Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: Success Is Such Hard Work

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Maybe Lauren's employer told her they didn't want her doing the shoot & it wasn't her decision at all.

That could very well be, but the DCC uniform =swimwear, so it is 6 and one half dozen of the other. If they frown on a swimwear photo, shaking her tush in micro shorts on the field should also be verboten.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, I was thinking about all the covers I've seen on the show, and they feature girls in uniform.  So for Kelli to say what she said, it was kind of confusing cause it's only been the one year.  I think...…….

In season 7, Kelli talks about the natural competition that exists of who will make the calendar? Then, during the extended photo shoot episode, all of the girls talk about THAT friendly competition. 

Fast forward 6 years, Kelli says the competition is: who will make the cover, and again, the girls’ comments follow her lead. 

15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Maybe Lauren's employer told her they didn't want her doing the shoot & it wasn't her decision at all.

All we know for sure is that it was for "personal reasons." I don't think we'll get any more information about it other than that. We can speculate all day as to what those "personal reasons are" until she flat out tells us.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think that is the case since Lauren did go on the shoot. She may have felt posing in bikinis a certain way may not be good for her nursing job. Like a few posters have said nurses can be sexually harassed on the job. I respect her for it and obviously Kelli and Judy had no problems with it. My husband had a job at a hospital as an aide, and he got sexually harassed by some of the older female patients. I have the almost respect and admiration for nurses, The ones who took care of my husband when he was on dialysis and when he had his kidney transplant were great.

Also, published photos in a bikini calendar might violate a “code of conduct” clause for the hospital that employs her. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

All we know for sure is that it was for "personal reasons." I don't think we'll get any more information about it other than that. We can speculate all day as to what those "personal reasons are" until she flat out tells us.

Agree.  Because of this, I think it's time to let it go & respect her decision.  I'm glad TPTB chose to still include her and bring her on the trip for the team bonding experience.  From the photos we saw on Insta, she appeared to help behind the scenes along with Jinelle, thus earning her trip differently than posing in front of the camera and saying "pruuuune".

Edited by go4luca
typos-r-us
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

They're not. Remember, a Sting Ray is why Steve Irwin died. However, from the pictures it looked like these Sting Rays were debarbed and likely trained to show up for tourists to feed them. 

I was thinking of the Steve thing the whole time! Ah!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think that is the case since Lauren did go on the shoot. She may have felt posing in bikinis a certain way may not be good for her nursing job. Like a few posters have said nurses can be sexually harassed on the job. I respect her for it and obviously Kelli and Judy had no problems with it. My husband had a job at a hospital as an aide, and he got sexually harassed by some of the older female patients. I have the almost respect and admiration for nurses, The ones who took care of my husband when he was on dialysis and when he had his kidney transplant were great.

That’s awful that nurses get harrassed like that.  I had no idea.  Sounds like a reason to always have two of them in a room when with a patient IMO.  Hospitals should possibly be doing a better job to protect their employees.

And just cause you pose in a swimsuit calendar, it doesn’t mean you are asking to be harrassed at work - I’m hoping her declining to pose because of her job is for professional reputation or policy reasons and not cause she fears harrassment.   

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

That’s awful that nurses get harrassed like that.  I had no idea.  Sounds like a reason to always have two of them in a room when with a patient IMO.  Hospitals should possibly be doing a better job to protect their employees.

And just cause you pose in a swimsuit calendar, it doesn’t mean you are asking to be harrassed at work - I’m hoping her declining to pose because of her job is for professional reputation or policy reasons and not cause she fears harrassment.   

I agree no one should be harassed because they may have posed for a swimsuit calendar. She made the decision she felt was right for her career wise, and Kelli and Judy respected her decision and took her on the shoot.

I remembered being sexually harassed by male developmentally disabled clients on the job when I worked in group homes. I had one ask me to lift up my top to show him my goodies and pretend to choke on his food so I would have to perform CPR on him so he would have a chance to grab me to try to kiss me and grab certain parts of my body.

