies didn't look more familiar with it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Alexis: STUNNINGGGG

Tara: cute, but looks odd

Cowboys Fit LMAOOOOO the worst acting ever, but I love both Alexis and Lexie

The swimsuit section was good, a little short but the michael voorhees guy was creepyyy

For just learning the dance that night, so many of the rookies picked up the choreography fast this year. I can definitely see why the TCCs were amazing this year.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, sATL said:

 

The dance world is not the same as it was when their moms cheered. The DCC is not the same as it was 20+ years ago - more is expected of them now.

Exactly. Back then DCC was an alternative to college, and an expressway to landed your Mrs. A less refined finishing school.

Lots of people in that area haven’t really adapted their goals for their daughters over the years. But you can’t just be cute, shake poms and marry a rich guy anymore — you actually have to dance.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

My husband and I visited the Star in July and were waiting to take a tour outside, so we saw Cowboy Fit. They had one of the glass walls (kind of like garage-door style) up so you could see what they were doing. At one point, the trainer was yelling at this group of women to run around the turf that's outside (over a microphone so everyone outside could hear him yelling at them). I was thinking, "These women are probably paying a fortune to train here only to get yelled at in public, ugh." None of the women were DCC.

 

Jay is still the DCC trainer, we actually saw him when we toured the Star. I just about freaked.

 

In my mind, only one woman is worthy of wearing a metal bikini and that's Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) in Star Wars. Lacey looks gorgeous in just about anything she wears but I wasn't a fan of that custom thing they had made.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, SuzySmith said:

But she said she IS the Director of Recruiting Operations.  Not that she worked for the Director of Recruiting Operations.  That's a HUGE difference.  Not into those who stretch the truth to make them look better.  And regardless of how successful SMU football is, it's still a D1 college. 

I was caught up in the title of "director"... I know titles vary in different fields but a couple of years out of college is quite a big promotion. 

Football is seasonal in that it does take a few calendar years to learn/experience the full details of what is going on. different months , different things happen. 

Share this post


Link to post

44 minutes ago, MicahGiggles said:

very introverted around most people in public situations and that introversion (is that a word?) developed into full blown social anxiety later in life (not saying that's Dayton!).  Around friends and family I was loud and participated in conversations and actually seemed outgoing, but in public I was very shy and somewhat withdrawn.  I was also not always 'smiley' and I always took criticism very personally when I was younger because I tried so hard to please everyone so I looked miserable when I thought I wasn't successful.

I think a lot of people can relate to that but it does not equate to a viable training camp candidate for an NFL cheerleading squad :(

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

The whole reason we are all here is a television show called Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.  A team that is on national television every week during football season.  If you're a DCC, an enormous part of your job is being on TV, both on the reality show and during games.  It's not the place for an introvert unless they are also good at acting - and I don't mean that in a snarky way at all.  Some are capable of it.  Some are not, and it shows.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I hated that they turned the photoshoot into such competition , like seriously ??? You can't say we are a sisterhood and you're placement doesn't matter the important & make something extra like the calender a race.

 

Also, the one is pic behind Dayton is Jenna not Mia. You can't tell the difference between your cheerleaders Keli !!! (Side eye)

  

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 4.04.07 PM.png

11 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Dayton has no personality!

95% of DCC don't have a personality. The prefer them that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

. but you don’t go from not being able to do flight crew choreography to being successful at dcc choreography in under a year.

dance 101 question: just how do you initally learn choreography fast - like a new complicated DCC level routine every night for 6 weeks?

Is the avg studio prepared to do that - I guess starting at the high school age ?  Are there skills to develop one's short term memory?

I noticed when Jennifer (from last week vet's class for audition) & KaShara were teaching she would sometimes say what to do for a count, other movements they would just do it -   I admit I was lost...

Edited by sATL

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I can’t believe Jay was replaced! That makes me truly mad.  I was going to start off on a happy note saying I love they used a RuPaul song in the show...but no Jay?  I’m really angry. I also hate that custom bathing suit. It doesn’t fit! I actually didn’t like most of the suits. Now I’m being negative!

I just love Jay.

He didn't replace Jay. This is just the trainer at the star. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

FFS...are there actual people that pay that much to work out at the Star?

