Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: Success Is Such Hard Work

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I bet they deleted a scene between Malena in the office, and Judy comforting her after, that was Judy and Kelli falling out of their chairs at the fact that Malena can't memorize choreography, and then the next scene of the camera people doing CPR on both women.    

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

Oh. Who got cover of the big calendar? Alexis was the small desk calendar, right?

Now that they have purged out the toxicity, eg. Holly, Erica, and Jenna, it's a perfect hashtag. I heard morale has improved GREATLY.

Yeah

• Love 1
Just now, Disneydiva628 said:

The girls messing Thunderstruck up makes me mad you should know the signature dance it’s on YouTube for goodness sake.

I agree. I have little to no dance experience and even my old fat ass knows all the moves.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Oh and Malena’s scene was so strange. She completely lost it because she was benched like a year ago? And that was her big challenge that shaped who she is and change her life??? How come Judy was trying to console her after this reaction?

I fast forward the minute any of the girls start blubbering. It's all so cringing. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I totally get it though... not every girl is comfortable posing in an awful (&skimpy) suit just so thirsty men can have a calendar full of “america’s sweethearts:beach edition” pictures and DC make more money.

Well to be fair, ALL the photos are so heavily edited that some times I can’t even tell who it is supposed to be. At least Tasha would have made the cover with or without photoshop, just like Maggie. Kelli this year? Yeah, you can’t even tell that’s her.

It looked like it was by year.

This must be the first time in years I like most of the rookies.

Heather is so nice! I’m glad she’s getting more screentime and I hope she stays on for another year.

Dayton’s office visit pissed me off.

I know, thats what I;m saying.  she clearly respects herself and her career more than the desire to make the cover of a calendar that brings in a ton of money for the DCC that they'll never see

• Love 2

When I was a cheerleader waaaay back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I secretly help my BFF little sister make the freshman cheer squad by choreographing her tryout cheer routine and helping her learn the assigned dance routine (that I taught at tryouts).

Do ya'll think that happens behind the scenes with the legacy candidates?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, HateWatcher said:

When I was a cheerleader waaaay back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I secretly help my BFF little sister make the freshman cheer squad by choreographing her tryout cheer routine and helping her learn the assigned dance routine (that I taught at tryouts).

Probably 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

Watching the quick few seconds that was shown, coupled with comments from office visits, it’s obvious that Dayton wasn’t pre-taught. 

• Love 5

I am finally getting to the episode (seriously why is this on at 10pm? It has to be a top show for CMT). 

I liked seeing the calendar shoot but the weather looked bad for most of the trip. Alexis looked great in photos and Kashara looked amazing in her bikini. Christina looked good in her test photos when they showed them trying on suits, I really like her straight shorter hair, it reminds me of Mackenzie Lee. I will say that in comparison to the older seasons when they went along on the calendar shoots like with Whitney, Mia and Ashton, these current girls just don’t Wow me as much. Savannah in particular has an amazing body but her facials are just not good, her expression in all of the photos goes from awkward to grimace. 

The endless “We want to make cover!” conversations were just too much, didn’t the person who edited it realize that? Seriously it was discussed by about every single girl. 

Kelli (director Kelli) looked amazing in her one piece with the sting rays, she is still rocking it.

I thought Kelli Quinn looked great in the pics, I am glad she is getting some time onscreen to shine since she is a great dancer but is always kind of in the background. 

Dayton - hmm, I want to root for her but she needs more energy and spark. I felt kind of bad for her in the meeting but I think she also needs to come off a little more mature. 

OMG Abigail Klein! Still gorgeous, still sweet as pie, I am so glad they showed her. I cannot wait for Nicole Hamilton to come back, Judy and Kelli LOVED her so whatever she tells you to do, the TCCs better do it. 

I liked the segment with Tasha, I hope we get more of them for the vets during the show. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Watching the quick few seconds that was shown, coupled with comments from office visits, it’s obvious that Dayton wasn’t pre-taught. 

