Type keyword(s) to search

Mayans MC - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Emily gets dumber every episode. If someone asks you if a “suicide” won’t happen again, and you as far as anyone knows had nothing to do with it, the answer “of course it won’t” makes no sense. Instead, you just confirmed that you did have something to do with it. Miguel should have called her on it.

i didn’t believe Coco’s daughter from the moment she gave her story to her dad. EZ is right, they don’t know if they really are the good guys yet. Nor do we. And what’s the plan now? Let them sleep in the yard? 

And the whole “we let Vatas move in, nothing else happens until we kick ass!”  thing was amusing. 

• Love 1

Ah Kurt...

The Mayans taking out the coyotes was awesome, I was glad to get a break from the stuff with the cartels and the feds and focus on club stuff. They even said that they've spent so much time dealing with these other things that they've been getting behind on their own terf and protecting it. Nothing makes you feel more like the good guys than shooting guys who set people in cages on fire!

Gabriella and EZ seem like they could be a good couple (how old is she exactly?) they certainly seem to have more in common than EZ and Emily (who only seem to have flashbacks in common these days) and have way less drama. And its going to be even heavier drama when the family secrets all come out! 

Glad to see Letty again, I love her and Coco and their weird ass family dynamic. She is wild, but a fun kind of wild, and it was nice to see her trying to help her friend and her and Coco bonding. 

• Love 4

Now that was a fucking ambush. That was lax security on the reservation.  At least, the preview made me less worried about Coco's sight. I don't know how more of the Mayans weren't killed. Samcro better join the Mayans in getting their revenge.

Fuck, it was Dita who ordered the hit on the Reyes. That is going to blow everything up. Felipe's reaction when he realized the truth was subtle, but powerful. It was a body blow. I wonder if he will tell Miguel the truth to hurt her. Felipe's reaction to Dita and then Emily cracked me up. I wonder which family Felipe is talking about protecting. He did call Miguel "son." He might have to tell them all the truth to stop EZ and Angel from going to war with Miguel and vice versa. I thought that Angel was the oldest son followed by Miguel and then EZ, but it seems like Miguel is the oldest. 

I can't stand Potter. I am glad that Miguel finally has leverage on him. Not sure how the other Reyes are going to escape his grip. Although maybe eventually Miguel will use Potter's ex and their child to leverage him to release Adelita and her baby.

Angel telling EZ to stop listening to the church of Coco cracked me the hell up.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7

What cracked me up was the reference to the "Port of Mendocino".  I get it, it's just a location reference for the Redwood Kings, but the thought of a bunch of bikers hanging out at the natural foods cafe', waiting for their shipment, is just a hoot.  I used to live in Mendocino County.

In any case, Tijuana is now out as an unloading point for the firearms.  There's lots of small ports north of LA, they'll just have to make some other deals.

I had the closed captioning on again, and they referred to the Sons of Anarchy club as Sam Crow.  Who's that guy?

It occurs to me that Felipe should just disappear, and I mean out of state.  Whatever Dita is asking him to do to "finish up" is not good, especially since she wanted/still wants him dead.  If she does kill him, and Galindo finds out that Felipe was his father, will Dita be safe?

• Love 1
On 10/23/2019 at 3:27 AM, Dowel Jones said:

It occurs to me that Felipe should just disappear, and I mean out of state.  Whatever Dita is asking him to do to "finish up" is not good, especially since she wanted/still wants him dead.  If she does kill him, and Galindo finds out that Felipe was his father, will Dita be safe?

I can't imagine Miguel killing his own mother. I think it is more likely that he will banish her to an assisted living facility or even institutionalize her. His real paternity and her attempt to murder Felipe will definitely destroy their already tenuous relationship caused by her lie about the circumstances of his brother's death. I hope that this secret is revealed in the finale so that next season can be about Felipe and his sons figuring out their new relationships.

