Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: Success Is Such Hard Work

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Hello all! I’m back! Finally watching this episode right now. I’m not done but I have one statement:

HOW, are we on season 13 of this show and girls are coming in and don’t know Thunderstruck? At least the first few 8 counts. There are hundreds of videos, different angles, lighting, Hell.. different outfits. ? AND YOU KNOW IT’S HAPPENING NIGHT ONE. no excuse. 

I think every season but one starts with Thunderstruck, I think that other season starts with Loud. 

I've seen Loud, the "Jump" sequence, Britney Spears "Three"...……..I've also seen Let it Rock and So What, but those last two may have been halftime dances.

7 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

Might be a dumb question, but asking as a non-dancer: how does someone get better at quickly picking up dances? 

By taking a lot of dance classes and develop your memory muscle.  You can develop that muscle just like any other muscle.  

• Love 5

Jeez Molly is gorgeous! I mean she is truly stunning and she made me laugh too, she seems like a big goofball. 

The Cowboys Fit, was that an infomercial? I kept waiting for someone to say "for this low introductory offer of $29.99 this can be yours!" I saw the prices someone was kind enough to post on here. No thank you, I'll stick with my $20 everything included pass for Planet Fitness, it gets both my son and I in anytime we want. 

I enjoyed the calendar shoot, I think Kelli looks so much better with her hair curly and natural and minimal makeup. Savannah was holding in a turd or something, her face looked uncomfortable. Christina, good Lord she looks like she's pushing 50. Not a good look and scrawny/scary skinny. The photographers were just plain creepy. 

Loved Abigail!!!! I really enjoyed her segment and I loved Tasha's veteran behind the scenes, showing us a peek of her life. I hope we see more of these! (And I'm really excited for Nicole Hamilton next week, she is the best!!) 

I could not tell you one single opinion on TCCs, Not one of them caught my eye or is unique enough that I remember who they are. Except Jalyn, and that's because of her hair. I love it, it's unique, which means they will change it to the same boring, blended, blah that all the other DCC have. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, sATL said:

But there are a few teachers on the team, right ? I guess I would be more worried about the pre-puberty school kids more so than sick patients. Which area of nursing does she do?  

And they couldn't find an "swimsuit" with a tasteful but nice looking cover-up? they had samples from designers from all over the world..

I'm surprised K&J were ok with it... I hope they don't hold it against her... or the next DCC who also has a concern.

Lauren was a cardiac floor nurse, but idk if she still is. She took time off last year for training camp. And you would be SHOCKED at how sick patients...and their families....treat nurses even to this day. (See: Hershey PA nurse was a victim of attempted rape this week). I get her thoughts from that perspective (and my employer would NOT take kindly to us posing in swimsuits for international calendars!  Some hospitals still have no tattoos and "unnatural" hair policies. Give me a break!!) Aside from a ton of verbal and physical abuse, at least once a week I have my ass or boobs grabbed. I work ICU, so it's usually the family members. The comments directed at female nurses are pretty horrifying too. So if that is her logic (and I don't honestly know one way or the other) I get it. She's easily half my age and in way better shape (I want her abs! Those are my problem areas!! My boobs are very similar to Kelli's unfortunately lol) so I can't even imagine how nasty the comments would be directed towards her. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Lauren was a cardiac floor nurse, but idk if she still is. She took time off last year for training camp. And you would be SHOCKED at how sick patients...and their families....treat nurses even to this day. (See: Hershey PA nurse was a victim of attempted rape this week). I get her thoughts from that perspective (and my employer would NOT take kindly to us posing in swimsuits for international calendars!  Some hospitals still have no tattoos and "unnatural" hair policies. Give me a break!!) Aside from a ton of verbal and physical abuse, at least once a week I have my ass or boobs grabbed. I work ICU, so it's usually the family members. The comments directed at female nurses are pretty horrifying too. So if that is her logic (and I don't honestly know one way or the other) I get it. She's easily half my age and in way better shape (I want her abs! Those are my problem areas!! My boobs are very similar to Kelli's unfortunately lol) so I can't even imagine how nasty the comments would be directed towards her. 

she is definitely still a cardiac nurse, she works in arlington I believe

Yup. my bestie's mum is a nurse trained midwife (UK) and the absolute BS she's gone through, and continues to go through as a woman in her late 60s, including sexual harrassment....the things people think are appropriate to say to her. and as a patient i've seen way too many times over the years the nurses that cared for me getting sexually harrassed both physically and verbally by other patients.  the whole 'sexy nurse' schtick has a lot to answer for and I can see why she'd not want to do the calendar.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Jeez Molly is gorgeous! I mean she is truly stunning and she made me laugh too, she seems like a big goofball. 