No female or male should be sexually harassed due to what they are wearing or what job they do. As fans, we may not like the team the cheerleaders are cheering for, but it is not the right for any man or woman to make nasty comments, be grabby grabby, or treat the cheerleaders like they are a piece of meat only out there for our enjoyment.

Edited by bigskygirl
12 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

I think this has since been covered, but I don’t think you want to ingrain it in your head I’m advance without the specifics, which you can’t get from a YouTube video. 

So gross. Could not agree more. This pic is terrible and Kash is so cute. 

Wait. That wasn’t Ron Jeremy with the camera!? His brother maybe!!??

I agree with your point 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

kinda hoping you meant 'utmost respect' rather than 'almost respect' here ;)   two very very different meanings!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

kinda hoping you meant 'utmost respect' rather than 'almost respect' here ;)   two very very different meanings!!

LOL that's why "damn you autocorrect" is a real thing :)

• Love 9
5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

did i ever tell you, you're my hero?! 

The best way to learn these were when they use to have a video of the game day girl doing the whole routine.  That way I can study the girls across the field from the back and would use slo mo and will sometimes pause and sketch the positions of arms/hands feet at that count and this was helpful.  Then when I dance to see how I am doing I place a mirror in front of me with the TV screen behind me allowing me to see myself dance "with them"  Its so fun

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

Yes I meant utmost respect.

28 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL that's why "damn you autocorrect" is a real thing :)

Ha!

Edited by bigskygirl
26 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Kelli's student   "Hey Mom & Dad, my teacher is on the cover of a magazine in a bathing suit and I can see a lot of her butt.)

Please don't tell me she teaches middle or high school... If so, OMG... When this sub-topic was just started that was my vision.... when student go to their lockers... gym locker rooms.. there is the display. Any age can buy  a calendar. But I guess the principal can put a stop to that though.

Actually, any occupation where one encounters the public or impressionable young-ins' (including college age) could have the same reaction.  Does sports illustrated still make a paper calendar ?

22 minutes ago, sATL said:

Please don't tell me she teaches middle or high school... If so, OMG... When this sub-topic was just started that was my vision.... when student go to their lockers... gym locker rooms.. there is the display. Any age can buy  a calendar. But I guess the principal can put a stop to that though.

Actually, any occupation where one encounters the public or impressionable young-ins' (including college age) could have the same reaction.  Does sports illustrated still make a paper calendar ?

Yup they do.

The truth is ANY of these women, regardless of occupation, should be able to say they do not want to pose for the swimsuit calendar, or pose a certain way, or wear or not wear any particular suit. THEY should be the ones drawing the lines — not any employers, be it DCC or anyone else.

lots of women might be ok with a bikini pic, but not that stupid pulling down of the bottoms, or being on all fours or that ridiculous pose with the untied top dangling off. It should not matter if they are a nurse or a teacher.

• Love 10
On 8/24/2018 at 3:19 AM, tinabee1967 said:

Some of the suits looked great, others were just plain ugly.

Did they say Judy was responsible for pulling together the suits for the shoot? I found that really surprising. Her personal style is so tasteful. And so many of those swimsuits were trying to be edgy but were just bad.

On 8/24/2018 at 4:44 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It cracks me up that one of the dance moves I find the least sexy is nicknamed sexy hips..

I really dislike "sexy hips". It looks like they're trying to sit on the toilet but aren't quite sure where it is. I think sexy hips is one of the reasons they'll never have a guy on this team. He'd look ridiculous doing those kinds of moves, and they aren't going to change "DCC style" to accommodate a dude.

On 8/24/2018 at 4:44 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

While I understand Christina saying that swimsuit modeling is out of her comfort zone, when she said that it's being half naked I was like uh, these bathing suits cover about the same amount of boobs and butt that your DCC uniform normally does. The biggest difference is that the uniform has sleeves.

I totally get what she was saying. When you're wearing that little clothing, every square inch of fabric counts. The DCC uniform probably feels like a snowsuit compared to some of those bikinis.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:22 AM, ATLGirl said:

In my mind, only one woman is worthy of wearing a metal bikini and that's Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) in Star Wars.