One thing that irked the hell out of me last night was EZ's over dramatic reaction to his ridiculous belief that Miguel put the hit on his parents. Miguel destroyed their baby and married Emily? Good grief! EZ needs to wake the hell up and rejoin the real world. It was his decision to end his relationship with Emily that caused her to have the abortion. Besides whatever remaining feelings she has for him, at the moment Emily loves her husband and isn't interested rekindling a romance with EZ.  I really wish that the show would have EZ move on from Emily.  I really hope that finding out Miguel is his brother will put a pin in EZ's lingering feelings for Emily.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

What cracked me up was the reference to the "Port of Mendocino".  I get it, it's just a location reference for the Redwood Kings, but the thought of a bunch of bikers hanging out at the natural foods cafe', waiting for their shipment, is just a hoot.  I used to live in Mendocino County.

In any case, Tijuana is now out as an unloading point for the firearms.  There's lots of small ports north of LA, they'll just have to make some other deals.

I had the closed captioning on again, and they referred to the Sons of Anarchy club as Sam Crow.  Who's that guy?

I don't know if you're making fun of CC's use of the name Sam Crow, or if you're really asking, because I don't know you that well, my fellow MMC fan, but just to be helpful, Sam Crow is the abbreviation of SAMCRO which stands for Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Originals.

• Love 3

Does anyone else think that maybe Felipe will kill Dita for retribution for her putting the hit on his beloved wife Marisol (not to mention himself) or get EZ and/or Angel to do it?

Also thinking that Dita might want to get rid of Emily; shades of Gemma and Tara.

Anyroads, I loved that the last two episodes had the Mayans getting down to club business.  I want gavel-to-gavel coverage!

I'm really hoping Coco will be OK and that he just couldn't see because of blood in his eyes or the shock and trauma of getting hit.

Edited by CrystalBlue
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I don't know if you're making fun of CC's use of the name Sam Crow, or if you're really asking, because I don't know you that well, my fellow MMC fan, but just to be helpful, Sam Crow is the abbreviation of SAMCRO which stands for Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Originals.

Heh. I watched almost all of SOA, heard that Sam Crow term multiple times, and still never put that together. I just thought it was a weird nickname for white bikers. Thank you for that. 

I don’t know how any of these clubs get business done with all the infighting. 

Loved seeing The Scotsman again. He was the only one who seemed to have a strategic grasp. 

Potter losing it in front of the brothers was a good thing. They are getting to him. 

Why would Dita issue a hit on both Felipe and his wife? She loved Felipe when he walked away. Seems like it would be more her style to take out the wife and try to then move in. Is she that vindictive? 

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Ottis said:

Heh. I watched almost all of SOA, heard that Sam Crow term multiple times, and still never put that together. I just thought it was a weird nickname for white bikers. Thank you for that. 

I don’t know how any of these clubs get business done with all the infighting. 

Loved seeing The Scotsman again. He was the only one who seemed to have a strategic grasp. 

Potter losing it in front of the brothers was a good thing. They are getting to him. 

Who would Dita issue a hit on both Felipe and his wife? She loved Felipe when he walked away. Seems like it would be more her style to take out the wife and try to then move in. Is she that vindictive? 

Happy of the SOA was the hitman who killed Marisol Reyes.  Angel and EZ were told of that by Happy when they were going to kill Happy for killing their mother, but tied him up and tortured him instead.

CHIBS!!!!!!!!! My favorite SOA dude! The best. I love him forever.

I hope Coco will be okay.

I don't care about Riz because the actor played J-Lo's abusive ex in Shades of Blue, and I will forever think of him as that character.

• Love 3

I was so happy to see Chibs.

I figured it was Dita when she was apoligizing to Ignacio. She is Gemma in this and wonder if she knows that Emily knows and what she will do to Emily if she does know. And Miguel needs to chill the hell out. Sure Felipe is EZ's dad, but come on. Maybe he needs to step back and realize more is going on then his shit. But then again he thinks his shit is the only thing going on.

