Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S13.E04: Success Is Such Hard Work

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sATL said:

Any reason they didn't flash the names of the alumni tunnel cheerleaders ? Surly they could have found 30-45 seconds to flash names on the screen - esp. if they did it by decade..

yes - the star is beautiful . but that room is just too big for 45 .. all I was seeing was cushy leather chairs.

They primarily use that room for the football players, who are encouraged to watch game films to go over strategy, etc. The tour guide told us they keep that room really cold so the guys won’t fall asleep in the comfy chairs in the dark. It can also be rented out for parties if you have the $$$. Some kid’s folks worked it so his buddies could all play Fortnite on the big video screen at his birthday party. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I tried the whole sultry prune thing.  Turns out I’m more a Savannah than a Christina when I say it.  Won’t be doing that again! ??

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Malena couldn't memorize and perform dances for the Jets, and only did appearances?      I wonder if anyone knew that before she tried out?     I hope Judy has smelling salts available, because I'm guessing Miss Kelli needed them to get over her attack of the vapors after hearing that from Malena.   

And the remarks about how easy it is to make other teams is exactly right.     The Washington football ladies barely dance at all, and are almost all for appearances, and standing around looking cute.  

I think they knew all along, but they brought the poor girl in for a storyline and to have a girl to cut. There is no way in heck she would have been brought to TC I in the first place if there was no show. The whole thing reminds me of Carla Ann from Season 7. There is no way in heck she was thought to be a better dancer, and a girl they could send out on appearances than the five one year vets they cut. I bet Judy, Kelli, and Charlotte knew about the pictures before finals or right after finals, and even without the pictures, they would have cut her anyway. It comes down to ratings and drama at the expense of a lot of the girls.

Edited by bigskygirl

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

 Kashara’s accent annoys the shit out of me 

THANK YOU!!! It seems to have gotten more and more contrived each year. It’s like fingernails on a chalkboard.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Malena couldn't memorize and perform dances for the Jets, and only did appearances?      I wonder if anyone knew that before she tried out?     I hope Judy has smelling salts available, because I'm guessing Miss Kelli needed them to get over her attack of the vapors after hearing that from Malena.   

And the remarks about how easy it is to make other teams is exactly right.     The Washington football ladies barely dance at all, and are almost all for appearances, and standing around looking cute.  

That’s my question about her also .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

ABIGAIL!!!  ABIGAIL!!!!  ABIGAIL!!!!!  Still beautiful, likeable and talented  as ever!

Yaasss, my all time fave! It was so good to see her. Kudos, show producers. Good call.

2 hours ago, MicahGiggles said:

Gina's body - Goals.  Girlfriend you rock those swimsuits.  She looks a lot better when she's not fully smiling.  Savannah looks constipated bless her soul.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Gina last season, but man has she grown on me. Tiny waist, no doubt. In fact, I think she's leaner and stronger than she was when she initially tried out and made the team. No wonder they've moved her up in the triangle! She's earned it.


Lexie is a current fave of mine. She comes across genuine, sweet, and a nice blend of humble-confident. And stunning! I think she could be a 50-yard-line girl, as Kelli likes to say. Maybe next season, you watch. 

I like Kashara's "Kintuckee" accent! I think it's down home, like neighbors on their front porches, like hot dogs and baked beans and Ruffles chips. Real.

So good to see Nicole Hamilton! I agree, it would be great to involve the former DCC on the show more often. One can only take so much of Melissa Rycroft.

Kelli Finglass rocked her bathing suit! They've had her squeezing it in those tight dresses and Spanx so much on the show, I wasn't sure what her shape was really like. But she looks fantastic! You go, girl.

Malena, well, shoot. I really liked her until this episode.

Jalyn behaves and dances like a DCC already. One of my faves of the current TCCs. And next week is makeover week! Yay! Can't wait to see what they do with her hair.

Prrruuuuunnnne... ;-D

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

- I had to rewind it a few times to see if that guy really called Kelli Q “Love Buckets”. He did. ?

- All the reasons Kelsey L was so pretty (light eyes/dark hair, skinny) Alexis has as well, only Alexis isn’t annoying AF with her frisbee boyfriend on Insta. So Alexis is basically an upgraded Kelsey. #teamalexis 

- Glad TK was able to welcome her kid into training camp in that player tunnel thing 

- Heather seems so normal and well spoken!  