+ that model in the metal bikini in George Michael's "Too Funky" video

On 8/24/2018 at 9:59 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

And the remarks about how easy it is to make other teams is exactly right.     The Washington football ladies barely dance at all, and are almost all for appearances, and standing around looking cute.  

If that's true that they hardly dance, it's extra weird that they also needed to create an additional team of 20-odd non-dancing ambassadors.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:30 AM, Maven said:

Kelli Finglass rocked her bathing suit! They've had her squeezing it in those tight dresses and Spanx so much on the show, I wasn't sure what her shape was really like. But she looks fantastic! You go, girl.

I thought she looked great too.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:36 AM, MrsEVH said:

I watched it again. How did Kelli know about Malena being benched BEFORE she came into the office?  She didn't mention it when she was called out by Kelli (@ The Star) but they did show the little intro of her and it was mentioned there.  It also showed 2 shots of Malena in a FC uniform on the field. Kelli brought it up with Judy just before Malena came in.  I'm guessing cmt edited those scenes. 

No way Kelli didn't have a conversation about it with Denise Garvey when she checked Malena's references. And on a side note...those were the best photos Malena could provide of herself in uniform??

On 8/24/2018 at 10:38 AM, sATL said:

and all that is her natural-born "gifts" , right ? Or did she buy/add a little ? I just have a hard time with seeing her dance 4 qtrs of a football game.. only so much a bra can do....

She was probably a bit smaller up top when she was a DCC and had to have much lower overall body fat.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:59 AM, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Tasha looks out of shape.

I don't see that at all.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:10 AM, Disneydiva628 said:

Lacey’s bathing suit looked so uncomfortable I wouldn’t be comfy .

I just kept thinking "boob sweat."

23 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

The endless “We want to make cover!” conversations were just too much, didn’t the person who edited it realize that? Seriously it was discussed by about every single girl. 

Probably because the producers asked every single one of them "do you think you'll get the cover?"

22 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Shelly wants it more than Dayton did. Shelly, in my opinion, seems to have a good head on her shoulders when it comes to Dayton and what she feels is the best for Dayton. Shelly to me is a great mom, and Dayton is a beautiful and talented young lady who has a good head on her shoulders and a bright future ahead of her with or without being a DCC. I wish Shelly at times could be a mentor for the girls instead of Melissa because Shelly would help the girls understand not being a DCC is not the end of the world after being cut and would probably help the girls who are cut find their own way in the world outside of the DCC World.

Dayton seems to me like a case of someone wanting something and having to wait a long time for it, only to discover when the time finally came, she wasn't all that excited about it after all, but she'd come this far so she followed through on the audition. I also think that Dayton wouldn't have let Shelly teach her the routines in advance. She would've wanted to do it on her own.

22 hours ago, PBSLover said:

No photographer with any class has their models on all fours. And if any cheerleader is reading this DO NOT POSE ON ALL FOURS. I mean seriously?  This just pisses me off.

But why are you surprised? You know who the target audience is for this. Most of those calendars aren't being sold to little girls and female fans. That's a classic "men's magazine" pose.

21 hours ago, Maven said:

Yes. CMT producers, please go watch Season 2 for a tutorial on how to capture the calendar shoot. Play a cutsy song ("I'm just a summer girl, I wear my flip flops...") and show the girls striking a pose in their swimsuits, smiles and all. Sweet, and sexy in a wholesome way. We do not ever need to see the photographers. Especially the creepy ones they're using now. Ew.

Sports illustrated used to do tv specials about their swimsuit issue, and I used to enjoy watching. Their photographer Walter Iooss was a class act. He produced beautiful images and never had to speak that way to the models. Then again, maybe professional models are pros because they can do the job without a stream of constant commentary about how hot and sexy they look. Maybe the DCC girls, not being pros, do need more feedback. It was still creepy though.

20 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Last year when she auditioned she said she was a cardiac nurse.

I can't imagine she still does that, and is a member of Show Group. That seems pretty impossible.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Kelli's student   "Hey Mom & Dad, my teacher is on the cover of a magazine in a bathing suit and I can see a lot of her butt.)