Felipe's reaction to finding out it was Dita that ordered the murder of his wife was so subtle and spot on. I thought his legs were going to buckle. How this is going to eat him alive knowing that his affair with Dita caused Marisol to be killed. Poor dude.

My favorite quote came from him when Emily showed up and he said and now this one. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Happy of the SOA was the hitman who killed Marisol Reyes.  Angel and EZ were told of that by Happy when they were going to kill Happy for killing their mother, but tied him up and tortured him instead.

But I recall Happy telling the brothers that "I was supposed to kill them both; I screwed up." Isn't that what he said? And if Dita is signing the checks, then I'm asking why Dita would have wanted the man she loved killed. That's just shrewish, and maybe that's what it is meant to be. But seems odd given Dita still seems to care for Felipe.

On 10/23/2019 at 9:38 AM, SimoneS said:

I can't imagine Miguel killing his own mother. I think it is more likely that he will banish her to an assisted living facility or even institutionalize her. His real paternity and her attempt to murder Felipe will definitely destroy their already tenuous relationship caused by her lie about the circumstances of his brother's death. I hope that this secret is revealed in the finale so that next season can be about Felipe and his sons figuring out their new relationships.

One thing that irked the hell out of me last night was EZ's over dramatic reaction to his ridiculous belief that Miguel put the hit on his parents. Miguel destroyed their baby and married Emily? Good grief! EZ needs to wake the hell up and rejoin the real world. It was his decision to end his relationship with Emily that caused her to have the abortion. Besides whatever remaining feelings she has for him, at the moment Emily loves her husband and isn't interested rekindling a romance with EZ.  I really wish that the show would have EZ move on from Emily. I I really hope that finding out Miguel is his brother will put a pin in EZ's lingering feelings for Emily.

Putting this in spoilers since it's a plotline from SOA and not sure if we're allowed to talk SOA spoilers in this thread.

Spoiler

Jax killed his own mother. Honestly, I wouldn't put anything past these guys

I loved seeing Chibs again! I loved all the club business and was on the edge of my seat during the shootout. I was glad Bishop was ok, I'm starting to like him. Poor Coco!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Putting this in spoilers since it's a plotline from SOA and not sure if we're allowed to talk SOA spoilers in this thread.

Hide contents

Jax killed his own mother. Honestly, I wouldn't put anything past these guys

I don't think that I knew this. Coco did kill his mother so I suppose it is possible that Miguel will kill Dita. And love and hate are, as they say, the two sides of the same coin.  It occurs to me that maybe Felipe will kill Dita to avenge his wife and protect Miguel and Emily from her machinations. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

I can't believe the season is almost over. Hopefully we do get a S3 because there is so much story left.

Poor Riz - wasn't he the one knocked off his bike in the road scuffle with the Swole Boys too? 

Loved Coco giving EZ the OK to beat down the obnoxious dudes. The club needs his sniper abilities, so I'm assuming he will regain his site. That whole ambush was intense.

5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I loved seeing Chibs again! I loved all the club business and was on the edge of my seat during the shootout. I was glad Bishop was ok, I'm starting to like him. Poor Coco!

Yes for Chibs! And I like Bishop too - I wasn't really buying him as the leader at the beginning, but I find him pretty compelling now.

And give the Emmy to EJO - that was an incredibly subtle but powerful reaction to the news. What will he do? He won't be able to walk away from this.

I still like the actor, but it was so, so satisfying to watch Potter lose it again. Angel was about to end him for threatening Felipe. Paloma totally knows she's potentially putting Potter's ex(?) and child in danger. She doesn't trust Miguel at all. Hopefully it's nothing more than leverage.

• Love 3

I knew it was Dita the second she said how Felipe left her for "that girl from the village" who ordered the hit, but I still got chills when Emily found her name on the old recites. She was so vindictive, and was so angry at the idea of Felipe choosing another woman, she wanted to take both of them out. I always knew that Dita had a seriously devious side, but holy shit. The plot continues to thicken!