- Here in Boston, equinox costs $165/month for a gym membership, not including the initial enrollment fee. So $95/month isn’t that bad IMO.

- Okay that metal bathing suit was just wierd 

- For such a smart, savvy businesswoman, Kelli really needs to learn to dress age appropriately. I couldn’t look directly at the tv when she came out in that split down the middle, lace-up swimsuit. Not to mention that bodycon dress with her giant bosom. Just no. 

- Why don’t I look as adorable as fainting Kristin when I’m a sweaty mess like that? 

- Why does Judy always look so put together? Her hair, outfits, everything. I seriously want to be her. 

- Can’t wait for MARSHALL next week!!! ? 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe Denise Garvey kept Malena on the team just for appearances only. 

I watched it again. How did Kelli know about Malena being benched BEFORE she came into the office?  She didn't mention it when she was called out by Kelli (@ The Star) but they did show the little intro of her and it was mentioned there.  It also showed 2 shots of Malena in a FC uniform on the field. Kelli brought it up with Judy just before Malena came in.  I'm guessing cmt edited those scenes. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The whole reason we are all here is a television show called Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.  A team that is on national television every week during football season.  If you're a DCC, an enormous part of your job is being on TV, both on the reality show and during games.  It's not the place for an introvert unless they are also good at acting - and I don't mean that in a snarky way at all.  Some are capable of it.  Some are not, and it shows.

YES. Aspiring to be a DCC means embracing everything that cones along with it, including the show at this point. If you just want to dance, there are plenty of other squads on sports teams nationwide that you could try out for.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

-- For such a smart, savvy businesswoman, Kelli really needs to learn to dress age appropriately. I couldn’t look directly at the tv when she came out in that split down the middle, lace-up swimsuit. Not to mention that bodycon dress with her giant bosom. Just no. 

 

and all that is her natural-born "gifts" , right ? Or did she buy/add a little ? I just have a hard time with seeing her dance 4 qtrs of a football game.. only so much a bra can do....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

YES. Aspiring to be a DCC means embracing everything that cones along with it, including the show at this point. If you just want to dance, there are plenty of other squads on sports teams nationwide that you could try out for. I agree with you I watch to see the journey and hard work they have .

Edited by Disneydiva628
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think they knew all along, but they brought the poor girl in for a storyline and to have a girl to cut. There is no way in heck she would have been brought to TC I in the first place if there was no show. The whole thing reminds me of Carla Ann from Season 7. There is no way in heck she was thought to be a better dancer, and a girl they could send out on appearances than the five one year vets they cut. I bet Judy, Kelli, and Charlotte knew about the pictures before finals or right after finals, and even without the pictures, they would have cut her anyway. It comes down to ratings and drama at the expense of a lot of the girls.

That's not true at all.  Kelli loves Malena's look first and foremost, she did well at both semis and finals and Judy believes her to be teachable.  Malena is in camp because she earned herself a spot in camp, period.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Maven said:

Jalyn behaves and dances like a DCC already. One of my faves of the current TCCs. And next week is makeover week! Yay! Can't wait to see what they do with her hair.

 

In the previews it looks like they try to make her a redhead or something goes wrong with the color.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

That's not true at all.  Kelli loves Malena's look first and foremost, she did well at both semis and finals and Judy believes her to be teachable.  Malena is in camp because she earned herself a spot in camp, period.

Before the show, they only brought in girls who would have made the team. They bring in extra girls to TC for storylines and for cuts. I do not think Malena would have made the top 36 who would have made the squad this year hence bringing in 45 girls instead of the 36 girls who would have made up the 2018-2019 squad. Like Kelli has said in the past, they bring in more than the x number of girls to TC in order to give the girls a chance to make the squad, but it does not mean the extra girls will actually make the squad.

Edited by bigskygirl

Share this post


Link to post

I have to say that while I disliked Christina and her constant tears the first several times she auditioned, I really like her in this episode. She's very mature and poised and speaks well.

Kelli Quinn looks at least 40.

Tasha looks out of shape.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

FFS...are there actual people that pay that much to work out at the Star?