Yeah - I could see where it wouldn’t look good for certain professions to be in a calendar like that.   What grade does Kelli teach?

I know the DCC uniform is almost just as revealing as a swimsuit, but it’s just different...and the posses are much more sultry in the calendar.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Did they say Judy was responsible for pulling together the suits for the shoot? I found that really surprising. Her personal style is so tasteful. And so many of those swimsuits were trying to be edgy but were just bad.

I really dislike "sexy hips. It looks like they're trying to sit on the toilet but aren't quite sure where it is. I think sexy hips is one of the reasons they'll never have a guy on this team. He'd look ridiculous doing those kinds of moves, and they aren't going to change "DCC style" to accommodate a dude.

I totally get what she was saying. When you're wearing that little clothing, every square inch of fabric counts. The DCC uniform probably feels like a snowsuit compared to some of those bikinis.

+ that model in the metal bikini in George Michael's "Too Funky" video

If that's true that they hardly dance, it's extra weird that they also needed to create an additional team of 20-odd non-dancing ambassadors.

I thought she looked great too.

No way Kelli didn't have a conversation about it with Denise Garvey when she checked Malena's references. And on a side note...those were the best photos Malena could provide of herself in uniform??

She was probably a bit smaller up top when she was a DCC and had to have much lower overall body fat.

I don't see that at all.

I just kept thinking "boob sweat."

Probably because the producers asked every single one of them "do you think you'll get the cover?"

Dayton seems to me like a case of someone wanting something and having to wait a long time for it, only to discover when the time finally came, she wasn't all that excited about it after all, but she'd come this far so she followed through on the audition. I also think that Dayton wouldn't have let Shelly teach her the routines in advance. She would've wanted to do it on her own.

But why are you surprised? You know who the target audience is for this. Most of those calendars aren't being sold to little girls and female fans. That's a classic "men's magazine" pose.

Sports illustrated used to do tv specials about their swimsuit issue, and I used to enjoy watching. Their photographer Walter Iooss was a class act. He produced beautiful images and never had to speak that way to the models. Then again, maybe professional models are pros because they can do the job without a stream of constant commentary about how hot and sexy they look. Maybe the DCC girls, not being pros, do need more feedback. It was still creepy though.

I can't imagine she still does that, and is a member of Show Group. That seems pretty impossible.

She's employed at an arlington hospital. she's really passionate about it so she might be part time now, but there was an interview of her late last year in her position with comments from her colleagues and that,, and she's posted pics in her nurse uniform so she definitely still works.

Parker quickly admits both nursing and professional cheerleading require hard work and commitment. “You never stop learning, and you must be willing to put in the work to become better, stronger, smarter and more patient,” she said. “Both professions are team sports, too. Giving your best at all times is the only option.”

According to Cari Lidgett, the hospital’s Medical & Neuro Telemetry nurse manager, Parker’s unselfish commitment translates into safe and reliable care for patients and their family members.

“Lauren sits, cries and laughs with her patients,” she said. “She’s a pillar of excellence for our hospital and a positive reflection of our organization in the community.”

Lidgett thinks Parker’s strong work ethic benefits her in all aspects of life. “Holding yourself accountable and always looking to perform at your best are qualities any successful organization looks for in its employees.”

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 8

We do have a few 8 hr shifts for our nurses, especially those who work per diem/as needed, as well as some 16s. I presume Lauren does something like that.

There’s no logistical way any human could do a 6:45am to 7:15pm shift, presuming it did end exactly then and she didn’t have to stay over, in Arlington and then make it to The Star for four more hours of practice, then back to work at 6:45 the next day. Nights would obviously be out. 

1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

We do have a few 8 hr shifts for our nurses, especially those who work per diem/as needed, as well as some 16s. I presume Lauren does something like that.