I got my next chills/chuckle when Felipe called Miguel son, even if Miguel had no idea how literal he was being. Oh my God I haven't been this excited for a secret to come out in a long time! So much shit is seconds from hitting the fan. Just as a reminder that EJO is a master class actor, just look at his expression when he found out that Dita had Marisol killed (and almost him as well) in a "if I cant have you no one can" murder, and that she died not because of his work, but his affair...it was so subtle, and so powerful. You could see it hitting him like a wave. 

"And now this one." Its always one thing or another, huh Felipe? These crazy kids!

EZ is really embracing the church of Coco! Loved Coco telling him to beat up those asshole guys, that was awesome. Its just great to see more club business again, and focusing on the Mayans as a club, and not the guys in the background of this whole cartel/resistance/Potter stuff. Bang that gavel!

Its Chibs!!!! One of my favorite characters from SOA, thrilled to see him here, being awesome as ever! Holy hell, now THAT was an ambush! Poor Coco, his eyes better be ok, they need those! And Riz just has zero luck, its always him. Does he have some red on underneath all of that leather?

• Love 4

Wow, Taza murdered Riz. That is hardcore. Something serious must have gone down when he was with the Vatos. He wants revenge at any cost.

Was Felipe pretending not to know that Dita put the hit out on him. I thought he figured that out in the last episode.

Now I am wondering if Dita will kill herself. She seems exhausted by life and is going around making amends for her sins. Maybe she writes a letter to Miguel telling him everything and then overdoses on some pills.

I am so done with EZ and Emily. He needs to focus his attention on the sweet single beautiful Gabby.

• Love 1

I was SHOCKED that Taza killed Riz.  All of the club stuff was super compelling last night, and I feel like SOA paved the way to easily maneuver Mayans to talk about the conflict with being a brotherhood and being a business.  Bishop was in a lose-lose situation.  Coco was going to 100% do something reckless (I firmly believe) regardless of the vote, and it would have caused some splintering.

I adore when they allow JD and Clayton to just play off each other as brothers; the EZ-Angel, relationship is my favorite.  Clayton's line reading of "ohOHHHHHH" when Letty told EZ Gabby was asking about him was delightful.  An episode like this one needed that lightness.  Bless EZ and his fine ass, no game having self.  LOL.  Can he just go be with Gabby (I would enjoy them exploring that) and NOT have the Emily thing be a spoiler for them?!  I just don't believe that he is still in love with her...

Marcus Alvarez is one of the most interesting characters on tv, IMO.  Emilio makes him compelling as hell, and he was well used traversing between the cartel, his MC, and his primo. 

Fundamentally, this show has done well as showing the long range consequences of people not freaking talking to each other,and the pain and collateral damage it does.  I LOVED the kitchen scene between Felipe, the lads, and Emily, but you know the pieces that Felipe left out of the equation are going to burn the house down. EZ's memory is both a blessing and curse.

I cannot wait for next week!  This war is going to get ugly.  Does anyone have an inkling of Taza's betrayal? How does this put them in with SOA and the other kings?  What do they boys have in store for Potter and vice verse?  How is Adelita (and is that kid REALLY Angel's...b/c she just doesn't seem that super into him)?   What of this explosive situation with Dita/Galino and the Reyes?! 

2 more quick thoughts: 1)  I really hope they get renewed.  Out of all the shows with uncertain futures, I think this is the one I care about the most.  I'm already more in that I was at this season of Sons.  SOA has done the work mythology building, so Mayans have been able to get right to business with an incredibly talented cast. 2) (shallow) Yo.  Clayton Cardenas is an incredibly good looking man.  Whenever he is in a scene, I feel like I follow his gorgeous face (and body...let me climb that like a tree) always. If Juice/Chibs/Jax were my eye candy on SOA, Angel/Ez/Galindo are a heck of a combo on this show.  (/shallow).