If I wanted it that bad, I would have watched the dance over and over and practiced those moves in the mirror.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sATL said:

and all that is her natural-born "gifts" , right ? Or did she buy/add a little ? I just have a hard time with seeing her dance 4 qtrs of a football game.. only so much a bra can do....

Lol!   She was nowhere near as large when young from the photos.  I think like all of us, weight gain and having children adds a cup size or two.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MelissaB326 said:

I am finally getting to the episode (seriously why is this on at 10pm? It has to be a top show for CMT). 

I liked seeing the calendar shoot but the weather looked bad for most of the trip. Alexis looked great in photos and Kashara looked amazing in her bikini. Christina looked good in her test photos when they showed them trying on suits, I really like her straight shorter hair, it reminds me of Mackenzie Lee. I will say that in comparison to the older seasons when they went along on the calendar shoots like with Whitney, Mia and Ashton, these current girls just don’t Wow me as much. Savannah in particular has an amazing body but her facials are just not good, her expression in all of the photos goes from awkward to grimace. 

The endless “We want to make cover!” conversations were just too much, didn’t the person who edited it realize that? Seriously it was discussed by about every single girl. 

Kelli (director Kelli) looked amazing in her one piece with the sting rays, she is still rocking it.

I thought Kelli Quinn looked great in the pics, I am glad she is getting some time onscreen to shine since she is a great dancer but is always kind of in the background. 

Dayton - hmm, I want to root for her but she needs more energy and spark. I felt kind of bad for her in the meeting but I think she also needs to come off a little more mature. 

OMG Abigail Klein! Still gorgeous, still sweet as pie, I am so glad they showed her. I cannot wait for Nicole Hamilton to come back, Judy and Kelli LOVED her so whatever she tells you to do, the TCCs better do it. 

I liked the segment with Tasha, I hope we get more of them for the vets during the show. 

Kelli impressed me. She can be fun loving and frees spirited. You go girl!

• Love 4

About a month ago, I was saying the same thing about learning their key dances from YouTube videos. I DO have dance training and have learned dances from video. (It’s not as easy as one may think.) But, if I have a video that was constantly showing one or two dancers with the camera consistently on them, it’s doable. 

So, I’ve actually gone and looked for any video that would allow me to learn it. Here’s the problem- most fan videos are taken from so far away, it’s really, really difficult to see what they are doing with any kind of detail. The videos taken of the HD screen- because the camera shows different people at different times, then goes back to wide shots of the formations, it is near impossible to see the choreo with continuity. 

So, other than the kickline, and maybe a few sideline dances (Prince comes to mind), I am convinced that it isn’t possible to learn the entire dance (in complete real time sequence) from what I’ve found on YouTube. 

These dancers are smart, and I’ve never seen a dancer (that makes training camp) that I would call lazy. The stakes are high. If it was possible to pull the choreo in a way that can be duplicated, many, if not most, would do it. I don’t think it can be done, to be honest. 

My fellow dancers here.... have you ever tried to string Thunder together from available videos? 

ETA: The DCC org is probably cognizant of what they publish. They are also trying to protect their choreo. In the dance world, one can’t copywright choreo, so studios, choreographers try very hard to not let their stuff “out there” to protect their material. This is a big issue in the competitive dance world. 

Sorry for the novel. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 24
12 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

If I wanted it that bad, I would have watched the dance over and over and practiced those moves in the mirror.

See my next post... it’s really not that easy. And, again, I had your point of view until I tried it. And I do have lots of training. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Malena couldn't memorize and perform dances for the Jets, and only did appearances?      I wonder if anyone knew that before she tried out?     I hope Judy has smelling salts available, because I'm guessing Miss Kelli needed them to get over her attack of the vapors after hearing that from Malena.   

And the remarks about how easy it is to make other teams is exactly right.     The Washington football ladies barely dance at all, and are almost all for appearances, and standing around looking cute.  

You mean the Redskins?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

About a month ago, I was saying the same thing about learning their key dances from YouTube videos. I DO have dance training and have learned dances from video. (It’s not as easy as one may think.) But, if I have a video that was constantly showing one or two dancers with the camera consistently on them, it’s doable. 