Have you seen everything they have to offer?!?! Its amazing, I wish we had one where I live! Lol. They offer all types of classes plus regular gym type stuff, different types of exercise therapy/massage (I'm sure that's extra though)  so $90 something a month isnt bad considering in Louisiana we pay $140 a month of just unlimited barre or cycling classes at the boutique studios. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Cowboys Fit is an incredible facility.... and they offer great childcare while you work out. It’s priced right with luxury health clubs and it’s actually cheaper than Equinox. This is not some run of the mill 24 Fitness or Gold’s Gym. If we lived in Frisco, we’d definitely join.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Before the show, they only brought in girls who would have made the team. They bring in extra girls to TC for storylines and for cuts. I do not think Malena would have made the top 36 who would have made the squad this year hence bringing in 45 girls instead of the 36 girls who would have made up the 2018-2019 squad. Like Kelli has said in the past, they bring in more than the x number of girls to TC in order to give the girls a chance to make the squad, but it does not mean the extra girls will actually make the squad.

My point was, Malena was brought to camp because Kelli finds her to be gorgeous and Judy believed her to be teachable.  She did well enough at finals to earn a spot in camp.  In the past, the organization may not have brought 45 girls to camp but they didn't bring just 36 either.  Currently, with the way camp is structured, the girls can move up and down in the rankings throughout camp based on how they perform each day and over the long run.  Someone who came into camp in spot say, 32 could end up in spot 38 by the end of camp and be cut.  A girl who was top 10 at finals could choke considerably in camp. and be cut.  A girl could be injured and end up cut; a girl could quit camp.  Just because a girl is top 36 at the end of finals does not mean she stays in the top 36. Taking 36 from finals also doesn't guarantee you a squad of 36 using the same logic.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, AddictedtoReality said:

Have you seen everything they have to offer?!?! Its amazing, I wish we had one where I live! Lol. They offer all types of classes plus regular gym type stuff, different types of exercise therapy/massage (I'm sure that's extra though)  so $90 something a month isnt bad considering in Louisiana we pay $140 a month of just unlimited barre or cycling classes at the boutique studios. 

To each their own. I get the same thing in Seattle proper for $60 a month, albeit in a basic facility without a huge, shiny Cowboys emblem to greet me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

To each their own. I get the same thing in Seattle proper for $60 a month, albeit in a basic facility without a huge, shiny Cowboys emblem to greet me.

and possibly without the added $275+ fee when you join

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I pay $35/per month to go to any LA Fitness in the country. It seems like there’s literally one around the corner, no matter where I am in the city or suburbs, so it’s convenient which is most important to me, but a lot of it just depends on what someone wants. As long as I have an elliptical and treadmill and a class to go to when I’m tired of the machines, I’m good. If one wants luxury or a ton of services, then the Cowboys facility is probably not a bad deal. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Disneydiva628 said:

Lacey’s bathing suit looked so uncomfortable I wouldn’t be comfy .

it was ugly and overdone. we've seen metal top bikinis done to death since Star Wars. thre was literally nothing new or 'iconic' about it. it was a standard white bikini bottom made to look like even smaller version of the uniform shorts and then a couple metal cups with stars on them that looked awkwardly like nipples depending on the angle the photo was being taken from.  and the photographer was a creep

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

it was ugly and overdone. we've seen metal top bikinis done to death since Star Wars. thre was literally nothing new or 'iconic' about it. it was a standard white bikini bottom made to look like even smaller version of the uniform shorts and then a couple metal cups with stars on them that looked awkwardly like nipples depending on the angle the photo was being taken from.  and the photographer was a creep

It looked like a coldsplay Star Wars outfit

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Disneydiva628 said:

It looked like a coldsplay Star Wars outfit

I don't even give it that much credit. most cosplayers have much higher standards than that thing. wonder how much it cost them

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

@ShellyB How come Lauren didn't participate in the swimsuit calendar? Was it because of her nursing job? Thanks for answering all of our questions!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

YES. Aspiring to be a DCC means embracing everything that cones along with it, including the show at this point. If you just want to dance, there are plenty of other squads on sports teams nationwide that you could try out for.

right . and given the talent was so strong this year, I hope those who unfortunately are cut , will try out for another team THIS season. If it is too late for football, then there is always NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Alexis: STUNNINGGGG

She really won my heart in last night's episode. I've always liked Alexis, but now I stan after her Britney impression and seeing just her general warmth, humor, and demeanor. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