• Love 9

Granted, motorcycle gangs don't function the same way that the Corleone family was portrayed in the Godfather movies, but I was expecting Bishop to argue in favor of saving retaliation for the right time.  He mentioned that the gun deals would make the Mayans very powerful in that area, and he could have added on that they would suffer far less if they acted on the VMs from that position of power, rather than as a bunch of loose cannons.  All that being said, however, there's no guarantee that the VMs wouldn't act first in the same vein.  War is best when you're on the winning side.

I may be getting lost in trying to remember how much truth Dita knows that others know (?) bc I'm not clear why she would facilitate a meeting between Felipe & Emily, unless she plans on throwing it at Miguel later. To me the actress is not playing the character like she's trying to bring out the truth. But I also tend to get annoyed with any scene involving Emily. I like Sarah Bolger but her wide-eyed pearl-clutching that her husband is an Honest Businessman is much. It makes no sense and it makes the character look dumb.

Anyone else think Teza wasn't acting alone? 

Edited by chick binewski

Well, for what it is worth FX is calling next week the season and not the series finale. I don't want the show to be canceled now when I am compelled by all the characters and so many interesting revelations are coming,

I think EZ and Gabby have a charming vibe, I am all for them getting together despite the age difference.

• Love 2

I spent the whole kitchen scene yelling "It was Dita! Its was Dita!" especially because I thought that Felipe figured that out last week, but maybe he was hiding it from his sons and Emily, or he was in denial. A lot of really great acting in that scene where EZ realizes he remembered seeing her, and they all realize that Dita was the killer. And Felipe still hasn't told any of them that Miguel is his biological son! While the flashback is horribly tragic, as will be the fallout, I did like the little bit of younger Angel and EZ we saw messing around, that was cute to see.

I cant believe that next week is the season (hopefully!) finale, this has been a really good season, its just flown by!

Oh my God, Taza freaking killed Riz! Something really crazy must have gone down with him when he was younger with the Vatos, or he wanted to start a war, but no matter his season, shit is going to seriously go down when the guys find out what he did. Honestly, even if they didnt decide to retaliate, Coco would have probably done something reckless on his own to get revenge, and the guys would have to back him up/bail him out, which would have ended the same way. 

I really love seeing more of the club stuff on the back end of the season, its really interesting to see Bishop trying to balance being criminal enterprise as well as a brotherhood. "Motorcycle enthusiasts" indeed.

I like Emily as a character, but feel nothing for her and EZ as a couple. Why would EZ want to deal with her and her drama when he has sweet, beautiful, probably hasn't married any of his brothers Gabby interested in him! Angel and everyone teasing him about Gabby was adorable.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

I am not sure of the end game Taza wanted.  Did he partially do that to keep Riz from having life-long consequences?  Does he want revenge from the past, or for the attack?  Is he trying to keep the MC "together" by forcing a revenge attack, despite the wishes of the table?  He wasn't there for the actual vote.

Maybe Taza is a mole for the VMs.  Maybe he lied about his past life with the VMs.  He kills Riz, getting the club riled up behind revenge, and then betrays them before the attack.  Or at least tries to.  We know that ain't gonna work.

So many secrets.....

This better get another season.

I know. Last season I probably wouldn't have cared if it got cancelled but this season has been good. It finally feels like the show it was aiming to be and I really hope we get another year.

• Love 1
On 11/2/2019 at 6:51 PM, sunshine2288 said:

I know. Last season I probably wouldn't have cared if it got cancelled but this season has been good. It finally feels like the show it was aiming to be and I really hope we get another year.

Me too. There are so many secrets that can rip apart so much that is going on. Brother killing brother. Brothers not knowing about each other. Mothers killing mothers. Potter's secret. 

They better renew this.

It reminds me of Invasion that didnt get renewed and the last couple episodes were so good and things were coming out and making sense and they didn't give it a second season.