The Cowboys Fit, was that an infomercial? I kept waiting for someone to say "for this low introductory offer of $29.99 this can be yours!" I saw the prices someone was kind enough to post on here. No thank you, I'll stick with my $20 everything included pass for Planet Fitness, it gets both my son and I in anytime we want. 

I enjoyed the calendar shoot, I think Kelli looks so much better with her hair curly and natural and minimal makeup. Savannah was holding in a turd or something, her face looked uncomfortable. Christina, good Lord she looks like she's pushing 50. Not a good look and scrawny/scary skinny. The photographers were just plain creepy. 

Loved Abigail!!!! I really enjoyed her segment and I loved Tasha's veteran behind the scenes, showing us a peek of her life. I hope we see more of these! (And I'm really excited for Nicole Hamilton next week, she is the best!!) 

I could not tell you one single opinion on TCCs, Not one of them caught my eye or is unique enough that I remember who they are. Except Jalyn, and that's because of her hair. I love it, it's unique, which means they will change it to the same boring, blended, blah that all the other DCC have. 

I agree, Molly is gorgeous!

I loved the Abigail segment.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Before the show, they only brought in girls who would have made the team. They bring in extra girls to TC for storylines and for cuts. I do not think Malena would have made the top 36 who would have made the squad this year hence bringing in 45 girls instead of the 36 girls who would have made up the 2018-2019 squad. Like Kelli has said in the past, they bring in more than the x number of girls to TC in order to give the girls a chance to make the squad, but it does not mean the extra girls will actually make the squad.

No...they’ve always taken more into Training Camp and made cuts. It has varied between40-45. Up until 1992, there were 36 on the team, but only 32 performed. That left 4 alternates in the locker room every game. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

No...they’ve always taken more into Training Camp and made cuts. It has varied between40-45. Up until 1992, there were 36 on the team, but only 32 performed. That left 4 alternates in the locker room every game. 

This is what I get for believing what I have read on other sites. Thanks for the information @ShellyB 

7 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

So would the ladies have to earn the field time on a weekly basis?

@SHELLYB

Edited by ElenaFR
1 hour ago, Lunacat said:

Might be a dumb question, but asking as a non-dancer: how does someone get better at quickly picking up dances? 

For some it’s a natural ability (good coordination and memory), but taking a lot of dance classes where you are learning new choreo regularly can improve it.   Also, when you are part of a certain team and/or studio for a longer period of time the moves start to become repetitive (aka “signature moves”) and you just know how to do them more easily regardless of sequence.   So there is an experience element to things which is why the vets can pick up an audition combo in 25 minutes when it takes the semi finalists an hour - they may not be any better at picking stuff up, they are just familiar w/ the moves.  When they have guest choreographers in though I’d say it’s a more level playing field. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

So would the ladies have to earn the field time on a weekly basis?

@SHELLYB

Yes....IIRC the same girls shared spots. They did pregame, player intro and first two quarters and switched out at halftime. Probably was dependent on kicks and stamina. 

• Love 4

Just rewatched to catch a few things, and I have to say - why doesn't Kelli go "natural" more?  She looked so much younger and better without all the makeup, hair product, etc.  Let's face it - less is more.

• Love 6
Just now, SuzySmith said:

Just rewatched to catch a few things, and I have to say - why doesn't Kelli go "natural" more?  She looked so much younger and better without all the makeup, hair product, etc.  Let's face it - less is more.

I agree!!! So pretty and young. Love her hair and sun kissed face she was sporting.  I'm still in awe of her boobs, ha!

• Love 3

I’m confused. Kelly made it seem like it would be a huge shocker if a 2nd year (I think she was specifically referring to Alexis?) made the calendar cover. But wasn’t Tasha on the cover last year? As a 2nd year? So why would it be shocking?!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

I’m confused. Kelly made it seem like it would be a huge shocker if a 2nd year (I think she was specifically referring to Alexis?) made the calendar cover. But wasn’t Tasha on the cover last year? As a 2nd year? So why would it be shocking?!