There’s no logistical way any human could do a 6:45am to 7:15pm shift, presuming it did end exactly then and she didn’t have to stay over, in Arlington and then make it to The Star for four more hours of practice, then back to work at 6:45 the next day. Nights would obviously be out. 

in the article it states that 'typically 'she does a 12 hour shift, but that doesn't mean that's what she was alwas doing or that as time went on she might have changed that up/gone part time etc

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Plus extra show group rehearsals, plus time off for show group performances, some of which require travel. I mean...how?

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Their photographer Walter Iooss was a class act.

Walter was an award-winning sports photographer for Sports Illustrated prior to getting the assignment to shoot the swimsuit issues.  It is safe to assume he had a completely different kind of relationship with his subjects than these guys. Thanks for the reminder about Walter. I had forgotten his name.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Plus extra show group rehearsals, plus time off for show group performances, some of which require travel. I mean...how?

never sleeps???  I gues if you want omething enough and you know it'll be relatively short term, and you have that drive, then you can do it, but I can't imagine it's remotely easy.  I imagine she's gone part time or even perhaps a substiute role, but she's super passionate about nursing, it's her 'calling', and that's definitely what she sees as her life career, so if you know you're only going to DCC for a couple years or so - wouldn't be surprised if sshe retired after this year- then perhaps its worth the sleep deprivation?  I can honestly say I couldn't do it!!

11 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

never sleeps???  I gues if you want omething enough and you know it'll be relatively short term, and you have that drive, then you can do it, but I can't imagine it's remotely easy.  I imagine she's gone part time or even perhaps a substiute role, but she's super passionate about nursing, it's her 'calling', and that's definitely what she sees as her life career, so if you know you're only going to DCC for a couple years or so - wouldn't be surprised if sshe retired after this year- then perhaps its worth the sleep deprivation?  I can honestly say I couldn't do it!!

And to add , she hasn't been late.... just sounds close to miraculous that she is able to leave out in enough time to make all of the DCC events and rehearsals. No getting stuck on a complicated case, no last minute paperwork or over-run meeting, no asking to cover for so-and-so (one can only say no so many times) , no traffic issues- just getting out of the deck/lot during shift change can be a challenge. . Then leaving time in her personal schedule to practice, prepare healthy meals that travel well,  and work-out to keep her DCC figure.

I have family members/friends  in nursing who have to worked either Thanksgiving weekend or Christmas-New Years week. The cowboys always play Thanksgiving and I thought the USO tours was around Christmastime.

1 minute ago, sATL said:

And to add , she hasn't been late.... just sounds close to miraculous that she is able to leave out in enough time to make all of the DCC events and rehearsals. No getting stuck on a complicated case, no last minute paperwork or over-run meeting, no asking to cover for so-and-so (one can only say no so many times) , no traffic issues- just getting out of the deck/lot during shift change can be a challenge. . Then leaving time in her personal schedule to practice, prepare healthy meals that travel well,  and work-out to keep her DCC figure.

I have family members/friends  in nursing who have to worked either Thanksgiving weekend or Christmas-New Years week. The cowboys always play Thanksgiving and I thought the USO tours was around Christmastime.

again, she might have gone part time or something since the article, or even in a substitute role, called in if someone eles can't do their shift, but as of late last year she was definitely working. her hospital might also consider it presitgious to have her on staff and so are accomodating, I don't know. but people have managed things like that. I mean Tyler Hoechlin (the actor) attended college, played varsity baseball at the national level and still acted in seventh heaven for most of his college career and at the time he was in college in california and filming in new york every week gettina red eye to new york, filming, red eye home and straight to his first class monday morning and he managed it all so doing a lot is doable, its just hard as hell and you need employeers that are flexible and you need to have EPIC time management skills and know everything well in advance to schedule stuff

• Love 1
On 8/24/2018 at 2:10 PM, Disneydiva628 said:

Lacey’s bathing suit looked so uncomfortable I wouldn’t be comfy .

I don’t think this was created for people to actually buy it and wear it while hanging out on the beach or by the pool. This was for this shoot, and maybe some in the future, but it’s not designed to sell to the masses. 

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

32 hours can be special full time at a lot of hospitals, so if she had the energy do do two 16 hour shifts, she could be done for the week.