Okay, that was a fucking brutal season finale. Not sure what was worse EZ killing Dita or the Mayans taking out the Vatos. Hell, they even killed the women. Paulo escaped with his grandmother. Who is the Samcro guy that they found? Next season's mystery.

I enjoyed Potter losing his shit. His tie was all over the place showing how he was off his game. It didn't last long now that Potter knows that Angel is the father of Adelita's son. Adelita should have escaped with Angel. 

Now Alvarez knows that one of the Mayans, likely EZ was there. I was glad when he wiped away the bike tracks. I thought Miguel's paternity would have come out. I am glad that the show got renewed so that story continues.   

I was so glad that Coco apologized to Chucky and told him how they all loved him. Chucky happily saying that they love him was so sweet.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

If they do an autopsy on Dita's body I am pretty sure a decent medical examiner would  be able to tell that she was strangled to death, burned body and all.

Well, it was good to see Potter humbled for a moment. Frustratingly it didn't last with him now holding Angel's son as an ace over him.

That final assault was brutal. Our heroes are indiscriminate murderers of innocents among the guilty.

Oh, EZ, you shouldn't have given Dita what she wanted. She didn't deserve to go out on her own terms at the cost of some of your soul.

• Love 6

Hey, genius brothers. When your pop makes it clear he is going to do something drastic regarding the killer of his wife, you might want to mention to him that you just used your most vital secret stuff to free him from Potter. That might help your pop make a different decision.

So EZ, like Jax, moves to the dark side, despite the best hopes of everyone.

How do they know that vengeful Dita doesn't have someone taking photos? I guess it doesn't matter given they literally don't cover their tracks.

I kept waiting for the secret Bishop retaliation vs. the Vatos leader. First I thought it would happen at the meet at grandmas, then after it, and then finally it happened at the birthday party. That was cold with all the innocents there. 

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 7

I always thought that EZ was a fuck up and never saw what was so special about him. Tonight simply continues to provide evidence for that opinion. Both Felipe and Angel were initially willing to walk away, but EZ decided to give Dita the easy way out. If EZ was really so smart, he would have figured out that Felipe and Dita were hiding Miguel's paternity and then destroy her world by telling Miguel the truth. Let her live with her son hating her, now that would be the punishment that would break her.

I was thinking about an autopsy revealing that Dita was murdered, but given that Dita left a suicide note the authorities likely wouldn't insist one and Miguel would not want one to performed.

Poor Angel. His son is adorable. He doesn't even know his name.

There has to be a way for Angel to get his son even with Adelita locked up. I know the show doesn't do legal, but he should just get a high paying lawyer. Both he and the baby are U.S. citizens, Potter cannot keep the baby in federal custody.

I wonder how Carla/Adelita will be reintegrated into the show next season. Maybe Potter releases her, but keeps the baby for insurance that she does what he wants. Escaping federal prison is near impossible.

I have been thinking that Palo must have figured out the ambush was coming when his grandmother told him that she discussed the party with the Mayans, but still to hide her and leave his guys to their fate was cold.

The Mayans are in for some serious trouble next season. The other charters will be furious. The one threatening to leave with the guns likely will. Then there is the Samcro guy who was killed. They could just bury his body, but surely his people know that he was at the party so there is no hiding that one. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I always thought that EZ was a fuck up and never saw what was so special about him. Tonight simply continues to provide evidence for that opinion. Both Felipe and Angel were initially willing to walk away, but EZ decided to give Dita the easy way out. If EZ was really so smart, he would have figured out that Felipe and Dita were hiding Miguel's paternity and then destroy her world by telling Miguel the truth. Let her live with her son hating her, now that would be the punishment that would break her.

I was thinking about an autopsy revealing that Dita was murdered, but given that Dita left a suicide note the authorities likely wouldn't insist one and Miguel would not want one to preformed.

Poor Angel. His son is adorable. He doesn't even know his name.

here has to be a way for Angel to get his son even with Adelita locked up though. I know the show doesn't do legal, but he should just get a high paying lawyer. Both he and the baby are U.S. citizens, Potter cannot keep the baby in federal custody.