I think what Kelli was saying a girl doing her first calendar shoot getting the cover which does not make sense when you think about it because last year before auditions was Tasha's first calendar shoot and she made the cover. Hmmm...

22 hours ago, sATL said:

I need to get one of those band things (looking for the exact name) to attempt get that "line, lean and long" look. swimsuit season 2019 is coming ! :)

I guess the vets know when is the next year's calendar shoot, so they have most of the spring to get ready.

I like the feeding of the sting ray outing..I didn't know they were so friendly.

5b7f81f7d2f3d_exceriseband.png.78b3273c31e26483a84db128411a8b73.png

They're not. Remember, a Sting Ray is why Steve Irwin died. However, from the pictures it looked like these Sting Rays were debarbed and likely trained to show up for tourists to feed them. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Taralightner said:

About a month ago, I was saying the same thing about learning their key dances from YouTube videos. I DO have dance training and have learned dances from video. (It’s not as easy as one may think.) But, if I have a video that was constantly showing one or two dancers with the camera consistently on them, it’s doable. 

So, I’ve actually gone and looked for any video that would allow me to learn it. Here’s the problem- most fan videos are taken from so far away, it’s really, really difficult to see what they are doing with any kind of detail. The videos taken of the HD screen- because the camera shows different people at different times, then goes back to wide shots of the formations, it is near impossible to see the choreo with continuity. 

So, other than the kickline, and maybe a few sideline dances (Prince comes to mind), I am convinced that it isn’t possible to learn the entire dance (in complete real time sequence) from what I’ve found on YouTube. 

These dancers are smart, and I’ve never seen a dancer (that makes training camp) that I would call lazy. The stakes are high. If it was possible to pull the choreo in a way that can be duplicated, many, if not most, would do it. I don’t think it can be done, to be honest. 

My fellow dancers here.... have you ever tried to string Thunder together from available videos? 

ETA: The DCC org is probably cognizant of what they publish. They are also trying to protect their choreo. In the dance world, one can’t copywright choreo, so studios, choreographers try very hard to not let their stuff “out there” to protect their material. This is a big issue in the competitive dance world. 

Sorry for the novel. 

As my former name stated,I always loved the routines and have STUDIED some of them. If you are a freak like me you get every single possible you tube video. The one I learned from was taken by someone from the back. And I watch from each angle its filmed to allow me to know where the weight changes are since its hard to tell that from only the front the videos taken from almost directly above them for quarter change routines allows me to see where the weight is/isn't and in slow mo I can study the direction changes. Even after several years I still pick up a detail that I have missed and was doing wrong. I have about 12 of these that I do regularly to stay in shape and its fun!!  There is no excuse for anyone to not already know Thunderstruck when they walk into that studio.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

For some it’s a natural ability (good coordination and memory), but taking a lot of dance classes where you are learning new choreo regularly can improve it.   Also, when you are part of a certain team and/or studio for a longer period of time the moves start to become repetitive (aka “signature moves”) and you just know how to do them more easily regardless of sequence.   So there is an experience element to things which is why the vets can pick up an audition combo in 25 minutes when it takes the semi finalists an hour - they may not be any better at picking stuff up, they are just familiar w/ the moves.  When they have guest choreographers in though I’d say it’s a more level playing field. 

It strikes me as very similar to sight-reading, which is often part of the audition process as a musician. Some people are naturally better at it, regardless of performance ability, but it's still a skill that should improve with practice- you just have to make sure you practice reading and playing unfamiliar music, instead of just spending hours perfecting your audition piece. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think what Kelli was saying a girl doing her first calendar shoot getting the cover which does not make sense when you think about it because last year before auditions was Tasha's first calendar shoot and she made the cover. Hmmm...

Didn't Kaitlin Ilseng make the cover her first shoot?  And wasn't last year with Maggie the first calendar where the gal had an actual swimsuit on, and not the uniform?  And it was Maggie's first shoot?  

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't Kaitlin Ilseng make the cover her first shoot?  And wasn't last year with Maggie the first calendar where the gal had an actual swimsuit on, and not the uniform?  And it was Maggie's first shoot?  

You have a better memory than mine.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

You have a better memory than mine.

Well, I was thinking about all the covers I've seen on the show, and they feature girls in uniform.  So for Kelli to say what she said, it was kind of confusing cause it's only been the one year.  I think...…….