Cheaper than Equinox and convenient for people who live up north...but yeah, that's definitely expensive.  I enjoy a posh workout experience as much as the next person, but the perks have to make it worthwhile.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, sATL said:

dance 101 question: just how do you initally learn choreography fast - like a new complicated DCC level routine every night for 6 weeks?

Is the avg studio prepared to do that - I guess starting at the high school age ?  Are there skills to develop one's short term memory?

I noticed when Jennifer & KaShara were teaching she would sometimes say what to do for a count, other movements they would just do it -   I admit I was lost...

Lacey & Kash ******

No not usually that fast. 

Actually it was confusing bec it was edited that way.

But what a thought was a little harder this year is that they made the rookies do it in a Triangle not in a straight line like usual. That was difficult for no reason. Doing a routine that you don't know that well plus Traveling and placement is just too confusing.    

Edited by mmm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I seriously loved Kellie’s reaction to the sharks lol and Judy coming up behind her and messing with her !!:) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I really liked that they took the vets for the calendar shoot AFTER auditions.  Double incentive to be in fantastic shape during auditions and not get cut for weight issues.  And less awkwardness later when you've got women who have quit/dropped/lawsuits in the active calendar.  Apparently a couple of months can make a huge difference!

I'll admit I had a close eye on Kashara this episode, and thought her figure looked great.  Maybe a bikini is just more flattering than white shorts.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SuzySmith said:

But she said she IS the Director of Recruiting Operations.  Not that she worked for the Director of Recruiting Operations.  That's a HUGE difference.  Not into those who stretch the truth to make them look better.  And regardless of how successful SMU football is, it's still a D1 college. 

I don't think she was stretching the truth to make herself look better.  There is a difference between Director of Recruiting and Director of Recruiting Operations.  Operations is logistics, coordinating and facilitating - she's probably the person behind the people who go out and do the scouting, getting them set up to do what they need to do in the field.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I liked this episode! i appreciate CMT/Kelli listening and giving us some catch up with vets and even some alumni! 

It's hard to feel bad for people getting to spend a week in paradise but dang, that weather was terrible. Tasha having to lie on that tile...blechhhh.  Sometimes I think overcast makes for better lighting in pics than bright sun but having to deal with rain...bye to all the time spent on cute hair haha 

I was dyingggg at the fitness part with Lexie and Alexis. "Omg, im' so nervous about being in shape, are you guys?" "yes but we go to the Star and workout!" "oh wow, no way, tell me more!" bahahahahaha Lexie and Alexis are so freaking cute tho, you could tell they were just like whatever, we'll have fun with it.  It was kind of weird that they kept talking about the competition to be cover girl. I wonder if that CMT induced.  Gina is so fire, HER WAIST.  

I'm still kind of baffled that people get upset with Kashara for how often she is featured when it's really not her fault? Like someone else said, CMT probably goes to her because and picks what they filmed with her most of the time because she never sounds scripted.  And then KELLI called on her to talk about the hashtag - she easily could have asked Lacey or Amy but she didn't.  that's not on Kash.  I also didn't think Kashara's accent was nearly as heavy this episode.  ps i LOVE her accent. Been to her area before and it is sooo not put on for show. 

I hope there is a bonus scene where we see more of the barbies. i've never heard of kelli giving them for different reasons - in the past it was always just about the quality of your solo/performance.  Maybe they don't want us laughing at some of the reasons LOL And I was REALLY hoping Kelli would talk about Boot Buddies since they haven't done the big sister program in ages and i think it would be fun to hear more about why they decided to pair girls up again this year. Maybe that will still be mentioned in passing at some point.  Looks like Savvy is Malena's bb and Khalyn is Dayton's? 

Man these TCCs are all so pretty.  Even the ones who aren't as glam, like Ashlee and Caroline, are still pretty.  Malena is just the cutest thing. I can see why they at least kept her as an appearance girl on the Jets - she seems so friendly and just so pretty!  But yeah, props girl for jumping from Jets to DCC, you are in for a world of hurt LOL 

I give any of these girls credit for learning choreo that fast. I'd probably be the Kristin of the group, basically just standing there, overwhelmed, and looking ready to pass out.  Jalyn however is already looking like a vet, I kept trying to watch her when she was in a shot and she just looked strong and confident.  