She wasn't featured much in this episode, but I cannot get over TCC Rachel's hair. Like....just how much of that is extensions? Above the neck she is like 95 percent hair. This tiny little head and BAM so much hair. It's honestly a little distracting to me because I'm so fascinated by it. Like I look at other girls who obviously have extensions but even their thick heads of hair look thin next to Rachel. WHAT IS HAPPENING.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

My point was, Malena was brought to camp because Kelli finds her to be gorgeous and Judy believed her to be teachable.  She did well enough at finals to earn a spot in camp.  In the past, the organization may not have brought 45 girls to camp but they didn't bring just 36 either.  Currently, with the way camp is structured, the girls can move up and down in the rankings throughout camp based on how they perform each day and over the long run.  Someone who came into camp in spot say, 32 could end up in spot 38 by the end of camp and be cut.  A girl who was top 10 at finals could choke considerably in camp. and be cut.  A girl could be injured and end up cut; a girl could quit camp.  Just because a girl is top 36 at the end of finals does not mean she stays in the top 36. Taking 36 from finals also doesn't guarantee you a squad of 36 using the same logic.  

And girls could be brought to TC due to the show because they want girls who do not have a chance of making the team in first place. Usually they would bring in just the girls who were going to make the team aka bringing in certain amount of girls. It could be 34 or 36 girls, but now it seems Kelli wants to go with the golden number of 36. It comes down to ratings and drama. They could have edited scenes to make Kelli and Judy look interested in a girl in order to make them have good reasons to bring certain girls into TC, but in reality, the girl is a good story line and potential cut. Just like they probably edit scenes to make the girls who are cut look bad and to show Judy and especially Kelli have good enough reasons to cut her. I personally find Malena adorable, and I am rooting for her, but I feel she is just another storyline to keep the fans and viewers hooked in the show to see what happens with her. It breaks my heart to see girls being used like this in order to keep the show going.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

She really won my heart in last night's episode. I've always liked Alexis, but now I stan after her Britney impression and seeing just her general warmth, humor, and demeanor. 

Absolutely agree with this. I liked her last year but she came across really well in this ep, beautiful but with a personality too! Totally joined #teamAlexis after her Britney impression. 

I love Heather anyway, but I thought she looked beautiful in some of those shots. Savannah..... oh gosh, some of her expressions were just so awkward looking. Not sultry at alllll. And definitely not a fan of the metal bikini they put Lacey in...surely that's uncomfortable?! 

 

My heart broke for Malena a little. She seems so sweet but if she was benched from the Jets cheerleaders for not coping with choreography does she really think she can pick up 30 or so dances over training camp? Bless her. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

Lacey's metallic swimsuit was tacky. All you see is a reflection of the photographer on her boob. Has Lacey been on too many covers? She, Tasha and Alexis took some cover worthy shots.

Tasha - The quintessential DCC.

Tara is so basic and average.

Christina is surprisingly photogenic and alluring *prune*.

Alexis -  GORGEOUS.

Lexi - MEH. She has a weird pointy face. Don't know how she got cover.

Savannah is the poor man's Stephanie. Often imitated, never duplicated. K&J please stop making Savannah a thing (fetch).

The R&M (Rachel and Molly) twins looked good. They have healthy athletic builds.

Miranda's twins look less painful.

Kashara has gained significant weight. But who cares now, she's retiring.

Kahlyn - perfect and fit. K&J needs to put a women of color on a cover someday. Or have they?

Gina - Thank god for Photoshop.

No one can measure up to Maggie.

Lauren's absence has been unaddressed. @ShellyB

Lexi didn’t get the cover 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

Lacey's metallic swimsuit was tacky. All you see is a reflection of the photographer on her boob. Has Lacey been on too many covers? She, Tasha and Alexis took some cover worthy shots.

Tasha - The quintessential DCC.

Tara is so basic and average.

Christina is surprisingly photogenic and alluring *prune*.

Alexis -  GORGEOUS.

Lexi - MEH. She has a weird pointy face. Don't know how she got cover.

Savannah is the poor man's Stephanie. Often imitated, never duplicated. K&J please stop making Savannah a thing (fetch).

The R&M (Rachel and Molly) twins looked good. They have healthy athletic builds.

Miranda's twins look less painful.

Kashara has gained significant weight. But who cares now, she's retiring.

Kahlyn - perfect and fit. K&J needs to put a women of color on a cover someday. Or have they?