So, I’ve actually gone and looked for any video that would allow me to learn it. Here’s the problem- most fan videos are taken from so far away, it’s really, really difficult to see what they are doing with any kind of detail. The videos taken of the HD screen- because the camera shows different people at different times, then goes back to wide shots of the formations, it is near impossible to see the choreo with continuity. 

So, other than the kickline, and maybe a few sideline dances (Prince comes to mind), I am convinced that it isn’t possible to learn the entire dance (in complete real time sequence) from what I’ve found on YouTube. 

These dancers are smart, and I’ve never seen a dancer (that makes training camp) that I would call lazy. The stakes are high. If it was possible to pull the choreo in a way that can be duplicated, many, if not most, would do it. I don’t think it can be done, to be honest. 

My fellow dancers here.... have you ever tried to string Thunder together from available videos? 

ETA: The DCC org is probably cognizant of what they publish. They are also trying to protect their choreo. In the dance world, one can’t copywright choreo, so studios, choreographers try very hard to not let their stuff “out there” to protect their material. This is a big issue in the competitive dance world. 

Sorry for the novel. 

I completely agree with what you have demonstrated. I'm not expecting these highly trained dancers to know everything verbatim, BUT even I can mimic an eight count and do the major moves to Thunderstruck, such as ... bum bum bum "I was shaking like a leaf..." Ha!

7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

You guys should see me do the field entrance on the treadmill :D

YAAAS Qween!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

After watching this episode, I think that Dayton never really wanted DCC to begin with but instead felt like what she "should" be doing and not what she wants to be doing. I know she has a more laid back attitude but it's coming across as like she doesn't care...I mean she was LATE to makeovers? HOW?

Agree. I think her mom wants this a lot more than she does. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I read someplace Lauren did not feel comfortable posing due to her job. Kelli and Judy were fine with it, so they brought her along because they feel she is a standout DCC on and off the field, and so she could bond more with the other girls.

But there are a few teachers on the team, right ? I guess I would be more worried about the pre-puberty school kids more so than sick patients. Which area of nursing does she do?  

And they couldn't find an "swimsuit" with a tasteful but nice looking cover-up? they had samples from designers from all over the world..

I'm surprised K&J were ok with it... I hope they don't hold it against her... or the next DCC who also has a concern.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Agree. I think her mom wants this a lot more than she does. 

I do not think Shelly wants it more than Dayton did. Shelly, in my opinion, seems to have a good head on her shoulders when it comes to Dayton and what she feels is the best for Dayton. Shelly to me is a great mom, and Dayton is a beautiful and talented young lady who has a good head on her shoulders and a bright future ahead of her with or without being a DCC. I wish Shelly at times could be a mentor for the girls instead of Melissa because Shelly would help the girls understand not being a DCC is not the end of the world after being cut and would probably help the girls who are cut find their own way in the world outside of the DCC World.

18 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

None of the shots they shot of poor Lacey are good

I wasn’t impressed by them either but it speaks more about Lacey’s face not being HD friendly (easy ,don’t kill me ) than it does him ?‍♀️ In action shots she looks great which is weird but still shots not so much. Lacey just doesn’t do it for me I guess .  Kash looks ? in this photo! 

95FE09F1-C4D9-4D12-9F37-4C51386DC3DB.jpeg

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Shelly wants it more than Dayton did. Shelly, in my opinion, seems to have a good head on her shoulders when it comes to Dayton and what she feels is the best for Dayton. Shelly to me is a great mom, and Dayton is a beautiful and talented young lady who has a good head on her shoulders and a bright future ahead of her with or without being a DCC. I wish Shelly at times could be a mentor for the girls instead of Melissa because Shelly would help the girls understand not being a DCC is not the end of the world after being cut and would probably help the girls who are cut find their own way in the world outside of the DCC World.

From your mouth to Charlotte's ears! 

• Love 2

Re: knowing the choreo ahead of time, a dancer who is quick at picking stuff up could go in and learn it fine w/o ever seeing it before.