Let’s hope lauren does a live chat soon and we can just as her how she juggles it all. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - I could see where it wouldn’t look good for certain professions to be in a calendar like that.   What grade does Kelli teach?

I know the DCC uniform is almost just as revealing as a swimsuit, but it’s just different...and the posses are much more sultry in the calendar.

Kelli teaches preschool. Highly doubt her toddlers will be looking at the DCC calendar 

• Love 4

Watched the episode again: 

Every girl in TC is just beautiful, but poor Amy has a funny face. My eye sees everyone else and when I see her, it is like #recordscratch. 

Yuko looks like a middle school kid in swimwear, to the point she looks underage and it freaks me out. Alexis, on the other hand, was crazy unreal in that pinky nude suit she wore. Just.....jawdrop!!

Christina looked fantastic during her swimwear try ons. She tried on an off white one and it was a winner. Lexie was surprisingly really gorgeous! I think she has been overlooked in the past and it was nice to see her focused on.

As far as the weather in Bimini, it is a lot like SW FL where I live. It rains, then the storms move around and there are peaks of sunlight within a half hour. No sun means less squinty eyes. 

LOVE Heather O. Lovelovelove. :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

in the article it states that 'typically 'she does a 12 hour shift, but that doesn't mean that's what she was alwas doing or that as time went on she might have changed that up/gone part time etc

I use to work the weekend shift as an RN. I worked 7am-7pm Saturday and Sunday and got paid for full time. Maybe she does something like that and she get's FB Sundays off.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Lol. And I haven’t seen a DCC hot bikini coloring book anywhere. 

Hahahahahaha 

In regards to the comment above about awkward parent teacher conferences with dads, who cares? They’re adults and not her students. Kelli looks awesome and I doubt being in the calendar is something she ashamed of or doesn’t want people seeing. 

• Love 1
On 8/24/2018 at 11:59 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Malena couldn't memorize and perform dances for the Jets, and only did appearances?      I wonder if anyone knew that before she tried out?     I hope Judy has smelling salts available, because I'm guessing Miss Kelli needed them to get over her attack of the vapors after hearing that from Malena.   

And the remarks about how easy it is to make other teams is exactly right.     The Washington football ladies barely dance at all, and are almost all for appearances, and standing around looking cute.  

That was so unfortunate that she didn’t say that it takes her a minute to get the routines, rather than she has memory issues - memory issues so severe that she was the only girl benched in the Flight Crew’s history, and no follow up to say how she has developed techniques to resolve that issue.  By admitting to severe memory issues, K & J are left with the thought that even if she does get the routines, there is an ongoing risk that she will forget them.   Oh Malena.  That’s rough.   I just don’t see how they can take that risk unless she absolutely kills it from here on out without a single misstep.  I don’t think Morgan should have ever made the team for the same reasons.  It was a nailbitter watching Morgan on the show knowing she was going to screw up, you just didn’t know when... although I can’t remember exactly if Morgan never made a mistake on the field while on the team, so maybe there’s hope.  

11 hours ago, ByTor said:

which means you would have to both unlearn and then relearn, which would be harder than coming in not knowing it at all.

Whoa. Catch 22 right here.

"They're like puppies..." said no one ever about stingrays.

Tara is way better dancing than being a model.

Tasha giving posing tips was totally 'woodscommaelle' teaching the Bend and Snap. 

Again with the paper name tags? They couldn't come up with a better way to display their names in the entire past year? 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Hahahahahaha 

In regards to the comment above about awkward parent teacher conferences with dads, who cares? They’re adults and not her students. Kelli looks awesome and I doubt being in the calendar is something she ashamed of or doesn’t want people seeing. 

Oh, I was talking about the dad’s coloring, not the toddlers. ?

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Whoa. Catch 22 right here.

"They're like puppies..." said no one ever about stingrays.

Tara is way better dancing than being a model.

Tasha giving posing tips was totally 'woodscommaelle' teaching the Bend and Snap. 

Again with the paper name tags? They couldn't come up with a better way to display their names? 