I wonder how Carla/Adelita will be reintegrated into the show next season. Maybe Potter releases her, but keeps the baby for insurance that she does what he wants. Escaping federal prison is near impossible.

I have been thinking that Paulo must have figured out the ambush was coming when his grandmother told him that she discussed the party with the Mayan, but still to hide her and leave his guys to their fate was cold.

The Mayans are in for some serious trouble next season. The other charters will be furious. The one threatening to leave with the guns likely will. Then there is the Samcro guy who was killed. They could just bury his body, but surely his people know that he was at the party so there is no hiding that one. 

But was it really a suicide note?  I kept waiting to see what it actually said--I thought she might be pointing the finger at the Reyes.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, spazchic said:

But was it really a suicide note?  I kept waiting to see what it actually said--I thought she might be pointing the finger at the Reyes.

From Emily and Miguel's reactions, it had to be a suicide note. I can't imagine Dita implicating the Reyes just because it would eventually lead Miguel to the truth about his paternity which she did not want. Besides, she didn't know for sure that one of them would kill her. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

What a finale. I love that this show is not shying away from all the emotional turmoil that the characters are dealing with.

Oh EZ. I like that the show is not making him Jax 2.0 in that he's readily accepting his role as a club member, and Mayan. There are still some hints that he has some small doubts, but his little smile on the road at the end, and us not seeing any hesitation from him to help wipe out a bunch of innocents was dark. Not to mention straight up strangling Dita. Damn.

Felipe raising his voice to his sons...EJO has such a commanding presence on screen.

We wouldn't have a show if EZ had gotten out, as Angel wished, but his story will always be a sad one. He had the brains and support from Felipe to get away from the outlaw life.

The grey areas of the characters on these shows are always interesting. They are killers, but they aren't just black or white sociopaths either.

I like Bishop as a character more and more. But killing a Son? Ouch. I don't know if I'm excited or nervous for the fallout in S3. 

I wonder how long they plan to run this show if FX keeps renewing it.

Adelita....I feel for her, but unless she has some brilliant plan brewing, she had a chance to escape and didn't take it. Did she think she'd be able to keep her baby while in custody? And Potter has absolute leverage over her now. What did she think would happen? I do not like the sound of her being taken to interrogation. 

The female agent seemed to show a little empathy for Adelita though. Just a little.

Potter unraveling may have been my favorite moment of the episode. The actor killed it, especially his broken walk back to the car.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I like Bishop as a character more and more.

Same here. As we have gotten to know him, I have really grown to like Bishop this season. He loves his brothers and doesn't fool himself about who they are.

The female agent seemed to show a little empathy for Adelita though. Just a little.

After Potter told her to take the baby, the agent did look shaken. I wonder if she will help Angel get the baby somehow. 

Potter unraveling may have been my favorite moment of the episode. The actor killed it, especially his broken walk back to the car.

I can't stand Potter, but the actor is damn good. The broken walk, the tie awry, the panicked desperate voice on the phone with immigration... He knows how to emote. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CrazyDog said:

I like Bishop as a character more and more.

I had to laugh at something in the "previously on..." shorts.  There they all are, all these tough outlaws, at the Table, and Bishop is drinking Lite Beer.  Gotta watch those calories, you know.

• LOL 5
54 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I had to laugh at something in the "previously on..." shorts.  There they all are, all these tough outlaws, at the Table, and Bishop is drinking Lite Beer.  Gotta watch those calories, you know.

Brought to you by Miller Lite.

About Dita's suicide:  Why didn't she fake an insomnia problem with Dr. Luna the shrink and stockpile her pills to OD in her comfy bed at home?  I hate that EZ killed her upon her request but understand why.  Dita wanted Felipe/Ignacio to do the deed.  She was a truly screwed-up woman.