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

They're not. Remember, a Sting Ray is why Steve Irwin died. However, from the pictures it looked like these Sting Rays were debarbed and likely trained to show up for tourists to feed them. 

actually sting ray are pretty friendly and social. i used to scuba dive, and they're really peaceful and non-aggressive depending oon the species. they're more likely to swim away than attack. the sting ray that hit Irwin was frightened - he swam directly over hte top of it, something you're told not to do EVER, its aggressive.  The sting ray felt it was defending itself, it was not attacking because they're aggressive or not friendly. there's a reason divers and snorklers basically consider them the puppies of the sea

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Disneydiva628 said:

The girls messing Thunderstruck up makes me mad you should know the signature dance it’s on YouTube for goodness sake.

I think this has since been covered, but I don’t think you want to ingrain it in your head I’m advance without the specifics, which you can’t get from a YouTube video. 

6 hours ago, PBSLover said:

No photographer with any class has their models on all fours. And if any cheerleader is reading this DO NOT POSE ON ALL FOURS. I mean seriously?  This just pisses me off.

So gross. Could not agree more. This pic is terrible and Kash is so cute. 

5 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I was half expecting Ron Jeremy to show up looking for fresh meat.

Wait. That wasn’t Ron Jeremy with the camera!? His brother maybe!!??

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

When did they start using All-Stars to fill in at the games?

Some people have criticized Lilly's look for not being appropriate for "HD" but every time she was on camera in this episode I thought she was so cute and pretty! I feel like she tends to not photograph well but comes across darling on video.

• Love 5

Just curious - Is there a rule that the former DCC who teach classes aren't allowed to teach the actual DCC dances?  Do most of the routines remain the same from year to year? I guess it must not be allowed or everyone would be asking to be taught those at the prep classes.

This video shows the full Thunderstruck routine close up.  I know a few of the 8 counts have been updated since then, but girls could still watch this and get a general idea of the choreo.  This is really one of the few videos I could find that doesn't shift camera angles or isn't super far away.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, rafibomb said:

It strikes me as very similar to sight-reading, which is often part of the audition process as a musician. Some people are naturally better at it, regardless of performance ability, but it's still a skill that should improve with practice- you just have to make sure you practice reading and playing unfamiliar music, instead of just spending hours perfecting your audition piece. 

Yeah...  My daughter plays in an orchestra and she says the sight reading part is what keeps a lot of people, (many of whom are very, very good at their practiced pieces), out of the higher levels.   

• Love 3

After rewatching this episode (pretty rocking Friday night, huh?!) I didn’t think Kelli was that hard on Dayton.  It was more concern than anything.  A “I know you’re an amazing dancer, now show me” conversation.  It wasn’t a bad thing.  K&J seemed like two aunties giving a pep talk.  

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Leia1021 said:

Just curious - Is there a rule that the former DCC who teach classes aren't allowed to teach the actual DCC dances?  Do most of the routines remain the same from year to year? I guess it must not be allowed or everyone would be asking to be taught those at the prep classes.

I’d assume they wouldn’t teach a whole dance during a prep class, but I honestly think that girls like Erica and Holly who have been giving tutoring classes (which I assume are more expensive) were teaching actual dances. But then again they’re using the same moves so if you attend enough prep classes then you should already know them.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Taralightner said:

About a month ago, I was saying the same thing about learning their key dances from YouTube videos. I DO have dance training and have learned dances from video. (It’s not as easy as one may think.) But, if I have a video that was constantly showing one or two dancers with the camera consistently on them, it’s doable. 

So, I’ve actually gone and looked for any video that would allow me to learn it. Here’s the problem- most fan videos are taken from so far away, it’s really, really difficult to see what they are doing with any kind of detail. The videos taken of the HD screen- because the camera shows different people at different times, then goes back to wide shots of the formations, it is near impossible to see the choreo with continuity. 

So, other than the kickline, and maybe a few sideline dances (Prince comes to mind), I am convinced that it isn’t possible to learn the entire dance (in complete real time sequence) from what I’ve found on YouTube. 

These dancers are smart, and I’ve never seen a dancer (that makes training camp) that I would call lazy. The stakes are high. If it was possible to pull the choreo in a way that can be duplicated, many, if not most, would do it. I don’t think it can be done, to be honest. 