Nope sorry, that's just untrue.  It just is.  I've dived for 20 years around the world with rays ranging from smaller than a dinner plate to mantas and every diver I've come across has said that. theyre not aggressive. tey're more likely to swim aaway than attack. the only known attacks I've encountered have been because somone stepped on a ray that was on the sand or because the diver was harrassing it.  u

1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

"And it was the world in which you were raised."

Yeesh, Kelli. That tone was nasty.

I found tht so ridiculous - it's not really the world in which she was raised, its the world she was raised next to. I doubt when her mom was a DCC that they had as many dances to learn in such a quick time and her experiences as a DCC some 30+ years ago are not comparable to what it is now. Dayton isn't exactly going to rehearsals with the DCC or every game and watching the dancers the whole time and not the damn football. she might be int he world of dance, but not the DCC world per se. times have changed since Kelli and her teammates were DCC and i wonder to what degree if young them were to try out now, if they'd have the chops to make it.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Nope sorry, that's just untrue.  It just is.  I've dived for 20 years around the world with rays ranging from smaller than a dinner plate to mantas and every diver I've come across has said that. theyre not aggressive. tey're more likely to swim aaway than attack. the only known attacks I've encountered have been because somone stepped on a ray that was on the sand or because the diver was harrassing it.  u

Really? That's cool.  They just don't seem all cuddly and fuzzy to me.

Was Kelli wearing the same pink dress in the previews as Savannah this episode?

Edited by woodscommaelle
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Watched the episode again: 

Every girl in TC is just beautiful, but poor Amy has a funny face. My eye sees everyone else and when I see her, it is like #recordscratch. 

Yuko looks like a middle school kid in swimwear, to the point she looks underage and it freaks me out. Alexis, on the other hand, was crazy unreal in that pinky nude suit she wore. Just.....jawdrop!!

Christina looked fantastic during her swimwear try ons. She tried on an off white one and it was a winner. Lexie was surprisingly really gorgeous! I think she has been overlooked in the past and it was nice to see her focused on.

As far as the weather in Bimini, it is a lot like SW FL where I live. It rains, then the storms move around and there are peaks of sunlight within a half hour. No sun means less squinty eyes. 

LOVE Heather O. Lovelovelove. :)

I always feel this way about Maddie. she looks 12 to me

4 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Really? That's cool.  They just don't seem all cuddly and fuzzy to me.

cuddly and fuzzy has not much to do with being friendly, but they're curious, they'll come over and check you out and rub against you a little, kinda like a cat rubbing against your leg. for the most part, unless you are the aggressor, they just wanna check you out and then continue on with their day. many will just hang out ont he sand until you go away. some are more interactive than others, like any creature, and will kinda swim along with you, and follow you around and check out what you're up to, but for the most part, its kinda like most animals- unelss you go to hurt it, it doesn't want to hurt you.  

moray eels on the other hand....those little beggars are just evil and always freaked me out. probably once because a newbie diver who was an arrogant pain in the butt we all wanted to throw overboard kept insisting they had no teeth and wouldn't beliee us when we corrected him so when we on a dive, he found one, and shoved his hand in its face.  unsurprisingly, it took offence and bit straight into the fleshy bit between finger and thumb and would not let go for love nor money until it decided it wanted to.  that was a fun day.

Edited by CaseyRe
9 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I found tht so ridiculous - it's not really the world in which she was raised, its the world she was raised next to. I doubt when her mom was a DCC that they had as many dances to learn in such a quick time and her experiences as a DCC some 30+ years ago are not comparable to what it is now. Dayton isn't exactly going to rehearsals with the DCC or every game and watching the dancers the whole time and not the damn football. she might be int he world of dance, but not the DCC world per se. times have changed since Kelli and her teammates were DCC and i wonder to what degree if young them were to try out now, if they'd have the chops to make it.

You do realize that @ShellyB (Dayton’s mom) is quite the accomplished dancer, 20- year teacher, competition director and a full-fledged coach for DCC right now, right? 