It’s the ones who are bad w/ memory or learning new stuff who need/can use the extra help - so although they may be able to cheat w/ Thunderstruck, I assume a night will come where they will struggle cause it’s a brand new dance, so it is just delaying the inevitable struggle - of course, that still may be better than being on K&J’s radar in a negative way from the first night.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Gigi88 said:

I wasn’t impressed by them either but it speaks more about Lacey’s face not being HD friendly (easy ,don’t kill me ) than it does him ?‍♀️ In action shots she looks great which is weird but still shots not so much. Lacey just doesn’t do it for me I guess .  Kash looks ? in this photo! 

95FE09F1-C4D9-4D12-9F37-4C51386DC3DB.jpeg

No photographer with any class has their models on all fours. And if any cheerleader is reading this DO NOT POSE ON ALL FOURS. I mean seriously?  This just pisses me off.

• Love 17
16 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Tara...looking a little rough. Can they not do anything better to her stringy hair and horrendous roots?

Yes!  Her hair is always a sloppy mess! 

2 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

No photographer with any class has their models on all fours. And if any cheerleader is reading this DO NOT POSE ON ALL FOURS. I mean seriously?  This just pisses me off.

But at least her face is gorgeous unlike Lacey’s in her pics. She looked like Farrah Abraham which is not at all a good thing ..

4 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Must be nice to be able to pose like this and not have your stomach reach for the sand:P

• Love 11
1 hour ago, VintageJ said:

You mean the Redskins?

the redskins cheerleaders are known as the First Ladies of Football and so it can be pretty easy to mistakenly call themt he football ladies! its something my dad's done periodically since we lived in DC!

8 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

bold to assume a calendar of cheerleaders in miniscule bikinis is intended to have anything even in the same zip code as 'class'. the  men(predominantly) who buy it aren't looking for class.  the word they're looking for is in the word class...

• Love 9

Hi everyone! I’m a long-time lurker, first time poster! Being from the U.K. means it’s a bit of a struggle to find the new episodes but I always manage it! 

The Bimini stuff was too rushed to me. I love to see more BTS and how they choose each photo! 

I want more from the first meeting too. Who gets a Barbie and why? I know we can find out on SM who does but I’d like it explained! Also what else do they discuss? I’d love to see a copy of those huge binders they used to get! 

In terms of learning choreography, you just get quicker at learning over time. I have a background in dance and it did get easier as I got older. I’m still surprised the girls don’t YouTube the choreography! I’d love to audition at some point so I’m already preparing as I can’t get over to Dallas for prep classes! 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Must be nice to be able to pose like this and not have your stomach reach for the sand:P

even on very slim girls the little fat and skin there will hang, it's just gravity, that's what photoshop is for. hell, I'd be surpriswed if all of that image is even from the same photo. more often than not they're an edit of two or more images. the arm from this picture, the lower body from this one, etc

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I found these photographers creeptastic in a way that I haven't before.

Yes. CMT producers, please go watch Season 2 for a tutorial on how to capture the calendar shoot. Play a cutsy song ("I'm just a summer girl, I wear my flip flops...") and show the girls striking a pose in their swimsuits, smiles and all. Sweet, and sexy in a wholesome way. We do not ever need to see the photographers. Especially the creepy ones they're using now. Ew.

• Love 13
Just now, Maven said:

Yes. CMT producers, please go watch Season 2 for a tutorial on how to capture the calendar shoot. Play a cutsy song ("I'm just a summer girl, I wear my flip flops...") and show the girls striking a pose in their swimsuits, smiles and all. Sweet, and sexy in a wholesome way. We do not ever need to see the photographers. Especially the creepy ones they're using now. Ew.

it just felt...seedy to me at times. you've got these girls who literally cannot say anything about it because their boss and cameras are watching like hawks, and they're in next to nothing, sometimes at dire risk of spilling out of a bikini and their crotch barely covered, and there's all these fully clothed men calling them honey and darling and telling them how sexy they look while then talking to the film cameras about how hot and sexy they find the girls...it was just uncomfortable this year.  at least they didn't do the bikini fashion show, or at least didn't show it in episode. that was always soooo bad