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, dbell1 said:

I'm going to go practice saying prrruunnee into a mirror now. 

Dang it all.  Warning next time please?

*wipes off coffee all over monitor*

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Any reason they didn't flash the names of the alumni tunnel cheerleaders ? Surly they could have found 30-45 seconds to flash names on the screen - esp. if they did it by decade..

yes - the star is beautiful . but that room is just too big for 45 .. all I was seeing was cushy leather chairs.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I really enjoyed this episode! It was funny to see the ladies who wanted no parts of playing with the stingrays. I probably would have passed out if one brushed my foot and I didn’t see it first. 

Dayton.... I am really pulling for you but you’re not giving me much to work with. I totally understand being a quiet/introverted type person, because that is SO me. But in my job I know how to quickly turn it on and off because I have to. But I’m twice her age and I had to learn how to do it. As someone who grew up in the DCC environment, it baffles me on how she could be late anywhere. Remember Whitney, who showed up so early for interviews, she had time to catch up on her reading. 

Malena.... I’m pulling for her too, but I’m not getting a good feeling. My first thoughts were if you can’t get the Flight Crew’s choreography down, there’s no way in heck you can master DCC. Hope she’s just gonna be a take home girl. 

Kashara... I have no problem with accents. But for whatever reason I have the hardest time figuring out what she’s saying sometimes. Maybe if she speaks slower. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:

I really enjoyed this episode! It was funny to see the ladies who wanted no parts of playing with the stingrays. I probably would have passed out if one brushed my foot and I didn’t see it first. 

Dayton.... I am really pulling for you but you’re not giving me much to work with. I totally understand being a quiet/introverted type person, because that is SO me. But in my job I know how to quickly turn it on and off because I have to. But I’m twice her age and I had to learn how to do it. As someone who grew up in the DCC environment, it baffles me on how she could be late anywhere. Remember Whitney, who showed up so early for interviews, she had time to catch up on her reading. 

Malena.... I’m pulling for her too, but I’m not getting a good feeling. My first thoughts were if you can’t get the Flight Crew’s choreography down, there’s no way in heck you can master DCC. Hope she’s just gonna be a take home girl. 

Kashara... I have no problem with accents. But for whatever reason I have the hardest time figuring out what she’s saying sometimes. Maybe if she speaks slower. 

I've done a stingray experience, and I won't lie, the women leaping and screaming about it were as annoying last night as they were when I did i some 20 years ago. the stingrays have had their stings removed, they're practically tame because they're fed everyday, and their undersides are silky smooth. they're like cats, honestly, they're such ssweethearts, totally non-aggressive nad friendly, and leaping and screaming around just increases the risk you'll end up stepping on one because they rest on the sand. if you're going to screech about it, don't do the experience

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I only recently began checking out this show. Feels like an infomercial. I used to be a commercial photographer albeit not in fashion....or rather this is more akin to glamour/boudoir photography and no relation to fashion whatsoever..  I found it really creepy these guys calling girls they probably just met 'babe'.... and what did the mustached guy call one... 'lovebuckets'????!!!! lol

(sorry for the rehash. didn't read previous posts first)

I can imagine what wasn't recorded. 

Edited by 100Proof
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

I've done a stingray experience, and I won't lie, the women leaping and screaming about it were as annoying last night as they were when I did i some 20 years ago. the stingrays have had their stings removed, they're practically tame because they're fed everyday, and their undersides are silky smooth. they're like cats, honestly, they're such ssweethearts, totally non-aggressive nad friendly, and leaping and screaming around just increases the risk you'll end up stepping on one because they rest on the sand. if you're going to screech about it, don't do the experience

I went to Discovery Cove in Orlando a few years ago to swim with dolphins and they have a grand reef where the rays and most of their fish are to snorkel in. I noped right out of that when I saw sting rays come near me, plus the water was freezing cold to accommodate them. I wonder if the water is Bimini is better for the sting rays. 