• Love 2

Random hits:

*Did Angel and EZ really think Potter was going to slink away with his tail between his legs? This is not a man accustomed to losing.

*Did we ever find out what beef Dita had with Emily (evidenced by her calling Emily a "White Devil" once or twice), or was it just racism on Dita's part?

*Glad EZ finally made the club. Similarly with Chucky being told how he was accepted and loved by the members.

*I could see next season going a couple of ways. It could pick up immediately where this one leaves off, or it could timeskip a year and have the VMs and Mayans grudgingly doing business while not trusting each other (with their leader and his mother having gone underground), Angel trying to locate Adelita and his child, and EZ as a firmly-established member.

*I'm guessing the whole "Felipe/Ignacio is really Miguel's father" plotline is done. No way Miguel ever believes such a thing without Dita around to confirm it. This assumes her suicide note to Miguel and Emily didn't just tell them.

• Love 2

So much hard core shit went down, what an awesome season! I liked last season alright, but this season has really stepped it up several notches. That was a brutal finale, with EZ killing Dita and the club going against the rest of the Mayans and slaughtering the Vatos, even the civilians who were with them. That was a dark ending, like damn. 

EZ becomes a full member of the Mayans, complete with the cool jacket, and while he has faced feeling conflicted before about his life of crime, he is fully embracing it now it seems like. But if he is going to be keep this up, he really needs to learn to cover his tracks better! I mean, Dita came to them wanting to die and wanting everyone to think her death was a suicide (which it kind of was) making this a perfectly wrapped crime, how do you leave such obvious evidence?! 

EJO has such a commanding presence, even in his quite scenes he just demands attention. His scenes with his sons were great all season, the family stuff was quite interesting this season between the Reyes men, with them all getting closer.

Lots being set up for next season, with the guys accidentally killing a SAMCRO member, plus the slaughter of the Vatos going against the greater clubs wishes, Miguel and Emily dealing with Ditas death, EZ being a full member, Adelita still in jail, as well as Angels baby, I am both nervous and excited to see what happens next!

So the baby really is Angels! I get why Adelita wanted to put her cause first, but escaping might have been the better idea, at least for her baby. I mean, Potter put out the freaking baby in federal prison! Angel should still have parental rights, he isnt in jail and he and the baby are US citizens. I knew that Potter would be down but not out, but I did love seeing him sweat for a minute. What a smug asshole, I cant wait for him to get his. 

I think that the female agent working with Potter might end up turning against him. Not only did she look like she was sympathetic to Adelita having her baby taken, but she also clearly bristled when Angel called her Potters "secretary" or something a few episodes ago. 

Loved Coco apologizing to Chuckie! They love me!

So Miguel's paternity still hasn't fully come out, I guess we will have to wait until next season! So glad we got renewed! 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

EZ becomes a full member of the Mayans, complete with the cool jacket,

I laughed when Bishop said "Sew these on, we got a party to get to."  15 minutes later, he's totally patched up and ready to ride.  Did he have a Pocket Mender handy?  Or does Chucky have a machine in the back?

• LOL 8
14 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I laughed when Bishop said "Sew these on, we got a party to get to."  15 minutes later, he's totally patched up and ready to ride.  Did he have a Pocket Mender handy?  Or does Chucky have a machine in the back?

I was thinking he must be awfully handy with a sewing needle. Add to that having to use a heavy-duty needle to pierce both the patch and the leather, and you're looking at a day's worth of work at least.

• Love 1

I haven’t read all the comments but why couldn’t EZ and Angel use the blackmail stuff against Potter to save their dad AND Adelita??  That’s what I didn’t get. They had the goods on him they should have been able to get whatever they wanted. 

• Love 4

I'm so happy this got renewed. These last 2 episodes were intense. Loved the brotherly banter between EZ and Angel. I'm really excited to see where the show goes from here with the dead SAMCRO member. 

Shallow note: EZ was so hot when he was telling Potter to fuck off.

• Love 4