My fellow dancers here.... have you ever tried to string Thunder together from available videos? 

ETA: The DCC org is probably cognizant of what they publish. They are also trying to protect their choreo. In the dance world, one can’t copywright choreo, so studios, choreographers try very hard to not let their stuff “out there” to protect their material. This is a big issue in the competitive dance world.

As a former dancer, ITA with everything you said here and I would add that even though I have taught myself some dances just from watching performance videos, I HATE doing that because your choices are to face the screen and then force yourself to do everything in the opposite direction (which your brain doesn't want to do because your natural instinct is to mirror what you see) or turn your back to the screen and watch over your shoulder so that you are learning everything with the correct directions. For the non dancers out there, that means if you are watching a video shot from the front with the dancers facing you, when they put their right arm up, your natural instinct is to mirror them which means you would put your left arm up. If you learn a dance by watching a performance video shot from the front, you have to make a very conscious effort to do everything in the opposite direction.

8 hours ago, Maven said:

Yes. CMT producers, please go watch Season 2 for a tutorial on how to capture the calendar shoot. Play a cutsy song ("I'm just a summer girl, I wear my flip flops...") and show the girls striking a pose in their swimsuits, smiles and all. Sweet, and sexy in a wholesome way. We do not ever need to see the photographers. Especially the creepy ones they're using now. Ew.

8 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

it just felt...seedy to me at times. you've got these girls who literally cannot say anything about it because their boss and cameras are watching like hawks, and they're in next to nothing, sometimes at dire risk of spilling out of a bikini and their crotch barely covered, and there's all these fully clothed men calling them honey and darling and telling them how sexy they look while then talking to the film cameras about how hot and sexy they find the girls...it was just uncomfortable this year.  at least they didn't do the bikini fashion show, or at least didn't show it in episode. that was always soooo bad

As gross as I find it to hear the photographers calling the dancers "honey" and "love buckets" while telling them to stick their asses out more, I'm glad they showed all of that so that people at home can see that this is on the polite end of the spectrum. A lot of people glamorize what it's like to be a professional cheerleader and don't see all of the other stuff that goes into it, including skeevy photographers cooing pet names while telling the girls to push their tits out.

13 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Why does Judy always look so put together? Her hair, outfits, everything. I seriously want to be her.

I couldn't stop staring at her hair during rehearsal!

7 hours ago, Lunacat said:

Like anything else, it's just practice. As mentioned above, it's similar to sight reading. In both cases, some people are naturally able to do it and other people really have to work at it, which means making yourself do it. For learning choreography, it means taking dance classes or finding dance tutorials online and making yourself learn new choreography. The more you make your brain do this, eventually the easier it gets to commit new choreography to memory.

6 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

Lauren was a cardiac floor nurse, but idk if she still is. She took time off last year for training camp. And you would be SHOCKED at how sick patients...and their families....treat nurses even to this day. (See: Hershey PA nurse was a victim of attempted rape this week). I get her thoughts from that perspective (and my employer would NOT take kindly to us posing in swimsuits for international calendars!  Some hospitals still have no tattoos and "unnatural" hair policies.

Two of my friends who are nurses in different states said they aren't allowed to wear nail polish either. One said their hair color has to be natural so no crazy colors. Some of my friends who are teachers have a vaguely worded morality clause as part of their employment contract so they make sure never to post any pictures on social media of themselves drinking alcohol or other stuff like that which is legal but could be interpreted as not being a good role model. They would definitely never post sexy bikini photos for the same reason. I think it's fine if Lauren chose not to participate in the swimsuit shoot, whatever her reasons are.

• Love 11

If you are going to claim these women have full time jobs with careers, you have to be ok with they fact that they may not be able to take ten days off or have bikini pictures taken without impacting their career.  They would have been nuts to hold that against Lauren.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

This video shows the full Thunderstruck routine close up.  I know a few of the 8 counts have been updated since then, but girls could still watch this and get a general idea of the choreo.  This is really one of the few videos I could find that doesn't shift camera angles or isn't super far away.  