Did they have their stingers removed though? I thought they were wild sting ray, but it also might have been a sanctuary for them. Not sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I went to Discovery Cove in Orlando a few years ago to swim with dolphins and they have a grand reef where the rays and most of their fish are to snorkel in. I noped right out of that when I saw sting rays come near me, plus the water was freezing cold to accommodate them. I wonder if the water is Bimini is better for the sting rays. 

Did they have their stingers removed though? I thought they were wild sting ray, but it also might have been a sanctuary for them. Not sure.

when/where I did it, they were wild stingray, but the area they were in was a sort of natural sanctuary for them and to keep raising funds for it, they set up the experiences and just removed the barbs because it meant less potential danger to swimmers and to the stingray itself - didn't want anyone hurting one because it lashed out in fear/protection. but that was some time ago and it might not be common practice to remoe barbs anymore, but in order to attract the stingrays they are 100% being fed and you as a someone swimming with them will be gien food for them - they super like mushed peas and lettuce which is what we were given to feed them.  but like most animals unless you do something stupid like jump around and step on them or scream allt he time, they're super chill, they're just like cats, super curious, like brushing against you to learn what you are, and just swim around.  I used to scuba dive and dove with anything from stingrays to manta rays, all wild, all with their barbs(though obviously less of an issue with a manta but they are large to make up for it), and not a one bothered me int he least. they'd come oveer, be curious, and then carry on with what they were up to before they wondered what the weird shaped thing making bubbles as it puttled around the reef was.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

UGH!!! The swimsuit calendar scenes were bad in my opinion. I feel like a super woman, trying on the swimsuits is like trying on your prom dress, I feel honored going on the calendar shoot, I never posed for a picture wearing a bikini before. Oh no, I hope I am in great shape before going on the shoot, I better go to Cowboy Fits to get in the best shape possible.

I bet Malena was brought into TC for a storyline and to have a girl to cut. Nice of Kelli to remind all of us and the girls there are 45 girls in TC, but the squad will only be made up of 36 girls. Why do we need to know the girls' hashtags. I would rather have seen the former DCCs speak to the girls instead at the first meeting. And Tasha, you do realize your pictures were touch up big time for your calendar shoot cover. I laugh at the girls asking her for posing tips especially after seeing the poses and pictures from this year's shoot.

Nicole Hamilton is back! She was the ultimate DCC. Take note girls because she had the complete DCC package.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I went to Discovery Cove in Orlando a few years ago to swim with dolphins and they have a grand reef where the rays and most of their fish are to snorkel in. I noped right out of that when I saw sting rays come near me, plus the water was freezing cold to accommodate them. I wonder if the water is Bimini is better for the sting rays. 

It looked like they were at a beach (not a separate enclosure) and the water in the Bahamas is pretty warm (when I went, it felt like a cool bathtub). According to the internet, the water temperature in Bimini was 79 when they were doing the calendar shoot!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It looked like they were at a beach (not a separate enclosure) and the water in the Bahamas is pretty warm (when I went, it felt like a cool bathtub). According to the internet, the water temperature in Bimini was 79 when they were doing the calendar shoot!

I'm jealous! I wonder if they're liking Bimini better than Mexico for calendar. The water is probably the same temp, but the views look better in Bimini. I just wish they weren't taking photos at a hotel, it's an odd location for a swim shoot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I know so little about cheerleading in general, let alone NFL cheer teams, but from what I can gather from y'all, the Jets cheer team isn't as good as DCC? I don't know why I'm surprised by that; maybe because there are so many dancers in the NYC area... Or maybe because Danielle came from the Jets and was so good? Anyway. This is going to sound super naive, but according to the show, there are no cheer teams as good as the DCC--is that true? Is it DCC then a huge gap, other teams like the Jets, then, like, the Packers with their local college cheerleaders at the bottom?

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

UGH!!! The swimsuit calendar scenes were bad in my opinion. I feel like a super woman, trying on the swimsuits is like trying on your prom dress, I feel honored going on the calendar shoot, I never posed for a picture wearing a bikini before. Oh no, I hope I am in great shape before going on the shoot, I better go to Cowboy Fits to get in the best shape possible.