Gina - Thank god for Photoshop.

No one can measure up to Maggie.

Lauren's absence has been unaddressed. @ShellyB

I read someplace Lauren did not feel comfortable posing due to her job. Kelli and Judy were fine with it, so they brought her along because they feel she is a standout DCC on and off the field, and so she could bond more with the other girls.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I read someplace Lauren did not feel comfortable posing due to her job. Kelli and Judy were fine with it, so they brought her along because they feel she is a standout DCC on and off the field, and so she could bond more with the other girls.

if that was the reasoning, right when I thought I couldn't like her more, bam, I do. gotta respect a woman who has her career in her mind. I know many would argue bikinis aren't that much smaller than their uniform, but in some of the bikinis almost the entirity of their ass cheeks are on display, some of the bikini tops barely cover more than the nipple and the posess are often overtly sexual in a way even the dancing isn't. i wouldn't want to walk into a room to treat omeone who might a) have the photo on the wall b)do gods knows what with it c) think they can treat me a certain way because of a picture of me in a bikini.  clearly she loves to dance and being a DCC but her heart seems to really lie with her nursing and I can't not respect that

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Disneydiva628 said:

I felt weird watching the photo shoot with different photographers.

I found these photographers creeptastic in a way that I haven't before.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, CaseyRe said:

I found these photographers creeptastic in a way that I haven't before.

Yeah

 

1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

I found these photographers creeptastic in a way that I haven't before.

 

1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

I found these photographers creeptastic in a way that I haven't before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

if that was the reasoning, right when I thought I couldn't like her more, bam, I do. gotta respect a woman who has her career in her mind. I know many would argue bikinis aren't that much smaller than their uniform, but in some of the bikinis almost the entirity of their ass cheeks are on display, some of the bikini tops barely cover more than the nipple and the posess are often overtly sexual in a way even the dancing isn't. i wouldn't want to walk into a room to treat omeone who might a) have the photo on the wall b)do gods knows what with it c) think they can treat me a certain way because of a picture of me in a bikini.  clearly she loves to dance and being a DCC but her heart seems to really lie with her nursing and I can't not respect that

I totally get it though... not every girl is comfortable posing in an awful (&skimpy) suit just so thirsty men can have a calendar full of “america’s sweethearts:beach edition” pictures and DC make more money.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The meet a vet Tasha scenes were bad too. They made her sound like an expert on modeling because she has a clothes line and does some modeling. Really... It does not make you an expert. I am sure Tasha is a nice person and some of the girls do look up to her, but please do not try to sell us she is the be all, end all in the DCC World when it comes to modeling and posing because *gasp* she made the calendar cover especially when you can tell her picture was seriously touched up.

Well to be fair, ALL the photos are so heavily edited that some times I can’t even tell who it is supposed to be. At least Tasha would have made the cover with or without photoshop, just like Maggie. Kelli this year? Yeah, you can’t even tell that’s her.

2 hours ago, lah715 said:

The first meeting .... what was the seating order ?

Looked like Lacey was a the top by herself .... was it ranked by year or how they scored .???

Just curious ;-)

It looked like it was by year.

This must be the first time in years I like most of the rookies.

Heather is so nice! I’m glad she’s getting more screentime and I hope she stays on for another year.

Dayton’s office visit pissed me off.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I totally get it though... not every girl is comfortable posing in an awful (&skimpy) suit just so thirsty men can have a calendar full of “america’s sweethearts:beach edition” pictures and DC make more money.

Well to be fair, ALL the photos are so heavily edited that some times I can’t even tell who it is supposed to be. At least Tasha would have made the cover with or without photoshop, just like Maggie. Kelli this year? Yeah, you can’t even tell that’s her.

It looked like it was by year.

This must be the first time in years I like most of the rookies.

Heather is so nice! I’m glad she’s getting more screentime and I hope she stays on for another year.

Dayton’s office visit pissed me off.

I agree

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oh and Malena’s scene was so strange. She completely lost it because she was benched like a year ago? And that was her big challenge that shaped who she is and change her life??? How come Judy was trying to console her after this reaction?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, dreamcatcher said:

Oh and Malena’s scene was so strange. She completely lost it because she was benched like a year ago? And that was her big challenge that shaped who she is and change her life??? How come Judy was trying to console her after this reaction?

I was kinda cringing 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×