When I click on it, it says: “this video is unavailable.” ?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

As my former name stated,I always loved the routines and have STUDIED some of them. If you are a freak like me you get every single possible you tube video. The one I learned from was taken by someone from the back. And I watch from each angle its filmed to allow me to know where the weight changes are since its hard to tell that from only the front the videos taken from almost directly above them for quarter change routines allows me to see where the weight is/isn't and in slow mo I can study the direction changes. Even after several years I still pick up a detail that I have missed and was doing wrong. I have about 12 of these that I do regularly to stay in shape and its fun!!  There is no excuse for anyone to not already know Thunderstruck when they walk into that studio.

did i ever tell you, you're my hero?! 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ales-ya said:

After rewatching this episode (pretty rocking Friday night, huh?!) I didn’t think Kelli was that hard on Dayton.  It was more concern than anything.  A “I know you’re an amazing dancer, now show me” conversation.  It wasn’t a bad thing.  K&J seemed like two aunties giving a pep talk.  

i was going to come back on here and post the same thing this morning after watching it again! i really don't think it was mean at all - they actually seemed like they were doing it out of concern and WANTING her to succeed.  

• Love 16

Just to give a vote FOR Lacey's Metallic Suit, it looked really cool to me.   I thought the photos were Beautiful and she looked Amazing in it.

Christina however, looked totally stiff, and I agree with previous poster, she needs at least 5 pounds...she looked more like a man to me. (sorry, it was all I could see) they need to help soften her up.

Gina looks more like Kelli Q when she smiles. enough said there

Malena is .pretty...its her personality that throws her over the top

Dayton..is so photogenic, quite beautiful, but shows confidence issues, so I think that is why she does not project as well.  Agree with poster, she needs to believe in herself...she is young and she will gain confidence.

OK, and Burning issue....Is that Victoria that stumbles while showing K and J the intro routine? I am almost positive it is...as she likes to be in front. But Lordy...she is not under control. Last time I recall seeing someone fall out of turns in audition and still make it. was ……..Cassie. (or have a very less than stellar re-audition in her case, her initial audition was very sub par if memory serves.)

I'm glad CMT has shown us the clips where they are showing the clear favoritism for Victoria by K,J,C (add Newscaster gal forgot her name and Jay)....Makes me wonder how much footage was not allowed to be shown of Victoria falling out of turns, stumbling etc..?  (and her interview where she is laughing about her field audition, and you know that she already knew she was IN) She was not concerned AT ALL.

Victoria does have some dance skill, but she is a dance risk until/unless they can help her get under control.

OK, got that off my chest, I feel better

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

As a former dancer, ITA with everything you said here and I would add that even though I have taught myself some dances just from watching performance videos, I HATE doing that because your choices are to face the screen and then force yourself to do everything in the opposite direction (which your brain doesn't want to do because your natural instinct is to mirror what you see) or turn your back to the screen and watch over your shoulder so that you are learning everything with the correct directions. For the non dancers out there, that means if you are watching a video shot from the front with the dancers facing you, when they put their right arm up, your natural instinct is to mirror them which means you would put your left arm up. If you learn a dance by watching a performance video shot from the front, you have to make a very conscious effort to do everything in the opposite direction.

I'm someone with no former dance training, but what you say here makes sense.  Also, I read a post a long time ago (may have even been back on TWOP) that you have to be careful practicing one of their routines based on a YouTube video, because if you're doing it wrong, your muscle memory will cause you to keep doing it wrong, which means you would have to both unlearn and then relearn, which would be harder than coming in not knowing it at all.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lolfordays said:

If you are going to claim these women have full time jobs with careers, you have to be ok with they fact that they may not be able to take ten days off or have bikini pictures taken without impacting their career.  They would have been nuts to hold that against Lauren.

I do not think that is the case since Lauren did go on the shoot. She may have felt posing in bikinis a certain way may not be good for her nursing job. Like a few posters have said nurses can be sexually harassed on the job. I respect her for it and obviously Kelli and Judy had no problems with it. My husband had a job at a hospital as an aide, and he got sexually harassed by some of the older female patients. I have the almost respect and admiration for nurses, The ones who took care of my husband when he was on dialysis and when he had his kidney transplant were great.

20 hours ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

That's not true at all.  Kelli loves Malena's look first and foremost, she did well at both semis and finals and Judy believes her to be teachable.  Malena is in camp because she earned herself a spot in camp, period.

Thank you. Plus several true insiders including Shelly have confirmed that CMT has no decision making whatsoever when it comes to who advances during audition rounds including who makes it into TC

• Love 3