I bet Malena was brought into TC for a storyline and to have a girl to cut. Nice of Kelli to remind all of us and the girls there are 45 girls in TC, but the squad will only be made up of 36 girls. Why do we need to know the girls' hashtags. I would rather have seen the former DCCs speak to the girls instead at the first meeting. And Tasha, you do realize your pictures were touch up big time for your calendar shoot cover. I laugh at the girls asking her for posing tips especially after seeing the poses and pictures from this year's shoot.

Nicole Hamilton is back! She was the ultimate DCC. Take note girls because she had the complete DCC package.

 

Tasha did looking smoking hot in that cover photo from last season, but I found all the other DCC’s being all fangirl over her expertise in modeling cringeworthy.  They were acting as if she was some sage explaining to them the meaning of life when it was just tips on how to make yourself look skinnier in photos.   Just really vapid stuff - I’m not sure what I expect watching a show like this though -  Lol!

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, doingthejackal said:

I know so little about cheerleading in general, let alone NFL cheer teams, but from what I can gather from y'all, the Jets cheer team isn't as good as DCC? I don't know why I'm surprised by that; maybe because there are so many dancers in the NYC area... Or maybe because Danielle came from the Jets and was so good? Anyway. This is going to sound super naive, but according to the show, there are no cheer teams as good as the DCC--is that true? Is it DCC then a huge gap, other teams like the Jets, then, like, the Packers with their local college cheerleaders at the bottom?

I think it’s more that the DCC is the most famous so they get the top talent - like girls plan their whole lives and come from all over to audition for DCC, but the other NFL teams are mostly just local girls who decide to do it for fun and/or the first step - if they get more serious about it they decide to go out for DCC.   At least that’s how I understand it.  

I will add that sometimes college teams are a lot better than pro teams as they can contain girls actually majoring in dance and/or really talented dancers that chose their college for educational reasons and don’t really plan to make a career out of pro cheerleading.  Pro cheerleading is very low paying and really doesn’t get a lot of respect in the legit dance world - there are a lot of dancers who wouldn’t be caught dead shaking their cash and prizes in a skimpy outfit for a pro sports team, but they’d actually enjoy being on a college dance team for the comaraderie, etc.   Dancing on college teams kind of has a little more respectability than pro teams cause a lot of pro teams are more “eye candy” than dancers - not really the case for college squads.  At least that’s my take on it all.

One more edit - college CHEER teams are a different animal than DCC.  Cheer is often partner stunts and tumbling in college - and the teams are coed w/ boys who base the girls, etc.    When everyone is talking about college teams were talking about Pom Squads and dance teams that are the college version of DCC - the vast majority of the big sports colleges have a separate cheer team and a dance team - they are different.   Like the LSU tiger girls are dancers and they are not the same as the LSU cheerleaders.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The first meeting .... what was the seating order ?

Looked like Lacey was a the top by herself .... was it ranked by year or how they scored .???

Just curious ;-)

Share this post


Link to post

A lot of pro dance teams have a 3 round audition process like DCC that takes a week or so but from that the final team is picked. Maybe the Jets do not have an actual training camp where further cuts can be made before the football season. That is how K&J are able to discover who can handle learning the choreography quickly verses someone who just happened to get the audition routine enough to get past semi finals.  

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

 

Tasha did looking smoking hot in that cover photo from last season, but I found all the other DCC’s being all fangirl over her expertise in modeling cringeworthy.  They were acting as if she was some sage explaining to them the meaning of life when it was just tips on how to make yourself look skinnier in photos.   Just really vapid stuff - I’m not sure what I expect watching a show like this though -  Lol!

The meet a vet Tasha scenes were bad too. They made her sound like an expert on modeling because she has a clothes line and does some modeling. Really... It does not make you an expert. I am sure Tasha is a nice person and some of the girls do look up to her, but please do not try to sell us she is the be all, end all in the DCC World when it comes to modeling and posing because *gasp* she made the calendar cover especially when you can tell her picture was seriously touched up.

Share this post


Link to post

So Malena couldn't memorize and perform dances for the Jets, and only did appearances?      I wonder if anyone knew that before she tried out?     I hope Judy has smelling salts available, because I'm guessing Miss Kelli needed them to get over her attack of the vapors after hearing that from Malena.   

And the remarks about how easy it is to make other teams is exactly right.     The Washington football ladies barely dance at all, and are almost all for appearances, and standing around looking cute.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size