She cheered in the early 90’s, was on show group, so I don’t know why you would think she didn’t learn as many dances as current DCC do? Football games are the same length today as they were then. Still the same amount of sideline time then as today. Even way back then, there were more than 300 songs that could be played at the stadium (actually I think popular music was better then, but I digress) at any given break in the football action. 

I guess I’m just taken aback by your statements. Don’t mean to be aggressive at all, but I read your above post as just not based in fact at all. 

Edited by Taralightner
Corrected Shelly’s history
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Hahahahahaha 

And Maggie was a pre school teacher as well.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, lampwick said:

That was so unfortunate that she didn’t say that it takes her a minute to get the routines, rather than she has memory issues - memory issues so severe that she was the only girl benched in the Flight Crew’s history, and no follow up to say how she has developed techniques to resolve that issue.  By admitting to severe memory issues, K & J are left with the thought that even if she does get the routines, there is an ongoing risk that she will forget them.   Oh Malena.  That’s rough.   I just don’t see how they can take that risk unless she absolutely kills it from here on out without a single misstep.  I don’t think Morgan should have ever made the team for the same reasons.  It was a nailbitter watching Morgan on the show knowing she was going to screw up, you just didn’t know when... although I can’t remember exactly if Morgan never made a mistake on the field while on the team, so maybe there’s hope.  

I really wish we'd seen more of that conversation, because the way they edited it, it looked like she just fell right on her sword and started crying. She came across as a bit foolish...someone who entered a competition she's clearly not prepared for, who knew she was missing a key skill set and hadn't done anything about it except hope for the best.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

You do realize that @ShellyB (Dayton’s mom) is quite the accomplished dancer, studio owner, competition director and a full-fledged coach for DCC right now, right? 

She cheered in the early 90’s, was on show group, so I don’t know why you would think she didn’t learn as many dances as current DCC do? Football games are the same length today as they were then. Still the same amount of sideline time then as today. Even way back then, there were more than 300 songs that could be played at the stadium (actually I think popular music was better then, but I digress) at any given break in the football action. 

I guess I’m just taken aback by your statements. Don’t mean to be aggressive at all, but I read your above post as just not based in fact at all. 

Fine, I'll stand corrected, but that's my opinion.  Also, same amount of time on the field does not automaticaaly equal that they learned the same number of dances nor in the same amount of time. Compare gymnastic routines from today to ones from the 90s. theyre far far more complex now but just as long. and minus the 'full-fledged coach for DCC' part, none of Shelly being a former DCC and current studio owner would mean Dayton was 'raised' in the DCC world. having a parent in a particular world also doesn't equal that you know everything about it nor are you prepared for the reality of being in it yourself.  being an observer of a life and being IN a particular life are very very different and she was always an observer before, never a TCC. she's always been on the sidelines of the DCC before this.

If we're going that Dayton was raised 'in' DCC life, then so was Victoria  and she is woefully underprepared but I don't see Kelli calling her out over it or telling her that she shouldn't be falling out of turns or getting called into the office for not getting the choreo because she should be prepared, nor was she being told that she won't make it just because she's a legacy.  personally, it comes solely from a place of favouritism. it was unnecessarily nasty

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I really wish we'd seen more of that conversation, because the way they edited it, it looked like she just fell right on her sword and started crying. She came across as a bit foolish...someone who entered a competition she's clearly not prepared for, who knew she was missing a key skill set and hadn't done anything about it except hope for the best.

same is true of all the girls that audtion that cannot dance a lick.  I have to ask - at what point do the recommendations come into play, because surely the girls that audition that can barely do a plie let alone know what it's called can't come with recommendations? is there  number of them you have to provide? do they have to be from other dancers or are they more like character references?

23 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

You do realize that @ShellyB (Dayton’s mom) is quite the accomplished dancer, studio owner, competition director and a full-fledged coach for DCC right now, right? 

So you know how I've been stalking Melissa R on podcasts all week...…….well, she did make the comment about how the experience of today's squads is very different from what she went thru just 10-12 years ago.  And other alumni have commented about the added pressures compared to what they dealt with.  

• Love 1