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

it just felt...seedy to me at times. you've got these girls who literally cannot say anything about it because their boss and cameras are watching like hawks, and they're in next to nothing, sometimes at dire risk of spilling out of a bikini and their crotch barely covered, and there's all these fully clothed men calling them honey and darling and telling them how sexy they look while then talking to the film cameras about how hot and sexy they find the girls...it was just uncomfortable this year.  at least they didn't do the bikini fashion show, or at least didn't show it in episode. that was always soooo bad

I remember in Season 5, they had Brooke S. pose on all fours. I am sorry, but to me the majority of the pictures or videos remind me of introduction to soft porn movies or Girls Gone Bad. There is tacky and there is tasteful. I can understand it now when Kelli said they were selling more sideline calendars a few years ago than the swimsuit calendars.

29 minutes ago, Maven said:

I was half expecting Ron Jeremy to show up looking for fresh meat.

• Love 5

I laughed when Kelli kept holding Judy accountable for Kristin's performance in TCC... "Is your girl sleepy, Judy?"  "Is she sick?" ... just because Judy liked someone in deliberations/judging she is somehow personally responsible for every move the girl makes.  Finally Judy calmly just says "I don't know" !!!

• Love 18
31 minutes ago, Maven said:

I liked that as well. It showed the girls being self conscious and unsure of what they were doing while being humorous about it, while not showing 20 inches of ass crack.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

all was missing was Neal begging his way on the trip...He would have held a free concert on the beach just to have a front row seat..

We just had (which I guess will be annual) sexual harassment training course at work. Why did K&J think their behavior was approiate? Even if they are independent contractors, seems like they had a duty to at least say something and/or document/report it to the organization. I understand the photographer might not know the DCC names - but "babes" is crossing the line..

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I laughed when Kelli kept holding Judy accountable for Kristin's performance in TCC... "Is your girl already asleep, Judy?"  "Is she about to get sick?" ... just because Judy liked someone in deliberations/judging she is somehow personally responsible for every move the girl makes.  Finally Judy calmly just says "I don't know" !!!

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Hi everyone! I’m a long-time lurker, first time poster! Being from the U.K. means it’s a bit of a struggle to find the new episodes but I always manage it! 

The Bimini stuff was too rushed to me. I love to see more BTS and how they choose each photo! 

I want more from the first meeting too. Who gets a Barbie and why? I know we can find out on SM who does but I’d like it explained! Also what else do they discuss? I’d love to see a copy of those huge binders they used to get! 

In terms of learning choreography, you just get quicker at learning over time. I have a background in dance and it did get easier as I got older. I’m still surprised the girls don’t YouTube the choreography! I’d love to audition at some point so I’m already preparing as I can’t get over to Dallas for prep classes! 

Hey fellow Brit! I share your struggle with trying to find the new episodes too, and I wish we could get the old seasons off itunes/amazon! 

I think I would have liked a little more from the first meeting too, especially seeing the big sister/little sister, correct me if I'm wrong but were they known as Boot Buddies or something this year? 

I have definitely tried to youtube DCC dances to see what I could learn at home... as @Taralightner said earlier, there wasn't a whole lot (if any) that showed any consistent sequences. Although I am not dance trained in any way, shape or form, I was just trying to have a bit of fun and see what I could manage to pick up! 

Edited by DocBrown
  • Love 3

I wish they showed which albums were in the tunnel and at least showed their names and cheer dates.  Or they could have done a camera pan of all of them afterwards.  It was a missed opportunity because I thought it was a cool idea.

• Love 5

Hello all! I’m back! Finally watching this episode right now. I’m not done but I have one statement:

HOW, are we on season 13 of this show and girls are coming in and don’t know Thunderstruck? At least the first few 8 counts. There are hundreds of videos, different angles, lighting, Hell.. different outfits. ? AND YOU KNOW IT’S HAPPENING NIGHT ONE. no excuse. 

I think every season but one starts with Thunderstruck, I think that other season starts with Loud. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

But there are a few teachers on the team, right ? I guess I would be more worried about the pre-puberty school kids more so than sick patients. Which area of nursing does she do?  

Last year when she auditioned she said she was a cardiac nurse.

• Love 1